PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood vs Glen Rose BiDistrict Playoff -Rematch

GrTigers6
11-10-2012, 11:12 PM
Glen Rose is much improved from last years team, Lots of confidence and a different killer instinct to close ut games that I havent seen from a team here since we moved here in 2001.
Brownwood, has been up and down all year, but are known to get on a roll and be tough to stop!
Should be an interesting matchup!

My gut tells me
Glen Rose 42
Brownwood 18

It could be closer or GR could pull away. Depends on turnover ratios and ball control, If GR takes care of their opportunities like they did against Alvarado then they should win pulling away. If they dont then brownwood could sneak up on them

What are your thoughts?

83Indian
11-10-2012, 11:29 PM
Glen Rose 49
Brownwood 14

Glen Rose is that good.

83Indian
11-10-2012, 11:29 PM
Glen Rose 49
Brownwood 14

Glen Rose is that good.

defense51
11-11-2012, 01:31 AM
Glen Rose by 3-4 td's, they are hard to stop on offense.

Indian 1985
11-11-2012, 09:27 AM
Glen Rose should be able to pummel Brownwood with little to no difficulty.

Tin Cup
11-11-2012, 09:38 AM
Glen Rose is so good, Brownwood will end the night with negative points

toddg
11-11-2012, 10:19 AM
Glen Rose is so good, Brownwood will end the night with negative points

and the tin cup goes "ping"!!

hollywood
11-11-2012, 11:05 AM
Glen Rose flexes their muscle in round 1. Team speed, size, and execution is top teir. Brownwood is in a rebuilding year. They made good strides this season and will continue to improve. But not enough to overcome what Glen Rose has this season. Senior leadership. It's their year.

Glen Rose 42
Brownwood 14

Rabid Cougar
11-11-2012, 11:06 AM
Glen Rose - going away.

Hendo
11-11-2012, 11:14 AM
Glen Rose by two TDs.

hollywood
11-11-2012, 01:25 PM
Let's hear why Brownwood should win?

I see where 5 have picked Brownwood. Every team has a chance to win this week. That's why they play. So let's hear it. 5 homers, that's respectable.

Tin Cup
11-11-2012, 01:35 PM
There are Brownwood fans who live and die as Brownwood Lions.

Then there are others who are on board in 2010 and on other bandwagons in 2012. It is what it is.

I'll take Brownwood, and I'll give Stephen rose to Hollywood

Eagle 1
11-11-2012, 02:15 PM
I'll be a homer and take the Lions in a close one.
Since Goldy has a bye, I'll be at this one.

hollywood
11-11-2012, 02:49 PM
There are Brownwood fans who live and die as Brownwood Lions.

Then there are others who are on board in 2010 and on other bandwagons in 2012. It is what it is.

I'll take Brownwood, and I'll give Stephen rose to Hollywood

LOL

I'm not a bandwagon. Still love my Lions! I'll always support them and still will as long as I live. You have to be real. Any team has a chance. I also support the Jackets and always will. It's where my kids go to school and that means more to me than me having played for the Lions.

My glasses are not always burgundy. They are clear. Real. Crystal.

hollywood
11-11-2012, 02:54 PM
Being a realist, I still want to hear why Brownwood should win this game.

Brownwood will get killed

Eagle 1
11-11-2012, 03:25 PM
Being a realist, I still want to hear why Brownwood should win this game.

There is no one reason why, but I can give you an example of how. You never know how 15-18 year are going to respond in big games.
I have seen many favored teams get upset by less talented teams at all levels. Right now the Bengals are beating the crap out of the Giants 31-6.
Injuries are can also play a factor. Several years ago Goldthwaite made a semi-final run and the following season they had a Sr heavy team that entered the playoffs at 9-1. In the bi-district round Goldys middle linebacker blew out his knee, and the qb broke his arm. They lost their two best players and consequently they lost the bi-district game 14-7. I hope no players get hurt, but it happens, as anything can happen on any given night.

IndianQbdad
11-11-2012, 03:27 PM
Glen Rose flexes their muscle in round 1. Team speed, size, and execution is top teir. Brownwood is in a rebuilding year. They made good strides this season and will continue to improve. But not enough to overcome what Glen Rose has this season. Senior leadership. It's their year.

Glen Rose 42
Brownwood 14
I agree with Hollywood
GR 42
BW 14

Extiger12
11-11-2012, 04:25 PM
I wouldn't look for the same out come as last year! 42-10 GR wins big! B-Wood has a hell of a kicker BTW!

hollywood
11-11-2012, 07:43 PM
There is no one reason why, but I can give you an example of how. You never know how 15-18 year are going to respond in big games.
I have seen many favored teams get upset by less talented teams at all levels. Right now the Bengals are beating the crap out of the Giants 31-6.
Injuries are can also play a factor. Several years ago Goldthwaite made a semi-final run and the following season they had a Sr heavy team that entered the playoffs at 9-1. In the bi-district round Goldys middle linebacker blew out his knee, and the qb broke his arm. They lost their two best players and consequently they lost the bi-district game 14-7. I hope no players get hurt, but it happens, as anything can happen on any given night.

Eagle1, I understand any team can have a bad week or play their best game the next. Any team has viable reason to win on any given day. But my question is, what does Brownwood have to counter Glen Rose that will give them the chance to win? That's the question. Brownwood is a great program with one of the best coaching staffs in the state. The ingredients are there, they just haven't been able to find a consistent recipe. And this isn't to disrespect any team.

I've watched both play this season. Has anyone else that could offer thoughts on this match up?

defense51
11-11-2012, 07:50 PM
Haven't seen Brownwood play, but saw Glen Rose twice. The Lions better lace the cleats up tight, Glen Rose can and will score consistenly! They run the spread WELL, keep the offense off the field and you might have a chance.

hollywood
11-11-2012, 08:20 PM
How to beat Glen Rose
http://stephenvilleyellowjackets.com/index.php?topic=1180.0

There is always a chance.

regaleagle
11-11-2012, 10:13 PM
If that's all they got, no wonder Stephenville won. NO DEFENSE. NO PASS RUSH. NO SECONDARY. NO SPEED. And this is what you guys are comparing to what??? Your Region 1 opponents I guess. Most of the top teams in Region 2 have excellent speed to the ball, will pressure the qb with a pass rush, and will hit your players HARD. I saw none of that in the clip....zero, zilch, nada. Now maybe those were the "worst" defensive plays GR had that night, I dunno....I wasn't there. But if this is the kind of competition Stephenville is comparing to what is down the road, the Jackets will be in for a big surprise. OH, BTW....you caught Aledo early, remember. I'll guarantee you Wylie will not be such an easy opponent to dispense with. And neither will Kilgore, El Campo, or Carthage. Just saying.... Too bad Argyle can't have a shot of your boyz.

defense51
11-11-2012, 10:47 PM
If that's all they got, no wonder Stephenville won. NO DEFENSE. NO PASS RUSH. NO SECONDARY. NO SPEED. And this is what you guys are comparing to what??? Your Region 1 opponents I guess. Most of the top teams in Region 2 have excellent speed to the ball, will pressure the qb with a pass rush, and will hit your players HARD. I saw none of that in the clip....zero, zilch, nada. Now maybe those were the "worst" defensive plays GR had that night, I dunno....I wasn't there. But if this is the kind of competition Stephenville is comparing to what is down the road, the Jackets will be in for a big surprise. OH, BTW....you caught Aledo early, remember. I'll guarantee you Wylie will not be such an easy opponent to dispense with. And neither will Kilgore, El Campo, or Carthage. Just saying.... Too bad Argyle can't have a shot of your boyz.
Glen Rose can play defense, but it's not their strength. The offense is a juggernaut, they can score quickly and
spread the field as well as anyone in 3A. As soon as we stopped the pass, they would break a run for a first down. They are quick, consistent, and will get their points! Our defense gives up an average of 14 points a game, they hung 41 on what I think is a top 10 defense. Take it for what it's worth to you, but Glen Rose is good this year!

GrTigers6
11-11-2012, 10:50 PM

Regaleagle, come on now you have been around this site long enough to not make an assumption from one teams hilite video. Those are the plays that worked for them. I guarantee you there were a lot more that didnt.
We scored more on Stephenville than any other team including the "Almighty" Aledo. So Who ever plays us had better be ready to play. And Dont forget we were in position to take the lead with less than 5 minutes left.

hollywood
11-11-2012, 10:52 PM

LOL!!! regaleagle, I thought you were smarter than that! It's a STEPHENVILLE hi-lite video. You know better than to judge a team on a few minutes of biased footage. Now if you know football, your above post doesn't hold merit. ;) Glen Rose would give Argyle all they wanted big boy.

IndianQbdad
11-11-2012, 10:54 PM
Glen Rose can play defense, but it's not their strength. The offense is a juggernaut, they can score quickly and
spread the field as well as anyone in 3A. As soon as we stopped the pass, they would break a run for a first down. They are quick, consistent, and will get their points! Our defense gives up an average of 14 points a game, they hung 41 on what I think is a top 10 defense. Take it for what it's worth to you, but Glen Rose is good this year!
Yes sir, they are! Couldn't stop their offense . Pretty much did what they wanted to. Oh and yes , that was against a top 10 defense , for sure. All I can say is "study..study.. Study the films and do whatever sville did"

defense51
11-12-2012, 02:00 AM
OH, BTW....you caught Aledo early, remember.
I've see this cliche before and always wonder, did one team have more practice time or start their season earlier? Maybe, Aledo caught Stephenville before they were hitting their groove or it might have been an even bigger point differential?

regaleagle
11-12-2012, 03:03 AM
Well, I see I got a response out of everybody. Good!!!! Mission accomplished. NOW.....is everybody ready for some playoff football????? OH YEAH

:cheerl: :1popcorn: :2thumbsup :taunt: :lies: :wave: :stirpot: :crazy1: :D :cool:

bleedgreen
11-12-2012, 07:41 AM
Brownwood better put in a call to Chuck Norris.

BullBoy
11-12-2012, 08:52 AM
Glen Rose by 21

Eagle 1
11-12-2012, 09:49 AM
Why was the Glen Rose / China Spring game close?

GrTigers6
11-12-2012, 09:57 AM

Because it was Glen Rose vs China Spring
And we have had issues beating them since 1998

greendawg84
11-12-2012, 10:13 AM
Give me BW in a shoot out. Don't see it being a blowout either way.

loyalfan
11-12-2012, 10:20 AM
I think the Glen Rose faithful, and District 7 as a whole, may be overestimating themselves and underestimating District 8. The only blowout you might see is Burnet-Ville.

garciap77
11-12-2012, 10:42 AM
Brownwood by 7!

Inmateboss
11-12-2012, 10:53 AM
I think some people are underestimating Brownwood! That can be just what the lions look for!!
Brownwood by 1

Expect to win, Play to win!!! Go Graham Steers
Go # 5

Inmateboss
11-12-2012, 10:54 AM
They have done it before!!!!

Go # 5

hollywood
11-12-2012, 11:00 AM

Glen Rose was intimidated by their pre game warm up. :doh:

hollywood
11-12-2012, 11:01 AM
I think the Glen Rose faithful, and District 7 as a whole, may be overestimating themselves and underestimating District 8. The only blowout you might see is Burnet-Ville.

Dreamer

BTW, have you had a chance to watch both districts play this season? Just curious.

hollywood
11-12-2012, 11:05 AM
I think some people are underestimating Brownwood! That can be just what the lions look for!!
Brownwood by 1

Go # 5

Good to think. Glad you're a thinker. I don't underestimate Brownwood. They are good. I just know Glen Rose is that good this year.

Grahamcheerdad
11-12-2012, 11:35 AM
The Wood by 7

GrTigers6
11-12-2012, 11:46 AM
Believe me no one here is underestimating Brownwood. We played them last year and feel like we should have beat them then. So we have something to prove on top of wanting to continue on farther.
We know they can be explosive and always have a good defense

hollywood
11-12-2012, 12:32 PM
The Wood by 7

Glen Rose is better than Graham.

Grahamcheerdad
11-12-2012, 01:30 PM
Glen Rose is better than Graham.

How do you know they have not played each other yet have they.

hollywood
11-12-2012, 01:53 PM
How do you know they have not played each other yet have they.

You will see Grahamcheerdad. :cheerl:

Extiger12
11-12-2012, 02:12 PM
Can't wait! I hope GR finally proves to every body how good they truly are! People who haven't ever seen them are the same people saying they aren't that good! Good luck brownwood it ain't the same teams last year!

hollywood
11-12-2012, 02:15 PM
Can't wait! I hope GR finally proves to every body how good they truly are! People who haven't ever seen them are the same people saying they aren't that good! Good luck brownwood it ain't the same teams last year!

Damn skippy Extiger12! They are truely in the dark.

It's funny how some rant and rave about it, but until they've witnessed it, clueless.

Deuce
11-12-2012, 02:54 PM
I think GR wins this one even though i am pulling for Wood and their true diehard fans.

Inmateboss
11-12-2012, 03:03 PM
I'm not saying GR isn't good, I'm just saying Brownwood ain't gonna give it to ya!!!

Go # 5

Inmateboss
11-12-2012, 03:04 PM
Brownwood by 1!!!

Go # 5

hollywood
11-12-2012, 03:26 PM
I'm not saying GR isn't good, I'm just saying Brownwood ain't gonna give it to ya!!!

Go # 5

Everyone knows Brownwood is isn't a push over. They will fight to the end!! Coaching staff is too good for that to happen. Brownwood has group of athletes. They are similar to Glen Rose 2010 and 2011. The talent is there, just not refined... still a little raw. They will have their success in the next few years, bank on it.

This year, is Glen Rose's "special group" if you will. Comparable to Brownwood's 2010 team in retrospect. Not saying Glen Rose is equal to Brownwood 2010... (they don't have Jaxon Shipley), but in every other aspect, they are better.

Inmateboss
11-12-2012, 04:25 PM
Everyone knows Brownwood is isn't a push over. They will fight to the end!! Coaching staff is too good for that to happen. Brownwood has group of athletes. They are similar to Glen Rose 2010 and 2011. The talent is there, just not refined... still a little raw. They will have their success in the next few years, bank on it.

This year, is Glen Rose's "special group" if you will. Comparable to Brownwood's 2010 team in retrospect. Not saying Glen Rose is equal to Brownwood 2010... (they don't have Jaxon Shipley), but in every other aspect, they are better.

Jaxon Shipley's are few and far between that's for sure!! Should be interesting for the coaching staff!!

Go # 5

Extiger12
11-12-2012, 04:27 PM
Damn skippy Extiger12! They are truely in the dark.

It's funny how some rant and rave about it, but until they've witnessed it, clueless.

Haha I guess we can agree on that one! :thumbsup:

Tin Cup
11-12-2012, 06:52 PM
If Glen Rose 2012 is better than Brownwood 2010 other than Jaxon as Hollywood says, I expect them to win by 49+ points.

This won't be the case.

regaleagle
11-12-2012, 07:10 PM
I really don't know how good Brownwood's D is, but obviously they have let other teams put up points on them. If Brownwood can't stop GR, then they probably won't be able to keep it within a TD. Argyle runs a pretty effective spread, and has done so for 10 yrs. We know what it means to quick-strike for scores. GR has a suspect D at best, and must win games with the offense(against the better teams). The GR defense is their weakness, so if a team can score(like Argyle) and play defense against them, then that team will matchup well with them. I just don't know if this year's Brownwood team has shown those capabilities. But Brownwood does have this game to surprise the prognosticators and show themselves to be an improved team late in the season. Good luck to both teams this week.

Tejastrue
11-12-2012, 07:50 PM
I really don't know how good Brownwood's D is, but obviously they have let other teams put up points on them. If Brownwood can't stop GR, then they probably won't be able to keep it within a TD. Argyle runs a pretty effective spread, and has done so for 10 yrs. We know what it means to quick-strike for scores. GR has a suspect D at best, and must win games with the offense(against the better teams). The GR defense is their weakness, so if a team can score(like Argyle) and play defense against them, then that team will matchup well with them. I just don't know if this year's Brownwood team has shown those capabilities. But Brownwood does have this game to surprise the prognosticators and show themselves to be an improved team late in the season. Good luck to both teams this week.

Wow Regal...even when you're commenting on other games you're tootin that Argyle whistle. LOL...

hsbtex
11-12-2012, 08:20 PM

What??? Dude...step away from the kool aid

hollywood
11-12-2012, 08:49 PM
If Glen Rose 2012 is better than Brownwood 2010 other than Jaxon as Hollywood says, I expect them to win by 49+ points.

This won't be the case.

LOL! No. That would be undermining Glen Rose big time. Brownwood 2010 was very very good. Shipley added to that. Without Shipley, Brownwood would have still been very good. They would not have been in the game with Carthage though. You know why? Because the O-line and D-line was average. It took several amazing catches by Shipley for Brownwood to even be in that game. If you don't agree with that then you are smokin some serious whatever! What Glen Rose has is a 6'5" QB that can flat out sling the ball supported by a good big O-line. The receivers are tall and athletic. The RB #22 is as good if not better than Carthages Holland kid and at 6'1" can flat out run the football. Best athlete on the team. He also plays defense. Defensively, very solid in stopping the run. A capable D-line that will get pressure on the QB unless you have an O-line averaging 270 lbs that is very good. DB's are athletic and can defend the pass above average. Look for #9 to have a big night. This isn't smack talk, this is an unbiased reality. I've seen them twice and in both games, the played top teir football. You will be a believer after Friday.

*Disclosure: The above post is in respect to appreciating good football.

hollywood
11-12-2012, 08:50 PM
What??? Dude...step away from the kool aid

I love kool aid!!

defense51
11-12-2012, 09:36 PM
LOL! No. That would be undermining Glen Rose big time. Brownwood 2010 was very very good. Shipley added to that. Without Shipley, Brownwood would have still been very good. They would not have been in the game with Carthage though. You know why? Because the O-line and D-line was average. It took several amazing catches by Shipley for Brownwood to even be in that game. If you don't agree with that then you are smokin some serious whatever! What Glen Rose has is a 6'5" QB that can flat out sling the ball supported by a good big O-line. The receivers are tall and athletic. The RB #22 is as good if not better than Carthages Holland kid and at 6'1" can flat out run the football. Best athlete on the team. He also plays defense. Defensively, very solid in stopping the run. A capable D-line that will get pressure on the QB unless you have an O-line averaging 270 lbs that is very good. DB's are athletic and can defend the pass above average. Look for #9 to have a big night. This isn't smack talk, this is an unbiased reality. I've seen them twice and in both games, the played top teir football. You will be a believer after Friday.

:thumbsup: on the disclosure

hollywood
11-13-2012, 01:03 PM

regal, Brownwood's D is good. A little on the small side, especially the DB's. But they do play hard. This will be a mismatch with Glen Rose though IMO. They have sizable WR's that can flat out catch the bullets from the QB. Should be a great atmosphere though. I'll probably be at this game considering family and all will be there. ;)

PurpleReign2011
11-13-2012, 01:12 PM
Glen Rose by 14. Brownwood is down, and while I want them to win, i dont see it happening. Not to say it couldn't. But it is pretty unlikley.

Red&White_9x5
11-13-2012, 01:23 PM
I hope Glen Rose pours it on the Wood.
GR- 42
Brownwood- 10

BEAST
11-13-2012, 02:38 PM
For Brownwood it is all about costly turnovers. Every game that we've made them we have lost. The games we won, we protected the ball. IF we can keep away from turnovers, we will be right there with a chance to win, if not, we will be in trouble.

BEAST

Cam
11-13-2012, 02:44 PM
I hope Glen Rose pours it on the Wood.
GR- 42
Brownwood- 10

Is there an immense dislike for The Wood?...or are you just a big GR homer?....

hollywood
11-13-2012, 03:24 PM

My guess would be the former.

DKfromDUB
11-13-2012, 04:11 PM
Glen Rose wins easy... 49-10

bwdlionfan
11-13-2012, 05:45 PM

It's apparent you've forgotten some things. That 2010 would have gone 14-1 with or without Jaxon, they were that good. Yes some of the games would have been closer, and we would have lost to Carthage by more than 3 yards.

Here are some stats from that team, Jaxon didn't do this by himself:
Offense:
Over 7,000 yards in 15 games.
1,900 yards rushing... Jaxon only accounted for 148 of that, so I guess that average OL blocked some.
QB had a TD/INT ratio of 47-6... not all of that was to Jaxon, so we must have had some other receivers. And that average OL must have given some darn good protection at times.

Defense had:
30 Ints
17 Fumble Recoveries
35 Sacks

But that average DL wasn't helping in any of those 47 turnovers or 35 sacks.

Here you go:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syzYXLIYhbw

hollywood
11-13-2012, 08:30 PM
It's apparent you've forgotten some things. That 2010 would have gone 14-1 with or without Jaxon, they were that good. Yes some of the games would have been closer, and we would have lost to Carthage by more than 3 yards.

Here are some stats from that team, Jaxon didn't do this by himself:
Offense:
Over 7,000 yards in 15 games.
1,900 yards rushing... Jaxon only accounted for 148 of that, so I guess that average OL blocked some.
QB had a TD/INT ratio of 47-6... not all of that was to Jaxon, so we must have had some other receivers. And that average OL must have given some darn good protection at times.

Defense had:
30 Ints
17 Fumble Recoveries
35 Sacks

But that average DL wasn't helping in any of those 47 turnovers or 35 sacks.

Here you go:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syzYXLIYhbw

bwdlionfan, don't get me wrong. I didn't say without Jaxon Shipley Brownwood wouldn't have gotten to the semi's or wasn't a contender. It's a compliment to them more than a disrespect to that team. Goodness. My point is, that Brownwood 2010 was that "special group" of talent that only comes through every so often. With the addition of Jaxon Shipley, they were that much better. i think everyone who was fortunate enough to witness his gift of athleticism would agree. Remember he moved in as a Junior and people were peeing their pants when they found out the Shipley's were moving to Brownwood. Couldn't have a more respectable and classy family in Brownwood.

This year, Glen Rose's group is that "special group" of talent that everyone, close to their program, has been anxious about. No they don't have a Jaxon Shipley but in every other position, they are as good as Brownwood 2010 IMO. Very solid QB that is tall and can sling the ball, a great RB, a big O-line and tall athletic WR's. D-line is very stout with #9 leading the way and the DB's are above avg. I've been wrong before and will have no problem admitting it, but from what I've witnessed, the are legit! I just appreciate good football no matter who it is. I'm not the biggest A&M fan but that was some good football they displayed Saturday knocking off big bad Alabama convincingly. Glen Rose deserves the exposure and credit. They have earned it. They are a class team and very talented. Brownwood is no different. Neither is Stephenville, Burnet, Alvarado, Gatesville or any other team that is playing this week. They've all worked hard for months and months to live their dream. If you go to this game Friday, you will see what I'm talking about. So here's to good football and all the fans that appreciate it.

J2M2SR
11-14-2012, 07:58 AM
Glen Rose takes this one......handily!!!

jason
11-14-2012, 09:07 AM
looks like i will be at this game instead of stephenville vs burnet - hopefully it's a close one...

bwdlionfan, don't get me wrong. I didn't say without Jaxon Shipley Brownwood wouldn't have gotten to the semi's or wasn't a contender. It's a compliment to them more than a disrespect to that team. Goodness. My point is, that Brownwood 2010 was that "special group" of talent that only comes through every so often. With the addition of Jaxon Shipley, they were that much better. i think everyone who was fortunate enough to witness his gift of athleticism would agree. Remember he moved in as a Junior and people were peeing their pants when they found out the Shipley's were moving to Brownwood. Couldn't have a more respectable and classy family in Brownwood.

This year, Glen Rose's group is that "special group" of talent that everyone, close to their program, has been anxious about. No they don't have a Jaxon Shipley but in every other position, they are as good as Brownwood 2010 IMO. Very solid QB that is tall and can sling the ball, a great RB, a big O-line and tall athletic WR's. D-line is very stout with #9 leading the way and the DB's are above avg. I've been wrong before and will have no problem admitting it, but from what I've witnessed, the are legit! I just appreciate good football no matter who it is. I'm not the biggest A&M fan but that was some good football they displayed Saturday knocking off big bad Alabama convincingly. Glen Rose deserves the exposure and credit. They have earned it. They are a class team and very talented. Brownwood is no different. Neither is Stephenville, Burnet, Alvarado, Gatesville or any other team that is playing this week. They've all worked hard for months and months to live their dream. If you go to this game Friday, you will see what I'm talking about. So here's to good football and all the fans that appreciate it.

Glen rose better not let the QB get hurt or its over this season.

LionFan72
11-14-2012, 09:53 AM
I'm thinking this will be a high scoring thriller, maybe 56-49. Brownwood has the ability to score too, just had trouble holding the ball and making costly penalties this year. Kinda think both both defenses are suspect, Lions are definitely in a rebuilding year, GR in a senior dominated offensive year. Should be an exciting game.

J2M2SR
11-14-2012, 11:29 AM
Not a chance this is a shoot out!! GR has a salty salty defense...Thames rumbles!

GrTigers6
11-14-2012, 11:43 AM
Its funny how evryone keeps saying we have asuspect defense. The only teams that have scored on our First team defense has been China Spring, Stephenville, Alvarado. Which would score on any defense. They do give up some yards at times but then shut it down. I dont think it will end up like last years GR/ Bridgeport game. At least I hope not. Heart cant take a nother one of those.:ack!:

hollywood
11-14-2012, 12:49 PM
Its funny how evryone keeps saying we have asuspect defense. The only teams that have scored on our First team defense has been China Spring, Stephenville, Alvarado. Which would score on any defense. They do give up some yards at times but then shut it down. I dont think it will end up like last years GR/ Bridgeport game. At least I hope not. Heart cant take a nother one of those.:ack!:

Date Opponent Result
08/31 Ranchview W 62 - 7

09/07 China Spring W 35 - 28

09/14 Mineral Wells W 30 - 7

09/21 Crandall W 49 - 13

09/28 West W 60 - 13

10/05 Fairfield W 45 - 6

10/12 Stephenville L 48 - 30

10/26 Alvarado W 41 - 28

11/02 Venus W 57 - 7

11/09 Hillsboro W 49 - 6

Valid point. What many think about GR is their D has been scored on quite a bit. Historically they have always been able to put the points but couldn't stop anyone either. Shoot outs were common. But most of the points have come against very good teams this season. Alvarado, China Spring, and Stephenville. All the others were against the second team D as GRT6 pointed out. For what it's worth, the nay sayers will be yay sayers this Friday. Glen Rose is for real. Brownwood will have to play their best game of the season to be in this one. I can promise you that... and hope they do!

Red&White_9x5
11-14-2012, 02:27 PM

Not from GR Cam, but yes I have a strong dislike of the Wood. I am from Sweetwater, and let's just say Brownwood has made it very easy to root against them for many years. I always pull for anyone playing the Lions. Congrats on the playoff birth and best of luck against the Ville

BEAST
11-14-2012, 03:41 PM
Not from GR Cam, but yes I have a strong dislike of the Wood. I am from Sweetwater, and let's just say Brownwood has made it very easy to root against them for many years. I always pull for anyone playing the Lions. Congrats on the playoff birth and best of luck against the Ville

Just curious, what has Brownwood done to make a Sweetwater boy so upset?

BEAST

hollywood
11-14-2012, 06:04 PM
Meet and greet? Who's in for a pregame dinner at Mi Familia? Park there and it's an easy walk to the stadium.

Bosqueville
11-14-2012, 07:08 PM

Jealousy is not becoming of you..

Eagle 1
11-14-2012, 07:38 PM
Meet and greet? Who's in for a pregame dinner at Mi Familia? Park there and it's an easy walk to the stadium.

I'm looking forward to some Montana's.

