PDA

View Full Version : Region I Bi-District GotW: Alvarado(7-3) Vs. Gatesville(10-0)

Pages : [1] 2

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-10-2012, 09:03 PM
Ok a game of win or go home.. Who ya got? And why.

Alvarado held Venus to 18 total yards offense and had 515 yds. Good luck Gatesville!

IndianQbdad
11-10-2012, 09:13 PM
Ok a game of win or go home.. Who ya got? And why.

Alvarado held Venus to 18 total yards offense and had 515 yds. Good luck Gatesville!

I seem a fire in my sons ( 18- Kenny west) eyes last night that I haven't seen since last year so good luck gatesville, he is hungry again

BullBoy
11-10-2012, 09:14 PM
Don't know anything about Gatesville but I think Alvarado wins this one by a pretty comfortable margin.

Yoe_09
11-10-2012, 09:44 PM
This should be a good match-up. Gatesville is undefeated on the season. It could be close, but I would be leaning towards Gatesville here.

Eagle 1
11-10-2012, 09:49 PM
I'll take the Hornets.

FB-fanatic
11-10-2012, 09:56 PM
I'll take the Hornets. They are very balanced.

Bosqueville
11-10-2012, 10:05 PM
Gatesville by 7. That QB is a stud for Gatesville! I will be at this one!

IndianQbdad
11-10-2012, 10:17 PM
This should be a good match-up. Gatesville is undefeated on the season. It could be close, but I would be leanings toward Gatesville here.

Wrong .....Gatesville's season will end Friday night. I think Alvarado woke up. The Indians come out and play a flawless game, 450 plus total offense. This win boost them into a whole different level of play and leads them through the playoffs to win their first state championship. Alvarado 42- gatesville 21

hollywood
11-10-2012, 10:36 PM
For those of you who have seen Alvarado play this season, you know how good they are. Defense is nasty! Toughest defense I've seen so far. Offensively, very big O-line that paves the way for #8 and #11 RBs. QB is very solid on the pass when they do throw it. Great play action.
For those of you who have seen Gatesville play this season, you know how good they are too. Offense is good with a pretty salty defense. Offensively led by QB #9 who is the play maker who can scramble! Strong accurate arm with a good core of receivers. Good sized O-line.

I've had the opportunity to see both. IMO, Alvarado has faced 2 of the top spread offenses in the state in Sville and Glen Rose. They are much more familiar and you can bet they have made some adjustments on defense to better defend it. Their best defense is their offense though. They love to chip away yard by yard eating up clock and frustrating defenses until they ware down.

Alvarado will match up good with Gatesville IMO. Especially in the trenches. I see Alvarado winning this one pretty handily. They are that good. Alvarado by 20.

Prediction:
Alvarado 34
Gatesville 14

toddg
11-10-2012, 11:05 PM
first off..great season Gatesville!! going 10-0 is no small feat no matter how you slice it!!! and winning district 8 when many, so called, experts predicted a 4th place finish for ya'll, and doing it decisively...very impressive!!

i bleed purple, and i believe the Indians will win!

regaleagle
11-10-2012, 11:12 PM
first off..great season Gatesville!! going 10-0 is no small feat no matter how you slice it!!! and winning district 8 when many, so called, experts predicted a 4th place finish for ya'll, and doing it decisively...very impressive!!

i bleed purple, and i believe the Indians will win!

Great Post!!!

regaleagle
11-10-2012, 11:15 PM
Before I make a pick in this game, I'd like to hear a little more about Gatesville and how they match up to Alvarado.....like some stats, their key playmakers, offensive and defensive schemes, etc. I'm pretty much familiar with what Alvarado will bring to the party, lol.

Hornet
11-10-2012, 11:16 PM
Looking forward to the match-up and a great game on Friday night. Both teams come in playing very well..Power I vs. a very well balanced spread....the Hornets will win a close one on Friday over the Indians.

Predicting a Hornet win, 31-28.

83Indian
11-10-2012, 11:23 PM
I got to go with my Indians. The best game we have played this year was against the Ville and came pretty close to pulling off the upset. But in my opinion, we have not played a complete game yet. You will see a mean nasty defense, consistent pounding offense, and improved special teams (our kicker made 8 of last 9 pats) come Friday night. JV kicker last night put two kickoffs in the end zone. Coach dixon will have some surprises that have not been seen all year. With that being said, Gatesville has run the table. 10 and 0. Lowest point output was 24 against Connally who upset Alvarado. The Key to this game will be the Alvarado D vs. The Gatesville O. Defense gives Alvarado at least two stops, Gatesville will be in trouble. If not, this will come down to the wire. I'm going with Alvarado 35, Gatesville 28

toddg
11-10-2012, 11:35 PM
I seem a fire in my sons ( 18- Kenny west) eyes last night that I haven't seen since last year so good luck gatesville, he is hungry again

thats good to hear!! he is 33-6 as the starting QB, thats 39 games in 3 years..that young man has been a part of some big wins thats for sure!!

IndianQbdad
11-10-2012, 11:54 PM
thats good to hear!! he is 33-6 as the starting QB, thats 39 games in 3 years..that young man has been a part of some big wins thats for sure!!

Yes sir he has. From the comeback against kennedale his sophomore year to defeating prosper and of course the anilation of Henderson last year with a run to the state championship that should have been won. Kenny is a fierce competitor, who is very calm and cool in any situation , we seen that last year with the possible go ahead long bomb at sc that set them up for the win , and of course we know what happened next. Anyways , congrats to all teams in the playoffs. Go INDIANS

hollywood
11-10-2012, 11:55 PM
Before I make a pick in this game, I'd like to hear a little more about Gatesville and how they match up to Alvarado.....like some stats, their key playmakers, offensive and defensive schemes, etc. I'm pretty much familiar with what Alvarado will bring to the party, lol.

Before you make a pick, stats aren't enough. Both have played different strength of teams. Even comparing common opponents isn't a true indicator. Being more familiar with each teams strengths and weakness is probably a better assessment. But then again, these are 15-18 year old young men.

;)

toddg
11-11-2012, 10:07 AM
new season begins this week...and im excited!! its the playoffs..single elimination, and the Indians are ready!! not looking for revenge or payback..thats how ignorant fans think, we are just looking to win..one game at a time..dont really care where we are ranked, or how others view our team-it means nothing- cause this is where the rubber meets the asphalt!! do we have the horses to run this race? hell yes we do..and then some..we have a george foreman right hook with Ali quickness..the Indians will hit you in the mouth, and keep hitting you for 4 qtrs. bet on it!! we have a very physical football team..if you want to call us dirty, well...thats how losers think! we make no apologies for hitting hard every single play...so lets get this party started!!

OldBison75
11-11-2012, 10:22 AM
Gatesville will be a tough first game for the Indians, but that defense is pretty salty. I think the Indian defense will control the Hornet running game and force the QB to beat them by the passing game. If that happens and the Indians can keep the QB in the pocket, they win big. I look for the Hornets to use a little of the same strategy on defense. They will play 8 in the box to stop the run and forces the Indians to pass. The key difference here is that the Indians can pass effectively when they need to. Not saying that Gatesville can't pass, they are a great passing team. What I am saying is that when Gatesville must depend only on the pass they are not as dynamic an offense because the defense tees off on the QB and causes them to make mistakes.

I think Alvarado wins by 14.

Hendo
11-11-2012, 11:27 AM
Alvarado by a TD.

FB-fanatic
11-11-2012, 12:20 PM
Before you make a pick, stats aren't enough. Both have played different strength of teams. Even comparing common opponents isn't a true indicator. Being more familiar with each teams strengths and weakness is probably a better assessment. But then again, these are 15-18 year old young men.

;)

Up against a QB who is up for Supercentex Offensive Player of the Year. He has over 2000 yards passing and over 800 yards rushing. And a RB in Kee who is over 800 yards rushing, along with a 600 and 300 yard receiver.

toddg
11-11-2012, 01:04 PM
Up against a QB who is up for Supercentex Offensive Player of the Year. He has over 2000 yards passing and over 800 yards rushing. And a RB in Kee who is over 800 yards rushing, along with a 600 and 300 yard receiver.

up against a QB with 39 starts, 33-6, 2 semis, 1 SC appearance in 3 years..7-2 in playoff games, only has 1000 passing yards this year, but thats because 1 rb has over 1300 yds rushing and another rb with over 800 yds with several other backs accounting for mor than 500 yds rushing...i would say these 2 teams are statisticly even in offensive production..but i give the big game experiance edge to Alvarado by a lot.

hollywood
11-11-2012, 01:13 PM

Very commendable stats for a great QB. RB is pretty good as well.

hollywood
11-11-2012, 01:15 PM
up against a QB with 39 starts, 33-6, 2 semis, 1 SC appearance in 3 years..7-2 in playoff games, only has 1000 passing yards this year, but thats because 1 rb has over 1300 yds rushing and another rb with over 800 yds with several other backs accounting for mor than 500 yds rushing...i would say these 2 teams are statisticly even in offensive production..but i give the big game experiance edge to Alvarado by a lot.

Great post toddg, but edge is not by a lot. ;)

Advantage Alvarado by a lot. :clap:

hollywood
11-11-2012, 01:21 PM
Here's what I see. Gatesville is rolling and playing very well, undefeated. Their fans should be very proud. Anyone who is familiar with Gatesville whether they have seen them play or played against them knows they are a good team. Same goes for Alvarado. Two really good teams. By looking at records, most not familiar would pick Gatesville. Gatesville fans are in for a big surprise. They haven't faced a team as strong as Alvarado yet. But Alvarado has faced 2 teams much stronger than Gatesville. Advantage Alvarado.

slingshot
11-11-2012, 01:37 PM
...But Alvarado has faced 2 teams much stronger than Gatesville. Advantage Alvarado.And have been beaten by both of those teams. Gatesville is very balanced, has a stud QB... Alvarado is very one-dimensional and has a QB with an awesome record (but doesn't have Onderdonk this year to hand the ball off to... ). Gatesville by 10.

toddg
11-11-2012, 01:45 PM
And have been beaten by both of those teams. Gatesville is very balanced, has a stud QB... Alvarado is very one-dimensional and has a QB with an awesome record (but doesn't have Onderdonk this year to hand the ball off to... ). Gatesville by 10.

we have Onderdonck this year..even wears the same #7 jersey..he is just playing defense.

Bosqueville
11-11-2012, 01:58 PM
Here's what I see. Gatesville is rolling and playing very well, undefeated. Their fans should be very proud. Anyone who is familiar with Gatesville whether they have seen them play or played against them knows they are a good team. Same goes for Alvarado. Two really good teams. By looking at records, most not familiar would pick Gatesville. Gatesville fans are in for a big surprise. They haven't faced a team as strong as Alvarado yet. But Alvarado has faced 2 teams much stronger than Gatesville. Advantage Alvarado.

Um.. To me it seems that Alvarado has proved nothing. They've had 3 tough opponents and lost all 3. If anything, they've proved they can't win the big game. I would say Gatesville is in the same league as Glen Rose if not better. And we know how that game turned out.

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-11-2012, 02:20 PM
Um.. To me it seems that Alvarado has proved nothing. They've had 3 tough opponents and lost all 3. If anything, they've proved they can't win the big game. I would say Gatesville is in the same league as Glen Rose if not better. And we know how that game turned out.

Are you smoking Crack???? lol... GV is not EVEN close to any of the 3 teams in District 7. Wake up.......I say ALV by 21 at least. Without that QB they get beat like Venus did. But since his is a great athlete I say he makes a few good plays. But there's no way GV even hangs 21 on ALV. Promise you that! And for the poster that said Alvarado doesnt have Onderdonck anymore? We have 2 GREAT Rbs now... Not just one! Come on. And go ahead stack the heck out of that box. Everyone else does.. And NO ONE has held #8 under 100 yds ALL YEAR.. No one! And the average D of GV will get trampled by this Alvarado Offensive line. OH.... and Alvarado cAnt win the BIG game? At least they've been to the Big dance last year.. and lost by 1........ ENOUGH SAID.

FB-fanatic
11-11-2012, 02:24 PM
Alvarado lost to a team that didn't even make the playoffs. I think you guys are trying to convince yourselves you are good.

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-11-2012, 02:28 PM
Alvarado lost to a team that didn't even make the playoffs. I think you guys are trying to convince yourselves you are good.Everyone has a down day.. we did that night.. You will see..

HEMOTOXIC
Wow, I am so glad that the game is played on the field otherwise Gatesville shouldn't even bother showing up. For Gatesville to go 10-0 isn't coincidental. They do what they do well. Whether it will be enough to beat the Indians, we shall see.

Good Luck to both teams!

COBRAFOOTBALL
Alvarado lost to a team that didn't even make the playoffs. I think you guys are trying to convince yourselves you are good.

and we need no Convincing.... ASK ANYONE.......

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-11-2012, 02:31 PM
And have been beaten by both of those teams. Gatesville is very balanced, has a stud QB... Alvarado is very one-dimensional and has a QB with an awesome record (but doesn't have Onderdonk this year to hand the ball off to... ). Gatesville by 10.

and really?? what is that "one dimension" you keep talking about? The running game? The Defense? The Coaching? where is this? help me here?

Tin Cup
11-11-2012, 02:38 PM
Who is the best team Alvarado has beat?

hollywood
11-11-2012, 02:40 PM
LOL to the ones going by records! Gatesville will get their wake up call Friday. Humble pie doesn't taste so good when you go 10-0 in the regular season and get dominated in the first round. Y'all will see what the realist see this Friday. I've seen both and Alvarado will flex their strength on Gayesville. The Hornets will put up a great fight and rightfully so. Not enough horses to overcome a bunch of mad Injuns.

toddg
11-11-2012, 02:43 PM

probably Venus.. venus has a better record than brownwood

toddg
11-11-2012, 02:46 PM
so did lorena!! your point?

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-11-2012, 02:47 PM
Just a few quick stats.. I wanna see one dimensional... Passing.. Over 1000 yds by a primarily run first Pass second team. Over 3000 yds rushing shared by several good backs.

A defense that is one of the TOP in the state.

An amazing coaching staff..

Alvarado 385 pts for and 148 against Point differential? +237

Gatesville 383 Pts for and 178 against. Point differential? +205

Record? Edge Gatesville

Strength of schedule? Edge Alvarado

Scoring? Edge Alvarado

Defense? Edge Alvarado

Experience? Edge Alvarado

Keys to the game: Keep the QB in line and Alvarado wins. If the let him run free then the game will be closer. We also need to keep penalties to a minimum and cut turnovers out. :stirpot:

Tin Cup
11-11-2012, 02:47 PM

How was my question turned into a bash Brownwood? I was simply asking a legitimate question.

The teams that have beat Brownwood this year are all as good or better than Alvarado. Using the Alvarado theory, because Brownwood has played 4 real good teams and lost, we are a good team because we played those teams. Is this correct?!?

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-11-2012, 02:52 PM

4A Ft Worth Southwest.

Also I thing Glen Rose may have had the advantage playing us being we has Shot our wad tying to hang with Stephenville. GR came off a bye week and was rested. Try those 2 teams back to back..

And we was in both of those games late.

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-11-2012, 02:54 PM
How was my question turned into a bash Brownwood? I was simply asking a legitimate question.

The teams that have beat Brownwood this year are all as good or better than Alvarado. Using the Alvarado theory, because Brownwood has played 4 real good teams and lost, we are a good team because we played those teams. Is this correct?!?

Brownwood is a good team.. Watched em. But may get exposed Friday night. GR is the real deal. IMO. I think he was teasing saying that about Venus.. More poking fun at them lol.

IndianQbdad
11-11-2012, 02:57 PM
and really?? what is that "one dimension" you keep talking about? The running game? The Defense? The Coaching? where is this? help me here?

Everyone keeps calling us one dimensional. Have they not seen West mithodicly pick a defense apart from time to time. Very accurate, with a big arm. I've seen him throw one about 65 - 70 yards with great accuracy. Their has been several dropped balls this year that should have been caught, no excuses. Lead his team down the field (50 yard pass that was perfect) with minutes left in SC for the go ahead score. Few plays later passed to kid with a cast on who fumbled at a out the 12. Yard line. It happens. Another thing...he never even played Qb position until his freshman year. Was always Rb and linebacker. That's something else,.. You will never see a Qb who will throw a lead block for his backs "NEVER" that's a promise

IndianQbdad
11-11-2012, 03:01 PM
Everyone keeps calling us one dimensional. Have they not seen West mithodicly pick a defense apart from time to time. Very accurate, with a big arm. I've seen him throw one about 65 - 70 yards with great accuracy. Their has been several dropped balls this year that should have been caught, no excuses. Lead his team down the field (50 yard pass that was perfect) with minutes left in SC for the go ahead score. Few plays later passed to kid with a cast on who fumbled at a out the 12. Yard line. It happens. Another thing...he never even played Qb position until his freshman year. Was always Rb and linebacker. That's something else,.. You will never see a Qb who will throw a lead block for his backs "NEVER" that's a promiseas good as this kid

Rabid Cougar
11-11-2012, 03:02 PM
I am picking both Gatesville and Glen Rose to win.

toddg
11-11-2012, 03:04 PM

i answered your question legitimately..Venus is the best team we beat...venus is better than brownwood..how is that bashing?

IndianQbdad
11-11-2012, 03:08 PM
new season begins this week...and im excited!! its the playoffs..single elimination, and the Indians are ready!! not looking for revenge or payback..thats how ignorant fans think, we are just looking to win..one game at a time..dont really care where we are ranked, or how others view our team-it means nothing- cause this is where the rubber meets the asphalt!! do we have the horses to run this race? hell yes we do..and then some..we have a george foreman right hook with Ali quickness..the Indians will hit you in the mouth, and keep hitting you for 4 qtrs. bet on it!! we have a very physical football team..if you want to call us dirty, well...thats how losers think! we make no apologies for hitting hard every single play...so lets get this party started!!
Very good post toddg. Straight to the point. " I LIKE IT"

Hornet
11-11-2012, 03:11 PM
Hornets have played under the radar the majority of the season, picked 4th in pre-season polls for District 8-3A. The defining moment for the Hornets came against LaVega in disposing of the Pirates in 2OTs. It should be a great game...Alvarado's Power running game Vs. Gatesville's Spread. If it comes down to a FG Hornets have the edge with All-State Kicker consistently nails them from 42+....Hornet Fight Never Dies!

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-11-2012, 03:12 PM
Hornets have played under the radar the majority of the season, picked 4th in pre-season polls for District 8-3A. The defining moment for the Hornets came against LaVega in disposing of the Pirates in 2OTs. It should be a great game...Alvarado's Power running game Vs. Gatesville's Spread. If it comes down to a FG Hornets have the edge with All-State Kicker consistently nails them from 42+....Hornet Fight Never Dies!

I agree with that. He can kick...

hollywood
11-11-2012, 03:13 PM
District 7 sweep of District 8. That's an unbiased opinion. It's real folks. The proof will be in the puddin'. That's a fact jack.

I'll be very surprised if a team from District 8 advances. Not a disrespect to ANY of the teams. Teams in District 7 are that good this year.

IndianQbdad
11-11-2012, 03:20 PM
4A Ft Worth Southwest.

Also I thing Glen Rose may have had the advantage playing us being we has Shot our wad tying to hang with Stephenville. GR came off a bye week and was rested. Try those 2 teams back to back..

And we was in both of those games late.
I don't think they would want to try even one of those teams let alone both back to back. Glen rose would have run them to death by halftime and sville would have just clobbered them in the turf . Don't think these boys have been hit yet. They gonna feel the pain Friday. They don't know what's fixing to hit em. Their is a train coming through town..

ccmom
11-11-2012, 03:22 PM

That reminds me. Someone sent me a text this weekend saying..."Brownwood's four losses are to teams that are a combined 34-1".

Anyway, carry on

IndianQbdad
11-11-2012, 03:22 PM
I don't think they would want to try even one of those teams let alone both back to back. Glen rose would have run them to death by halftime and sville would have just clobbered them in the turf . Don't think these boys have been hit yet. They gonna feel the pain Friday. They don't know what's fixing to hit em. Their is a train coming through town..
It's purple and gold

Eagle 1
11-11-2012, 03:29 PM
That reminds me. Someone sent me a text this weekend saying..."Brownwood's four losses are to teams that are a combined 34-1".

Anyway, carry on

Good point.

toddg
11-11-2012, 03:43 PM
Gatesville is a good team, and if we beat them, atleast we wont be hearing the down year excuse..with the year they are having.

Indian 1985
11-11-2012, 03:50 PM
I haven't seen Gatesville play, but from what I've been hearing, they are not a team to be underestimated. They are 10-0 for a reason.

I have seen Alvarado play, and I know that they can win, but they also have a knack for shooting themselves in the foot with penalties, dropped passes and turnovers at the worst times.

I don't know which team will walk away victorious, but I'm always rootin' for my home team. GO INDIANS!!!

Hendo
11-11-2012, 04:37 PM
Everyone keeps calling us one dimensional. Have they not seen West mithodicly pick a defense apart from time to time. Very accurate, with a big arm. I've seen him throw one about 65 - 70 yards with great accuracy. Their has been several dropped balls this year that should have been caught, no excuses. Lead his team down the field (50 yard pass that was perfect) with minutes left in SC for the go ahead score. Few plays later passed to kid with a cast on who fumbled at a out the 12. Yard line. It happens. Another thing...he never even played Qb position until his freshman year. Was always Rb and linebacker. That's something else,.. You will never see a Qb who will throw a lead block for his backs "NEVER" that's a promise

Not to argue, but for the record, T. Jones did it against Alvarado. That is all.

Redzone10
11-11-2012, 04:40 PM
Gatesville is a good team, and if we beat them, atleast we wont be hearing the down year excuse..with the year they are having.

Will probably hear as many excuses as you have trash talk....none...one of the reasons they've been successful this year.
Just another "unbiased" opinion.

Hornet
11-11-2012, 04:46 PM
Teams all year have underestimated the Hornets....most teams are caught off guard by the Hornets speed and quickness on both sides of the ball. The Hornets match the speed and athleticism of LaVega, Waco Connally, and Waco University.

Get ready Indians....the "Swarm" will invade Panther Stadium on Friday night!

2012 Record
G-town - 41 Waco Reicher 9 - Waco Reicher (playoff team)
G-town - 33 Waco University - 21
G-town - 24 Waco Connally - 8
G-town - 35 Taylor - 14 (playoff team)
G-town - 49 Lavega - 48 (playoff team)
G-town - 33 Lampasas - 13
G-town - 44 Burnet - 19 (playoff team)
G-town - 41 Llano - 7
G-town - 35 Brownwood - 14 (playoff team)
G-town - 48 Liberty Hill - 25

hollywood
11-11-2012, 05:17 PM
With all smack talk aside, Alavardo vs Gatesville will be the best match up this week in Reg 1IMO. 7-3 vs 10-0. Both are legit. Alavardo's 7-3 is as good as Gatesville's 10-0 considering strength of schedule. If you don't agree, them you're under estimating Stephenville and Glen Rose.

IndianQbdad
11-11-2012, 06:21 PM
Not to argue, but for the record, T. Jones did it against Alvarado. That is all.

Yes , but I've seen West (18) do this consistently , very well , since he was a freshman. He is 6' 2 200 lbs. of pure muscle. Works out on bench with 260. This kid is a beast .

