PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley at La Vernia (again)

lbjacj
11-10-2012, 09:55 PM
Can the Texans dominate the Bears at their place again?

Pudlugger
11-11-2012, 07:45 PM
Yes by 20+

rb585
11-11-2012, 09:16 PM
So they have a different QB now?

catfish
11-12-2012, 06:03 PM
It is hard to beat a team twice in the same year.This is a dangerous game for the Texans,they will NOT take LV lightly....To quote from The Green Mile "CAREFUL".

Tejastrue
11-12-2012, 06:38 PM
So true catfish. In recent years the Navarro and Cuero games come to mind. The fact that it is in their house does not help. At least the games I mentioned were at a neutral site. We've had success there so I feel pretty good about the outcome and it is not a hostile environment by any means. At the same time I can't help but think of last year's 1st rounder with Taylor.

Dawgfan64
11-12-2012, 08:04 PM
Wimberley has to be careful not to over look LaVernia...because the winner of Bellville/Cuero looms on the horizon. I think the Texans win and then lose in the second round unless Bellville and Cuero destroy each other.

ogg
11-12-2012, 09:24 PM
Wimberley has to be careful not to over look LaVernia...because the winner of Bellville/Cuero looms on the horizon. I think the Texans win and then lose in the second round unless Bellville and Cuero destroy each other.

With the season Wimberley's had? Hey, our boys aren't over looking anyone.

Mojo84
11-12-2012, 09:38 PM
The Texans don't strike me as a team that would overlook an opponent. Their coaching staff is to savvy to allow that to happen.

Manso/V8
11-12-2012, 10:16 PM
The Texans don't strike me as a team that would overlook an opponent. Their coaching staff is to savvy to allow that to happen.

Taylor 2011

ogg
11-12-2012, 11:01 PM
Taylor 2011

You are correct to a point, we did have some key players out with injury for that game.

Gone Fishing
11-13-2012, 02:58 PM
So they have a different QB now?

So do we...

catfish
11-13-2012, 05:36 PM
This game reminds me of the year we played LV twice.It was Coach Johnson's last year in LV.They had a very good team and beat us pretty bad in pre district.When we played them in the bi district game everyone was pretty confident that we would take a butt kicking.We won the game and continued on in the playoffs...This game kind of reminds me of that scenario,I hope they don't turn the tables on the Texans,and we take this game very serious.

ogg
11-13-2012, 05:54 PM
This game reminds me of the year we played LV twice.It was Coach Johnson's last year in LV.They had a very good team and beat us pretty bad in pre district.When we played them in the bi district game everyone was pretty confident that we would take a butt kicking.We won the game and continued on in the playoffs...This game kind of reminds me of that scenario,I hope they don't turn the tables on the Texans,and we take this game very serious.

Team errors are reduced and the guys seem healthy. I think they'll be ok Cat.

Gone Fishing
11-13-2012, 09:24 PM
LV First Game - major LB didn't play, a couple other nagging injuries, coaches frankly not knowing what the hell they were doing with some players, Jones is QB and safety now , some offensive lineman now playing that were not playing then, receivers getting better and catching the freaking ball, code red playing code red Defense, offense spreading the pass and run more equally ( first game we threw 7 times against LV ), Kelly and Morris can and should be same as last year combo RB's, special teams playing great, did I say coaches knowing what their doing with players now, (yes I did) Best players on the field at all times, its the way it is with talent pool we have, go kick butt ( 5-0 district Champs ) = playoffs = possible deep run.... Go Texans.

Tejastrue
11-13-2012, 11:13 PM
I wouldn't exactly say our defense against Boerne was worthy of the code red label but they sure made the plays when the game was on the line. That's really what it's all about. I'm always concerned but I'd be really surprised if we have a letdown. Papa Oso is staying awful quiet though so it just may be that La Vernia has some sort of top secret game plan awaiting us in Bear land. :)

Gone Fishing
11-14-2012, 08:41 AM
I wouldn't exactly say our defense against Boerne was worthy of the code red label but they sure made the plays when the game was on the line. That's really what it's all about. I'm always concerned but I'd be really surprised if we have a letdown. Papa Oso is staying awful quiet though so it just may be that La Vernia has some sort of top secret game plan awaiting us in Bear land. :)

Against a very good Navarro too. Made some D plays when it was on the line.

Papá Oso
11-14-2012, 11:57 AM
I wouldn't exactly say our defense against Boerne was worthy of the code red label but they sure made the plays when the game was on the line. That's really what it's all about. I'm alw
ays concerned but I'd be really surprised if we have a letdown. Papa Oso is staying awful quiet though so it just may be that La Vernia has some sort of top secret game plan awaiting us in Bear land. :)

No secret game plan to my knowledge but then again if I said there was then it wouldn't be a secret lol. I've just been on the road a lot this week but things are starting to amp up to what's sure to be a exciting night in Bear Stadium. As far as the game goes I think its going to take a dang near perfect game from the Bears to get the win, they have shown streaks where they look very good but have only done it for a full game a few times this year. Injuries have been piling up the last month or so on both sides of the ball and has just about killed our running game, most of the carries the last 2 games have gone to our 4th string rb that's a fish that was only moved up 3 weeks ago after losing our 1st and 2nd string boys to season ending injuries. If we can just keep from turning the ball over then we'll make a game of it, as our D has played better since getting whipped pretty good by Pleasanton last month but our O has to figure out a way to help keep them off the field. This last week against Somerset we held them to less than 200 yards of offense, we had more first downs, total yards were about even but we turned the ball over 5 times, turned it over twice on downs inside their 5, had a punt return td called back, and missed a easy fg lol. Not hard to figure out you are not going to win many games with mistakes like that. I'm hoping for a mistake free game that both sides remember in our long running series as this could very well be the last game I get to see my only son and a bunch of great young men I've watched grow up play football. I'll take the Bears in OT 34-31 :).

Tejastrue
11-14-2012, 01:10 PM
Against a very good Navarro too. Made some D plays when it was on the line.

Absolutely and if the Texans are fortunate enough to meet them again I can (almost :twitch:) guarantee they'll have better results against that pass over the middle.

YTBulldogs
11-14-2012, 02:53 PM
I like both coaches in getting their teams prepared here. Bo Robinson (LaVernia) is about the best in the game in getting the most out of less. They made a nice run last year with less. He'll have them Bears primed I'm sure.

Nelms (WT) is a legend, and he knows what the playoffs are all about. IMO, WT is not as strong as last year's club that I seen in Dallas. But, they are experienced in post season play.

No cake walk, and I would not be surprised to see a Bears win. LV must get all the breaks to do so. Who wins? Dunno, but--it will be a close one IMO.

lbjacj
11-14-2012, 03:23 PM
I like both coaches in getting their teams prepared here. Bo Robinson (LaVernia) is about the best in the game in getting the most out of less. They made a nice run last year with less. He'll have them Bears primed I'm sure.

Nelms (WT) is a legend, and he knows what the playoffs are all about. IMO, WT is not as strong as last year's club that I seen in Dallas. But, they are experienced in post season play.

No cake walk, and I would not be surprised to see a Bears win. LV must get all the breaks to do so. Who wins? Dunno, but--it will be a close one IMO.

I'm sure you're right about the Bears being ready! This feels a lot like last year going into the playoffs. The Texans are big favorites(Padilla has WT by 21) and everyone expects them to dominate on defense like the first game. After what happened last year against Taylor I think Nelms will have them ready! Texans by 14!

