PDA

View Full Version : Looking ahead....

jockcity33
11-13-2012, 09:48 AM
I know no one who is associated with either team will comment, because that is like talking about a no hitter in the dug out to the pitcher throwing it. But, assuming Wylie and Stephenville bot win their first and second round games where would they play eachother at?

Bosqueville
11-13-2012, 09:51 AM
Brownwood would be the logical place but the snobs at the Ville wouldn't hear of it. They'd rather play at Ranger... Seriously the only place big enough would be Shotwell.

Matthew328
11-13-2012, 10:06 AM
It all depends on what the coaches negotiate....could see a home neutral flip maybe? I honestly dont think Brownwood or Mineral Wells would be a big enough venue

wyliefan
11-13-2012, 10:21 AM
San Angelo would be a good option, about 90 miles from Abilene - 150 for Stephenville. The only stadium that would be large enough without going East. Both teams still have two games to go, before this happens.

vtskneb
11-13-2012, 10:25 AM
San Angelo would be a good option, about 90 miles from Abilene - 150 for Stephenville. The only stadium that would be large enough without going East. Both teams still have two games to go, before this happens.

If we are willing to go that far I say we split the difference and go to Memorial in Wichita Falls. Cowboy's Stadium we be nice but I doubt they give a game to 3A's before the ship.

Bullaholic
11-13-2012, 10:30 AM
Home & Home would make sense for this one--either Shotwell or Tarleton.

wyliefan
11-13-2012, 10:32 AM
We could play in Eastland, I remember when they were in the same district with Wylie and arriving for the game at 6 so we could stand along the fence. The Wylie band took up most of the visiting bleachers. …
Wichita Falls has a nice stadium as well, that would probably be another great option.

Sville
11-13-2012, 10:33 AM
I agree with Stepp. Assuming both teams take care of business this location will prolly have to be decided be several flips. Coach Gillespie hasn't been very lucky in that regard so we will prolly end up at Shotwell.

vtskneb
11-13-2012, 10:41 AM
Does Wylie not like Wichita Falls? That would be about the fairest place to play if you are requiring both drive about the same distance. If we flipped and let them have the option of Shotwell we better make them come to Tarleton (Diggs would come unglued, LOL). I do not think that realistic unless it turns ugly between the two staffs. I do think that San Angelo could be a possibility, maybe a flip for Birdville(Maybe Mansfield) and San Angelo would be the home/home flip.

pero chato
11-13-2012, 10:47 AM
Birdville gets my vote although Mineral Wells might work.

Matthew328
11-13-2012, 11:00 AM
I dont believe Stephenville wants to go to Birdville...traffic right now is AWFUL with construction on 820 and Airport Freeway.

Aledo would be a good option for Stephenville if it goes home/neutral...stadium holds over 9k temp bleachers can be added to increase capacity to about 10k

Wichita Falls would be a decent neutral site...

ccmom
11-13-2012, 11:34 AM
I like Aledo, except for the delay in getting in and out of there, but the stadium is nice.

Does Sville have any problems with playing there? Just curious since some of y'all said Sville won't schedule a game in Brownwood.

nobogey72
11-13-2012, 11:34 AM
Home & Home would make sense for this one--either Shotwell or Tarleton.

would make sense, but I would be shocked if under any scenario that we would play at Shotwell. I can remember only 2 Wylie playoff games in 25 years at Shotwell.

vtskneb
11-13-2012, 11:41 AM
I like Aledo, except for the delay in getting in and out of there, but the stadium is nice.

Does Sville have any problems with playing there? Just curious since some of y'all said Sville won't schedule a game in Brownwood.

That is a good question.

vtskneb
11-13-2012, 11:49 AM
I dont believe Stephenville wants to go to Birdville...traffic right now is AWFUL with construction on 820 and Airport Freeway.

Aledo would be a good option for Stephenville if it goes home/neutral...stadium holds over 9k temp bleachers can be added to increase capacity to about 10k

Wichita Falls would be a decent neutral site...

If Abilene is willing to give up that much in travel time I am all for Aledo. I was thinking that would be out the question since we have played there so many times, as long as Shotwell is not their home in the flip. That would be crazy to agree to flip those as home/home. I am sure we would not mind playing at Shotwell but after the Midlothian situation I find it hard to believe they are okay playing at Shotwell and not making them come to TSU. Maybe that is what you are saying??? LOL

Cam
11-13-2012, 01:47 PM
"Looking Ahead" :

The deer wanted to cross just kept looking ahead,
Never once did she turn a truck towards her sped,
She just wanted to get to her hallowed ground,
But time won't be rushed or pushed around,
A few seconds later lay the deer broken dead. :crying: