pirate4state
11-11-2012, 04:44 PM
I'm already annoyed...

Roughneck93
11-11-2012, 04:48 PM
Nice answer by Dallas.

Bullaholic
11-11-2012, 06:09 PM
Cowboys don't seem to be able to even take advantage of a mentally and physically wounded Philly team. Changes will be a comin' if this holds up.

Roughneck93
11-11-2012, 06:11 PM
You gotta be kidding me...

So wide open!

Bullaholic
11-11-2012, 06:12 PM
Bridgeport plays better pass defense than Dallas on that TD play...embarassing and hard to take.

XtremeCouture
11-11-2012, 06:13 PM
Garrett is an idiot. They stopped running the ball and their offense sucks now. I can't believe they didn't pick up at 2nd and 1 with a run. Then to come out the second half passing is just plain stupid. The guy is not a head coach. He's gotta go

Roughneck93
11-11-2012, 06:22 PM
Another chance for the defense to get off the field...but, another penalty.

Roughneck93
11-11-2012, 06:24 PM
Claiborne having a bad game.

Macarthur
11-11-2012, 06:29 PM
This team is pathetic.

Bullaholic
11-11-2012, 06:36 PM
Been a long time since I've seen any NFL team with any player on either side of the ball unable make a play. Bryant has made his one big play and is done for the day. Appears to be the same for all of his other teammates. Guess they'll just Witten em' to death....

Roughneck93
11-11-2012, 06:37 PM
Nice play by Romo.

Roughneck93
11-11-2012, 06:43 PM
We'll take it. Nice catch Dez.

Bullaholic
11-11-2012, 06:43 PM
Well, looky here....

sotex
11-11-2012, 06:44 PM
Nice non-catch by Bryant. He got away with dropping that one.

Roughneck93
11-11-2012, 06:46 PM
Claiborne...:foul:

Ridiculous!

Macarthur
11-11-2012, 06:49 PM
Someone just won the PR job.

Roughneck93
11-11-2012, 06:49 PM
Awesome!

And no flags...lol!

Bullaholic
11-11-2012, 06:51 PM
Glory be...signs of life. Now, if the Cowboys can just avoid the stupid game-losing late mistakes.

sotex
11-11-2012, 06:52 PM
Nice return by Harris for a TD! Now the defense needs to start playing.

Roughneck93
11-11-2012, 06:55 PM
Wow! Pick 6...

:clap:

Roughneck93
11-11-2012, 07:02 PM
Should have been another pick right there.

Indian 1985
11-11-2012, 07:02 PM
A 78 yard TD return, followed by a pick 6!
Game changer right there!

Dang! Scandrick almost had another pic.

Bullaholic
11-11-2012, 07:06 PM
Dang--the 'Pokes just might win the "Coaches U-Haul" Bowl....:D

Indian 1985
11-11-2012, 07:16 PM
dang--the 'pokes just might win the "coaches u-haul" bowl....:d

lol!

Indian 1985
11-11-2012, 07:24 PM
2 minutes left... Eagles about to score...

Still plenty of time for Dallas to find a way to lose... :speech:

sotex
11-11-2012, 07:25 PM
. . . .

Indian 1985
11-11-2012, 07:32 PM
if the Cowboys come from ahead to lose this one does Jones fire Garrett?

Jerry Jones should fire Jerry Jones! :D

Indian 1985
11-11-2012, 07:33 PM
HAHAHAHA!!!
Fumble in the end zone!
TD Dallas!!!

Roughneck93
11-11-2012, 07:33 PM
Two defensive TDs...:clap:

Cowboys showing a faint pulse...

sotex
11-11-2012, 07:34 PM
Jerry Jones should fire Jerry Jones! :D

I agree but not happening.

Indian 1985
11-11-2012, 07:40 PM
I agree but not happening.

Yeah, but we can still dream...

defense51
11-11-2012, 07:44 PM
#65 on Philadelphia's O-line is a giant, he makes the backup QB look short.

sotex
11-11-2012, 07:54 PM
I've heard of players referred to as "house" and "hotel". That guy is "office building". Ginormous.

Indian 1985
11-11-2012, 08:07 PM
In other news...
STL 24
SF 24
In OT.
Neither team can put it away.
1:36 left until a tie game.

Indian 1985
11-11-2012, 08:13 PM
First tie game since 2008!

sotex
11-11-2012, 08:15 PM
In other news...
STL 24
SF 24
In OT.
Neither team can put it away.
1:36 left until a tie game.
Game over. Tie game. Crazy day in the NFL. Giants lose to Bengals. Undefeated Falcons lose to Saints. Crazy.

Macarthur
11-11-2012, 11:14 PM
As frustrating as this team has been, they are a FG that missed by about 2 feet in Balt and a Dez fingernail from 6-3 and a commanding lead in this division.

The nfl is a crazy leauge.

Tejastrue
11-11-2012, 11:22 PM
As frustrating as this team has been, they are a FG that missed by about 2 feet in Balt and a Dez fingernail from 6-3 and a commanding lead in this division.

The nfl is a crazy leauge.

Dallas had some games where they've played better with bad results. It was nice to see the turnovers go their way. Felix Jones looked better tonight although we do need Murray back soon.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-11-2012, 11:25 PM
Been a long time since I've seen any NFL team with any player on either side of the ball unable make a play. Bryant has made his one big play and is done for the day. Appears to be the same for all of his other teammates. Guess they'll just Witten em' to death....LOL! Witten em' to death

SintonFan_inAustin
11-11-2012, 11:27 PM
Two defensive TDs...:clap:

Cowboys showing a faint pulse...lol yep but it helped the other team had no pulse!

SintonFan
11-12-2012, 02:11 AM
Looks like neither team wanted to win... so bad... that winning...

On another note: If the Cowboys had Costa and Murray back they might be OK. ;)

Farmersfan
11-12-2012, 08:59 AM
I don't think anybody is really acknowledging how do-or-die the Eagles were playing in this game. The Eagle defense was spot on for most of the game. If they had played like that the whole season they wouldn't be in this final death rattle situation. And I can't help but comment on the extreme one-sided pass interference calls that were called early in this game. I saw at least 20 times the Eagle D-backs were holding and grabbing just as much as the Cowboys and it wasn't called. Seems to me some of the Cowboys D-backs are getting talked about in weekly referee meetings. I'm not saying Scandrick isn't holding all the time but I see just as much holding on the Cowboy receivers and it takes a complete take down to get a call. This is a much needed win but I still don't have much confidence in this offense. If not for 21 points scored by the defense and special teams the Cowboys still lose this game. The offense is pathetic, the o-line is pathetic and I stand by my constant comment that Romo is pathetic. I don't care how much pressure the other team brings Romo shouldn't look like a rookie......................... At least a half dozen times Romo starts looking for a place to fall down and the pressure isn't even on him yet!! PATHETIC!!!!!

Farmersfan
11-12-2012, 09:02 AM
Oh yea!! I forgot.... WHAT'S WITH THE DAMN ENCROACHMENT PENALTIES? Maybe a few players need to lose their jobs if they can't learn to not jump off sides on 3rd down! :mad::mad:

GrTigers6
11-12-2012, 10:04 AM
I don't think anybody is really acknowledging how do-or-die the Eagles were playing in this game. The Eagle defense was spot on for most of the game. If they had played like that the whole season they wouldn't be in this final death rattle situation. And I can't help but comment on the extreme one-sided pass interference calls that were called early in this game. I saw at least 20 times the Eagle D-backs were holding and grabbing just as much as the Cowboys and it wasn't called. Seems to me some of the Cowboys D-backs are getting talked about in weekly referee meetings. I'm not saying Scandrick isn't holding all the time but I see just as much holding on the Cowboy receivers and it takes a complete take down to get a call. This is a much needed win but I still don't have much confidence in this offense. If not for 21 points scored by the defense and special teams the Cowboys still lose this game. The offense is pathetic, the o-line is pathetic and I stand by my constant comment that Romo is pathetic. I don't care how much pressure the other team brings Romo shouldn't look like a rookie......................... At least a half dozen times Romo starts looking for a place to fall down and the pressure isn't even on him yet!! PATHETIC!!!!!Tecnically they would have tied. It was 17-17 when the special teams an defensive scores happened. And I doubt the D would have played prevent with a tie score. Plus I doubt, and I hope im right, that Garrett would have played so conservatively with the game tied as he did with a14 point lead. That being said they need to figure out a way to get the ball down the field with quick passes because that is all the time this Oline will give Romo. If it wasnt for his athleticism we may not be enjoying a win

Macarthur
11-12-2012, 10:08 AM
I don't think anybody is really acknowledging how do-or-die the Eagles were playing in this game. The Eagle defense was spot on for most of the game. If they had played like that the whole season they wouldn't be in this final death rattle situation. And I can't help but comment on the extreme one-sided pass interference calls that were called early in this game. I saw at least 20 times the Eagle D-backs were holding and grabbing just as much as the Cowboys and it wasn't called. Seems to me some of the Cowboys D-backs are getting talked about in weekly referee meetings. I'm not saying Scandrick isn't holding all the time but I see just as much holding on the Cowboy receivers and it takes a complete take down to get a call. This is a much needed win but I still don't have much confidence in this offense. If not for 21 points scored by the defense and special teams the Cowboys still lose this game. The offense is pathetic, the o-line is pathetic and I stand by my constant comment that Romo is pathetic. I don't care how much pressure the other team brings Romo shouldn't look like a rookie......................... At least a half dozen times Romo starts looking for a place to fall down and the pressure isn't even on him yet!! PATHETIC!!!!!

Agree with much of what you are saying. I still find it really odd and pathalogical that you still try to find a way to take a shot at Romo. He was under seige. When he tried to make plays under pressure and makes a mistake, aka Chicago, he's roasted and then yesterday, he is more cautious and just eats the ball and he's hammered for that? Comeon FF, let's get past some of this silliness.

I'm telling you, go back and rewatch this game. This game completely turned when Romo made that crazy escape and found Austin for the first down. How many QBs in this league make that play?

buff4ever
11-12-2012, 10:25 AM
I had this agument with family yesterday. Romo fans always hang on to one or two better than average plays in a game, and act like he is a great. Why do Romo fans see those two plays and think he is awesome, but then ignore 4 or 5 plays that are far below average to pathetic.

All in all, if you ignore this play or that play, and look at his record as a qb and leader of this team, that is what will define him. Right now, I don't like it, I haven't liked it since about his 2nd or 3rd year as the starter. I quit buying Romo because I don't think he is a winner or a leader. I know this year with the running back getting hurt, and the pressure that is put on Romo gives the Romo lovers another year of excuses to why he is the man to lead the cowboys, but that is just unfortunate cause I believe he is not. I am tired of the excuses.

Glad we got the win yesterday, and hope that the offense can find a way to put together some better play for the rest of the year and make a last minute run at the playoffs. Offense is scoring so far below what they need to to win week in and week out, I don't know if they will turn it around.

BullBoy
11-12-2012, 10:28 AM
This game completely turned when Romo made that crazy escape and found Austin for the first down. How many QBs in this league make that play?

Yep, I'm an Eagles fan and when I saw Romo escape the first few defenders I knew it wasn't gonna be good, I've seen him do it too many times. I wish Dallas would get rid of Romo, Cowboys fans aren't the only ones that get headaches from him. Blew my mind and yet I expected him to make a play, no other qb in the league escapes that rush (ok maybe Big Ben but after that NO OTHER QB)... BUT, atleast we got a look at what might be the future QB of the Eagles and he wasn't too bad. Suprisingly the O'line held up ok or atleast as good as you can expect from 4 backups and a starter. There WILL be changes in Philly, there's no excuse for a team with as much talent as Philadelphia to underachieve the way they have been, it's pathetic.

Macarthur
11-12-2012, 10:34 AM
I had this agument with family yesterday. Romo fans always hang on to one or two better than average plays in a game, and act like he is a great. Why do Romo fans see those two plays and think he is awesome, but then ignore 4 or 5 plays that are far below average to pathetic.

List the 4 or 5 plays that were pathetic?

pirate4state
11-12-2012, 10:37 AM

All in all, if you ignore this play or that play, and look at his record as a qb and leader of this team, that is what will define him. Right now, I don't like it, I haven't liked it since about his 2nd or 3rd year as the starter. I quit buying Romo because I don't think he is a winner or a leader. I know this year with the running back getting hurt, and the pressure that is put on Romo gives the Romo lovers another year of excuses to why he is the man to lead the cowboys, but that is just unfortunate cause I believe he is not. I am tired of the excuses.

Glad we got the win yesterday, and hope that the offense can find a way to put together some better play for the rest of the year and make a last minute run at the playoffs. Offense is scoring so far below what they need to to win week in and week out, I don't know if they will turn it around.

:iagree:

I'm sick & tired of our defensive giving up first downs on idiotic penalties. I hate playing not to lose instead of playing to win. "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!" UGH! UGH! UGH!!! :ack!: :mad:

Macarthur
11-12-2012, 10:43 AM
It never ceases to amaze me how Romo has a 122 rating, was under pressure all game with 3 sacks and 7 pressures, very little run game after the first series, does not turn the ball over and there's still folks wanting to take shots at the guy.

I will fully admit that he's had a couple of his worst games ever this season, but good grief folks. If you're gonna hammer on Romo, at least wait until he has a bad game.

Maroon87
11-12-2012, 12:03 PM
It never ceases to amaze me how Romo has a 122 rating, was under pressure all game with 3 sacks and 7 pressures, very little run game after the first series, does not turn the ball over and there's still folks wanting to take shots at the guy.

I will fully admit that he's had a couple of his worst games ever this season, but good grief folks. If you're gonna hammer on Romo, at least wait until he has a bad game.

There are just some people in the world that have to tear somebody down to feel better about themselves.

buff4ever
11-12-2012, 12:30 PM
There are just some people in the world that have to tear somebody down to feel better about themselves.

Actually, if you were referring to me, I am generally a very positive and optimistic person. I see the better always. It just burned me too many times with ROMO, and to top it off, I just don't dig his personality as a competitor and leader. I know, that will get me criticized by his fans, but it is the truth. I usually don't let personal dislike of someones dimeaner get in the way of judgement, but with romo, it just has. But if he would prove me wrong and lead this team with consistent success and performance, I would be forced to shut up and enjoy it as a cowboy fan.

Macarthur
11-12-2012, 12:50 PM
Actually, if you were referring to me, I am generally a very positive and optimistic person. I see the better always. It just burned me too many times with ROMO, and to top it off, I just don't dig his personality as a competitor and leader. I know, that will get me criticized by his fans, but it is the truth. I usually don't let personal dislike of someones dimeaner get in the way of judgement, but with romo, it just has. But if he would prove me wrong and lead this team with consistent success and performance, I would be forced to shut up and enjoy it as a cowboy fan.

And you just admitted what I think the issue is with the vast majority of Romo haters. They don't like the way he looks. They don't like that he wore his hat backwards. They don't like that his escapades with the ladies were highly publicized (when Aikman has admitted he enjoyed the 'benefits' of being the QB of The Dallas Cowboys).

The Romo hate has much more to do with window dressing than play on the field.

Cam
11-12-2012, 12:54 PM
Whatever happened to rookie safety Matt Johnson? Did he never heal up? Is he on IR? I think I enjoy watching the young players develop more than anything else about the NFL.....

Cam
11-12-2012, 01:00 PM
And you just admitted what I think the issue is with the vast majority of Romo haters. They don't like the way he looks. They don't like that he wore his hat backwards. They don't like that his escapades with the ladies were highly publicized (when Aikman has admitted he enjoyed the 'benefits' of being the QB of The Dallas Cowboys).

Well, you can't fault Romo for his escapades with the ladies.....afterall, he is a horny Latin!.....or at least half-Latin.....Heck, look at Sanchez in NY, he's over there doing his thing with the ladies while Tebow watches in total disgust!....:smoker:

Macarthur
11-12-2012, 01:05 PM
Whatever happened to rookie safety Matt Johnson? Did he never heal up? Is he on IR? I think I enjoy watching the young players develop more than anything else about the NFL.....

I don't think they have put him on IR yet. Not sure why, but I guess they think they may still get something out of him. He better be worth the wait because I'm shocked they have held a spot on the 53 for this guy.

Tejastrue
11-12-2012, 01:15 PM
Wow..even with a Cowboys' victory they are under scrutiny with negativity. Enjoy the win and be grateful we are not in Eagles' land today. Is Reid still the coach? LOL..

Farmersfan
11-12-2012, 02:44 PM

Yea, that's it! Window dressing!!!!! :thumbsup:

Farmersfan
11-12-2012, 02:58 PM
Wow..even with a Cowboys' victory they are under scrutiny with negativity. Enjoy the win and be grateful we are not in Eagles' land today. Is Reid still the coach? LOL..

Oh how low the bar has been set with this team these days! We are supposed to take positive from that crap yesterday?

Txbroadcaster
11-12-2012, 03:01 PM
Oh how low the bar has been set with this team these days! We are supposed to take positive from that crap yesterday?

It was a crapfest to say the least..but in the NFL a win is a win is a win.

Macarthur
11-12-2012, 03:08 PM

I think there are a couple of positives.

1. The defense finally forced some TOs and they were big one's that resulted in points. If they can keep forcing TOs, this team has a chance to do something.
2. The special teams were good and we might have actually found our punt returner.
3. Two games in a row where the offense didn't turn the ball over.

But the offense overall was really ugly. I am even more convinced that JG the play caller is the primary issue here. He just seems to have no feel for play calling. They actually had a few decent runs when they caught Philly blitzing in the first half. Then in the 3rd, we went away from that. And this team is terrible at screen plays. We have a really fast TE in Hanna and fast RBs yet we can't run a screen to save our life. That is a coaching problem.

Tejastrue
11-12-2012, 03:16 PM
It was a crapfest to say the least..but in the NFL a win is a win is a win.

Exactly. I'll take a crappy win any day over a loss.

Farmersfan
11-12-2012, 03:25 PM
It
at least wait until he has a bad game.

The running game averaged over 5.4 yards per attempt and had over 100 for the day. Tony Romo was sacked 3 times and under pressure 7 times out of 56 total offensive plays. (26 passing and probably 10 more passing that he "kill, kill, kill" into running plays). There were 9 QBs in the NFL that got sacked as much or more than Romo did yesterday. Only 2 of them managed to win. So it is difficult to win with this kind of pressure on the QB. But those sacks and pressures were only on 10 plays and a good QB must overcome them. What did Romo do the other 16 passing plays and 30 running plays? What reads did Romo make at the line and what adjustments did he make with his receivers to offset those 6 and 7 man blitzes that the Eagles were bringing. I saw 1 time that Romo tried a slant patter to Dez as the hot receiver on one of the many Philly blitzes. These are the kinds of things a veteran QB has to provide. Romo looked like a rookie for most of the game yesterday. He didn't make the big mistakes this time but other a single good escape play and the long pass to Dez (that should not been called a TD) he pretty much didn't do anything except allow the Eagles defense to dictate to him. We had this discussion about the 09' playoff game where the Vikes put Romo in this do nothing but look for a place to fall down mode. Hell, at one point the camera showed a replay of Romo while in the process of throwing the ball his eyes are closed and he's cringing away from a hit that never came. HIS EYES WERE CLOSED WHILE HE WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF THROWING A PASS! Is there any wonder he is setting a personal record for interceptions this season?

Macarthur
11-12-2012, 03:29 PM
The running game averaged over 5.4 yards per attempt and had over 100 for the day. Tony Romo was sacked 3 times and under pressure 7 times out of 56 total offensive plays. (26 passing and probably 10 more passing that he "kill, kill, kill" into running plays). There were 9 QBs in the NFL that got sacked as much or more than Romo did yesterday. Only 2 of them managed to win. So it is difficult to win with this kind of pressure on the QB. But those sacks and pressures were only on 10 plays and a good QB must overcome them. What did Romo do the other 16 passing plays and 30 running plays? What reads did Romo make at the line and what adjustments did he make with his receivers to offset those 6 and 7 man blitzes that the Eagles were bringing. I saw 1 time that Romo tried a slant patter to Dez as the hot receiver on one of the many Philly blitzes. These are the kinds of things a veteran QB has to provide. Romo looked like a rookie for most of the game yesterday. He didn't make the big mistakes this time but other a single good escape play and the long pass to Dez (that should not been called a TD) he pretty much didn't do anything except allow the Eagles defense to dictate to him. We had this discussion about the 09' playoff game where the Vikes put Romo in this do nothing but look for a place to fall down mode. Hell, at one point the camera showed a replay of Romo while in the process of throwing the ball his eyes are closed and he's cringing away from a hit that never came. HIS EYES WERE CLOSED WHILE HE WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF THROWING A PASS! Is there any wonder he is setting a personal record for interceptions this season?

I'm not going to get into this with you again for multiple reasons. You simply have a blind spot with Romo and nothing I say is going to change that.

YOu have no idea what you are talking about with reads and adjustments unless you have coaches film and know what play was called and what adjustment was made. There is no way we know that. Therefore it's a ridiculous argument.

Farmersfan
11-12-2012, 03:34 PM
Exactly. I'll take a crappy win any day over a loss.

Except those two aren't the only two options. Would you take a crappy win over a good hard fought and well played win? Of course not! These are professionals and not a bunch of Jr. high school ball players. I think the fans are well within their rights to expect some quality football out of them. And this "Crappy Win" that you are happy with is just an example of what we have watched for 15 years with this franchise! It only takes a wrong bounce here or there and these kinds of games played by this team turn from "Crappy wins" to horrible loses................ We got the bounces yesterday! It's not likely we will get them every week from here on out. We need this offense to step up!

Txbroadcaster
11-12-2012, 03:42 PM

What Romo did was exactly what you have said he cannot do...he protected the ball and played smart..checked down when he had too..he had one moment and it was a huge moment where he did what maybe 3 or 4 other QBs in the NFL can do and converted at the time the biggest third down of the game.

but the very fact you said..in the games where QB was sacked as much or more than Romo the record was 2-7..and of those Romo had the 2nd highest passer rating as well.

Txbroadcaster
11-12-2012, 03:44 PM
Except those two aren't the only two options. Would you take a crappy win over a good hard fought and well played win? Of course not! These are professionals and not a bunch of Jr. high school ball players. I think the fans are well within their rights to expect some quality football out of them. And this "Crappy Win" that you are happy with is just an example of what we have watched for 15 years with this franchise! It only takes a wrong bounce here or there and these kinds of games played by this team turn from "Crappy wins" to horrible loses................ We got the bounces yesterday! It's not likely we will get them every week from here on out. We need this offense to step up!

I dont think I said anything about being happy about how they played..I said a win is a win is a win...simple as that. one more win they need to get into the play offs.

pirate4state
11-12-2012, 03:45 PM

Yep - if he looked like Tom Brady I wouldn't care if he wore his hat backwards. He could throw 12 picks and I wouldn't care, IF he looked like Brady :inlove:

:rolleyes:

buff4ever
11-12-2012, 03:56 PM
I dont think I said anything about being happy about how they played..I said a win is a win is a win...simple as that. one more win they need to get into the play offs.

PLAYOFFS, PLAYOFFS!!!!! Who was that coach, Herm Edwards? Oh yeah, that is what I thought of when I read your post. We aren't playing offensively like we deserve playoff talk, but luckily, we can still get in even with our play right now. We are in the right division potentially.

Farmersfan
11-12-2012, 03:56 PM
I'm not going to get into this with you again for multiple reasons. You simply have a blind spot with Romo and nothing I say is going to change that.

YOu have no idea what you are talking about with reads and adjustments unless you have coaches film and know what play was called and what adjustment was made. There is no way we know that. Therefore it's a ridiculous argument.

Of course we can't know what play is called in the huddle or what adjustments were made! But we can know if the RIGHT adjustment was made or if the CORRECT play was called. Can't we? You have been calling Garrett out on his play calling just like I call Romo out on his reads and adjustments. But how do YOU know what plays Garrett calls? You don't. You are basing it on results just like I am. So your argument against my argument is ridiculous! :taunt:

Farmersfan
11-12-2012, 04:11 PM
What Romo did was exactly what you have said he cannot do...he protected the ball and played smart..checked down when he had too..he had one moment and it was a huge moment where he did what maybe 3 or 4 other QBs in the NFL can do and converted at the time the biggest third down of the game.

but the very fact you said..in the games where QB was sacked as much or more than Romo the record was 2-7..and of those Romo had the 2nd highest passer rating as well.

I will certainly take this over his other alter-ego! If Romo doesn't turn the ball over anymore this season I'm thinking the Cowboys get on a roll and go 5-2 the rest of the way for a 9-7 record and a divisional title. But it won't happen. Romo will have at least 6 more turnovers (2 will be pick 6s) before this season ends in a missed playoff opportunity.......

Macarthur
11-12-2012, 04:12 PM
Of course we can't know what play is called in the huddle or what adjustments were made! But we can know if the RIGHT adjustment was made or if the CORRECT play was called. Can't we? You have been calling Garrett out on his play calling just like I call Romo out on his reads and adjustments. But how do YOU know what plays Garrett calls? You don't. You are basing it on results just like I am. So your argument against my argument is ridiculous! :taunt:

I do know that he is the HC and he is the play caller so the buck stops with him. It's much easier to base the results at his feet than any one individual who must depend on 10 other players to do their job for one play to be successful.

buff4ever
11-12-2012, 04:20 PM
I do know that he is the HC and he is the play caller so the buck stops with him. It's much easier to base the results at his feet than any one individual who must depend on 10 other players to do their job for one play to be successful.

It is this attitude that has allowed us to go through how many running backs, how many receivers and how many head coaches, all the time thinking it is everyone else's fault and not romo's. To an extent each of these excuses are legit, I nor anyone else can deny that, but to ignore that Romo, the only common denominator isn't a part of the problem is crazy.

by the way Mac, while I am typing. To your ealier request to name the 4 plays, I am not just referring to this game, even though if I go back and watch it, I am sure I could find them. The point was that for every miraculous play that he makes work, there are more than one that shot a drive in the foot, or cost us points, or a game. The romo supporters bring up a play here or there, and want to live and die by that one play that comes along every once in a while, I would rather consistantly good than big highs and big lows, even if they were one for one, which they aren't.

GrTigers6
11-12-2012, 04:27 PM
It is this attitude that has allowed us to go through how many running backs, how many receivers and how many head coaches, all the time thinking it is everyone else's fault and not romo's. To an extent each of these excuses are legit, I nor anyone else can deny that, but to ignore that Romo, the only common denominator isn't a part of the problem is crazy.

by the way Mac, while I am typing. To your ealier request to name the 4 plays, I am not just referring to this game, even though if I go back and watch it, I am sure I could find them. The point was that for every miraculous play that he makes work, there are more than one that shot a drive in the foot, or cost us points, or a game. The romo supporters bring up a play here or there, and want to live and die by that one play that comes along every once in a while, I would rather consistantly good than big highs and big lows, even if they were one for one, which they aren't.Uh the drive stoppers have been dropped passes, Dumn holding or false start penalties more than anything else.
As far as your common denominator theory The new backs and recievers are no better caliber than what we had at this point so how is that even a comparison? The main problem is the same as its been since the 09 season. The O line, And discipline all over the team, Or should I say lack there of.

Macarthur
11-12-2012, 04:41 PM

by the way Mac, while I am typing. To your ealier request to name the 4 plays, I am not just referring to this game, even though if I go back and watch it, I am sure I could find them. The point was that for every miraculous play that he makes work, there are more than one that shot a drive in the foot, or cost us points, or a game. The romo supporters bring up a play here or there, and want to live and die by that one play that comes along every once in a while, I would rather consistantly good than big highs and big lows, even if they were one for one, which they aren't.

It really is amazing to me that someone that has watched this football team play over the last several years thinks that Romo is the problem around here. I gotta tell ya, I know this sounds overly dramatic, but I truly think that pathalogical.

You really watched that game yesterday and thought - Damn! If would only get rid of that Romo guy, we'd be in business?

Serious question.

Farmersfan
11-12-2012, 04:46 PM

Well I agree that ultimately it is the responsibility of the HC if things don't work out. But to use your words, the HC actually reguires even more players do their jobs for a play to be successful. The big difference in my book is that the QB has the option to read the defense and adjust the play based on what he sees from the defense in "REAL TIME". A incorrect audible is not the HC's fault. Just as a failure to audible when it is needed is not the HC's fault........ The QB has read and adjust responsibilities and what he sees from the defense tells him not only whether he should "kill, kill, kill" but what his read progression should be. He doesn't simply go out and run the play that Garrett calls like a robot.....................

Macarthur
11-12-2012, 04:52 PM
Well I agree that ultimately it is the responsibility of the HC if things don't work out. But to use your words, the HC actually reguires even more players do their jobs for a play to be successful. The big difference in my book is that the QB has the option to read the defense and adjust the play based on what he sees from the defense in "REAL TIME". A incorrect audible is not the HC's fault. Just as a failure to audible when it is needed is not the HC's fault........ The QB has read and adjust responsibilities and what he sees from the defense tells him not only whether he should "kill, kill, kill" but what his read progression should be. He doesn't simply go out and run the play that Garrett calls like a robot.....................

It's not just the HC. JG is the HC AND OC and he has been with Romo for 7 years. After 7 years, I think it's safe to say that Romo is not doing anything that has not been coached into him by his OC.

Farmersfan
It really is amazing to me that someone that has watched this football team play over the last several years thinks that Romo is the problem around here. I gotta tell ya, I know this sounds overly dramatic, but I truly think that pathalogical.

You really watched that game yesterday and thought - Damn! If would only get rid of that Romo guy, we'd be in business?

Serious question.

Why does it have to be a mental disorder if someone disagrees with you? And i don't think ANYONE has ever said it is all Romo's fault. But Romo has certainly been part of the problem.....

GrTigers6
Well I agree that ultimately it is the responsibility of the HC if things don't work out. But to use your words, the HC actually reguires even more players do their jobs for a play to be successful. The big difference in my book is that the QB has the option to read the defense and adjust the play based on what he sees from the defense in "REAL TIME". A incorrect audible is not the HC's fault. Just as a failure to audible when it is needed is not the HC's fault........ The QB has read and adjust responsibilities and what he sees from the defense tells him not only whether he should "kill, kill, kill" but what his read progression should be. He doesn't simply go out and run the play that Garrett calls like a robot.....................Just because you change the play correctly doesnt make the play work. You still need 11 players executing to make any plays work. That has been the problem. Either someone ran the wrong route or held, or jumped offsides. or was overthrown. Its several factors and very little have to do with the QB's execution.
Yes he is the one who ties it all together, But he still needs 10 other players to make it successful

Macarthur
11-12-2012, 05:01 PM
Why does it have to be a mental disorder if someone disagrees with you? And i don't think ANYONE has ever said it is all Romo's fault. But Romo has certainly been part of the problem.....

I think that someone that has watched this team for a number of years and thinks that Romo is the problem here is crazy. Anyone that thinks cronic offsides, PI, Illegal contact, false start, holding and illegal shift penalties are Romo's fault is nuts. Anyone that thinks it's Romo's fault that this defense has been at the bottom of the league for about 5 years now in turnovers forced is nuts. Anyone that thinks this team's chronic special teams gaffs are Romo's fault is nuts. Anyone that thinks this organzation's failure to consistently draft well is Romo's fault is nuts.

And before you go there, I know what your response is going to be.

THESE ISSUES WERE HERE LONG BEFORE ROMO GOT HERE!

This has been one of the worst organizations for more than a decade now. The only reason this organization has had a handful of winning season is because of Tony Romo. So yes, I think someone that can actually look at this history of this organization over the last decade plus and think that Romo is even 50th on the list of issues is insane.

I know no one has said it's ALL Romo's fault, but how can you not read week after week the posts on this board (even when they win) that complain about Romo and not think that these people put at least a large part of it on him?

Txbroadcaster
11-12-2012, 05:19 PM
I still say right now the offense is to complex for this group of WRs...look when Austin is doing it well it is improv.he struggles with his route running...Laurent Robinson last year lived off the broken play...even Dez is at his best when it goes from thinking to much about where I am supposed to be and is simply finding space....get rid of the 200 options a play

pirate4state
11-12-2012, 05:19 PM
I think that someone that has watched this team for a number of years and thinks that Romo is the problem here is crazy. Anyone that thinks cronic offsides, PI, Illegal contact, false start, holding and illegal shift penalties are Romo's fault is nuts. Anyone that thinks it's Romo's fault that this defense has been at the bottom of the league for about 5 years now in turnovers forced is nuts. Anyone that thinks this team's chronic special teams gaffs are Romo's fault is nuts. Anyone that thinks this organzation's failure to consistently draft well is Romo's fault is nuts.

This has been one of the worst organizations for more than a decade now. The only reason this organization has had a handful of winning season is because of Tony Romo. So yes, I think someone that can actually look at this history of this organization over the last decade plus and think that Romo is even 50th on the list of issues is insane.

I know no one has said it's ALL Romo's fault, but how can you not read week after week the posts on this board (even when they win) that complain about Romo and not think that these people put at least a large part of it on him?

We should totally just STAB CAESAR!

lol sorry....carry on

buff4ever
11-12-2012, 05:24 PM

I know you think this is not a winnable argument, but I am going to say because he doesn't lead well. Probably because he can't demand their respect.

I actually put most of the blame on JJ, but I don't think he is going anywhere anytime soon, so I wish for the next best thing. Cause he has tried all of the others.

There are definite other problems that you can blame things on, but why do you insist on ignoring a constant problem with consistancy in his play? A quality qb in this league with great leadership can get more out of his players than someone like Romo. It is about chemistry and expectations other things leaders keep players accountable to.

Txbroadcaster
11-12-2012, 05:29 PM
I know you think this is not a winnable argument, but I am going to say because he doesn't lead well. Probably because he can't demand their respect.

I actually put most of the blame on JJ, but I don't think he is going anywhere anytime soon, so I wish for the next best thing. Cause he has tried all of the others.

There are definite other problems that you can blame things on, but why do you insist on ignoring a constant problem with consistancy in his play? A quality qb in this league with great leadership can get more out of his players than someone like Romo. It is about chemistry and expectations other things leaders keep players accountable to.

you keep talking about consitency

Romo in 5 seasons as a starter has finished with a QB rating that has been no lower than 8th( and only one year out of top 5..he is 3rd among active qbs)

that is the model of being consistent

buff4ever
11-12-2012, 05:34 PM
you keep talking about consitency

Romo in 5 seasons as a starter has finished with a QB rating that has been no lower than 8th( and only one year out of top 5..he is 3rd among active qbs)

that is the model of being consistent

He also consistantly aids single hadily in giving away big games or important games each year. We have expressed our case when it comes to qb rating, that there is no good way for them to factor in a few negative plays that are far worse than a rating over the course of a game. It also doesn't factor in team chemistry and leadership qualities, or lack there of.

Txbroadcaster
11-12-2012, 05:39 PM
He also consistantly aids single hadily in giving away big games or important games each year. We have expressed our case when it comes to qb rating, that there is no good way for them to factor in a few negative plays that are far worse than a rating over the course of a game. It also doesn't factor in team chemistry and leadership qualities, or lack there of.

what big game did he single handily give away...and you cant go back to a bad game and claim now it was a big game because romo was not good and they lost...what game that was big before it was played where Romo single handily lost it for Dallas

And you kinda make my point about the team...Eli can have a bad game but the Giants can still win...even Brady can have a bad game and the Pats still win...when is last time that Cowboys won a bad Romo game?

Macarthur
11-12-2012, 05:43 PM
There are definite other problems that you can blame things on, but why do you insist on ignoring a constant problem with consistancy in his play?

But he has been consistent over his career!!! You refuse to look at the actual stats. This is actually a good article. It's long but stick with it.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/tony-romo-choke-artist-or-not/8831/

Txbroadcaster
11-12-2012, 07:36 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000094114/article/tony-romo-sam-bradford-top-week-10s-key-throws?campaign=Twitter_writers_rosenthal

Dawgfan64
11-12-2012, 08:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yh1DyvTuDA&NR=1&feature=endscreen

What I think of when I think CHOKE

ogg
11-12-2012, 11:15 PM
DeMarco Murray may return for the Brown's game, possible to be cleared this week. That will be huge for Dallas, put Felix's butt back on the bench.

GrTigers6
11-12-2012, 11:22 PM
DeMarco Murray may return for the Brown's game, possible to be cleared this week. That will be huge for Dallas, put Felix's butt back on the bench.That would be nice. I will be there in person Sunday, Cant wait, Havent seen a live cowboy game since 1982. In Texas Stadium

ccmom
11-12-2012, 11:29 PM
That would be nice. I will be there in person Sunday, Cant wait, Havent seen a live cowboy game since 1982. In Texas Stadium

Awesome!!! Have fun!

GrTigers6
11-13-2012, 07:28 AM
Awesome!!! Have fun!

We will, Its our bday presents to each other, Thanks to stubhub, lol

Farmersfan
11-13-2012, 11:43 AM
Just because you change the play correctly doesnt make the play work. You still need 11 players executing to make any plays work. That has been the problem. Either someone ran the wrong route or held, or jumped offsides. or was overthrown. Its several factors and very little have to do with the QB's execution.
Yes he is the one who ties it all together, But he still needs 10 other players to make it successful

This is kind of a simplistic view of things but I also don't think anybody disagrees with this. The holding, wrong routes and dropped passes will kill a teams opportunity for success. But guess what? So will incomplete passes. There is ZERO difference in a ball dropped by Dez in the endzone and a ball thrown out of the back of the endzone by Romo when the receiver is open. Well there is ONE big difference. The latter happens far more often. Romo misses on 10X as many passes as are dropped by the receivers. We understand that is the nature of the game but that still doesn't excuse the misses. So now can you tell me how many holding penalties, dropped passes and wrong routes have occured this season? I can promise you they will equal to less than 10% of the incomplete passes by the QB. So that leaves a whole bunch of failures by the QB that you guys seem to simply disregard. Bottom line is, The QB has way, way, way more opportunites to impact a football game in the positive or the negative and therefore is held to a far higher standard and blame for the lack of success. Dez Bryant doesn't run the wrong route 60 times a game and the O-line doesn't hold 60 times a game............

GrTigers6
11-13-2012, 11:54 AM
This is kind of a simplistic view of things but I also don't think anybody disagrees with this. The holding, wrong routes and dropped passes will kill a teams opportunity for success. But guess what? So will incomplete passes. There is ZERO difference in a ball dropped by Dez in the endzone and a ball thrown out of the back of the endzone by Romo when the receiver is open. Well there is ONE big difference. The latter happens far more often. Romo misses on 10X as many passes as are dropped by the receivers. We understand that is the nature of the game but that still doesn't excuse the misses. So now can you tell me how many holding penalties, dropped passes and wrong routes have occured this season? I can promise you they will equal to less than 10% of the incomplete passes by the QB. So that leaves a whole bunch of failures by the QB that you guys seem to simply disregard. Bottom line is, The QB has way, way, way more opportunites to impact a football game in the positive or the negative and therefore is held to a far higher standard and blame for the lack of success. Dez Bryant doesn't run the wrong route 60 times a game and the O-line doesn't hold 60 times a game............I would really like to see that stat. Because a lot of Romos overthrows are just getting rid of the ball. Some are legit misses, but others are No where else to go

Macarthur
11-13-2012, 11:54 AM
This is kind of a simplistic view of things but I also don't think anybody disagrees with this. The holding, wrong routes and dropped passes will kill a teams opportunity for success. But guess what? So will incomplete passes. There is ZERO difference in a ball dropped by Dez in the endzone and a ball thrown out of the back of the endzone by Romo when the receiver is open. Well there is ONE big difference. The latter happens far more often. Romo misses on 10X as many passes as are dropped by the receivers. We understand that is the nature of the game but that still doesn't excuse the misses. So now can you tell me how many holding penalties, dropped passes and wrong routes have occured this season? I can promise you they will equal to less than 10% of the incomplete passes by the QB. So that leaves a whole bunch of failures by the QB that you guys seem to simply disregard. Bottom line is, The QB has way, way, way more opportunites to impact a football game in the positive or the negative and therefore is held to a far higher standard and blame for the lack of success. Dez Bryant doesn't run the wrong route 60 times a game and the O-line doesn't hold 60 times a game............

FF that is one of the most asinine things I have ever read on this board. YOu do realize that Romo is completing 67% of his passes this year? And you do realize that they still scored a TD on the play that he missed Hanna?

There is no comparison about which task is more difficult when talking about throwing an accuate pass 20+ yards and catching a pass. There is no comparison as to which one is more difficult. Therefore, it stands to reason that having more imcompletions is acceptable to drops. That is ridiculous.

BTW, Tony Romo is 6th all time in comp % with 64.8. ALL TIME.

Macarthur
11-13-2012, 11:55 AM
FF, have you ever played the QB position?

Farmersfan
11-13-2012, 04:24 PM
FF that is one of the most asinine things I have ever read on this board. YOu do realize that Romo is completing 67% of his passes this year? And you do realize that they still scored a TD on the play that he missed Hanna?

There is no comparison about which task is more difficult when talking about throwing an accuate pass 20+ yards and catching a pass. There is no comparison as to which one is more difficult. Therefore, it stands to reason that having more imcompletions is acceptable to drops. That is ridiculous.

BTW, Tony Romo is 6th all time in comp % with 64.8. ALL TIME.

Dude! You are out of your ever lovin' mind!!! There are high school kids at the 2A level that I watch every week that could complete 20 yard passes to wide open receivers all day long. But there are ZERO that could get open on a 20 yard route in the NFL against that caliber of defender. There are a million men on the face of this planet that can make the throws. there are 100 million men who could hand the ball off. Great QB play is almost entirely mental. This is why some of the most talented QBs to ever come out of college never make it in the NFL. They don't have the mental capabilities to make it. Isn't this what I'm talking about for Romo? I don't care if he completes 80% of his passes if those completions don't win them the game they are worthless. Of course all the other mistakes made by all the other players are just as hard to overcome. But they aren't near as plentiful as the one's Romo makes. A nationwide reputation does't simply appear overnight. Romo earned all the criticizm we hear about him constantly. Nobody simply woke up and decided to get a compaign together to make Romo look bad. So in my opinion it is support for Romo in the face of all this that is asinine!

And I have never played QB at the NFL ! And neither have you! And if you claim it is the same at all levels then it is you who is the moron!!

Farmersfan
11-13-2012, 04:29 PM
I would really like to see that stat. Because a lot of Romos overthrows are just getting rid of the ball. Some are legit misses, but others are No where else to go

Is a legit miss on a 10 yard route as harmful to the team's opportunity for success as a drop by Dez on a 3rd down? Truthfully?

GrTigers6
11-13-2012, 04:45 PM
Is a legit miss on a 10 yard route as harmful to the team's opportunity for success as a drop by Dez on a 3rd down? Truthfully?So many factors weigh into that statement. Is it 1st, 2nd,3rd down. Where is the ball, whats the score, what qtr is it?

But yes if its a 3rd down and he misses a open reciever i am just as angry as I would be if the reciever dropped it. but every QB misses recievers. or else they would have 100% completion ratios. The times a game that a qb touches the ball are 20-30 times higher than the most productive reciever so the ratio should be higher for the Reciever.
To you which is worse?
QB 30 passes. 2 overthrows.
Reciver 5 passes 2 drops
Yes it matters on everything I mentioned above but without that i would rather have the ratio of the qb there than the reciever

Farmersfan
11-13-2012, 04:56 PM
So many factors weigh into that statement. Is it 1st, 2nd,3rd down. Where is the ball, whats the score, what qtr is it?

But yes if its a 3rd down and he misses a open reciever i am just as angry as I would be if the reciever dropped it. but every QB misses recievers. or else they would have 100% completion ratios. The times a game that a qb touches the ball are 20-30 times higher than the most productive reciever so the ratio should be higher for the Reciever.
To you which is worse?
QB 30 passes. 2 overthrows.
Reciver 5 passes 2 drops
Yes it matters on everything I mentioned above but without that i would rather have the ratio of the qb there than the reciever

I think we agree on everything except for the logical ratios that you mentioned. Romo misses far more than just 2 out of 30. And what constitutes a bad pass? Just over throws? How about throws into coverage that the receiver has little to no chance of catching? How about the 2 or 3 throws a game out of bounds? And throws to a covered receiver when another receiver is wide open that he didn't see? We know it happens and it isn't always the QB's fault for many reasons. But it is still a mistake. A great QB will find that open receiver far more often than he will throw to a covered receiver. So now we are looking at probably closer to 6 or 8 mistakes by the QB in 30 pass attempts. Still ok with that? And in reality this is normal for a average QB but 2 drops by a receiver in one NFL ball game is very, very, very rare. They don't play ball very long if that happens very often. Dez has done it and got roasted for it. Romo always does it and you defend him! This has always been my point.

GrTigers6
11-13-2012, 05:00 PM
I think we agree on everything except for the logical ratios that you mentioned. Romo misses far more than just 2 out of 30. And what constitutes a bad pass? Just over throws? How about throws into coverage that the receiver has little to no chance of catching? How about the 2 or 3 throws a game out of bounds? And throws to a covered receiver when another receiver is wide open that he didn't see? We know it happens and it isn't always the QB's fault for many reasons. But it is still a mistake. A great QB will find that open receiver far more often than he will throw to a covered receiver. So now we are looking at probably closer to 6 or 8 mistakes by the QB in 30 pass attempts. Still ok with that? And in reality this is normal for a average QB but 2 drops by a receiver in one NFL ball game is very, very, very rare. They don't play ball very long if that happens very often. Dez has done it and got roasted for it. Romo always does it and you defend him! This has always been my point.Not for this core of recievers though. Between the three recievers they have at least one each if not 2 per game
And I meant to say 5 overthrows and 2 drops. Typed too fast lol

ogg
11-13-2012, 06:05 PM
That would be nice. I will be there in person Sunday, Cant wait, Havent seen a live cowboy game since 1982. In Texas Stadium

If Murray plays it'll probably be limited Tiger6, that's the word I hear. Sorry man.

Browns are a terrible organization, the boys should roll.

Macarthur
11-13-2012, 08:10 PM
I think we agree on everything except for the logical ratios that you mentioned. Romo misses far more than just 2 out of 30. And what constitutes a bad pass? Just over throws? How about throws into coverage that the receiver has little to no chance of catching? How about the 2 or 3 throws a game out of bounds? And throws to a covered receiver when another receiver is wide open that he didn't see? We know it happens and it isn't always the QB's fault for many reasons. But it is still a mistake. A great QB will find that open receiver far more often than he will throw to a covered receiver. So now we are looking at probably closer to 6 or 8 mistakes by the QB in 30 pass attempts. Still ok with that? And in reality this is normal for a average QB but 2 drops by a receiver in one NFL ball game is very, very, very rare. They don't play ball very long if that happens very often. Dez has done it and got roasted for it. Romo always does it and you defend him! This has always been my point.

I've said this time and time again and keep getting dragged into this. Your logic is completely backwards on this.

You are flat out wrong. I'm done.

OldBison75
11-13-2012, 09:29 PM
I am going to say only this--

Any NFL QB that completes 2/3 of the passes he throws is considered to be very accurate. In Romo's case, he completes that many on average, has at least two or three drops each game, and has two or three passes intentionally thrown to avoid sacks or losses by throwing OB or far out of reach. That means that if he attempts 30 passes, 20 are completions, 3 are dropped, three are intentional incompletions, and that only leaves 4 passes that are really considered bad. These four would include the great defensive plays and poorly thrown passes.

We consider a BB player a hero if he hit 50% of his shots. We consider a hitter in baseball a star if he is successful over 30% of the time.

Why do we hold the pro quarterback to such a high standard? We don't as a rule, but for some reason, Cowboy fans, or haters, seem to believe that because a QB wears the silver and blue of the Cowboys they should never be human and miss a pass, blow a read, or make even a single mistake. Romo is a human being, not a God. However, he is a top notch NFL QB that has never been surround with the level of talent to produce the results desired of a rabid fan base. If we judge a QB only on the wins and losses, there have been some Hall of Fame QB's that had only a few good years.

Farmersfan
11-14-2012, 09:42 AM
I've said this time and time again and keep getting dragged into this. Your logic is completely backwards on this.

You are flat out wrong. I'm done.

No! I'm not wrong. The difference is the miss reads, mis-throws and wrong decisions (mistakes) have been built into the QB position and people have grown to just think of them as part of the game. It is impossible for a QB to be perfect and the closer to 100% they get the better we assume they are. But the REALITY of this is that the QB is still making far more mistakes than any other player on the field. By a long shot. You chose to accept it and not recognize it as a mistake. I don't! Again, A overthrown pass to Miles Austin on a 3rd and 5 play is equally harmful to the team as a perfect pass that Dez drops! That is a fact. So every single time you guys want to blame Dez for a loss because he dropped an important pass ( and rightfully so) you seem to forget that Romo (or any QB) also had at least 3 times as many potential winning plays that weren't executed properly in every game. That is all I have ever said. No player on the football team is more important than the QB. That position makes MILLIONS of dollars for the positive things he can do so I apply the vast majority of the blame for a loss. Example: Romo had a fairly good game against the Eagles. If that game was lost by the Cowboys you guys would be assigning the blame to someone on the team that dropped a pass, fumbled the ball or missed a long FG. Or the O-line for not blocking well enough. Yet you don't acknowledge the fact that Romo (although overall had a good game) missed on at least 6 or 8 passes that could have been the difference in the game. And he completed like 20 passes that could have changed the game completely IF he had thrown that pass in a slightly different spot or even to a different receiver. It's the nature of the position. Every single player on a football team only has 1 option on any given play. Receivers run their routes and catch the ball if it's thrown to them. Running backs take the hand off and runs! O-linemen block the guys accross from them or blocks the scheme that is called. The QB, on the other hand, has probably 4 or 5 different options on every single play. (60 times a game). He has 3 or 4 receivers in a route, a running back to hand off to or he can tuck the ball and run himself. The option he chooses determines success or failure for that play......... so before execution ever comes into consideration on any play there has been a decision made by the QB. These are generalities and not every single play and not specifically Romo only. This applies to all QBs. I don't think anyone believes that the physical skills of Tom Brady, Aaron Rogers or Drew Brees is that much better than most other QBs in the league. It's the combination of decision making and execution that separates them from the pack..............

Farmersfan
11-14-2012, 10:20 AM
I am going to say only this--

Any NFL QB that completes 2/3 of the passes he throws is considered to be very accurate. In Romo's case, he completes that many on average, has at least two or three drops each game, and has two or three passes intentionally thrown to avoid sacks or losses by throwing OB or far out of reach. That means that if he attempts 30 passes, 20 are completions, 3 are dropped, three are intentional incompletions, and that only leaves 4 passes that are really considered bad. These four would include the great defensive plays and poorly thrown passes.

We consider a BB player a hero if he hit 50% of his shots. We consider a hitter in baseball a star if he is successful over 30% of the time.

Why do we hold the pro quarterback to such a high standard? We don't as a rule, but for some reason, Cowboy fans, or haters, seem to believe that because a QB wears the silver and blue of the Cowboys they should never be human and miss a pass, blow a read, or make even a single mistake. Romo is a human being, not a God. However, he is a top notch NFL QB that has never been surround with the level of talent to produce the results desired of a rabid fan base. If we judge a QB only on the wins and losses, there have been some Hall of Fame QB's that had only a few good years.

Really? Many knowledgeable people have said that even this season the Cowboys are talented enough to compete for a Superbowl. And this season is probably the LEAST talented team Romo has played on. They were 1 play away from defeating what many consider the best team in the NFL in the Falcons. They were 1 play away from beating the Ravens who are ranked by many as a top 3 or 4 team in the NFL. And all this was done with many, many injuries to key people. Don't confuse talent with execution and attitude..
And even the great 90's Superbowl teams never put 11 players (NFL record BTW) in the Pro Bowl like the Cowboys did after that 13-3 season in 08'. I have lived through about 50 years of Dallas Cowboy football and NONE of the past QBs for this team ever generated the kind of animosity that Romo has generated. Rationalize it away all you want but it is a fact. Danny White is ridiculed for never having won a title but nobody ever said he wasn't a good QB. Hell, even Quincy Carter with all his off the field crap didn't create as much fan despair as Romo does. So I know a lot of you Romo supporters think you know more than the rest of the world but at least give us our due. You can disagree with our opinion until the cows come home but don't try to act like we don't have reason to feel like we do............ I think I speak for all the Romo haters in the world when I say I wish I would be proven wrong. Problem is I am constantly being proven correct by Tony Romo! And BTW, This season Tony Romo is ranked somewhere in the #25 range in the NFL in passer rating. This is a measure of ALL QB measurables...................

Macarthur
11-14-2012, 10:24 AM
Again, A overthrown pass to Miles Austin on a 3rd and 5 play is equally harmful to the team as a perfect pass that Dez drops! That is a fact. So every single time you guys want to blame Dez for a loss because he dropped an important pass ( and rightfully so) you seem to forget that Romo (or any QB) also had at least 3 times as many potential winning plays that weren't executed properly in every game. That is all I have ever said. No player on the football team is more important than the QB. That position makes MILLIONS of dollars for the positive things he can do so I apply the vast majority of the blame for a loss.

I don't think anyone disagrees with this point. And I think you''re making strawmen. I don't think anyone blames a Dez drop by itself. Everything is a culmination of factors.

Example: Romo had a fairly good game against the Eagles. If that game was lost by the Cowboys you guys would be assigning the blame to someone on the team that dropped a pass, fumbled the ball or missed a long FG. Or the O-line for not blocking well enough. Yet you don't acknowledge the fact that Romo (although overall had a good game) missed on at least 6 or 8 passes that could have been the difference in the game. And he completed like 20 passes that could have changed the game completely IF he had thrown that pass in a slightly different spot or even to a different receiver. It's the nature of the position.

Romo had 7 incolmpletions in the Eagles game. There is no way for you to know, unless there was an obviously blatant miss, that those 7 incompletions would have changed the game dramatically unless you have coaches film. There is no way for us fans to know this with the way the game is presented on TV. Unless, as I said, it is something really really aggregious. Also, there is not way for you to know if a completed pass could have been better had he thrown it to a different spot. Again, unless it's very obvious, which was not the case with any throw Sunday.

And your position assumes that an incompletion is a bad thing. Sometimes incompletions are good things. Sometimes everyone is covered and throwing the ball away is a good thing.

And the biggest issue that you fail to acknowledge is that you refuse to hold Romo to the same standard as other QBs. Hey, here's some insight for you. EVERY NFL QB THROWS INCOMPLETIONS!!!

If you are going to make the argument that Romo was inaccurate and his innaccuarcy and/or incompletions cost his team dearly, the burden of proof is on you given that he had a 70% completion percentage. PROVE to me Romo is innaccuarte. Present the plays and present the plays that he makes poor decisions. I think it is reasonable to expect that when a guy had a good game, by all reasonable league metrics, the burden of proof has to be on the one claiming he didn't do well.

I really believe you are being obtuse on this issue.

Macarthur
11-14-2012, 10:33 AM
Problem is I am constantly being proven correct by Tony Romo! And BTW, This season Tony Romo is ranked somewhere in the #25 range in the NFL in passer rating. This is a measure of ALL QB measurables...................

Actually, he is tied for 20th, but he's had two really bad INT games that have skewed those numbers. The guy has a career 96 rating so which is the anomoly? In fact, if you take out his two bad games, his rating this year 100.5.

Now I know you can't do that and those games count, but it's also VERY disinginuous of you to use a QB rating that is 10 points below his career number to prove your very flimsy premise.

coach
11-14-2012, 10:41 AM
Dude has 7 incompletions and this tard is saying he had 20 passes that he miss threw and would have blown them out if he had thrown them better..... I bet you thought that td pass to dez was a miss throw. unbelievable...

buff4ever
11-14-2012, 11:03 AM
Dude has 7 incompletions and this tard is saying he had 20 passes that he miss threw and would have blown them out if he had thrown them better..... I bet you thought that td pass to dez was a miss throw. unbelievable...

The tart comment is very offensive. Is that necessary?

ROMO SUCKS. Speaking of a tard!

coach
11-14-2012, 01:52 PM
The tart comment is very offensive. Is that necessary?

ROMO SUCKS. Speaking of a tard!

Cry me a river.

Farmersfan
11-14-2012, 04:12 PM
Actually, he is tied for 20th, but he's had two really bad INT games that have skewed those numbers. The guy has a career 96 rating so which is the anomoly? In fact, if you take out his two bad games, his rating this year 100.5.

Now I know you can't do that and those games count, but it's also VERY disinginuous of you to use a QB rating that is 10 points below his career number to prove your very flimsy premise.

You accuse me of making strawmen when it is you who is taking everything I say out of context. I specifically said "THIS SEASON" when I posted his QB rating. And I never once said Romo was not accurate! I said he overthrows or mis-throws far more passes than the receivers drop. Not just Romo but pretty much every single QB to every play the game. But that doesn't change the fact they are overthrows or mis--throws. And I have also said for several years now that the major issue with Romo is the intangibles. You don't hold the same opinion about his intangibles as I do (and a lot of other people do) so you interprete the stats a certain way. We all know this. This discussion has gone on forever and nobody ever makes a new point. The bottom line point I was making is that Dez drops a very important pass in the endzone and EVERYBODY roasts him and calls him out. Romo overthrows a wide open receiver in the endzone and it's only us "Haters" that hold him accountable for it. For every single holding call, dropped pass, sack, defensive penalty that harms the team's chances of winning a game the QB will have a ill-advised throw, a failure to stand tall in the pocket instead of bailing out too early or a throw to a somewhat covered receiver when another receiver is far more open. (or hundreds of other possibilities). This is the nature of the game. I see it as the QB making far, far more mistakes than anyone else on any team. You, on the other hand, have decided the QB missing open receivers is a part of the game while receivers dropping passes or D-backs getting called for holding isn't a part of the game. You are the one who doesn't judge fairly!

Farmersfan
11-14-2012, 04:16 PM

I thought we agreed that since you aren't capable of thinking any deeper than a kittie litter box you would keep your trap shut???? Don't make me call your mom again and have your rubber ducky bath time priviledges revoked again!!!!

Bullaholic
11-14-2012, 04:31 PM
You boys need some new material...:D

Romo & Garrett for Turner & Rivers---you up for that, Farmer?

Other even swaps?

Farmersfan
11-15-2012, 09:14 AM
You boys need some new material...:D

Romo & Garrett for Turner & Rivers---you up for that, Farmer?

Other even swaps?

No way! After that stupid interception Rivers threw on his sprint out play late in Sunday's game I would swear he is on the take!!!! Somebody had a huge stake in the over/under of that game.......... Even caused Norv to go off on some reporters! :eek:

Farmersfan
11-15-2012, 09:16 AM
I thought we agreed that since you aren't capable of thinking any deeper than a kittie litter box you would keep your trap shut???? Don't make me call your mom again and have your rubber ducky bath time priviledges revoked again!!!!

Cat got your tongue Coach? Or are you still trying to look up the definition of "Revoked"? :taunt: