PDA

View Full Version : El Campo vs La Grange OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

Spanish Camp
11-16-2012, 08:26 PM
Post the scores here: Let the playoffs begin!!!!!

Spanish Camp
11-16-2012, 08:37 PM
7-0 birds

Spanish Camp
11-16-2012, 08:43 PM
14-0 birds 7:32 1st

Spanish Camp
11-16-2012, 08:49 PM
21-0 birds. 5:59 in 1st

speedbump
11-16-2012, 08:51 PM
21-0 birds. 5:59 in 1st

LG is completely over matched.

Spanish Camp
11-16-2012, 08:55 PM
27-0 birds 331 in 1st

HEMOTOXIC
11-16-2012, 08:57 PM
Damn! Seriously?

Spanish Camp
11-16-2012, 08:58 PM
No. Kidding. Its 28-0

Old Green
11-16-2012, 08:59 PM
27-0 birds 331 in 1stWhoa!:eek:

Roughneck93
11-16-2012, 09:00 PM
Wow...

Spanish Camp
11-16-2012, 09:03 PM
28-7. :53 to go in first. EC gave LG a short field and the qb made a play to hit WR for td

SintonFan
11-16-2012, 09:05 PM
wow... go Leps!!!

Scoop27
11-16-2012, 09:13 PM
La Grange is giving this game away with turnovers and botched punt.
This isn't the Leopard team that was playing two weeks ago

Spanish Camp
11-16-2012, 09:17 PM
EC fumbled going in on the 11

Not the same LG team because they are playing a more physical team. Have a clue before you post

Scoop27
11-16-2012, 09:21 PM
You need to think before you post too

Spanish Camp
11-16-2012, 09:22 PM
35-7 6:12 in 2nd

raider red 2000
11-16-2012, 09:29 PM
Someone old me a few weeks ago that LG was a top region 4 team. EC is opening a can. Go birds.

Spanish Camp
11-16-2012, 09:40 PM
35-7 birds at half. LG's heads are spinning. Should have been 41.

Birds rolling. EC gets the ball after half

Spanish Camp
11-16-2012, 10:21 PM
35-14. EC driving and put the ball on the ground. LG put it in the endzone after a nice drive.

Turnovers have plagued the birds

Spanish Camp
11-16-2012, 10:30 PM
LG onside kicks and then takes it down and scores.

35-21 Birds. Getting closer. Birds fumbling their possessions away..

Dogs_21
11-16-2012, 10:42 PM
El Campo better come on with it! Sound like La Grange on the comeback

Scoop27
11-16-2012, 11:10 PM
Hats off to the Leopards who played a great game in the second half after being down 28-0,
Good luck to El Campo next week against Somersett

Spanish Camp
11-16-2012, 11:10 PM
35-21. Final. Ricebirds coughed up the ball quite a bit in the 2nd half.

LG played well

SintonFan
11-16-2012, 11:43 PM
Hats off to the Leopards who played a great game in the second half after being down 28-0,
Good luck to El Campo next week against Somersett

I second that!

Scoop27
11-17-2012, 12:29 AM
When and where might El Campo and Somerset play next week?

Football fan
11-17-2012, 12:38 AM
Crickets from the La Grange group that was so talkative all week.

Maybe they haven't had a chance to get back to their desktops.

speedbump
11-17-2012, 12:41 AM
When and where might El Campo and Somerset play next week?

Probably Victoria again. Coach Detmer will want to keep the in-laws in EC happy.

Pudlugger
11-17-2012, 01:19 AM

Well we had to drive 76 miles back to La Grange so EXCUUUUSE ME!

After the Ricebirds scored on a good 6 play drive following the opening kickoff the Leps fumbled the return giving up a short field. EC scores and kicks off and the Leps fumble on the following series giving another short field. Ricebirds score and kickoff the Leps stalled at the 20 and the punt snap is high over the head of our punter and EC recovers in endzone to put them up 28 -0 in the first. The Leps try a 4th and 2 from their 40 and get stuffed. Ricebirds score again. The Leps in the 2nd quarter begin to get their crap together and score to go into the half down 35-7. In the 2nd half it is all Leopards with the LG defense shutting out the Ricebirds and the offense moving the ball on big pass plays and some razzel dazzel stuff but they could not come back missing a 40 yard FG short by a couple of feet after a good drive to the 13 gets pushed back on a holding penalty. You can't give a team like EC 21 points on turnovers and muffed snaps on punts in the first 8 minutes and expect to climb out of that hole even though from the 2nd quarter on the Leopards outplayed the Ricebirds. Congratulations to EC and good luck going forward.

As for our players especially the seniors do not hang your heads you guys gave it all out their and came up short against a very good football team. Get ready for next year because we will be back and better than ever.

Congratulations to the Lady Lep Volleyball team winning in the semis today. Win state tomorrow and bring it home to La Grange.

hookandladder
11-17-2012, 01:48 AM

I just got home, if you want to brag on that game then you are just plain stupid. EC is a very good team however our turnovers put us in a big hole in the first quarter, after first quarter we played well. We had a chance to score early in the 4th quarter at the 7 yardline to make it a 7 point game, we shut your butt out in the second half. Congrats to the Ricebirds but not you, pitiful.

hookandladder
11-17-2012, 01:53 AM
LG is completely over matched.

I bet your butt was starting to pucker in the 4th quarter , about what I expected from someone like you. Never count them Leps out, talked to your QB after the game and he said hands down best team they have faced all year but what would he know he is only on the field playing while you are talking trash.

Pudlugger
11-17-2012, 02:11 AM
Goofy mess ups in the first quarter LG down 28-0. Final score 35-21. The story: El Campo holds on to win.

Football fan
11-17-2012, 02:43 AM
La Grange was clearly the better team. El Campo got lucky again... For the 11th time this year.

I honestly expected the excuses from you guys.

If you guys knew Brandl you would know he is a good kid that was trying to make you feel better.

Football fan
11-17-2012, 02:52 AM
In all fairness, i acknowledged that it may take the two of you a while to get home and get in front of your desktops.

But, this is how it works. You whine all week about how La Grange isn't getting the respect it deserves and how you pick them to win the game.

When your team loses by two touchdowns, you no longer have a right to talk.

But please keep us updated on predistrict basketball.

SintonFan
11-17-2012, 04:18 AM
La Grange was clearly the better team. El Campo got lucky again... For the 11th time this year.

I honestly expected the excuses from you guys.

Dude. That was poor.

WRONG
EL CAMPO WON MEANS THEY ARE THE BETTER TEAM.

Just let me know if you wanna go HOME to the shack outside LaGrange.
We have a lot basketball down there.

speedbump
11-17-2012, 07:58 AM
I bet your ass was starting to pucker in the 4th quarter , about what I expected from someone like you. Never count them Leps out, talked to your QB after the game and he said hands down best team they have faced all year but what would he know he is only on the field playing while you are talking trash.

Wrong - never did that desperation carnival football worry me. (I was disappointed that the Birds gave up that third TD. and messed up my 35-14 prediction) When you're over matched you have to try that stuff sometimes though and it worked for LG the whole third quarter, then fizzled out. I guess it took the Birds a quarter to wake up after their halftime nap. Hope they learned a lesson.

If you have any of that tail gate stew left, throw a little crow in it and enjoy.

Spanish Camp
11-17-2012, 08:10 AM
The better team won, but LG took advantage of the gifts the Birds gave them in the third quarter (as a good team should do). EC did not have the ball enough to do anything during the 3rd.

Good game to watch. I am sure EC wasn't exactly pleased with how they played, but the first round win is an important win.

Football fan
11-17-2012, 08:51 AM
WRONG
EL CAMPO WON MEANS THEY ARE THE BETTER TEAM.

Just let me know if you wanna go HOME to the shack outside LaGrange.
We have a lot basketball down there.

Sarcasm. I'm not a La Grange fan.

Pudlugger
11-17-2012, 09:20 AM
In all fairness, i acknowledged that it may take the two of you a while to get home and get in front of your desktops.

But, this is how it works. You whine all week about how La Grange isn't getting the respect it deserves and how you pick them to win the game.

When your team loses by two touchdowns, you no longer have a right to talk.

But please keep us updated on predistrict basketball.

