PDA

View Full Version : Region III Bi-District GotW: Carthage(8-2) Vs. Palestine(7-3)

Yoe_09
11-12-2012, 08:26 PM
Carthage(8-2)
31-Aug Jacksonville L 34-30
07-Sep Lindale W 38-21
14-Sep @Tyler Chapel Hill W 30-6
21-Sep @Nacogdoches W 44-21
28-Sep Whitehouse L 29-27
05-Oct Rusk W 54-14
12-Oct Huntington* W 56-0
19-Oct @Center* W 45-29
26-Oct Jasper* W 49-31
02-Nov @Diboll* W 55-14

Vs.

Palestine(7-3)
31-Aug Waco La Vega L 24-23 OT
07-Sep @Jacksonville W 37-20
14-Sep @Kaufman W 24-10
21-Sep Tyler Chapel Hill L 34-14
28-Sep Athens W 49-0
05-Oct @Pittsburg W 39-14
19-Oct Rusk* W 35-28
26-Oct @Groesbeck* W 30-23
02-Nov Mexia* W 63-24
09-Nov @Fairfield* L 60-59 OT

Thoughts & Predictions?

defense51
11-12-2012, 10:26 PM
Carthage by 14

regaleagle
11-13-2012, 02:16 AM
Carthage will be playing at a different level now that the playoffs are here. They've been playing at a pretty strong level the past 5 games, LOL. Personally, I don't think the score really matters. It will be Carthage controlling the game, period. Palestine has been putting up mediocre points against questionable competition. Either I'm wrong about Palestine, or Carthage gives away the ranch due to some unforeseen circumstance. I don't think I'm wrong about Carthage, though. They are deep, and they are good.

oldtownag
11-13-2012, 07:25 AM
35-21 Carthage. Palestine scores 2 late vs. 2nd string.

cowboyandchrist
11-13-2012, 08:39 AM
This will be the first game coach S gives a look at the Dawgs he has been molding into a championship run. They will be very good this Friday night, but they will be better next week and the week after. The O line and D line will be the strength of this team. Palestine will see a totally different team than what they have seen on film. If anyone has watched the Dawgs since coach S has been at Carthage, they know each game they played untill district started was to find the weekness and correct it. When district starts it is all about preparing for the oppent and how to beat there weekness. The Dawgs 42 Plaestine 21.

oldtownag
11-13-2012, 08:05 PM
This will be the first game coach S gives a look at the Dawgs he has been molding into a championship run. They will be very good this Friday night, but they will be better next week and the week after. The O line and D line will be the strength of this team. Palestine will see a totally different team than what they have seen on film. If anyone has watched the Dawgs since coach S has been at Carthage, they know each game they played untill district started was to find the weekness and correct it. When district starts it is all about preparing for the oppent and how to beat there weekness. The Dawgs 42 Plaestine 21.

Copy Paste

icu812
11-13-2012, 08:52 PM
Palestine is hard to figure out. When the play up to their potential they can be very good. They just aren't very consistant game to game. Carthage is just to well coached and talented to lose this one.

cowboyandchrist
11-14-2012, 07:02 PM
I just found out the D got a huge face lift in the secondary, I wont say how, but when the game starts people will say wow those guys are fast and can they hit. Coach S never seast to amaze me. It was a brilliant move. Lets go Dawgs.

easttexas3a
11-14-2012, 07:45 PM
Big time news......

Coach S used a kid from Palestine's hudl account to login to Palestine video files. A UIL investigation is under way. Not sure what the penalty may be, but have heard they could possibly have watched Palestine's practices this week online.

If the UIL finds it to be true, no matter how they got that login info, that is just a shame!

lakeman
11-14-2012, 09:13 PM
I'll take Cathrage by 2TDs

hollywood
11-15-2012, 01:41 AM
Big time news......

Coach S used a kid from Palestine's hudl account to login to Palestine video files. A UIL investigation is under way. Not sure what the penalty may be, but have heard they could possibly have watched Palestine's practices this week online.

If the UIL finds it to be true, no matter how they got that login info, that is just a shame!

Whatever!

Anyway, why would they want to do that?! Palestine lost to Fairfield last week. Glen Rose beat Fairfield like a drum 45-6. If Carthage is as good as their fans say they are, then so could Carthage. If its close with Palestine, then Carthage won't make it very far in the playoffs.

cowboyandchrist
11-15-2012, 07:23 AM
Big time news......

You tried that same rumor over on Smoaky and Smoaky checked it out and came back with a response to you. I will remind you what he said, there was no truth to the rumor and if it continues you will be band from Smoaky.

easttexas3a
11-15-2012, 09:45 AM
You tried that same rumor over on Smoaky and Smoaky checked it out and came back with a response to you. I will remind you what he said, there was no truth to the rumor and if it continues you will be band from Smoaky.

It is true though, I am not the person on smoaky, I heard this through a coach at Teague.

Smoaky contacted the UIL and Carthage yesterday. Neither one of those parties were involved or knew at the time. And why would Carthage admit to Smoaky there is an issue.

Smoaky has been given the proper information to confirm the story, we will have to wait and see if he will do that or not.

Aggie98
11-15-2012, 12:17 PM
Whatever the issue was, it has apparently been resolved without incident.

MGAR
11-15-2012, 12:28 PM
Sounds like something Carthage would do.

regaleagle
11-15-2012, 01:20 PM
Sounds like much ado about nothing to me. Game films, scouting reports, etc, are readily available to the coaching staffs of each team to prepare their teams each week.

MGAR
11-15-2012, 02:14 PM
Sounds like much ado about nothing to me. Game films, scouting reports, etc, are readily available to the coaching staffs of each team to prepare their teams each week.

But weekly practice film isn't.

cowboyandchrist
11-15-2012, 04:28 PM
You no nothing about Carthage or what they would do or not do. Coach S is one of the best high school coaches in the country and not because of a practice film on a team. It makes you sick that the Dawgs might win number four in five years don't it Beast

oldtownag
11-16-2012, 01:41 PM
You no nothing about Carthage or what they would do or not do. Coach S is one of the best high school coaches in the country and not because of a practice film on a team. It makes you sick that the Dawgs might win number four in five years don't it Beast

Translation: You know nothing about Carthage or how they prepare for games. Coach Surratt is an excellent coach and does not have to resort to cheating. MGAR, it makes you sick that Carthage is better than Kilgore.

Not my words just translation.

Does Palestine even have a slim chance?

hollywood
11-16-2012, 02:58 PM
Translation: You know nothing about Carthage or how they prepare for games. Coach Surratt is an excellent coach and does not have to resort to cheating. MGAR, it makes you sick that Carthage is better than Kilgore.

Not my words just translation.

lol!

Aggie98
11-16-2012, 03:02 PM
Does Palestine even have a slim chance?

Yes. Palestine can score in bunches if they don't turn it over.

Indian 1985
11-16-2012, 05:55 PM
I have relatives in Palestine, so.....

GO CARTHAGE!!!!

:taunt:

cowboyandchrist
11-16-2012, 08:44 PM
7 TO 0 Dawgs in the 1st

cowboyandchrist
11-16-2012, 08:52 PM
Dawgs up 14 to 0 in the 1st

Indian 1985
11-16-2012, 08:58 PM
dawgs up 14 to 0 in the 1st

:) go dawgs!

oldtownag
11-16-2012, 11:28 PM
30-27 Carthage final

Dawgs played sloppy.

The Dawgs are in trouble. I know they won and they can win a lot different ways but I would be concerned to say the least.

cowboyandchrist
11-16-2012, 11:48 PM
The Dawgs are in trouble. I know they won and they can win a lot different ways but I would be concerned to say the least.

I totally agree with you, I have not seen the Dawgs play this bad in 5 years. They have never played a bad playoff game in those 5 years, tonight they not only made dumb mistakes, coach S made calls that made you go what the heck. We would run the ball on them at will, but he would stop running the ball and try and throw it. The Dawgs could not catch a cold tonight and Bogie made bad throws all night. If we play the next game like tonight we will loose. The only way the Dawgs can make me believe they can play with a team like the Ville, they will have to blow Taylor out next week and I mean hang 50 on them by half time. The Dawgs have a team full of veterns, even though they start 10 juniors on the O side of the ball, they all started last year. This is the same team that took Argyle to two overtimes last year. As you can tell I am very dissapointed in tonights game. Carthage is known for being a different team in the playoffs, well tonight they were and it was not good.

Old LB
11-17-2012, 12:07 AM
I totally agree with you, I have not seen the Dawgs play this bad in 5 years. They have never played a bad playoff game in those 5 years, tonight they not only made dumb mistakes, coach S made calls that made you go what the heck. We would run the ball on them at will, but he would stop running the ball and try and throw it. The Dawgs could not catch a cold tonight and Bogie made bad throws all night. If we play the next game like tonight we will loose. The only way the Dawgs can make me believe they can play with a team like the Ville, they will have to blow Taylor out next week and I mean hang 50 on them by half time. The Dawgs have a team full of veterns, even though they start 10 juniors on the O side of the ball, they all started last year. This is the same team that took Argyle to two overtimes last year. As you can tell I am very dissapointed in tonights game. Carthage is known for being a different team in the playoffs, well tonight they were and it was not good.

Sure hate to hear that!

83Indian
11-17-2012, 01:53 AM

I would not be so hard on them Cowboy. You played bad and won. Most teams cant do that.

83Indian
11-17-2012, 01:53 AM

I would not be so hard on them Cowboy. You played bad and won. Most teams cant do that.

ctown81
11-17-2012, 08:34 AM

Slow down Cowboy lol. We played like a team coming off a bi week going against a district champ. I'd be more concern if Palestine just physically kept themselves in the game but it seems Carthage gave them every opportunity to stay in it. Stephenville, we are still coming for you!

Slow down Cowboy lol. We played like a team coming off a bi week going against a district champ. I'd be more concern if Palestine just physically kept themselves in the game but it seems Carthage gave them every opportunity to stay in it. Stephenville, we are still coming for you!

If you make it that far. Good luck you had better be playing perfect or its an ass woopin

Dawgs
11-17-2012, 10:58 AM
I'm not as far off the ledge as Cowboy, but I agree. That was not a very impressive win last night. We are making too many dumb mistakes to beat top tier teams. This year has been very strange...Come in the year hyped up with a team full of juniors, then really a roller coaster of a season. One game we play good, and look to really be making progress, and the next we revert back to this same stuff. We need to have more disicpline as a team, and knock off all the extra curricular activity after plays. This team is very talented, but I'm not sure if our kids are playing as a TEAM. Hopefully it was just bye week rust. If we dont knock off some of the mistakes, and start playing Carthage football; we will get embarrassed in the semis.