PDA

View Full Version : SEC is looking strong!

Old Tiger
11-17-2012, 03:22 PM
#9 South Carolina 10
Wofford 7

With just under 12 minutes remaining!

navscanmaster
11-17-2012, 04:18 PM
Sam Houston is playing disciplined defense against A&M, too. Wait till the game is over. Everybody licks their chops against the top SEC teams when they struggle, but walk home with their heads in hand when bowl season is done.

msu97
11-17-2012, 07:30 PM
yeah I know... playing your bowl games against the Big East, ACC and Big 10 shows how dominant you are... that tough 5-5 Ole Miss team... who an average UT team rolled, gave LSU all they could handle... SEC=Overrated

navscanmaster
11-17-2012, 07:43 PM
yeah I know... playing your bowl games against the Big East, ACC and Big 10 shows how dominant you are... that tough 5-5 Ole Miss team... who an average UT team rolled, gave LSU all they could handle... SEC=OverratedYeah. Teams typically don't improve as the season goes on. Unless they are soon to be 5 loss West Virginia.

NastySlot
11-17-2012, 07:52 PM
yeah I know... playing your bowl games against the Big East, ACC and Big 10 shows how dominant you are... that tough 5-5 Ole Miss team... who an average UT team rolled, gave LSU all they could handle... SEC=Overrated
Don t forget the CB match up who do they tie in with there?

NastySlot
11-17-2012, 07:55 PM

Yeah. Teams typically don't improve as the season goes on. Unless they are soon to be 5 loss West Virginia.
Don t forget about tech.....credit were credit is due

Football fan
11-17-2012, 08:28 PM
Ask Missouri how tough it is.

Tejastrue
11-17-2012, 09:15 PM
Wow..look at K-State right now. Go Baylor Bears!!

hookandladder
11-17-2012, 09:42 PM

An OLE Miss team that got donkey stomped by ATM and Texas goes into big bad LSU just about beats them inside their house, I guess OLE MISS is just that good. SEC= Overrated.

Football fan
11-17-2012, 09:44 PM
Similar to district 26?

Sville
11-17-2012, 09:50 PM
Big 12=Overated #1K-State getting it handed to them by 4-5 Baylor.

Football fan
11-17-2012, 09:58 PM

Any updates on k state and last place Baylor?

NastySlot
11-17-2012, 10:00 PM
It s that defense that Baylor is playing. K state wasn't expecting to face a defense

NastySlot
11-17-2012, 10:03 PM
W Va is giving all OU can handle......but wait that's way the this was predicting be played out in the preseason. West Virginia was such a great addition

Papá Oso
11-17-2012, 10:45 PM
It s that defense that Baylor is playing. K state wasn't expecting to face a defense

Why would they, they havent played a good one all year. The avg ranking of D's faced is 70+ in the country.

NastySlot
11-17-2012, 10:57 PM
Why would they, they havent played a good one all year. The avg ranking of D's faced is 70+ in the country.

You do know I was being sarcastic? I was thinking exactly what you wrote.

Football fan
11-17-2012, 11:16 PM
Where did all of the t-shirt Texas fans go?

Old Tiger
11-17-2012, 11:17 PM
Where did all of the t-shirt Texas fans go?????

Saggy Aggie
11-17-2012, 11:38 PM
LOL at this thread. What just happened to the big 12 and PAC 12 being good theories?

Football fan
11-17-2012, 11:39 PM
Maybe the SEC can get 1-7 in the top 10.

Football fan
11-18-2012, 03:34 AM
This is really funny now that the SEC is about to win another NC.

Still wondering where all the Big XII fans have gone.

Txbroadcaster
11-18-2012, 04:28 AM
LOL at this thread. What just happened to the big 12 and PAC 12 being good theories?

If a mid level SEC teams beat a top SEC team all SEC fans say this shows how awesome the SEC is...if a mid level Big 12 or Pac 12 team beats a top level one SEC fans say see how weak..why is it different? Same result...just shows ALL TOP teams can be beat on any given week

1st and goal
11-18-2012, 08:28 AM
If a mid level SEC teams beat a top SEC team all SEC fans say this shows how awesome the SEC is...if a mid level Big 12 or Pac 12 team beats a top level one SEC fans say see how weak..why is it different? Same result...just shows ALL TOP teams can be beat on any given week

Your blinders would have you believing A&M is a mid level team this year. Why don't you just state exactly what you mean?

Old Tiger
11-18-2012, 08:30 AM
Your blinders would have you believing A&M is a mid level team this year. Why don't you just state exactly what you mean?

He means what he said...he did not mention A&M.

OldNavy
11-18-2012, 08:47 AM
He means what he said...he did not mention A&M.

I don't have a dog in this hunt, but if he is not talking about TA&M, being a mid level SEC team beating a top SEC team, which team beating a top SEC team is he talking about?:confused:

hookandladder
11-18-2012, 09:24 AM
ATM beats Alabama and a week later Alabama get's back in position to play for the NC, Roll Tide. ATM getting treated like any other team that is not in the SEC, no love.Hey but ATM is having a great year , amzing what a good coach and one player can do for a team.

1st and goal
11-18-2012, 10:16 AM
And Baylor was not considered a "mid level" team by their record...until yesterday. GO BEARS.

Phil C
11-18-2012, 10:21 AM
Unfortunately Baylor and Stanford have probably given the SEC another NC because of the system but it shows we need a real playoff system ASAP. I am not sure Notre Dame will win out against UCS but if they do even though I am not an NC fan I hope they can beat SEC team for the ND but I don't think they can.

regaleagle
11-18-2012, 11:53 AM
OK, here it is. Alabama experiences a "late season loss" to the Ags, and immediately that is discounted a week later. The powers that be in college football have all their money invested in the SEC, as do the major networks. Whatever happened to late season losses being a detriment for climbing back atop the polls??? It works against every team except an SEC team, huh? Something's rotten in the state of college football is all I gotta say. It's too obvious, and the bandwagon money rules. Do you readers know what I'm getting at here? This is an unjust system is there ever was one, and it's not getting any better as the world turns.

OldBison75
11-18-2012, 12:11 PM
And regaleagle is exactly correct. Before the BCS a late season loss like Alabama had would drop them from the NC game. They could overcome an early season loss but this late in the season would kill them. Move forward one week and Oregon loses to a pretty good Stanford team and will drop completely from consideration. The same can be said about Kansas State except they suffer more for losing to lowly Baylor late in the season. Why does Alabama get a second chance and none of the others? I am not even arguing about overall strength of the conferences.

NastySlot
11-18-2012, 12:11 PM
OK, here it is. Alabama experiences a "late season loss" to the Ags, and immediately that is discounted a week later. The powers that be in college football have all their money invested in the SEC, as do the major networks. Whatever happened to late season losses being a detriment for climbing back atop the polls??? It works against every team except an SEC team, huh? Something's rotten in the state of college football is all I gotta say. It's too obvious, and the bandwagon money rules. Do you readers know what I'm getting at here? This is an unjust system is there ever was one, and it's not getting any better as the world turns.
Just curious who are the powers to be? IMO never should of got a way from the conference champs playing in the Jan 1 bowls and voters picked based on the last possible eye test. BCS has been a joke for years not just cause SEC dominance. It s a joke that's had coaches begging in press conferences, a two loss national title winner and than the situation in which I lost interst in the process OU gets drilled by K state in the conference championship and plays for a national title.

Saggy Aggie
11-18-2012, 12:47 PM

Wait, are you really trying to say BAYLOR is a mid level big 12 team?

The difference in the situations is this: KSU got BLOWN OUT BY BAYLOR. Thats quite a bit different than losing by 5 to the then #15 ranked team.