PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer vs. Canton Updates

poisoned10
11-15-2012, 09:27 PM
Gilmer took an early 7-0 but was answered quickly by Canton to tie it at 7. Gilmer then put 2 scoring drives together to take a 21-7 lead into the 2nd quarter.

Both teams alternated TD's late in the 2nd and Gilmer takes a 36-14 lead into halftime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aggie98
11-15-2012, 09:32 PM
Gilmer had 347 yards of offense in the 1st half.... And 19 first downs. Canton had 4 first downs.

lostaussie
11-15-2012, 09:45 PM
They haven't slowed us down yet. This could get ugly.

lostaussie
11-15-2012, 10:18 PM
End 3rd Gilmer 51-22

poisoned10
11-15-2012, 10:24 PM
Gilmer is slowing Gilmer down. We have 3 turnovers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aggie98
11-15-2012, 10:59 PM
51-36 final. Gilmer had 533 yds of offense and 30 first downs.

icu812
11-15-2012, 11:31 PM
Gilmer's speed on offense was just to much for Canton. To be honest Gilmer's defense wasn't very impressive in this game. Canton's offense isn't that good this year. Canton's sophmore qb is going to be a good one though. Other than that they have one good receiver and a couple avg backs. Not what I expected from the black flag D but maybe I am being to harsh. A win is a win. Good luck next round.

cowboyandchrist
11-16-2012, 06:41 AM
Gilmer's speed on offense was just to much for Canton. To be honest Gilmer's defense wasn't very impressive in this game. Canton's offense isn't that good this year. Canton's sophmore qb is going to be a good one though. Other than that they have one good receiver and a couple avg backs. Not what I expected from the black flag D but maybe I am being to harsh. A win is a win. Good luck next round.

Gilmer is Gilmer this year, they have won 10 straight games in every way you could win a game. They have won with an outstanding Defense when they had to, they won by scoring a lot of points when they had to, and they have won with special teams play when they had to. You can not watch one game on the Buckeyes and say well there good on D or they are good on the O side. Gilmer will take what the other team gives them. They are very young, but they are very very fast on both sides of the ball. I picked against them twice this year when they played Kigore and Henderson, I wont make that mistake again. I look for a Gilmer and Argyle rematch. Should be one of the best games in the state to watch. I still say this maybe one of the best coaching jobs the Gilmer staff has done with such a young team.

garciap77
11-16-2012, 07:50 AM
51-36 final. Gilmer had 533 yds of offense and 30 first downs.:thumbsup:

lostaussie
11-16-2012, 08:10 AM
Gilmer is Gilmer this year, they have won 10 straight games in every way you could win a game. They have won with an outstanding Defense when they had to, they won by scoring a lot of points when they had to, and they have won with special teams play when they had to. You can not watch one game on the Buckeyes and say well there good on D or they are good on the O side. Gilmer will take what the other team gives them. They are very young, but they are very very fast on both sides of the ball. I picked against them twice this year when they played Kigore and Henderson, I wont make that mistake again. I look for a Gilmer and Argyle rematch. Should be one of the best games in the state to watch. I still say this maybe one of the best coaching jobs the Gilmer staff has done with such a young team. we seem to play to the competition most of the time. The second half last night was very sloppy to say the least. Can't do that against the upper echelon teams. Nevertheless a win is a win and we will be take it and move on.

waterboy
11-16-2012, 09:07 AM
I agree with you, lostaussie. It seems they've played "down" to their competition all year. It can be frustrating as a fan. The Buckeyes turned the ball over 4 times, and still had an easy victory. Canton never came close to stopping the Buckeyes. The defense relaxed in the second half, played "prevent" (which I absolutely HATE, mainly 'cause it NEVER works), and Canton got a couple of cosmetic TDs in the 4th. A win is a win, and we'll take it, but they do need to get their game cleaned up. Their youth shows at times.

Aesculus gilmus
11-16-2012, 09:45 AM
I agree with you, lostaussie. It seems they've played "down" to their competition all year. It can be frustrating as a fan. The Buckeyes turned the ball over 4 times, and still had an easy victory. Canton never came close to stopping the Buckeyes. The defense relaxed in the second half, played "prevent" (which I absolutely HATE, mainly 'cause it NEVER works), and Canton got a couple of cosmetic TDs in the 4th. A win is a win, and we'll take it, but they do need to get their game cleaned up. Their youth shows at times.

On the other site that can't be named, some of the non-Gilmer posters were wondering why the "Ones" were still in when it was 51-22. I think a lot of people don't understand the system. Gilmer rotates players in and out throoughout the game. In the second quarter, had they been observing closely, they would have noticed the lineup had changed considerably from what it was at the start of the game.

waterboy
11-16-2012, 10:16 AM
On the other site that can't be named, some of the non-Gilmer posters were wondering why the "Ones" were still in when it was 51-22. I think a lot of people don't understand the system. Gilmer rotates players in and out throoughout the game. In the second quarter, had they been observing closely, they would have noticed the lineup had changed considerably from what it was at the start of the game.

Yeah, I get tired of that, too. The Buckeyes rotate so many players in and out that it's hard for even us homers to keep up with how many "starters" are on the field. I noticed a LOT more subbing than those people over there noticed, even in the second quarter. There were only a smattering of starters out there for the second half, and they were rotated regularly. It seems all they notice are the "marquis" players, and when they are out there. That's just the way Coach Traylor has always done it. Wholesale changes were made in the 4th on both sides of the ball, especially on defense. It was a sloppy game for us even with the starters out there, but Canton was grossly overmatched. If the Buckeyes can get their game cleaned up there's no reason why we can't keep it going for a deep run. One game at a time, though.

ccmom
11-16-2012, 10:24 AM
Congrats to the Nutsos!!!! :clap:

bobcat1
11-16-2012, 11:16 AM
Congrats to Glimer!

Bullaholic
11-16-2012, 11:21 AM
Congrats to the Buckeyes---looks like they're on the road again....

buckeyebob
11-17-2012, 10:09 AM

Impressive enough...gotta "W"...that is all that counts.

Atlanta is now in the sites...defense will be the start in this one.