PDA

View Full Version : Krum vs Celina

Bullaholic
11-15-2012, 10:27 AM
I think the orange and blue Bobcats take this one..:D

I'm going with Celina by 7 in this one, only because of their playoff history and tradition, and this is Krum's first dance.

Seems like a lot of the old Celina faithful are MIA on the board---they used to be legion on here come playoffs, and I hope bobcatdad can find a few more Krum fans to jump on here.

firstdown
11-15-2012, 10:37 AM
I'm going to this game, Krum intrigues me. What time does this game start? Downlow has 7 the local paper has 7:30.

Bullaholic
11-15-2012, 10:43 AM
I'm going to this game, Krum intrigues me. What time does this game start? Downlow has 7 the local paper has 7:30.

LHPM and P4S both have 7:00pm in their playoff threads. Thought about going to this one myself, but I don't know for sure if I can make it yet. 38 miles is not far to drive to see a good 3A playoff game. I think Krum is the real deal---they only lost to Gainesville 20-19 and beat everyone else pretty good.

firstdown
11-15-2012, 11:09 AM
LHPM and P4S both have 7:00pm in their playoff threads. Thought about going to this one myself, but I don't know for sure if I can make it yet. 38 miles is not far to drive to see a good 3A playoff game. I think Krum is the real deal---they only lost to Gainesville 20-19 and beat everyone else pretty good.

Alrighty then I'll be there at 7 I'd rather be early then late anyway. As for Krum tonight should let everyone know how real they are, I highly doubt that Coach Elliott will let his bunch take Krum lightly. I do wonder how Krum will handle the win or go home aspect of the playoffs. Celina is a good team thats been there and done that, as for last week they ran into a buzz-saw they should win but I wouldn't be surprised if Krum does.

Bullaholic
11-15-2012, 11:09 AM
I think the orange and blue Bobcats take this one..:D

I'm going with Celina by 7 in this one, only because of their playoff history and tradition, and this is Krum's first dance.

Seems like a lot of the old Celina faithful are MIA on the board---they used to be legion on here come playoffs, and I hope bobcatdad can find a few more Krum fans to jump on here.

Er, make that Krumdad instead of bobcatdad....sorry.

Farmersfan
11-15-2012, 11:10 AM

The Farmers (2A) played Krum in week 2 of the season and lost by 2 points. The Farmers had a 2 pt conversion pass dropped in the endzone with 5 seconds left in the game to lose by 2. I know at the time I was not at all impressed with Krum. They were big but them seemed pretty slow as a team to me. So either they have improved quite a bit or I didn't judge them rightly in the beginning. But I don't think so. The only team Krum has played this season with a better Max-preps rating than the Farmers was Gainesville and they lost that game. Decatur, Sanger, Bridgeport, Hirshci, burkburnett, Paradise, Alvord and Caddo Mills (and include the Farmers in that if you want) would probably be the easiest schedule in 3A and possibly 2A. I think Celina probably rips them a new one.

Bullaholic
11-15-2012, 11:14 AM
The Farmers (2A) played Krum in week 2 of the season and lost by 2 points. The Farmers had a 2 pt conversion pass dropped in the endzone with 5 seconds left in the game to lose by 2. I know at the time I was not at all impressed with Krum. They were big but them seemed pretty slow as a team to me. So either they have improved quite a bit or I didn't judge them rightly in the beginning. But I don't think so. The only team Krum has played this season with a better Max-preps rating than the Farmers was Gainesville and they lost that game. Decatur, Sanger, Bridgeport, Hirshci, burkburnett, Paradise, Alvord and Caddo Mills (and include the Farmers in that if you want) would probably be the easiest schedule in 3A and possibly 2A. I think Celina probably rips them a new one.

Farmer, Krum hung with Gainesville for 4 Quarters and lost by 1 pt. Believe me, Gainesville is for real---tremendous speed, and Krum stayed close---they are for real.