GrTigers6
11-15-2012, 08:00 AM
Meet and greet? Who's in for a pregame dinner at Mi Familia? Park there and it's an easy walk to the stadium.Time?

jason
11-15-2012, 09:02 AM
i'll sit with whoever can get me a free ticket

regaleagle
11-15-2012, 10:43 AM
If Brownwood doesn't give GR a very close game, then I will be convinced that GR is for real. That rundown of teams that GR played included some fairly weak teams that they beat soundly, and should! But the teams that scored on GR were the good teams. GR needs to beat a middle of the road late-season playoff team like Brownwood to show they are all they say they are....and beat them easily. Otherwise, GR will have trouble winning the following weeks against stiffer competition. GR did beat Alvarado soundly in Week 8 it looks like. Usually, this time of year all the teams are playing at their highest level of the season, even with a few injuries. Everyone will be watching how this game goes. It should tell alot about GR. I'm interested, and I assume all the DII competition is too! GR, you have our attention.

hollywood
11-15-2012, 10:53 AM
Time?

About 6:00... halftime for M&G. You got my number. ;)

GrTigers6
11-15-2012, 10:55 AM
About 6:00... halftime for M&G. You got my number. ;)Yes I do and I will let you know if we can make that. Depends on if my wife can get off work in time lol

jason
11-15-2012, 10:56 AM
just an FYI for everyone - due to some construction on TSU campus and some street closures, parking on the home side is terrible

GrTigers6
11-15-2012, 10:57 AM
just an FYI for everyone - due to some construction on TSU campus and some street closures, parking on the home side is terribleSo it would be better to go in the visitor side and walk across?

hollywood
11-15-2012, 11:02 AM
If Brownwood doesn't give GR a very close game, then I will be convinced that GR is for real. That rundown of teams that GR played included some fairly weak teams that they beat soundly, and should! But the teams that scored on GR were the good teams. GR needs to beat a middle of the road late-season playoff team like Brownwood to show they are all they say they are....and beat them easily. Otherwise, GR will have trouble winning the following weeks against stiffer competition. GR did beat Alvarado soundly in Week 8 it looks like. Usually, this time of year all the teams are playing at their highest level of the season, even with a few injuries. Everyone will be watching how this game goes. It should tell alot about GR. I'm interested, and I assume all the DII competition is too! GR, you have our attention.

Good post regaleagle. Hey, I know it's hard for someone like you who reviews scores and tries to compare teams based on how they do each week. And that's all we can do from afar. But until you see this team, their offense is legit. Defense is very solid, not shut down obviously, but solid. Trust me, I would love for Brownwood to win being that's my alma matar and I will be pulling for them, but I don't see how they will be able to stop GR this season. Anything can happen, but if both play their best games tomorrow night and are 100% healthy the entire game, GR wins by 21+. And I won't be surprised if it's 28 as much as I hate to say it. :( I would love to be wrong.

hollywood
11-15-2012, 11:03 AM
Yes I do and I will let you know if we can make that. Depends on if my wife can get off work in time lol

Totally understand that! lol

hollywood
11-15-2012, 11:05 AM
So it would be better to go in the visitor side and walk across?

Yes! Even if you don't eat at Mi Familia, I've found it much easier to park there and just walk over. Much smoother.

jason
11-15-2012, 11:06 AM
So it would be better to go in the visitor side and walk across?

yeah.
there is enough parking on the home side, it's just a pain to get in and out (only one way as of now).
if you can navigate through campus and park where i park, it's easy.
there is a parking lot at the science building that is an easy walk and it will be empty. this is where i usually park, but it's easy to get to from my house
i could actually walk if i wanted to, done it before.

Extiger12
11-15-2012, 11:34 AM
Do we know who is home and who is away?!

GrTigers6
11-15-2012, 11:36 AM
Do we know who is home and who is away?!

GR Is HOME

Extiger12
11-15-2012, 11:38 AM
GR Is HOME

Awesome! We win first round win the red! Lol

BwdLion73
11-15-2012, 11:52 AM
GR Is HOME

So don't you be parking on our visitor side. :D:D:D

GrTigers6
11-15-2012, 12:42 PM
So don't you be parking on our visitor side. :D:D:D

I may even sit on your side. Do you think that red will stand out in that sea of Maroon? LOL

BwdLion73
11-15-2012, 01:14 PM
I may even sit on your side. Do you think that red will stand out in that sea of Maroon? LOL
I don't think we would mind you sitting with the winning side.

Glen Rose wins easy. Just my 2 cents that dont mean jack crap.

jason
11-16-2012, 09:07 AM
so what was decided about the M&G before the game?
beers at mi fam?
beers in the parking lot?

i need to know how many brownwood people are going to be there - going to try and get some stephenville playoff shirts for yall to wear the rest of the season...

hollywood
11-16-2012, 09:21 AM
I'll be at mi familia by 6:00. I'll save spots for anyone. M&G at halftime on the south endzone, field house side of the track sounds good for the game.

GrTigers6
11-16-2012, 11:38 AM
Well Apparently I was wrong and we have been preparing for the wrong team. Does anyone know anything about Brownswood?:D
http://www.uiltexas.org//files/athletics/brackets/football/football-3a-d2.pdf

hollywood
11-16-2012, 12:00 PM
Well Apparently I was wrong and we have been preparing for the wrong team. Does anyone know anything about Brownswood?:D
http://www.uiltexas.org//files/athletics/brackets/football/football-3a-d2.pdf

LOL...

Brownsville
Brownwood

Guess whoever filled the bracket in decided Brownwood should have an (s) too!

BwdLion73
11-16-2012, 03:02 PM
You have no idea what is coming...we will destroy you...we have too many weapons...:taunt:

probably the last time I will get to say that this year...

Go Brownwood!

Sville
11-16-2012, 03:14 PM
You have no idea what is coming...we will destroy you...we have too many weapons...:taunt:

probably the last time I will get to say that this year...

Go Brownwood!

Maybe but by looking at what yall have coming up especially at the frosh level you will have plenty of opportunity to say it over the next few years.

BEAST
11-16-2012, 03:28 PM
Maybe but by looking at what yall have coming up especially at the frosh level you will have plenty of opportunity to say it over the next few years.

Yup. Also, our 8th graders havent ever lost a game.

BEAST

hollywood
11-16-2012, 03:31 PM
Yup. Also, our 8th graders havent ever lost a game.

BEAST

Good things to come from the Wood the next few years. Good football never dies!

Extiger12
11-16-2012, 04:05 PM
It would be a suprise if you don't deep a very successful brownwood team in the coming years. I never saw them as a pushover. But this year I just don't see them winning this game. But goodluck to both teams. GRNation!

BwdLion73
11-16-2012, 04:17 PM
I have to say it looks like the Tigers have a team that has the tools to make a good run. I'm stuck 2000 miles away in the war torn New Jersey area but I'll try to find time to catch Dallas Huston's play by play on the computer. Just remember...we always beat you...we always beat you...we.....:kiss:

BEAST
11-16-2012, 04:18 PM
No doubt, this year Glen Rose is the clear cut favorite. However, you are going to have to take it, Brownwood aint gonna just give it to you. Ill say this, if we win the turnover battle watch out.

