PDA

View Full Version : Texas A&M vs Texas... TV Ratings 11/10/12

Rabid Cougar
11-14-2012, 09:52 AM
"The Texas Longhorns played an eleven in the morning kickoff against Iowa State in front of a miniscule television audience on the Longhorn Network. Later that day, at 2:30 central, Texas A&M kicked off against the top rated Alabama Crimson Tide nationwide on CBS. While virtually no one could see the Texas game, the A&M game became the second highest rated football game of the season, behind only last week's Alabama-LSU game."

The article is really about the winners and loosers in the descisions made by ATM and UT ( Not University of Toledo).

http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/texas-vs-texas-am-a-battle-for-future-of-lone-star-state.php

I love it! :thumbsup:

Third
11-14-2012, 10:21 AM
The article brings up some good points while also getting a little Aggie chest thumping in there as well. It's obviously not an unbiased article. I don't know, for me it's not so much that A&M is in the SEC, it's that they're playing some exciting, competitive football right now and Johnny Manziel is simply fun to watch. I never though I would say this but I kinda like that the A&M-Texas football rivalry has ended. It's allowed me to root for A&M this season.

Bullaholic
11-14-2012, 10:24 AM
The article brings up some good points while also getting a little Aggie chest thumping in there as well. It's obviously not an unbiased article. I don't know, for me it's not so much that A&M is in the SEC, it's that they're playing some exciting, competitive football right now and Johnny Manziel is simply fun to watch. I never though I would say this but I kinda like that the A&M-Texas football rivalry has ended. It's allowed me to root for A&M this season.

Kinda get that same feeling in the article---what aTm class was the author in? Still, some good points which will be hard for the UT faithful to swallow, but when the Ags have done more than win one tremendous game, and have sustained such performance over a decade or so, then the aTm chest-thumping will have some long-term validity.

Pick6
11-14-2012, 10:31 AM
Just think, if the cry babies hadn't left they would most likely be in the national title picture.

coach
11-14-2012, 10:43 AM
I read somewhere that if Texas made it to the Cotton Bowl they would ask the committe not to ask ATM. And if they did they would ask to go to the alamo bowl. Im sure this isnt true......but if it is then thats ridiculous....

coach
11-14-2012, 10:44 AM
Just think, if the cry babies hadn't left they would most likely be in the national title picture.

cry babies? Texas is the one crying and saying we wont play anymore bc atm left the conference. Atm did the correct thing and left.

Aesculus gilmus
11-14-2012, 10:44 AM

I agree with you totally here. What is mystifying is why some of the Aggies still want to play Texas or any other team in the state of Texas, for that matter.

msu97
11-14-2012, 10:55 AM
what surprises me is that the amount of money both schools made off of each deal... ATM is quick to point out money for the Longhorn network when they took more money to go to the SEC... who could blame either... both universities are about money... in a year or two Jerrah Jones will drop millions of dollars in the laps of both schools to play their game at Cowboy Stadium and they will both say yes...
Comparing the ratings of CBS v Longhorn network does not require research... any moron knows which one had the better audience... but if you think that Texas is not making more money than ATM off the game, which is all the presidents care about, you are kidding yourself...
whether Aggies like it or not, Texas is still the main money maker in this state... but the Aggies did what was best for them...which makes them more money

coachc45
11-14-2012, 11:11 AM
Kinda get that same feeling in the article---what aTm class was the author in? Still, some good points which will be hard for the UT faithful to swallow, but when the Ags have done more than win one tremendous game, and have sustained such performance over a decade or so, then the aTm chest-thumping will have some long-term validity.

He is a graduate of Vanderbilt University Law school and a Nashville Native. He just seems to find it funny that the Longhorn Network is a collossal fail and that the Aggies are actually benefitting from it more than UT. I tend to find it hilarious myself. Also hilarious, all the people who said aTm would not compete in the SEC.... Theory busted. lol

Oh and this from pick6 "Just think, if the cry babies hadn't left they would most likely be in the national title picture." Really!!!! Haha. Can't find anything else to criticize aTm for, this is what you come up with... Hilarious!

hsbtex
11-14-2012, 11:40 AM
He is a graduate of Vanderbilt University Law school and a Nashville Native. He just seems to find it funny that the Longhorn Network is a collossal fail and that the Aggies are actually benefitting from it more than UT. I tend to find it hilarious myself. Also hilarious, all the people who said aTm would not compete in the SEC.... Theory busted. lol

Oh and this from pick6 "Just think, if the cry babies hadn't left they would most likely be in the national title picture." Really!!!! Haha. Can't find anything else to criticize aTm for, this is what you come up with... Hilarious!
I know, coach...this thread has me laughing too!! The hornies are having to dig deep on this one!

