PDA

View Full Version : Argyle perspective

firstdown
11-17-2012, 04:33 PM
For those that are interested.....

http://argyle.prepsportsystems.com/news_article/show/193724?referrer_id=13852-news

regaleagle
11-17-2012, 04:59 PM
Of course, this article is mainly written for the Argyle Booster Club members and the Eagle fanbase. But the stats are very impressive and so is this year's team....considering the huge amount of seniors that graduated from last season's SC team. I am impressed with the team, and I had reservations about the high preseason ranking for this young team. But they have proven themselves and have improved each week to be the team they are now. Personally, I feel if Argyle wins the Region 2 DII title again, they will end up in Jerryville again in Dec. We will know more about this team after this week. Melissa is a very capable team.

Aggie98
11-18-2012, 12:35 AM
Most likely going to be a 3rd round Argyle/Gilmer matchup... Which should be a terrific game. The Gilmer folks will tell you that they're young and mistake-prone..... Which is true, but they have ridiculous talent. They probably have 10-12 skill players on that team that run legit 4.5/40's or faster. They have 2 RB's that are both 6'2"-200+ lbs and can absolutely fly. Defensively, they are good but will give up the big play occasionally.....Which will probably be their ultimate downfall this post-season. All I can say is if you want to beat Gilmer, you'd better do it this year..... Because they are going to be stupid good the next 2-3 years.

buckeyebob
11-18-2012, 10:07 AM
Most likely going to be a 3rd round Argyle/Gilmer matchup... Which should be a terrific game. The Gilmer folks will tell you that they're young and mistake-prone..... Which is true, but they have ridiculous talent. They probably have 10-12 skill players on that team that run legit 4.5/40's or faster. They have 2 RB's that are both 6'2"-200+ lbs and can absolutely fly. Defensively, they are good but will give up the big play occasionally.....Which will probably be their ultimate downfall this post-season. All I can say is if you want to beat Gilmer, you'd better do it this year..... Because they are going to be stupid good the next 2-3 years.

Thanks for the accolades but they are in the 5.0 range...it's the uniforms...they make you look like you are moving when you stand still. We have to get past Atlanta first and if we & Argyle are luckey, we will get to see'em for the 4th time in as many years. Maybe this year we will get lucky & they will show up for the game a day late.

regaleagle
11-18-2012, 10:11 AM
Or a dollar short??? :taunt: