PDA

View Full Version : Abilene Wylie (10-0) vs Clint Mountain View (8-2)

ccmom
11-15-2012, 10:55 AM
I realize that most people don't expect this game to be competitive, but I just can't stand not seeing a thread about our first round playoff game.

Go Bulldogs!!!!!!

Deuce
11-15-2012, 11:01 AM
Is Wylie even close to being healthy yet? I think they win this one easily.

regaleagle
11-15-2012, 11:10 AM
OK.....Gee, I hope Wylie isn't taking this game too lightly! Afterall, MV does have 8 wins this season. I really don't know much about MV, but any team that is in the playoffs with 8 wins must have done some things right this season, and will continue to do those things to win. How's that, ccmom???

:1popcorn: :2thumbsup :taunt: :fnypost: :wave: :D

Pendragon13
11-15-2012, 11:20 AM
Is Wylie even close to being healthy yet? I think they win this one easily.Our #1 Rb has been back for the past two games, another was suited up Friday but didn't play...and then there are a couple that probably won't be back. We had a new injury at LB friday but I don't know the status of that one..

Bullaholic
11-15-2012, 11:25 AM
Our #1 Rb has been back for the past two games, another was suited up Friday but didn't play...and then there are a couple that probably won't be back. We had a new injury at LB friday but I don't know the status of that one..

Skeered ain't ya....;)

Hope all the players can get well for down the playoff road...good luck.

Pendragon13
11-15-2012, 11:26 AM
OK.....Gee, I hope Wylie isn't taking this game too lightly! Afterall, MV does have 8 wins this season. I really don't know much about MV, but any team that is in the playoffs with 8 wins must have done some things right this season, and will continue to do those things to win. How's that, ccmom???

:1popcorn: :2thumbsup :taunt: :fnypost: :wave: :DThe problem is that all of those wins were against El Paso/far west Texas schools that most people don't know about. Historically, anything west of Odessa usually doesn't do very well against other regions. The Panhandle has some decent teams though..

Grahamcheerdad
11-15-2012, 11:56 AM
If everybody on Wylie is healthy they will be tough for anyone to handle

franz
11-15-2012, 12:55 PM
Wylie 47-10

Bosqueville
11-15-2012, 01:26 PM
Backups in by late 3rd.

Inmateboss
11-15-2012, 03:25 PM
Man that's is a tough one!!!! I'm gonna say Wylie by oh say 21!!!!

Expect to win, Play to win!!! Go Graham Steers
Go # 5

hollywood
11-15-2012, 03:31 PM
I thought AW had a bye this week and ccmom, franz, pendragon13, and slingshot were meeting Clint in Mountain View for a tequila run? :vrycnfsd:

ccmom
11-15-2012, 03:58 PM
On a side note....

I know it has been discussed that the oil boom has caused it to become a problem to find hotels in the Midland/Odessa area. Anyway, Abilene High, Abilene Cooper and Abilene Wylie are all playing El Paso teams in Odessa this weekend. The local news did a story comparing pricing of hotels in Abilene vs hotels in Odessa. The Super 8 Motel in Odessa is charging $180 a night! Whoa! :eek:

toddg
11-15-2012, 04:04 PM
On a side note....

I know it has been discussed that the oil boom has caused it to become a problem to find hotels in the Midland/Odessa area. Anyway, Abilene High, Abilene Cooper and Abilene Wylie are all playing El Paso teams in Odessa this weekend. The local news did a story comparing pricing of hotels in Abilene vs hotels in Odessa. The Super 8 Motel in Odessa is charging $180 a night! Whoa! :eek:

thats crazy! like a crazy straw!

Tiganut
11-15-2012, 04:18 PM
On a side note....

I work in Midland everyday. Holiday Inn Express has charged some of our employees $329 a night, and trust me they didnt act any smarter after staying there!!!:rolleyes:

ccmom
11-15-2012, 04:24 PM
I work in Midland everyday. Holiday Inn Express has charged some of our employees $329 a night, and trust me they didnt act any smarter after staying there!!!:rolleyes:

LOL. Wow...that is unreal. We got a cheaper rate a nice hotel in Garland for state volleyball than we can get a night at a Super 8 in Odessa. Crazy, crazy...:twitch:

Sville
11-15-2012, 04:58 PM
Tick tock!

ccmom
11-15-2012, 10:53 PM
http://m.reporternews.com/news/2012/nov/15/no-2-bulldogs-open-playoffs-against-district-3/

No. 2 Wylie (10-0) vs. Clint Mountain View (8-2)

7:30 P.M. TODAYHRATLIFF STADIUM, ODESSA HKEAN 105.1 FMWhat's riding on the game: Each team's season. This is the playoffs, where winners advance and losers move on to basketball. If team's can't get fired up under those circumstances, you have to wonder how they got this far in the first place. "There's no doubt about it, the intensity is higher and the importance of every play is magnified," Wylie coach Hugh Sandifer said. "It's just playoff football. Everybody that gets into this deal knows it's win or go home, so you better have you're A game every Friday night no matter who you're playing."

Last week: Wylie got 223 rushing yards and three touchdowns from Garrett Martin in a 55-20 win that sealed the Bulldogs' first district championship since 2009. Mountain View rolled Anthony 62-14 to share the District 3-3A title with Clint. Tonight's matchup will be the first meeting ever between the two schools.

Scouting Mountain View: The Lobos, who have outscored opponents 332-145 this season, enter the playoffs averaging 371.6 yards and 33.2 points per game. Tailback Jesus Flores (97-859, 13 TDs) leads a running game that has piled up 2,569 yards this season, while quarterback Armando Anchondo has passed for 1,116 yards, rushed for 605 and accounted for 20 total touchdowns. Marcos Flores leads the Mountain View defense with 107 total tackles, while Fabian Reyes has tallied 90 tackles and a team-high 15 sacks and Anchondo and Hugo Garcia share the team lead with two interceptions.

Bulldogs update: With his big game last week, Martin went over the 1,000-yard rushing mark for the second consecutive season. Despite missing two games because of an ankle injury, the senior tailback has run 1,159 yards and 11 TDs. The Bulldogs also got their third defensive TD of the season in on a 36-yard interception return from Patrick Walker. Walker had two picks in that game to give him a team-high four for the season. Cornerback Shante Brown is second on that list with three.

What the Bulldogs need to do to win: Control their emotions. The Bulldogs have done an extraordinary job this season of preparing week to week and playing their game regardless of the opponent. If that trend continues tonight, they should win comfortably and advance to the area round next week against the winner of Andrews (6-4) and Borger (3-7). But excitement and pressure of the playoffs can be overwhelming for some, so the Wylie players will need to focus even more than normal on the task at hand.

Daniel Youngblood's prediction: Wylie 42, Mountain View 14.

defense51
11-15-2012, 10:56 PM
AW by 28+

ccmom
11-15-2012, 10:58 PM
http://m.reporternews.com/news/2012/nov/15/no-2-bulldogs-open-playoffs-against-district-3/

No. 2 Wylie (10-0) vs. Clint Mountain View (8-2)

7:30 P.M. TODAYHRATLIFF STADIUM, ODESSA HKEAN 105.1 FMWhat's riding on the game: Each team's season. This is the playoffs, where winners advance and losers move on to basketball. If team's can't get fired up under those circumstances, you have to wonder how they got this far in the first place. "There's no doubt about it, the intensity is higher and the importance of every play is magnified," Wylie coach Hugh Sandifer said. "It's just playoff football. Everybody that gets into this deal knows it's win or go home, so you better have you're A game every Friday night no matter who you're playing."

Last week: Wylie got 223 rushing yards and three touchdowns from Garrett Martin in a 55-20 win that sealed the Bulldogs' first district championship since 2009. Mountain View rolled Anthony 62-14 to share the District 3-3A title with Clint. Tonight's matchup will be the first meeting ever between the two schools.

Scouting Mountain View: The Lobos, who have outscored opponents 332-145 this season, enter the playoffs averaging 371.6 yards and 33.2 points per game. Tailback Jesus Flores (97-859, 13 TDs) leads a running game that has piled up 2,569 yards this season, while quarterback Armando Anchondo has passed for 1,116 yards, rushed for 605 and accounted for 20 total touchdowns. Marcos Flores leads the Mountain View defense with 107 total tackles, while Fabian Reyes has tallied 90 tackles and a team-high 15 sacks and Anchondo and Hugo Garcia share the team lead with two interceptions.

Bulldogs update: With his big game last week, Martin went over the 1,000-yard rushing mark for the second consecutive season. Despite missing two games because of an ankle injury, the senior tailback has run 1,159 yards and 11 TDs. The Bulldogs also got their third defensive TD of the season in on a 36-yard interception return from Patrick Walker. Walker had two picks in that game to give him a team-high four for the season. Cornerback Shante Brown is second on that list with three.

What the Bulldogs need to do to win: Control their emotions. The Bulldogs have done an extraordinary job this season of preparing week to week and playing their game regardless of the opponent. If that trend continues tonight, they should win comfortably and advance to the area round next week against the winner of Andrews (6-4) and Borger (3-7). But excitement and pressure of the playoffs can be overwhelming for some, so the Wylie players will need to focus even more than normal on the task at hand.

Daniel Youngblood's prediction: Wylie 42, Mountain View 14.

ccmom
11-15-2012, 11:02 PM
I'm not sure why that posted twice and the edit is doing weird stuff. Oh well...Go Dawgs!

regaleagle
11-15-2012, 11:54 PM
LOL. Wow...that is unreal. We got a cheaper rate a nice hotel in Garland for state volleyball than we can get a night at a Super 8 in Odessa. Crazy, crazy...:twitch:

Just rent an RV for the weekend and tailgate it like a Nascar event, lol.

M-town lobo fan
11-16-2012, 12:10 AM
Wylie 63-0 trust me..that might by half

garciap77
11-16-2012, 07:56 AM
Wylie by 7!:2thumbsup

Few weeks back same room was $350-$400 all over town.

CP3Dad
11-16-2012, 10:08 AM
With Jesus running the ball, there's always a chance....but Wylie by 35!!!

ccmom
11-16-2012, 10:12 AM
With Jesus running the ball, there's always a chance....but Wylie by 35!!!

Haha...welcome to the board!

franz
11-16-2012, 10:24 AM
Wylie by 7!:2thumbsup

Garciap77 changes name to modest garciap77

nobogey72
11-16-2012, 10:58 AM
Garciap77 changes name to modest garciap77

I think actually it would be modesto .....

Pendragon13
11-16-2012, 11:09 AM
I'm pretty confident we'll get the W in this one, but the score may not look like we expect.....if we get them down early Sandifer will empty the bench in the second half while most of the starters become spectators.

Sweetwater Red
11-16-2012, 11:12 AM

Sounds like your company needs to hire my travel agent. She booked a king non-smoking room for me for tonight at the HIE just two miles down the road from Ratliff for $175 (tax included).

Here's the link if anybody is interested. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g56385-d1216777-Reviews-Holiday_Inn_Express_Hotel_Suites_Odessa-Odessa_Texas.html

YTBulldogs
11-16-2012, 11:14 AM
If this is the Clint team from El Paso way, AW wins by more than 50.

ccmom
11-16-2012, 11:18 AM
I think actually it would be modesto .....:spitlol:

garciap77
11-16-2012, 02:03 PM
Friday Night

Mostly cloudy. Low of 43F. Winds from the SE at 5 to 15 mph.

Go Bulldogs!!!!!!!!!!

garciap77
11-16-2012, 02:10 PM
I think actually it would be modesto .....

HaHa!!! Good job. I told you to use translate.google.com!;)

P.S. I need another loan. I want to invest some more money in Papa John's!!!!:evillol: