PDA

View Full Version : Stephenville (9-1) Vs. Kennedale (9-2)

Ville-D
11-17-2012, 02:05 AM
Go..

83Indian
11-17-2012, 02:15 AM
This will be ugly. Wing T vs, the spread of the Ville. Kennedale, unless you can throw the ball, this is probably a blow out. Ville by 28

Sville
11-17-2012, 02:24 AM
It is going to take a balanced team with a mobile QB to beat us. I seriously doubt anyone is going to hold us under 30 points barring a bad weather game. So someone is going to have to out score us. We will eat the wing-T up like we have all year.

83Indian
11-17-2012, 02:29 AM
It is going to take a balanced team with a mobile QB to beat us. I seriously doubt anyone is going to hold us under 30 points barring a bad weather game. So someone is going to have to out score us. We will eat the wing-T up like we have all year.

Stop the misdirection offense of Kennedale and this is real ugly. No, they will not hold you to 30 points

Can you say ASSWOOPIN?

Kennedale has 0% chance. Mark that down. They are a basketball school just playing football. There is a reason they don't throw the ball. It's called talent and poor coaching. This will be ugly. Stephenville can stop the run. The only team who has a chance will have to be very balanced.

vtskneb
11-17-2012, 08:54 AM
I am a little worried about this game and have a funny feeling it will be close. Hope it is just indigestion.

GrTigers6
11-17-2012, 09:01 AM
Stephenville should win this game but I believe Kennedale is good enough on offense to make it an offensive shootout. They have the speed to break long running plays or throw a short screen and take it to the house. But I dont believe they have the D to stop the Ville.

Tin Cup
11-17-2012, 09:01 AM
What team(s) has Sville played that run this offense this year?

I hate these teams if you can't stop them and love them when you can.

Emerson1
11-17-2012, 09:17 AM
When/where?

vtskneb
11-17-2012, 09:51 AM
Mineral Wells 2pm this Friday.

Txbroadcaster
11-17-2012, 09:58 AM
Can you say ASSWOOPIN?

Kennedale has 0% chance. Mark that down. They are a basketball school just playing football. There is a reason they don't throw the ball. It's called talent and poor coaching. This will be ugly. Stephenville can stop the run. The only team who has a chance will have to be very balanced.

Kennedale is not poorly coached by any stretch

bleedgreen
11-17-2012, 10:01 AM

Thanks.....Matthew, how does this game play out?

jason
11-17-2012, 10:02 AM
Stephenville should win this game but I believe Kennedale is good enough on offense to make it an offensive shootout. They have the speed to break long running plays or throw a short screen and take it to the house. But I dont believe they have the D to stop the Ville.

if they have the ability to break short passes for long runs, they haven't shown it - they have over 3,000 yards of offense and under 200 of that is passing.

stephenville hasplayed against the wing-t twice this year - once vs 4A amarillo high and the other was against lavega maybe? i can't quite remember who the second was, but it wasn't monterrey tech so they won the game handily...

Same thing is going to happen that happened to Everman.

toddg
11-17-2012, 10:37 AM

I concur!

bp80884
11-17-2012, 11:14 AM
if they have the ability to break short passes for long runs, they haven't shown it - they have over 3,000 yards of offense and under 200 of that is passing.

stephenville hasplayed against the wing-t twice this year - once vs 4A amarillo high and the other was against lavega maybe? i can't quite remember who the second was, but it wasn't monterrey tech so they won the game handily...

Wasn't La Vega.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

texas_wildcat
11-17-2012, 11:24 AM
This is going to be a better game then people is saying. i think Kennedale will win in a close game by 10

Sville
11-17-2012, 12:37 PM
We have seen 2 true wing-t teams Amarillo and Venus, and two more run based teams in La Vega and Alvarado.

Tin Cup
11-17-2012, 12:48 PM
Sville 42-21

Bullaholic
11-17-2012, 01:03 PM
Kennedale historically runs the ball well, and I think they will gain more yards on the Jacket "D" than many think. I don't think they will win, but Stevenville will know they are in a game.

firstdown
11-17-2012, 01:04 PM
Kennedale is one dimensional on offense if you load the box and play run they are done. On defense they have two great LB's get them blocked and you can have your way. If the 'ville is for real they will win this by as many as they want. If it's a close game they are gonna have real problems in the near future.

texas_wildcat
11-17-2012, 01:06 PM
who is the home team and who is the away team?

J2M2SR
11-17-2012, 02:05 PM
This is going to be a better game then people is saying. i think Kennedale will win in a close game by 10

Nice to dream.....

J2M2SR
11-17-2012, 02:07 PM

We had a bad weather game....against the wing T and a ranked 4a opponent..... And won....handily

texas_wildcat
11-17-2012, 02:27 PM
we had a bad weather game....against the wing t and a ranked 4a opponent..... And won....handily

and who was that?

mwrams
11-17-2012, 02:28 PM
We had a bad weather game....against the wing T and a ranked 4a opponent..... And won....handily

I need to get a ticket. I live only about a mile from the Stad

ium.

vtskneb
11-17-2012, 03:32 PM
and who was that?

Amarillo High

texas_wildcat
11-17-2012, 05:09 PM
how they do this year and what was yalls score
and who is the home team

Ville-D
11-17-2012, 05:18 PM
and who is the home team

We beat Amarillo 35-14
They are still going in 4A-D1
They are 9-2 on the year with losses to Rider and Stephenville

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/amarillo-sandies-%28amarillo,tx%29/football/schedule.htm

vtskneb
11-17-2012, 06:02 PM
and who is the home team

Google.com

Kennedale played a pretty easy schedule this year. They lost to Legacy and Argyle. The rest of the teams were Fort Worth schools and Mineral Wells kinda teams. (Burk) 1st round playoffs.
Going to be ugly for them and they have 0% chance to win this game. This is just my thought but would be willing to take any offers on the side.

regaleagle
11-18-2012, 12:15 PM
I hate to make this comparison, but I'm not certain Stephenville's defense is as good as Argyle's. Argyle pretty much shut down the Kennedale rushing attack, as they have just about every other team's offense, save Wylie in the first game of the season. With that said, I still think the Yellowjackets D will be able to minimize the stout running game of Kennedale. Now, you have to understand that Kennedale did play Argyle early in Week 3 I believe. Since that game, they have reeled off lots of wins and I'm certain their defense and offense is quite a bit more improved. Yes, their schedule was not that stout, but they did win easily against those teams. What else can you ask vs. the schedule, esp. as the season has progressed? Nothing really. I'm sure the Wildcat coaches will have viewed film and scouted for this game against the Yellowjackets, so you can bet they have some things in mind they feel will work against Stephenville. Same for the coaching staff of Stephenville. I'm interested to see if Kennedale can gash the Yellowjackets for scores, and make that gameclock work in their favor. This should be an interesting matchup. And what kind of improvements has Kennedale made defensively against the pass? We know Stephenville's qb is very talented. I fully expect Stephenville to win this game....the question is can Kennedale keep it close and have a chance to win it late? They must control the ball to do that, IMO.....play keep away. And SCORE after long possessions. If this doesn't happen, Stephenville wins with ease.

hollywood
11-18-2012, 12:38 PM
I hate to make this comparison, but I'm not certain Stephenville's defense is as good as Argyle's. Argyle pretty much shut down the Kennedale rushing attack, as they have just about every other team's offense, save Wylie in the first game of the season. With that said, I still think the Yellowjackets D will be able to minimize the stout running game of Kennedale. Now, you have to understand that Kennedale did play Argyle early in Week 3 I believe. Since that game, they have reeled off lots of wins and I'm certain their defense and offense is quite a bit more improved. Yes, their schedule was not that stout, but they did win easily against those teams. What else can you ask vs. the schedule, esp. as the season has progressed? Nothing really. I'm sure the Wildcat coaches will have viewed film and scouted for this game against the Yellowjackets, so you can bet they have some things in mind they feel will work against Stephenville. Same for the coaching staff of Stephenville. I'm interested to see if Kennedale can gash the Yellowjackets for scores, and make that gameclock work in their favor. This should be an interesting matchup. And what kind of improvements has Kennedale made defensively against the pass? We know Stephenville's qb is very talented. I fully expect Stephenville to win this game....the question is can Kennedale keep it close and have a chance to win it late? They must control the ball to do that, IMO.....play keep away. And SCORE after long possessions. If this doesn't happen, Stephenville wins with ease.

Argyle has the best defense in the state of Texas we know. :clap:

:rolleyes:

regaleagle
11-18-2012, 12:41 PM
Argyle has the best defense in the state of Texas we know. :clap:

Let's just say Argyle has a very good defense and leave it at that. I'm trying to compare what Kennedale did against us early vs. what they may be able to do now against Stephenville....knowing both teams have a good defense, but that Kennedale is an improved team now.

hollywood
11-18-2012, 12:46 PM
Let's just say Argyle has a very good defense and leave it at that.

Lol, I'm sure they do. But you always, maybe not always, but mostly start your posts with how good Argyle is. Expand your view a little, go watch some other games and become more familiar with other teams and what they offer rather than just read about them and compare scores to support your analysis. It's that simple. Argyle is good and has a great program. But there's a LOT of other team that do as we'll. ;)

Sville
11-18-2012, 12:55 PM
I would like to know how many football games regaleagle has actually watched this year.

regaleagle
11-18-2012, 12:59 PM
Hear me out, Brother Hollywood. Read my lips...errr posts........STEPHENVILLE IS NOT UNBEATABLE!!!! Just because the Yellowjackets field very good teams year in and year out does not mean there are not other teams at the 3A level that cannot challenge them on a game-to-game basis. Yes, overall their record speaks for itself over time, but we are not talking about that here. We are talking about this Kennedale matchup right now. And next week if there is one, and the following week, etc. In other words, I'm not buying what you Stephenville posters are selling, end of story.

:crazy: :taunt: :stirpot:

mick5302
11-18-2012, 12:59 PM
I think what Argyle has forgotten is that Kennedale had 400 yards of offense against them, and was held to only 260 yards. At that point
in the season, Kennedale was still letting backups play on speciall teams, that is what cost them the game. Argyle scored on a kick of f return of 80 yards (80 of their 260). Scored on a fumbled PAT, and a fumbled field goal, 21 easy points. Kennedale has their regular long snapper now, and starters on special teams. The score in that game is a little deceiving. Kennedales running attack is dominate. Kennedales 3rd LB #9, is actually leading in defense, so covering all three is a big task, ( all 3 LBs are going Div I next year). I'm not saying Kennedale will win, but taking them lightly is a BIG mistake. To those saying Kennedale is poorly coached is just showing they really have no business commenting on this thread.

hollywood
11-18-2012, 01:12 PM
We now see where regaleagles motive lies. Lol

Btw, I didn't mention once that Stephenville is unbeatable, did I? Ok, I didn't think so. lol

regaleagle
11-18-2012, 01:15 PM
Hey, I agree with you mick5302. Kennedale is a much better team than played against us in Week 3, IMO. The team NOW is what counts, not what happened in Week 3. You make some valid points. I still say that the Wildcat defense needs to be able to defend better against the pass and eat clock with long possessions...scoring posssessions....in order to win this game, though. I look for an interesting game here. I really don't know how the Yellowjacket D will perform against the Kennedale O at this juncture in the season. All I know is Kennedale does well with what they do. BTW, Argyle is a much improved team since Week 3 also.

:thumbsup:

Sville
11-18-2012, 01:19 PM
Hear me out, Brother Hollywood. Read my lips...errr posts........STEPHENVILLE IS NOT UNBEATABLE!!!! Just because the Yellowjackets field very good teams year in and year out does not mean there are not other teams at the 3A level that cannot challenge them on a game-to-game basis. Yes, overall their record speaks for itself over time, but we are not talking about that here. We are talking about this Kennedale matchup right now. And next week if there is one, and the following week, etc. In other words, I'm not buying what you Stephenville posters are selling, end of story.

:crazy: :taunt: :stirpot:

Thanks for that observation Captain Obvious. Where did hollywood or any other Sville poster for that matter say we are unbeatable? We just think we have the best team in 3A THIS year, and it is going to take a tremendous effort by a very good team to knock us out if that happens. To be perfectly honest the best team doesn't always win but most of the time they do, (there's my Yogi Berra comment).

And to others I agree that Ville's coaching comment was pretty dumb. Kennedal is a very solid well coached team but they are too one dimensional to beat Stephenville IMO. They have a very good LB core, but they will be spread out and have to cover with Sville's style of play.

regaleagle
11-18-2012, 01:22 PM

Btw, I didn't mention once that Stephenville is unbeatable, did I? Ok, I didn't think so. lol

Nor did I say that you did. As far as motives are concerned, the only motivation here is to make for interesting reading, LOL. A little smack-e-do, if you will, haha. What would this board be without a little playoff plethora mixed in, huh? Since Argyle won't be able to play the Yellowjackets this season, or maybe even next year either, this is the only recourse left for me, LOL. Shucks, Golly, Heck. What can a rabid fan do?

regaleagle
11-18-2012, 01:23 PM

Nor did I say that you did. As far as motives are concerned, the only motivation here is to make for interesting reading, LOL. A little smack-e-do, if you will, haha. What would this board be without a little playoff plethora mixed in, huh? Since Argyle won't be able to play the Yellowjackets this season, or maybe even next year either, this is the only recourse left for me, LOL. Shucks, Golly, Heck. What can a rabid fan do?

Sorry for the double post. But hey, you get to read it twice now, LOL.

mick5302
11-18-2012, 01:27 PM
reagleagle, just confused about your comment of shutting down Kennedale's running offense, I wouldn't call 400 yards shutting down anything. Both teams are no doubt improved, good luck the rest if the way.

ccmom
11-18-2012, 01:29 PM
I would like to know how many football games regaleagle has actually watched this year.

Valid question...

regaleagle
11-18-2012, 01:42 PM
I suspect you mean "how many 3A high school games that I am commenting on", right? Does that mean in person, or on tape? And does that mean with or without knowledge base, both current and past? And does that really mean anything since some fans go to games but don't see what I can see or read about and garner more information from than some? It's not my wish not to attend as many games as perhaps some of you other armchairs do....but alas, I am gulity this season of not being at as many games as past seasons, so go ahead and crucify me now. I hope it makes your day, and you feel much superior for it. One of these days I will not be able to comment on this board, and you will be searching for another regaleagle to throw darts at. So enjoy your dartboard while you have it....I'm all corked for it.

Ville-D
11-18-2012, 02:10 PM
Valid question...

Zero?

Sville
11-18-2012, 02:15 PM

You want some cheese with that wine? I find it humorous because some one questions the basis of your football opinion you get all defensive. I find it ironic you mention armchair fan because that is exactly what I think you are sir.

regaleagle
11-18-2012, 02:27 PM
What others think I have no control over. And no, I have attended quite a few games this season....just last nite was at the Yoakum/Wharton game and met YT. NO, I'm just not in North Texas right now, so I haven't been able to go to some of the area games I normally would. And I'm not a drinker, btw. I do have a football appetite though. Cheese doesn't usually satisfy it. Anything else, compadre? If you were on board last season, you would know more.

Sville
11-18-2012, 02:34 PM
I am the longest serving Stephenville fan on this site amigo, even longer than you, so that dog won't hunt.

regaleagle
11-18-2012, 02:37 PM
So you don't think you would know more had you been on board here last season, or what??? Congrats for being an old dawg with the Stephenville Yellowjackets. I already knew from reading your board that you were a main man there. So my dog does do a little hunting after all, LOL.

ccmom
11-18-2012, 02:46 PM
So you don't think you would know more had you been on board here last season, or what??? Congrats for being an old dawg with the Stephenville Yellowjackets. I already knew from reading your board that you were a main man there. So my dog does do a little hunting after all, LOL.

What does that even mean? You are the one said he wasn't on the board last season, but he's been posting here 3 years longer than you have. Not that posting here=football knowledge (since I post here :)), but you brought it up. I'm confused!!! :confused:

mick5302
11-18-2012, 03:26 PM
Did this thread become a bash reagleagle thread?

DocHoliday
11-18-2012, 06:34 PM
Stephenville will win this game. They can put four very stout defensive linemen in the game and cause problems for the wing-t. Number 25 is a beast, the other end number 35 is pretty solid. The kid who caught my eye and makes a ton of plays at the line of scrimmage is their safety number 13. I would say their lb's are slightly above average. Offensively not too many teams can put what the jackets put on the field. Weapons everywhere, the only weakness is the ol's ability to move well. Qb is very mobile and rb is a tough kid, the receivers are top notch. It will take a great defense to stop them.

jason
11-18-2012, 06:58 PM
Stephenville will win this game. They can put four very stout defensive linemen in the game and cause problems for the wing-t. Number 25 is a beast, the other end number 35 is pretty solid. The kid who caught my eye and makes a ton of plays at the line of scrimmage is their safety number 13. I would say their lb's are slightly above average. Offensively not too many teams can put what the jackets put on the field. Weapons everywhere, the only weakness is the ol's ability to move well. Qb is very mobile and rb is a tough kid, the receivers are top notch. It will take a great defense to stop them.
#13 was all state as a DB in 4A last year. he is a junior this year.

regaleagle
11-18-2012, 07:09 PM
What does that even mean? You are the one said he wasn't on the board last season, but he's been posting here 3 years longer than you have. Not that posting here=football knowledge (since I post here :)), but you brought it up. I'm confused!!! :confused:

Sorry I've confused some of the posters here...it was not intentional. Just like posting a few comments based on my personal opinion wasn't meant as an attack on anyone here personally. I'm not confused at all, I see as clearly as I always have, perhaps more clearly now than before.

Thanks for that observation Captain Obvious. Where did hollywood or any other Sville poster for that matter say we are unbeatable? We just think we have the best team in 3A THIS year, and it is going to take a tremendous effort by a very good team to knock us out if that happens. To be perfectly honest the best team doesn't always win but most of the time they do, (there's my Yogi Berra comment).

And to others I agree that Ville's coaching comment was pretty dumb. Kennedal is a very solid well coached team but they are too one dimensional to beat Stephenville IMO. They have a very good LB core, but they will be spread out and have to cover with Sville's style of play.

The coaching comment was not what I meant to say. I meant to say the style of play they coach. Sorry I didnt make myself clear I have respect for most coaches and admire them for what they do with our youth.

Stephenville @ Kennedale

Stephenville @ Kennedale Matchup Preview

Stephenville Kennedale
51 Score Prediction 28
0.871 Win Probability 0.129

Predictions
Statistic Mean Std Dev
Stephenville Margin 23.2 20.5
Stephenville P(W) 0.871 ---
Kennedale Margin -23.2 20.5
Kennedale P(W) 0.129 ---
Total Points 79.5 21.8

Ville-D
11-18-2012, 08:00 PM
I love how each and every week (except for a couple...) the consensus from the "Haters" each week is that Stephenville will go down "this" week.

It started with Aleda, BO was going to beat us up... we could not beat a heavy run team (Amarilla) in the rain... LV was going to show us what real 3a football was... GR had a point to prove... Alvarillo was a defending state qualifier... We were going to overlook Burnet.

It is fun to hear each week. I'm sure that even if we win it all it will be because "Team X" had several key injuries or some other excuse.

Keep on hating!

I Believe That We Will Win!

:taunt:

OldBison75
11-18-2012, 08:01 PM
Ville, can you post those same prediction numbers for the LaVega vs Taylor game last week. I believe the spread was about the same, but, we all know that those number assume that the kids play robotically every week exactly the same. Or maybe LaVega did not get the memo that they were a shoo-in to win.

Sville
11-18-2012, 08:13 PM
That is why they are called probabilities and not certainties.

OldBison75
11-18-2012, 08:15 PM
I am sorry about that catty comment ville, I just find it funny I got blasted for posting Navasota stats by Stephenville people and now numbers and probabilities are being used to tout them.

Tin Cup
11-18-2012, 08:18 PM
A team as good as stephenville can blow out a one dimensional team like kennedale. I see it either closer than a TD or ville winning by more than 21. Nothing in between.

lostaussie
11-18-2012, 08:26 PM
Can you say ASSWOOPIN?

Kennedale has 0% chance. Mark that down. They are a basketball school just playing football. There is a reason they don't throw the ball. It's called talent and poor coaching. This will be ugly. Stephenville can stop the run. The only team who has a chance will have to be very balanced.those kind of things sting on this board when you are wrong. Just saying

vtskneb
11-18-2012, 08:32 PM
I am sorry about that catty comment ville, I just find it funny I got blasted for posting Navasota stats by Stephenville people and now numbers and probabilities are being used to tout them.

You were touting stats against very poor competition, not that there is anything wrong with that. No one from the Ville was propping up La Vega. That was this site doing as much. Funny you always have more fingers pointing back at you when you point one at someone else.

You Navasota folks remind me of the smack Rider use to throw around. Big hat no regional trophy to back it up.

OldBison75
11-18-2012, 09:16 PM
Yeah, you are right, we faced inferior competition. Only seven of our opponents made the playoffs this year and four of them are still playing. And, if my original post would have been meant for you I would have called you out. I did not run down your team and have not all year. You see, I recognize that the Ville has a top team. I am still not convinced they are the best in 3A, but I certainly think they are in the top three. And, I will also say that you have never seen me say Navasota was unbeatable because I recognize that on any given night you can be beat.

Good luck Jackets. I will refrain from asking any questions on any thread about a Stephenville game for the rest of the year since only the Stephenville posters have all the answers.

OldBison75
11-18-2012, 09:18 PM
Oh, by the way, we do have an Regional trophy and a semi-final win in our history. Lost the championship to Southlake Carroll that year.

those kind of things sting on this board when you are wrong. Just saying

I agree
things can get emotional and it is understandable. If everyone takes everything I say to hart it will be a long ride.
I do think the coaching is outdated and won't work against the ELITE balanced teams. Ville will dominate Kennedale and it won't be close if things go the way we think. That's my gut feeling and I know anything can happen. I hope this clears it up.

SIDE NOTE: when I lived outside Stephenville I wasn't a fan of the people's attitude or the teams. The cocky attitude is a bit much until you become one of them and discover it's deep rooted pride. Once you see the passion and the love for Friday nights. The team with all its history it becomes clear what the fuss was all about.:)

VILLE UP!!!
Oh and the loud cans and propane bottles make for one long night if your on the loosing side.

Ville, can you post those same prediction numbers for the LaVega vs Taylor game last week. I believe the spread was about the same, but, we all know that those number assume that the kids play robotically every week exactly the same. Or maybe LaVega did not get the memo that they were a shoo-in to win.

It's just something to look at.

lostaussie
11-18-2012, 09:35 PM
I agree
things can get emotional and it is understandable. If everyone takes everything I say to hart it will be a long ride.
I do think the coaching is outdated and won't work against the ELITE balanced teams. Ville will dominate Kennedale and it won't be close if things go the way we think. That's my gut feeling and I know anything can happen. I hope this clears it up.

SIDE NOTE: when I lived outside Stephenville I wasn't a fan of the people's attitude or the teams. The cocky attitude is a bit much until you become one of them and discover it's deep rooted pride. Once you see the passion and the love for Friday nights. The team with all its history it becomes clear what the fuss was all about.:)

VILLE UP!!!
Oh and the loud cans and propane bottles make for one long night if your on the loosing side.fully understand. No need to explain enthusiasm. Just saying. 2006 Buckeyes ranked #1from 1ST day of January till end of 1ST round:D. They don't forget around here!
_

Ville-D
11-18-2012, 09:35 PM

Were you talking to me? The "Reply with Quote" option sure would clarify things.

If you were talking to me then:

Thanks for pointing that out.

1. We are Stephenville
2. We are not Brownwood (See #1)
3. We are not La Vega (See #1)
4. We are not "Drop Down Team X" (See #1)

The comparisons are getting a little redundant. The comparisons are getting a little redundant. The comparisons are getting a little redundant.

I believe that we will win.

Ville-D
11-18-2012, 09:37 PM
And, if my original post would have been meant for you I would have called you out.

That's just it. No one know who you are talking to. :dispntd:

It is obvious that you have a hint of narcissism, but please help out a bit.

OldBison75
11-18-2012, 09:58 PM
Ville D, the original post about the projections was in reference to the post directly above mine from ville. The apology was also to Ville.

The reminder of the comments were directed to vtskneb who had to make a smart comment about why our stats meant nothing because they were against inferior competition.

However, the original apology would have ended it except vtsneb had to throw an insult out. Really classy way to take an apology.

Sville
11-18-2012, 10:11 PM
fully understand. No need to explain enthusiasm. Just saying. 2006 Buckeyes ranked #1from 1ST day of January till end of 1ST round:D. They don't forget around here!
_

We've been there too, 2004 with Jevan Snead at QB go 10-0 and lose to a 3 TD underdog WF Rider team in the first round.

Hat42
11-18-2012, 10:23 PM
We've been there too, 2004 with Jevan Snead at QB go 10-0 and lose to a 3 TD underdog WF Rider team in the first round.

I like Coach Barrett at kennedale but the Jackets win here and win out to take state

toddg
11-18-2012, 10:28 PM
Oh, by the way, we do have an Regional trophy and a semi-final win in our history. Lost the championship to Southlake Carroll that year.

i was at that game.

defense51
11-18-2012, 10:31 PM
Whether Stephenville stops the Kennedale run attack or not, Kennedale will not be able to score as quickly or as consistently as the Jackets will. All the Jackets need are a couple of stops on defense and it's going to be tough for Kennedale to keep up, the LB's will be strung out and spread out all night by the Stephenville offense.

regaleagle
11-18-2012, 11:36 PM

I was at that game and saw a pretty snappy Rider team that nite give Snead alot of trouble. If I remember it correctly, Snead just couldn't hit and threw about 3-4 interceptions.

Sville
11-18-2012, 11:50 PM
I was at that game and saw a pretty snappy Rider team that nite give Snead alot of trouble. If I remember it correctly, Snead just couldn't hit and threw about 3-4 interceptions.

Nope, Jevan had an outstanding game other than one pick 6. He threw for the 2nd most yards in a single game by a Sville QB that night, 453 and had 140+ rushing and accounted for all 6 TDs. The Jacket D couldn't stop anything final score was 63-42. Matter of fact the DC lost his job over that game. Coach Chad Morris promoted current Lake Travis coach Hank Carter as the DC after that.

regaleagle
11-19-2012, 12:21 AM
Ah yes, Chad Morris of Bay City fame, now OC for Clemson. I know it was Rider that nite that beat Snead. I remember it being kinda chilly. Was that game played at CH Collins or Little Elm? Seems like it was somewhere closeby to me.

Sville
11-19-2012, 12:27 AM
I dont remember for sure but it was either Collins or Justin Northwest.

regaleagle
11-19-2012, 12:30 AM
I'm thinking Collins. I don't remember attending a playoff game at Northwest. Besides, Collins was like really new back then, so I wanted to go watch this Snead guy there.

King-Kat
11-19-2012, 12:58 AM
Not a dog in this fight, however, have seen both teams play...One thing for certain, Sville is not faster than Kdale. If (and thats a big if) Kdale does break one, it will be hard for Sville to catch them. Kennedale does the the Wing T but it is a highly modified form and not out of the base formation. They run this particular offense to almost perfection. Now Sville has some great receivers and a slight height advantage over the Kdale dbacks, this would definately be to Svilles advantage. The Sville QB is quite mobile but I would think Kdale would employ a spy on him. Special teams and turnovers will dictate this game along with penalities. I have seen both teams make silly mistakes causing penalities. Both teams must play disciplined. Both teams are in the playoffs every year and have been for years. Sville dropping down from 4A to 3A is a plus for them. Intangibles are about even as well...I say as a middle man this game could and should be to close to call. I think something like 28-27 u-pick-um.......................I think both might worry about Abilene Wylie next week. Good luck to all and Happy Thanksgiving!!

DKfromDUB
11-19-2012, 07:18 AM
I dont remember for sure but it was either Collins or Justin Northwest.

Northwest... and it was chilly

vtskneb
11-19-2012, 08:12 AM
Northwest... and it was chilly

It was Coppell. Played Rider at SLC in 06 and Justin NW in 2007 and 2008.

Guess Navasota is more like Denison posters, just more annoying.

Cam
11-19-2012, 09:20 AM
OK...I thinks it's safe to remove my cup!...Been wearin' it since last Friday morning in anticipation of gettin' kicked in the crotch by Hollywood, Ville, and the likes!...:D.....Man, I just got back last night from one long-ass trip!...You know how hard it is to wear one of them things while drivin'...Shoot, I even showered with it on!....That ain't easy!....But I wasn't takin' no chances!!!.....
..Didn't see or hear a single down of football. Did catch one station going thru Alice....The Coyotes had just beatin' Mercedes....don't even know what classicfication was....think it was 5A football......
Anyways, I've seen the Jackets on tape but not Kennedale. I don't usually make predictions cause I'm usually right and I just bore myself!:crazy1:.....Did hear from a bud this mornin' who went to game that the Ville got themselves a really good senior-led team with a couple of D1 prospects to boot. He thinks they'll be tough to knock out.....It'll be interesting to see how it plays out....ccmom saids she's buyin' me a ticket if a Ville/AW game comes around...or did I hear wrong cc?.......course, Holly said he would too....but I don't trust that sly weasel!....:taunt:

Matthew328
11-19-2012, 09:39 AM
Kennedale early in the season had some injuries, some off field issues etc....so they lost some games they probably should have been more competitve in but this is a dangerous team for Stephenville...they will pose a similar challenge to what LaVega posed simply because speed can make up for a lot of errors...Kennedale has the ability to break one for sure, but they can grind it out a little also...dont' be surprised to see the two stud LBs see time on offense esp in short yardage...

Stephenville's seen many Wing-T teams in the past and from experience with Everman, if you can mix in some semblance of a passing game with the Wing-T you can really hurt the Stephenville D..(ie 4 wins in a row for Everman when they actually could throw it) but if you are too one dimensional, Stephenville will swallow it up...I see Kennedale breaking a couple of big plays but I think their DB's struggle, they are athletic but its hard for them to simulate what Stephenville does...

Stephenville 42 Kennedale 20

LionFan72
11-19-2012, 10:10 AM
I'll have to say the Ville cruizes by at least 21, may be close at the half.

bleedgreen
11-19-2012, 10:51 AM
Thanks Matt, I've always respected your analysis. I would like to interject an intangible on Stephenville. The Jackets have got a huge bulls eye on their back and every team is aiming for it including Kennedale. It goes without saying that the goal of every team is to win it all but when rankings are put out there for all to see, then the goal becomes very difficult with ranking attached. That oblong piece of leather can make peculiar bounces and mess everything up. From now until Stephenville wins the state title or is defeated, they will have that bulls eye on their back and all teams they play are aiming for it. I think the Jackets have a team that can certainly do it but they better stay focused on the GOAL.

bleedgreen
11-19-2012, 10:55 AM
Sorry, I meant to include that if the Jackets go to Jerry Jones Stadium, I'll be there rooting for Region I. Good luck.

garageoffice
11-19-2012, 10:58 AM
I've been watching Kennedale off and on for a long time and this is one of the most talented teams they've ever had. It's unfortunate that they've drawn Stephenville so early in the playoffs after having such a weak district schedule, but I think it will be a good game. I think Stephenville comes out on top, but here are some interesting things to think about.

I don't think anyone, even the Kennedale team and coaches knows how good they are. They have had a weak schedule...the realignment this year really screwed them over. They lost to the only two teams on their schedule that provided any test, but had several starters out because of off-field issues. As another poster pointed out, it's not like they didn't move the ball on Argyle. A couple of mistakes and two key suspect calls early on extended drives and allowed Argyle to get a big lead early and Kennedale couldn't come back.

Interestingly enough, Kennedale can actually throw the ball this year, but chooses not to...I don't know why. When they do, it is extremely effective. Coach Barrett has never allowed them to throw often (except when his son was the quarterback).

Kennedale has speed! SPEED! They have at least three backs that haven't been caught yet this entire season. If they get behind you, nobody catches them. Speed always makes a game interesting. :-)

Like I said, I think Stephenville wins, but I think it will be a good game to watch. I could be wrong, but I'll be there in the stands to see what happens.

hollywood
11-19-2012, 11:08 AM
Thanks Matt, I've always respected your analysis. I would like to interject an intangible on Stephenville. The Jackets have got a huge bulls eye on their back and every team is aiming for it including Kennedale. It goes without saying that the goal of every team is to win it all but when rankings are put out there for all to see, then the goal becomes very difficult with ranking attached. That oblong piece of leather can make peculiar bounces and mess everything up. From now until Stephenville wins the state title or is defeated, they will have that bulls eye on their back and all teams they play are aiming for it. I think the Jackets have a team that can certainly do it but they better stay focused on the GOAL.

With out a doubt. It comes with the territory. Coaches usually do a good job of keeping kids focused, but then again, these are 15-18 year olds. You never know. This group of players Stephenville has this season are very focused and do not have the "big head". They know there are teams as hungry as they are to make it all the way. And they know it takes a great performance each week to advance to the next. No gimmies. It's playoff football. Brownwood proved that the past Friday. That D was determined to give them a chance to win. It was do or die and they gave it all they had. This goes into what both Stephenville and Kennedale will bring to the field this Friday. A lot riding on the line and both will be ready to bring it.

Sville
11-19-2012, 12:16 PM
I love it when people think Sville doesn't have speed. They will see,,,,, and the fastest man on the field this Friday will be in navy and white and that is a fact jack. Kick it to #23 and see what happens, or when he runs one of your backs down from behind, or when #88 gets in the open field and houses it. Kennedale will put about 3 drives together and score in the low 20's. Sville will put up about 35-40. Fortunately we have already had our "Big Head" game in week 0. To be honest if we do bring home #5 I believe Prepa Tec should get an assist.

toddg
11-19-2012, 12:24 PM
I love it when people think Sville doesn't have speed. They will see,,,,, and the fastest man on the field this Friday will be in navy and white and that is a fact jack. Kick it to #23 and see what happens, or when he runs one of your backs down from behind, or when #88 gets in the open field and houses it. Kennedale will put about 3 drives together and score in the low 20's. Sville will put up about 35-40. Fortunately we have already had our "Big Head" game in week 0. To be honest if we do bring home #5 I believe Prepa Tec should get an assist.

nah..!! screw Prepa Tec...if #5 happens..those boys earned it!!

mick5302
11-19-2012, 12:41 PM
Kennedale has speed all over the field, not just a couple guys. Fastest d-line, best LBs Ive seen in person or on tape. RB is the fastest hands down with great vision. In the Alvarado scrimmage they had no answer for him, and Argyle struggled with him too. He will break a for a some long runs count on it. If Kdale plays well, this will be a good one.

hollywood
11-19-2012, 01:01 PM
Kennedale has great speed. Stephenville is used to playing great speed. Nothing new.

Cam
11-19-2012, 01:16 PM
Dang....I'm tryin' to chime in on all this talk....but I don't have anything to say....as usual!....my brain keeps crampin' up.....:bigcry:...

Matthew328
11-19-2012, 01:40 PM
Brown will be the fastest kid on the field, but Kennedale will have speed across the board...but thats nothing new rarely is Stephenville the fastest team on the field

Sville
11-19-2012, 01:47 PM
I know and recognize that Kennedale has good team speed, but people always underestimate Sville's speed. The KDale LBers are the best I have seen on film this year, and I agree that they have a good RB, but I dont think he is better than Gober from LV, or quicker than the Anders kid from Aledo. I will put our D-Line up against anybody's this year, and our front 7 as a whole is pretty damn good. Both of our DE's are A.S. caliber to go along with our 6'3 290 NG who owns the Sville bench record at 425. I am sure with KDale's offensive scheme they will see some 4 man fronts from Sville with our A.S. 6'4 315 LT playing some DL. They will keep the Wildcat's run game in check, and by in check I believe they will limit them to 3 scoring drives or less big plays included. The question will be if KDale's passing game can keep Sville honest? If so then it will be one heck of a ballgame. If not Sville will pull away in the 2nd half comfortably.

I am going to stick by guns and say it will take a balanced offensive team with very good athletes in the secondary to beat Sville. Does that team exist in 3A D1?

As long as #2, #1, and #88 are healthy I don't think we will get beat.

Matthew328
11-19-2012, 01:53 PM
Kenndale has to throw the ball..if they dont throw it Stephenville's front 7 or 8 will dominate

toddg
11-19-2012, 01:59 PM
I know and recognize that Kennedale has good team speed, but people always underestimate Sville's speed. The KDale LBers are the best I have seen on film this year, and I agree that they have a good RB, but I dont think he is better than Gober from LV, or quicker than the Anders kid from Aledo. I will put our D-Line up against anybody's this year, and our front 7 as a whole is pretty damn good. Both of our DE's are A.S. caliber to go along with our 6'3 290 NG who owns the Sville bench record at 425. I am sure with KDale's offensive scheme they will see some 4 man fronts from Sville with our A.S. 6'4 315 LT playing some DL. They will keep the Wildcat's run game in check, and by in check I believe they will limit them to 3 scoring drives or less big plays included. The question will be if KDale's passing game can keep Sville honest? If so then it will be one heck of a ballgame. If not Sville will pull away in the 2nd half comfortably.

I am going to stick by guns and say it will take a balanced offensive team with very good athletes in the secondary to beat Sville. Does that team exist in 3A D1?

As long as #2, #1, and #88 are healthy I don't think we will get beat.

i agree!!
and speaking of #2, he may not have the best "stats" as far as yards and tds..imo, the best QB in 3a..probably 4a too!

hollywood
11-19-2012, 02:58 PM
Imagine if Stephenville 2012 had a Jaxon Shipley. :eek:

jason
11-19-2012, 03:01 PM

they could use him in the secondary

Grahamerica
11-19-2012, 03:33 PM

I bet #88 and #1 can't wait for you to jump ship and go cheer for some other team.

hollywood
11-19-2012, 03:36 PM

I agree... he made drive ending plays at DB.

hollywood
11-19-2012, 03:37 PM
I bet #88 and #1 can't wait for you to jump ship and go cheer for some other team.

????

hollywood
11-19-2012, 03:38 PM

I'll probably be at the Graham/Glen Rose game. Is there a meet and greet planned?

Sville
11-19-2012, 03:44 PM

That's kinda like saying we could use a Jonathan Gray. Shipley was one of the best HS athletes I have ever seen.

Deuce
11-19-2012, 03:46 PM
I'll probably be at the Graham/Glen Rose game. Is there a meet and greet planned?

Not sure, but I plan on catching the 1st half of this game before i go to the Graham game.

Sville
11-19-2012, 03:47 PM
Kenndale has to throw the ball..if they dont throw it Stephenville's front 7 or 8 will dominate

So far they haven't proved that they can or will. Percentage wise this is the most run oriented team we will have faced up to this point. They run the ball 92% of the time, that is even more than Alvarado, Amarillo, and LV.

franz
11-19-2012, 04:33 PM

You might need him next week.:evillol:

bleedgreen
11-19-2012, 04:37 PM
Which is safer from a turnover? Handing the ball to a runner or throwing the ball across the field to a player who has to catch it and then become a runner? Don't quote me variables or statistics. Just answer the question..... run or pass? I say run. With passing, the ball must be caught from the air.....with a handoff, there is no air. Passing comes with huge rewards but like anything else that is risky, that oblong piece of leather can be hard to catch sometimes. It's not like throwing a round baseball into a catchers mitt. If a receiver feels like a train is fixing to hit him, he may have a hard time concentrating on the catch. OOPS! I threw in a variable.

Sville
11-19-2012, 04:39 PM
You might need him next week.:evillol:

In due time. We have to take of Kennedale first. They make me nervous. This team has a lot of talent.

83Indian
11-19-2012, 07:14 PM
So far they haven't proved that they can or will. Percentage wise this is the most run oriented team we will have faced up to this point. They run the ball 92% of the time, that is even more than Alvarado, Amarillo, and LV.

I'm glad Alvarado has moved up from being referred to as Avarillo! i agree with Matthew28. Ville is to big up front. Running does you no good when the other team can score in 4 to 5 plays. Get behind and its pretty much over. However the wingT misdirection when executed flawless makes it confusing on who has the ball. I expect Kennedale to keep this close early but get behind in the second half.

Good luck to both. As long as your still playing you have a chance.

83Indian
11-19-2012, 07:15 PM
Which is safer from a turnover? Handing the ball to a runner or throwing the ball across the field to a player who has to catch it and then become a runner? Don't quote me variables or statistics. Just answer the question..... run or pass? I say run. With passing, the ball must be caught from the air.....with a handoff, there is no air. Passing comes with huge rewards but like anything else that is risky, that oblong piece of leather can be hard to catch sometimes. It's not like throwing a round baseball into a catchers mitt. If a receiver feels like a train is fixing to hit him, he may have a hard time concentrating on the catch. OOPS! I threw in a variable.

