PDA

View Full Version : Region IV Bi-District GotW: El Campo(10-0) Vs. La Grange(8-2)

Spanish Camp
11-11-2012, 08:08 AM
How do you see these 2 teams matching up?

Pudlugger
11-11-2012, 09:22 AM
This will be a very tough game for the Leps. From what little I know about the Rice Birds they appear to be a very physical team with depth and balance. La Grange is definitely the underdog and will need to bring their best game to Victoria Memorial this Friday. El Campo should be 20 point favorites in most folks' predictions. One thing to factor in is the Leps will not roll over. They have had 5 tough games in succession getting through district. They just got edged out by a very physical and motivated Cuero team fighting for a berth in the playoffs. How they react to that defeat will be key to whether or not the can hang with EC.

Scoop27
11-11-2012, 09:35 AM
La Grange must of lost the flip for this game to be played in Victoria-This site favor EC which is much closer than LG.
This will be the toughest test for EC since the Wharton game.
Ricebirds should win

Pudlugger
11-11-2012, 10:27 AM
La Grange must of lost the flip for this game to be played in Victoria-This site favor EC which is much closer than LG.
This will be the toughest test for EC since the Wharton game.
Ricebirds should win

Victoria seems like a logical choice in that the stadium holds more than enough seats to accommodate El Camp's large fan base and a big LG turn out. Most stadiums in between LG and EC are 3a size. I doubt if the Katy stadium was available which would be the only midway large stadium I can think of offhand. Victoria is an easy drive down HWY 77 so most folks in LG will not find it too difficult and Memorial has a first class field. Go Leps!

scrub c
11-11-2012, 11:01 AM
victoria memorial is a great stadium, and you are correct... there are NO stadiums between EC and LG to host playoff games...

Scoop27
11-11-2012, 11:11 AM
I thought Rice Consolidated in Altair built a new stadium and is real nice.

speedbump
11-11-2012, 11:16 AM
I thought Rice Consolidated in Altair built a new stadium and is real nice.

It only holds 4000.

Saggy Aggie
11-11-2012, 11:37 AM
Leps are pretty good this year but I think the Rice Birds are even better. I'll take El Campo by 14.

Wouldn't hurt my feelings to see LG pull the upset tho.

Spanish Camp
11-11-2012, 12:08 PM
I have also heard that La grange will play hard. Probably two teams of similar mentalities going at it in this one.

I hear that the LG o-line goes about 275 across the front. That may be the biggest online EC has seen since predistrict.

I like EC in a 2-3 touchdown win in this one.

Pudlugger
11-11-2012, 01:07 PM
I understand El Campo likes to run the football. What formation do they prefer? Maybe some EC posters on here can elaborate some on the Ricebirds offense.

Cuero did a good job exposing a surprising weakness in the Lep middle last Friday night. They ran out of multiple formations including shotgun, wildcat, and even a couple of Wishbone plays as a homage to the late great Darrel Royal no doubt. Hopefully the Leps will work on defending the run better as Cuero had 9 1/2 more minutes in TOP. It is hard to score when only your defense is on the field. The Leps will be in deep Kim Chee if they don't stiffen up the defense.:eek:

regaleagle
11-11-2012, 01:40 PM
Just so happens I'll be in Victoria(hopefully) this next Friday visiting my brother who lives there. Perhaps I can drag him over to the stadium to get a look at these two teams.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-11-2012, 01:44 PM
I understand El Campo likes to run the football. What formation do they prefer? Maybe some EC posters on here can elaborate some on the Ricebirds offense.

Cuero did a good job exposing a surprising weakness in the Lep middle last Friday night. They ran out of multiple formations including shotgun, wildcat, and even a couple of Wishbone plays as a homage to the late great Darrel Royal no doubt. Hopefully the Leps will work on defending the run better as Cuero had 9 1/2 more minutes in TOP. It is hard to score when only your defense is on the field. The Leps will be in deep Kim Chee if they don't stiffen up the defense.:eek:

Video clip --> Rice Birds (http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1505626/)

hookandladder
11-11-2012, 01:57 PM
The Leps as most of the year will be the underdog in this game, nothing surprising about this week. With EC being one of the largest schools in 3A they should be, LG has not gotten any respect all year , in each game we have won this year someone has always questioned the win. Either that team was not good, you only won because of a fumble , you got lucky , Guess what that is all part of football. We will come better prepared to play this week with a little more on the line , win or lose I am sure there will be the same opinions from most armchair fans. We have won a District Championship in a district that no one gave us a chance to win, we fans in LG are not surprised by us winning it and we will exspect to win again this Friday. Our team will leave it all on the field Friday night , You can bet on that. Go Leps.

Pudlugger
11-11-2012, 01:58 PM
Video clip --> Rice Birds (http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1505626/)

Nobody was blocking number 6 LOL. He has some good moves and the offensive tackles have terrible footwork letting him go around so quickly. The setback needs to come up and lay a hit on him to keep him from the qb. Thanks for the video. I can see we will have our work cut out for us. Bay City looked hapless in that video. I think the Leps can do better.

Football fan
11-11-2012, 02:52 PM
El Campo primarily runs out of the Wing T. Dont really have game breakers but eat up a ton of clock. I'd say their run/pass split is 90/10.

If La Grange is having trouble stopping the run, it will be a long game for them.

The only thing that has stopped El Campo's offense is turnovers. If they can stay away from that I'd guess that they win by 2 TD's.

And for Pudlugger, La Grange is definitely better than Bay City.

Scoop27
11-11-2012, 07:04 PM
Lots of 2A teams could beat Bay City-

Manso/V8
11-11-2012, 07:21 PM
Lots of 2A teams could beat Bay City-

Yeah, and 2A Hempstead beat West Columbia like a drum.

Pudlugger
11-11-2012, 07:40 PM
Yeah, and 2A Hempstead beat West Columbia like a drum.

:1offtopc:

Point is Bay City did not give much of a fight against El Campo in the first 4 minutes of this HUDL video. No way #6 gets to run unblocked into our back field. He is a player but the Leps have some answers to his moves. As for the Ricebirds they look solid and very physical. Leps better eat their Wheaties this week and bring it.

speedbump
11-11-2012, 08:19 PM
:1offtopc:

Point is Bay City did not give much of a fight against El Campo in the first 4 minutes of this HUDL video. No way #6 gets to run unblocked into our back field. He is a player but the Leps have some answers to his moves. As for the Ricebirds they look solid and very physical. Leps better eat their Wheaties this week and bring it.

He's been in every teams backfield. That won't change against the Leps.

YTBulldogs
11-11-2012, 09:01 PM
Was LG injured players back this past Friday?

hookandladder
11-11-2012, 09:01 PM
He's been in every teams backfield. That won't change against the Leps.

If he lines up against our best tackle (70) he will have his work cut out to get by him, no one has been able beat him other then a play here and there. I have him seen him at camps this summer , tall kid both not very strong looking kid. Pretty sure Rice is looking for him to play TE but he will need to hit the weight room , know his brother is at TCU with one of our ex. players.

speedbump
11-11-2012, 10:09 PM
If he lines up against our best tackle (70) he will have his work cut out to get by him, no one has been able beat him other then a play here and there. I have him seen him at camps this summer , tall kid both not very strong looking kid. Pretty sure Rice is looking for him to play TE but he will need to hit the weight room , know his brother is at TCU with one of our ex. players.

Hunt plays at 107 MPH on every snap.He's 6'7 - 240 and the amazing thing is he's only 16 years old. He will be 17 when he graduates and a heck of a good tight end for Rice when he grows up. If your tackle can contain him he's done a whale of a job.

YTBulldogs
11-11-2012, 10:12 PM
He's 6'7 - 240 and the amazing thing is he's only 16 years old.

:eek:

Pudlugger
11-11-2012, 10:25 PM
Was LG injured players back this past Friday?

No YT we lost our big TE to a season ending knee injury. Other than that we are solid.

txsportswriter
11-12-2012, 03:42 AM
I would love to see LG pull off the upset in this one and show folks around the state just how tough District 26-3A was, but I just think EC is too much for the Leps. I'll take the Ricebirds in this one, 28-13. But, I will be rooting for the Leopards to win of course. Good luck LG!

hookandladder
11-12-2012, 07:17 AM
Hunt plays at 107 MPH on every snap.He's 6'7 - 240 and the amazing thing is he's only 16 years old. He will be 17 when he graduates and a heck of a good tight end for Rice when he grows up. If your tackle can contain him he's done a whale of a job.

Should be a great matchup with our best tackle, most likely he will be at Rice one year later then the Hunt kid. 6' 5" -245 runs a sub 4.8 and strong as a mule. He will block you till your out of the play or on your backside, most dominate tackle I have seen in many year and just a Junior.

Pudlugger
11-12-2012, 08:34 AM
Oue offensive line will need to step up in this game. We need to win the battle of the line of scrimmage. That means getting off the ball quickly and sustaining the blocks long enough to allow the rb to make the seams. We did not do that Friday against Cuero. That is one reason why we only gained 123 yards rushing the other was time of possession(Cuero +9 1/2 minutes). Cuero converted almost every series in the first half on 3rd downs. We gave up 5-6 yards on almost every first down on runs up the middle. We can't allow EC that much of an edge. We will need our defense to show up Friday. Our defense has played much better in crucial district games prior to Cuero and they can do it again against EC. Go Leps.

garciap77
11-12-2012, 10:50 AM
La Grange by 7!

Scoop27
11-12-2012, 12:50 PM
El Campo is already putting this game in the Win column. Lets play it first.
This is the Ricebirds toughest game of the season. Give the Leopards some credit

Spanish Camp
11-12-2012, 12:54 PM
This is the Ricebirds toughest game of the season. Give the Leopards some credit

How do you know what El Campo is doing?

Pudlugger
11-12-2012, 03:59 PM
El Campo is the favorite in this one everyone agrees but the Leps will play their best game of the season and put it all on the line. The Ricebirds will have to earn a win over La Grange Friday night.

1st and goal
11-12-2012, 04:39 PM
Will it be on any radio or internet broadcast?

hookandladder
11-12-2012, 05:05 PM

Both, KVLG-KBUCK. Radio and Interent.

1st and goal
11-12-2012, 05:14 PM
Both, KVLG-KBUCK. Radio and Interent.

Thanks! Do you have high Interent bills?

Bullaholic
11-12-2012, 05:15 PM
Just so happens I'll be in Victoria(hopefully) this next Friday visiting my brother who lives there. Perhaps I can drag him over to the stadium to get a look at these two teams.

Wise choice, regal---You would be shedding big alligator tears if you went to Flower Mound Friday....:D

hookandladder
11-12-2012, 05:19 PM
Thanks! Do you have high Interent bills?

Not following you,guess that went over my head.

speedbump
11-12-2012, 06:04 PM

http://www.kulpradio.com/

zebrablue2
11-12-2012, 06:33 PM
Would love to see the Leps win this one, but gotta go with the odds, Birds by 3 tds... Give um hell Leps!!!

txsportswriter
11-12-2012, 07:19 PM
Harris has the Ricebirds by 11 in this one. What was Padilla's pick?

Dawgfan64
11-12-2012, 07:47 PM
Haven't seen EC play but I think that 11 point favorites is low...more like 21 points IMHO.

Yoe_09
11-12-2012, 08:30 PM
El Campo(10-0)
31-Aug Waller W 31-0
07-Sep @Bryan Rudder W 55-26
14-Sep @Bay City W 56-7
21-Sep Richmond Foster W 16-7
05-Oct Bellville* W 28-7
12-Oct @Royal* W 63-21
19-Oct Wharton* W 17-10
26-Oct @Needville* W 27-0
02-Nov Sealy* W 42-21
09-Nov @Columbus* W 61-32

Vs.

La Grange(8-2)
31-Aug @Marble Falls L 56-36
07-Sep Columbus W 46-7
14-Sep Royal W 48-0
21-Sep @Needville W 47-0
28-Sep @Fischer Canyon Lake W 34-9
12-Oct Gonzales* W 35-34
19-Oct Smithville* W 21-20
26-Oct @Giddings* W 31-0
02-Nov Yoakum* W 28-27
09-Nov @Cuero* L 21-13

Thoughts & Predictions?

speedbump
11-12-2012, 09:18 PM

Wrong - Foster was and will be ECs toughest game unless they make the semis.

hookandladder
11-12-2012, 09:20 PM
I have also heard that La grange will play hard. Probably two teams of similar mentalities going at it in this one.

I hear that the LG o-line goes about 275 across the front. That may be the biggest online EC has seen since predistrict.

I like EC in a 2-3 touchdown win in this one.

We do not have one OL player at 275 , maybe someone is looking at some of our players on the sideline that do not play. I would say our OL average is around 225 to 230 , that's real size not how big you want to be.

speedbump
11-12-2012, 09:25 PM
We do not have one OL player at 275 , maybe someone is looking at some of our players on the sideline that do not play. I would say our OL average is around 225 to 230 , that's real size not how big you want to be.

Watched some LG stuff on Hudl. Yea number 70 for your leps is a heck of a pass blocker. Him and Hunts game within the game will be fun to watch.

hookandladder
11-12-2012, 10:12 PM
Watched some LG stuff on Hudl. Yea number 70 for your leps is a heck of a pass blocker. Him and Hunts game within the game will be fun to watch.

He is just as good as a run blocker, motor runs on high all game.

Manso/V8
11-13-2012, 06:27 AM
He is just as good as a run blocker, motor runs on high all game.
I am glad you two found some common ground to agree on.
I would love a chance to see this one, but forturnately we have a game that night.

Pudlugger
11-13-2012, 08:14 AM
Which team is Home and which is Visitor in this game?

YTBulldogs
11-13-2012, 09:11 AM
Call me nuts, cause I picked EC out the gate to win R4 easily, but--can't go against a D26 mate, after seeing what they went through to win one of the toughest districts.

Another one-pointer for ya LaGrange,

Lep's 31
Birds 30

1st and goal
11-13-2012, 09:27 AM
I think LG can do it, they will have to be able to move the ball on O and score at least 24 points. Their D will need to get a turnover or 2.

bird_fan
11-13-2012, 10:48 AM
asn alway beng a homer EC win n a good game
EC and LG have met twice before
1928 La Grange 21 El Campo 7
1946 Bi District El Campo 12 La Grange 0

Pudlugger
11-14-2012, 05:17 AM
Up early today & can't sleep. Might as well put up a post. LG has been through a tough district schedule finding a way to win in three crucial games by the narrowest of margins then suffering a letdown and loss to a fired up Cuero team. Now they get to play the top rated team in Region 4 in the first round of the playoffs. How's that for a reward! That being said I know this team does not like to lose. They will be fired up for this game. El Campo may be expecting an easy win, if so they will be disappointed. This Leopard team is one of the best in years and they will bring it all Friday night. Go Leps!

Old Green
11-14-2012, 05:52 AM
Leopards are going tobe tough defensively. The Lep defense is the fastest, most disciplined defense I've seen this year and they are sure tacklers. They'll bend but won't give up the big plays. Good luck to both teams.

Pudlugger
11-14-2012, 07:28 AM
Leopards are going tobe tough defensively. The Lep defense is the fastest, most disciplined defense I've seen this year and they are sure tacklers. They'll bend but won't give up the big plays. Good luck to both teams.

If the Leps are to win this game our D must play lights out and keep the score and EC time of possession down. Our offense can score on the Ricebirds but they have to have possession of the football to do it. Cuero was successful in converting 3rd downs and we can't let that happen Friday. Go Leps.

Old Green
11-14-2012, 07:30 AM
If the Leps are to win this game our D must play lights out and keep the score and EC time of possession down. Our offense can score on the Ricebirds but they have to have possession of the football to do it. Cuero was successful in converting 3rd downs and we can't let that happen Friday. Go Leps.:iagree:

hookandladder
11-14-2012, 07:47 AM
I think most feel we have no chance however that is not what our players are feeling, after watching film on EC players are fired up and ready to go. This games reminds me and has the feel of our game with Giddings, most feeling the other team has just to many athlete's and just to good for us to beat. Who really knows what to expect come Friday , I just know we will come ready to play and lay it on the line. You can bet we will still line up to stop the run first and make Brandl beat us with his arm, know the kid very well from summer playing baseball with him and he is one competitive kid with great parent's. Just hope the EC players are buying into this game being a should win for them as most of their fans are, ready for Friday night. Tailgate Party will be setup at 5pm Friday at stadium , Making a big pot of homemade Beef Stew. Took three years to get back to the Playoffs and we are Ready, Good Luck to both teams for injury free game. Go Leps.

Football fan
11-14-2012, 09:02 AM
This thread is like Groundhog Day.

hookandladder
11-14-2012, 09:09 AM

What is that day like.

Pudlugger
11-14-2012, 09:17 AM

Not enough EC boosters on here to give more balance to this thread. We LG folks need to keep busy posting while we wait for Friday night. Meanwhile our team is working hard to be ready for this game. Go Leps!

Pudlugger
11-14-2012, 10:38 AM
BTW are the Leps home or visitors in this game?

Football fan
11-14-2012, 12:08 PM
It's not the quantity of posts. It's the redundancy.

We get it. La Grange plays hard. They have won close games in a perceived tough district. People are making a mistake by discounting them.