IndianQbdad
11-11-2012, 06:22 PM
With all smack talk aside, Alavardo vs Gatesville will be the best match up this week in Reg 1IMO. 7-3 vs 10-0. Both are legit. Alavardo's 7-3 is as good as Gatesville's 10-0 considering strength of schedule. If you don't agree, them you're under estimating Stephenville and Glen Rose.

Agreed....... Hollywood!

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-11-2012, 06:25 PM
Teams all year have underestimated the Hornets....most teams are caught off guard by the Hornets speed and quickness on both sides of the ball. The Hornets match the speed and athleticism of LaVega, Waco Connally, and Waco University.

Get ready Indians....the "Swarm" will invade Panther Stadium on Friday night!

2012 Record
G-town - 41 Waco Reicher 9 - Waco Reicher (playoff team)
G-town - 33 Waco University - 21
G-town - 24 Waco Connally - 8
G-town - 35 Taylor - 14 (playoff team)
G-town - 49 Lavega - 48 (playoff team)
G-town - 33 Lampasas - 13
G-town - 44 Burnet - 19 (playoff team)
G-town - 41 Llano - 7
G-town - 35 Brownwood - 14 (playoff team)
G-town - 48 Liberty Hill - 25

Waco Reicher... Private school.... really?

Taylor... Horrible

La Vega...... decent

Burnet...... horrible

Brownwood.... average at best.

horrible competition in my opinion.. La Vega only good team so far. keep dreaming... lol...

ccmom
11-11-2012, 06:28 PM
Waco Reicher... Private school.... really?

Taylor... Horrible

La Vega...... decent

Burnet...... horrible

Brownwood.... average at best.

horrible competition in my opinion.. La Vega only good team so far. keep dreaming... lol...

You skipped Connally!! ;)

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-11-2012, 06:33 PM

I was trying to make a point that teams they played that made playoffs must have been in bad districts to make it with the records they have. Very mediocre teams they have played.... NO really good teams.. They might get overwhelmed after the first few hits... Venus was intimidated....

ccmom
11-11-2012, 06:35 PM
I was trying to make a point that teams they played that made playoffs must have been in bad districts to make it with the records they have. Very mediocre teams they have played.... NO really good teams.. They might get overwhelmed after the first few hits... Venus was intimidated....

You have lost your sense of humor. You must be nervous! ;)

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-11-2012, 06:42 PM

u make me nervous darlin!

Bosqueville
11-11-2012, 06:42 PM

They are very nervous.. And rightfully so. They've beaten no one!

IndianQbdad
11-11-2012, 06:48 PM

When we beat y'all Friday we will still have beaten no one!

IndianQbdad
11-11-2012, 06:50 PM
Sorry , had to throw that in there.....lol

IndianQbdad
11-11-2012, 06:52 PM
It's going to be a very hard hitting game. Can't wait till Friday. I'm so pumped up , think ill ask coach if I can suit up..... Lol

defense51
11-11-2012, 06:55 PM
I think the Indians will win this one at the LOS on both sides of the ball.

ccmom
11-11-2012, 06:57 PM
When we beat y'all Friday we will still have beaten no one!
Ok...that was funny. :clap:

defense51
11-11-2012, 06:57 PM

Troublemaker... :foul:

toddg
11-11-2012, 07:10 PM

23456789 wasnt that the code killer from Clint Eastwoods movie "Blood Work"?

Indian 1985
11-11-2012, 07:13 PM
Lots of trash talking today...
I need to go get my hip waders, the BS is getting deep! :p

83Indian
11-11-2012, 08:41 PM

The matchup is the Alvarado D vs. Gatesville O. Alvarado does not want a point scoring contest. Our game is to get defensive stops and go for long scoring drives running the clock. Remember this come Friday night. 2 or 3 stops and Alvarado wins. Less than 2 stops we probably lose.

Hornet
11-11-2012, 08:57 PM
That's been the game plan for majority of teams the Hornets have faced. These Hornets know Alvarado will pose a much tougher scheme than our district foes.

Hornets have the ability to take the power time posseion teams out of their game plan early, which puts tremendous pressure on the opposing team.

83Indian
11-11-2012, 09:11 PM
That's been the game plan for majority of teams the Hornets have faced. These Hornets know Alvarado will pose a much tougher scheme than our district foes.

Hornets have the ability to take the power time posseion teams out of their game plan early, which puts tremendous pressure on the opposing team.

Agreed. We Battled glenrose TD for TD up to 28 to 21 and then didnt convert. Once down by 14, we could not catch up because we could not make a stop. On the flip side, we kept Stephenville off the field the first half with two long scoring drives. They key for Alvarado is defensive stops against spread offense teams and sustained ball control. Whoever can execute their game plan will win. As I have said before, we have seen two great spread teams and did not stop them. Friday we find out if we can adjust and shut it down. I have no doubt Gatesville will get some points based on the record. Should be a great battle on the field and the sideline.

toddg
11-11-2012, 09:31 PM

i hope not too early...so i can have time to get settled in my seat with a drink and popcornhttp://www.smileyvault.com/albums/stock/smiley-party0051.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)...not to mention the hoops ill have to jump through at work to even get off early enough to get to the gamehttp://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/10172/emoticonwhip.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

#1 TEXAN
11-11-2012, 09:56 PM
[QUOTE=IndianQbdad;1713932]I seem a fire in my sons ( 18- Kenny west) eyes last night that I haven't seen since last year so good luck gatesville, he is hungry again

If you look after this Friday you will see stars!!!!

hollywood
11-11-2012, 11:13 PM

Hornet, have you been able to review any video of Alvarado yet?

IndianQbdad
11-11-2012, 11:22 PM
[QUOTE=IndianQbdad;1713932]I seem a fire in my sons ( 18- Kenny west) eyes last night that I haven't seen since last year so good luck gatesville, he is hungry again

If you look after this Friday you will see stars!!!!

Wrong again..... And we beat gv , you can personally get on here after the game and tell my son (18) what a great team we have and how you really underestimated us , and you can't believe that we dominated gv the way we did......ok

hollywood
11-11-2012, 11:25 PM
As of now, there are 12 posters that picked the wrong team.

Hornet
11-11-2012, 11:25 PM
All I have been able to do is watch some You Tube highlights from ly, nothing from this year....can you point me in a direction? My first blush was the size of the interior lines....you grow big in A-town!

IndianQbdad
11-11-2012, 11:31 PM
All I have been able to do is watch some You Tube highlights from ly, nothing from this year....can you point me in a direction? My first blush was the size of the interior lines....you grow big in A-town!
Hudl. Com

hollywood
11-11-2012, 11:31 PM
Alvarado is very big. I was at ground zero when they came out of the locker room before the Sville game. I was :eek: as they walked by. First team to size up Sville pound for pound up front. Wait until you see their TE's. :eek: :eek:

IndianFan2012
11-12-2012, 12:47 AM

http://www.virtua.org/adam/graphics/images/en/19599.jpg

TXfootballboi!
11-12-2012, 01:00 AM
I think it will be a great game.. alvarado can win.. and gatesville is good no doubt about it.. but FW southwest was not that good

loyalfan
11-12-2012, 09:21 AM
Seems like someone is living through the ol' son a little bit too much...

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-12-2012, 09:32 AM
Seems like someone is living through the ol' son a little bit too much...
Huh? Ya lost me! lol.

loyalfan
11-12-2012, 09:48 AM
Sorry, first post. I guess I should have used quotes. I was referring to #18's dad.

hollywood
11-12-2012, 09:57 AM
Sorry, first post. I guess I should have used quotes. I was referring to #18's dad.

Proud father

ahs_indian_fan
11-12-2012, 09:58 AM

Nothing wrong with being proud of your son and what he's accomplished

loyalfan
11-12-2012, 10:00 AM
I completely agree. However, asking the coach if he can suit up on Friday, eh....not so sure

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-12-2012, 10:05 AM
I completely agree. However, asking the coach if he can suit up on Friday, eh....not so sure
Now that would be a sight! lol..

garciap77
11-12-2012, 10:43 AM
Indians by 10!

IndianQbdad
11-12-2012, 10:49 AM
Huh? Ya lost me! lol.

They are Talking to me

IndianQbdad
11-12-2012, 11:04 AM
Huh? Ya lost me! lol.

Is their no room for humor on here, jezz..... As far as being a proud father, you bet I am. No one can take that away from me. We ( Alvarado fans) have seen our boys grow up together. This group , most of them have played together since 1st grade. To watch them through the years get better and mature in to young men has been a blessing. To watch this group achieve the things they have , these last 4 years and to witness a run at a s c ( first time in school history) that was ours for the taking when everyone else counted us out against Henderson and chap. Hill.these young men have been a part of something special as have the parents and the fans. Everyone is about to see what ALVARADO PLAYOFF FOOTBALL is all about so get your popcorn ready , because you haven't seen nothing yet.
IndianQbdad
Very proud parent of Kenny West (18). Enough said!

Bullaholic
11-12-2012, 11:08 AM
Gatesville won't be able to keep these Indians on the Reservation....I like Alvarado by 10 in this one. Gatesville has had a nice season and they are certainly capable of winning this one if they play their best game of the year and Alvarado plays badly.

hollywood
11-12-2012, 11:09 AM
Is their no room for humor on here, jezz..... As far as being a proud father, you bet I am. No one can take that away from me. We ( Alvarado fans) have seen our boys grow up together. This group , most of them have played together since 1st grade. To watch them through the years get better and mature in to young men has been a blessing. To watch this group achieve the things they have , these last 4 years and to witness a run at a s c ( first time in school history) that was ours for the taking when everyone else counted us out against Henderson and chap. Hill.these young men have been a part of something special as have the parents and the fans. Everyone is about to see what ALVARADO PLAYOFF FOOTBALL is all about so get your popcorn ready , because you haven't seen nothing yet.
IndianQbdad
Very proud parent of Kenny West (18). Enough said!

:clap:

swarm
11-12-2012, 11:10 AM
how do the special teams's matchup? advantage who? sometimes in big playoff games where two teams are pretty equal, they will decide the outcome.

hollywood
11-12-2012, 11:12 AM
Gatesville won't be able to keep these Indians on the Reservation....I like Alvarado by 10 in this one. Gatesville has had a nice season and they are certainly capable of winning this one if they play their best game of the year and Alvarado plays badly.

I agree 100% Bullaholic. Gatesville is good enough to win this game without question. But IMO it would take Gatesville playing their best game and Alvarado playing undisciplined football.

hollywood
11-12-2012, 11:15 AM
how do the special teams's matchup? advantage who? sometimes in big playoff games where two teams are pretty equal, they will decide the outcome.

Equal IMO

Kicker - Gatesville
Punter - Gatesville

Kickoff return - Alvarado
Punt return - Alvarado
Kick block - Alvarado

IndianQbdad
11-12-2012, 11:22 AM
Huh? Ya lost me! lol.

I agree 100% Bullaholic. Gatesville is good enough to win this game without question. But IMO it would take Gatesville playing their best game and Alvarado playing undisciplined football.

"Alvarado playing undisciplined football."
Not going to happen in the playoffs and if it does then we do not deserve to win this game or any other game for that matter. I believe that "these boys ain't done yet"lol. They have one final chapter to write in the history books of alvarado

Matthew328
11-12-2012, 11:27 AM
this thread lost all sense of reality when someone said Venus was better than Brownwood

hollywood
11-12-2012, 11:29 AM
"Alvarado playing undisciplined football."
Not going to happen in the playoffs and if it does then we do not deserve to win this game or any other game for that matter. I believe that "these boys ain't done yet"lol. They have one final chapter to write in the history books of alvarado

I agree! I've watched both play in person. I'm not an expert, although ccmom would disagree ;), Alvarado is quite a bit stronger in all areas of the game. Understand that both teams run different schemes, but pound for pound, blow for blow... Alvarado is at least 2 TD's better. Alvarado's O-line and D-line is where they will beat Gatesville.

hollywood
11-12-2012, 11:30 AM
this thread lost all sense of reality when someone said Venus was better than Brownwood

LOL.. I think they were being humerous in that their record was better. ;)

Matthew328
11-12-2012, 12:06 PM
LOL.. I think they were being humerous in that their record was better. ;)

I hope so lol

GrTigers6
11-12-2012, 12:16 PM

There Not?:D

DKfromDUB
11-12-2012, 01:05 PM
easy on venus... they beat every team they should have beaten...