Football fan
11-14-2012, 12:04 PM
I found this article to be entertaining. It was written prior to the Alabama game.

http://www.goodbullhunting.com/2012/11/6/3609228/media-crow-eating-tour-2012-texas-aggies-sec

Txbroadcaster
11-14-2012, 12:12 PM

Who is it a fail for? Not UT..they still get the money..ESPN is the one who thought cable and SAT would bow to their demands, but either way UT gets richer

Phil C
11-14-2012, 12:59 PM
Careful Aggie friends and don't gloat too much because you have some dependance on UT. Manziel has a good chance to win the Heisman if he finishes strong but he still trails Kansas State QB Kline. If UT can beat KSU and make Kleine have a bad day then the chances of Manziel being the first Heisman Trophy winner may be a strong possibility. Cheer for UT the rest of the way. Manziel's Heisman hopes depend on it. :)

Rabid Cougar
11-14-2012, 01:25 PM
Cheer for UT the rest of the way. Manziel's Heisman hopes depend on it. :)

In regards to cheering for UT (not University of Toledo)... NEVER! Manziel will stand on his merits.

OldBison75
11-14-2012, 01:35 PM
This whole argument is pretty childish. No matter the reasons, TAMU and UT are in different conference now. No matter the ratings, UT gets the agreed payout from the Longhorn Network. TAMU gets a big TV check for playing some very good football to be featured on major networks. Both schools win.

As for on the field, TAMU has shown this year that the personnel in the stable were there to be a top team last year and did not get it done. This year the system and coaching have brought out the best in the team. UT has struggled at times this year, especially on defense. They have the talent to be much better. Maybe the key is in the coaching--maybe it is chemistry.

If these two teams have the opportunity to play in a bowl game and one or the other passes, that is a terrible shame. The interest in this game in the state of Texas would be huge. It would draw a huge turnout and a huge television audience. Failing to play over hurt feelings would be a "I'm gonna take my toys and go home" type response. Both sides need to get off the pity wagon and grow up.

This is no different than politics--hell it is politics---for today one side is gaining benefits of where they are and who they are associated with and with a little patience the field will level or tilt the other way. That my friend is life!!!

Rabid Cougar
11-14-2012, 01:54 PM
Aggies ( well at least this Aggie) truely enjoy ANYTHING that causes discomfort, angst and dispair amongst the Orange fatihful. I , myself, can moderately enjoy Baylor and Tech success but I whole heartily detest any success of UT (not University of Toledo). I have friends and relatives who are die hard, degree holding, season ticket owning T-sips (not your run of the mill t-shirt fans). They are unmerciful and I give as good as I receive. It's also a hell of a lot of fun! I've been taking a beating the last couple of years and now it is back to my turn.

Saggy Aggie
11-14-2012, 02:04 PM
I want Texas to pull the upset so that Manziels chances increase in the heisman voting.

Also, I'd like Florida to lose to FSU, ND to lose to USC, Oregon to lose to OSU, Stanford or PAC 12 championship.

If a couple of them can lose and a&m wins out, Manziel will win the heisman and a&m will be guaranteed a BCS bowl

Rabid Cougar
11-14-2012, 02:41 PM
If a couple of them can lose and a&m wins out, Manziel will win the heisman and a&m will be guaranteed a BCS bowl

With A&M winning out, alll the BCS shows are pointing to the Fiesta Bowl vs ND/Oklahoma

Scoop27
11-14-2012, 02:52 PM
Can't until the Longhorns beat TCU on Turkey Day and then Kansas State week later.
Don't know why Aggie fans always want to Call the Longhorn T-sips/
A lack of respect and jealousy
Remember how the Horns shocked the Aggies last year at Kyle Field

Scoop27
11-14-2012, 02:53 PM
Manziel can't hold a stick to Earl Campbell or Vince Young

coach
11-14-2012, 03:09 PM
Manziel can't hold a stick to Earl Campbell or Vince Young

Huh?

msu97
11-14-2012, 03:13 PM
Manziel will not win the Heisman... some of you are young, and do not remember that Georgia had a great running back named herschel walker and he was not only the best running back in the nation, but the best player, but he was I freshman I think... George Rogers won the Heisman that year because voters will not vote a freshman as the winner... Manziel will get to go to New York, but he will recieve a ton of 4th and 5th place votes which will not carry him to the Heisman... even if Klein loses or Mante'o... voters are wierd...
Make no mistake, Manziel will win a Heisman (or 2) before he leaves College Station, but it will not be this year

coachc45
11-14-2012, 04:03 PM
Who is it a fail for? Not UT..they still get the money..ESPN is the one who thought cable and SAT would bow to their demands, but either way UT gets richer

It is a fail for UT.... they thought it would be a 30-40 Million windfall, not a 3-4 million. While that is still a lot of money, it is not worth the hassle it caused. See Mack Brown's comments.

