PDA

View Full Version : Diboll - Coldspring

mistanice
09-19-2003, 11:43 PM
The final score was 27-8, Diboll goes to 3-0 and travels to take on 4a Willis. Keep up the good work LUMBERJACKS!

DibollGuy
09-19-2003, 11:58 PM
Very nice Lumberjacks on top by 2 TDs like i predicted nice defensive stance by Coldsprings could have been in the 50s if not for one hella defense by the trojans. Looking up for the next week game in Willis, known to be a powerhouse in 4a. Oh an 69 never showed up heh.

DibollGuy
09-20-2003, 12:05 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by big69:
[QB]Hey I'm not going to fight this kid! Cuz tht's all he is, a KID! I just don't want him giving outragous predictions about Diboll and then making us look bad.

I got a question how is my predictions outragous? I was right wasnt I? I think i know my football team a little better than you do. Im sorry if you want to please ppl on here, im here to back my team up an give them props not underestimate them. All in all football is a game an thats only what it should be let all the pounding be done on the field. Although its good for a few rowdy fans to throw down sometimes :D

j_dog
09-20-2003, 12:10 AM
Congratulations Diboll! Wow! 3 in a row. :cool:

DibollGuy
09-20-2003, 12:14 AM
Seriously alot of people doubt us because of one bad season. One thing people need to know is our Coach Finis Vanouver loves to play his seniors thus alot of the under classman never really get to show there talent. Alot of our game consist of hot passes an handing the ball off, unlike last year with us relying only on Chris Miller the QB. A great season so far hope we keep it up! 3-0!

Bandera YaYa
09-20-2003, 12:15 AM
Congrats on your win....good game!!

Ya Ya!!

DibollGuy
09-20-2003, 12:36 AM
ty ty hope your team does well also :)

hardinplaya
09-20-2003, 02:48 AM
Lets here about the game TrojanMan.....Who does Coldspring open with next week ?

mg
09-20-2003, 09:19 AM
Cold Springs vs. Cleveland

DibollGuy
09-20-2003, 12:43 PM
gl 2 both :)

trojandad
09-20-2003, 01:20 PM
Sorry to be so late, will fill you in.

Diboll was definitely the better team. Offensively they are hitting without errors and utilizing that QB to the max. Nothing long but that's not his specialty, he's good at reading and puts a soft ball to be caught. Jermichael did well until we swapped Sparks over to him and shut him down. All in all it was an example where a good team beats any number of athletes, for sure. My hat's off to them.

Fumbles were our bugaboo again. Granted this QB only had 5 center snap fumbles which beats the heck out of 12 each of the last 2 games, but geez louise. We had 4th and 1 on their 1, and fumbled the snap. First and ten on the 8, fumbled the snap. That's what good teams don't do. That's why Diboll deserved this one.

Looking for good points for us, I haven't seen stat sheets yet but my guess would be that we were within 10% of offensive yards with Diboll. Also, our defense held them to 3 scores as did Carthage, the fourth score came on a interception return from a ball that fluttered after our QB was hit. This was made even better since our starting MLB and DE didn't play much of the 2nd half.

The MLB came out for a poke to the eye that was done by a Diboll player eventually thrown out of the game for his unsportsmanlike conduct. Our DE was cut block at the knee while held up by the OT. He dodged 3 of those blocks but the 4th was so was so severe it shattered his knee brace. I'm extremely angry at Coach Vanover because that DE end is my son and he was in terrible pain all night and we just got back from the Dr. Not good news, guess ti could be worse tho. Yes, I'm being emotional about it and I'm sure I'll settle down, but cut blocks below the knee are illegal and God knows we have the broken brace for proof of where the block repeatedly was.

Anyway, Diboll deserved the win, glad to see #99 made it back for the game, was praying for him.

DibollGuy
09-20-2003, 01:29 PM
That DE on ourside hitting ur son was a Terrance Moore im sorry but the guy is all of 4'2 feet tall he lines up low an hits people low since hes so short. It was a good game hope to have another next week.

trojandad
09-20-2003, 01:37 PM
First off, he's not a DE, he's on offense when he hits our DE, second, he's the RB and he's only doing what he's instructed to do, but his hit is one foot off the ground, he's not one foot tall, he's over 5' tall according to your schools info, he doesn't want to hit high because that's how he's taught. No excuse, illegal block. But that's ok, what goes around comes around.

<small>[ September 20, 2003, 01:39 PM: Message edited by: trojandad ]</small>

mistanice
09-20-2003, 01:41 PM
I wasnt really paying attention that hard to the game although, is ur son going to be ok to play or is it a season ending injury?

trojandad
09-20-2003, 01:53 PM
Won't know till next week, mistanice, thanks for askin bro. Was just a bigger let down last night since scouts came all the way from Missouri. Oh well. Will take all the prayers we can get.