Indian 1985
11-12-2012, 01:26 PM
easy on venus... they beat every team they should have beaten...

Their 'Powder Puff League' dreams of an undefeated season came to a bitter end when they faced real football teams like Ville, GR and Alvarado.
Venus belongs in 2A.

Edit: I think that Alvarado's Freshman team could beat Venus' varsity team.

hollywood
11-12-2012, 01:55 PM
Their 'Powder Puff League' dreams of an undefeated season came to a bitter end when they faced real football teams like Ville, GR and Alvarado.
Venus belongs in 2A.

Edit: I think that Alvarado's Freshman team could beat Venus' varsity team.

Whoa there Injun... I agree with your first statement but not with your edited statement. That's reaching into the peyote pouch a little too deep there Tanto. Carry on. ;)

hollywood
11-12-2012, 02:20 PM
I think the Hornet faithful has finally watched film on Alvarado. Not as much buzzing from them this week. :thinking: ;)

Hornet
11-12-2012, 03:26 PM
The Hornet faithful is still here....we can compare and contrast all we want...it all comes down to a group of young men executing on the field this Friday night. Then we can either eat crow, brag, or wish the winner the best in the remaining playoff games.

HFND!

hollywood
11-12-2012, 03:28 PM
The Hornet faithful is still here....we can compare and contrast all we want...it all comes down to a group of young men executing on the field this Friday night. Then we can either eat crow, brag, or wish the winner the best in the remaining playoff games.

HFND!

I agree Hornet! Good luck to a great match up!

44INAROW
11-12-2012, 03:52 PM
Whoa there Injun... I agree with your first statement but not with your edited statement. That's reaching into the peyote pouch a little too deep there Tanto. Carry on. ;)

OMG rofl...... This thread - wow -
I hope Gatesville wins...........

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-12-2012, 03:52 PM

HFND!

Well said Hornet!

hollywood
11-12-2012, 04:00 PM

LOL.. entertaining for sure.

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-12-2012, 04:28 PM

Hope in one hand a well you know in the other.. See which one gets full the fastest! lol!

44INAROW
11-12-2012, 04:33 PM
Hope in one hand a well you know in the other.. See which one gets full the fastest! lol!

WOW - I'd say "act like you've been there before", but wait.... you haven't.. Those that have been fortunate enough to enjoy success, have learned, it's usually a good thing to be positive about your team but leave the boasting until you've actually DONE SOMETHING ................... good luck with that..

GrTigers6
11-12-2012, 04:35 PM
Hope in one hand a well you know in the other.. See which one gets full the fastest! lol!One thing about this site is your can spit in one hand and fill the other with the BS you see on here, and you will need multiple hands to hold the BS before the spit hand is ever filled.:D

hollywood
11-12-2012, 04:45 PM
WOW - I'd say "act like you've been there before", but wait.... you haven't.. Those that have been fortunate enough to enjoy success, have learned, it's usually a good thing to be positive about your team but leave the boasting until you've actually DONE SOMETHING ................... good luck with that..

They actually were 1 point from winning state last year. :D

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-12-2012, 04:46 PM

Alvarado hasnt done anything? Is that what youre saying?

IndianQbdad
11-12-2012, 04:47 PM

HFND!

Very true and to the point, nice post......good luck to all teams in the playoffs. May the best teams win

44INAROW
11-12-2012, 04:48 PM
They actually were 1 point from winning state last year. :D

I mean this year - - :)

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-12-2012, 04:52 PM
I mean this year - - :)

we can say we have done better that Cuero! lol!

44INAROW
11-12-2012, 04:52 PM
Alvarado hasnt done anything? Is that what youre saying?

That's NOT what I am saying - there is a difference between supporting your team and acting like you've ALREADY won a state championship - that's all........ good luck with that - remember, Alvarado isn't the only team with boys that have been together since they were 5 years old, they aren't the only team practicing since August, they aren't the only team wanting to win a SC - they aren't the only team with lots of talent. I just mean, being a little humble and not acting like your kid is the best thing since sliced bread might be a little better received. If that's too blunt, so be it.. I am not the only person who feels that way, but I was the one that decided to say it. That's what I am saying!

44INAROW
11-12-2012, 04:55 PM
we can say we have done better that Cuero! lol!

Apples and Oranges my friend but if that makes you feel better, go ahead, I'll stick with Cuero and the Gobbler tradition anyday of the week.. once you've had 40 years of success, maybe you'll learn how to handle it..

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-12-2012, 05:01 PM
That's NOT what I am saying - there is a difference between supporting your team and acting like you've ALREADY won a state championship - that's all........ good luck with that - remember, Alvarado isn't the only team with boys that have been together since they were 5 years old, they aren't the only team practicing since August, they aren't the only team wanting to win a SC - they aren't the only team with lots of talent. I just mean, being a little humble and not acting like your kid is the best thing since sliced bread might be a little better received. If that's too blunt, so be it.. I am not the only person who feels that way, but I was the one that decided to say it. That's what I am saying!

Yeah but if we dont act like kids every once and a while on here this 3A downlow dies.. Idiots like me is what makes this place fun.. And stirring the pot always makes for a better read. Compare this views of this post to others currently going? Where is it.. Its because some of us are poking fun at others and enjoying every minute of it.. If you dont agree then you need to loosen up! lol! What I do know is both teams are very good and this is probably the Marquee match up of the first round.. We shall see is Alvarado is for real!

44INAROW
11-12-2012, 05:02 PM
Yeah but if we dont act like kids every once and a while on here this 3A downlow dies.. Idiots like me is what makes this place fun.. And stirring the pot always makes for a better read. Compare this views of this post to others currently going? Where is it.. Its because some of us are poking fun at others and enjoying every minute of it.. If you dont agree then you need to loosen up! lol! What I do know is both teams are very good and this is probably the Marquee match up of the first round.. We shall see is Alvarado is for real!
I'll agree with you on that! nice post! and it is good to see some actual fun stuff on the downlow.. it's been sucky for a while...

IndianQbdad
11-12-2012, 05:13 PM
That's NOT what I am saying - there is a difference between supporting your team and acting like you've ALREADY won a state championship - that's all........ good luck with that - remember, Alvarado isn't the only team with boys that have been together since they were 5 years old, they aren't the only team practicing since August, they aren't the only team wanting to win a SC - they aren't the only team with lots of talent. I just mean, being a little humble and not acting like you're kid is the best thing since sliced bread might be a little better received. If that's too blunt, so be it.. I am not the only person who feels that way, but I was the one that decided to say it. That's what I am saying!

Never said my kid was GOD (better than anyone else) . I am very proud of my son and if my pride comes off as sounding rediculous then I'm sorry. Just getting tired of the "1 dimensional statement" when most of the posters have probably never seen him play. The role that he was asked to step into and the road that path took was nothing short of amazing( Cinderella story ) if u will. I as a spectator , firmly believe most( not all) young men at 15 would have imploded in the comeback game against kennedale, much less the prosper, Henderson ch. hill sc games and all the other teams along the way. That's the root to my pride for him, so if I'm over doing it a little , then I'm sorry . If you don't want to read it then don't. Encouraging talk for him to read has a lot to do with some of my post too. Anyways, see you at the game Friday, when all the talk becomes play on the field. Look at the scoreboard after the game to, ok......... Or are you even going to the game? Probably not !
ENOUGH SAID

44INAROW
11-12-2012, 05:17 PM
Never said my kid was GOD (better than anyone else) . I am very proud of my son and if my pride comes off as sounding rediculous then I'm sorry. Just getting tired of the "1 dimensional statement" when most of the posters have probably never seen him play. The role that he was asked to step into and the road that path took was nothing short of amazing( Cinderella story ) if u will. I as a spectator , firmly believe most( not all) young men at 15 would have imploded in the comeback game against kennedale, much less the prosper, Henderson ch. hill sc games and all the other teams along the way. That's the root to my pride for him, so if I'm over doing it a little , then I'm sorry . If you don't want to read it then don't. Encouraging talk for him to read has a lot to do with some of my post too. Anyways, see you at the game Friday, when all the talk becomes play on the field. Look at the scoreboard after the game to, ok......... Or are you even going to the game? Probably not !
ENOUGH SAID

wow... good luck to your son.. oops I mean the Indians

Hornet
11-12-2012, 06:16 PM
KWTX TV in waco has the Alvarado vs. Gatesville as one of three Marquee Matchups that you can vote as the Marquee Match-up for Friday night. Ypu can text your vote to 25430, vote C or go their website and vote.

ccmom
11-12-2012, 06:22 PM
wow... good luck to your son.. oops I mean the Indians
Haha, I just love you!! :)

Tin Cup
11-12-2012, 06:45 PM
I'm so confused as to why Alvarado fans think they will win by such a large margin. I understand thinking your team will win, but how can you justify a blowout victory when the opponent is undefeated, beating a team you lost to (self-proclaimed "we sucked game"), and matched up similarly against common opponents. Don't come back with Venus was undefeated, we know what they were about even if they were undefeated. Here's my point, Alvarado has won the games they should have and none that they could have. Gatesville has won against teams that are traditionally much better than them. I feel like people don't take them seriously because it's Gatesville. If you took this exact team and called them Liberty Hill or Brownwood or Celina I can't see any of the Alvarado fans predicting a blowout. If I'm Alvarado, I'm hoping to win and survive, not predicting a blowout victory.

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-12-2012, 07:14 PM
I'm so confused as to why Alvarado fans think they will win by such a large margin. I understand thinking your team will win, but how can you justify a blowout victory when the opponent is undefeated, beating a team you lost to (self-proclaimed "we sucked game"), and matched up similarly against common opponents. Don't come back with Venus was undefeated, we know what they were about even if they were undefeated. Here's my point, Alvarado has won the games they should have and none that they could have. Gatesville has won against teams that are traditionally much better than them. I feel like people don't take them seriously because it's Gatesville. If you took this exact team and called them Liberty Hill or Brownwood or Celina I can't see any of the Alvarado fans predicting a blowout. If I'm Alvarado, I'm hoping to win and survive, not predicting a blowout victory.

who predicted a blowout? I said 21. Not 45 lol... And heck I have been wrong before.. many times! lol..

Tin Cup
11-12-2012, 07:20 PM
who predicted a blowout? I said 21. Not 45 lol... And heck I have been wrong before.. many times! lol..

21 is a wide margin against a team that is on paper every bit as good as you. I don't see the numbers matching up.

Alvarado could win by 50 but there is no evidence to suggest this will happen.

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-12-2012, 08:10 PM
21 is a wide margin against a team that is on paper every bit as good as you. I don't see the numbers matching up.

Why does everyone say on paper? Heck they look better on paper... Well record wise but thats all.... lol..

Yoe_09
11-12-2012, 08:20 PM
Alvarado(7-3)
31-Aug Bridgeport W 64-13
08-Sep Mexia W 56-14
15-Sep @Fort Worth Southwest W 20-13
21-Sep China Spring W 28-14
28-Sep @Waco Connally L 14-13
05-Oct @Decatur W 35-0
12-Oct @Hillsboro* W 63-7
19-Oct Stephenville* L 32-20
26-Oct @Glen Rose* L 41-28
09-Nov Venus* W 55-0

Vs.

Gatesville(10-0)
31-Aug Waco Reicher W 41-9
07-Sep @Waco University W 33-21
14-Sep Waco Connally W 24-8
21-Sep @Taylor W 35-14
28-Sep Waco La Vega W 49-48 OT
12-Oct Lampasas* W 33-13
19-Oct Burnet* W 44-19
26-Oct @Llano* W 41-7
02-Nov Brownwood* W 35-14
09-Nov @Liberty Hill* W 48-25

Thoughts & Predictions?

FB-fanatic
11-12-2012, 08:23 PM
Why does everyone say on paper? Heck they look better on paper... Well record wise but thats all.... lol..

You do realize that Maxpreps has Gville at #6 and you at #16... that is one of the factors when folks say "on paper". Not the records, but these services that get paid to analyze a lot of numbers and scores and stats to make these decisions. They look at every game you play, not just he "common" opponents. So when these "smart" football savy people look at all this information and say, theoretically, that Gville should win, and you guys from Alv come on here and "sounding entitled" just because you were once 4A or once had good seasons, it kinda sets us off.

Indian 1985
11-12-2012, 08:26 PM

Actually, I see a very close game. Most likely decided by 7 points or less either way.
Unless one team or the other decides not to show up, I don't see a blowout here.
This one should be a nail biter.

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-12-2012, 08:32 PM
You do realize that Maxpreps has Gville at #6 and you at #16... that is one of the factors when folks say "on paper". Not the records, but these services that get paid to analyze a lot of numbers and scores and stats to make these decisions. They look at every game you play, not just he "common" opponents. So when these "smart" football savy people look at all this information and say, theoretically, that Gville should win, and you guys from Alv come on here and "sounding entitled" just because you were once 4A or once had good seasons, it kinda sets us off.

MAX PREPS has no CLUE!!!!! Last year they had us ranked #9 all season.. And we played Chapel Hill in a state championship.. I do believe that should have at least ranked us #2 being we lost right? So dont go by what "Buela Better Than Thou" has to offer never seeing any of these teams actually play! seriously? Ive seen both.. I feel (not even being a Homer) that Alvarado is 21 pts better.. Just in sheer talent alone Alvarado should win. But mistakes can even a field pretty quickly.. If both teams play a perfect game Alvarado by 21. If Alvarado comes out with their head in their butt then yes GV has a chance to beat them.. Im not saying they cant beat Alvarado. Im just making a prediction based on seeing GV play 3 games. And seeing all of Alvarados games I feel they are the better team. Never "entitiled". Just the better team. Thats my opinion. And if we lose Ill be the first to say Im wrong.

FB-fanatic
11-12-2012, 08:43 PM
After going 3 deep last year and 4 deep a few years prior, I have followed Maxpreps closely the last 6 or 7 years. Late in the season, they have been very accurate.

" MaxPreps uses a computer program to determine team rank. We do not poll coaches, sportswriters, or fans. Nor does our staff make any judgments on the merits of any individual team. Prior season history, school size, and comments on message boards are not considered in the MaxPreps

The system utilizes the huge number of game results stored in the MaxPreps database. Generally, the more a team wins the higher the ranking, but the system takes into account quality wins (against other highly ranked opponents) and strength of schedule.

For example, a team's ranking is hurt more by losing to a team that is ranked below them verses a team ranked ahead. "

Texas Football Magazine Gville 13 Alv 25

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-12-2012, 08:46 PM
After going 3 deep last year and 4 deep a few years prior, I have followed Maxpreps closely the last 6 or 7 years. Late in the season, they have been very accurate.

" MaxPreps uses a computer program to determine team rank. We do not poll coaches, sportswriters, or fans. Nor does our staff make any judgments on the merits of any individual team. Prior season history, school size, and comments on message boards are not considered in the MaxPreps

The system utilizes the huge number of game results stored in the MaxPreps database. Generally, the more a team wins the higher the ranking, but the system takes into account quality wins (against other highly ranked opponents) and strength of schedule.

For example, a team's ranking is hurt more by losing to a team that is ranked below them verses a team ranked ahead. "
I know how it works.. It still has no clue on who "quality" is.. They have several "contenders" ranked really low.

hollywood
11-12-2012, 09:08 PM

Well, there ya go.

LHPfactory
11-12-2012, 09:10 PM
Hornets stay focused and win, solid team with a Mobile QB....

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-12-2012, 09:13 PM
Hornets stay focused and win, solid team with a Mobile QB....

Very aware of the Mobile QB.. Stopping him is like a team trying to stack the box and stop our run game.. Tough to do..

FB-fanatic
11-12-2012, 09:33 PM
After going 3

TFM Rankings, that is Gville #13 Alv #25

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-12-2012, 09:43 PM
TFM Rankings, that is Gville #13 Alv #25

We got that. whats rankings gunna do for ya?

toddg
11-12-2012, 09:52 PM

iv never seen any Alvarado poster say we were once 4a..not the best 6 years in our history, though competitive, it sucked getting our arse handed to us by Sville, Aledo, and Everman in consecutive weeks..but we have had pretty good seasons as of late..the loss in the SC last year hurt. but truthfully i really dont care what sets you or anyone else off..i like the Indians chances in this, or any other game, against any opponent.

hollywood
11-12-2012, 10:05 PM
If going by "expert" pics, Alabama should have beat A&M like a drum. lol

This will be a good game, in the first half especially. It will be close. Alvarado's offensive scheme is to control the line of scrimmage and methodically move the chains and score. Keeps the oppositions defense on the field a majority of the game. Heck, Alvarado held STEPHENVILLE to only 10 points in the first half. 10-6 at halftime. Those outside of Dist 7 may think okay, 1) either Stephenville had a bad half and Alvarado played above themselves, 2) Stephenville isn't as good as many think, or 3) Alvarado is legit. The latter is the answer.

*Edit ladder for latter per ccmom's spell check! :rolleyes:

ccmom
11-12-2012, 10:09 PM

This will be a good game, in the first half especially. It will be close. Alvarado's offensive scheme is to control the line of scrimmage and methodically move the chains and score. Keeps the oppositions defense on the field a majority of the game. Heck, Alvarado held STEPHENVILLE to only 10 points in the first half. 10-6 at halftime. Those outside of Dist 7 may think okay, 1) either Stephenville had a bad half and Alvarado played above themselves, 2) Stephenville isn't as good as many think, or 3) Alvarado is legit. The ladder is the answer. The "ladder"? Did you use a ladder to get on that high horse of yours? ;)

hollywood
11-12-2012, 10:12 PM
The "ladder"? Did you use a ladder to get on that high horse of yours? ;)

Hey, auto correct is a you know what sometimes! ;)

GrTigers6
11-12-2012, 10:13 PM
The "ladder"? Did you use a ladder to get on that high horse of yours? ;)CCMOM made a joke!:cheerl:

83Indian
11-12-2012, 10:23 PM

A few of us on here are just having fun kinda like Garciap's predictions. You don't expect us to actually say were gonna lose do you? I don't have a kid playing so I can say we only win by 7 and get away with it!

toddg
11-12-2012, 10:31 PM

This will be a good game, in the first half especially. It will be close. Alvarado's offensive scheme is to control the line of scrimmage and methodically move the chains and score. Keeps the oppositions defense on the field a majority of the game. Heck, Alvarado held STEPHENVILLE to only 10 points in the first half. 10-6 at halftime. Those outside of Dist 7 may think okay, 1) either Stephenville had a bad half and Alvarado played above themselves, 2) Stephenville isn't as good as many think, or 3) Alvarado is legit. The latter is the answer.

*Edit ladder for latter per ccmom's spell check! :rolleyes:

yeah those "experts" are beating themselves up about it too..http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13622/3stooges01.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

83Indian
11-12-2012, 10:32 PM

Adjusted stats has Alvarado 26 Gatesville 23

http://www.adjustedstats.com/ratings-stats/tools/txhsfbmatchup.php?team1=Alvarado&site=vs.&team2=Gatesville

hollywood
11-12-2012, 10:38 PM

http://www.adjustedstats.com/ratings-stats/tools/txhsfbmatchup.php?team1=Alvarado&site=vs.&team2=Gatesville

Same website:
Glen Rose 32 Brownwood 19
Stephenville 55 Burnet 12

ccmom
11-12-2012, 10:40 PM
Maxpreps has Wylie's roster full of names I've never heard of. For a minute there I thought, "Geez, I need to lay off the wine.". Then, I came to my senses. ;)

Carry on...

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-12-2012, 10:41 PM
same website:
Glen rose 32 brownwood 19
stephenville 55 burnet 12sweep!!!!!

hollywood
11-12-2012, 10:43 PM
Maxpreps has Wylie's roster full of names I've never heard of. For a minute there I thought, "Geez, I need to lay off the wine.". Then, I came to my senses. ;)

Carry on...

Lol... Cheers! At least you spelled senses correctly and not sinces. ;)

GrTigers6
11-12-2012, 10:46 PM

Carry on...So in other words you continued drinking the wine lol

hollywood
11-12-2012, 10:46 PM
Damn ccmom, you have almost 2000 more posts than I do and we registerd the same month. Do your wine laden rants get away from you at times? :inlove:

toddg
11-12-2012, 10:48 PM
Same website:
Glen Rose 32 Brownwood 19
Stephenville 55 Burnet 12

sweep!!!!!

careful...dont want to set any football savvy people off!http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13622/ShotGun5.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

GrTigers6
11-12-2012, 10:51 PM

Those numbers only work if all the stats are put in the equation. Alot of schools dont do the stats. I dont believe anything maxpreps says because its just numbers. If ever game was played on paper we wouldnt need rankings. Just declare a winner in week 0

hollywood
11-12-2012, 10:52 PM
careful...dont want to set any football savvy people off!http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13622/ShotGun5.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

Reality will soon set in my friend. It's not cockiness, it's a fact jack.Hey, I'm down like a rodeo clown.

defense51
11-12-2012, 10:58 PM
Damn ccmom, you have almost 2000 more posts than I do and we registerd the same month. Do your wine laden rants get away from you at times? :inlove:

The cc in ccmom really means continues conversation

ccmom
11-12-2012, 10:58 PM
Lol... Cheers! At least you spelled senses correctly and not sinces. ;)

Hey now, I do like an occasional drink, but I can spell. It's not like I'm from Brownwood! :rolleyes:

:)

toddg
11-12-2012, 11:01 PM
Reality will soon set in my friend. It's not cockiness, it's a fact jack.Hey, I'm down like a rodeo clown.

oh no!! 1 tequila, 2 tequila, 3 tequila...floor..
http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13622/shots.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

ccmom
11-12-2012, 11:03 PM

Well, you would probably have a lot more time to post if you weren't so busy hopping from one bandwagon to another. Just saying...that must be exhausting! Good thing you have a ladder!! :taunt:

Cheers, JW! ;)

hollywood
11-12-2012, 11:08 PM
The cc in ccmom really means continues conversation

Or can't contain me or myself. :spitlol::spitlol:

hollywood
11-12-2012, 11:14 PM
Well, you would probably have a lot more time to post if you weren't so busy hopping from one bandwagon to another. Just saying...that must be exhausting! Good thing you have a ladder!! :taunt:

Cheers, JW! ;)

Clever! Now ccmom, you know the truth. It's just how it worked out this year. Just so happens, STEPHENVILLE is really good this year in football.

Bosqueville
11-13-2012, 07:10 AM

Cheers, JW! ;)

Very well said!!!

hollywood
11-13-2012, 08:02 AM
Very well said!!!

Lol!

Time shall ease the pain.

hollywood
11-13-2012, 08:11 AM
To all posters new and old, I still support the Lions from Brownwwood and always will even though I haven't lived there in almost 2 decades. I also support the school where my children attend and it so happens to be STEPHENVILLE.And I'm proud of it. Never did I think that would happen but it did. So hear I go back down again, this vicious circle never ends. I'm up I'm down I'm up again, then here we go back down again. ;)

Hey, it's own like donkey kong know jack!

ccmom
11-13-2012, 08:51 AM
To all posters new and old, I still support the Lions from Brownwwood and always will even though I haven't lived there in almost 2 decades. I also support the school where my children attend and it so happens to be STEPHENVILLE.And I'm proud of it. Never did I think that would happen but it did. So hear I go back down again, this vicious circle never ends. I'm up I'm down I'm up again, then here we go back down again. ;)

Hey, it's own like donkey kong know jack!I think you are baiting me, now. I will not correct his spelling. I will not correct his spelling. I will NOT correct his spelling!!

JW, I might have to put you on ignore for a bit for my own sanity. ;)

LHPfactory
11-13-2012, 08:57 AM
Alvarado(7-3)
31-Aug Bridgeport W 64-13
08-Sep Mexia W 56-14
15-Sep @Fort Worth Southwest W 20-13
21-Sep China Spring W 28-14
28-Sep @Waco Connally L 14-13
05-Oct @Decatur W 35-0
12-Oct @Hillsboro* W 63-7
19-Oct Stephenville* L 32-20
26-Oct @Glen Rose* L 41-28
09-Nov Venus* W 55-0

Vs.

Gatesville(10-0)
31-Aug Waco Reicher W 41-9
07-Sep @Waco University W 33-21
14-Sep Waco Connally W 24-8
21-Sep @Taylor W 35-14
28-Sep Waco La Vega W 49-48 OT
12-Oct Lampasas* W 33-13
19-Oct Burnet* W 44-19
26-Oct @Llano* W 41-7
02-Nov Brownwood* W 35-14
09-Nov @Liberty Hill* W 48-25

Thoughts & Predictions?

From the results above, it looks like Gatesville is peaking at the right time of the season.

hollywood
11-13-2012, 10:07 AM
From the results above, it looks like Gatesville is peaking at the right time of the season.

Looks can be deceiving. Agree?

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-13-2012, 10:29 AM
Looks can be deceiving. Agree?

I agree.... Dunno if Id brag on those last 5 games... Us beating Venus like we did? Peaking? lol.... I sure hope we dont get our butts kicked lol.. I might be eatin some Big 'ol Crow!

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-13-2012, 10:32 AM
Do we know who the home team is yet?

bobcat1
11-13-2012, 10:36 AM
I voted Gatesville. Don't get me wrong I like the Indians but G2 is sitting on the Indian side so Advantage Gatesville.

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-13-2012, 10:46 AM
I voted Gatesville. Don't get me wrong I like the Indians but G2 is sitting on the Indian side so Advantage Gatesville.

Oh heck! Good thing I love G2 lol.

Bosqueville
11-13-2012, 11:29 AM
Which team is the home team. Deciding on which side I will sit on...

swarm
11-13-2012, 11:34 AM
gatesville home

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-13-2012, 11:37 AM
gatesville home
Welcome to 3A DL Swarm... Chime in.

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-13-2012, 11:38 AM
Which team is the home team. Deciding on which side I will sit on...

You can sit with me and G2 (if he comes) on the Alvarado side if ya like.

Bosqueville
11-13-2012, 11:43 AM
You can sit with me and G2 (if he comes) on the Alvarado side if ya like.

Sounds good to me. The visitor's side is much easier to get in and out of.

Indian 1985
11-13-2012, 11:51 AM
I have to work on Friday, and wont be making the drive down after I get off...
Looks like another night of listening on meridix.com :(

PurpleReign2011
11-13-2012, 12:17 PM
Ok, here are my thoughts. Gatesville is seriously legit. They have some good receivers, good running game, and a seriously legit QB. IDK if people are giving him enough credit. He reminds me of Stephenville’s QB. He is a serious athlete, and is capable of absolutely embarrassing Alvarado’s defense if they don’t play well. My understanding is that he calls the plays on the field….that’s what I’ve heard. I mean, he is running the show, and for good reason. He is possibly the most mobile OB we have seen all year and can throw the ball very well. I watched them play Brownwood, and was impressed with the team as a whole. Number 5 is a massive receiver!!!! Gatesville also has a lot of momentum. That is really hard to stop. After such a great season there is no way they want to lose in the first round. I think it’s pretty clear why they are generally picked to win. If we play poorly like we did against Glen Rose or Waco Connaly, it could be a long night. Like, they could seriously embarrass us. But I think we are back on track. We may have only beaten Venus, but we did play well last week. We have a great running game, a solid o-line, and a dependable passing game. We should be just fine against their defense. We also have experienced leadership. That’s a big help. Our defense is young but we have a pretty good front 7, awesome D line and really good interior line backers. We should be able to pressure the OB, but we need to make sure we tackle him, because if we don’t he will make plays. The key is the secondary. They just need to play well. If we can tackle, put pressure on the OB, while doing a pretty good job covering the field we should be fine. Our offense just has to play like normal, because it’s actually been pretty consistent. If we can do these things we should be fine. A one possession win or so. If we don’t they could beat the dog out of us. But like I said, we are back on track. 28 to 21 Alvarado.

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-13-2012, 12:24 PM
Ok, here are my thoughts. Gatesville is seriously legit. They have some good receivers, good running game, and a seriously legit QB. IDK if people are giving him enough credit. He reminds me of Stephenville’s QB. He is a serious athlete, and is capable of absolutely embarrassing Alvarado’s defense if they don’t play well. My understanding is that he calls the plays on the field….that’s what I’ve heard. I mean, he is running the show, and for good reason. He is possibly the most mobile OB we have seen all year and can throw the ball very well. I watched them play Brownwood, and was impressed with the team as a whole. Number 5 is a massive receiver!!!! Gatesville also has a lot of momentum. That is really hard to stop. After such a great season there is no way they want to lose in the first round. I think it’s pretty clear why they are generally picked to win. If we play poorly like we did against Glen Rose or Waco Connaly, it could be a long night. Like, they could seriously embarrass us. But I think we are back on track. We may have only beaten Venus, but we did play well last week. We have a great running game, a solid o-line, and a dependable passing game. We should be just fine against their defense. We also have experienced leadership. That’s a big help. Our defense is young but we have a pretty good front 7, awesome D line and really good interior line backers. We should be able to pressure the OB, but we need to make sure we tackle him, because if we don’t he will make plays. The key is the secondary. They just need to play well. If we can tackle, put pressure on the OB, while doing a pretty good job covering the field we should be fine. Our offense just has to play like normal, because it’s actually been pretty consistent. If we can do these things we should be fine. A one possession win or so. If we don’t they could beat the dog out of us. But like I said, we are back on track. 28 to 21 Alvarado.

Well said...:thinking:

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-13-2012, 12:26 PM
Uh oh.. Gatesville is winning the vote.. we need some Alvarado votes!

swarm
11-13-2012, 12:29 PM
thank you about the nice complements about our team. and believe me, we know alvarado has got some serious talent... on both sides of the ball. should be a very good high school play-off football game. looking forward to it.

PurpleReign2011
11-13-2012, 12:52 PM
Should be a Good game. I think the winner should do pretty well until the quarters. So this is a pretty big game.

hollywood
11-13-2012, 12:56 PM
thank you about the nice complements about our team. and believe me, we know alvarado has got some serious talent... on both sides of the ball. should be a very good high school play-off football game. looking forward to it.

All smack aside, I agree. I look for both teams to come out of the locker room ready to rumble. Atmosphere will be electrifying.

Gatesville, speaking of electrifying, hope you're ready for #8 thunder and #11 lightning. They are as fun to watch as #9 and #21? for Gatesville.

Good luck to both teams.

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-13-2012, 01:39 PM
All smack aside, I agree. I look for both teams to come out of the locker room ready to rumble. Atmosphere will be electrifying.

Gatesville, speaking of electrifying, hope you're ready for #8 thunder and #11 lightning. They are as fun to watch as #9 and #21? for Gatesville.

Good luck to both teams.

Thanks Hollywood. This is going to be the best matchup in DIV2 for the first round. Im just glad we are part of it.. And yes it will be extremely exciting atmosphere! And thats fact Jack!

IndianQbdad
11-13-2012, 05:18 PM

Hey, it's own like donkey kong know jack!
Now Hollywood, lets not post proud parent stuff, might set some people off...... Lol

defense51
11-13-2012, 05:30 PM
Looks like it's gonna be a cool night on Friday. I think we all know Hornets are slow and sluggish in cool weather...

44INAROW
11-13-2012, 05:45 PM
Now Hollywood, lets not post proud parent stuff, might set some people off...... Lol

LOL you just don't get it..

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-13-2012, 07:01 PM
Watched practice tonight.. Wow so many players... Looked good.. A little cool. But tough practice.. the TE's were beasting it up.. I feel sorry for who has to go against them this Friday. They are the biggest youll see at this level. How is GV's practices looking?

Lions88
11-13-2012, 07:25 PM
Watched practice tonight.. Wow so many players... Looked good.. A little cool. But tough practice.. the TE's were beasting it up.. I feel sorry for who has to go against them this Friday. They are the biggest youll see at this level. How is GV's practices looking?

I was on the Alvarado bandwagon when I saw them play southwest and the ville... But I got this weird feeling that gv is going to win this game.l I hope the Alvarado players aren't as cocky as some tof the posters:eek:

hollywood
11-13-2012, 07:58 PM
I was just about to ask how practices were going this week. I bet intense. Do or die baby!

toddg
11-13-2012, 07:59 PM
I was on the Alvarado bandwagon when I saw them play southwest and the ville... But I got this weird feeling that gv is going to win this game.l I hope the Alvarado players aren't as cocky as some tof the posters:eek:

I get a weird feeling every time I see one of your posts...like when I hear a girl trying to talk like a guy or something..

defense51
11-13-2012, 08:01 PM

The players are never as cocky as the posters, if you played football you would probably know that! :evillol:

Lions88
11-13-2012, 08:10 PM
I get a weird feeling every time I see one of your posts...like when I hear a girl trying to talk like a guy or something..

Ah.. My good ole Alvarado peeps.. I will not trash talk.. I just don't think y'all are as good as you have been.. From the two games I have seen.. You don't use 11 enoough ,.. In the 4th he shouldn't leave the field.. Even if number 8 is out there.. Use 11 as a receiver more if 8 is out there... Heck he made a great catch against the ville

hollywood
11-13-2012, 08:39 PM
Ah.. My good ole Alvarado peeps.. I will not trash talk.. I just don't think y'all are as good as you have been.. From the two games I have seen.. You don't use 11 enoough ,.. In the 4th he shouldn't leave the field.. Even if number 8 is out there.. Use 11 as a receiver more if 8 is out there... Heck he made a great catch against the ville

Lions88, what you don't know is the secret weapons the Injuns have been working on this week down by the river. I hear there could be more than 2-3 new braves to strengthen their warriors attacking strategy this week. "Hornets nest look good, me hungry" has been brain washed into their little heads over and over and over all week down by the river.

We'll see if it pays off.

;)

Lions88
11-13-2012, 08:45 PM
Lions88, what you don't know is the secret weapons the Injuns have been working on this week down by the river. I hear there could be more than 2-3 new braves to strengthen their warriors attacking strategy this week. "Hornets nest look good, me hungry" has been brain washed into their little heads over and over and over all week down by the river.

We'll see if it pays off.

;)
Yeah I just don't buy it.. I think the ville and glenrose exposed the alvarados d... If people are saying this qb is pretty mobile and can throw then I think gv has a good game.. That secondary minus 11 isn't that impressive... But none the less... We to have our hands full with van

TXfootballboi!
11-13-2012, 11:39 PM
Chapel hill!!!!! 2011 chapel hill!!

PurpleReign2011
11-13-2012, 11:52 PM
Chapel hill!!!!! 2011 chapel hill!!

Yeah we have experience.....but it has been a while since we've beaten a team we weren't suppose to. Like 2 yrs. If we want to be considered a solid program, we need to start winning games we aint suppose to.

loyalfan
11-14-2012, 12:21 AM

It's funny you think it's just proud parent stuff.

defense51
11-14-2012, 01:08 AM
It's funny you think it's just proud parent stuff.

It's funny that you think it's funny...

loyalfan
11-14-2012, 09:06 AM
It's funny that you think it's funny...

Thanks man. I try.

toddg
11-14-2012, 03:51 PM
http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13911/cottonwool-smile-happy-3774952-l.jpg (http://www.smileyvault.com/)...see the one with a smiley face? thats the way most folks see their kids...sticking out from the crowd..because it is THEIR kid! and rightfully so!..its the way i see my 3 boys..and frankly, to me(and their mother), they "are" the best thing since sliced bread! they play football, basketball,baseball, and track, and somehow manage to play a complicated instrument in the band as well..the best part is, they make straight As in school and treat others with kindness and respect...and they accomplish all that despite having me as their father, so i must be doing something right somewhere..and being an Alvarado alum, of course i am confident and enthusiastic about my team to the point of being rediculous sometimes...it always amuses me when folks from the "traditional" successful programs are so quick to admonish, while reminding everyone how many SCs they have or how many consecutive years they have made the playoffs etc., the folks from the upstart,recently successful programs for being too loud and too proud about their recent accomplishments, or expressing pride in their kid...there really is no reason to feel threatened or slighted by it.http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13911/0003~1.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

IndianQbdad
11-14-2012, 04:57 PM
http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13911/cottonwool-smile-happy-3774952-l.jpg (http://www.smileyvault.com/)...see the one with a smiley face? thats the way most folks see their kids...sticking out from the crowd..because it is THEIR kid! and rightfully so!..its the way i see my 3 boys..and frankly, to me(and their mother), they "are" the best thing since sliced bread! they play football, basketball,baseball, and track, and somehow manage to play a complicated instrument in the band as well..the best part is, they make straight As in school and treat others with kindness and respect...and they accomplish all that despite having me as their father, so i must be doing something right somewhere..and being an Alvarado alum, of course i am confident and enthusiastic about my team to the point of being rediculous sometimes...it always amuses me when folks from the "traditional" successful programs are so quick to admonish, while reminding everyone how many SCs they have or how many consecutive years they have made the playoffs etc., the folks from the upstart,recently successful programs for being too loud and too proud about their recent accomplishments, or expressing pride in their kid...there really is no reason to feel threatened or slighted by it.http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13911/0003~1.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

Tdogg , thank you so much for those kind words I really do agree and appreciate it. I may have sounded a little rediculous the other day but I didn't mean for anyone in anyway to think that I thought me or my son, ( Kenny west (18) was better or above anyone else in anyway. I think that he does have the qualities to be a great QB someday. I hope that he gets that chance that's all. I also know if he possesses the leadership qualities to lead a football team through the things they have been through then he will do great in life because he will b able to lead himself through anything. So that is where my pride comes from. If there are people on here who what to talk down to me because of it then I prey for you. God rules my life ,not anything or anyone who post on here and he is the only one I have to answer to about anything I say or do including words of pride I have spoken about my son.

IndianQbdad
11-14-2012, 04:59 PM
Glory be to GOD, not to 3adownlow. Enough said

IndianQbdad
11-14-2012, 05:03 PM
Isn't that what Simba's dad did in the lion king? He held his son up for everyone in the kingdom to see....... Lol

IndianQbdad
11-14-2012, 05:09 PM
LOL you just don't get it..
So maybe it's you , sir . That don't get it

Sparkie
11-14-2012, 06:33 PM
Let's get this back to the Friday night battle. Both teams are good. The outcome is up to the kids and which ones show up with their heads on straight. It will be a battle.

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-14-2012, 06:36 PM
Let's get this back to the Friday night battle. Both teams are good. The outcome is up to the kids and which ones show up with their heads on straight. It will be a battle.

Sparkie You hit the nail on the head.. Against Glen Rose Alvarado had their heads down.. Hopefully this week will be different. If they "show" up we cant be beat!

cowboyandchrist
11-14-2012, 06:58 PM
If Alvarado has anywhere near the D they had last year, I will take Alvarado by 10. Great team last year and they played the Ville a very good ball game this year.

hollywood
11-14-2012, 07:13 PM
If Alvarado has anywhere near the D they had last year, I will take Alvarado by 10. Great team last year and they played the Ville a very good ball game this year.

They are good. Hardest hitting defense Sville played all year

loyalfan
11-14-2012, 07:24 PM
Goodness, Alvarado fans have been spouting off this and that all season long on this site and even more so on this particular thread. You make one comment about one of those fans and it turns into a sentimental, "you shouldn't judge me" discussion. The fact of the matter is, Alvarado fans give off the impression that "they" are the greatest thing since sliced bread, and I personally cannot wait for Friday night's showdown. It's gonna be a CLOSE game either way. There will be no blowout, there will be no holding Gatesville to 18 yards, there will be no thrashing of any sort on the Hornets. This is an extremely hungry team who are very sound in what they do. They have had a lot of different game plans thrown at them all year. They have seen bigger bodies than Alvarado has to offer. They have been underestimated all season long and yet, here they sit, 10-0 and still rolling. So go ahead, underestimate the Hornets. Tell yourself this will be a walk in the park. We'll see what happens when the clock says :00.

Lions88
11-14-2012, 07:44 PM
Goodness, Alvarado fans have been spouting off this and that all season long on this site and even more so on this particular thread. You make one comment about one of those fans and it turns into a sentimental, "you shouldn't judge me" discussion. The fact of the matter is, Alvarado fans give off the impression that "they" are the greatest thing since sliced bread, and I personally cannot wait for Friday night's showdown. It's gonna be a CLOSE game either way. There will be no blowout, there will be no holding Gatesville to 18 yards, there will be no thrashing of any sort on the Hornets. This is an extremely hungry team who are very sound in what they do. They have had a lot of different game plans thrown at them all year. They have seen bigger bodies than Alvarado has to offer. They have been underestimated all season long and yet, here they sit, 10-0 and still rolling. So go ahead, underestimate the Hornets. Tell yourself this will be a walk in the park. We'll see what happens when the clock says :00.

I agree with this.. Y'all been spouting off a lot on this thread.. I would understand if y'all had the team from last year but you don't.. This version of Alvarado plays undiscipline football... Turnovers, penalties, broken coverages, not using personal enough or right has been killing y'all and all of the sudden this is going to change because the playoffs are starting?? I am sorry but this ain't 2011 Alvarado...lord I hope the Indians aren't this cocky.. I think all you are doing is messing around with a hornets nest because you know the kids read this... And you are going to get stung..

IndianQbdad
11-14-2012, 07:52 PM
We look forward to the challenge...!
Good luck to your team fri night. If we lose I will personally come on here and admit I was wrong . Should be a great Friday night lights atmosphere.

toddg
11-14-2012, 07:56 PM

and look whos spouting now!! its all relative..im not going to get all twisted about your opinion on this game, hell, i agree with a lot of it!! some here may underestimate the Hornets, but the way my son has described practice this week..the Indian coaches and players are not among those doing the underestimating! take that for what its worth, because its the truth..the thing is, win or lose, i will be back on here spouting..will you? i hope so, cause spouting alone is not fun!

toddg
11-14-2012, 08:07 PM
I agree with this.. Y'all been spouting off a lot on this thread.. I would understand if y'all had the team from last year but you don't.. This version of Alvarado plays undiscipline football... Turnovers, penalties, broken coverages, not using personal enough or right has been killing y'all and all of the sudden this is going to change because the playoffs are starting?? I am sorry but this ain't 2011 Alvarado...lord I hope the Indians aren't this cocky.. I think all you are doing is messing around with a hornets nest because you know the kids read this... And you are going to get stung..

http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13991/lions88.jpg (http://www.smileyvault.com/) shut up loins88..you already proved to everyone on this site the worthless value of your opinion on anything..so go crawl back into your hole so you dont make a fool of yourself again.

loyalfan
11-14-2012, 08:09 PM
and look whos spouting now!! its all relative..im not going to get all twisted about your opinion on this game, hell, i agree with a lot of it!! some here may underestimate the Hornets, but the way my son has described practice this week..the Indian coaches and players are not among those doing the underestimating! take that for what its worth, because its the truth..the thing is, win or lose, i will be back on here spouting..will you? i hope so, cause spouting alone is not fun!

Look bud, here's the deal. I've sat back and read this site for a long time. I like keeping up with Central Texas teams because I respect the way the coaches teach the game around here and the style of football is some of the best in Texas, in my opinion. I love when there are die hard fans that would do anything for their teams. However, the ignorance and arrogance of SOME of the Alvarado fans just rubbed me the wrong way and I probably should never had said anything because now I feel like I'm dropping down to that level, but my gosh, I couldn't take anymore. Hell, I may never post again after this game because I'm not sure if I will ever come across a fan base like this again.

Lions88
11-14-2012, 08:12 PM
http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13991/lions88.jpg (http://www.smileyvault.com/) shut up loins88..you already proved to everyone on this site the worthless value of your opinion on anything..so go crawl back into your hole so you dont make a fool of yourself again.

Thats a cute lil lion... I do believe that I was right in the end tho ;).. How that state champiobship game taste? Look y'all just arent as good as you were last year.l but yet all y'all are talking like you are.. You don't see me talking about Henderson on the van thread that much... Thats because while I know we have a good team... It isn't as good as years past.. Maybe you Indian fans should do the same because it's going to be funny when you go out in the first round...

toddg
11-14-2012, 08:39 PM
Look bud, here's the deal. I've sat back and read this site for a long time. I like keeping up with Central Texas teams because I respect the way the coaches teach the game around here and the style of football is some of the best in Texas, in my opinion. I love when there are die hard fans that would do anything for their teams. However, the ignorance and arrogance of SOME of the Alvarado fans just rubbed me the wrong way and I probably should never had said anything because now I feel like I'm dropping down to that level, but my gosh, I couldn't take anymore. Hell, I may never post again after this game because I'm not sure if I will ever come across a fan base like this again.

i hear ya! and i can relate..message boards and the people on them tend to bring out all types..just dont let the rumblings of a few cloud your opinion of the actual team. win or lose i hope you decide to continue to put your opinion out here..as i would be interested to read it.

toddg
11-14-2012, 08:47 PM
Thats a cute lil lion... I do believe that I was right in the end tho ;).. How that state champiobship game taste? Look y'all just arent as good as you were last year.l but yet all y'all are talking like you are.. You don't see me talking about Henderson on the van thread that much... Thats because while I know we have a good team... It isn't as good as years past.. Maybe you Indian fans should do the same because it's going to be funny when you go out in the first round...

if we go out in the first round or any other round it will just mean we were defeated by a better team..and i will say so on these pages without excuses..but my faith in the Indians will not be any less. and you know that.

Lions88
11-14-2012, 08:58 PM
if we go out in the first round or any other round it will just mean we were defeated by a better team..and i will say so on these pages without excuses..but my faith in the Indians will not be any less. and you know that.

I agree that you will.. But I think it really rubs people the wrong way when say a football players dad .. Not to mention any names but the qb for Alvarado when he starts spouting off about his son. All you are doing is ticking off that team to the south of you. Let's break it down like this.. They crushed the team that you lost to.. What makes you think that you are going to walk all over a team that is 10-0? You lost to the ville.. I saw that game..,y'all did good.. But made to many mistakes... From the 2 games I have seen y'all play.. To many penalties, to many broken coverages and you don't use your weapons like you should. Like I said I could really understand y'all spouting off if this was Alvarado 2011... But sadly it is not... Oh and I am not just picking on a few people about rubbing people the wrong way.. Because lord knows I have never done that ;)

hollywood
11-14-2012, 09:35 PM
It'll all come out Friday. Both Gatesville and Alvarado are good teams. How these 2 match up is interesting. 3 losses for Alvarado are against teams who run spread offenses. Gatesville is undefeated. Question is this, which defense can make the stops needed to gain the momentum to win? Alvarado has to pressure #9 enough to force him to make mistakes. No team has been able to yet. Gatesville will have to stop #8, #11 and #18 to give their offense enough opportunities to score. My view is Alvarado will over power Gatesville enough in the trenches to win. I will say this for the record, Gatesville hasn't played a defense that can hit and tackle as hard as Alvarado. Going to be some smash mouth football for sure.

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-14-2012, 10:00 PM
One thing is certain...... Alvarado has some fun fans.. Makes for good entertainment!

defense51
11-14-2012, 10:05 PM
I agree that you will.. But I think it really rubs people the wrong way when say a football players dad .. Not to mention any names but the qb for Alvarado when he starts spouting off about his son. All you are doing is ticking off that team to the south of you. Let's break it down like this.. They crushed the team that you lost to.. What makes you think that you are going to walk all over a team that is 10-0? You lost to the ville.. I saw that game..,y'all did good.. But made to many mistakes... From the 2 games I have seen y'all play.. To many penalties, to many broken coverages and you don't use your weapons like you should. Like I said I could really understand y'all spouting off if this was Alvarado 2011... But sadly it is not... Oh and I am not just picking on a few people about rubbing people the wrong way.. Because lord knows I have never done that ;):blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

defense51
11-14-2012, 10:06 PM
:redX:

bobcat1
11-14-2012, 10:09 PM
I'm gonna pull for the Injuns in this one. I think they got this one. Get them Spotted ponies ready to go on the Warpath!

ccmom
11-14-2012, 10:28 PM
I'm gonna pull for the Injuns in this one. I think they got this one. Get them Spotted ponies ready to go on the Warpath!

I'm sorry...can you repeat that? I always get distracted by Val winking at me! ;)

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-14-2012, 10:54 PM
I'm sorry...can you repeat that? I always get distracted by Val winking at me! ;)

ccmom.. I bet yer pretty hot arent ya! wink...

bobcat1
11-14-2012, 11:07 PM

I'm your Huckleberry.;)

IndianQbdad
11-15-2012, 12:01 AM
I agree that you will.. But I think it really rubs people the wrong way when say a football players dad .. Not to mention any names but the qb for Alvarado when he starts spouting off about his son. All you are doing is ticking off that team to the south of you. Let's break it down like this.. They crushed the team that you lost to.. What makes you think that you are going to walk all over a team that is 10-0? You lost to the ville.. I saw that game..,y'all did good.. But made to many mistakes... From the 2 games I have seen y'all play.. To many penalties, to many broken coverages and you don't use your weapons like you should. Like I said I could really understand y'all spouting off if this was Alvarado 2011... But sadly it is not... Oh and I am not just picking on a few people about rubbing people the wrong way.. Because lord knows I have never done that ;)

Let the team down south get ticked off, is that supposed to scare us..... Lions88 , you of all people do not have any room at all to get on here and say anything to anyone about spouting off at the mouth, after your two week long rant and rave last year. Again I do not think that Alvarado loses this one. If they do , I will , like I said " come on here and admit I was wrong and how I underestimated this power house of a football team from gatesville. Besides its all in good fun to get everyone blood pressure up for the big game Friday. This way you know everyone will be wide awake on the edge of their sets...... INDIANS WILL MOVE ON TO THE NEXT ROUND!!!!!! Put it in 2 inch headlines on the front page of the paper.

IndianQbdad
11-15-2012, 12:03 AM
Let the team down south get ticked off, is that supposed to scare us..... Lions88 , you of all people do not have any room at all to get on here and say anything to anyone about spouting off at the mouth, after your two week long rant and rave last year. Again I do not think that Alvarado loses this one. If they do , I will , like I said " come on here and admit I was wrong and how I underestimated this power house of a football team from gatesville. Besides its all in good fun to get everyone blood pressure up for the big game Friday. This way you know everyone will be wide awake on the edge of their sets...... INDIANS WILL MOVE ON TO THE NEXT ROUND!!!!!! Put it in 2 inch headlines on the front page of the paper.

Edit. : seats for sets

IndianQbdad
11-15-2012, 12:15 AM
Hope no one brings the crow.... I might have to eat it. Seriously , it should be a close game down to the wire. I know that Alvarado will have to play a good game that is mistake free and the defense has to step up this week and make adjustments to cover the spread offense. My hats off to gatesville for a 10-0 season . You do have my respect for that, because that alone is not an easy task in any district. Good luck Friday night , may the best team win.

PurpleReign2011
11-15-2012, 12:36 AM

Ok look, I don't think it matters that they beat Connaly. From this point on it's a new season. And I don't think anyone believes we are going to walk all over them. They are very good, and notice we are the under dogs in this one, and for very good reason. We do have a couple of fans who can get a little out of hand, and they need to remember that they are an extension of this program and need to represent it well. But just because some people don't always think before they speak, does not mean that is how the community as a whole feels, or how the team feels. In terms of us making too many mistakes, yes we have made too many this year. But a lot of the penalties we have been getting called on us have been for "chop blocks". In fact the one in Stephenville that really cost us was for a chop block. And China Spring fans were complaining about us "Chop Blocking". The fact is that is not what is happening. The defender is engaged with one of our lineman, but our lineman is not engaged with the defender, and another lineman cuts him. That is legal and officials have been calling it a chop block all year and flagging us for it. At times those penalties have really hurt our momentum on drives. No excuses, we do make a lot of mistakes. But looking at the total number a penalties we have had is a tad misleading. And yes we have had busted coverages, but we have a very young secondary. They have been getting better. And in regards to us "not using weapons like we should"....that is just stupid. I assume you're talking about #11??? Look i'll explain it to you, we two platoon. We believe doing that is the best thing because it keeps our athletes well rested. We rarely have ever had 2 way starters, not even T. Bates started on offense. Now look, 11 is an explosive player, the most explosive one we have on the team really. And we have created special packages for him to play receiver and we use him at it. He plays some running back. We use him just fine. He is not been getting quite the touches at RB because he does not always run with the ball tucked away, and he does not always want to run north and south. Now he doesn't start both ways for those reasons, but also imagine how tired he would get. He would never leave the field except for on kick off. He is the punt returner, kick off returner, and he starts in the secondary. Like you said our secondary is prone to busting coverages, so please explain how it would help us to have our most experienced and over all athletic player back there worn out and tired and not at all fresh. We use our weapons just fine. Coach Dixon has put together a good team, that does a great job of utilizing everyone's strengths. Fact of the matter is we are just not as talented as we have been in the past. And I will say it again, NO ONE IS EXPECTING US TO BLOW THEM OUT. Last time I checked, they are picked to win. We have some fans who are proud fans and that's fine, but they need to represent this program in a classy way. Yes, I understand that this is a website essentially built around trash talk, but some Alvarado fans need to cool it. As a whole community we greatly respect Gatesville, and so does the team. On this forum we need to remember that we are representing the Alvarado athletic program as a whole, the school, and really the whole community. No one really likes Lions88, and we need to make sure we are conducting ourselves better than he does. We don't want to be know as a community of Lions88's.

PurpleReign2011
11-15-2012, 12:37 AM
Wow that was long. sorry. Just had a lot to say I suppose.

toddg
11-15-2012, 12:50 AM
Wow that was long. sorry. Just had a lot to say I suppose.

some of those CB penalties are in the tackle box and shouldnt be called anyway...cliff notes on your post would be nice LOL!

PurpleReign2011
11-15-2012, 01:36 AM
some of those CB penalties are in the tackle box and shouldnt be called anyway...cliff notes on your post would be nice LOL!

True that! And that one in the Stephenville game was just bad. Like there was never even a cut. And that cost us on that drive. I know for a fact Coach Dixon contacted the Officiating Chapter on that one.

regaleagle
11-15-2012, 03:13 AM
It's become fairly obvious to me that the Alvarado faithful are very nervous about this game with Gatesville, and rightly so. Their whole season hinges on the outcome of this game. With the losses, Alvarado now finds itself in a first-round match with a very good competitive team in Gatesville. After the Stephenville game, most Alvarado fans probably thought the team would be OK in DII, maybe even make it to Jerryville again. But as it stands now, the road has suddenly narrowed down to this game. Good luck to both teams. This one should be an all out battle to survive another week.

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-15-2012, 07:52 AM
It's become fairly obvious to me that the Alvarado faithful are very nervous about this game with Gatesville, and rightly so. Their whole season hinges on the outcome of this game. With the losses, Alvarado now finds itself in a first-round match with a very good competitive team in Gatesville. After the Stephenville game, most Alvarado fans probably thought the team would be OK in DII, maybe even make it to Jerryville again. But as it stands now, the road has suddenly narrowed down to this game. Good luck to both teams. This one should be an all out battle to survive another week.

If Alvarado isn't nervous then they haven't watched GV. We really need to take this game and GV is a good team. Was watching the Middle linebacker. He seems to have a good nose for the ball...

Lions88
11-15-2012, 07:55 AM
Ok look, I don't think it matters that they beat Connaly. From this point on it's a new season. And I don't think anyone believes we are going to walk all over them. They are very good, and notice we are the under dogs in this one, and for very good reason. We do have a couple of fans who can get a little out of hand, and they need to remember that they are an extension of this program and need to represent it well. But just because some people don't always think before they speak, does not mean that is how the community as a whole feels, or how the team feels. In terms of us making too many mistakes, yes we have made too many this year. But a lot of the penalties we have been getting called on us have been for "chop blocks". In fact the one in Stephenville that really cost us was for a chop block. And China Spring fans were complaining about us "Chop Blocking". The fact is that is not what is happening. The defender is engaged with one of our lineman, but our lineman is not engaged with the defender, and another lineman cuts him. That is legal and officials have been calling it a chop block all year and flagging us for it. At times those penalties have really hurt our momentum on drives. No excuses, we do make a lot of mistakes. But looking at the total number a penalties we have had is a tad misleading. And yes we have had busted coverages, but we have a very young secondary. They have been getting better. And in regards to us "not using weapons like we should"....that is just stupid. I assume you're talking about #11??? Look i'll explain it to you, we two platoon. We believe doing that is the best thing because it keeps our athletes well rested. We rarely have ever had 2 way starters, not even T. Bates started on offense. Now look, 11 is an explosive player, the most explosive one we have on the team really. And we have created special packages for him to play receiver and we use him at it. He plays some running back. We use him just fine. He is not been getting quite the touches at RB because he does not always run with the ball tucked away, and he does not always want to run north and south. Now he doesn't start both ways for those reasons, but also imagine how tired he would get. He would never leave the field except for on kick off. He is the punt returner, kick off returner, and he starts in the secondary. Like you said our secondary is prone to busting coverages, so please explain how it would help us to have our most experienced and over all athletic player back there worn out and tired and not at all fresh. We use our weapons just fine. Coach Dixon has put together a good team, that does a great job of utilizing everyone's strengths. Fact of the matter is we are just not as talented as we have been in the past. And I will say it again, NO ONE IS EXPECTING US TO BLOW THEM OUT. Last time I checked, they are picked to win. We have some fans who are proud fans and that's fine, but they need to represent this program in a classy way. Yes, I understand that this is a website essentially built around trash talk, but some Alvarado fans need to cool it. As a whole community we greatly respect Gatesville, and so does the team. On this forum we need to remember that we are representing the Alvarado athletic program as a whole, the school, and really the whole community. No one really likes Lions88, and we need to make sure we are conducting ourselves better than he does. We don't want to be know as a community of Lions88's.

I agree, even with that last little shot that you threw in there at me :2thumbsup

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-15-2012, 09:37 AM
I agree, even with that last little shot that you threw in there at me :2thumbsup

hey Lions88 Do you have the liscense plate Lions88 on it.. Dark truck? I took a picture of a truck that had that. I could email you the pic.. Send me an email address..