It works if your defense can get stops. No problem running as long as your not down by a couple of TD's

hollywood
11-19-2012, 08:50 PM

Wow, that's easy. It depends on the athletes. If you don't have a good QB, protected by a good O-line, to throw accurate passes to receivers that run great routes and can catch, then it's safer to run the ball. Stephenville can do both very well though. ;)

Ville-D
11-19-2012, 09:01 PM

It is nice to have a football genius chiming in. I had no idea that there could ever be any negative issues with throwing the ball. It is good to know that you can never lose a ball when running. Also, I had forgotten that footballs were oblong pieces of leather. Thanks for clearing all that up. I should probably be taking notes this Friday.

How many lost fumbles does KDale have this year? more or less than 5?

garageoffice
11-19-2012, 09:56 PM
It is nice to have a football genius chiming in. I had no idea that there could ever be any negative issues with throwing the ball. It is good to know that you can never lose a ball when running. Also, I had forgotten that footballs were oblong pieces of leather. Thanks for clearing all that up. I should probably be taking notes this Friday.

Idiotic posts like this one are one of the reasons I haven't been on this site much in the past few years. What's the use of having discussion with stupid people?

I had hoped things might have changed...so much for that.

vtskneb
11-19-2012, 10:17 PM
Idiotic posts like this one are one of the reasons I haven't been on this site much in the past few years. What's the use of having discussion with stupid people?

This posts is full of irony. Thanks for your contribution to the thread.

Ville-D
11-19-2012, 10:30 PM

hollywood
11-19-2012, 10:33 PM

"Welcome to the 3A DOWNLOW Sports forum. Keep it clean and enjoy!!!"
Threads: 112,456

Sville
11-19-2012, 10:37 PM
Back to the game at hand, I am not so sure KDale can throw the ball effectively to keep the Jacket D honest. As stated earlier they run the ball 92% of the time and their QB is only completing 37% of his passes. What will also be interesting, KDale will be the fastest team that Sville has faced since LV. That was 2 months ago, how long will it take the Jackets to adjust to their speed? Staying with that theme KDale hasn't played a quality opponent since September. How long will it take for them to adjust to the level Sville plays at? This game definitely has a lot of moving parts. Sville is battle tested and already proved what they can do against top level comp. as long as they dont turn the ball over, they get the privilege of playing December football.

bleedgreen
11-19-2012, 10:41 PM
All right, let's sum it all up.

(1) Kennedale is one dimensional
(2) the wing-T will go nowhere
(3) Kennedale has 0% chance of winning
(4) Kennedale is much better at basketball and other sports
(5) The Wildcats are missing talent with poor coaching
(6) Fort worth schools are easy to beat.... is Crowley considered part of Fort Worth?
(7) Kennedale must run the football because the quarterback is probably not be very good
(8) you MUST have a balanced offense to advance in the playoffs

There's probably some stuff on this thread that might be good reading on the bulletin board.

Ville-D
11-19-2012, 10:46 PM
Stephenville wins this week by as many as our coaching staff wants to (period).

They will probably back off in the third like the last 3 weeks.

SVYJ: 63
KDWC: 21

14 of 21 coming in garbage time.

I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN!

ccmom
11-19-2012, 10:48 PM
Back to the game at hand, I am not so sure KDale can throw the ball effectively to keep the Jacket D honest. As stated earlier they run the ball 92% of the time and their QB is only completing 37% of his passes. What will also be interesting, KDale will be the fastest team that Sville has faced since LV. That was 2 months ago, how long will it take the Jackets to adjust to their speed? Staying with that theme KDale hasn't played a quality opponent since September. How long will it take for them to adjust to the level Sville plays at? This game definitely has a lot of moving parts. Sville is battle tested and already proved what they can do against top level comp. as long as they dont turn the ball over, they get the privilege of playing December football. Or at least November 30th! ;)

Ville-D
11-19-2012, 10:49 PM

(6) Fort worth schools are easy to beat.... is Crowley considered part of Fort Worth?

There's probably some stuff on this thread that might be good reading on the bulletin board.

Agreed: 6 of 8

Ville-D
11-19-2012, 10:51 PM

(5) The Wildcats are missing talent with poor coaching
(7) Kennedale must run the football because the quarterback is probably not be very good

hollywood
11-19-2012, 10:58 PM
Or at least November 30th! ;)

LOL.. Knew that was coming!

ccmom
11-19-2012, 11:08 PM
LOL.. Knew that was coming!

Glad I didn't disappoint! :thumbsup:

hollywood
11-19-2012, 11:20 PM
Glad I didn't disappoint! :thumbsup:

I was thinking the same thing ccmom. With a win Friday, got to get past Nov 30th first... unless that game is played on Dec 1st. ;)

83Indian
11-19-2012, 11:40 PM

Looking on dfwvarsity.com box scores, they have 7 fumbles in the last 2 games. between 10 - 15 on the year

Punch line please!

Ville-D
11-20-2012, 12:17 AM

Looking on dfwvarsity.com box scores, they have 7 fumbles in the last 2 games. between 10 - 15 on the year

Punch line please!

K'dale 7 fumbles in the last 2 games VS S'ville 4 int on the year?

mick5302
11-20-2012, 12:28 AM
Kennedale has had backups on both sides of the ball alot due to the blowouts the last few games. Mistakes do happen sometimes with these younger kids, but they are getting valuable playing time. You would think it might occur to some folks who are such football gurus, some stats do not tell the whole story. Just like Burnet scoring 27 points, did Sville's game fall apart? Or could it have been backups?

Ville-D
11-20-2012, 01:06 AM
Kennedale has had backups on both sides of the ball alot due to the blowouts the last few games. Mistakes do happen sometimes with these younger kids, but they are getting valuable playing time. You would think it might occur to some folks who are such football gurus, some stats do not tell the whole story. Just like Burnet scoring 27 points, did Sville's game fall apart? Or could it have been backups?

At least they wont have to worry about that this week then.

mick5302
11-20-2012, 01:16 AM
At least they wont have to worry about that this week then. I hope not, but Sville is really good, so you never know.

Sville
11-20-2012, 01:19 AM
It sure is chippy in here! Ain't playoff football fun? The finality of it all always makes nerves on edge.

King-Kat
11-20-2012, 04:41 AM
I am not so sure if it is chippy or if "sville" followers are quite pompus........If stats meant anything, i guess Oregon would still be number 1, A&M could not have stayed on the field with "Bama", Baylor Kstate score would have been reversed and The Browns should have just forfeited to the Cowboys. This is why they play the games!! Big D linemen do not matter in the Wing T, nor do Big O linemen, it is all about tech. I am sure the sville team does not have a big head, but it is quite obvious their fans do. If you drop in class from 4A down to 3A and don't do quite well, there are problems somewhere. It is expected sville would do good. Like i said, I have seen both teams play 4 times each this year and I really believe this is going to be a much better and closer contest than some people believe....but then again, that's why they play the game!

LionFan72
11-20-2012, 08:29 AM
I am not so sure if it is chippy or if "sville" followers are quite pompus........If stats meant anything, i guess Oregon would still be number 1, A&M could not have stayed on the field with "Bama", Baylor Kstate score would have been reversed and The Browns should have just forfeited to the Cowboys. This is why they play the games!! Big D linemen do not matter in the Wing T, nor do Big O linemen, it is all about tech. I am sure the sville team does not have a big head, but it is quite obvious their fans do. If you drop in class from 4A down to 3A and don't do quite well, there are problems somewhere. It is expected sville would do good. Like i said, I have seen both teams play 4 times each this year and I really believe this is going to be a much better and closer contest than some people believe....but then again, that's why they play the game!

"POMPUS?" really?? One of the nicer things said I seen here. Naw, they are just on a roll again and have a very good team, and they know how to support that very good team. They do have a weakness, all teams do, can't wait to see this play out and I hope to get to see them play Wylie, regardless good luck to both teams this week. If the Jackets win Reg 1, I am with them for the rest of the ride. Go Reg 1.

Matthew328
11-20-2012, 09:15 AM
I will say this about Kennedale..they've been known to thrive in the role of major underdog....I remember in 2002 when a REALLY REALLY good Everman team walked into Kennedale on an 18 game winning streak and got beat by the Wildcats....granted that Kennedale team had some Div. 1 skill talent and it was in Kennedale but still Kennedale found a way to rise to the occasion...a couple of years back they were big underdogs in the playoffs to Celina and they stepped up and pulled off a pretty big upset....Barrett and Kennedale can be dangerous in the underdog role

hollywood
11-20-2012, 10:02 AM
I will say this about Kennedale..they've been known to thrive in the role of major underdog....I remember in 2002 when a REALLY REALLY good Everman team walked into Kennedale on an 18 game winning streak and got beat by the Wildcats....granted that Kennedale team had some Div. 1 skill talent and it was in Kennedale but still Kennedale found a way to rise to the occasion...a couple of years back they were big underdogs in the playoffs to Celina and they stepped up and pulled off a pretty big upset....Barrett and Kennedale can be dangerous in the underdog role

That's what you call coachin' them up! Teams like Kennedale feed on emotion, if they get on a roll, look out... if they get frustrated, self implosion.

hollywood
11-20-2012, 10:06 AM
Let's talk eats in Mineral Wells.. did they get a Fuzzy's? What else is worthy?

Cam
11-20-2012, 10:18 AM

Fuzzy's??....Shoot, if you want Fuzzy's, come to Buchanan Dam right down the road from my house (corner of Hwy 29 & 1431)....we got Fuzzy's Corner....but it's a bar!!...My boy and I have joked about going in there just to start a fight.....seems like some interesting folks walk or stagger in and out of that place.....:speech:

nobogey72
11-20-2012, 10:19 AM

I think David was about a 40 point underdog to Goliath.

hollywood
11-20-2012, 10:20 AM
Fuzzy's??....Shoot, if you want Fuzzy's, come to Buchanan Dam right down the road from my house (corner of Hwy 29 & 1431)....we got Fuzzy's Corner....but it's a bar!!...My boy and I have joked about going in there just to start a fight.....seems like some interesting folks walk or stagger in and out of that place.....:speech:

LOL! Hey, speaking of 29 & 1431... have you been out to Reveille Peak Ranch? Some good mountain biking trails there mi compadre.

Cam
11-20-2012, 10:25 AM
LOL! Hey, speaking of 29 & 1431... have you been out to Reveille Peak Ranch? Some good mountain biking trails there mi compadre.

No we haven't. And we actually bought a couple of mountain knowing that place was there...but I'm ashamed to say we've yet to go....Kinda forgot about it so I'm glad you mentioned it....geez....I need to get out more!!....this downlow stuff is takin' up way too much of my time!..:doh:

Cam
11-20-2012, 10:29 AM
I think David was about a 40 point underdog to Goliath.

I think David knew his only chance against Goliath was to sling a good sized rock right into Goliath's giant testicles!!!.....and, VICTORY, would be his!!.....

Now the history books say this:
David hurls a stone from his sling with all his might and hits Goliath in the center of his forehead, Goliath falls on his face to the ground, and David cuts off his head. The Philistines flee and are pursued by the Israelites "as far as Gath and the gates of Ekron". David puts the armor of Goliath in his own tent and takes the head to Jerusalem, and Saul sends Abner to bring the boy to him. The king asks whose son he is, and David answers, "I am the son of your servant Jesse the Bethlehemite."

Didn't happen that way. It was a clean shot to the left testicle that disabled Goliath....Recent archaeological digs have found the actual stone used with a few tiny ball & hair fragments still embedded in the rock!...It was a beautiful shot!.....just sayin'.....cause that's what I was learned in CCD classes!!....

Ville-D
11-20-2012, 10:46 AM

They have a Fuzzy's... And a Burger King.

bleedgreen
11-20-2012, 10:46 AM
There are a few people on this thread who still believe in upset. You can't have an upset without a prediction. According to the poll and some of the Sville fans, Kennedale will lose and the Jackets will humiliate the Wildcats with their almost perfect team. I have only gone to 3 Kennedale games. They were all pre-season. The game in Crowley showed me who Larry Cheeks is. He's not fast or quick but he's hard to bring down. He got his 254 yards and the Kennedale backfield got 444 yards. It was Crowley's only defeat of the season. I was hoping for an entertaining game at Argyle but it turned into a special teams meltdown. RegalEagle tried to console me but I left late in the 3rd when the game was more or less over.
Argyle has the best high school line backer I've ever seen. Towards the end of the game (3rd) though, Kennedale was running past him. Kennedale had 396 yards offense; Argyle had 254. I'm not sure what happened with Mansfield Legacy. They were a big team in a tough 4A district. Legacy was pretty balanced on offense and stopped our best rb with only 103 yards. Maybe Barrett was looking at all the players for starting positions. The Wildcats did not look good in that game.
Many years ago when Kennedale was in the Region 1 finals and lost, one of the coaches made a very good statement and I will repeat it here:

"Looking back at the season, the most important thing done was that Kennedale finally learned how to play as a team. We celebrated as one and were able to bounce back when the "let downs" occurred. "

bleedgreen
11-20-2012, 10:47 AM
There are a few people on this thread who still believe in upset. You can't have an upset without a prediction. According to the poll and some of the Sville fans, Kennedale will lose and the Jackets will humiliate the Wildcats with their almost perfect team. I have only gone to 3 Kennedale games. They were all pre-season. The game in Crowley showed me who Larry Cheeks is. He's not fast or quick but he's hard to bring down. He got his 254 yards and the Kennedale backfield got 444 yards. It was Crowley's only defeat of the season. I was hoping for an entertaining game at Argyle but it turned into a special teams meltdown. RegalEagle tried to console me but I left late in the 3rd when the game was more or less over.
Argyle has the best high school line backer I've ever seen. Towards the end of the game (3rd) though, Kennedale was running past him. Kennedale had 396 yards offense; Argyle had 254. I'm not sure what happened with Mansfield Legacy. They were a big team in a tough 4A district. Legacy was pretty balanced on offense and stopped our best rb with only 103 yards. Maybe Barrett was looking at all the players for starting positions. The Wildcats did not look good in that game.
Many years ago when Kennedale was in the Region 1 finals and lost, one of the coaches made a very good statement and I will repeat it here:

"Looking back at the season, the most important thing done was that Kennedale finally learned how to play as a team. We celebrated as one and were able to bounce back when the "let downs" occurred. "

Deuce
11-20-2012, 10:50 AM
They have a Fuzzy's... And a Burger King.

Mesquite Pit by the stadium is pretty darn good!

Ville-D
11-20-2012, 10:50 AM

Maybe I went a little overboard, but: I believe that we will win.

Cam
11-20-2012, 10:52 AM

Nicely said!!....and bleedgreen is so adamant about this he posted it twice!...just kiddin' man just kiddin'....:crazy1:

Cam
11-20-2012, 10:54 AM
Maybe I went a little overboard, but: I believe that we will win.

Ville-D overboard?....nah...impossible!.....:taunt:

Cam
11-20-2012, 11:11 AM
I seriously think Ville folks need to pitch in and get some small helmet stickers to honor the UFO's that frequent your town. The sticker should read, "Villeneverlose"....of course, to credit the name of the aliens home planet....I think that would be awesome!....:2thumbsup

Ville-D
11-20-2012, 11:55 AM
Ville-D overboard?....nah...impossible!.....:taunt:

I guess thats kind of like saying the Titanic was a big boat.

hollywood
11-20-2012, 12:06 PM
Jackets 42
Wildcats 20

Similar to La Vega game is what I'm predicting.

mwrams
11-20-2012, 12:14 PM
For eats in MW:
Coming in from 281 S:
Chubby's..Bar B Que, Chicken Fries..etc.
Jessies (Burgers)
Close to the stadium:
Mesquite Pit...Steaks, Chicken Fries etc...
Chilies
Joes Pasta
Burger King
McDonalds
With in a mile or so:
Woodys Burgers & Beer
El Paseo (Mexican)
Whataburger
Jack in the box
Dairy Queen
Sonic
Pastafina (Italian)
Chicken E
Braums
Golden Chick
Little China
Taco Casa
Taco Bell
Panda (Chinese)
Pizza Hut
Down Town:
Fuzzy's
Dairy Mart

BEAST
11-20-2012, 12:16 PM
Word is that Ville players have been using 1" studs on the shoes. I knew they had an unfair advantage somewhere.

BEAST

texas_wildcat
11-20-2012, 01:37 PM
K'dale 7 fumbles in the last 2 games VS S'ville 4 int on the year?

the starters have only fumble the ball 3times this year. . . . . . . . all others are from the 2nd team or 3 team
I think yall are all homes and i tstill think kennedale wins by 10 or more. . . . . not because this is where i went to school because this team may be the best team i have seen in kennedale .

hollywood
11-20-2012, 02:13 PM
the starters have only fumble the ball 3times this year. . . . . . . . all others are from the 2nd team or 3 team
I think yall are all homes and i tstill think kennedale wins by 10 or more. . . . . not because this is where i went to school because this team may be the best team i have seen in kennedale .

Not taking anything away from the Wildcats, but run based teams haven't fared well against the Jackets, historically. Maybe the Wildcats have something other teams didn't. We'll have to wait and see. Speed is not a factor though, trust me.

The Waco High's, University's, Killeen's, Everman's, La Vega's, Ozen's, La Marque's have all spouted about team speed, and all have fallen to the Jackets in the past. It's more focus on execution and fundamentals.

jacket98,99
11-20-2012, 02:21 PM
Not taking anything away from the Wildcats, but run based teams haven't fared well against the Jackets, historically. Maybe the Wildcats have something other teams didn't. We'll have to wait and see. Speed is not a factor though, trust me.

The Waco High's, University's, Killeen's, Everman's, La Vega's, Ozen's, La Marque's have all spouted about team speed, and all have fallen to the Jackets in the past. It's more focus on execution and fundamentals.

Funny how many teams say the same thing "you haven't seen speed like us....you haven't seen anyone physical as us.....". I'm not intending to take anything away from kennedale, but s'ville has seen speed and we have plenty of speed ourselves. No one in this state is going to run away from Preston Brown.

Matthew328
11-20-2012, 02:22 PM
Everman and Stephenville have split the last 8 meetings...just saying...lol

vtskneb
11-20-2012, 02:37 PM
Everman and Stephenville have split the last 8 meetings...just saying...lol

If this Kennedale team is as good as those Everman teams than yes, this will be a knock down drag out till the end. Aside from the 2008 game (everman dominated) and 1998, 1999, 2005 (Stephenville dominated) these have all been games that went all the way to the last whistle. This the most dynamic offensive team in the Gillespie era, I will be interested to see what Kennedale has based on the responses I have seen from their posters and the guy from Joshua.

mick5302
11-20-2012, 02:37 PM
The year Everman won the 3A state title they had one loss....Kennedale. Maybe Kennedale doesn't stand a chance, but I wouldn't overlook them.

hollywood
11-20-2012, 02:45 PM
The year Everman won the 3A state title they had one loss....Kennedale. Maybe Kennedale doesn't stand a chance, but I wouldn't overlook them.

I'm not overlooking them. They are a very dangerous team.

vtskneb
11-20-2012, 03:30 PM

I did not see them play when their were in 3A but I am sure they were plenty talented.

jacket98,99
11-20-2012, 03:58 PM
Do any of the kids from that kennedale team play on this years team? That statement has no bearing on this game. The cowboys also won a few superbowls a couple decades ago. I used to be 30 pounds lighter and could run fast. you get the point.:crazy1:

Ville-D
11-20-2012, 04:01 PM
Funny how many teams say the same thing "you haven't seen speed like us....you haven't seen anyone physical as us.....". I'm not intending to take anything away from kennedale, but s'ville has seen speed and we have plenty of speed ourselves. No one in this state is going to run away from Preston Brown.

Glad you joined us over here.

mick5302
11-20-2012, 04:09 PM
Do any of the kids from that kennedale team play on this years team? That statement has no bearing on this game. The cowboys also won a few superbowls a couple decades ago. I used to be 30 pounds lighter and could run fast. you get the point.:crazy1: Sorry, didn't get your memo on what can and cannot be discussed.

ccmom
11-20-2012, 04:15 PM
Sorry, didn't get your memo on what can and cannot be discussed.

It's only ok to bring up the past if you are from Stephenville. :rolleyes: You didn't get that memo either. ;)

mick5302
11-20-2012, 04:23 PM
This is going to be an interesting Thanksgiving for my family! My son plays LB for Kennedale and my nephew is the QB for Glen Rose. Our family is a little stressed right now, haha!

hollywood
11-20-2012, 04:30 PM
This is going to be an interesting Thanksgiving for my family! My son plays LB for Kennedale and my nephew is the QB for Glen Rose. Our family is a little stressed right now, haha!

At least they don't have to play each other! lol Good athletic family mick.

Which LB, #9, #23, or #28?

jacket98,99
11-20-2012, 04:40 PM
Sorry, didn't get your memo on what can and cannot be discussed.

Dont take it so personally. My point is not that you can't talk about the past (to you as well ccmom). Obviously we are all free to discuss anything we want. My point is that past teams aren't playing in this particular game. We aren't preparing for kennedale 2004, 2005, 2006, etc. We are preparing for 2012. I know all of the people that dislike s'vill love to think we have an arrogant team that is overlooking this game, but that just isn't the case. The Jackets will be ready.

Tin Cup
11-20-2012, 04:51 PM
I would love to see Kennedale come out and play everything as four down territory. The only way they can beat Stephenville is to keep their offense on the sidelines. Whether its a short field or not, Stephenville will score early and often. Would be interesting to see, but I know Kennedale thinks they are good enough to line up and beat Stephenville

mick5302
11-20-2012, 04:59 PM
#9, He is really having a great year, will hate to see it end.

ccmom
11-20-2012, 05:02 PM
Dont take it so personally. My point is not that you can't talk about the past (to you as well ccmom). Obviously we are all free to discuss anything we want. My point is that past teams aren't playing in this particular game. We aren't preparing for kennedale 2004, 2005, 2006, etc. We are preparing for 2012. I know all of the people that dislike s'vill love to think we have an arrogant team that is overlooking this game, but that just isn't the case. The Jackets will be ready.

And my point was that a Stephenville poster initiated the talk about past teams. Welcome.

Ville-D
11-20-2012, 05:14 PM
And my point was that a Stephenville poster initiated the talk about past teams. Welcome.

Ever since I got here all I have heard is talk about the past. Constant comparisons of Stephenville to Brownwood 2010 or any other 4a drop down that fits y'alls arguments.

ccmom
11-20-2012, 05:15 PM
Ever since I got here all I have heard is talk about the past. Constant comparisons of Stephenville to Brownwood 2010 or any other 4a drop down that fits y'alls arguments.

That's an accurate observation. The posting styles of some Sville posters is similar to a couple of Brownwood posters the year they dropped down in 2008. The difference is Sville has won more than 3 games in their 3A debut. ;)

ccmom
11-20-2012, 05:15 PM

Double post...

Cam
11-20-2012, 05:32 PM
Double post...

ccmom.....always tryin' to stir things up!.....as usual...

vtskneb
11-20-2012, 05:34 PM

Not to drag Stepp into this but it was not Stephenville that brought up the past. No one started discussing past history until Stepp made the observation that his Bulldogs' only loss in 2002 was to Kennedale. Stephenville does nothing that long time posters do on a regular basis on this site. It just fits your argument better when Stephenville is just like Brownwood. Which makes me ill just typing that word in the same sentence as Stephenville.

ccmom
11-20-2012, 05:38 PM

vtskneb, This is the post I was referring to. It was posted before Stepp's post, but if y'all don't wanna claim Hollywood, I don't blame ya! ;)

Tin Cup
11-20-2012, 05:41 PM
Wait I thought Hollywood was from Glen Rose and his kids go to Alvarado. Now I'm confused.

ccmom
11-20-2012, 05:43 PM
Wait I thought Hollywood was from Glen Rose and his kids go to Alvarado. Now I'm confused.

Haha, poor JW. Good thing he's a good sport!

hollywood
11-20-2012, 06:07 PM
vtskneb, This is the post I was referring to. It was posted before Stepp's post, but if y'all don't wanna claim Hollywood, I don't blame ya! ;)

Oh good gosh! I wasn't talking about a specific team cclush. Just a general statement about a program (coaches and players) who are very experienced in playing teams with speed. You know good and well I wasn't comparing past teams to present teams.

I can't wait to see you next week (baring both AW and SV win this week) and give you a big 'o bear hug! :D

hollywood
11-20-2012, 06:08 PM
Haha, poor JW. Good thing he's a good sport!

By the way, since I take so much of your crap, would you bring me a bottle of your favorite next week? That would be nice. ;)

hollywood
11-20-2012, 06:10 PM

Fore!!! That was a little off target there Tin Cup.

ccmom
11-20-2012, 06:36 PM
Oh good gosh! I wasn't talking about a specific team cclush. Just a general statement about a program (coaches and players) who are very experienced in playing teams with speed. You know good and well I wasn't comparing past teams to present teams.

I can't wait to see you next week (baring both AW and SV win this week) and give you a big 'o bear hug! :D

Hey I have no problem with your comparisons. I was just saying that the Kennedale poster was basically doing the same.

Now that we've settled that I was right ;), were you saying you are bringing me some wine next week? No boxed wine, please!!!

ccmom
11-20-2012, 06:37 PM

Hey I have no problem with your comparisons. I was just saying that the Kennedale poster was basically doing the same.

Now that we've settled that I was right ;), were you saying you are bringing me some wine next week? No boxed wine, please!!!

ccmom
11-20-2012, 06:39 PM
What is up with all these double posts? Maybe my hands are shaky? Better have a drink! ;)

Matthew328
11-20-2012, 06:43 PM
Bringing up the past is valid when you consider Kennedale has done a good job at pulling upsets in the past when overlooked...how about last year when in round one they were huge underdogs to 10-0 Decatur and guess who won that game?? Most of that team is back...just saying Kennedale does well in the underdog role

defense51
11-20-2012, 10:26 PM

Go with Boone's Farm Hollywood, it's cheap and has the same end effect. And it's in a bottle

toddg
11-20-2012, 10:51 PM

Go with Boone's Farm Hollywood, it's cheap and has the same end effect. And it's in a bottle

i have some homemade wine..tastes like Boone's Farm but has a kick to it...

ccmom
11-20-2012, 11:02 PM
i have some homemade wine..tastes like Boone's Farm but has a kick to it...

Y'all have fun with that!

Sville
11-21-2012, 12:41 AM
What would a Stephenville playoff run be without a victory over a Tarrant County team? Almost feels like 4A. ;)

hollywood
11-21-2012, 07:23 AM

You'll be lucky to get a box of Blush the way you've been ganging up on me! :D

hollywood
11-21-2012, 07:25 AM

:ack!:

Sville
11-21-2012, 10:03 AM
You'll be lucky to get a box of Blush the way you've been ganging up on me! :D

You can save the bladders from that box wine as emergency water storage. I saw that on Doomsday Preppers, LOL

defense51
11-21-2012, 10:09 AM
You can save the bladders from that box wine as emergency water storage. I saw that on Doomsday Preppers, LOL

I can hear the bragging now, "This water is from the bladder of a box of I wine I killed in 2012"

hollywood
11-21-2012, 11:37 AM
mick5302, what's the word from film and practice this week?

Ville-D
11-21-2012, 12:25 PM
mick5302, what's the word from film and practice this week?

Word here is:

"Kennedale has a great team. They play solid fundamental football on both sides of the ball, they are a well coached and have great bunch of kids. On offense they will run the ball down your throat and protect the ball well. On defense they fly to the ball and do an outstanding job of tackling. Their linebackers can really give you nightmares so we will have to stay on top of them and try to keep them guessing. If we can slow down their running game and force them to do things on offense that they are not as comfortable with then I believe we can create a few opportunities for turnovers. We have to go out and play our game and keep their offense from dictating the flow of the game. We need to put together a few long drives to give our defense a chance to rest when possible. We have to do a better job on special teams - especially on our KO returns. Our success depends on our ability to execute our game plan and not go in expecting anybody to just hand us a trophy because we are Stephenville. Victory's are earned not given away for free."

hollywood
11-21-2012, 06:03 PM
Kennedale's offense is going to have to play an almost perfect game to keep the ball away from Stephenville's offense.

2010: anyone remember Brownwood/Monahans Regional Finals game? This is the type of match up we're looking at here. Monahans executed their game plan almost perfectly by sustaining long clock chewing drives that resulted with scores. Very close game at the half. But, once Monahans made one mistake, boom!, Brownwood countered with a quick score taking the air out of Monahans. Once behind, Monahans was forced out of their comfort zone and it got out of hand quick in the second half.

A great amoumt of pressure is on Kennedale to execute.

garciap77
11-21-2012, 11:12 PM
Kennedale's offense is going to have to play an almost perfect game to keep the ball away from Stephenville's offense.

2010: anyone remember Brownwood/Monahans Regional Finals game? This is the type of match up we're looking at here. Monahans executed their game plan almost perfectly by sustaining long clock chewing drives that resulted with scores. Very close game at the half. But, once Monahans made one mistake, boom!, Brownwood countered with a quick score taking the air out of Monahans. Once behind, Monahans was forced out of their comfort zone and it got out of hand quick in the second half.

A great amoumt of pressure is on Kennedale to execute.

:iagree:

That's what happened to Amarillo! And the rain had no effect on the Jackets!

toddg
11-22-2012, 11:08 AM
Happy thanksgiving! Good luck to both teams tomorrow!

Ville-D
11-22-2012, 03:40 PM
Who will be at this game?

J2M2SR
11-22-2012, 04:03 PM
I will be there!!!

hollywood
11-22-2012, 08:19 PM
ROUND 2: SEVERAL BIG COUNTRY FOOTBALL TEAMS FACING CHALLENGES IN THIS WEEK'S PLAYOFF GAMES

By Evan Ren
Published Wednesday, November 21, 2012
LAST WEEK: 21-0, 1.000

SEASON TOTAL: 419-94, .816

Once postseason begins in Texas high school football, it typically doesn't take long for the road to get very difficult.

That will be the case for several Big Country teams this week as we head into the second round of the playoffs.

Several of the area's top teams — Stephenville, Cisco, Eastland, Anson, Bangs and Merkel among them — are already up against stout challenges. And unless I miss my guess, some of them will see their seasons come to a close before the weekend.

All right, here's the bad news (or the good news, depending on your perspective):

Kennedale (9-2) vs. Stephenville (9-1), Class 3A Division I regional playoff, 2 p.m. Friday, Ram Stadium, Mineral Wells — One may be tempted to quickly put a checkmark next to Stephenville on this matchup and forget about it.

But hold on for a moment.

Though Kennedale has faced a relatively easy schedule of late, the Wildcats have been playing extraordinarily well — posting four shutouts in their last five games, while averaging 65 points per night. So while it's easy to point out the fact that Kennedale's district slate was light, it's important to point out that the Wildcats did what a great team should do to a weak district — they destroyed it.

Of course, there is some question about whether KHS can knock off Stephenville, due largely to inconsistent performances early in the year when they faced teams of a high caliber. The Wildcats were good enough to edge a 10-1 Class 4A team from Crowell and later, defeated another 4A group from Texarkana. But when confronted with an elite Class 3A group from Argyle, the Wildcats came apart in a 44-13 loss on Sept. 21. This, just two weeks after they were dropped 41-10 by Class 4A Mansfield Legacy.