Plus when you are thinking 30-40 dollars and you get 3, do you think that is a fail? Same thing as UT.

Saggy Aggie
11-14-2012, 05:18 PM
Huh?

Lol it's scoop. He never makes sense.

This is the same guy that said a&m doesn't belong in the top 25...

Pick6
11-14-2012, 06:34 PM
cry babies? Texas is the one crying and saying we wont play anymore bc atm left the conference. Atm did the correct thing and left.

yes cry babies. they didn't get their way so they cried and left. they had the chance to keep playing Texas but choose to leave the conference.

Pick6
11-14-2012, 06:46 PM
Can't until the Longhorns beat TCU on Turkey Day and then Kansas State week later.

the Cult at College Station does nothing but teach disrespect towards UT. It's a jealous little bunch down there. They claim they aren't but they talk more about UT than they do about A&M.

Aesculus gilmus
11-14-2012, 06:48 PM

I'll never understand it either. I was pulling for A&M to beat Alabama last Saturday as fiercely as any Aggie even though I bleed orange. To me, loyalty to fellow Texans always trumps school loyalties.

defense51
11-14-2012, 06:55 PM
yes cry babies. they didn't get their way so they cried and left. they had the chance to keep playing Texas but choose to leave the conference.

It was time, and they made the right move!

Emerson1
11-14-2012, 07:21 PM
If you kept everything the same, but swapped A&M and Texas by name then it probably would have been the highest rated game of the year...

Phil C
11-14-2012, 07:26 PM
I feel it would be great if the game were played if both teams win out. I would prefer an out of state bowl though.

Rabid Cougar
11-14-2012, 07:58 PM
If you kept everything the same, but swapped A&M and Texas by name then it probably would have been the highest rated game of the year...

BS! Why would a blow out be a high rated game? UT ( not University of Toledo) couldn't keep its fans in the Cotton Bowl for half a game.

Rabid Cougar
11-14-2012, 08:03 PM

Mack, Is that you? Does it hurt your feelings? You are very correct in the fact that it shows lack of respect, make no mistake about that. I am not sure about how jealous I am of those poor misguided souls.

Saggy Aggie
11-14-2012, 08:04 PM

Fantastic point you made right there loaded with facts. Solid input Emerson

Saggy Aggie
11-14-2012, 08:08 PM
This whole name calling UT/a&m arguing is so stupid.

Just support one another when you're not playing each other. This university if Toledo crap is the most retarded **** I've seen all week. T-sips... Stupid. Faggy or aggy... They're all dumb. Gah... You guys are like a bunch of elementary kids. I can't talk about my school without a bunch of morons wanting to call each other cute little names. Smh

Rabid Cougar
11-14-2012, 08:21 PM
This whole name calling UT/a&m arguing is so stupid.

Just support one another when you're not playing each other. This university if Toledo crap is the most retarded **** I've seen all week. T-sips... Stupid. Faggy or aggy... They're all dumb. Gah... You guys are like a bunch of elementary kids. I can't talk about my school without a bunch of morons wanting to call each other cute little names. Smh

Pot calling the kettle black "Saggy Aggie".

Emerson1
11-14-2012, 08:40 PM
Fantastic point you made right there loaded with facts. Solid input Emerson

You really think that having Texas in that same situation wouldn't have brought bigger ratings?

BS! Why would a blow out be a high rated game? UT ( not University of Toledo) couldn't keep its fans in the Cotton Bowl for half a game.

Reading comprehension is your friend. I said if everything was the exact same and the only difference was the name on the jersey then Texas v. Alabama would have brought bigger ratings.

and you do know saggy goes to a&m?

Saggy Aggie
11-14-2012, 08:51 PM
Pot calling the kettle black "Saggy Aggie".

Yeah.... What's wrong with my name? Both words are spelled correctly. I GO TO A&M RIGHT NOW. I'm clearly not making fun of my own school....

Emerson1
11-14-2012, 08:53 PM
Yeah.... What's wrong with my name? Both words are spelled correctly. I GO TO A&M RIGHT NOW. I'm clearly not making fun of my own school....

sheep lover

Saggy Aggie
11-14-2012, 08:55 PM
You really think that having Texas in that same situation wouldn't have brought bigger ratings?

Hard to say. Anytime before this year, yeah probably. But a&ms bandwagon is as full as it ever will be. If Texas had a player with the hype Manziel has been getting and whatnot then yeah they might've drawn a little bigger crowd based on name but what does that matter at all? You're trying to say a few more people would've watched if it you switched the name? Who cares? The entire point of this thread was dumb anyways. Comparing a nationally televised game to one not nationally televised. Well no shiii the a&m game had more viewers.

Buff42
11-14-2012, 10:06 PM
Aggies ( well at least this Aggie) truely enjoy ANYTHING that causes discomfort, angst and dispair amongst the Orange fatihful. I , myself, can moderately enjoy Baylor and Tech success but I whole heartily detest any success of UT (not University of Toledo). I have friends and relatives who are die hard, degree holding, season ticket owning T-sips (not your run of the mill t-shirt fans). They are unmerciful and I give as good as I receive. It's also a hell of a lot of fun! I've been taking a beating the last couple of years and now it is back to my turn.

:thumbsup:

Buff42
11-14-2012, 10:08 PM

Yeah, because all the teasips are SOOOOOO respectful to Aggies (especially the t-shirt tsips). The term "Aggie" was originated by the pinky-up teasips in Austin as a sign of disrespect for the agricultural students at A&M College. Give us room.

Buff42
11-14-2012, 10:14 PM
sheep lover

Dude- that's over the line and the type of thing you can only say over the internet and get away with pain free. I bet you would never say that to Saggy face to face, I guarantee you wouldn't say it to me face to face. Not more than once anyway.

You should bite your tongue. Or kiss my ass. Your choice of those two options makes no difference to me.

Saggy Aggie
11-14-2012, 10:43 PM
Dude- that's over the line and the type of thing you can only say over the internet and get away with pain free. I bet you would never say that to Saggy face to face, I guarantee you wouldn't say it to me face to face. Not more than once anyway.

You should bite your tongue. Or kiss my ass. Your choice of those two options makes no difference to me.

He was joking, because we've always kinda given each other shiii on the downlow. Emerson is one of a couple people on here who isn't a total moron....

Smh. There needs to be a sarcastic font

Buff42
11-14-2012, 10:44 PM
He was joking, because we've always kinda given each other shiii on the downlow. Emerson is one of a couple people on here who isn't a total moron....

OK. I'll let my hackles down. Sorry Emerson, my bad- I'm still trying to learn the ropes around here.

NastySlot
11-14-2012, 11:17 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1i0fQWDSU4

watch the end

navscanmaster
11-15-2012, 03:33 AM
Rivalries are great. We'll play each other again after Dodds has moved on. The instate rivalry thing works fine for Clemson/South Carolina and Florida/FSU. I hope the LHN thing turns into a Big XII network and they and the SEC control the college football world. The BIG 10 and PAC 12 just don't measure up, and the ACC and Big East can't wait to break out the basketballs. Texas A&M vs Texas will be bigger than Bama/LSU when it makes it's return.

1st and goal
11-15-2012, 07:20 AM

I don't know about that Emerson, I think he (too often) likes to swim in the shallow end of the gene pool...jk :)

I've been waiting years for him to use a different pic in his avatar. Looks like freshly thrown up nachos.

hsbtex
11-15-2012, 07:43 AM

Laughing!!! Love it!

Emerson, no...the game would not have had higher ratings in the horns were in it...regardless. You guys are going to have to come to grips with being little brother now, and for the foreseable future. And scoop, you keep mentioning last year's game...and if I wore orange... I would be living in the past too. But if we don't go to a bcs bowl, and end up playing your orange and white (if you all agree to), the only question I can think of is if Jerry's scoreboard has triple digits...on the A&M side. That would be fun to watch :)

msu97
11-15-2012, 09:19 AM
Laughing!!! Love it!

Emerson, no...the game would not have had higher ratings in the horns were in it...regardless. You guys are going to have to come to grips with being little brother now, and for the foreseable future. And scoop, you keep mentioning last year's game...and if I wore orange... I would be living in the past too. But if we don't go to a bcs bowl, and end up playing your orange and white (if you all agree to), the only question I can think of is if Jerry's scoreboard has triple digits...on the A&M side. That would be fun to watch :)

this right here is funny... no matter what happens, what kills ATM is that UT will ALWAYS be the bigger draw nationally... ATM is good, but the SEC is not that good... it is amazing what a team that actually plays offense can do to the SEC...

ATM, thanks to Sumlin, has taken huge steps and he should be Coach of the Year... but Texas, like Notre Dame, USC and Michigan, will always command ratings...
not accepting that is just plain denial

Saggy Aggie
11-15-2012, 09:32 AM
this right here is funny... no matter what happens, what kills ATM is that UT will ALWAYS be the bigger draw nationally... ATM is good, but the SEC is not that good... it is amazing what a team that actually plays offense can do to the SEC...