BEAST

Extiger12
11-16-2012, 05:04 PM
No doubt, this year Glen Rose is the clear cut favorite. However, you are going to have to take it, Brownwood aint gonna just give it to you. Ill say this, if we win the turnover battle watch out.
BEAST
Yal. Have had yals ups and downs this year. Reminds me of last years GR team.no one expected to beat Bridgeport first round. But hey it's playoffs that's why we play the game!

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-16-2012, 05:06 PM
Good Luck GR!

Indian 1985
11-16-2012, 05:48 PM
Good Luck GR!

If Glen Rose plays their usual game, they won't need luck! :)

jason
11-16-2012, 08:15 PM
im on 25yd line, glen rose side, north end of stadium, top row if anybody wants to come shower me with gifts

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-16-2012, 08:18 PM
im on 25yd line, glen rose side, north end of stadium, top row if anybody wants to come shower me with gifts

Some golf clubs for you? Perhaps some balls or tees?

jason
11-16-2012, 11:32 PM
i guess brownwood only travels well when their team is good.
small crowd tonight.
and having your own stereo system to play 'welcome to the jungle' is lame.

Tin Cup
11-16-2012, 11:44 PM
i guess brownwood only travels well when their team is good.
small crowd tonight.
and having your own stereo system to play 'welcome to the jungle' is lame.

I think all teams travel better when the team is better. Ain't nothin wrong with playing Weclome to the Jungle either!

I just hope I don't hear anymore Glen Rose is better than Brownwood 2010. Give me a break! All that matters is they were 4 points better tonight and Brownwood gave it all they had.

Extiger12
11-16-2012, 11:46 PM
Heard it was pretty sloppy on both sides! GR QB threw 3 int's in the first quarter am I right?

Tin Cup
11-16-2012, 11:48 PM
Heard it was pretty sloppy on both sides! GR QB threw 3 int's in the first quarter am I right?

Yes that is correct. Something like 75 yards in first half for GR. I wouldn't say Bwood was sloppy, just didn't have the offense to generate drives and take advantage.

But the second half was only 7 points for GR and zero turnovers. I'd be extremely nervous to play a good DLine if I'm GR

GrTigers6
11-16-2012, 11:48 PM
We played great defense good enough offense to win but was not a really good effort offensively

Tin Cup
11-16-2012, 11:49 PM
We played great defense good enough offense to win but was not a really good effort offensively

Neither could block the other. It's that simple

ccmom
11-16-2012, 11:56 PM
I think all teams travel better when the team is better. Ain't nothin wrong with playing Weclome to the Jungle either!

I just hope I don't hear anymore Glen Rose is better than Brownwood 2010. Give me a break! All that matters is they were 4 points better tonight and Brownwood gave it all they had.

I believe your buddy jacketwood started that nonsense. :rolleyes:

I was rooting for the Lions tonight. The defense seemed to give the offense lots of chances, but offense couldn't get it going. Great defense by both teams.

Congrats to GR as they move on to face Graham. This could be a dandy!! Although Wylie beat them soundly, they are a fast, athletic team that has done nothing but win since that early season loss. I have no doubt they have improved in the subseqent weeks. 2pm in Abilene on Saturday works for me!! ;)

Tin Cup
11-16-2012, 11:58 PM

I was rooting for the Lions tonight. The defense seemed to give the offense lots of chances, but offense couldn't get it going. Great defense by both teams.

Congrats to GR as they move on to face Graham. This could be a dandy!! Although Wylie beat them soundly, they are a fast, athletic team that has done nothing but win since that early season loss. I have no doubt they have improved in the subseqent weeks. 2pm in Abilene on Saturday works for me!! ;)

JacketRoseWood is clueless. He jumped ship just because Brownwood was a little down and Sville has a team that can win it all. Sad.........

Extiger12
11-17-2012, 12:19 AM
Yes that is correct. Something like 75 yards in first half for GR. I wouldn't say Bwood was sloppy, just didn't have the offense to generate drives and take advantage.

But the second half was only 7 points for GR and zero turnovers. I'd be extremely nervous to play a good DLine if I'm GR

Heard its in Springtown next Friday!

hollywood
11-17-2012, 01:58 AM
Congrats to Glen Rose on a hard fought game. A defensive battle to the end. Ironic to find two spread offenses in a defensive battle. You'd expect the opposite. I want to say I was very impressed with Brownwood's defense tonight. Held Glen Rose to the lowest points scored all season. Props to the coaching staff. Brownwood looked much sharper on D than they did earlier this season. Brownwood blitzed just about every snap. Threw Glen Rose off big time. Glen Rose was exposed by their lack of mobility at QB. I will also say Glen Rose didn't look near as sharp as I had seen them play the 2 times before. QB had 3 picks due to under thrown passes tonight. He was off big time. Receivers were 2 steps in front of the DB's. That's HS football for ya. Most nights you may play really good football and on any given night, you can be off.

Brownwood will be a contender in the next few years if this coaching staff stays together.

Glen Rose, they better get that one behind them and be thankful to escape that one. Maybe a wake up call for them. Graham will be tough.

hollywood
11-17-2012, 02:03 AM
JacketRoseWood is clueless. He jumped ship just because Brownwood was a little down and Sville has a team that can win it all. Sad.........

Nope, not true. Again, you have misspoken.

83Indian
11-17-2012, 02:04 AM
Very surprised by the final score. I sure wish Alvarado figured out that dang spread offense like the Wood did.

hollywood
11-17-2012, 02:08 AM
Very surprised by the final score. I sure wish Alvarado figured out that dang spread offense like the Wood did.

The Lions were blitzing from every angle you could think of. Good game plan by the coaches. Very good. Didn't help GR QB Bretton was off.

83Indian
11-17-2012, 02:19 AM
The Lions were blitzing from every angle you could think of. Good game plan by the coaches. Very good. Didn't help GR QB Bretton was off.

Very interesting. The two back to back stops Alvarado had basically did the same to Gatesville. We just figured it out too late.

Sville
11-17-2012, 02:21 AM
There are no style points in the playoffs. The only that matters is the "W" and moving on.

There are no style points in the playoffs. The only that matters is the "W" and moving on.
I woke up this morning and there was still smoke smell from the Burning of the WOOD. LOL

BwdLion73
11-17-2012, 07:24 AM
I woke up this morning and there was still smoke smell from the Burning of the WOOD. LOL

The bloom was almost off the rose.

At least we aren't afraid to come to stephenville to play.:taunt:
Good luck down the road to Glen Rose, a good hard hitting team. Hope to see ya next year.

GrTigers6
11-17-2012, 08:55 AM
I saw a sign on the way to the game last night that one of the parents made that said "The Lions Sleep Tonight!" I thought that was funny but didnt want to jinx them and post it when I got to the game. lol

Eagle 1
11-17-2012, 09:53 AM
Brow woods defense played solid most of the night and kept them in the game, but when you get no points off turn overs it's tough to win. I expect the Lions will be right back in the mix the next couple of years with the upcoming talent.
Glen Rose #9 and #4 are studs on their team and a force to reckon with, good luck in the playoffs.
It was a good exciting game right down to the final minutes and not a blow out like some said it would be.

Eagle 1
11-17-2012, 09:54 AM
Brownwoods defense played solid most of the night and kept them in the game, but when you get no points off turn overs it's tough to win. I expect the Lions will be right back in the mix the next couple of years with the upcoming talent.
Glen Rose #9 and #4 are studs on their team and a force to reckon with, good luck in the playoffs.
It was a good exciting game right down to the final minutes and not a blow out like some said it would be.

LionFan72
11-17-2012, 09:57 AM
I woke up this morning after sleeping very well last night thank you, and having time to reflect on the game. First, Congrats to a fine Glen Rose squad on a hard hitting game! Not having seen the GR team, could only judge what has been said and the victories won. Brownwood haveing a rebuilding year, I really didnt expect the Lions to hang in there with the mighty District 7 this year. I think last nights games indicates some trouble for Glen Rose and the Ville, I can see losses for both before regionals. Great showing for the Lions, hold your head up and walk with Lion Pride. Just the opposite of the game I predicted, but then this is high school football.

GrTigers6
11-17-2012, 09:58 AM
Brownwoods defense played solid most of the night and kept them in the game, but when you get no points off turn overs it's tough to win. I expect the Lions will be right back in the mix the next couple of years with the upcoming talent.
It was a good exciting game right down to the final minutes and not a blow out like some said it would be.On paper it should have been, But BWD stepped up their game and had a great scheme on D. Caused all kinds of issues for us on Offense. But that is why you play the game. BWD was in this game all the way thru. One broken play and they win.
Hey Eagle have you heard anything about the Eagles playoff location and opponent next week?

GrTigers6
11-17-2012, 10:01 AM
The thing about GR this season is finding the way to win, We had to have a 3rd and long from our own goaline two plays in a row and got it to sustain a drive that ended the game. Thats the thing that GR has been missing in recents years. Hope fully they will continue that from here on out!

GR FAN
11-17-2012, 11:04 AM
We can debate till were blue in the face about the shoulda, coulda, woulda's. bwood will say their defense held us, GR will say we had an off night, fact remains GR, Sville and bwood will all be talking football over thanksgiving dinner. GR and Sville will be discussing our upcoming games and travel plans and bwood can talk about how overrated our district and teams are while they get ready for round ball.

Tin Cup
11-17-2012, 11:28 AM
GR Fan,

Nobody is discounting your win. But let's be honest, off nights from QBs generally come from him being disrupted. He was running for his life throwing heevhoes all over. If y'all can't block, you will lose. When he had time, passes were generally completed. At some point, your luck will run out surviving on 3rd and 20 and throwing it up.

I'd be happy to advance if I'm GR, but nervous because we were just exposed by how to get beat.

GR FAN
11-17-2012, 03:00 PM
Lol. We may lose, but it won't be to brownwood.

YTBulldogs
11-17-2012, 03:11 PM
Congrats GrTigers6. Keep her going.

hollywood
11-17-2012, 03:27 PM
GR Fan,

Nobody is discounting your win. But let's be honest, off nights from QBs generally come from him being disrupted. He was running for his life throwing heevhoes all over. If y'all can't block, you will lose. When he had time, passes were generally completed. At some point, your luck will run out surviving on 3rd and 20 and throwing it up.

I'd be happy to advance if I'm GR, but nervous because we were just exposed by how to get beat.

Were you able to catch the game?

bwdlionfan
11-17-2012, 03:47 PM
Lol. We may lose, but it won't be to brownwood.

Enjoy it, the best football team to come out of Glen Rose High beat a rebuilding Brownwood by 4 points.

Tin Cup
11-17-2012, 04:00 PM
Were you able to catch the game?

No sir

regaleagle
11-17-2012, 04:37 PM
Were the GR recievers able to catch the ball??? Or was it not on target so much?

Tin Cup
11-17-2012, 04:42 PM
The only receiver I really remember mentioned was the 6'4 kid. Every one seemed to be 3rd and forever plays on apparent jump balls basically. Didn't appear to be open or dropping passes. GR came out run oriented in 2nd half and their coach wasn't pleased. It's frustrating having the other team dictate you

GR FAN
11-17-2012, 05:03 PM
Enjoy it, the best football team to come out of Glen Rose High beat a rebuilding Brownwood by 4 points.

Lol again, the key word there is beat. If you play by the rules, there's no such thing as a rebuilding year. You have who you have.

hollywood
11-17-2012, 05:40 PM
Were the GR recievers able to catch the ball??? Or was it not on target so much?

Bretton was sacked 2-3 times. He was rushed multiple times. The passes that went incomplete were not on target, which is uncharacteristic for him. Most incompletions were passes where Bretton had time. He under threw 3 receivers that were open and had 2-3 steps on the DB's. I don't understand it and just chalk it up to an off night. Every QB has one, I don't care who they are. I bet GR fans are glad it was this game where they were able to still win and hope it's out of his system. He's a great QB and anyone who's ever seen him play knows he is the real deal.

What I was most surprised by is that GR didn't throw many quick outs, rocket screens, or slants. They either went long or tried to hit curl routes.

BW's QB looked better than I'd seen him play. He'll be pretty dang good next year.

Tin Cup
11-17-2012, 05:48 PM
I think Bretton was sacked 2-3 times per quarter lol

hollywood
11-17-2012, 06:43 PM
Obviously both defenses were on. Keesee was sacked several times as well. He actually took the worst beating out of the 2 QB's. Just glad both weren't injured. Both played tough

Eagle 1
11-17-2012, 09:17 PM
Hey Eagle have you heard anything about the Eagles playoff location and opponent next week?

We play Wolfe City in Venus on Friday night at 7:30.
We have never played them before, and I don't know a thing about them.
Hopefully we play like we are capable and get the win.

Smitty
11-17-2012, 11:59 PM
I woke up this morning after sleeping very well last night thank you, and having time to reflect on the game. First, Congrats to a fine Glen Rose squad on a hard hitting game! Not having seen the GR team, could only judge what has been said and the victories won. Brownwood haveing a rebuilding year, I really didnt expect the Lions to hang in there with the mighty District 7 this year. I think last nights games indicates some trouble for Glen Rose and the Ville, I can see losses for both before regionals. Great showing for the Lions, hold your head up and walk with Lion Pride. Just the opposite of the game I predicted, but then this is high school football.

what trouble did Stephenville have? 49-6 at half is trouble? The ville was as impressive as I have seen so far this year! Don't let the score fool you, if coach G would have held the hammer down this game would have easily been in the 80 point range.

LionFan72
11-18-2012, 03:41 PM
what trouble did Stephenville have? 49-6 at half is trouble? The ville was as impressive as I have seen so far this year! Don't let the score fool you, if coach G would have held the hammer down this game would have easily been in the 80 point range.

Well hello the Smitty, been reading long? I didn't say the Jackets had trouble, did I? I meant for it to come in as saying maybe some trouble down the raod a week or two, possibly.

Smitty
11-18-2012, 06:56 PM
I can read just fine, your memory is whats off.......let me go back to your post......."I think last nights games indicates some trouble for Glen Rose and the Ville,"

Ok explain the indication. Just curious

hollywood
11-18-2012, 08:31 PM

Brownwood in a rebuilding year? Well that's not what I've been hearing from sources from Brownwood. Was last year a rebuilding year too? What about next year? Brownwood football has always instilled that each and every given year there's a chance to go all the way. It's the deep tradition that has made it's program so rich. You think Coach Wood said, well, it's a rebuilding year. lol He fielded teams where he didn't have the best athletes on the field but he knew there was always a chance to win, and did! It's what ya got inside and the fight that brings out the Lion pride. You played for him. You should know. lol Listen, I just don't by into a rebuilding year with the talent Brownwood has. It's a discredit to those young men who have busted their butts all year. Brownwood had made huge improvments and cleaned up their mistakes and in week 11 proved their hard work payed off. They were in that game last Friday. The defense played as good as they had all season. I commend the coaches and players that believed and executed to the game plan. If you really want to get down to it, every team has to start over each season. Seniors graduate and a few new players move up. ;)

Tin Cup
11-18-2012, 08:37 PM
I didn't expect much of a different result from Brownwood the last two seasons. The kids worked their hardest and I'm proud of that. Working hard and having heart doesn't win very often against more talented teams. I'd love to say Brownwood is a team that'll win at least 10 games and go 3 deep every single year. That Gordon Wood Brownwood is long gone Hollywood. Having said that, even a "down, rebuilding" Brownwood team is a worthy opponent. I think Glen Rose has at 1-3 more losses this year playing Brownwoods schedule. I'm not meaning to sound disrespectful to the Brownwood players in any way, just stating an opinion

Deuce
11-18-2012, 08:57 PM
Brownwood in a rebuilding year? Well that's not what I've been hearing from sources from Brownwood. Was last year a rebuilding year too? What about next year? Brownwood football has always instilled that each and every given year there's a chance to go all the way. It's the deep tradition that has made it's program so rich. You think Coach Wood said, well, it's a rebuilding year. lol He fielded teams where he didn't have the best athletes on the field but he knew there was always a chance to win, and did! It's what ya got inside and the fight that brings out the Lion pride. You played for him. You should know. lol Listen, I just don't by into a rebuilding year with the talent Brownwood has. It's a discredit to those young men who have busted their butts all year. Brownwood had made huge improvments and cleaned up their mistakes and in week 11 proved their hard work payed off. They were in that game last Friday. The defense played as good as they had all season. I commend the coaches and players that believed and executed to the game plan. If you really want to get down to it, every team has to start over each season. Seniors graduate and a few new players move up. ;)

Wow, no wonder most Brownwood posters despise you. Its always funny how you throw in a couple of cool and nice remarks about Wood and a bunch of condescending ones at the same time.

hollywood
11-18-2012, 09:15 PM
Wow, no wonder most Brownwood posters despise you. Its always funny how you throw in a couple of cool and nice remarks about Wood and a bunch of condescending ones at the same time.

Hey, go grow some balls. Sounds like you need a set Deuce. lol j/k, it's mostly just banter and having fun. Some take it way too serious on here. Ya know?

hey, it is what it is. Brownwood has great tradition. I played for Coach Allen. Unbelievable coach who tried his best to carry out the tradition in which Wood instilled into the program. Look, coaches move on, players move on, fans move on... it's what makes the world go round. Some have this stigma that if you move, you should always be true to your school. I am. But you have to support the school where your kids attend as well, right? If not, you need a head check. lol I like Stephenville. Great town and great people who support their school as proud as any other town out there. I've known a lot of these players since they were toddlers. It's fun watching them be what they are now. It's time to let it go people. It's not like I forsake my country. Geez. :D Besides all that, it's a message board, you gotta :stirpot:

Eagle 1
11-18-2012, 10:15 PM
I did hear Coach Shipley say in the coaches comments after the game that while this Sr. class is NOT the most talented they did play with all their heart all year and he couldn't ask for more.
To me that sounds like a rebuilding year.
None the less I'm sure the Lions will be right back in the playoffs again next year.

LionFan72
11-19-2012, 10:01 AM
I did hear Coach Shipley say in the coaches comments after the game that while this Sr. class is NOT the most talented they did play with all their heart all year and he couldn't ask for more.
To me that sounds like a rebuilding year.
None the less I'm sure the Lions will be right back in the playoffs again next year.

Totally confirmed Eagle 1.

As it is said often, "some/you have no clue," and yes, Brownwood will be stout the next 4 years. Don't have a clue as to the coaching situation here in the Wood, but I'm sure that there will be changes for next year, way too many eligible head coaches. If this staff could stay together for 2 years, I think everyone should look out, but the probability is slim. But the team will compete!

and yes, Glen Rose won a defense dominated contest against our young O line, Congrats to Glen Rose, luck to you down the road. But I sure as heck didn't see any domination by the vaunted Offense of Glen Rose. As to somes comparison of Glen Rose to the 2010 Lion offensive team, that is laughable.
The only comaprison there is they both had 11 players on offense.

BwdLion73
11-19-2012, 10:47 AM
fans move on...

:eek:Speak for yourself! :dispntd:

hollywood
11-19-2012, 11:27 AM
You think any of the State Championship teams Brownwood fielded didn't have the most talent? They beat teams that had more talent without question. So for Shipley to say they weren't the most talented, is probably true. But it doesn't mean they couldn't be coached up and compete and win against teams that had more talent because they did. Does Glen Rose 2012 have more talent than Brownwood 2012, I'd say yes. But Brownwood gave them all they wanted. Was Brownwood 2010 the most talented team that year or even in Brownwood history? Maybe, maybe not. Carthage 2010 was pretty damn talented if you ask me. It's all relative. Maybe Brownwood 1998 was the most talented but played a tougher schedule. Maybe Brownwood 2002 was the most talented and just had a bad game against Texas High. It's all subjective and relative to the seasons played. Brownwood 2010 was a fun team to watch no doubt. Shipley is head and shoulders one of the best athletes I've ever seen. But it all comes down to a persons perspective. I appreciate good football no matter who's playing. Whether it be Brownwood, Glen Rose, Stephenville, Burnet, Alvarado, Gatesville, Abilene Wylie, Monahans, Carthage, Argyle, Wimberley, Cibolo Steele, Refugio, Richland Springs, La Marque, or even Celina. Good football is good football. I love this time of year. Playoff football doesn't get much better as it is in Texas. It's good to be a Texan!

BwdLion73
11-19-2012, 12:34 PM
As someone who grew up and went through the Wood era of the late 60's early 70's I can guarantee we we never had the most talent, we just didn't know any better. I think there are very few coaches who can make you believe that like the group Coach Wood had.

All I know is he would have had us line up and show respect for Glen Rose after the game. The bus ride back might be a different story. :crying:

hollywood
11-21-2012, 09:47 AM
As someone who grew up and went through the Wood era of the late 60's early 70's I can guarantee we we never had the most talent, we just didn't know any better. I think there are very few coaches who can make you believe that like the group Coach Wood had.

All I know is he would have had us line up and show respect for Glen Rose after the game. The bus ride back might be a different story. :crying:

Yes, he would have. After the Sville/Burnet game was over, Coach Jones had his team stay and applaud the trophy presentation. Class act by Burnet.

By the way, does the team still wear the maroon blazers and kaki's to away games.