Stephenville, on the other hand, is a proven commodity, with impressive wins over Class 4A powers Aledo (41-28) and Amarillo (35-14), and an 18-point win over a 10-1 club from Glen Rose. The Yellow Jackets have Division-I talent in quarterback Tyler Jones and receiver Bryce Gunter. They also have one of the better offensive lines you'll see in Class 3A.

I like the Yellow Jackets to win here, but if the right Kennedale team shows up, the Wildcats could be troublesome.

PICK: Stephenville by 13

hollywood
11-22-2012, 08:22 PM

Me me me

mick5302
11-23-2012, 08:04 AM
Go Wildcats!!!

Deuce
11-23-2012, 09:03 AM

I was hoping to be, but not going to be able to get out of town in time. Ville wins by 14!

texas_wildcat
11-23-2012, 10:19 AM
this is two good teams but to me it looks like a running game today. . . . . . go kennedale

Sville
11-23-2012, 11:24 AM
this is two good teams but to me it looks like a running game today. . . . . . go kennedale

Special teams come into play big time with windy weather like this. I have feeling they will play a key role in today's outcome.

Sville
11-23-2012, 11:24 AM
Double post

83Indian
11-23-2012, 12:28 PM
Have not seen the cats play yet. I imagine they are on par with the rest of district 7. Ville by 17.

44 to 27 ville

I'll be there and at glen rose and Graham's game

J2M2SR
11-23-2012, 04:04 PM
Believe 44 won't be enough o the ole prediction

Smitty
11-23-2012, 06:02 PM
The Ville was basically unstoppable 56-24 final

Ville-D
11-23-2012, 06:24 PM
Stephenville wins this week by as many as our coaching staff wants to (period).

They will probably back off in the third like the last 3 weeks.

SVYJ: 63
KDWC: 21

14 of 21 coming in garbage time.

I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN!

Pretty close on that prediction & the last 14 did come in garbage time. :eek:

garageoffice
11-23-2012, 07:10 PM
Congratulations to a great Stephenville team. With a quarterback and receiving corp like to have it's difficult to imagine anyone at this level having the defense to stop you. I had hoped we would be able to do a better job, but I knew if we didn't get any pressure on your QB it wasn't going to happen. One of Kennedale's consistent weaknesses for as long as I can remember is an inability to develop a secondary that can cover a true passing offense.

83Indian
11-23-2012, 07:21 PM
Congratulations to a great Stephenville team. With a quarterback and receiving corp like to have it's difficult to imagine anyone at this level having the defense to stop you. I had hoped we would be able to do a better job, but I knew if we didn't get any pressure on your QB it wasn't going to happen. One of Kennedale's consistent weaknesses for as long as I can remember is an inability to develop a secondary that can cover a true passing offense.

They have done this to everyone. I would not want to play them again at the level they are at right now. Next week will be a great matchup with wylie

mick5302
11-23-2012, 08:02 PM
If there is a team that can match Sville offense, then they can be beat. Sville defense and special teams are their weakness.

Ville-D
11-23-2012, 09:16 PM
If there is a team that can match Sville offense, then they can be beat. Sville defense and special teams are their weakness.

Really? If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

KDale has been averaging 48 points per game (63 in district) and they were held to 10 by our first team and 14 by our second team.

If Stephenville's "weakness" is defense - What does that say about the kDale offense.

Eat up and enjoy your crow, Mick.

Ville-D
11-23-2012, 09:18 PM
http://www.star-telegram.com/1153/index.html?site=default&mkt=&Season=2012&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=28837&TeamID=529&SearchType=Teams

Ville-D
11-23-2012, 09:25 PM

Ville-D
11-23-2012, 09:28 PM
I say as a middle man this game could and should be to close to call. I think something like 28-27 u-pick-um.......................I think both might worry about Abilene Wylie next week. Good luck to all and Happy Thanksgiving!!

Close...

Guess again. VILLE UP!!!

Ville-D
11-23-2012, 09:32 PM
i agree!!
and speaking of #2, he may not have the best "stats" as far as yards and tds..imo, the best QB in 3a..probably 4a too!

23 of 30 for 478 yards and 8 TD
10 rushes for 108

Against a good K'Dale D.

Ville-D
11-23-2012, 09:34 PM
In due time. We have to take of Kennedale first. They make me nervous. This team has a lot of talent.

done...

And Wylie is up 56-0 in second quarter.

hollywood
11-23-2012, 09:43 PM
Stephenville QB throws 8 TD passes to beat Kennedale

By Darren LauberSpecial to the Star-Telegram Posted Friday, Nov. 23, 2012
Stephenville quarterback Tyler Jones passed for 478 yards and eight touchdowns, inclduing four to receiver Brice Gunter, as the Yellow Jackets flew past Kennedale 56-24 in a Class 3A Division I area round game Saturday at Ram Stadium.

Stephenville (10-1) meets Abilene Wylie or Andrews next week in the state quarterfinals at a site and time to be determined.

Kennedale (9-3) had no answer for the dynamic Stephenville offense. The Wildcats forced a fumble on the Yellow Jackets opening series, but Stephenville scored on its next eight possessions, all touchdown passes by Jones.

"We clicked as an offense and I was able to spread the ball around to multiple receivers," said Jones, who also led Stephenville with 108 yards on 10 rushes. "The best part about the game is getting everyone involved and of course our linemen too, you have to give them credit for opening holes and making key blocks."

Gunter finished with 10 receptions for 221 yards.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/varsity/m/#storylink=cpy

mick5302
11-23-2012, 10:28 PM
Really? If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

KDale has been averaging 48 points per game (63 in district) and they were held to 10 by our first team and 14 by our second team.

If Stephenville's "weakness" is defense

Eat up and enjoy your crow, Mick. Actually it was 17 points on the 1st team defense, not much better, but at least get your facts right. I think I congratulated your team on here hours ago, try and be a gracious winner.

toddg
11-23-2012, 10:43 PM
10 rushes for 108

Against a good K'Dale D.

T.Jones is greatness!

hollywood
11-23-2012, 10:49 PM
Congratulations to Stephenville, to the players and coaches for an awesome performance today. The hard work and many many hours of preparation throughout the year is paying huge dividends.

Great season to Kennedale. They played hard and shouldn't hold their head down if they gave it 100%. To the seniors, charish the good times and reflect on the brotherhood you made with your team.

bobcat1
11-23-2012, 10:50 PM
10 rushes for 108

Against a good K'Dale D.:fnypost:
Against a good K'Dale D

Sville
11-23-2012, 10:50 PM
That was a good ole fashion country arse whippin.

#23 Wade was as advertised and #20 Washington is a heck of a player that is going to be one of the top backs in 3A by his senior year if he stays healthy.

Tyler Jones had one of the most dominant performances from a QB that I have seen. He broke the SHS single game pass TD and yards record today. 478 pass yds 8 TDs with 110 rush. That is also the most all-purpose yards in a single game for SHS. What a performance.

toddg
11-23-2012, 10:55 PM
That was a good ole fashion country arse whippin.

#23 Wade was as advertised and #20 Washington is a heck of a player that is going to be one of the top backs in 3A by his senior year if he stays healthy.

Tyler Jones had one of the most dominant performances from a QB that I have seen. He broke the SHS single game pass TD and yards record today. 478 pass yds 8 TDs with 110 rush. That is also the most all-purpose yards in a single game for SHS. What a performance.

my oldest son wanted to get a pic with him, but you Stephenville folk are pushy!! LOL!!

Sville
11-23-2012, 11:06 PM
Sville defense and special teams are their weakness.

That first team Sville D held Kdale to under 230 yds rushing, 11 passing, 17 points, and 7 three and outs.

J2M2SR
11-23-2012, 11:25 PM
That wade kid filled the holes like a div 1 backer! Glad he is going to my Aggies ! Whoop!.....on the flip side Gunter and Jones are both big D1 talent! What a monster game!

toddg
11-23-2012, 11:28 PM
That wade kid filled the holes like a div 1 backer! Glad he is going to my Aggies ! Whoop!.....on the flip side Gunter and Jones are both big D1 talent! What a monster game!

if they aint playing for a big 12 or sec team in the future..somethings wrong!!

83Indian
11-23-2012, 11:30 PM
That first team Sville D held Kdale to under 230 yds rushing, 11 passing, 17 points, and 7 three and outs.

Relatively speaking I guess. Someone always has to find something wrong.

Being serious tho, the run defense might get exposed against Wylie based on their record so far. Kennedale did have some success running the ball.

Sville
11-23-2012, 11:42 PM
I am not worried about Wylie's running. They will not have enough success on the ground to win. It is their passing game that I am wondering about. I know my team well and a good passing team will give us fits defensively.

Ville-D
11-24-2012, 12:12 AM
Actually it was 17 points on the 1st team defense, not much better, but at least get your facts right. I think I congratulated your team on here hours ago, try and be a gracious winner.

Sorry, Congratulations on a great season.:clap:

Ville-D
11-24-2012, 12:14 AM
if they aint playing for a big 12 or sec team in the future..somethings wrong!!

I think they still have 1 more year of eligibility. We are joining the Mexican football league next year with MPT.

Sville
11-24-2012, 12:26 AM
I also don't want to overlook the job the Stephenville OL did today. They dominated up front. Jones was not pressured much and they paved the way for 679 yards of offense.

toddg
11-24-2012, 12:48 AM
I think they still have 1 more year of eligibility. We are joining the Mexican football league next year with MPT.

remember the Alamo! remember Goliad! will be the cheer at san jacinto stadiom.

Sville
11-24-2012, 12:35 PM
BTW, it was nice meeting and talking to you 83 Indian and your son.

Sville
11-24-2012, 12:42 PM
Next years Kennedale's team is going to have a dynamic rushing attack. They will return 3 of 5 on the OL, FB, TB, and WB. That Washington kid is going to be a nightmare to coral a year older and better.

fbjm
11-27-2012, 05:35 PM
Ville - Jackets too much for the Wildcats! Not sure y'all couldn't win Class AAAA! Got to see the game...WOW. Hope y'all get #5

83Indian
11-27-2012, 06:50 PM
BTW, it was nice meeting and talking to you 83 Indian and your son.

Nice meeting you to sville.

Can't wait until the showdown on Friday. Really missing the Indians being out this year. Got kind of spoiled last two years