PDA

View Full Version : Bi District: China Spring Cougars vs #1 Navasota Rattlers

HEMOTOXIC
11-11-2012, 12:41 AM
Ok, I will be honest, I don't know much about the Cougars except that their best back is out for the year. This game, I believe, will be the first matchup between Navasota and China Spring on the football field.

China Spring vs Navasota
7pm, Bryan High's Merrill Green Stadium on Thursday

Navasota should have a large croud considering B/CS is less than 20 minutes away.

What's the story on China Spring?

CHINA SPRING (6-4)

China Spring 69 Mexia 20
Glen Rose 35 China Spring 28
China Spring 42 Salado 7
Alvarado 28 China Spring 14
China Spring 56 Lampasas 14
La Vega 28 China Spring 14
China Spring 63 West 20
China Spring 35 Connally 21
China Spring 36 Robinson 35
Lorena 52 China Spring 35

NAVASOTA RATTLERS (10-0)

Navasota 42 Willis 0
Navasota 36 Coldspring 8
Navasota 49 Houston Sterling 6
Navasota 45 Lexington 13
Navasota 41 Fairfield 7
Navasota 57 Austin McCallum 8
Navasota 38 Madisonville 0
Navasota 43 Rockale 0
Navasota 58 Caldwell 0
Navasota 52 Taylor 0

Saggy Aggie
11-11-2012, 01:08 AM
Navasota by 3 TDs. Way too much for CS to handle.

I'll prolly be at this game

defense51
11-11-2012, 01:10 AM
Navasota by 3 TDs. Way too much for CS to handle.

I'll prolly be at this game

I'm gonna have to agree with Saggy on this one. Navasota rolls

HEMOTOXIC
11-11-2012, 01:17 AM
Maybe CS is suffering from more injuries than just the RB... Just looking at the scores from the Alvarado and Glen Rose games and for them to even make it out of that very competitive district of theirs, Navasota shouldn't take the Cougars lightly.

zebrablue2
11-11-2012, 07:40 AM
Snakes roll!!!

hollywood
11-11-2012, 08:49 AM
CS will make a showing but Sota has way too many weapons!

FB-fanatic
11-11-2012, 09:03 AM
In a tight district, we had to beat them to advance. We went up 52-7 by the fourth quarter, before going to our subs, and cruised to a win. The areas 3rd leading rusher was injured in the Connally game. He had orthoscopic surgery to do some minor clean-out on his knee. He was in a wheelchair at the Robinson game, but on the sidelines without crutches at our game. Word was that he "could" play next week, but not likely for another couple of weeks. Probably not soon enough. Their QB moved in 2 years ago from Clifton and is average. Not much of a run threat. Nice sized linebackers. RB Miller has good size. Got the 7 on a cutback move across the middle. Has good speed but more of a downhill runner. No love loss between our two teams. They were determined to try and intimidate us during pregame warmup. Comes from a head coach who is known in the area as a "bully". They came to our field and piped in there own warmup music with huge speakers. Entered the field at the 50, jogging across the full length of the field. O-line and D-line is average in size. Should be no problem.

Rabid Cougar
11-11-2012, 10:57 AM
In a tight district, we had to beat them to advance. We went up 52-7 by the fourth quarter, before going to our subs, and cruised to a win. The areas 3rd leading rusher was injured in the Connally game. He had orthoscopic surgery to do some minor clean-out on his knee. He was in a wheelchair at the Robinson game, but on the sidelines without crutches at our game. Word was that he "could" play next week, but not likely for another couple of weeks. Probably not soon enough. Their QB moved in 2 years ago from Clifton and is average. Not much of a run threat. Nice sized linebackers. RB Miller has good size. Got the 7 on a cutback move across the middle. Has good speed but more of a downhill runner. No love loss between our two teams. They were determined to try and intimidate us during pregame warmup. Comes from a head coach who is known in the area as a "bully". They came to our field and piped in there own warmup music with huge speakers. Entered the field at the 50, jogging across the full length of the field. O-line and D-line is average in size. Should be no problem.

What are you talking about? Intimidating? You are little high on yourself. The speakers have been to every game since the team bought them. No differnt than a multitude of othr schools that do it. The music mix was way better than whatever ya'll were playing. What was it? "Facing the Giants"? Good grief. And how is Mark Bell a "bully"? Does he steal your lunch money?

You just couldn't come on here and say that Lorena was playing for their playoff life and came out and played like it. You had to haul out this other crap. Yea. there is little love lost.

HEMOTOXIC
11-11-2012, 11:02 AM

Thanks for the insight.

Rabid Cougar
11-11-2012, 11:03 AM
Ok, I will be honest, I don't know much about the Cougars except that their best back is out for the year. This game, I believe, will be the first matchup between Navasota and China Spring on the football field.

China Spring vs Navasota
7pm, Bryan High's Merrill Green Stadium on Thursday

Navasota should have a large croud considering B/CS is less than 20 minutes away.

What's the story on China Spring?

CHINA SPRING (6-4)

China Spring 69 Mexia 20
Glen Rose 35 China Spring 28
China Spring 42 Salado 7
Alvarado 28 China Spring 14
China Spring 56 Lampasas 14
La Vega 28 China Spring 14
China Spring 63 West 20
China Spring 35 Connally 21
China Spring 36 Robinson 35
Lorena 52 China Spring 35

NAVASOTA RATTLERS (10-0)

Navasota 42 Willis 0
Navasota 36 Coldspring 8
Navasota 49 Houston Sterling 6
Navasota 45 Lexington 13
Navasota 41 Fairfield 7
Navasota 57 Austin McCallum 8
Navasota 38 Madisonville 0
Navasota 43 Rockale 0
Navasota 58 Caldwell 0
Navasota 52 Taylor 0

The coaches know each other pretty well though.

HEMOTOXIC
11-11-2012, 01:40 PM
Info from the Waco Tribune
http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/highschools/178533531.html

The matchup: China Spring vs. No. 1 Navasota

Quick thoughts: This is the matchup everyone in 17-3A wanted to avoid.

But after missing the postseason for the past two seasons, I’m sure the Cougars would prefer having the opportunity to shock the state to sitting at home watching the playoffs from the sidelines.

Navasota is good — really good.

Like not having allowed a point in its last four district games, more than 13 in any game and only 43 for the season good.

Like throwing for about 300 yards per game and rushing for another 150 and not having scored less than 36 points in any game good.

The Cougars are obvious underdogs, so they should come in and play free and loose. After all, there’s nothing to lose.

The prediction: The steal a line from Rocky III, “Prediction? Pain.” China Spring will give it a go, but it’ll have to play a perfect game to have a chance.

Whether any 17-3A team can make a deep playoff run is still to be determined, but La Vega has the sheer talent and Lorena the doesn’t-beat-itself thing and underrated personnel.

Either one of those traits can take a team a long way. We’ll see how it plays out.

bp80884
11-11-2012, 02:11 PM

Come on, get real. We did nothing different than we did in every other game including home games. I did hear that a few Lorena people whined a little about the China Spring flags on the visitor stands. As many people as we had compared to the home team they are lucky we did not take up the half of the home side that was empty.

Lorena had a great individual effort and did not play many subs in the 4th. QB played every offenvise snap except when he lost his helmet and he was their one trick pony.

Either way, regardless of what you or anyone else thinks of the coach, I know where the boy's heads were and we just did not execute. As you know I follow Lorena and they are one of my favorite teams. But the last one trick ponies to win a SC with a predominant run and the outlet pass here or there is Celina and Liberty Hill, and Lorena is no Celina or Liberty Hill.

I wish Lorena luck and I won't a cheap shot like that.

Rabid Cougar
11-11-2012, 03:16 PM
Info from the Waco Tribune
http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/highschools/178533531.html

The matchup: China Spring vs. No. 1 Navasota

Quick thoughts: This is the matchup everyone in 17-3A wanted to avoid.

But after missing the postseason for the past two seasons, I’m sure the Cougars would prefer having the opportunity to shock the state to sitting at home watching the playoffs from the sidelines.

Navasota is good — really good.

Like not having allowed a point in its last four district games, more than 13 in any game and only 43 for the season good.

Like throwing for about 300 yards per game and rushing for another 150 and not having scored less than 36 points in any game good.

The Cougars are obvious underdogs, so they should come in and play free and loose. After all, there’s nothing to lose.

The prediction: The steal a line from Rocky III, “Prediction? Pain.” China Spring will give it a go, but it’ll have to play a perfect game to have a chance.

Whether any 17-3A team can make a deep playoff run is still to be determined, but La Vega has the sheer talent and Lorena the doesn’t-beat-itself thing and underrated personnel.

Either one of those traits can take a team a long way. We’ll see how it plays out.

It is what it is. He is the same guy who predicted Robinson No.2 in District 17.

He made no comments about Navasota's district schedule. It can hardly be compared to District 17.

HEMOTOXIC
11-11-2012, 03:35 PM
It is what it is. He is the same guy who predicted Robinson No.2 in District 17.

He made no comments about Navasota's district schedule. It can hardly be compared to District 17.

Navasota's district doesn't have any indication of how good Navasota is. As you can see, the domination happened all year long.

Good Luck, you will need it.

Rabid Cougar
11-11-2012, 04:52 PM
Navasota's district doesn't have any indication of how good Navasota is. As you can see, the domination happened all year long.

Good Luck, you will need it.

I ain't scared.

Nav wins it all just getting by Glen Rose.

HEMOTOXIC
11-11-2012, 04:58 PM
I ain't scared.

:2thumbsup

1971Coogs
11-11-2012, 08:40 PM
this game is equivalent to Navasota getting a bye in the first round (IMO)

1st and goal
11-11-2012, 08:57 PM
Not that it matters 1 bit, but little 'ole 2A Lexington scored more than anyone else against the big N. Still wondering if that game got penciled into a preseason schedule at the last minute? I've seen the picture of the Lexington Eagles in the local newspaper, all 25 or so of them. (maybe more but I'm just trying to say they must play with heart and all they got).

I think the Rattlers roll by 2 scores or more.

HEMOTOXIC
11-11-2012, 11:08 PM
Not that it matters 1 bit, but little 'ole 2A Lexington scored more than anyone else against the big N. Still wondering if that game got penciled into a preseason schedule at the last minute? I've seen the picture of the Lexington Eagles in the local newspaper, all 25 or so of them. (maybe more but I'm just trying to say they must play with heart and all they got).

I think the Rattlers roll by 2 scores or more.

Their last touchdown came with a minute to go in the game. But, you are correct.

Lexington is a legit team.. No different than Gilmer playing Daingerfield, West Columbia playing Hempstead or Melissa being on Celina's schedule last reallignment.

HEMOTOXIC
11-12-2012, 03:36 PM
ttt.

navscanmaster
11-13-2012, 07:34 AM
Go Rattlers!

IndianQbdad
11-14-2012, 12:15 AM
Maybe CS is suffering from more injuries than just the RB... Just looking at the scores from the Alvarado and Glen Rose games and for them to even make it out of that very competitive district of theirs, Navasota shouldn't take the Cougars lightly.

Agreed....I never realized this but navasota has a very impressive record. Had 5 complete shutouts and the point totals.... Geez
They have my attention! Good luck to everyone in the playoffs.
Navasota- 56
China springs- 21 late score on backups

defense51
11-14-2012, 01:10 AM
ttt.

Ok I'm gonna show my ignorance, but what is ttt?

HEMOTOXIC
11-14-2012, 08:29 AM
Ok I'm gonna show my ignorance, but what is ttt?

I thought that it meant, to the top..... A way of getting the thread back to the top of the main page.

HEMOTOXIC
11-15-2012, 07:57 AM
http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/highschools/179417541.html

China Spring (6-4) vs. #1 Navasota (10-0)

Time/place: 7 p.m. at Bryan High School

Last week: China Spring lost to Lorena, 52-35; Navasota defeated Taylor, 52-0

Breakdown: China Spring coach Mark Bell makes no bones about the challenge his team faces tonight, but he’s not conceding defeat.

“Our kids are excited about the opportunity,” Bell said. “It’s a great challenge. In tournament play, you have to beat somebody, whether it’s now or in the third round. We’re going to play hard and see what happens.”

Navasota has given up 43 points all season, including none in four district games. The last time the Rattlers were scored upon was Oct. 5 in a 57-9 win over Austin McCallum. Offensively, they’ve averaged more points (46.1) per game than they surrendered all year.

Kadarius Baker makes the passing game go, as he’s thrown for 2,946 yards and 37 touchdowns with only four interceptions. Only three receivers have caught more than 10 passes, but two of them — Solomon McGinty and Austin Collins have eclipsed the 1,000-yard mark. Xavier Cheeks is Navasota’s leading rusher with 529 yards.

“You don’t counteract” speed like Navasota has, Bell said. “You have to take good angles, play hard and anticipate well, and you have to make some plays. They have a quarterback that can throw it and great receivers. They don’t have any weaknesses.”

China Spring will likely rely heavily on Rashaad Miller, who rushed for 129 yards last week in place of the Cougars’ injured workhorse Hunter Hancock, to move the ball and control the clock.

— Orts

Rabid Cougar
11-15-2012, 10:54 AM
http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/highschools/179417541.html

China Spring (6-4) vs. #1 Navasota (10-0)

Time/place: 7 p.m. at Bryan High School

Last week: China Spring lost to Lorena, 52-35; Navasota defeated Taylor, 52-0

Breakdown: China Spring coach Mark Bell makes no bones about the challenge his team faces tonight, but he’s not conceding defeat.

“Our kids are excited about the opportunity,” Bell said. “It’s a great challenge. In tournament play, you have to beat somebody, whether it’s now or in the third round. We’re going to play hard and see what happens.”

Navasota has given up 43 points all season, including none in four district games. The last time the Rattlers were scored upon was Oct. 5 in a 57-9 win over Austin McCallum. Offensively, they’ve averaged more points (46.1) per game than they surrendered all year.

Kadarius Baker makes the passing game go, as he’s thrown for 2,946 yards and 37 touchdowns with only four interceptions. Only three receivers have caught more than 10 passes, but two of them — Solomon McGinty and Austin Collins have eclipsed the 1,000-yard mark. Xavier Cheeks is Navasota’s leading rusher with 529 yards.

“You don’t counteract” speed like Navasota has, Bell said. “You have to take good angles, play hard and anticipate well, and you have to make some plays. They have a quarterback that can throw it and great receivers. They don’t have any weaknesses.”

China Spring will likely rely heavily on Rashaad Miller, who rushed for 129 yards last week in place of the Cougars’ injured workhorse Hunter Hancock, to move the ball and control the clock.

— Orts

Sounds about right.