PDA

View Full Version : Big 12

Old Tiger
11-17-2012, 11:16 PM
Texas, Kansas State, and Oklahoma all in the hunt for a Big 12 Championship. Below is the remaining schedule for each team.

Oklahoma: Oklahoma State, @ TCU

Texas: TCU, @ Kansas State

Kansas State: Texas

NastySlot
11-17-2012, 11:30 PM
Texas, Kansas State, and Oklahoma all in the hunt for a Big 12 Championship. Below is the remaining schedule for each team.

Oklahoma: Oklahoma State, @ TCU

Texas: TCU, @ Kansas State

Kansas State: Texas

Dang that's a deep conference

Football fan
11-17-2012, 11:38 PM
Lol...

NastySlot
11-17-2012, 11:40 PM
Lol...
Their championship game will be exciting. Oh wait nvm

Saggy Aggie
11-17-2012, 11:42 PM
Hahaha PAC 12 and big 12 suck. BAYLOR just dropped 52 on KSU.

SEC is gonna win yet another NC

NastySlot
11-17-2012, 11:58 PM

Baylor win amazing losing record and they beat the $#!+ out number and heisman front runner wow- flip channel and Stanford wins

movethechain
11-18-2012, 12:22 AM
Looked like Baylor finally started playing a little defense. Glad to see them get the big win. Wow, Oregon made a ton of mistakes and Stanford (even with their fumbling problem) held their feet to the fire and smoked em at the end with a kicker from Austin, Texas. So, the Lone Star State managed to shock both #1 and #2 tonight.

87 TIGER
11-18-2012, 12:57 AM

Irish

Saggy Aggie
11-18-2012, 01:29 AM
Irish

Lol no... Same people said KSU and Oregon. ND ain't happening either.

They don't even belong on the same field as bama

Txbroadcaster
11-18-2012, 04:18 AM

This is what I dont get...what has SEC done to prove they are best conference? and dont say ranked teams, because what did those teams do to be ranked? What game outside of the SEC did an SEC team win that makes you think OMG the SEC is so great...Why does A&M beating #1 Bama tough prove how great the SEC is, but Baylor beating #1 Kansas State shows Big 12 is not good?

Aesculus gilmus
11-18-2012, 08:20 AM
This is what I dont get...what has SEC done to prove they are best conference? and dont say ranked teams, because what did those teams do to be ranked? What game outside of the SEC did an SEC team win that makes you think OMG the SEC is so great...Why does A&M beating #1 Bama tough prove how great the SEC is, but Baylor beating #1 Kansas State shows Big 12 is not good?

You know the media elite desperately want Notre Dame in the BCS title game. And they are lamenting that it cannot be against Ohio State. I have to agree that such a matchup would have gotten way better ratings than the typical all-SEC title game. Wasn't last year's game one of the lowest-rated ever because of that fact?

I just answered my own question. It was THE lowest-rated in the history of this game:
http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/34308344

Not only is a Deep South regional matchup uninteresting to the people in the other 48 states and ships at sea, but also the SEC smashmouth style of play is BORING to many.

Emerson1
11-18-2012, 08:20 AM
Cause it's the SEC!!!!!!!

Old Tiger
11-18-2012, 08:35 AM
Baylor would be scary good if they had a defense.

Old Tiger
11-18-2012, 08:39 AM
7 out of 10 teams are bowl elgible right now in the Big 12. West Virginia should become bowl elgible in the next coulple of weeks. It could be very tough for Baylor to be bowl elgible with their remaining schedule. That would make 9 out of 10 teams being bowl elgible.

WVU remaining schedule; Iowa State and Kasas
Baylor; Texas Tech and Oklahoma State.

Saggy Aggie
11-18-2012, 12:54 PM

Because its BAYLOR. They suck, and they DESTROYED KSU. Look at their body of work coming in. lmao.

Try to justify that all you want. I dont have to compare head to heads to see who the best team is. Anyone with a brain can see that better football is being played in the SEC.

texanpride1250
11-18-2012, 01:29 PM

That is called "Aggie logic"!

NastySlot
11-18-2012, 02:51 PM
That is called "Aggie logic"!

Nice try.......but when the top team in any conference gets abused by a bottom feeder what do you think is says about that conference? Plug that statement in for any conference even the wac

texanpride1250
11-18-2012, 03:09 PM
It speaks more to the parity that runs throughout the game. The difference between these teams becomes less every year.

But look back at the original statement that I was referring to. If a similar upset occurs in the SEC everybody points to that as another sign of the strength of the conference. I have seen it happen many times.

Now I am not here touting the strength of he Big 12 or lack of strength of the SEC I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of a statement.

As far as Baylor being a bottom feeder, they are one of the top offenses in the nation. Nick Florence ranks at or near the top in just about every stat you can use to measure a QBs individual performance. To me that does not reflect a bottom feeder. Yes there defense has been virtually non existent but they have players on scholarship too and obviously put together a good game against a team that was no doubt overconfident. There is a thread on here referring to the inconsistencies of teenage boys, many of the players on the college teams are teenage boys.

Neither of these conferences are weak. But I also think that both have had better years. Bowl season will give a better barometer of conference strength as many conferences just beat each other up.

bwdlionfan
11-18-2012, 06:11 PM
It speaks more to the parity that runs throughout the game. The difference between these teams becomes less every year.

But look back at the original statement that I was referring to. If a similar upset occurs in the SEC everybody points to that as another sign of the strength of the conference. I have seen it happen many times.

Now I am not here touting the strength of he Big 12 or lack of strength of the SEC I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of a statement.

As far as Baylor being a bottom feeder, they are one of the top offenses in the nation. Nick Florence ranks at or near the top in just about every stat you can use to measure a QBs individual performance. To me that does not reflect a bottom feeder. Yes there defense has been virtually non existent but they have players on scholarship too and obviously put together a good game against a team that was no doubt overconfident. There is a thread on here referring to the inconsistencies of teenage boys, many of the players on the college teams are teenage boys.

Neither of these conferences are weak. But I also think that both have had better years. Bowl season will give a better barometer of conference strength as many conferences just beat each other up.

Last year the Big 12 went 6-2 in bowl games
SEC went 6-3

Saggy Aggie
11-18-2012, 06:39 PM
Last year the Big 12 went 6-2 in bowl games
SEC went 6-3

LOL, yeah... if you count the loss LSU had playing in the national championship game to another SEC school.

Oh yeah, and...

#6 Arkansas 29 (Tied for 4th best conference record in the SEC)
#8 KSU 16 (2nd best conference record in the Big 12)

The only head to head matchup between the 2 conferences right?

Great point you made again... :hand::rolleyes:

lostaussie
11-18-2012, 07:20 PM
Big 12 losing.........but continue to try. Top to bottom the SEC would own the Big 12. Maybe not forever.......but for now. Just the way it is.

texanpride1250
11-18-2012, 09:29 PM
Where did the Agg

navscanmaster
11-19-2012, 01:24 AM
Baylor would be scary good if they had a defense.You mean like, oh say, A&.......never mind, too easy.

regaleagle
11-19-2012, 01:57 AM
There are a couple of reasons for the Baylor win over KState. First of all, they have the highest ranked offense in the nation...nobody can deny that. Secondly, their D is not good, but this game it was. If they had a good D, they wouldn't have those losses. Finally, KState was probably overrated, at least in my mind they were, and the game was at Baylor. This in no way detracts from the quality of Big 12 football....it shows just the opposite. No one dominant team means a plethora of better teams in the conference, as evidenced by the bowl record last season. Add TCU and WV wins to that equation, subtract Missou, and you are even at a better record. ATM was a non-factor last bowl season. More matchups between the SEC and Big 12 in bowl games should be forthcoming. These are the best conferences in college football, imo. And I don't think they are very far apart in quality football and players. Different style of play, but even that is changing. Right now it's the TV $$$$ touting the SEC. It's huge money and big business, unfortunately.

83Indian
11-19-2012, 03:03 AM
LOL, yeah... if you count the loss LSU had playing in the national championship game to another SEC school.

Oh yeah, and...

Isnt i funny how A&M couldnt do anything in the big 12 goes to the SEC and beats Bama and almost LSU?

Saggy Aggie
11-19-2012, 11:09 AM
Isnt i funny how A&M couldnt do anything in the big 12 goes to the SEC and beats Bama and almost LSU?

Not really. Completely a result of Manziel and sumlin. A&M would probably be undefeated (maybe 1 loss) and in the nat'l title picture if they had remained in the big 12.

NastySlot
11-19-2012, 11:19 AM

Yeah I ve been LMAO. ........amazing job by new staff and Q. Guess should credit were credit is due thanks LHN ESPN and to that miracle comeback last thanksgiving. Reminds me of the little brother that marries up and leaves a dysfunctional family.......funny stuff.

NastySlot
11-19-2012, 11:21 AM
There are a couple of reasons for the Baylor win over KState. First of all, they have the highest ranked offense in the nation...nobody can deny that. Secondly, their D is not good, but this game it was. If they had a good D, they wouldn't have those losses. Finally, KState was probably overrated, at least in my mind they were, and the game was at Baylor. This in no way detracts from the quality of Big 12 football....it shows just the opposite. No one dominant team means a plethora of better teams in the conference, as evidenced by the bowl record last season. Add TCU and WV wins to that equation, subtract Missou, and you are even at a better record. ATM was a non-factor last bowl season. More matchups between the SEC and Big 12 in bowl games should be forthcoming. These are the best conferences in college football, imo. And I don't think they are very far apart in quality football and players. Different style of play, but even that is changing. Right now it's the TV $$$$ touting the SEC. It's huge money and big business, unfortunately.
What?