DibollGuy
09-20-2003, 03:04 PM
Sorry i mixed those 2 up an yeah he is doing what he is intructed to do our coach says hit low all the time. Get as low as you can get he says. I guess when someone gets hurt its a problem though. I hope its nothing serious though

mistanice
09-20-2003, 03:34 PM
I know that diboll has been doing that for the past few years. I know we've had small fullbacks where they usually block that way. Just curious, if its an illegal block, shouldnt the ref call it?

trojandad
09-20-2003, 03:59 PM
Yes, very much so, the NCAA ruling is that any receiver or back blocking back against a lineman blindsided is supposed to hit him above the waist. It's called a crackback block. It's the reason they put the rule in. Coach Vanover is smart enough to know that, it's the same silliness as poking fingers in facemasks while under a pile. But he got his win, that's obviously what matters.

Sorry, I knew I wasn't going to be very objective, I'll settle down in a few days.

DibollGuy
09-20-2003, 06:20 PM
Well the kid that did that trojan is gone from the game an possibl the team. Coach V is very serious with stuff like that he wants respects from everyone an he doesnt really tolerate anything bad sportsmanship. The kid was a Jr. an was finally let in the game because the coach thought he deserved it sadly he was wrong.

mistanice
09-20-2003, 06:50 PM
Well Dibollguy, i know number 13 was tossed out of the game, so did he really mean to poke the coldspring's player in the eyes? I know you know the whole scoop about what goes on b4 and after the games. Also, i agree with diboll guy, i know coach vanover doesnt like his guys playing dirty. He wants to play clean and doesnt enforce any bad play upon his players.

Eagles52
09-20-2003, 07:20 PM
I feel for you and your son trojandad and I will be praying for him...we played baytown sterlings jv this past thursday to make up for the two rainouts we've had and on the first punt I was the deep snammper and two of their players illegally hit me and hyperflexed my knee, thankfully its just very sore and should be fine

Eagles52
09-20-2003, 07:23 PM
sorry that should be snapper not snammper lol....and trojandad did you know a man that used to live in cs...a methodist preacher by the name of Paul Thomasson...he has a son Matthew that is a junior but they no longer attend coldspring

DibollGuy
09-20-2003, 07:37 PM
Yes G.L he did mean to an thats not all he did. He poked the kid in the eye an hit im with his fist twice one on the left side of the head an the right. The kids future on the Lumberjack team is pending.

DibollGuy
09-20-2003, 07:53 PM
Anyone have any info on Willis such as rank record or anything that might be interested, this is one of the only team i know little about.

trojandad
09-21-2003, 01:32 PM
Mistanice - the Diboll player poked the LB in the 2nd qtr, he didn't get thrown out until the 4th qtr with the N word and swinging at our #7, he was punching under the pile in the crotch on several players, just silly stuff, no biggie, just cost us a good player......

Eagle52 - man, you must have a straight line to God, Tys knee isn't torn, just stretched, if we can get a new brace made in a week he should be able to play, thank God, and thank you and all of you for your prayers.....Yes, knew Paul, he was a little league baseball coach here, good man......am thankful your leg is good, too.....

RBARKER
09-21-2003, 01:46 PM
Good news for your son trojandad I'm glad that he will be ok.

<small>[ September 21, 2003, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: RBARKER ]</small>

Bandera YaYa
09-21-2003, 08:24 PM
I am sooooooooo glad your son's leg will be OK. I really hate to hear that all happened at the game. That kid should be kicked off the team and it should go on his school record, for any possible college recruits to see. Sounds like someone didn't do their job with this young man. But I'm sure glad he failed to get your son down for long. Sorry your son was in such pain....and I'm glad he has a dad who loves him so much!
PEace and Ya Ya!

Eagles52
09-21-2003, 08:29 PM
Trojandad that is great news about your son, and if you think about it we all have a straight line to God...prayers...I was jw about Mr. Paul as his son and I have been best friends since we were 4 years old and thank you for the positive comment on my leg

trojandad
09-22-2003, 08:35 AM
You guys are top rung.......thanks.....(yes, even you, Ya Ya....lol).....ok, I'm done whining, he's getting refitted for a stronger brace for Friday....as soon as I get some free time I'm gonna make an mpeg so everyone can see the crackback to see what you think, it hurts to watch.....oh, and our MLB's eye looks much better, it was so swollen the eye was shut, he can see out of it now, good news......Yea, big Eagle52, prayer is for everybody, just some of us have a little more fuel behind our prayers than others, thanks big guy.....