PDA

View Full Version : Region IV Favorites? Dark horses?

txsportswriter
11-12-2012, 07:56 PM
Wanna see what people think in regards to Region IV.........
I would have to say that undefeated El Campo is the favorite to win the Division I, Region IV side of the bracket.
The only dark horse would have to be La Grange should they upset El Campo. I don't think anyone else in Region IV could make a case, but some may say Somerset has what it takes.
Here's how I see Region IV, Division I playing out:
Bi-District: El Campo over La Grange, Somerset over Boerne, Ingleside over Carizzo Springs, Kingsville over Hidalgo
Area: El Campo over Somerset, Ingleside over Kingsville
Regional: El Campo over Ingleside
El Campo will face Carthage (Region III champ) in the state semifinals.
-----------------------------
In DII, the consensus would be to pick defending state champion Wimberley as the favorite to win the region, but that Bellville vs Cuero winner may have enough to knock off the Texans in round two. Surprisingly, the Gobblers are favored to beat Bellville. Cuero is playing much better as of late and may just have enough to knock off the Brahmas. Should be a great game. IMO, I think the Bellville-Cuero victor knocks off Wimberley in round two. Devine, Orange Grove and Pleasanton are all 9-1, but their strength of schedule isn't exactly the toughest. IMO, the Wharton-Yoakum winner will be a dark horse to win the region as well as Navarro.
Here's how I see Region IV, Division II playing out:
Bi-District: Cuero over Bellville, Wimberley over La Vernia, Devine over Orange Grove, Raymondville over La Feria, Yoakum over Wharton, Navarro over Pleasanton, Sinton over Lytle, Port Isabel over Lyford
Area: Cuero over Wimberley, Devine over Raymondville, Yoakum over Navarro, Sinton over Port Isabel
Regional Qtr: Cuero over Devine, Yoakum over Sinton
Regional: Yoakum over Cuero
Yoakum will face Navasota (Region III champ) in the state semifinals.

*** As they say though, the games are played between the lines. If I was a betting man, I would bet I don't get all of these predictions right... LOL :eek:

Dawgfan64
11-12-2012, 08:08 PM
I would have to say that undefeated El Campo is the favorite to win the Division I, Region IV side of the bracket.
The only dark horse would have to be La Grange should they upset El Campo. I don't think anyone else in Region IV could make a case, but some may say Somerset has what it takes.
Bi-District: El Campo over La Grange, Somerset over Boerne, Ingleside over Carizzo Springs, Kingsville over Hidalgo
In DII, the consensus would be to pick defending state champion Wimberley as the favorite to win the region, but that Bellville vs Cuero winner may have enough to knock off the Texans in round two. Surprisingly, the Gobblers are favored to beat Bellville. Cuero is playing much better as of late and may just have enough to knock off the Brahmas. Should be a great game. IMO, I think the Bellville-Cuero victor knocks off Wimberley in round two. Devine, Orange Grove and Pleasanton are all 9-1, but their strength of schedule isn't exactly the toughest. IMO, the Wharton-Yoakum winner will be a dark horse to win the region as well as Navarro.
Bi-District: Cuero over Bellville, Wimberley over La Vernia, Devine over Orange Grove, Raymondville over La Feria, Yoakum over Wharton, Navarro over Pleasanton, Sinton over Lytle, Port Isabel over Lyford
Area: Cuero over Wimberley, Devine over Raymondville, Yoakum over Navarro, Sinton over Port Isabel

*** As they say though, the games are played between the lines. If I was a betting man, I would bet I don't get all of these predictions right... LOL :eek:

Wow...now that was a mouth full. Yeah, it's a good thing you're NOT a betting man? That's too far down the road to see IMHO. But since you have posted it, we can see how good your crystal ball sees into the future. It should be a wild ride again...Texas Football...let the games begin!

ogg
11-12-2012, 09:15 PM

You folks need to worry about Navarro.

txsportswriter
11-12-2012, 09:33 PM

I did say they could be a dark horse. Yoakum's 8th grade team (now seniors) played them back in 2008 and it was a great game with Yoakum winning on the road. Not to put much stock in to that, but it will that same group of seniors going at it again should both teams manage to get past the first round. One game at a time.

Ranger354
11-12-2012, 10:27 PM
Great post....
But if Yoakum and Sinton meet again bet on Sinton. Sinton had 12 players out the first meeting this year and the QB played sick.
Like I said this is a great post and wish all the teams well.!!!

rb585
11-12-2012, 10:37 PM

This. I think Navarro wins the bottom of the bracket, but loses to Bellville.

I think El Campo's only challenge will be LaGrange.

Tejastrue
11-12-2012, 10:40 PM
This. I think Navarro wins the bottom of the bracket, but loses to Bellville.

I think El Campo's only challenge will be LaGrange.

Wow, so you've already written us off? :bigcry:

txsportswriter
11-12-2012, 10:53 PM
Great post....
But if Yoakum and Sinton meet again bet on Sinton. Sinton had 12 players out the first meeting this year and the QB played sick.

I do think it'll be a much closer game should the Bulldogs and Pirates meet up, but we also didn't have our sophomore sensation QB when we met up the first time.
Also, one of our top receivers had a broken finger nail :2thumbsup
12 players were out in Week 2? Wow.:eek:

But, one game at a time. We'll cross that bridge should we be fortunate enough to get there. Most teams in the playoffs have something to hang their hat on.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-12-2012, 10:54 PM

he was thinking to much that he wrote off his own team lol.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-12-2012, 10:58 PM
I do think it'll be a much closer game should the Bulldogs and Pirates meet up, but we also didn't have our sophomore sensation QB when we met up the first time.
Also, one of our top receivers had a broken finger nail :2thumbsup
12 players were out in Week 2? Wow.:eek:

But, one game at a time. We'll cross that bridge should we be fortunate enough to get there. Most teams in the playoffs have something to hang their hat on. yep one game at a time but it's great that the opportunity might be there for Sinton to get another shot if both get there.

ogg
11-12-2012, 10:58 PM

That's good luck based on last year. We just need los owl now.

Corn Cob
11-12-2012, 11:06 PM
Great post....
This is funny..........12 players out..........yeah right! And by the way, when is the last time Sinton has beaten anybody north of the Corpus Christi area?

Tejastrue
11-12-2012, 11:12 PM
That's good luck based on last year. We just need los owl now.

Ah yes...he was the lone pessimist last year. :2thumbsup As for Lost Owls..I know he misses us Wimberley whackos. He's lurking out there somewhere. LOL

ogg
11-12-2012, 11:20 PM
This is funny..........12 players out..........yeah right! And by the way, when is the last time Sinton has beaten anybody north of the Corpus Christi area?

It's possible (12), we played Coldspring in the semi 2010 we had like 8 or 9 guys out.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-12-2012, 11:29 PM
This is funny..........12 players out..........yeah right! And by the way, when is the last time Sinton has beaten anybody north of the Corpus Christi area?09 Brookshire Royal, lost in over time to La Grange in region final. 2010 team was one of the better teams but lost in the first round to Columbia 28-21. Last year Sweeny turn couple of turnovers to td to take conntrol of that game. And yes the Yoakum game we had that many players outs including K. Garcia that averages 13.2 yds per carry. But you play with what you have and Sinton was able to get some players some playing time this season. I understand Yoakum had about as many players as Sinton and seems both have battle through injuries the whole season.

rb585
11-13-2012, 08:11 AM

I think I wrote us off in the 2nd round last year, too, so we should all be celebrating this prediction.

SintonFan
11-13-2012, 07:27 PM
09 Brookshire Royal, lost in over time to La Grange in region final. 2010 team was one of the better teams but lost in the first round to Columbia 28-21. Last year Sweeny turn couple of turnovers to td to take conntrol of that game. And yes the Yoakum game we had that many players outs including K. Garcia that averages 13.2 yds per carry. But you play with what you have and Sinton was able to get some players some playing time this season. I understand Yoakum had about as many players as Sinton and seems both have battle through injuries the whole season.

Good post. Both teams had lots of good players out for that game. A rematch would be fun for both teams. :2thumbsup

29-3aFAN
11-14-2012, 10:21 AM
Good post!!