PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer & Atlanta

buckeyebob
11-17-2012, 10:16 AM
Friday night...Trinity Mother Francis in Tyler...7:30

2nd meeting of the year, same time, same stadium, 1st game of the year...31-17...I would say probably the same...Black Flag Defense (for you Kilgore bunch that bad-mouthed 'em and said we needed a new name - they will now be known as Fabulous Black Flag Defense) will step-up.

Aesculus gilmus
11-17-2012, 12:47 PM
Friday night...Trinity Mother Francis in Tyler...7:30

2nd meeting of the year, same time, same stadium, 1st game of the year...31-17...I would say probably the same...Black Flag Defense (for you Kilgore bunch that bad-mouthed 'em and said we needed a new name - they will now be known as Fabulous Black Flag Defense) will step-up.

I would like to know more about last night's game. Has Atlanta gotten that much better than they were in August or was Wills Point just a totally hapless opponent? Wills Point used to be pretty good. The Tigers beat Gilmer in a non-district game in Wills Point 10 years ago.

SHSBulldog00
11-17-2012, 02:02 PM
From Coach Traylor

Gilmer (10-1) vs. Atlanta (5-6), 6pm Friday, Rose Stadium, Tyler

buckeyebob
11-17-2012, 03:25 PM
You are correct...6PM is it & we are home team.

buckeyebob
11-17-2012, 03:40 PM
I would like to know more about last night's game. Has Atlanta gotten that much better than they were in August or was Wills Point just a totally hapless opponent? Wills Point used to be pretty good. The Tigers beat Gilmer in a non-district game in Wills Point 10 years ago.

We sat on the WP side...they were just pitiful. QB was a real one...Soph., kept his cool despite being pounded on all night, his dad said he would get a couple of weeks off then move on to pitching camp...if he can find some big boys that can block, they will be a threat. They have a decent following but they were ready to lace up the high tops...they were as far as they could go. Good show WP.

Now to do what they were not able to do. I thought the Bux did a great job...started the turnstyle...mistakes were made...that is what happens when you put young testosterone bombs in uniform...great learning lesson...they see what happens when you make one and the other guy takes advantage of your screwup (Rabbits made several aginst WP)...the Bux will be ready...Traylor & Co. will see to it...the Rabbits know who we are for sure...they will be the Buckeyes & hand the Rabbits a "L"...38-18...unless Atlanta freaks out & lays down, then who knows...total domination & practicing on-side kicking in the second half.

icu812
11-17-2012, 05:39 PM
Wills Point was beaten badly by Canton as well. I think Gilmer wins based on the strength of their offense not their D.

buckeyebob
11-18-2012, 10:15 AM
Wills Point was beaten badly by Canton as well. I think Gilmer wins based on the strength of their offense not their D.

Actually, the "D" pulls a rabbit out of their hat on a regular basis (ask Kilgore)...they are young and subject to irrational behavoire...perhaps they will this week...the Rabbits seem to think they got the horses this year to put the Buckeyes on the "L" side...I will admit, they do have some people that can run the ball. We do everything we can to give 'em a chance...twice this & last year.

Aesculus gilmus
11-18-2012, 03:04 PM
John Tyler has reclaimed their stadium for Friday night. Friend of mine just got a text from our coach.

So Gilmer will now have to move to Lobo Stadium to play Atlanta. Same time and date: Friday, Nov. 23 at 6 p.m.

buckeyebob
11-19-2012, 02:34 PM
Less driving...we stil Home Side?

Aesculus gilmus
11-19-2012, 05:08 PM
Less driving...we stil Home Side?

Yes.

waterboy
11-19-2012, 05:42 PM
This will be the first time since '04 that the Buckeyes have been the home team at Lobo Stadium. If I remember correctly, the last time we were the home team was against Spring Hill during our '04 state chempionship run. We've played a bunch of playoff games there since then, and even a regular season game this year, but we've been the visitors since that game. It'll definitely be different being on the home side where all the seats are chair backs, and the concession stand and bathrooms are not a mile away.

buckeyebob
11-19-2012, 06:55 PM
This will be the first time since '04 that the Buckeyes have been the home team at Lobo Stadium. If I remember correctly, the last time we were the home team was against Spring Hill during our '04 state chempionship run. We've played a bunch of playoff games there since then, and even a regular season game this year, but we've been the visitors since that game. It'll definitely be different being on the home side where all the seats are chair backs, and the concession stand and bathrooms are not a mile away.

It takes an empty chair on each side for this fat boy...too close together...good snack bar...restrooms cleverly hidden.