ATM, thanks to Sumlin, has taken huge steps and he should be Coach of the Year... but Texas, like Notre Dame, USC and Michigan, will always command ratings...
not accepting that is just plain denial

Lol SEC isn't that good... Funny guy

pancho villa
11-15-2012, 10:35 AM

How do you know when you are near College Station?
When you honk your horn, all the sheep back up to the fence.

msu97
11-15-2012, 10:58 AM
SEC, yeah, overrated... Alabama and LSU are your two dominant teams, the rest have been okay, Georgia has never lived up to potential,(boise state beat them in Georgia last year) South Carolina, only percieved as good due to Steve Spurrier... Florida, finally back on track, (Louisiana-Lafayette anyone)...Mississippi State ( been soundly beaten by the only decent teams on their schedule) Auburn, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Missouri, Arkansas, Vanderbilt, Tennessee... yeah, they strike fear in people...
ATM is good, but like I have said, what the Aggies have really done is shown that a great offense is what the SEC has lacked... Florida dominated with Spurrier and Meyer, who were great offensive minds... since they left the offenses have been stagnant... that is what teh SEC really is, very good defenses against very bad offenses...
and some of those defenses are not that good

Saggy Aggie
11-15-2012, 11:03 AM
5 teams in the top 8. SC isn't THAT great anymore because of what happened to Lattimore but what conference is good then? The big 12? LOL

SEC >>> any other conference

msu97
11-15-2012, 11:10 AM
I understand you go to ATM and have a love for your school and your conference... but with that being said, the SEC is not clearly better... the SEC is what the other two conferences are, top heavy... Take away Alabama, LSU, Oklahoma, K-State, Oregon and USC, and then make the comparisons... then you will see there is not a real difference...
Stanford is pretty good, very similar to South Carolina, and Florida, Oregon State, Texas, Georgia are about the same, talented squads that just do not live up to expectations...
after that, the schools that are left are terrible... if you cannot see that, well then, I do not know what to tell you...
I can assure you that noone, NOONE, thought the Aggies would have had this type of year... why? Kevin Sumlin, his offense has riddled the SEC and exposed it... if you cannot see that, then you are oblivious... what i have seen ATM do this year tells me that Oregon would be running all over the SEC, cause they can flat score, just like Florida used to do...

coachc45
11-15-2012, 11:39 AM
I understand you go to ATM and have a love for your school and your conference... but with that being said, the SEC is not clearly better... the SEC is what the other two conferences are, top heavy... Take away Alabama, LSU, Oklahoma, K-State, Oregon and USC, and then make the comparisons... then you will see there is not a real difference...
Stanford is pretty good, very similar to South Carolina, and Florida, Oregon State, Texas, Georgia are about the same, talented squads that just do not live up to expectations...
after that, the schools that are left are terrible... if you cannot see that, well then, I do not know what to tell you...
I can assure you that noone, NOONE, thought the Aggies would have had this type of year... why? Kevin Sumlin, his offense has riddled the SEC and exposed it... if you cannot see that, then you are oblivious... what i have seen ATM do this year tells me that Oregon would be running all over the SEC, cause they can flat score, just like Florida used to do...

I understand that you support UT and have blinders on, but your statements are ignorant of several facts. Oregon had their chance to beat a SEC team a couple years back, they had that high powered offense then also..... It didn't happen. The SEC has dominated on the national scene for several years and still does now. Every conference in the NCAA is top heavy..... There has never been and will never be a conference that has quality depth from top to bottom. Some schools will always get better athletes than others because it is a desirable place to be. To belittle the SEC is nothing more than a reach on your part to cover the fact that UT is on the decline and aTm is on the rise and you can't stand it....

But go ahead if it makes you feel better about yourself....

msu97
11-15-2012, 11:48 AM
[QUOTE=coachc45;1715856]I understand that you support UT and have blinders on, but your statements are ignorant of several facts. Oregon had their chance to beat a SEC team a couple years back, they had that high powered offense then also..... It didn't happen. The SEC has dominated on the national scene for several years and still does now. Every conference in the NCAA is top heavy..... There has never been and will never be a conference that has quality depth from top to bottom. Some schools will always get better athletes than others because it is a desirable place to be. To belittle the SEC is nothing more than a reach on your part to cover the fact that UT is on the decline and aTm is on the rise and you can't stand it....

No love for UT, but good try, do I have former athletes that play for UT, yep, do I pull for them, yep... but this has nothing to do

with what is fact... true Oregon lost to Auburn, a team that bought its national title... but how good is Auburn now? Louisiana Monroe anyone...
I love Kevin Sumlin... he is great... great for college... apparently you cannot read... but since I am typing slower for you maybe this will help... some of you need to wake up and not believe ESPN...
SEC is not any better than any of the other two conferences... nobody fears going to knoxvill, nashville, auburn, miss or miss state... fayettevill... Aggies have proven that

Saggy Aggie
11-15-2012, 12:10 PM

LOL, SIX (6) teams in the top 9... can any other conference say that?

SEC:

Alabama
LSU
Florida
Georgia
A&M
South Carolina

Then Miss St and Ole Miss are decent teams.

Lets look at the Big 12:

Kansas st (who is a 1 year wonder and will probably never be this good again)
Oklahoma

Then you have 1 decent team, if you wanna call it that... Texas. West Virginia? Okie Lite? Baylor? Tech? they all suck.

Pac 12:

Oregon... yeah theyre pretty good.

USC is alright... though im not convinced theyre any better than miss st, an average SEC team.

Who else? oregon st and stanford? they're lumped into that decent category. SEC has 6 teams that would compete for the conference championship in either the big 12 or the pac 12. The other conferences have 1, maybe 2 that could compete in the SEC.

Saggy Aggie
11-15-2012, 12:29 PM
Lets take a closer look at the conferences... ( i wont even include the big 10 b/c thats a joke).

SEC
Alabama
LSU
Florida
Georgia
A&M
South Carolina
Miss St
Ole Miss

PAC 12
Oregon
Stanford
USC
Oregon St
UCLA?
Arizona?
?????
?????

Big 12
K state
Oklahoma
Texas
Tech?
TCU?
Okie Lite?
West Virginia? LOL
??????

Then the SEC has Auburn and Arkansas, who i know arent any good THIS year... but on a year to year basis are better than majority of the teams in the Pac 12 and big 12. You're insane if you think any other conference is even close to the SEC.

coachc45
11-15-2012, 12:53 PM
[QUOTE=coachc45;1715856]I understand that you support UT and have blinders on, but your statements are ignorant of several facts. Oregon had their chance to beat a SEC team a couple years back, they had that high powered offense then also..... It didn't happen. The SEC has dominated on the national scene for several years and still does now. Every conference in the NCAA is top heavy..... There has never been and will never be a conference that has quality depth from top to bottom. Some schools will always get better athletes than others because it is a desirable place to be. To belittle the SEC is nothing more than a reach on your part to cover the fact that UT is on the decline and aTm is on the rise and you can't stand it....

No love for UT, but good try, do I have former athletes that play for UT, yep, do I pull for them, yep... but this has nothing to do

with what is fact... true Oregon lost to Auburn, a team that bought its national title... but how good is Auburn now? Louisiana Monroe anyone...
I love Kevin Sumlin... he is great... great for college... apparently you cannot read... but since I am typing slower for you maybe this will help... some of you need to wake up and not believe ESPN...
SEC is not any better than any of the other two conferences... nobody fears going to knoxvill, nashville, auburn, miss or miss state... fayettevill... Aggies have proven that

And obviously your comprehension skills are very lacking..... I said that all Conferences are top heavy.... What separates the SEC is that the top heavy has more depth. SEC arguably has 5 Elite teams, every other conference has 1 or 2. This makes the SEC stronger!!!

Thanks for playing though!!!! Maybe before you say others can't read, you should read carefully yourself?

Rabid Cougar
11-15-2012, 01:14 PM
I wouldn't mention Monroe, Arky State, or Western Kentucky and Lafayette not far behind. Those teams are freaking good this year. Best Sun Belt Conference in years. Definitly not teams to be taken lightly.

Football fan
11-15-2012, 01:48 PM
If A&M's success in the SEC allegedly proves that the Big XII is just as good as the SEC, then what exactly does Missouri's failure prove?

Emerson1
11-15-2012, 01:56 PM
Big 12 South*

msu97
11-15-2012, 02:16 PM
Again, i will talk slower for you all... I never said the Big XII was the best, but yall are saying that...
yall also say that Texas is not that good, yet they slaughtered Ole Miss... who is terrible
USC has the best receiver tandem in the nation... they would score on anyone... Marquise Lee is in the Heisman discussion and may be 2nd behind Klein...
I understand yall's undying devotion to ATM, that is fine, this is not against ATM... it is proof that the SEC is not that good... they are no different than any other conference, except Alabama and LSU, and even LSU is down this year... they have no offense...
why is this so hard for you all to understand?
Stanford looks like the average SEC team, defense, run game... sound familiar?
Miss State is not any good, Texas would beat them... they already beat Ole Miss... Kentucky, Vandy, Arkansas, Tennessee, Auburn, all are bottom feeders...
I mean the SEC will look good again in the bowls when they play the ACC, Big East and Big 10... which is primarily who all their bowls are against... they do play 1 against the Big 12...
After Bama, LSU and ATM, the rest of the SEC is average...
the reason why the SEC is high is human element, human bias... the computers rank the Big 12 as the toughest conference, with the SEC and Pac 12 the next two... I think that all 3 conferences are even... they all have their good teams, their average teams, and their bad teams... they all play their own brand of football... one conference is not better than the other...

Saggy Aggie
11-15-2012, 02:43 PM
Again, i will talk slower for you all... I never said the Big XII was the best, but yall are saying that...
yall also say that Texas is not that good, yet they slaughtered Ole Miss... who is terrible
USC has the best receiver tandem in the nation... they would score on anyone... Marquise Lee is in the Heisman discussion and may be 2nd behind Klein...
I understand yall's undying devotion to ATM, that is fine, this is not against ATM... it is proof that the SEC is not that good... they are no different than any other conference, except Alabama and LSU, and even LSU is down this year... they have no offense...
why is this so hard for you all to understand?
Stanford looks like the average SEC team, defense, run game... sound familiar?
Miss State is not any good, Texas would beat them... they already beat Ole Miss... Kentucky, Vandy, Arkansas, Tennessee, Auburn, all are bottom feeders...
I mean the SEC will look good again in the bowls when they play the ACC, Big East and Big 10... which is primarily who all their bowls are against... they do play 1 against the Big 12...
After Bama, LSU and ATM, the rest of the SEC is average...
the reason why the SEC is high is human element, human bias... the computers rank the Big 12 as the toughest conference, with the SEC and Pac 12 the next two... I think that all 3 conferences are even... they all have their good teams, their average teams, and their bad teams... they all play their own brand of football... one conference is not better than the other...

You're just completely wrong. Georgia 9-1... Florida ... 2 losses... South Carolina 2 losses... Miss st is like the 7th best team in the SEC. Comparing the 3rd best team in the big 12 (texas) to the 7th best SEC school... Yeah great point.

If you match up the SEC's top 7 vs any other conferences top 7... I'm pretty sure the SEC is 7-0.

Bama > Oregon > ksu
LSU > Oklahoma > USC
Florida > Texas > Stanford
Georgia > Oregon st > Tech
A&M > okie lite > UCLA
South Carolina >>> TCU >>> Arizona
Miss st >>> anyone left in either conference

msu97
11-15-2012, 03:01 PM
[QUOTE=Saggy Aggie;1715948]You're just completely wrong. Georgia 9-1... Florida ... 2 losses... South Carolina 2 losses... Miss st is like the 7th best team in the SEC. Comparing the 3rd best team in the big 12 (texas) to the 7th best SEC school... Yeah great point.

If you match up the SEC's top 7 vs any other conferences top 7... I'm pretty sure the SEC is 7-0.

Bama > Oregon > ksu more like Oregon>KState> Bama
LSU > Oklahoma > USC USC> LSU>OU
Florida > Texas > Stanford Stanford>Texas> Florida
Georgia > Oregon st > Tech Georgia=OSU=Tech
A&M > okie lite > UCLA agreed
South Carolina >>> TCU >>> Arizona TCU >SC> Arizona
Miss st >>> anyone left in either conference, this statement is laughable... they are not... Baylor and WVU are better... Arizona State and washington are better
wow, you just watched ATM beat Alabama and you think Bama is better than Oregon... and then you go off of BCS rankings for the other stats and yet KState and Oregon are 1-2... wow...
funny how yall want it both ways...

Saggy Aggie
11-15-2012, 03:15 PM
[QUOTE=Saggy Aggie;1715948]You're just completely wrong. Georgia 9-1... Florida ... 2 losses... South Carolina 2 losses... Miss st is like the 7th best team in the SEC. Comparing the 3rd best team in the big 12 (texas) to the 7th best SEC school... Yeah great point.

Bama > Oregon > ksu more like Oregon>KState> Bama
LSU > Oklahoma > USC USC> LSU>OU
Florida > Texas > Stanford Stanford>Texas> Florida
Georgia > Oregon st > Tech Georgia=OSU=Tech
A&M > okie lite > UCLA agreed
South Carolina >>> TCU >>> Arizona TCU >SC> Arizona
Miss st >>> anyone left in either conference, this statement is laughable... they are not... Baylor and WVU are better... Arizona State and washington are better
wow, you just watched ATM beat Alabama and you think Bama is better than Oregon... and then you go off of BCS rankings for the other stats and yet KState and Oregon are 1-2... wow...
funny how yall want it both ways...

LOL you think Baylor, WV, Arizona st and wash are better than miss st?!? Lmao!

And yes, a&m played their best game of the year to barely beat Bama. Bama is still the best team in the country and it's not close. Ksu/nd/Oregon are 1-3 based on technicality. I'm pretty sure a&m would donkey stomp nd and probably beat ksu and give Oregon all they want.

It's a joke to compare the conferences to be honest because its not even close. Hell the big 10 might be better than the big 12 and PAC 12.

msu97
11-15-2012, 03:23 PM
saying that the big 10 might be better proves you know absolutely nothing... thus ending the argument...

SEC= overrated...

Saggy Aggie
11-15-2012, 04:04 PM
Haha right. I was obviously being facetious. Then again i didnt expect you to pick that up. But seriously... WASHINGTON could beat miss st?

I just want to know if ANYONE agrees with this guy? Can anyone say that any conferences top 7 could even compete with the SEC's top 7? Half those games would be over by halftime. Oregon is only undefeated because they haven't played anyone. Ksu is undefeated because no on their schedule can play defense (big 12)... ND is undefeated because they somehow managed to beat the only decent team on their schedule and squeaked by everyone else. Oregon is gonna lose at least 1 of their last 3. Texas will probably beat ksu and HOPEFULLY nd loses to USC, the perrenial underachievers.

I just want Bama to get in the championship game so they can stomp whichever one of these other schools that manages to make it. I can't believe you're even honestly trying to compare conferences. Even in a 'down' year (Arkie and Auburn) not nearly as good as they normally are... SEC is still head and shoulders above the rest.

SIX teams in the top 9. Does any other conference even have 6 ranked teams at all? 5? 4?

Phil C
11-15-2012, 04:24 PM
Also both teams have a few more games left so we need to wait and see those results first.

hsbtex
11-15-2012, 08:03 PM

What is wrong with you???????? Oregon has played them...and scored a whopping 27 against LSU last year, and a staggering 19 against Auburn a year earlier. Guess what genius...they lost both of those! I love how you anti-SEC people "what if" this to death. But guess what, they have had their chances and have failed. Here are some facts for you...SEC has won the last six national championships, and six of the current top 9 are SEC. I understand your little horns aren't very good this year...but maybe they'll be better in roundball!!

Buff42
11-16-2012, 10:18 AM

I FREAKING LOVE THIS LOGIC: My team is the greatest in the land because they "slaughtered" a team "who is terrible."

Looking through burnt orange glasses and drinking the koolaid, no doubt. Bwahahahahahaa.

ogg
11-16-2012, 10:29 AM
27-25

Rabid Cougar
11-16-2012, 11:33 AM
27-25

We do not speak of such things........The last two coaches regimes do not count.

Scoop27
11-16-2012, 11:54 AM
It's the TV networks that hype the SEC. -They always have and the Big 12 has never given much credit.

Bull Butter
11-16-2012, 01:19 PM
It's the TV networks that hype the SEC. -They always have and the Big 12 has never given much credit.

The last 6 NC's wouldn't have anything to do with it????

hsbtex
11-16-2012, 01:49 PM
27-25

Ogg, I would keep living in the past too buddy! Why don't you ever recite the score from the previous year?? I know you guys are hoping we get a bcs bowl game, and I would too if I were you. Because if we don't...that is going to get ugly in the Cotton with you little boys!! :)

Macarthur
11-16-2012, 03:35 PM

UT will get plenty of money. I think the bigger point was the lack of visibility of the LHN. It's going to have an effect on recruiting if kids can't be seen on TV. The main thing I took away from teh article was the incredible irony of by going for more money and visibility, UT may have actually sacrificed both with the LHN.

Sville
11-16-2012, 03:39 PM
UT will get plenty of money. I think the bigger point was the lack of visibility of the LHN. It's going to have an effect on recruiting if kids can't be seen on TV. The main thing I took away from the article was the incredible irony of by going for more money and visibility, UT may have actually sacrificed both with the LHN.

Exactly!

Old Tiger
11-16-2012, 04:25 PM
Hard to say. Anytime before this year, yeah probably. But a&ms bandwagon is as full as it ever will be. If Texas had a player with the hype Manziel has been getting and whatnot then yeah they might've drawn a little bigger crowd based on name but what does that matter at all? You're trying to say a few more people would've watched if it you switched the name? Who cares? The entire point of this thread was dumb anyways. Comparing a nationally televised game to one not nationally televised. Well no shiii the a&m game had more viewers.

By bandwagon you mean t-shirt fans?

Old Tiger
11-16-2012, 04:31 PM
The last 6 NC's wouldn't have anything to do with it????

There shouldn't have been two teams in the title game last year. So hypocritical of ESPN to push for that but they wouldn't do it back when it was Michigan/Ohio State.

Two of those six teams have been put in the game controversially. LSU got in with 2 losses in 2007.

Last team to win a NC besides and SEC team is Texas, fact.

Macarthur
11-16-2012, 04:34 PM
There shouldn't have been two teams in the title game last year.

Says who?

Saggy Aggie
11-16-2012, 04:50 PM
By bandwagon you mean t-shirt fans?

Not exactly. More like fair weather fans.

For the longest time it was just me navscanmaster and nasty slot defending A&M when times weren't so good. Now that A&M is winning and there's all this buzz around the team, all the Aggie fans around here suddenly show up. I'm not saying they're t shirt fans, but where were all these guys last year when we were blowing game after game?

Tejastrue
11-16-2012, 05:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=kQFKtI6gn9Y

Reading over this thread kinda reminded me of this old Python skit. Lol...