Krumdad
11-15-2012, 11:14 AM
The tickets say 7:30, but my son said its at 7. I'll be there early either way. I'm going with the Blue Bobcats on this one. I think it will be very close much like the Gainesville game.

Bullaholic
11-15-2012, 11:19 AM
The tickets say 7:30, but my son said its at 7. I'll be there early either way. I'm going with the Blue Bobcats on this one. I think it will be very close much like the Gainesville game.

Happy for you and your son, and all the Krum Bobcats, Krumdad. There is nothing like the HS playoff football atmosphere in Texas---especially when you have a son playing on your hometown's team. Best of luck to your son and Krum for a clean, well-played, and injury-free game. I think you will see a good un'. Celina brings an orange horde, and that really contributes to the event.

Krumdad
11-15-2012, 11:21 AM
I think Farmersfan is just mad that a new team came to his town and beat them at homecoming.

Pick6
11-15-2012, 11:26 AM
Farmer, Krum hung with Gainesville for 4 Quarters and lost by 1 pt. Believe me, Gainesville is for real---tremendous speed, and Krum stayed close---they are for real.

They hung with Gainesville because of turnovers. Celina wins big tonight.

regaleagle
11-15-2012, 11:39 AM
I'm not making a prediction in this one, but would just like to interject a HUGE WELCOME to the the Krum Bobcats to the 3A playoff scene. Tonite will be a first for all the Krumites out there, so I'm certain the stadium will be full of Blue and Orange. You can bet the Celina faithful will be there en masse to root their Bobcats to victory. It should be a very exciting time for all in attendance. I remember not that many years ago when Argyle entered as a new school into our first playoff game. It was so satisfying to see the whole town come together in support of the kids. And then the next season we went on to the 2A SC game. WOW. And my son was a Jr. playing on a team most people had never heard of. It was fantastic. I wish I could be at this game in Denton tonite.

firstdown
11-15-2012, 11:42 AM

Hmmm... I'm guessing that for the first time in a long time (maybe ever)the Celina fans aren't sure what their team is. It must be a little disconcerting for them to be in that position. That being said I'm sure they will show up in force tonight and root for their boys to send the Krums boys to the gym.

I remember when we first played Celina and they took us to the woodshed, then when basketball came around we returned the favor. That night in Celina as we hung a hundred on them the Celina student section was chanting "Argyle basketball rah rah rah Argyle football ha ha ha" it was quite entertaining.

Bullaholic
11-15-2012, 11:43 AM
I think Farmersfan is just mad that a new team came to his town and beat them at homecoming.

Actually, he's mad because he tore a hole in his favorite Tony Romo jersey....:D

NTFan
11-15-2012, 11:44 AM
Celina big in this one. Krum has not seen the in-your-face press man coverage that they will see tonight, and won't be prepared for it. They also haven't seen the run game they will encounter tonight. My prediction is Celina rushes for about 400 yards.

Celina 35
Krum 7

wait.......Celina will remember all the butt kicking's Krum has handed to them over the years in basketball and that will cost them a touchdown or two......lol.

Celina 48
Krum 7

MajorApplehorn
11-15-2012, 11:49 AM
I am gonna go with Celina by as many as they want. Nice year, Krum. Celina is not like anyone on your schedule, and they are mad after last week. Probably won't be pretty.

regaleagle
11-15-2012, 11:52 AM
Yes, firstdown. Argyle has grown up now haven't we. Seems like it doesn't matter what the kids are competing in, they just do well. We did take a few tough knocks early in those first couple of years, but we competed well and won! Krum is doing much the same. I know they will be a force in basketball, but this football season has to be a total thrill for the townsfolk. I am so happy for them...just like I was and still am for Argyle. This is a great time of the year, and I hope everyone realizes these times are precious. Love life, and be the best person you can be while you can is all I have to say. Good luck to both Celina and Krum in tonite's big game, and to all others playing on fields across our great state tonite. Let the games begin!!!

bobcat1
11-15-2012, 11:57 AM
I'll agree with firstdown. I really am not sure what we have. I know they have talent and good coaches. Some of the team is young and some are seniors. We will know a little more tonight. Here's to an injury free game with good sportsmanship on both sides. I think the Orange Bobcats win this one. :2thumbsup

Farmersfan
11-15-2012, 12:08 PM

I think their "For realness" will be determined this weekend. I don't think the schedules or records give a accurate picture. I'll pick Gainesville by 10 over Lonestar who Celina beat by 50+. What does that indicate about the score of the Krum/Celina game?

regaleagle
11-15-2012, 12:15 PM
Hey Bobcat1, is there an internet broadcast that I can listen in on tonite?

Bullaholic
11-15-2012, 12:17 PM

Try this, regal...

http://www.meridix.com/schedule.php?liveid=krumbroadcasting

Farmersfan
11-15-2012, 12:23 PM

Of course if someone predicts against your team it must be for other reasons! I actually have nothing against Krum and will be pulling for you guys. But let's be realists. I understand anything can happen on any given night but 9 out of 10 times Celina would beat Krum by 40 points. Gainesville will probably beat Lonestar but not by much. Celina destroyed Lonestar by 50+........................ Think about it!

firstdown
11-15-2012, 12:25 PM
Nice write up on the playoff debut of the boys in blue...

http://www.dentonrc.com/sports/high-schools/krum-bobcats/krum-bobcats-headlines/20121114-football-krum-set-for-playoff-debut-tonight-against-celina.ece

marler1972
11-15-2012, 12:51 PM
Game is at 7:30, We win. Last weeks beating woke us up.

Bosqueville
11-15-2012, 01:24 PM
Game is at 7:30, We win. Last weeks beating woke us up.

Better hope so! All hell will break loose in Celina if they drop this one.

Krumdad
11-15-2012, 01:34 PM
I don't have a problem with someone predicting against my team. The problem comes when the prediction is based on someone thinking Krum is not good based on the caliber of teams played or the way the other teams played. It seems like every week everyone said just wait untill next week when Krum plays this team or that team. We waited and we won. When we did win it was only because the other teams fumbles or throwing interceptions, etc. If I remember right those turnovers were caused by our defense. I don't think their players handed the ball to us and said " here take the ball, we are going to let you win tonight". Granted we didn't win against Gainesville but we only lost by one point that was scored within the last 4 seconds of the game during the last play I the game.
I'm sure if we win tonight it will only be because Celina had a bad night. Or my favorite excuse is, if only you would have played us last year.

I just wish my son wasn't graduating so I could hear everyone's excuses next year.

I'm done. No hard feelings. Should be a good game!!

sandbagger
11-15-2012, 02:26 PM
Better hope so! All hell will break loose in Celina if they drop this one.

All hell has quitely broke loose for a few years now. The powers that be thought if they played a week nondis. sch. and put up 50 every fri. that would keep the myth alive but most people now know its has been all smoke and mirrors the last several years. Celina wins this but there getting the basketball aired up.

gatordaze
11-15-2012, 02:28 PM
Last week the boys were told to go out and have fun and that the outcome really did not matter. I am not sure how much fun was had but the outcome was not enjoyable. This week there are 38 Seniors and 37 of them are about to play their last football game UNLESS they decide that the outcome does matter. I have 2 Seniors on this team and I am not looking forward to the emotions associated with that last game. My boys are playing their 14th season of football (including 4 seasons of winter select from 5th-8th grades). Only one is moving on. Most of us dads that played would give much to play just one more game. There are a whole lot of tomorrows but very few tonights. I hope they can make the best of them.

Bullaholic
11-15-2012, 02:38 PM
Intangibles:

Celina coming off of short week, Krum coming off of bye week.

firstdown
11-15-2012, 02:44 PM
Last week the boys were told to go out and have fun and that the outcome really did not matter.

Wow...was that message ever delivered in the past? The Celina I remember played every game, every play like their lives depended on it. What's this world coming to?

RPF2666
11-15-2012, 02:45 PM
Celina would probably liked to have played LAST Saturday if Krum would have agreed to it...

Bullaholic
11-15-2012, 02:48 PM
Wow...was that message ever delivered in the past? The Celina I remember played every game, every play like their lives depended on it. What's this world coming to?

My mouth is open, too, firstdown. Never heard such out of Celina. Seems like a lot of team's fans are taking the "if-we're-not-10-0-and-world-beaters" we don't get too excited approach lately. Guess we'll just have to dig up some 2010 Brownwood fans to get Celina primed...:D

MajorApplehorn
11-15-2012, 03:00 PM
Intangibles:

Celina coming off of short week, Krum coming off of bye week.

True, but Celina was coming off a bye week at home last week for the District Championship and got it handed to them. Me thinks they are a little angry...

Inmateboss
11-15-2012, 03:21 PM
Krum wins it !!!

Expect to win, Play to win!!! Go Graham Steers
Go # 5

gatordaze
11-15-2012, 03:38 PM
One other thing to consider, Argyle is in Celina's path. Celina has yet to show all of their playbook. Could it be that pulling out all stops to beat Argyle the first time might be a disadvantage if they should play them again? I am not sure that I saw a lot of creativity either offensively or defensively. As there is no tomorrow, I am sure that you will now see everything that Celina has needed to get the job done. It is a huge gamble to play it that way as you could demoralize your team. I really do not have a sense for what Coach Elliott might be doing. If they get on a roll an beat Argyle in a rematch it will be the biggest rope-a-dope since Ali!

firstdown
11-15-2012, 03:48 PM
I agree Gator we played it very vanilla too. I hope we get to play again so we can both pull out all the stops. Good luck tonight, I'll be there cheering for the cats in Orange.

bobcat1
11-15-2012, 05:10 PM

Try this, regal...

http://www.meridix.com/schedule.php?liveid=krumbroadcasting Or this: http://www.homeofthebobcats.com/#

CHS_89
11-15-2012, 05:13 PM
This has been an unusual season for Celina...very experimental. I was expecting a better showing against Argyle...so I don't know what we have or how to predict this one. The new season starts tonight and its win or go home. Good luck to both teams and I pray for no injuries. Going to go with Celina in this one, but I will not be surprised at all if Krum makes a game of it.

bobcat1
11-15-2012, 05:16 PM

I don't have a problem with someone predicting against my team. The problem comes when the prediction is based on someone thinking Krum is not good based on the caliber of teams played or the way the other teams played. It seems like every week everyone said just wait untill next week when Krum plays this team or that team. We waited and we won. When we did win it was only because the other teams fumbles or throwing interceptions, etc. If I remember right those turnovers were caused by our defense. I don't think their players handed the ball to us and said " here take the ball, we are going to let you win tonight". Granted we didn't win against Gainesville but we only lost by one point that was scored within the last 4 seconds of the game during the last play I the game.
I'm sure if we win tonight it will only be because Celina had a bad night. Or my favorite excuse is, if only you would have played us last year.

I just wish my son wasn't graduating so I could hear everyone's excuses next year.

I'm done. No hard feelings. Should be a good game!!

Good luck to your son tonight. Heck they say Celina never plays anyone either. Tonight 2 teams meet. Both deserve respect. May the best team win.

bobcat1
11-15-2012, 05:19 PM

Last week the boys were told to go out and have fun and that the outcome really did not matter. I am not sure how much fun was had but the outcome was not enjoyable. This week there are 38 Seniors and 37 of them are about to play their last football game UNLESS they decide that the outcome does matter. I have 2 Seniors on this team and I am not looking forward to the emotions associated with that last game. My boys are playing their 14th season of football (including 4 seasons of winter select from 5th-8th grades). Only one is moving on. Most of us dads that played would give much to play just one more game. There are a whole lot of tomorrows but very few tonights. I hope they can make the best of them.

Good luck to 2 of my favorite players tonight. You're a lucky man gatordaze.

CelinaCatFan
11-15-2012, 06:25 PM
Hmmm... I'm guessing that for the first time in a long time (maybe ever)the Celina fans aren't sure what their team is. It must be a little disconcerting for them to be in that position. That being said I'm sure they will show up in force tonight and root for their boys to send the Krums boys to the gym.

I remember when we first played Celina and they took us to the woodshed, then when basketball came around we returned the favor. That night in Celina as we hung a hundred on them the Celina student section was chanting "Argyle basketball rah rah rah Argyle football ha ha ha" it was quite entertaining.

Question for Argyle...A few years back in 2A (when Celina was in the same district as Argyle, Ponder, and Krum) the Celina boys beat Argyle in basketball (at Argyle). At the time, it was Argyle's first home loss ever in basketball. Have the Argyle boys lost, at home, in basketball since?

bobcat1
11-15-2012, 08:04 PM
http://www.meridix.com/everywhere.php?liveid=Krumbroadcasting

http://www.931kmkt.com/

Click listen live on either one,

regaleagle
11-15-2012, 08:20 PM
Question for Argyle...A few years back in 2A (when Celina was in the same district as Argyle, Ponder, and Krum) the Celina boys beat Argyle in basketball (at Argyle). At the time, it was Argyle's first home loss ever in basketball. Have the Argyle boys lost, at home, in basketball since?

Heck, that was 8 yrs. ago I believe. I'm thinking somebody must've beaten us at home somewhere down the line since then, but I just couldn't tell you if it has happened or not. I mean we have won district every single year and gone to the playoffs every single year....so I really can't say if somebody came into Argyle and beat us. It might have been somebody in non-district...maybe a 4A we played like Dunbar or one of those kind of teams. We usually don't have many losses each year though.

BullBoy
11-15-2012, 08:24 PM
Try this, regal...

http://www.meridix.com/schedule.php?liveid=krumbroadcasting

Can't seem to get this to work.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it.

Good luck to both teams, rooting for Krum in this one (gotta support the teams in our district.)

bobcat1
11-15-2012, 08:30 PM
Can't seem to get this to work.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it.

Good luck to both teams, rooting for Krum in this one (gotta support the teams in our district.)http://www.meridix.com/everywhere.php?liveid=Krumbroadcasting

Works for me. Just click it then listen live.

regaleagle
11-15-2012, 08:33 PM
Bullboy, I've got the game loud and clear.

bobcat1
11-15-2012, 08:39 PM
3-0 Celina

bobcat1
11-15-2012, 08:45 PM
Krum 7 Celina 3

bobcat1
11-15-2012, 08:51 PM
Celina 10 Krum 7

regaleagle
11-15-2012, 08:53 PM
Sounds like Celina moved it right down the field on that possession.

regaleagle
11-15-2012, 08:56 PM
I think Krum will have a tough time running the ball against Celina tonite. They'll have to go to the air and mix in some runs to be successful on drives.

regaleagle
11-15-2012, 08:59 PM
Wow, Deshaun Davis takes it 95 yds for a TD, but the play is called back for holding against Celina.

bobcat1
11-15-2012, 09:00 PM
End of 1st C10-K7

regaleagle
11-15-2012, 09:03 PM
Now Davis takes it from the Celina 2 to the Krum 42 on the next play.

bobcat1
11-15-2012, 09:04 PM
Celina 17- Krum 7

regaleagle
11-15-2012, 09:05 PM
Celina hits a pass play down to the 2. On the next play, Sims takes it over the goal, the ball is ripped free and recovered by Krum, but the officials rule the ball crossed the goal line before the fumble. So it's a Celina Td. Now it's 17-10 Celina.

CHS_89
11-15-2012, 09:06 PM
97 yards in 3 plays...

bobcat1
11-15-2012, 09:09 PM
Penalties every play against Celina it seems.

regaleagle
11-15-2012, 09:09 PM
Correction. Celina 17 Krum 7. Lots of penalties going on here, most by Celina.

CHS_89
11-15-2012, 09:12 PM
Lots of flags...

bobcat1
11-15-2012, 09:12 PM
3and 20 incomplete but Celina commits another stupid penalty.... roughing the passer. 1st and ten Krum. Another flag Offsides Celina. 1st and 5 at the 16

bobcat1
11-15-2012, 09:15 PM
TD Krum another flag this time on Krum Dead ball against Krum. Too much celebration I guess. Celina 17- Krum 14

regaleagle
11-15-2012, 09:15 PM
Now Krum qb throws another TD pass, and the reciever is called for taunting celebration . The penalty will be marked off after the extra point on the kickoff.

Celina 17
Krum 14

bobcat1
11-15-2012, 09:16 PM
Flags every play on somebody

regaleagle
11-15-2012, 09:17 PM
Goodness, a Celina Bobcat runs the kickoff back to about the 20 yd. line of Krum, but another flag is thrown on Celina for a block in the back.

bobcat1
11-15-2012, 09:18 PM
Celina fumbles Krum ball from their 47.

regaleagle
11-15-2012, 09:19 PM
Now Celina fumbles on the Krum 43 and Krum recovers the ball. Deshuan Davis has fumbled and Krum will take over

regaleagle
11-15-2012, 09:20 PM
Bobcat1 is quicker than me on the typing and the call. There is probably a delay in the broadcast from real gametime action.

bobcat1
11-15-2012, 09:23 PM
Flags Flags and more flags. Terrible Krum 2nd and goal from the 6

bobcat1
11-15-2012, 09:23 PM
TD Krum now leads 21-17

CHS_89
11-15-2012, 09:24 PM
Penalties killing Celina...fumbles don't help either.

regaleagle
11-15-2012, 09:24 PM
Now Celina knocks down the reciever close to the end zone while the Celina dback interepts it. Another penalty takes it half the distance to the goal.

regaleagle
11-15-2012, 09:25 PM
Krum scores on a pass play that picked the secondary man for a clear pass from 6 yds. out.

Krum 21
Celina 17

bobcat1
11-15-2012, 09:25 PM
I'm listening to the Krum broadcast. The Celina broadcast must be lagging

regaleagle
11-15-2012, 09:27 PM
Penalties are just killing Celina. Krum is taking advantage of those penalties.

regaleagle
11-15-2012, 09:29 PM
A long pass pass play by Celina is negated by a deadball flag against Krum for a sideline call.

bobcat1
11-15-2012, 09:31 PM
Flags Flags Flags 1st down Celina at Krum's 12

regaleagle
11-15-2012, 09:31 PM
Here comes another flag against Krum for a free play for Celina on an incomplete pass. Crazy game full of flags. Now on the very next play a facemask against Krum.

regaleagle
11-15-2012, 09:32 PM
BAll on the Krum 11 now.

CHS_89
11-15-2012, 09:32 PM
Touchdown Celina...and no flags.

bobcat1
11-15-2012, 09:33 PM
Celina scores and lead 24-21.

regaleagle
11-15-2012, 09:38 PM
Ok, too many commercials at the wrong time on the Celina Broadcast. I switched over to the Krum Broadcast. They actually switched to a commercial while Celina was fixing to score, lol.

defense51
11-15-2012, 09:39 PM
Go Bobcats!!!

bobcat1
11-15-2012, 09:40 PM
TD Krum. They lead now 27- 24 1:18 left Krum went for 2 and got stopped

regaleagle
11-15-2012, 09:40 PM
Now Krum scores on a long reverse 33 yds. for TD. Krum goes for 2 and is stopped short.

