PDA

View Full Version : How many D1 teams are glad that Navasota and LaMarque went D2?

1st and goal
11-13-2012, 05:03 PM
IMO, it kind of dilutes the D1 championship...just sayin'

The "big schools" in their respective districts will totally surprise me if they make it to the 2nd round.

:stirpot::stirpot::1popcorn::1popcorn:

toddg
11-13-2012, 05:13 PM
Stephenville was looking fwd to a possible match up with Navasota, as was Carthage I'm sure...so actually there was. Disappointment they went D2.

HEMOTOXIC
11-13-2012, 05:17 PM
We (Navasota) were no more excited to have to play the likes of Carthage, Stephenville, Silsbee, Abilene Wylie, Kilgore, etc than they were excited to play us.

Either way, it won't be easy playing China Spring, Jasper, La Marque, Coldspring, Columbia, or WOS, Argyle, Gilmer, etc.

However, Navasota vs Carthage and Navasota vs Stephenville did peak my curiosity.

defense51
11-13-2012, 05:17 PM
IMO, it kind of dilutes the D1 championship...just sayin'

The "big schools" in their respective districts will totally surprise me if they make it to the 2nd round.

:stirpot::stirpot::1popcorn::1popcorn:Half of all the "big schools" WILL make it to the second round.:eek:

1st and goal
11-13-2012, 05:19 PM
Ab Wylie, Gainsville and El Campo are the only undefeateds sitting at 10-0

Borger and Burkburnet are in at 2-8 records each.

BEAST
11-13-2012, 05:22 PM
Whats the odds and in what round would a LaMarque/Navasota match up take place?

BEAST

Aggie98
11-13-2012, 05:34 PM
Whats the odds and in what round would a LaMarque/Navasota match up take place?

BEAST

Looks like 3rd round. LaMarque would have to get by Coldspring-Oakhurst and Navasota would have to get by Jasper.

buckeyebob
11-14-2012, 07:12 AM
Once again...Div I is a cake walk

hookandladder
11-14-2012, 07:50 AM
We (Navasota) were no more excited to have to play the likes of Carthage, Stephenville, Silsbee, Abilene Wylie, Kilgore, etc than they were excited to play us.

Either way, it won't be easy playing China Spring, Jasper, La Marque, Coldspring, Columbia, or WOS, Argyle, Gilmer, etc.

However, Navasota vs Carthage and Navasota vs Stephenville did peak my curiosity.

After our game with you guy's last year in Navasota we were looking forward to meeting you guy's again this year, that will not happen but sure would have like to had the opportunity. Good Luck to you guy's this year.

HEMOTOXIC
11-14-2012, 08:23 AM
After our game with you guy's last year in Navasota we were looking forward to meeting you guy's again this year, that will not happen but sure would have like to had the opportunity. Good Luck to you guy's this year.

Thanks. Good Luck to out former district opponent as well. Play y'all's game and it can happen!

GrTigers6
11-14-2012, 09:00 AM
Im thinking more teams are dissapointed than glad that they all went D2. Us for instance are glad. Makes it more of a challenge where people cant say yeah you did it but if so and so was here you wouldnt have.

oldtownag
11-14-2012, 09:17 AM
Once again...Div I is a cake walk

Just like the year that Jasper won it all.

oldtownag
11-14-2012, 09:18 AM

Well said.

cowboyandchrist
11-14-2012, 09:29 AM

I for one am glad Carthage did not have to play the Rattlers because it would have been in the second round. A game like that needs to be for the state championship. Until the Rattlers get beat, they are the odds on faviorte to win it all. I am glad we will see the Ville if we both make it that far. There are no guarantees you will win a playoff game. You maybe the better team, but anything can happen in the playoffs. I believe in Coach Sarratt and the Carthage Dawgs, Friday begins the journry. Good luck and God Bless all teams.

hollywood
11-14-2012, 09:30 AM
I wasn't. It doesn't matter though. There are heavy contenders in both divisions 1 and 2IMO. I was looking forward to a possible Stephenville/Navasota SC. Stephenville would have to have gotten past AW and Navasota past Carthage before that would have happened. Wishful thinking. Now wishing ;) for a Stephenville/Carthage SC in Div 1.

A Navasota/La Marque match up is looking dang good in Div 2 for a 3rd round. Reg 3 is stacked.

I wasn't. It doesn't matter though. There are heavy contenders in both divisions 1 and 2IMO. I was looking forward to a possible Stephenville/Navasota SC. Stephenville would have to have gotten past AW and Navasota past Carthage before that would have happened. Wishful thinking. Now wishing ;) for a Stephenville/Carthage SC in Div 1.

A Navasota/La Marque match up is looking dang good in Div 2 for a 3rd round. Reg 3 is stacked.

I'm glad we don't play them. But I feel the same about several teams. Just like I'm sure teams are glad they don't play us.
Either way is not easy but D1 is much smother road with less bumps along the way and not as long of a journey. Sounds good to me. You need luck and skill so we shall see what happens. Good luck VILLE UP

OldBison75
11-14-2012, 01:25 PM
I don't think anybody is really "glad" Navasota went Division II. What I do believe is that there are teams out there that see this as one less top team they have to face. As far as anybody in the upper tier of 3a teams feeling like the loss of Navasota in their playoff bracket made their trip to the state championship a breeze---that is just not how it is. I guarantee that teams like Stephenville, Abilene Wylie, Carthage, and Waco LaVega, among others, have no fear to play Navasota. Navasota is good, but this is high school football being played by 16-18 year old kids that can be unpredictable in how they respond on any given night.

toddg
11-14-2012, 01:47 PM
I don't think anybody is really "glad" Navasota went Division II. What I do believe is that there are teams out there that see this as one less top team they have to face. As far as anybody in the upper tier of 3a teams feeling like the loss of Navasota in their playoff bracket made their trip to the state championship a breeze---that is just not how it is. I guarantee that teams like Stephenville, Abilene Wylie, Carthage, and Waco LaVega, among others, have no fear to play Navasota. Navasota is good, but this is high school football being played by 16-18 year old kids that can be unpredictable in how they respond on any given night.

you got that right!!

cougartino
11-14-2012, 02:13 PM
This is muchado about nothing. This time of year, everyone is good and looking to knock out the guy in front of him. If your team is focused, they'd go through a brick wall to win that ring. It should be pretty interesting!

buckeyebob
11-14-2012, 07:41 PM

That was tackey & terribly uncalled for. We are kinda cockey after last Friday.

oldtownag
11-14-2012, 07:50 PM

I was thinking Gilmer and typed Jasper. Oh well

1971Coogs
11-14-2012, 08:14 PM

A Navasota/La Marque match up is looking dang good in Div 2 for a 3rd round. Reg 3 is stacked.Yes region III is stacked. Should be an interesting next 4 weeks

buckeyebob
11-15-2012, 06:48 AM

Aggie! Damn son!

waterboy
11-15-2012, 09:14 AM

That was D2 that year. Gilmer and Jasper played for the D2 championship in '04, with Gilmer winning. The D1 championship was Abilene Wylie and Cuero, with Wylie winning (I believe, 17-14?).