Football Fan you sit in your mom's basement and do the smack talk no one from LG makes any excuses. When LG scores it's because EC needed to "wake up" like EC wasn't the recipient of LG turnovers short fields and a high snap td in the endzone in the first 6 minutes of the game to go up 28-0? After that LG went 21-7 and led in total yards in the offense. You El Campo fans act like you have never been there before. You are full of yourself on your mother's computer acting like a pimply faced teenager. You probably never got to play football maybe you were on the drill team or was a cheer leader. Good luck with that. El Campo went up big early and had to hold on to win it in the 2nd half. They will not win state because their pass defense consists of one thing a good pass rush. Start double teaming #6 like we did in the 3rd quarter and teams will exploit that weakness. Your posts show little actual knowledge about football that's why I think you were in the drill team. Did your mom have your drill team skirt framed and put up in her sewing room?:mad:

hookandladder
11-17-2012, 09:26 AM
You guys are just downright pitiful, no one on this board from La Grange made any remarks about us beating EC. We gave imput on the game and things we needed to do to win, plain and simple we made mistakes in first quarter that cost this game. (Kickoff fumble, bad snap for a TD). I guess you guys feel the need to talk **** to us after the game because of your 4A enrollment size, EC was the best team last night and no one trying to take that away from the team. I will bet you two guys sit in the stands and question every call by the coaches and think you could do better, you won and your still making excuses for your second half play. EC is a good team however they will need to find a passing game down the road, Good Luck to the Birds . Yes after the game Brandl told my son and me that he was just taking it easy on us in the second half, knowing Bryce the way my son and I know him he would just laugh at your stupidity. Wow and this coming from a suppossesly adult person, Grow Up.

hookandladder
11-17-2012, 09:28 AM
The better team won, but LG took advantage of the gifts the Birds gave them in the third quarter (as a good team should do). EC did not have the ball enough to do anything during the 3rd.

Good game to watch. I am sure EC wasn't exactly pleased with how they played, but the first round win is an important win.

Do you think EC took advantage of the gifts LG gave them in the first quarter, amazing.

Football fan
11-17-2012, 09:46 AM
Football Fan you sit in your mom's basement and do the smack talk no one from LG makes any excuses. When LG scores it's because EC needed to "wake up" like EC wasn't the recipient of LG turnovers short fields and a high snap td in the endzone in the first 6 minutes of the game to go up 28-0? After that LG went 21-7 and led in total yards in the offense. You El Campo fans act like you have never been there before. You are full of yourself on your mother's computer acting like a pimply faced teenager. You probably never got to play football maybe you were on the drill team or was a cheer leader. Good luck with that. El Campo went up big early and had to hold on to win it in the 2nd half. They will not win state because their pass defense consists of one thing a good pass rush. Start double teaming #6 like we did in the 3rd quarter and teams will exploit that weakness. Your posts show little actual knowledge about football that's why I think you were in the drill team. Did your mom have your drill team skirt framed and put up in her sewing room?:mad:

We don't have basements in El Campo.

My mom died when I was three.

You guys are just downright pitiful, no one on this board from La Grange made any remarks about us beating EC. We gave imput on the game and things we needed to do to win, plain and simple we made mistakes in first quarter that cost this game. (Kickoff fumble, bad snap for a TD). I guess you guys feel the need to talk **** to us after the game because of your 4A enrollment size, EC was the best team last night and no one trying to take that away from the team. I will bet you two guys sit in the stands and question every call by the coaches and think you could do better, you won and your still making excuses for your second half play. EC is a good team however they will need to find a passing game down the road, Good Luck to the Birds . Yes after the game Brandl told my son and me that he was just taking it easy on us in the second half, knowing Bryce the way my son and I know him he would just laugh at your stupidity. Wow and this coming from a suppossesly adult person, Grow Up.

Dang people get pissy when they get beat. Talking a little is what makes it fun. Bottome line is El Campo won and you are done.

Pudlugger
11-17-2012, 09:52 AM
Do you think EC took advantage of the gifts LG gave them in the first quarter, amazing.

Hook on the way out of Memorial Stadium I was talking to my wife about how we outplayed EC in the second half as sort of a conciliation prize to being beaten and this guy walking next to me with a stats clipboard said LG's stats showed that we outplayed EC from midway into the 1st quarter on. I think he was either a scout for Sommerset of a reporter for the newspaper. The Ricebirds had 301 rushing yards I don't know what their total offense was but they didn't make much on passing. I would like to see all the stats for the game. Too bad the Leps tanked so badly in that first 8 minutes of the game. It is almost impossible to come back against such a big physical team like EC when you spot them 28 points right out of the gate. Good game in the second half but not enough and a little late.

Pudlugger
11-17-2012, 09:54 AM
We don't have basements in El Campo.

My mom died when I was three.

I'm very sorry to hear that. I should not have spoken out like that. I was out of line and I apologize.

LaGrange wins 4th 25-20

Wylie
vs
LaGrange
Tomorrow at 2pm for 3A state title

Better than most teams (towns) good luck.

Football fan
11-17-2012, 10:04 AM
I'm very sorry to hear that. I should not have spoken out like that. I was out of line and I apologize.

No need to apologize.

44INAROW
11-17-2012, 10:44 AM
Guys. I am out of town and don't know how to edit on my phone but please watch the $h@t word. Doesn't bother me lol. But some find it offensive. Thanks

I can do that no more chit from me

hookandladder
11-17-2012, 10:58 AM
Hook on the way out of Memorial Stadium I was talking to my wife about how we outplayed EC in the second half as sort of a conciliation prize to being beaten and this guy walking next to me with a stats clipboard said LG's stats showed that we outplayed EC from midway into the 1st quarter on. I think he was either a scout for Sommerset of a reporter for the newspaper. The Ricebirds had 301 rushing yards I don't know what their total offense was but they didn't make much on passing. I would like to see all the stats for the game. Too bad the Leps tanked so badly in that first 8 minutes of the game. It is almost impossible to come back against such a big physical team like EC when you spot them 28 points right out of the gate. Good game in the second half but not enough and a little late.

The stats that we saw last night showed EC was 0-4 passing, so no passing yards for them. La Grange passed for a little over 250 and ran for 100 , LG thad 365 total yards and EC had 301. Funny with giving up 35 points and just 300 yards total offense seems to me we know who got the most gifts last night, I am very proud of the way our team fought back and made a game of it. Our Senior leadership definitely showed last night, Still hard to beleive it was 3 years ago my son played his first Varsity game and now it is over. Very proud of him, 31 starts at QB and never missed a snap in 3 years. Now off a week off and on to baseball, Thanks Leps and coaching staff for 3 great years. Always a Lep fan.

bird_fan
11-17-2012, 11:00 AM
well I think the Ricebird defense had a lot to do with the game that !st quarter they played lights out I think I would have questiones going on 4th down so early in the game considerng the way EC defense was playing also EC has see this from several teams this year I think most around me knew the punt snap was going to the up man he looked like he was gtoing to get the punt everybody around was saying around watcdh for the fake. I take my hat off to La Grange they didnt give up and played hard til the end and from what I know of La Grange I expected it from them Also if El Campo hadnt lost the fumble on their first second hald drive from the way they were moving the ball I think they may have scored to make it harder on LG but kudos LG you got the ball scored and scored again b efore we touched the ball again. But the Ricebird defense came up again holding on down twice once after a first and goal. Though we didnt score in the second half after holdong fourth down after first and goal the birds did drive the ball back to deep LG end of the field runing the clock and that Ricebird Football driving te football it hard to score when you dont have the b all. I think LG was the best team we have played this year. I saw La Grange play Van Vleck in 1975 also Play Bay City in 2000 when they had that Gunn kid he was something slse

zebrablue2
11-17-2012, 11:07 AM
Many congrats to the Leps and coach Kates. You all came a long way in 3 yrs, and just ran into a buzz saw last night. Great season!!!

Football fan
11-17-2012, 11:09 AM
300 rushing yards is a dominant performance at any level.

I'm not surprised that LG threw for 250 playing from behind the whole game. EC's pass defense is certainly a weakness.

Manso/V8
11-17-2012, 12:18 PM
Congrats to the Ricebirds on the win, way to represent D25. You have earned my respect and I hope to see you win the SC.

Congrats to the Leps on a fine season. It is a shame to have what I think was the Region Championship game in the first round.

hookandladder
11-17-2012, 12:57 PM
Congrats to the Ricebirds on the win, way to represent D25. You have earned my respect and I hope to see you win the SC.

Congrats to the Leps on a fine season. It is a shame to have what I think was the Region Championship game in the first round.

Yes it was a tough first round matchup, D-1 bracket is not kind to District Champions but it is what it is. EC should dominate the rest of our Region, I think the same with Bellville -Wimberley winner. Yoakum will be the sleeper in this Region.

YTBulldogs
11-17-2012, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the hospitality at your tailgate Hook. LG has the best fan's and it was a honor partaking this game with them. LG future is bright and I just can't stop thinking about the opening quarter, and what could of been for the Leps? Thanks for the stew, Yoakum players loved it.

Now, guess I'll catch ya at the diamond Hook. D26 should be just as exciting come this summer. Hope ya'lls baseball tourney get's those talented teams like usual in it? Best ran tourney in the state. Not a better baseball field in the state IMO. Freaking shrimp served at the concession stand too.:2thumbsup