Krum 27
Celina 24

1:04 left in 1st half

CHS_89
11-15-2012, 09:42 PM
I like the Krum broadcast app on the computer screen. Shows field position, etc. announcers, not so much..

bobcat1
11-15-2012, 09:42 PM
Neither team can stop the other one yet. Celina returns in to Krum's 41

regaleagle
11-15-2012, 09:43 PM
Somebody explain Krum going for 2 on that last score. An PAT would have given them a 4 pt. lead. A coaching error maybe????

bobcat1
11-15-2012, 09:44 PM
Celina takes it to the 12. !st down 33 seconds in the half.

regaleagle
11-15-2012, 09:44 PM
Celina has the ball at the Krum 12 yd. line with 33 secs. left in the half

bobcat1
11-15-2012, 09:45 PM
Celina scores. Now lead 31-27 over Krum

MUSTANG69
Sounds like Krum is the real deal and they are giving Celina one hell of a game.

Are the refs being flag happy or are the penalties legit?

regaleagle
Celina scores a TD as Elliot throws it with 27 secs. left in the 1st half.

Celina 31
Krum 27

Roughneck93
11-15-2012, 09:47 PM
Wow, crazy game!

CHS_89
11-15-2012, 09:50 PM
Celina has made some huge mistakes that have allowed Krum to stay in this game. 31-27 Celina at the half.

defense51
11-15-2012, 09:50 PM
Plenty of offense in this one!

CHS_89
11-15-2012, 09:58 PM
Halftime penalties: Krum 8 for 65 and Celina 12 for 120.

hollywood
11-15-2012, 10:23 PM
Shoot out! What's the latest

Tejastrue
11-15-2012, 10:34 PM
38-27 Celina mid 3rd qtr.

bobcat1
11-15-2012, 10:47 PM
Celina scores again now leads 45-27 with 1:27 left in the 3rd quarter

Tejastrue
11-15-2012, 10:48 PM
Celina now leads 45-27. 1:27 left in 3rd.

bobcat1
11-15-2012, 10:56 PM
Celina scores again miss the PAT Celina now leads 51-27

regaleagle
11-15-2012, 10:59 PM
Ok, back from dinner and I see Celina has scored and Krum hasn't. Boy these Krum announcers are dry.

regaleagle
11-15-2012, 11:02 PM
I think I'll go back to the Celina broadcast. At least the announcers are exciting to listen to .

CHS_89
11-15-2012, 11:10 PM
Celina scores again. Now 57 to 27 with the pat to come. Injured player down on the field has stopped play. Prayers for that young man.

bobcat1
11-15-2012, 11:11 PM
Ditto, The announcers are dry.

regaleagle
11-15-2012, 11:12 PM
Well, it looks like Celina will advance to the next round here after another Celina score on a long TD run from Fast Willie Sims on a toss play for 60 yds. A Krum player is injured and will be carted off on a stretcher from a leg fracture it appears. Hope that young man will be OK. A timeout here before Celina attempts the PAT. The injury seems to be a very significant leg injury requiring an air cast.

Celina 58
Krum 27

bobcat1
11-15-2012, 11:15 PM
Prayers for the injured player.

regaleagle
11-15-2012, 11:19 PM
Looks like Celina will be playing Madison next week in the area round. Madison defeated Bonham tonite to advance.

bobcat1
11-15-2012, 11:27 PM
I'm done. Night y'all

Both teams are AVERAGE.

Bullaholic
11-16-2012, 10:07 AM
Congrats to the Celina Bobcats for the win, and to the Krum Bobcats for a great season and making the playoffs in their first season of varsity football.

ccmom
11-16-2012, 10:26 AM
Ditto, The announcers are dry.

Wow...."dry" is an understatement. YAWN!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to Celina.

Old&Crusty
11-16-2012, 10:47 AM
Both teams are AVERAGE.

