PDA

View Full Version : Basketball scrimmage

Anyone get a chance to watch the scrimmage? AW, VILLE, A COOPER, L COOPER.

Heard Ville won every game with half the team missing. Said they kept around a 12 point lead throughout and played subs last few mintues to make it closer than it was? AW I was told was next best there.
Ville and Wylie should be a good match up all year long. AW is a good program for sure. Ville will be a force in 3A.

VWG
11-11-2012, 01:14 PM

Heard Ville won every game with half the team missing. Said they kept around a 12 point lead throughout and played subs last few mintues to make it closer than it was? AW I was told was next best there.
Ville and Wylie should be a good match up all year long. AW is a good program for sure. Ville will be a force in 3A.

:crazy1:
Thump - Thump scrimmage. Really?

:crazy1:
Thump - Thump scrimmage. Really?

Scrimmage may refer to:
An exhibition game, an informal sports contest or practice match which does not go on the regular season record

regaleagle
11-11-2012, 01:37 PM
Scrimmage may refer to:
An exhibition game, an informal sports contest or practice match which does not go on the regular season record

Scrimmage may also refer to what is necessary for coaches to get their teams ready for the regular season to be competitive with the better teams.

Coondog
11-12-2012, 10:04 AM
they are already back tracking from all that we will show you how good we are in basketball starting this weekend stuff. like i said before AW will have a better chance in football to beat us than in basketball.

ccmom
11-12-2012, 10:09 AM
Where and when were the scrimmages played?

Coondog
11-12-2012, 10:13 AM
this past weekend in Abilene.

ccmom
11-12-2012, 10:22 AM
this past weekend in Abilene.

What time?

What time?

Didn't get to watch the games because of my wife being sick. But I think it started at 10AM. They didnt get back until 4 or 5 to Stephenville. I think they watched the JV play after they were done. So sounds like it was about 10-2 for varsity.

ccmom
11-12-2012, 10:35 AM
Didn't get to watch the games because of my wife being sick. But I think it started at 10AM. They didnt get back until 4 or 5 to Stephenville. I think they watched the JV play after they were done. So sounds like it was about 10-2 for varsity.

Ok, I was just curious because I know there were Wylie basketball players in Snyder for the volleyball game at 3 on Saturday. At least one of them plays football so he wouldn't have been playing in the scrimmage anyway, but I was just curious.

I do hope your wife is improving. She is on our prayer list.

franz
11-12-2012, 12:38 PM

Stephenville played well and moved the ball extremely well and made alot of 3's, would like to know the percentage. Impressed with #1 for sure. #41 and #31 played very physical, but #31 will foul out early in a normal game. Malik has gotten better. Wylie played all 12 players throughout both quarters like you do in a scrimmage. But to insinuate that beating Wylie by 4 in a one half scrimmage, and making excuses why it wasn't more is rediculous. If Stephenville shoots the 3 like they did Saturday morning, they can play with anybody. Even Wylie.

Cam
11-12-2012, 01:15 PM

Dang!....a force in basketball too?..NO WAY!.....this just ain't fair!....Just what exactly did them UFO aliens do to ya'lls water supply?.....

refereedoc
11-12-2012, 02:57 PM
It is the waste water from the dairies getting in the water shed. It makes them tougher than ...... :)

Stephenville played well and moved the ball extremely well and made alot of 3's, would like to know the percentage. Impressed with #1 for sure. #41 and #31 played very physical, but #31 will foul out early in a normal game. Malik has gotten better. Wylie played all 12 players throughout both quarters like you do in a scrimmage. But to insinuate that beating Wylie by 4 in a one half scrimmage, and making excuses why it wasn't more is rediculous. If Stephenville shoots the 3 like they did Saturday morning, they can play with anybody. Even Wylie.

They will only get better and Wylie from what I understand had most all the team less a few football kids who aren't big impact players. I'm not asking for or making excuses just like hearing opinions being I was not there. Stephenville is just happy to finally have a team to compete at a high level in more than football.

franz
11-13-2012, 10:54 AM
They will only get better and Wylie from what I understand had most all the team less a few football kids who aren't big impact players. I'm not asking for or making excuses just like hearing opinions being I was not there. Stephenville is just happy to finally have a team to compete at a high level in more than football.

Your right Stephenville will improve and Wylie will be so-so. The three seniors that will come to basketball December 15th did not see the floor last year and won't amount to anything. You nailed it!

nobogey72
11-14-2012, 09:49 AM
Wow I just saw in the paper where Abilene High beat Stephenville last night. Granted, AHS is a 5A but they haven't as much as made the playoffs in decades in basketball. Maybe Stephenville is one of those teams that plays good in scrimmages but not in real games.

I was there. We had 2 starters post with 4 total points. No bench and foul trouble killed them. We basically had 5 players and no bench at all. There is one player who can play a few minutes and not just kill you. Anytime we get in foul trouble we will not win. Once football is over that is a new deal. We should have beat that team but we didn't and didn't surprise me at all. When I say we have no bench we have no bench. SON OF A BENCH.

What paper did you see?

nobogey72
11-14-2012, 10:51 AM
I was there. We had 2 starters post with 4 total points. No bench and foul trouble killed them. We basically had 5 players and no bench at all. There is one player who can play a few minutes and not just kill you. Anytime we get in foul trouble we will not win. Once football is over that is a new deal. We should have beat that team but we didn't and didn't surprise me at all. When I say we have no bench we have no bench. SON OF A BENCH.

What paper did you see?

Abilene Reporter News. And, BTW I was just jackin' with coondog

franz
11-14-2012, 04:31 PM
Let me guess, #31 and #41 fouled out

Let me guess, #31 and #41 fouled out

You got it. Had 4 points together. Malik had 9
#1 Abner 11 and #23 had 15
bench had 7. Pretty bad night.

You got it. Had 4 points together. Malik had 9
#1 Abner 11 and #23 had 15
bench had 7. Pretty bad night.

Side note: once 41 brother Jarrett
Stidham (10th) is out of football. And we have our JV core group we will be golden but no bench is gonna kill us. #23 just got out of football because of lack of playing time and was back up to #88 and played JV all year. He was leading scorer With the JV group from last year and should get rolling soon.

mwrams
11-14-2012, 05:56 PM
WHAT!!? Did the greatest team to hit the court since slice bread get beat by Abilene High? Oh my..this just cannot be true. The refs must have made some bad calls or something no way did this happen. Although we have beat Abilene High for several years at the chicken express tournament in Mineral Wells. Just goes to show that anyone can be beat at anytime....Oh, yea we defeated Eastern Hills on Tuesday...

WHAT!!? Did the greatest team to hit the court since slice bread get beat by Abilene High? Oh my..this just cannot be true. The refs must have made some bad calls or something no way did this happen. Although we have beat Abilene High for several years at the chicken express tournament in Mineral Wells. Just goes to show that anyone can be beat at anytime....Oh, yea we defeated Eastern Hills on Tuesday...

Please don't take this wrong I have friends from Mineral Wells and Ricky and my son are friends. Stephenville is way way way better and it's not even close. Can we beat them with half of our team? Don't look like we can beat anyone with 5 players. I'm not going to come on here saying how great we are until we win the football championship. I'm guessing Mineral Wells has a full team and not playing football but I don't know that for sure. Good luck to you in Mineral Wells.

Coondog
11-15-2012, 10:38 AM
not sure what wrrams is talking about here. the team that we have been talking about is still playing football. i watched the game and the only kid that played well was the kid that just got out of football #23 lead the team in scoring and has only been in basketball for 3 days. side note what the rest of those kids have been doing for 4 months is beyond me. the two sophs that were on varsity the starting post and starting point guard are ALL PLAYING FOOTBALL.that is 4 out of the 5 starters. no one is talking about the team that is on the court right now is the greatest or going to beat anyone. question for ram have you ever seen this group of jrs play MW? go back and ckeck the scores from last two years and get back to me.