It's like they are the high school football version of Rudy.

Pudlugger
11-14-2012, 12:31 PM

We get it. La Grange plays hard. They have won close games in a perceived tough district. People are making a mistake by discounting them.

I love it how guys come on the board and make 37 posts and start making fun of other posters who have been here for 10 years.:taunt:

scrub c
11-14-2012, 12:35 PM
IMO
EC is big and physical. Very basic, but very good at it.
Have not seen LG this year, but last year they were big and physical. Not sure how many of those return from last year...
EC will take the air out of the ball just running their offense, kind of a this is what we do approach, and not beat themselves.
If LG can do the same, This could be a heck of a game.

EC is beatable... but if LG dont do it, I dont see anyone else in reg IV bracket that will beat them.

Pudlugger
11-14-2012, 02:45 PM
Looks like EC #6 Hudl video linked on this thread in page 1 has been blocked. I guess they didn't like LG folks getting a look at the competition.

hookandladder
11-14-2012, 02:45 PM
IMO
Have not seen LG this year, but last year they were big and physical. Not sure how many of those return from last year...
EC will take the air out of the ball just running their offense, kind of a this is what we do approach, and not beat themselves.
If LG can do the same, This could be a heck of a game.

EC is beatable... but if LG dont do it, I dont see anyone else in reg IV bracket that will beat them.

We run the same basic offense ( Pistol ) as last year however we will go under center half the time and also will spread it out with 5 wide outs, we start 15 underclassmen with 7 Senior that played major roles last season. Junior class has a numbe of skilled players and one Sophomore that started last year on Varsity, this could be a very fast game with both teams wanting to run the ball and eat up the clock. We are still pretty big and physical however our offense has been much better from start to finish as far as moving the ball, we need the same effort we had against Giddings and we will be fine.

Bull's-eye
11-14-2012, 04:12 PM
IMO

I have seen EC play against Bellville & Sealy, I agree 100% with your assessment. They stay very basic & don't really open up their offense until they need a big play. Their QB has a gun, but will do more damage running the ball. They could probably throw to their big TE all day, but they elect to pound the rock. A typical LG team would probably match up better than most 3A teams, but their size will finally wear you down. Don't ask me how Wharton played them so close, maybe they know something the other teams don't? IMO, don't play their ball control game. Their defense is very good against the run, most teams don't even get 100 yards rushing. Try to beat them with big plays, especially through the air.

speedbump
11-14-2012, 04:45 PM

This is the first time EC has played against a team that plays hard, had some tough district games and will be fired up. Maybe they will just stay home.

"perceived " That's a good word. I like that word.

hookandladder
11-14-2012, 05:08 PM

So give us your take on the game, tell us what you think instead of sitting behind your keyboard. How bad will you beat us , are you even from EC.

hookandladder
11-14-2012, 05:11 PM
This is the first time EC has played against a team that plays hard, had some tough district games and will be fired up. Maybe they will just stay home.

"perceived " That's a good word. I like that word.

You sound like a coach on this board, no way a real coach would be ignorant enough to come on a meassage board. Would you.

speedbump
11-14-2012, 05:21 PM
You sound like a coach on this board, no way a real coach would be ignorant enough to come on a meassage board. Would you.

If I was a coach I wouldn't have time for this board.

Football fan
11-14-2012, 05:38 PM
So give us your take on the game, tell us what you think instead of sitting behind your keyboard. How bad will you beat us , are you even from EC.

I already provided my thoughts earlier in the thread. It's probably hard for you to find it among all of the mindless La Grange chatter that is repeated every day.

Football fan
11-14-2012, 05:45 PM

And why does it matter if I am from EC? You didn't go to school at Texas but have jumped squarely on the bandwagon if your posts on this forum are any indication.

Pudlugger
11-14-2012, 06:38 PM
Okay it's just that we don't like snarky posts. Let's move on.

hookandladder
11-14-2012, 07:03 PM
I already provided my thoughts earlier in the thread. It's probably hard for you to find it among all of the mindless La Grange chatter that is repeated every day.

OK Glen Flores , where ever that might be. We now know you know it all, Congrats.

hookandladder
11-14-2012, 07:04 PM
If I was a coach I wouldn't have time for this board.

Where else could you go and downgrade people for supporting their team, not everyone is an expert as you.

Football fan
11-14-2012, 07:20 PM
Which team is Home and which is Visitor in this game?

La Grange is the home team.

speedbump
11-14-2012, 07:40 PM
Where else could you go and downgrade people for supporting their team, not everyone is an expert as you.

Now that we agree that I'm an expert here's how the game will go. The first quarter will be a feeling out process for the Birds and LGs best chance to score if given a short field on a turnover or good return by the Leps. The second quarter will see EC taking control of the line of scrimmage (both sides) and putting together a couple of TD drives. That will continue in the third as EC pulls away and in the fourth the Leps get another score to counter ECs fourth quarter score.

Final EC 34 LG 14 "and dats da name a dat tune"

Pudlugger
11-14-2012, 07:46 PM
La Grange is the home team.

Thanks. I couldn't get that info for some reason. The leps play best in their home colors. The last time we were in Victoria Memorial was in the 2000 run for the State Championship game 3 against Yoakum. We were home team then as well. We scored on an option around the right with Tye Gunn going 70 yards for the td. We won that game 49-22. We went on to win state against Forney with Da'Bryon Blanton 20-17. That's history but you know what they say history repeats itself. How do you like them apples Football Fan? :taunt:

hookandladder
11-14-2012, 08:46 PM
Now that we agree that I'm an expert here's how the game will go. The first quarter will be a feeling out process for the Birds and LGs best chance to score if given a short field on a turnover or good return by the Leps. The second quarter will see EC taking control of the line of scrimmage (both sides) and putting together a couple of TD drives. That will continue in the third as EC pulls away and in the fourth the Leps get another score to counter ECs fourth quarter score.

That sounds about what we have heard before this year, so is Wharton that much better then everybody in our District. Pretty sure Bellville cleaned their clock and Wharton got beat by EC by 7, EC' turns around and beats Needville by what 4 Td's and we all know how bad Needville was this year. Just curious how you are comparing LG to EC, How can Wharton hold EC to 17 points and then have Bellville donkey stomp them. How does the expect come to this conclusion , tell us unknowledgeable LG fans so we can learn something.

speedbump
11-14-2012, 09:22 PM
That sounds about what we have heard before this year, so is Wharton that much better then everybody in our District. Pretty sure Bellville cleaned their clock and Wharton got beat by EC by 7, EC' turns around and beats Needville by what 4 Td's and we all know how bad Needville was this year. Just curious how you are comparing LG to EC, How can Wharton hold EC to 17 points and then have Bellville donkey stomp them. How does the expect come to this conclusion , tell us unknowledgeable LG fans so we can learn something.

Simple stuff. Wharton would almost rather beat EC than win state. (almost) The Birds started out sloppy and spotted Wharton their 10 points before they ran two offensive plays. After that EC just pounded away until the fired up Tigers ran out of clock. Wharton went up against Bellville with a battered and beaten shell of the team that played EC. and they were down emotionally from the loss to their biggest rival and the loss of their QB who was without a doubt one of the best in the region. Needville? Drizzling rain in the first half and Needville. Time to not get anyone hurt.

The Leps are a good team that will come to play,as did Foster, Bellville, Wharton and Sealy. The Leps know what they need to do to win. So did Foster, Bellville, Wharton and Sealy.

Football fan
11-14-2012, 10:24 PM

Turnovers in both games.

Pudlugger
11-15-2012, 06:35 AM

Well here's how I see it going. LG wins the toss and differs. EC takes the kickoff and returns to the 35. The Lep defense holds them 3 and out. EC attempts punt but a high snap puts the ball on their 7 yard line. LG takes it into the endzone after two plays. LG kicks off onsides kick and recovers on the EC 40. On a long flag route LG connects for 6 with PAT to go up by 14. LG kicks off to the up man who fumbles and LG recovers. LG scores on a 35 yard run off left tackle and goes for 2 after unsportsmanlike penalty puts the ball on the 1. PAT good LG 22 EC 0. The game continues with back and forth scoring until the 4th quarter when LG puts it away with 2 scores coming off sustained drives mixing in short pass routes and 4-6 yards per carry runs. Final LG 42-EC 21.:evilgrin::stirpot::1popcorn:

hookandladder
11-15-2012, 07:31 AM
Simple stuff. Wharton would almost rather beat EC than win state. (almost) The Birds started out sloppy and spotted Wharton their 10 points before they ran two offensive plays. After that EC just pounded away until the fired up Tigers ran out of clock. Wharton went up against Bellville with a battered and beaten shell of the team that played EC. and they were down emotionally from the loss to their biggest rival and the loss of their QB who was without a doubt one of the best in the region. Needville? Drizzling rain in the first half and Needville. Time to not get anyone hurt.

The Leps are a good team that will come to play,as did Foster, Bellville, Wharton and Sealy. The Leps know what they need to do to win. So did Foster, Bellville, Wharton and Sealy.

So EC close games are because Wharton plays all out to beat only EC and you played Needville in the drizzling rain and did not want to get anyone hurt. Wow, that is on the lines of what I said about our game with Cuero and all hell broke lose, I guess now we know EC weak spots, Drizzling rain and big time Rivalry . Looks like neither will happen on Friday other then who plays well but if EC plays bad and we were to somehow beat EC , I am sure there will be a reason. Hope for an injury free game and Go Leps. Rah Rah , is that OK to do on this board or should I say thread.

Pudlugger
11-15-2012, 07:37 AM

That's risible.:1popcorn:

speedbump
11-15-2012, 07:53 AM
That's risible.:1popcorn:

Wasn't meant to be. I'm the expert you know. Probably why I'm ten of ten on my predictions. Scary aint it?

hookandladder
11-15-2012, 08:12 AM
Wasn't meant to be. I'm the expert you know. Probably why I'm ten of ten on my predictions. Scary aint it?

Sounds like the odds are favorable for a miss, Game on.

teetle
11-15-2012, 09:33 AM
I wishes thats I hads good news for mys friend Pud buts Elcampo verys strong. Leps cant's hangs with them. I hopes thats I ams wrongs. One times I wases. Good Luck Puds:eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Pudlugger
11-15-2012, 09:39 AM
Thanks teetle we can use all the luck we can get.

Pudlugger
11-16-2012, 03:43 AM
Game day! Go for the upset. Taylor did it so can we. Go Leps beat the Ricebirds.

Manso/V8
11-16-2012, 03:47 AM
El Campo is a very solid team across the board. They are the strongest team Bellville has played in recent years. The scores of previous EC games, other than the fact that in all ten of their games they have scored more points than their opponents, has little bearing on this game. They seem to do what it takes to win, and likely has not opened their playbook up because up until now, they haven't had to. Bellville beats many teams by a wide margin because they are not familiar with or prepared to defend the slot t blocking scheme. I think that is one of the main reasons the Brahmas thumped Wharton, and other district opponents like they did. With El Campo, that didn't matter. Their DL was good enough to defend the slot t, familiar with the scheme or not.

Best of luck to both teams.!

sock
11-16-2012, 04:26 AM
El Campo wins big here, they are too strong and fast.

Pudlugger
11-16-2012, 08:01 AM
El Campo wins big here, they are too strong and fast.

What do you know about La Grange? Do you think the Leps are too slow and too weak? Let me inform you they are not. I don't think El Campo has faced a team as good as the Leopards in their district.:stirpot::1popcorn: So many folks have commented on how the Ricebirds will run over the Leps. Well I disagree. Tonight we shall see who is too strong and too fast.

YTBulldogs
11-16-2012, 10:41 AM
Can't miss this one. Think there will be a few surprises.

YTBulldogs
11-16-2012, 10:58 AM
Appears numerous Yoakum players and Dog supporters are heading to this one tonight. Pud or Hook, ya'll home or visitors. Please excuse me, if it's posted already, but--I didn't see it.

hookandladder
11-16-2012, 11:12 AM
Appears numerous Yoakum players and Dog supporters are heading to this one tonight. Pud or Hook, ya'll home or visitors. Please excuse me, if it's posted already, but--I didn't see it.

We are the Home team , Thanks for the support.

YTBulldogs
11-16-2012, 11:15 AM
Stew around 5:30 Hook?

hookandladder
11-16-2012, 12:52 PM
Stew around 5:30 Hook?

Sounds about right, maybe closer to 6.

1st and goal
11-16-2012, 02:02 PM
Go Leps! Due to car trouble, I'm going to have to listen on the radio. :(

29-3aFAN
11-16-2012, 03:50 PM
I will be there watching, good luck to the Leps, and all of D26

YTBulldogs
11-16-2012, 05:13 PM
Swing by Hook's motor home for a tail gate greeting 29-3aFAN. Love to meet ya. We will be there around 5:30'ish. Can't miss it, will have the Lep's flags flying.

speedbump
11-16-2012, 06:23 PM
Can't miss this one. Think there will be a few surprises.ight.

The biggest surprise will be for Yoakum when Bartee Grissom trots out on the field Sat. N

Manso/V8
11-16-2012, 07:11 PM
ight.

The biggest surprise will be for Yoakum when Bartee Grissom trots out on the field Sat. N

Do tell!

SintonFan
11-16-2012, 07:38 PM
Good luck Leps!!! :thumbsup:

speedbump
11-16-2012, 08:02 PM
Do tell!

Finn says Grissom will probably see a little action against Yoakum but won't be full speed for a couple more weeks.

Football fan
11-17-2012, 03:03 AM

I counted 3 sacks tonight.

29-3aFAN
11-17-2012, 01:20 PM
BY MIKE FORMAN

MFORMAN@VICAD.COM

La Grange must have felt like it was playing with a backfield of five for the first half of its Class 3A, Division I bi-district game against El Campo.

The problem for the Leopards was the extra player was wearing red.

The El Campo defense wreaked havoc while sprinting out to a four-touchdown lead before coming away with a 35-21 win Friday night at Memorial Stadium.

“I just think we played as a team,” said El Campo defensive end Cole Hunt. “Everybody just swarmed to the football and gang tackled. Coach (Wayne) Condra preaches that all the time. Eleven hats to the ball and that’s what we do and we showed it tonight.”

El Campo improved to 11-0 and advanced to the regional round against Somerset, a 49-6 winner over Boerne. La Grange finished the season at 8-3.

The Ricebirds forced three of La Grange’s four turnovers in the first half and limited the Leopards to 38 net yards rushing. The special teams also produced points when B.J. Flagg fell on a bad punt snap in the end zone.

“Lights out, lights out, lights out,” El Campo head coach Bob Gillis said of the defense. “We had them down and dialed them in and just absolutely controlled the line of scrimmage and everything they did and that’s kind of the reason why the score was the way it was.”

El Campo scored on its first three possessions, getting touchdown runs of 1 and 28 yards by quarterback Bryce Brandl and 9 yards by running back Jack Davis.

“Our team came out like we never came out before,” said running back Montray Johnson, who added a 15-yard touchdown run in the second quarter. “We came out pumped up. It was a team thing. That’s what made us go up on them.”

The Ricebirds rushed for 301 yards and averaged over nine yards per carry. Brandl led the way with 133 yards, Davis had 88 and Johnson added 80.

“I felt like our guys really came out focused,” Gillis said. “You hate to say it may have been too good of a start, but everything we did worked and everything they did didn’t work. You never want to let your guard down.”

La Grange took advantage of an El Campo fumble and scored twice in the third quarter behind quarterback Logan Vinklarek, who threw for 209 yards and two touchdowns.

“The second half we talked about just coming out and driving the ball a little bit and we did,” Gillis said. “We had the fumble and it kind of turned the tide and give La Grange credit. It’s the district champ for a reason.”

The Leopards had a first down at the El Campo 8-yard line early in the fourth quarter, but the Ricebirds forced a 40-yard field goal try that was wide to the left.

La Grange had only one more possession and managed just one first down.

“They’re kind of like a small El Campo team that’s never going to quit and they played their hearts out tonight,” Hunt said. “They could have easily come back. A lot of teams would shatter under that type of pressure and we held our own.”

YTBulldogs
11-17-2012, 02:16 PM
Tough 1st quarter for the Lep's. What could of been? Dern it. Thanks for the stew Hook. Yoakum players appreciated it. Pud, I was hoping to meet you at the tailgate, but--didn't see ya.

29-3aFAN, pleasure meeting you and thanks for the steak after the game.

Pudlugger
11-17-2012, 03:58 PM
Tough 1st quarter for the Lep's. What could of been? Dern it. Thanks for the stew Hook. Yoakum players appreciated it. Pud, I was hoping to meet you at the tailgate, but--didn't see ya.

29-3aFAN, pleasure meeting you and thanks for the steak after the game.

Too bad we had the biggest nightmare first 8 minutes in Lep football history we might have been able to pull it off but to give up 21 points on fumbles and high snaps is too much when your playing a team as good as EC. Going for the conversion with the fake punt on 4th and 2 on our 40 yl was a mistake imo. They knew it was coming and #12 ran right into a wall of Red and White jerseys. Sorry we missed you we got a late start and with the traffic on HWY 77 didn't get there until 7 so we just took our seats. Good luck tonight hope your guys get the win for D26.