PDA

View Full Version : Do you support the high school you graduated from, town you live in now, or both?

hollywood
11-16-2012, 04:02 PM
I'd be interested to hear from the downlowers if they only support the teams of where they went to high school, town they live in now, or both. A poll to vote above.

Bosqueville
11-16-2012, 04:10 PM
Both but the two are in different classes and certainly not a bitter rival...

Smitty
11-16-2012, 04:11 PM
Since I can't vote I will post here......I'm a graduate of Stepheville High School (1976), and I live in Stephenville.

BEAST
11-16-2012, 04:19 PM
That one is easy for me, I live and graduated from The Wood!!

BEAST

defense51
11-16-2012, 04:31 PM
Graduated from Tolar (2A Div II) and love to see them do well, but if they ever played Alvarado it would be the Indians all the way.

BwdLion73
11-16-2012, 04:37 PM
both but the two are in different classes and certainly not a bitter rival...

;).....:d

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-16-2012, 05:05 PM
Grew up in Alvarado... Graduated in Alvarado.... Son is starting RB on Alvarado Varsity. So I bleed Purple....:eek:

Roughneck93
11-16-2012, 05:07 PM
I support two teams. My alma mater comes first though.

My hometown (4A) is in the San Antonio area, went to school there for a bit before moving to West Columbia at very young age. Family still lives there, I still support them, follow them and still wear their colors (happens to be maroon and white as well :) ) but...CHS comes first.

waterboy
11-16-2012, 05:12 PM
I support BOTH. Of course, I graduated from Gilmer High AND I follow the Buckeyes. Have lived in Gilmer for all but about 9 months of my life, so.......:D

pirate4state
11-16-2012, 05:17 PM
I am a Sinton graduate and moved back here in 2001. The 10 years I lived in the metromess...I didn't even follow HS football!! :eek: Just think of all the great games I missed :( LOL

lv2937
11-16-2012, 05:21 PM
support my old high school. played 8 man football back then. they droped to 6man a few years after i graudeted. but my veins bleeds green for the burnet bulldogs. daughter and 2 grandkids graud. for there and have a grandson in jr high there.

Trashman
11-16-2012, 05:22 PM
Both but the two are in different classes and certainly not a bitter rival...

:2thumbsup

hollywood
11-16-2012, 05:44 PM
I played and graduated from the Wood! Have lived in Stephenville since '95. Trust me, it was hard to take all the Jacket backers in the 90's and 00's. They had taken over the rivalry by beating the Wood in '90 for the first time since the 60's! It's calmed down a bit between the Wood and the Ville (thank goodness) since they don't play each other on a consistant basis. The old timers here still have hate for the Wood but for the younger ones, it's just an after thought.

I support the Ville, where my kids have been raised since infants, and the Wood of course because it's my alma matar. Is that sacreligious? lol Relative I suppose. My kid's are born and raised Jackets. It's fun and wouldn't have it any other way. Not moving back to Brownwood just to root for the Lions, but do support them. Stephenville is home and it's a GREAT place to raise a family!

Pick6
11-16-2012, 05:55 PM
Support both for now. After graduation next year all the support goes to where i grew up, not where i live now.

GrTigers6
11-16-2012, 06:01 PM
I keep up with all the towns I have been associated with. Santa Anna grad '88, Of course Brownwood, West Columbia, And Finally Glen Rose.
Plus have neices and nephews associated with Goldthwaite, Bangs, And a father n law who follows the ville. Have taken hi to many games over the years.

1971Coogs
11-16-2012, 06:18 PM
Been living in La Marque since 1953.....graduated from La Marque in 1971......served on City Council in La Marque, Parks Board, Chamber of Commerce, President of my Church Council, secretary of La Marque Little League, President of La Marque Men's Slow Pitch League, on the board for Troop 244 in La Marque and a few other odds and ends.....been on La Marque Coogs Sports Net crew since 1996 buying the rights and equipment from the originator in 2002. Donate a nice chunk of change each year to La Marque ISD .....Oh and by the way I've missed 3 La Marque football games since 1986.

Txbroadcaster
11-16-2012, 06:53 PM
Grew up in Alvarado... Graduated in Alvarado.... Son is starting RB on Alvarado Varsity. So I bleed Purple....:eek:

So your a big Kennedale fan then right?

SintonFan
11-16-2012, 07:37 PM
Both. Gotta support Sinton, but I also root for SA Brandeis(my son played for them a bit). Will always support the Sinton Pirates! But tonight I have to go against Brandeis because the coach of CC King is a former classmate, and graduate of Sinton. So tonight I'll root for King but they have their hands full. I saw many of these senior players from Brandeis play from middle school. I think my son blocked for their star running back! CC King is gonna have to play darn near perfect to win.

SintonFan
11-16-2012, 07:37 PM
Been living in La Marque since 1953.....graduated from La Marque in 1971......served on City Council in La Marque, Parks Board, Chamber of Commerce, President of my Church Council, secretary of La Marque Little League, President of La Marque Men's Slow Pitch League, on the board for Troop 244 in La Marque and a few other odds and ends.....been on La Marque Coogs Sports Net crew since 1996 buying the rights and equipment from the originator in 2002. Donate a nice chunk of change each year to La Marque ISD .....Oh and by the way I've missed 3 La Marque football games since 1986.

Nice.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-16-2012, 07:39 PM
I live in Houston now, but I am Port Isabel Tarpon until the day I die. And if I am reincarnated, I hope I am reborn as a Port Isabel Tarpon.

Scoop27
11-16-2012, 07:49 PM
Graduated from East Bernard in 1973 and will always support Brahmas

No it's hard to support Pine Tree. Coaches sucked then and I'm sure they suck now.

SpursFan2012
11-17-2012, 12:48 AM
Ha ha!! I live in Cuero and have worked in Yoakum the last 8 years! I always tell everyone I would cheer for the bulldogs all year EXCEPT for one game!! And we all knew which one that was! GO MEAN GREEN!!!

toddg
11-17-2012, 01:28 AM
Alvarado thru and thru all my sons are in Alvarado schools and I proudly live here!! Senior 85' AHS

toddg
11-17-2012, 01:29 AM
Nice. now that's a coog!!!

cowboyandchrist
11-17-2012, 07:54 AM
I went thru grades 1 thru 5 at Tatum and 6 thru 12 at Carthage, played for the Dawgs in the mid seventies. Lived in Tatum 40 years, grandfather on school board at Tatum for 20 years. I pull for both, it made it tuff when they played each other. I can bragg about state champion ships 3 with the Dawgs and 2 with the Eagles and played in combine total of 8. It does make it tuff when both go deep in the playoffs.

1971Coogs
11-17-2012, 08:04 AM
Nice.
I'm guilty of being a homer that's for sure :rolleyes:

1971Coogs
11-17-2012, 08:04 AM
now that's a coog!!!
yes sir.....hardcore for sure

ctown81
11-17-2012, 08:41 AM
I went to school in Carthage but I've been in Bedford for the last 7 years. I'm a die hard Carthage fan but I've been known to wear a Euless Trinity t-shirt or two.

Eagle 1
11-17-2012, 10:03 AM
Both the town I live in and the town I graduated from, but....I also support other teams as well.
Last year I jumped on Masons bandwagon and rode it all the way to state. I have been to several Brownwood games over the years.
I love high school football.

buckeyebob
11-17-2012, 10:04 AM
Left @ 18 for college...moved back @ 50...would never look @ another team or woman...happy with both.

LionFan72
11-17-2012, 10:26 AM
Graduated from Brownwood High School during the championship years, came home after a 6 year stint in USAF, live in Brownwood. Coach Wood instilled a factor in most of us, play hard and appreciate good football, the tradition runs Maroon and White, and deep.

Rabid Cougar
11-17-2012, 11:04 AM
Graduated from Yoe High School in Cameron in 1982 (3 A State Champion in 1981)I never missed a Yoeman game from 1969 until I went to college. I have lived in China Spring since March 1991. Have been to every China Spring football game since ( except the State Championship finalist run in 07 when I missed my oldest boys playoff games because I was in Iraq, listened to them on the internet though and the entire 09 season because I was in Iraq again). I am for the Cougars even when they play against the Yoemen.

Aggie98
11-17-2012, 11:23 AM
Graduated New Boston in '94.... moved to Kilgore in '04. I've missed 3 Bulldog games in the last 9 seasons and those were due to kids being born. I've been to 3 NB games since I graduated.... But I do still pull for them from a distance.

Phil C
11-17-2012, 07:37 PM
Freer Buckaroo graduate here and I support my alma mater. Fortunately they are in a lower classification so they won't meet Sinton in any meaningful event. If they did though I would support Sinton since I have lived here over 30 years.

Mojo84
11-17-2012, 09:10 PM
Don't understand why I can't vote in polls.

I support both, Permian and Boerne High School.

ccmom
11-17-2012, 09:13 PM
Don't understand why I can't vote in polls.

I support both, Permian and Boerne High School.
You have to have 100 posts to vote.

83Indian
11-17-2012, 09:17 PM
Graduated from Alvarado 1983, lived here my whole life with a great big family and extended family. 2 kids already graduated and 2 in high school. I love whats happening with the Football program and school leadership in general. When Alvarado is not in the playoffs, I usually root for our district. However I love traveling to watch the big marquee 3A games. Besides the state championship last year, 2010 Brownwood vs. Carthage was the best game I have ever seen.

SintonFan
11-18-2012, 12:22 PM
I'm guilty of being a homer that's for sure :rolleyes:

It was a compliment, dammit. lol

Mojo84
11-18-2012, 12:55 PM
You have to have 100 posts to vote.

Thanks for letting me know.

texanpride1250
11-18-2012, 01:34 PM
This is an easy one for me since they are one in the same. I am Wimberley Class of '92 and my son is Class of '13. Texan Pride!

panfan
11-19-2012, 11:29 AM
I keep up with my HS alma mata - Judson HS in San Antone. Played ball there. Both my nephews went there and played ball there as well so I have been keeping up. 30 year renuion this summer! Number 1 support though goes to LH Panthers - Two sophmores in multiple sports keep me busy!!!

trg
11-19-2012, 05:14 PM
I support both. Graduated from Columbus in '87 (played and cheered for them) and my kids graduated from Bellville High School in '11 and '12. Both kids played (volleyball, softball, tennis, football, powerlifting, & cheered). So while my kids were playing I definitely supported the Brahmas. :)

Cam
11-20-2012, 10:06 AM
I support the school where my kids are going/gone, Burnet. Could care less about the high school I graduated from. Dad moved the family from Houston when I was in 7th grade. I was very upset at him for moving us. I loved where I was. After the move, I went from being a straight A student to becoming a little rebel/trouble-maker. Plus, being the new kid on the block created some problems. I got jumped by 3 kids on the first day of school! After many fights (and victories!:thumbsup:) I finally got the enemy to back down. Shoot, some of them even became friends of mine. It took these kids awhile to figure out what a lovely gentleman I was! :D Anyway, south Texas was a culture shock to say the least. Them kids down there can be pretty tough. I really don't keep in touch with any of them except for 2 or 3. Plus, I did meet my lovely wife there! Anyway, I couldn't wait to get out of there and that's how I ended up in Dallas. When making the decision to move my kids to Burnet, alot of flashbacks of my move as a kid came to mind. I worried my kids would go thru a similar experience. But, didn't happen. Burnet welcomed them with open arms and they fit in nicely. So, I'm a Burnet backer until my last one graduates and probably always will be......... and that...is my life story......:rolleyes:

LonestarFB
11-20-2012, 10:54 AM
I most definitely support my hometown team, the Lufkin Panthers who are in 5A. I also support the team where I live, the Wharton Tigers and they are in 3A and the reason that I'm here on this board. I am also on a 5A board as well. But honestly, the Panther tradition was so engrained in me that I will ALWAYS bleed purple and gold FIRST, any others will have to stand in line behind my Lufkin Panthers - also highschool team that Dez Bryant hails from! Lufkin had a rough go this past year and it started with the sudden and untimely death of their longitme Head Coach John Outlaw. They did make the playoffs this year but just not with as stellar record as in many years past.

Don't get me wrong...I do love my Wharton Tigers and am very excited that they have done so well and are on their way in the playoffs again. Both my kids grew up in Wharton and graduated from here. My son played football and over the years, I only missed two of his games from 7th grade through his senior year.

Also, Coach Finn has done a remarkable job with our young men this year, both athletically and scholastically. And when all is said and done, education should come first and then sports. Coach Finn has brought this philosophy to Wharton. Honestly, when i saw our district after realignment last year I was very doubtful that Wharton was going to successful. I am very excited and impressed with what Coach Finn has accomplished this year. It seems that with the structure that he insists upon, good things have begun to happen in Wharton and seems to have taken hold. So many other schools have developed such amazing traditions over many, many years and I truly hope that Coach Finn is in this for the long-haul with Wharton and we, too, can boast of such a tradition in the not to distant future!

Hornet
11-20-2012, 04:41 PM
I grew up a Ft. Worth Paschal Panther and played for the Panthers, class of 1981. Have been residing in Gatesville, TX the last 25 years and have been a Hornet ever since. I wholeheartdly support my Hornets!

jacket98,99
11-20-2012, 04:52 PM
Born and raised in s'ville and live there now so i pull for the jackets. Lived in Kerrville while working in Fredericksburg for a time so i follow the tivy antler and the battlin billies. Did all my upper level book learnin in Abilene at HSU so i pull for abilene schools except wylie now that we've dropped down to 3A.:2thumbsup

oldtownag
11-20-2012, 06:50 PM
Carthage will be number one until my son begins playing. It looks like I am a future Forney Jackrabbit.

CHS_89
11-20-2012, 07:48 PM
I bleed Home Depot orange and will always root for the Bobcats...here in a few years when my squids get in high school I will yell for Mckinney Boyd, but will still bleed orange.

Bull Butter
11-20-2012, 11:26 PM
Port Isabel Tarpon for the last 24 years but Agua Dulce Longhorn FOR LIFE!

lbjacj
11-21-2012, 11:38 AM
Actually I have several. I grew up in Pine Tree so I support the Pirates. Went to Longview HS so I support the Lobos. Lived in Cuero during their run at a SC(84-87) so I support the Gobblers(Except when they play Wimberley). And have been a Texan fan since the HS opened! So except for the Pirates my teams are winners most seasons now days!