New Taiton
11-19-2012, 12:15 PM
Why does A&M beating #1 Bama tough prove how great the SEC is, but Baylor beating #1 Kansas State shows Big 12 is not good?

Baylor had the worst defense in the country. They've moved up since that win, but as of Saturday night, they were the worst in the FBS.

No. You wanted A&M to be the same team that left the Big 12; a couple of good seasons, mostly middle of the pack, blow leads in the 2nd half, etc.

What you got was a new coaching staff and a new mentality which has resulted in a new team.

How do you compare Mizzou's trip into the SEC? They were the upper echelon of the Big 12 north and had strung together a couple good seasons recently. They also run the spread and have one of the quickest to the line offenses in the country. Mizzou has two wins in the SEC; a 4 OT win against an SEC winless UT and a win over SEC winless Kentucky. What does that say about the SEC?

No. It's funny how butthurt Texas fans are over the success that A&M has had this year.

Football fan
11-19-2012, 12:39 PM
Right now it's the TV $$$$ touting the SEC. It's huge money and big business, unfortunately.

Yeah, ESPN has no stake in the Big XII's success.

hsbtex
11-19-2012, 06:13 PM
Baylor had the worst defense in the country. They've moved up since that win, but as of Saturday night, they were the worst in the FBS.

No. You wanted A&M to be the same team that left the Big 12; a couple of good seasons, mostly middle of the pack, blow leads in the 2nd half, etc.

What you got was a new coaching staff and a new mentality which has resulted in a new team.

How do you compare Mizzou's trip into the SEC? They were the upper echelon of the Big 12 north and had strung together a couple good seasons recently. They also run the spread and have one of the quickest to the line offenses in the country. Mizzou has two wins in the SEC; a 4 OT win against an SEC winless UT and a win over SEC winless Kentucky. What does that say about the SEC?

No. It's funny how butthurt Texas fans are over the success that A&M has had this year.

Funny how our little brothers can't accept these facts. You sure do look cute in our rear view mirror little brother!!

Old Tiger
11-19-2012, 06:50 PM
Funny how our little brothers can't accept these facts. You sure do look cute in our rear view mirror little brother!!

I posted this in another thread regarding the Aggies this year.

Will be interesting to see the Ags next year.

Especially with the possibility of losing Matthews and Joeckel.

They will be losing the following

Patrick Lewis
Swope
Nwachukwu
Kenric McNeal
Christine Michael
Matthews*
Joeckel*

That is possibly 3 offensive linemen and 2 receivers that account for 9 touchdowns this season.

Defensively they lose 5 possibly 6 players also.

This was a good year for Sumlin to come into the A&M program but next year will be the tougher test. They do have a better schedule though.

NastySlot
11-19-2012, 06:57 PM

not too sure...but if i remember right they have Ole Miss, Arky, LSU and Mizzou on the road....eight home games with bama early.

I don't get into recruit too much my son relays stuff seems like they might hit the JUCO's for quick help on the line.............receivers they should be ok with what i have seen as far as young players and what they might bring in. RB is loaded they will add Brandon Williams next season.

I would just like to enjoy the rest of the season and hopefully get two more wins.

hsbtex
11-19-2012, 07:06 PM

I appreciate your concern tiger. Have you seen the two tackles that back up joeckel and mathews? Joseph cheek, who backs up joeckel, would start for any other o line in the country. Unfortunately for him, he backs up the projected number 6 pick in the draft. And surely you have seen our depth at running back and wide receiver...right?? Nice try though :)

Old Tiger
11-19-2012, 07:14 PM
I appreciate your concern tiger. Have you seen the two tackles that back up joeckel and mathews? Joseph cheek, who backs up joeckel, would start for any other o line in the country. Unfortunately for him, he backs up the projected number 6 pick in the draft. And surely you have seen our depth at running back and wide receiver...right?? Nice try though :)

You don't replace first round draft picks in Joeckel and Matthews.

Biggest concern has to be the defense. A&M hasn't recruited well on defense the past 3-4 years.

bwdlionfan
11-19-2012, 07:27 PM

Oh yeah, and...

You're dumber than most Aggies.... I posted two records, that's not making a point, that's stating a fact.

bwdlionfan
11-19-2012, 07:34 PM

I'm a Texas fan and I think it's great that A&M is having success in the SEC. I'm so sick of Bama and LSU and I used to like LSU.

I think it's funny that most Aggies (like yourself) think the UT fans are butthurt about A&M. Most of the UT fans I know either are glad they're showing the SEC that they can compete or they couldn't give a rats a$$ about the Aggies.

hsbtex
11-19-2012, 07:48 PM
You're dumber than most Aggies.... I posted two records, that's not making a point, that's stating a fact.
You're dumber than most hornies! He pointed out that your "fact" was controversial, because two sec schools played each other

hsbtex
11-19-2012, 07:52 PM
I'm a Texas fan and I think it's great that A&M is having success in the SEC. I'm so sick of Bama and LSU and I used to like LSU.

I think it's funny that most Aggies (like yourself) think the UT fans are butthurt about A&M. Most of the UT fans I know either are glad they're showing the SEC that they can compete or they couldn't give a rats a$$ about the Aggies.
All you have to do is read the liberal statesman...there is butthurt every day in the sports section :)

Old Tiger
11-19-2012, 07:59 PM
I don't have a problem with the Ags having success. I just get annoyed with all the SEC SEC SEC crap. Congrats, you are having a good season in that conference but one season in a conference doesn't make it the end all be all of all conversations involving college football.

hsbtex
11-19-2012, 08:03 PM
I don't have a problem with the Ags having success. I just get annoyed with all the SEC SEC SEC crap. Congrats, you are having a good season in that conference but one season in a conference doesn't make it the end all be all of all conversations involving college football.
I agree Tiger, we will see what next season brings. But i sure like where we are as a program now!

NastySlot
11-19-2012, 08:43 PM

hey you seem to know somethings about the o line...whats the deal with Shep Klinke? is playing much? Red shirt?

Saggy Aggie
11-19-2012, 08:46 PM

LOL, yeah a point that is based off counting a loss to another SEC school in the NC game.

SEC 1-0 vs Big 12 last year. SEC 4th place team dominated Big 12 2nd place team.

Oh and SEC had TWO schools playing for the NC, opposed to the zero that the big 12 had.

Saggy Aggie
11-19-2012, 08:46 PM
I've heard Joeckel, Matthews and Moore are all considering coming back next year?

NastySlot
11-19-2012, 08:49 PM
I've heard Joeckel, Matthews and Moore are all considering coming back next year?

i ve heard that about Joeckel and Matthews....esp Joeckel.

hsbtex
11-19-2012, 08:52 PM
hey you seem to know somethings about the o line...whats the deal with Shep Klinke? is playing much? Red shirt?
I am almost certain i saw that he was red shirted. He should be a good one. If joeckel and mathews stay, i think they will move cheek to guard. He is a mean boy...but comes from a private school :) i can't remember a time when we were this loaded on o line

hsbtex
11-19-2012, 08:53 PM
i ve heard that about Joeckel and Matthews....esp Joeckel.
They come from pretty wealthy families. I would be surprised if they leave

NastySlot
11-19-2012, 09:10 PM
I am almost certain i saw that he was red shirted. He should be a good one. If joeckel and mathews stay, i think they will move cheek to guard. He is a mean boy...but comes from a private school :) i can't remember a time when we were this loaded on o line

I pretty sure Cheek is from Seguin....his dad was a good who played pro ball also.

texanpride1250
11-19-2012, 09:42 PM

A&M still plays football?

texanpride1250
11-19-2012, 09:48 PM
LOL, yeah a point that is based off counting a loss to another SEC school in the NC game.

SEC 1-0 vs Big 12 last year. SEC 4th place team dominated Big 12 2nd place team.

Oh and SEC had TWO schools playing for the NC, opposed to the zero that the big 12 had.

Please explain how anything the SEC did in last years bowl season has anything to do with the Aggies.

NastySlot
11-19-2012, 09:49 PM
A&M still plays football?

no once they moved out of state.....no one knows what ever became of them.

texanpride1250
11-19-2012, 09:51 PM
They come from pretty wealthy families. I would be surprised if they leave

That is all well and good, but if you are going to go 6 overall you have to jump on that opportunity. Would be crazy not too.

NastySlot
11-19-2012, 09:55 PM
Please explain how anything the SEC did in last years bowl season has anything to do with the Aggies.
i think he was replying to those arguements about which conference is stronger and those that say the bowl season is a good indicator....someone posted the big xii had a better record but the info was sorta of skewed...he was just saying that bama win and lsu loss shouldn't count in was in championship (not a bowl) and they were from the same conference.

imo bowls don't prove anything.................too long off, always some team that has suspended on ineligible players not playing and really do you think guys on 6-6, 7-5 and 8-4 teams really care if they win a bowl game? Heck they are tired, want to go home for the holidays and forget about mediocre seasons.

bowls are just another off season and time in pads. for younger player development

texanpride1250
11-19-2012, 11:01 PM
i think he was replying to those arguements about which conference is stronger and those that say the bowl season is a good indicator....someone posted the big xii had a better record but the info was sorta of skewed...he was just saying that bama win and lsu loss shouldn't count in was in championship (not a bowl) and they were from the same conference.

imo bowls don't prove anything.................too long off, always some team that has suspended on ineligible players not playing and really do you think guys on 6-6, 7-5 and 8-4 teams really care if they win a bowl game? Heck they are tired, want to go home for the holidays and forget about mediocre seasons.

bowls are just another off season and time in pads. for younger player development

Nasty, I guess you didn't catch the hint of sarcasm. Just throwing a little jab at an Aggie.

I totally agree with you in regard to the bowls. Not always a great barometer with the long delay. It's a shame that there isn't a real life playoff system in place.

Seriously though, Manziel is an exciting player to watch. Too bad the Aggies got butthurt and ran off to the SEC. Another little jab. They might actually would have had a chance to beat the Longhorns with him.

Saggy Aggie
11-19-2012, 11:04 PM
^^^^

I never said it had anything to do with A&M. Just replying to the original post about the strength of the 2 conferences.

Even when A&M was in the big 12, I didn't hesitate to say the SEC was better. And the SEC is still better, and prolly will be for the foreseeable future

Txbroadcaster
11-19-2012, 11:18 PM
^^^^

I never said it had anything to do with A&M. Just replying to the original post about the strength of the 2 conferences.

Even when A&M was in the big 12, I didn't hesitate to say the SEC was better. And the SEC is still better, and prolly will be for the foreseeable future

as I have said before A&M left that the SEC at the top is very good, but I also feel like they are overrated by a great hype machine that knows how to promote them very well

Football fan
11-20-2012, 12:26 AM
These threads are worthless.

It's like debating politics. You aren't changing the other sides mind. And when one side has an advantage the other has too much pride to admit it.

Saggy Aggie
11-20-2012, 01:21 AM
as I have said before A&M left that the SEC at the top is very good, but I also feel like they are overrated by a great hype machine that knows how to promote them very well

Top 8 in SEC better than any other conferences top 8, and that's in a year when auburn and Arkie, traditionally good teams, suck.

If you wanna call that top heavy then be my guest lol

Txbroadcaster
11-20-2012, 01:27 AM
Top 8 in SEC better than any other conferences top 8, and that's in a year when auburn and Arkie, traditionally good teams, suck.

If you wanna call that top heavy then be my guest lol

you feel that way..I dont

Saggy Aggie
11-20-2012, 03:23 AM
you feel that way..I dont

Agree to disagree

Old Tiger
11-20-2012, 07:07 AM
K State - Bama*
OU* - Georgia
Texas* - Florida
Oklahoma St - LSU+
Tech - A&M*
TCU - South Carolina+
Iowa St* - Miss St
WVU* - Vandy

* Denotes who I think would win
+ Denotes a push/too close to call

Roughly how the top 8 in the conference stack up.

NastySlot
11-20-2012, 08:57 AM
K State - Bama*
OU* - Georgia
Texas* - Florida
Oklahoma St - LSU+
Tech - A&M*
TCU - South Carolina+
Iowa St* - Miss St
WVU* - Vandy

IDK but thanks for sharing....ISU over State. State is pretty good at beating $#!++y teams.

IMO Texas right now...is the only one that could show up and beat those eight you have listed on any given saturday.

msu97
11-20-2012, 09:03 AM

Bowls really do not prove anything... some schools are just excited to be in a bowl...
The SEC, in their bowls play...one game against Conference USA, one against the Big 12, one against the Big East, 3 against the Big 10 and 3 against the ACC... not counting the 2 BCS games they will be in... so not hardly a murderers row... so the bowl record is skewed... I mean, the ACC, Big East and Big 10 are not good conferences... they only play one against the Big 12 and none against the Pac 12...

msu97
11-20-2012, 09:05 AM
K State - Bama*
OU* - Georgia
Texas* - Florida
Oklahoma St - LSU+
Tech - A&M*
TCU - South Carolina+
Iowa St* - Miss St
WVU* - Vandy

I would agree with this... however, put
Baylor would beat SEC #9...

kansas v whoever is a loss for the Big 12... and not one person, not one... would go to that game

Saggy Aggie
11-20-2012, 11:18 AM
K State - Bama*
OU* - Georgia
Texas* - Florida
Oklahoma St - LSU+
Tech - A&M*
TCU - South Carolina+
Iowa St* - Miss St
WVU* - Vandy

LSU would kill OSU.

Miss st >>> ISU.

Sc > TCU....

Florida + driskell > Texas

Florida -driskell < Texas

Ou - Georgia a push.

And this is in a year where two traditionally good SEC schools suck. Most other years it'll be Arkie and Auburn whooping up on some people too

msu97
11-20-2012, 11:29 AM
Ole Miss put 35 on LSU and OSU is clearly better than Ole Miss... so not so sure why you think LSU would kill OSU, ohhh, they beat ATM so that means that they are clearly better... Miss State is not good, neither is ISU... but ISU could win...
Florida would not beat Texas... Florida struggles on offense against even bad defenses, which Texas has... Texas offense is better than any team Florida has played, well I guess except ATM since your aggies are clearly better than anyone else...
as long as it is not in a BCS bowl where Stoops notoriously chokes, OU is better than Georgia... Georgia has played one quality opponent all year and was throttled 35-7 by South Carolina... so not sure why Georgia is soooo good... of course OU was beaten badly by Notre Dame but Notre Dame is pretty darn good...
Auburn, except in cases where they illegally recruited, has never been good... Arkansas, well, they are a lot like Oklahoma, underachievers, but OU is better than them so no... wrong there too

NastySlot
11-20-2012, 11:32 AM
Bowls really do not prove anything... some schools are just excited to be in a bowl...
The SEC, in their bowls play...one game against Conference USA, one against the Big 12, one against the Big East, 3 against the Big 10 and 3 against the ACC... not counting the 2 BCS games they will be in... so not hardly a murderers row... so the bowl record is skewed... I mean, the ACC, Big East and Big 10 are not good conferences... they only play one against the Big 12 and none against the Pac 12...
What makes you think the ACC and Big 10 are weak......pretty even top to bottom that's like your stance on the big xii. What makes you think the PAC 10 is any stronger? Really after Oregon and maybe Stanford Idk I guess UCLA is solid.

msu97
11-20-2012, 11:43 AM
The ACC and the Big 10 are weak... Virginia Tech, FSU and Miami have to carry that conference and two of those schools are not good...
Ohio State is a great program and with Meyer they will get soooo much better, but the rest of the conference... not so much...
teh Pac 12 is better than those two...

Saggy Aggie
11-20-2012, 12:21 PM
Ole Miss put 35 on LSU and OSU is clearly better than Ole Miss... so not so sure why you think LSU would kill OSU, ohhh, they beat ATM so that means that they are clearly better... Miss State is not good, neither is ISU... but ISU could win...
Florida would not beat Texas... Florida struggles on offense against even bad defenses, which Texas has... Texas offense is better than any team Florida has played, well I guess except ATM since your aggies are clearly better than anyone else...
as long as it is not in a BCS bowl where Stoops notoriously chokes, OU is better than Georgia... Georgia has played one quality opponent all year and was throttled 35-7 by South Carolina... so not sure why Georgia is soooo good... of course OU was beaten badly by Notre Dame but Notre Dame is pretty darn good...
Auburn, except in cases where they illegally recruited, has never been good... Arkansas, well, they are a lot like Oklahoma, underachievers, but OU is better than them so no... wrong there too

We're just never going to agree. ND is overrated and that'll be proven true when Bama b*tch slaps them in NC game.

NastySlot
11-20-2012, 12:33 PM
The ACC and the Big 10 are weak... Virginia Tech, FSU and Miami have to carry that conference and two of those schools are not good...
Ohio State is a great program and with Meyer they will get soooo much better, but the rest of the conference... not so much...
teh Pac 12 is better than those two...

Ok so OU and the horns don t carry the big xii? In the ACC it looks like from top to bottom anyone can beat anyone so using your thinking it should be one of the best. Miami really good? Maybe you had them confused with Clemson idk. The PAC 10 is better really after Oregon no one else carries that banner- sure you think it s tough cause the what 5th and sixth place big 12 finishers play them in bowls......heck their equalivant to the big 12 the do less with more team is floundering and ready to axe their golden boy

msu97
11-20-2012, 12:55 PM
I said two of them are not good, so that would be Va Tech and Miami that are not good...
Stanford is a good team... think anyone really wants to play them right now?

I know now that your beloved Aggies left the Big 12 the conference is now worse, not really but I will run with it... but the SEC is not all that...

Western Kentucky> kentucky
UL_Monroe> Arkansas and just about Auburn
Towson played even with LSU
UL-Lafayette should have beaten Florida
great football teams there

Saggy Aggie
11-20-2012, 01:06 PM
I said two of them are not good, so that would be Va Tech and Miami that are not good...

I know now that your beloved Aggies left the Big 12 the conference is now worse, not really but I will run with it... but the SEC is not all that...

Anomolies. Every team has bad games.

Remember when Texas lost to WVU.. yeah.. they've now lost 5 in a row now. Remember when Kansas played with Texas? Great football team right there.

Remember when pittsburgh took ND to 3 OT, remember when purdue shouldve beat nd, remember when BYU shouldve beat nd.... We can all play this game...

NastySlot
11-20-2012, 01:25 PM

Yeah good football...... Because close games = good football but is that only if one team beats the other 63-56. I'm in the dark here name the quality wins the big xii has?
Long before the Aggies bolted I be felt the SEC was better....think it still is solid in a down year with how many ranked in top 5, top 10 or top 15. Oh sure you ll tell me rankings mean nothing or something like that. Believe or not I don't think the Big XII is weak it s a different brand of football. I just think the SEC is the best football conference. Now i will give you this if we're talking about basketball I d say the big xii is better even if the SEC probably has more titles in the last few years but top to bottom the big xii is a good hoops conference

msu97
11-20-2012, 01:28 PM
I will give you that...
not only should Pitt had beat Notre Dame but Stanford as wel...
Kansas took Tech to overtime...

sooo did Alabama just have a bad game against ATM? Oregon against Stanford...
kentucky, auburn, ole miss, tennessee, arkansas against everyone...

and for the Missouri arguement, Franklin has been hurt just about all year and their top running back, Henry Josey(angleton Alum), has not played all year... Missouri's problem has always been depth...

NastySlot
11-20-2012, 01:31 PM

great football teams there.
Looking at your examples the Sun Belt might be the best conference if I remember Baylor slipped by Monroe and K State and UNT was a close one also

NastySlot
11-20-2012, 01:35 PM
I will give you that...

and for the Missouri arguement, Franklin has been hurt just about all year and their top running back, Henry Josey(angleton Alum), has not played all year... Missouri's problem has always been depth...
Ole Miss is going to be dangerous......TO s a big probably. I think Freeze has done a very good job with keep them competitve. A bowl game would really help them with the extra time

Saggy Aggie
11-20-2012, 02:45 PM
I will give you that...

Exactly... Tech sucks too.

And yes, bama played a bad game. A&M played a good game. I'll still say despite A&M winning that bama is the best team in the country. Took an A+ game from A&M to squeak out a victory. Bama is that good.

Old Tiger
11-20-2012, 04:01 PM
Anomolies. Every team has bad games.

Remember when Texas lost to WVU.. yeah.. they've now lost 5 in a row now. Remember when Kansas played with Texas? Great football team right there.

Remember when pittsburgh took ND to 3 OT, remember when purdue shouldve beat nd, remember when BYU shouldve beat nd.... We can all play this game...Look at the 5 teams that WVU lost to though

Texas Tech, Kansas State, TCU(in OT), Oklahoma State, and Oklahoma.

NastySlot
11-20-2012, 04:42 PM
Look at the 5 teams that WVU lost to though

Tech no good (think the W Va. win was the last time anyone saw the Tech D) ...OSU no good (sort of hurts they have lost so many Q's)..... TCU (nice job by the new Q) ok ...K state good, OU good. so outside of OU and this season K- State the Big East champ can't beat the middle of the pack Big 12....Nice addition.

who have they beaten in conference I'll go out on limb and say it was more of who did they outscore and survive.

Saggy Aggie
11-20-2012, 05:33 PM
Look at the 5 teams that WVU lost to though

Lol, they lost 5 games in a row but look at who they lost to? Really? None of those teams are even that great haha

Txbroadcaster
11-20-2012, 05:57 PM
Tech no good (think the W Va. win was the last time anyone saw the Tech D) ...OSU no good (sort of hurts they have lost so many Q's)..... TCU (nice job by the new Q) ok ...K state good, OU good. so outside of OU and this season K- State the Big East champ can't beat the middle of the pack Big 12....Nice addition.

who have they beaten in conference I'll go out on limb and say it was more of who did they outscore and survive.

you keep dismissing OSU and I am not sure why..they are 7-3 with two losses being to top 15 schools and in both games OSU was in it late

NastySlot
11-20-2012, 06:13 PM
you keep dismissing OSU and I am not sure why..they are 7-3 with two losses being to top 15 schools and in both games OSU was in it late

I ll keep an on them think they have OU this week.

Saggy Aggie
11-20-2012, 06:32 PM

They got blown out by Arizona and barely beat Kansas....

texanpride1250
11-20-2012, 10:11 PM
K State - Bama*
OU* - Georgia
Texas* - Florida
Oklahoma St - LSU+
Tech - A&M*
TCU - South Carolina+
Iowa St* - Miss St
WVU* - Vandy

I think Miss. St. would beat Iowa St. but other than that I think that looks about right.

texanpride1250
11-20-2012, 10:18 PM
Exactly... Tech sucks too.

And yes, bama played a bad game. A&M played a good game. I'll still say despite A&M winning that bama is the best team in the country. Took an A+ game from A&M to squeak out a victory. Bama is that good.

Tech sucks? You mean the same Tech that has owned the Aggies for the last decade or so?

Txbroadcaster
11-20-2012, 10:24 PM
They got blown out by Arizona and barely beat Kansas....

and? It is not a one or two game season..you look at the totality of their season teams get better and worse as the season progresses

Saggy Aggie
11-20-2012, 10:37 PM
and? It is not a one or two game season..you look at the totality of their season teams get better and worse as the season progresses

Let me re-emphasize that they got BLOWN OUT BY ARIZONA.

OSU = WEAK

Saggy Aggie
11-20-2012, 10:40 PM
Tech sucks? You mean the same Tech that has owned the Aggies for the last decade or so?

Yeah but A&M has won every matchup since I've been in college. I'm not ashamed to say A&M sucked too but things have changed. A&M is now relevant and tech still isn't.

Txbroadcaster
11-20-2012, 10:41 PM
Let me re-emphasize that they got BLOWN OUT BY ARIZONA.

OSU = WEAK

let me re-emphasis..that was week two of the season with a freshman QB..btw they killed a LL team that Florida beat by 7 on a block punt in last minutes of game

Saggy Aggie
11-20-2012, 10:48 PM
let me re-emphasis..that was week two of the season with a freshman QB..btw they killed a LL team that Florida beat by 7 on a block punt in last minutes of game

Yeah Florida laid an egg when Driskell got hurt... Great point? At least they didn't get BLOWN OUT BY ARIZONA.

I can't wait for the big 12 to get exposed. I just hope they actually play some decent teams in the bowl games this year.

Old Tiger
11-21-2012, 09:28 AM
Yeah Florida laid an egg when Driskell got hurt... Great point? At least they didn't get BLOWN OUT BY ARIZONA.

I can't wait for the big 12 to get exposed. I just hope they actually play some decent teams in the bowl games this year.Arizona > Lousiana Lafayette

Saggy Aggie
11-21-2012, 01:05 PM
Arizona > Lousiana Lafayette

Well I guess so considering they stomped a great big 12 school lmao

Phil C
11-27-2012, 11:21 AM
Well I guess so considering they stomped a great big 12 school lmao

Two weeks ago Oklahoma had a shoot out with West Virginia while at the same time Oklahoma State battled it out with Texas Tech. At about the same time Alabama played Western Carolina, Auburn hosted Alabama A&M, Florida had Jackson State and the Aggies hosted Sam Houston State. SEC over rated. :)

msu97
11-27-2012, 11:30 AM

I can't wait for the big 12 to get exposed. I just hope they actually play some decent teams in the bowl games this year.

you mean like teams from the ACC, Big East, Big 10 Conference USA and WAC like the SEC plays in bowls?
what about barely beating La Tech that was beat by Utah State and San Jose State?...
Again, teh SEC has teams at teh top... but after the top 5, the other 9 are horrible... Miss State was beat by Ole Miss... who was throttled by an average UT team... same Ole Miss that had LSU on the ropes... goodness the SEC is average too...
but it is parody... it is good for college football

New Taiton
11-27-2012, 12:30 PM
you mean like teams from the ACC, Big East, Big 10 Conference USA and WAC like the SEC plays in bowls?
what about barely beating La Tech that was beat by Utah State and San Jose State?...
Again, teh SEC has teams at teh top... but after the top 5, the other 9 are horrible... Miss State was beat by Ole Miss... who was throttled by an average UT team... same Ole Miss that had LSU on the ropes... goodness the SEC is average too...

As much as we are all football fans, and, I assume, fairly saavy with regards to the game, it amazes me that you would use the above example as good football theory. You know as well as I know that comparing scores of football games does no good.

True or false: If you play in the Big 12 or the SEC and win every game you play by 1 point, you will be the national champion.

Two weeks ago Oklahoma had a shoot out with West Virginia while at the same time Oklahoma State battled it out with Texas Tech. At about the same time Alabama played Western Carolina, Auburn hosted Alabama A&M, Florida had Jackson State and the Aggies hosted Sam Houston State. SEC over rated.

Since you get to cherry pick games, let me cherry pick the first week of the season:

Kansas/S. Dakota St.
KState/Mo. State
OU/Utep
OSU/Savanah St/
TT/ NW STate

UK/Louisville
USCe/Vandy
Tenn/NC State
UA/Mich
AU/Clemson

hsbtex
11-27-2012, 12:31 PM

The top 6 teams in the SEC are better than anyone in the country. After those top 6 there is a drop off to mediocrity, but you also have to remember that those "second tier " teams have to play some of those top 6. You could see on Saturday when two of those top 6 sec teams played top ten teams outside of the conference...they THUMPED them. .on their home field. Football is cyclical, who knows what next year will bring. But right now the sec is playing on a different level than anyone else.