Actually, in comparison to Stephenvilles enrollment of 999, both Krum and Celina are well below average with 460 and 587 respectivly. Thanks for pointing that out.

gatordaze
11-16-2012, 11:02 AM
I actually saw something last night for the first time all season. After the incredibly stupid penalty-fest in the first half, I saw a team that finally decided to step on the throat and finish. Connor Torbert learned what being a fullback is and laid the wood. He opened up the running game almost single handedly. The O-line dominated Krum's D-line. The defense needs to not over penetrate in the A gaps and they will kill the cut back. 2 deep DT, Jake, Forrest, Matt, or Jeremiah cannot be blocked. They can take themselves out of the play. They can be coached up on that. Krum had a salty offense but not a match for Celina in the second half. Next week, we face the speed of Madison, then if all goes well I think Van. If we can get past that we will have the opportunity to face the mighty eagles in a re-match. Be careful what you ask for!

purring kitty
11-16-2012, 11:12 AM
All said and done, Celina earned some dumb penalties early and Krum with late hits, earned some late. It's easy to criticise coaches or refs for calls they make when you don't have to make them. But several calls those guys made were thin(Braylon stumbling backwards over the Krum kid in the end zone - pass interference) for example. When the Krum kids were frustrated late on and got hit with some roughness penalties, a butt chewing by the zebras would not have stopped the game for the twentieth or thirtieth times. Don't know where they found those guys, but anytime the zebras call 270 or so yards in penalties, that's whistle happy in all CAPS. Zebras get an "F" for inconsistent and questionable calls. Anybody got a condition report on the Krum kid who was inured late in the 4th?

bobcat1
11-16-2012, 11:13 AM
Congrats to the Celina Bobcats for the win, and to the Krum Bobcats for a great season and making the playoffs in their first season of varsity football.

My thought exactly. Krum, that is incredible what you accomplished this season. I tip my cap to you.:2thumbsup

gatordaze
11-16-2012, 11:31 AM
All said and done, Celina earned some dumb penalties early and Krum with late hits, earned some late. It's easy to criticise coaches or refs for calls they make when you don't have to make them. But several calls those guys made were thin(Braylon stumbling backwards over the Krum kid in the end zone - pass interference) for example. When the Krum kids were frustrated late on and got hit with some roughness penalties, a butt chewing by the zebras would not have stopped the game for the twentieth or thirtieth times. Don't know where they found those guys, but anytime the zebras call 270 or so yards in penalties, that's whistle happy in all CAPS. Zebras get an "F" for inconsistent and questionable calls. Anybody got a condition report on the Krum kid who was inured late in the 4th?

I don't know how is doing, but I did watch the play on Hudl this morning. It looks as if our 2nd string QB attempted to throw a block on another player when as he bounced off of the block (he is 125 lbs wet) he was thrown backward into the kid that got hurt and took out his leg. I heard on the sideline that he broke both bones in his lower leg. From the position of his foot on film that looks to be the case. I hope that is what happened as that is less traumatic than a knee reconstruction based upon a severe dislocation.

Krumdad
11-16-2012, 11:51 AM
From what I was told last night. He did break both bones below the knee. 1 break in one 2 in the other.

gatordaze
11-16-2012, 11:58 AM
From what I was told last night. He did break both bones below the knee. 1 break in one 2 in the other.

I hate to see that. We had a kid that did something similar a few years ago and had to spend a few months in a wheel chair with an external rod aligning his bones. It looked bad but was really much better than a soft tissue injury in the long run.

Been there done that. We been fighting that battle for years and still could compete with anyone. No disrepect intended but still average. That was a fun game to watch online.

:ditto:
My thought exactly. Krum, that is incredible what you accomplished this season. I tip my cap to you.:2thumbsup:ditto::ditto:

Hope he recovers 100%

Krumdad
11-16-2012, 12:05 PM
Congrats to Celina and all their fans. I'm sure we will meet again next year.