IndianQbdad
11-14-2012, 07:40 PM
Process another matchup:
Texas High School Football Matchup Analyzer
Team 1 @/vs. Team 2

User Input
Team 1 Site Team 2
Wimberley vs. La Vernia
Wimberley vs. La Vernia Matchup Preview
Wimberley La Vernia
32 Score Prediction 13
0.838 Win Probability 0.162
Predictions
Statistic Mean Std Dev
Wimberley Margin 19.2 19.4
Wimberley P(W) 0.838 ---
La Vernia Margin -19.2 19.4
La Vernia P(W) 0.162 ---
Total Points 44.7 20.8
Analysis Explanations:

Mean - Average value expected for the team in the matchup. A negative margin number indicates they are expected to lose.
Std Dev - The standard deviation anticipated for the value directly to the left where applicable.
P(W) - Win probability for the team in the matchup.
Please note that the total points, margin, and score prediction will not match in some cases if the predicted points scored for one of the teams from the ratings is negative.

Tejastrue
11-14-2012, 11:46 PM
On some side notes: 1. I read where we are pushing to add 500 more seats to our football stadium.
2. We had 2 of our Danforth Jr High football kids selected to the FBU Austin area 7th grade All-Star team. Most are chosen from larger 4A & 5A schools districts. Nice...

rb585
11-15-2012, 12:00 AM
On some side notes: 1. I read where we are pushing to add 500 more seats to our football stadium.
2. We had 2 of our Danforth Jr High football kids selected to the FBU Austin area 7th grade All-Star team. Most are chosen from larger 4A & 5A schools districts. Nice...

I heard that we're going to try to get a bond issue to build two concession stands and a fieldhouse in the end zone.

I don't think there's any way they get the votes for that.

defense51
11-15-2012, 12:01 AM
I think Wimberley takes their game to the next level for the playoffs (as usual) and wins this one by 28.

Tejastrue
11-15-2012, 12:41 AM
I think Wimberley takes their game to the next level for the playoffs (as usual) and wins this one by 28.

Appreciate that and I hope you are right D51. Best of luck to you guys on Friday!!

Tejastrue
11-15-2012, 12:43 AM
I heard that we're going to try to get a bond issue to build two concession stands and a fieldhouse in the end zone.

I don't think there's any way they get the votes for that.

I said a while back it will be interesting to see if our recent success will contribute to upgrades that are long overdue. I personally would vote yes.

bag-o-chips
11-15-2012, 07:14 AM

Hey I knew ya'll were trying to keep up with Navarro after we just added 500 + seats!!! ;-)
Did you know our 8th grade A team has not lost a game in Jr High and our 7th was also 9-0 this year!

Good luck Friday and I see ya'll by 14+ and a great win! Let's sweep for our District!!

rb585
11-15-2012, 10:05 AM
I said a while back it will be interesting to see if our recent success will contribute to upgrades that are long overdue. I personally would vote yes.

I would vote yes, too, but the thousands of retirees in the district vote against everything, even if their tax rates are capped.

lbjacj
11-15-2012, 12:40 PM
I would vote yes, too, but the thousands of retirees in the district vote against everything, even if their tax rates are capped.

There's a lot of old folks like me but not many would vote for anything to do with athletics. I'd say take donations but we still haven't reached our goal for the new monument to honor last years team!

Tejastrue
11-15-2012, 01:21 PM
Hey I knew ya'll were trying to keep up with Navarro after we just added 500 + seats!!! ;-)
Did you know our 8th grade A team has not lost a game in Jr High and our 7th was also 9-0 this year!

Good luck Friday and I see ya'll by 14+ and a great win! Let's sweep for our District!!

Y'all added 500 seats? Where?? Surely not on the visitors side. We were cramped in like sardines the last time we played there. LOL..Congrats on the success of the 7th-8th graders and best of luck to you guys tomorrow night. Yes, a sweep would be nice.

Tejastrue
11-15-2012, 01:35 PM
There's a lot of old folks like me but not many would vote for anything to do with athletics. I'd say take donations but we still haven't reached our goal for the new monument to honor last years team!

If we have yet to reach our goal on the monument I doubt enough funds/materials etc. could be raised privately for concession stands much less a fieldhouse. Then again we've all seen how the community comes together when they feel the need is there. I believe it is...at least for the fieldhouse.

Gone Fishing
11-15-2012, 09:17 PM
If we have yet to reach our goal on the monument I doubt enough funds/materials etc. could be raised privately for concession stands much less a fieldhouse. Then again we've all seen how the community comes together when they feel the need is there. I believe it is...at least for the fieldhouse.

LOL..all we need is a few million for a field house.

Gone Fishing
11-15-2012, 09:18 PM

I heard the monument is covered now with donations. Thats pretty awesome.

Tejastrue
11-15-2012, 09:47 PM
LOL..all we need is a few million for a field house.

Got my checkbook ready!! ha ha

zebrablue2
11-15-2012, 10:07 PM
Texans fav. by 21 in the Harris poll.

Tejastrue
11-15-2012, 10:23 PM
I heard the monument is covered now with donations. Thats pretty awesome.

Yes..that is very good to hear.

ogg
11-16-2012, 10:13 AM
La Vernia beat Taylor earlier this season.

YTBulldogs
11-16-2012, 10:35 AM
It's the playoff's, anything can happen. Bo got them Bears up for a playoff drive last year, and they made a nice run. I'm sure Nelms has his Texans on notice of that, and last year's Taylor game as well.

This will be a good one IMO. Good luck both fine schools.

ogg
11-16-2012, 11:05 AM
It's the playoff's, anything can happen. Bo got them Bears up for a playoff drive last year, and they made a nice run. I'm sure Nelms has his Texans on notice of that, and last year's Taylor game as well.

This will be a good one IMO. Good luck both fine schools.

Crazy things can happen in first round playoffs. So with that premise, We need to be very carefull playing La Vernia. They're a good team.

wimbo_pro
11-16-2012, 12:16 PM
If both teams play their best error-free game, I think Wimberley can still win even with home field advantage to La Vernia. But though we have gotten better at it, we have not yet put together a completely error-free game (or real close to it). With that said, I think Wimberley can still win this game with mimimal errors, even if La Vernia plays flawless ball. But we all pretty much know both teams will be making errors out there, and thats what it will come down to...who makes the fewest errors at critical times.

I predict Wimberley wins by 18

Tejastrue
11-16-2012, 02:37 PM
About time you showed up!! :wave:

Gone Fishing
11-16-2012, 05:30 PM
Wimberley......We put a ton of points on the board tonight. Offense offense offense.

Also, a special prayer and God Bless the families of the young girl that was killed and the young man that was hurt after the first night we played, hope things for the families are much better. GF.

lbjacj
11-17-2012, 01:02 AM
Domination...

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=sanantonio&Season=2012&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=160642&TeamID=5226&SearchType=Teams

rb585
11-17-2012, 01:08 AM
LV didn't put up much of a fight. They seemed flat from the get-go, and the D and Kolby Kelley hit them hard early.

Their starting QB hurt his ankle early and the backup really got crushed a couple of times trying to pass, and he didn't look right after that.

Our offense sputtered a lot, usually because of penalties. We can't make that many penalties and expect to win next week.

zebrablue2
11-17-2012, 11:32 AM
Texans fav. by 21 in the Harris poll.

Missed by the extra point the Texans missed to hit the spread on the nose--LOL...

Gone Fishing
11-17-2012, 01:11 PM
Wimberley......We put a ton of points on the board tonight. Offense offense offense.

Also, a special prayer and God Bless the families of the young girl that was killed and the young man that was hurt after the first night we played, hope things for the families are much better. GF.

Well I was right on for a half, Lol. Not sure exactly why we didn't put 20 more on the board the second half. I think a lot of sloppy play and questionable officiating didn't help. Also I think the coaches knew they couldn't score on us, therefore play calling was not the same as first half. I will say hats off to LV Defense in the second half, they showed a lot of character with what they had and played hard. Also fun to see a few move ups get a chance to play in the fourth quarter.

YTBulldogs
11-17-2012, 02:18 PM
Congrats WT. Nice match up forthcoming I see. Should be a great game.