PDA

View Full Version : Bellville vs. Cuero

whitelightning5
11-13-2012, 02:06 PM
I have not seen anything on this game. Let's get some analysis rolling.

rojosgirl
11-13-2012, 02:24 PM
Thank you!

gobbla4life
11-13-2012, 03:48 PM
Cuero has really been playing well as of late , we've had some early struggles and inconsistencies ! Health and turnovers really plagued us early on. We also have had to adjust to a new staff and new system. We have really stepped up and played as a team here lately! It's really gonna take a great team to beat these guys the way they are playing right!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!

sTxforlife
11-13-2012, 03:53 PM
Bellville by 7.

Bosqueville
11-13-2012, 04:20 PM
Cuero has the MOJO right now. Cuero by 3.

MJMbrahmas10
11-13-2012, 05:20 PM
Bellville is on fire as well lately. Blowing 3 teams out in a row and beating sealy for the first time in a few years. Ill take bellville by 14

ogg
11-13-2012, 06:00 PM
This will be a very good game, two great teams. I have to give Bellville a slight edge of 7 although I love to see big green pull it out.

gobbla4life
11-13-2012, 06:19 PM
Man this is gonna be a good one , two traditional powers meeting again! Come on Friday night lights !

GOOO MEEAANN GREEEEN !!!

C N Green
11-13-2012, 11:55 PM
To quote others..."GZ let us win and LG laid down". CUERO BY 10 (+) and we'll explain why and how after the game.

Football fan
11-13-2012, 11:59 PM
Cuero by 14

Tejastrue
11-14-2012, 12:04 AM
I have some friends from Cuero who really bleed green!! I have seen it!! LOL.. Best of luck to both teams but I'll be cheering for the Gobblers. Maybe we can meet up again real soon!

Pudlugger
11-14-2012, 05:02 AM
To quote others..."GZ let us win and LG laid down". CUERO BY 10 (+) and we'll explain why and how after the game.

Nobody said LG laid down. Cuero won the game fair and square. Both these teams are playing their best now and are matched up pretty evenly in size and talent. I think the Cuero running game may be the difference but Bellville may beat them with the passing game. Cuero by 3.

LH Panther Mom
11-14-2012, 06:03 AM
As of right now, it looks like the hubs & I will be there. It's the closest game to us for 3A.

hookandladder
11-14-2012, 07:18 AM

You can read into my post whatever you want, LG did not laid down. We simple did not have anything to gain in our game with you guys and you did , you won that game fair and square as I stated in my second post. We just did not play up to our potential , that happens just glad it only happened one time in District. With that being said , I see this game with two very even teams. I think whoever wins the passing game will win this game, both teams seem to struggle in the secondary in coverage. Both teams want to run the ball and both teams will line up to stop the run first, so I feel this game will be won by the QB. Which ever one steps up and hit's the open receiver will win, With that being said, I will go the Cuero QB by 7. Good Luck to both teams.

44INAROW
11-14-2012, 09:21 AM
As of right now, it looks like the hubs & I will be there. It's the closest game to us for 3A.
dang LHPM - I'd love to see you guys - we'll be in SA at Chad's wedding rehearsal..... I'll have my phone on vibrate and checking scores...

OLE'BULL
11-14-2012, 10:23 AM
Just so you know, the Brahmas threw for 4 TD's against Sealy last Friday. That is against a defense that has Ricky Seals Jones in the secondary. They also had another D-I commit running back playing some in the secondary. Do we prefer to run the ball, yes, can we throw the ball if we need to, YES. As far as the Brahmas struggling in the secondary, we have improved greatly. Ricky Seals Jones was a non factor at receiver. He had a catch here or there, but to essentialy shut down the NUMBER ONE WIDE RECEIVER IN THE COUNTY? I think our secondary will be just fine. Should be a good game though, of course I am a homer and will pick the Bulls by 14.

44INAROW
11-14-2012, 11:05 AM
Just so you know, the Brahmas threw for 4 TD's against Sealy last Friday. That is against a defense that has Ricky Seals Jones in the secondary. They also had another D-I commit running back playing some in the secondary. Do we prefer to run the ball, yes, can we throw the ball if we need to, YES. As far as the Brahmas struggling in the secondary, we have improved greatly. Ricky Seals Jones was a non factor at receiver. He had a catch here or there, but to essentialy shut down the NUMBER ONE WIDE RECEIVER IN THE COUNTY? I think our secondary will be just fine. Should be a good game though, of course I am a homer and will pick the Bulls by 14.

sounds like it's going to be quite a match-up.. do ya'll have alot of players going both ways? That seems to be the nature of the beast with 1A to 3A teams - and we're no exception..

hookandladder
11-14-2012, 11:20 AM
sounds like it's going to be quite a match-up.. do ya'll have alot of players going both ways? That seems to be the nature of the beast with 1A to 3A teams - and we're no exception..

I feel this could definitely come into play, if Cuero D has a hard time stopping the running game it would definitely hurt them. I saw were as many as 6 players going both ways for Cuero, even the QB played D.

Red Bull
11-14-2012, 11:28 AM
Bellville is playing very good / confident football right now. I feel they will win this one going away 35-21.

44INAROW
11-14-2012, 11:30 AM
I feel this could definitely come into play, if Cuero D has a hard time stopping the running game it would definitely hurt them. I saw were as many as 6 players going both ways for Cuero, even the QB played D.

yeppers...... like I said, nature of the beast.. one of the many, many, many good things I can say about Coach Reeve - he focuses on conditioning, that is a must when you play both ways (Kind of a DUH statement I know lol) as stated in an earlier post, I am just so proud of these boys for pulling it together and making the the playoffs and putting Cuero back towards a winning tradition.. Hope we win and get a chance to continue........... GO MEAN GREEN!

OLE'BULL
11-14-2012, 11:34 AM

We actually dont. We have a stud corner that will get some touches at RB. Probably a couple more here and there. We did have a LB get hurt against Sealy and it didnt look good. Does anyone have an update on this injury. He is a junior this year but started for us as a sophmore. His name is Angel Rodriguez I think.

ladyapache
11-14-2012, 12:54 PM
"GZ let us win"...wow! I hardly believe we would "let yall win" and ultimately give up our playoff spot! That statement cracks me up! Things really came together for Cuero and they dealt it to us. Definetly the toughest team we faced this season. Good luck to the Gobblers this week and I hope you bring home the victory!

gobbla4life
11-14-2012, 01:23 PM
Your right ladyapache , y'all aren't gonna let Cuero just win! We are big rivals , the kids on both sides would not do that! We are starting to put things together , and I think we are pretty good. Time will tell , and I too hope we bring home the W!

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!

C N Green
11-14-2012, 03:15 PM
Nobody said LG laid down. Cuero won the game fair and square. Both these teams are playing their best now and are matched up pretty evenly in size and talent. I think the Cuero running game may be the difference but Bellville may beat them with the passing game. Cuero by 3.

The refernce to LG laying down was posted on another thread. My point is: that after a few more wins, perhaps Cuero won't be judged on our opponents performance, but rather on the Gob's ability to close a game. Thanks for your support and keep D26 alive in the playoff's.

C N Green
11-14-2012, 03:42 PM
I agree and have witnessed this rivalry for 40(+) yrs.

underware
11-14-2012, 04:54 PM
I like the way Cuero is playing as of late. I take Cuero by 13.

Bull's-eye
11-15-2012, 12:42 AM
Should be a great game! Bellville was the D25 DII top team, but didn't get a good draw having to face a red hot Cuero team. Bellville will try to establish the run & are tough to beat when the slot-t is rolling. How is the Cuero run defense? Earlier in the year, stopping the Bellville run game would win you the game. Bellville came up with a much improved passing attack vs Sealy, something they definitely needed to offset a strong run defense. Can't wait till Friday!

whitelightning5
11-15-2012, 12:24 PM
Should be a great game! Bellville was the D25 DII top team, but didn't get a good draw having to face a red hot Cuero team. Bellville will try to establish the run & are tough to beat when the slot-t is rolling. How is the Cuero run defense? Earlier in the year, stopping the Bellville run game would win you the game. Bellville came up with a much improved passing attack vs Sealy, something they definitely needed to offset a strong run defense. Can't wait till Friday!

Agreed. Can anyone tell me anything about Cuero? I see a bunch of predictions, but not much of how stout the defense is or potent the offense is. Did Cuero and Bellville play any of the same opponents this year? The only thing that I have is the football tradition of Cuero. That said, it does carry weight and I see a close game.

YTBulldogs
11-15-2012, 12:41 PM
Cuero is a balanced offense. A soph RB, who IMO, will end up being one of Cuero's greats. And, they have had many. He has power and speed, and over 6' foot tall. The QB is a weapon too. 6'3"ish, great kid, football blood line and very accurate when given time. Rather throw than run. Solid line that provides him that time of late.

The "D" is kinda big up front, with strong secondary. LB'ers are average and if you have time, the middle comes open when passing. Not sure you'll be able to run the corners on them.

We scrimmaged Bellville, and played Cuero this year. In my viewing and reading of them---both have made great strides in improvement. Will be a great game indeed.

Saggy Aggie
11-15-2012, 12:46 PM
I like both these towns and their fans. I'll be happy with whoever wins. To me, its a toss up. Should be a great game. Gut says Bellville but i know better than to ever count Cuero out.

rojosgirl
11-15-2012, 01:49 PM
Well, I, like many others, are ready for those Friday night lights! I've missed the Gobblers being in the playoffs. It's such an exciting time - I just love it! I think it will be a great game. I'm hoping for an injury-free game for everyone. Safe travels to all heading to Round Rock.
GO-MEAN-GREEN!

:clap:

1st and goal
11-15-2012, 02:11 PM
Cuero got a slow start in district but came screaming around the last corner to cross the finish line in third, beating Gonzales and LG. Not many people outside the team believed it to be possible. My hat is off to the players and coaches for not giving up and turning things around.

I have seen both teams play against the Buffs but the Bellville game was a mud fest. Twas no pasture of pain, but a slip n slide of gain for the Buffs who narrowly beat them. I heard of some blocking happening from the Bulls Oline that should've been called but that's the way it goes. Not talking about holding either. Keep head on swivel. May have just been some early season mistakes made by their young offensive line.

Cuero had the talent and I think if they'd of stuck to the run, the game in Giddings would have been much closer. There are 2 backs that are good. #20 and #27 ? IIRC I know some kids were playing both sides of the ball but I don't know how many. I think Cuero has the momentum, and the horses to win if their D can get a few stops on the Bulls slot T. But Bellville has some really good athletes too, so hope for an injury free, neutrally officiated game.

Dawgfan64
11-15-2012, 05:39 PM
Cuero has tradition and something to prove this year...I like D26 for this one but close...Cuero by 7...Hoping to see them in the Quarterfinals game in December. That would be a HUGE match up...just have to play them one at a time

whitelightning5
11-15-2012, 05:57 PM
Not that it matters, but who is the "home" team this week? I have to be a homer and pick Bellville. Hopefully the red and white will pull it out. I hope that the playoffs will be enough to spark excitement, because there is typically a layoff on all levels after a physically and emotionally draining game. Cuero is rolling right now, but Bellville is hot also. This could get interesting.

Bull's-eye
11-15-2012, 06:48 PM
Not that it matters, but who is the "home" team this week? I have to be a homer and pick Bellville. Hopefully the red and white will pull it out. I hope that the playoffs will be enough to spark excitement, because there is typically a layoff on all levels after a physically and emotionally draining game. Cuero is rolling right now, but Bellville is hot also. This could get interesting.

Bellville's website states that Bellville will be the visitors.

SintonFan
11-15-2012, 07:31 PM
Gotta question. What is the history between Cuero and Bellville playing each other?

Manso/V8
11-15-2012, 08:05 PM
This should be a good game between two solid teams. From the film, I would say Cuero is similar to Sealy, but without the premier players like Davis and RSJ.
I will take Bellvile by 7.

zebrablue2
11-15-2012, 08:12 PM
Bellville by 2 tds!

Old Green
11-15-2012, 09:10 PM
Gotta question. What is the history between Cuero and Bellville playing each other?They have only played twice. In 2010 with Cuero winning 28-8 and Bellville winning in 2011 21-13.

The Bull #40
11-15-2012, 10:48 PM
Haven't heard much about Cuero this year, but I'm sure they'll come ready to play. And I think our defense will have no trouble stopping their RB. Also, I think Bellville's developing passing game will be the key to this one. BULLS WIN 28-14.

"Clear eyes. Full hearts. Can't lose."

rojosgirl
11-16-2012, 09:34 AM
The final count down is on and I'm ready to roll on to Round Rock. Gonna have a good Cajun meal at the Louisiana Longhorn Cafe in downtown RR, then on to the game. Hope to see lots of Gobbler green in the crowd. The fans were great last week! Everyone be safe on the road.

GO-MEAN-GREEN!

:wave:

44INAROW
11-16-2012, 11:49 AM
Good Luck Gobblers. Hope someone updates the downlow. I've already instructed the youngest he is restricted on wedding dates in Nov and Dec. Since Chad is 34 Andover out of state. He totally forgot the significance. Haha. Like he actually had a say in it.

44INAROW
11-16-2012, 11:51 AM
Oops. Anyway. Go Gobblers. Get after that A$$

rojosgirl
11-16-2012, 01:42 PM
Oops. Anyway. Go Gobblers. Get after that A$$

I'll keep you posted 44. I'll also make some extra noise for ya. GO-MEAN-GREEN!

Bull's-eye
11-16-2012, 01:56 PM
Bellville by 2 tds!

Are you going to RR or do you have a game to officiate?

rb585
11-16-2012, 02:09 PM
If I were putting money on it, I wouldn't bet against Bellville.

But I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Cuero's QB had a big enough night to pull this off.

This has the chance to be one of those games we reference on this board for years.

Pudlugger
11-16-2012, 02:45 PM
Good luck tonight to both teams and play safe. This will be a great game to bad I can't go watch but we have some work to do in Victoria.

29-3aFAN
11-16-2012, 03:51 PM
Good luck to the Gobblers, and all of D26

Old Green
11-16-2012, 08:40 PM
1st Qtr
Bellville 3-0

SintonFan
11-16-2012, 09:02 PM
They have only played twice. In 2010 with Cuero winning 28-8 and Bellville winning in 2011 21-13.

Thanks Val! I knew you would respond. :)

Old Green
11-16-2012, 11:08 PM
Final
Bellville 34 - Cuero 13

44INAROW
11-17-2012, 12:20 AM
Final
Bellville 34 - Cuero 13

Congrats to Bellville... Also proud of the Gobblers for turning things around and making the playoffs when a lot of people gave up on them.
The future looks bright for next year.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Old Green
11-17-2012, 12:31 AM
Congrats to Bellville... Also proud of the Gobblers for turning things around and making the playoffs when a lot of people gave up on them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HDIt looks bright for the next 4 years:cheerl::thumbsup:

99IHSMustang
11-17-2012, 12:36 AM
It looks bright for the next 4 years:cheerl::thumbsup:

Congrats Cuero on turning the season around. It looks like we are going to have our hands full next year... :thumbsup:

Pudlugger
11-17-2012, 01:25 AM
Congratulations to Bellville for a solid win. Cuero was making a good run there but obviously the Brahmas had an answer for their big running backs. Good luck next week Brahmas. Beat the Texans.

Manso/V8
11-17-2012, 03:04 AM
That was a fun game to watch.
The Gobblers have a good team and #20 is a great running back.
Congrats to the Gobblers for a fine season.

rancher
11-17-2012, 08:33 AM
Now the Rancher Report the game truth, not a biased fan based report. Cuero had a good team. The back #20 was a horse in the backfield, Bellville had no answer for him. The QB did a good job on running the team, but made very very poor decisions in passing situations 4 int. and throwing the ball backwards to a lineman. Cureo is very big and well coached, I dont know how much they will lose, but if #20 is back, watch out. Bellville's defense came to play the stopped Cureo twice on 4 down situations to kill Cuero dirves that were deep in Bellville's end of the field. That plus a good pass defense won the game for the bulls. I was not impressed with the offense, they made a few good plays, but in my humble opinion they did not play well except for Nunn. If the offense does not get in gear, they may break out the round balll next week. If someone has a scouting report on the Texans, I would love to hear it. After all they are the DEFENDING STATE CHAMPS. If the offense can match the defense, Bellville will take major steps to winning the region.

zebrablue2
11-17-2012, 09:23 AM
Way to go Brahmas.:2thumbsup

hookandladder
11-17-2012, 09:43 AM
Congrats to Bellville, I thought it would come down to QB play. Cannot win with 4 INT's , the Bulls move on and I see them moving on long down the raod.

Bull's-eye
11-17-2012, 01:49 PM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Cuero is one of my favorite teams, great fans & tradition that makes high school football so special. Looking at their roster, Cuero will be making some noise in the near future. Congrats on turning the season around!

YTBulldogs
11-17-2012, 02:08 PM
Nice job getting there Cuero. Who would of thought it, huh? None gave us a second thought and yes---Cuero's D'Anthony Hopkins #20, returns for 2 more years and they have solid groups moving up in the ranks. Cuero is back I assure you.

Congrats to Bellville. I too see a nice run ahead of them and well deserved.