PDA

View Full Version : Gig em!!!

ccmom
11-10-2012, 08:41 PM
Since the downlow has been down, let me be the first to say....

Whoop!!!
Gig em, Ags!!! My Aggie husband is walking on a cloud!

MustangFootball
11-10-2012, 08:48 PM
Johnny football for Heisman.

oldtownag
11-10-2012, 08:48 PM
Whoop! Johnny F'n Football baby!

lbjacj
11-10-2012, 08:54 PM
I was actually rooting for the Ags and I bleed burnt orange! JFF is the real deal!

Saggy Aggie
11-10-2012, 08:55 PM
:) :)

Tejastrue
11-10-2012, 09:20 PM
Congrats to the Aggies.!!

regaleagle
11-10-2012, 09:22 PM
That should make some BIG Headlines, huh? Johnny Football takes it to the Crimson Tide on their home turf. WOW!

Saggy Aggie
11-10-2012, 09:26 PM
Great weekend so far. I just need a Texans win tomorrow

lbjacj
11-10-2012, 10:18 PM
Since the downlow has been down, let me be the first to say....

Whoop!!!
Gig em, Ags!!! My Aggie husband is walking on a cloud!

Hey Mom why was the downlow down?

ccmom
11-10-2012, 10:22 PM
Hey Mom why was the downlow down?

Heck if I know?! When in doubt, blame Brownwood. Works for me. ;)

Sville
11-10-2012, 10:27 PM
Gig'em
JFF
Whoop!

defense51
11-11-2012, 01:35 AM
The Tide never came in tonight! Gig Em' Aggies

OldNavy
11-11-2012, 08:13 AM
I was actually rooting for the Ags and I bleed burnt orange! JFF is the real deal!

They have a receiver named Swoops who is the real deal too! Just imagine what the Aggies could do if they could compete in the SEC!:2thumbsup

hollywood
11-11-2012, 08:36 AM
I think almost every Big 12 and anti SEC fan was pulling for the Ags. I was and still am. Hardly a soul gave the Ags a chance in the SEC... Johnny Manziel said "In yo face SEC!" with that win,

FB-fanatic
11-11-2012, 08:43 AM
They have a receiver named Swoops who is the real deal too! Just imagine what the Aggies could do if they could compete in the SEC!:2thumbsup

I haven't looked at he numbers from earlier in the year, but sure looked like Johnny took a while to come to realize what a dependable, clutch receiver Swoop is, and really started using him about mid-season like Tannahill did.

hsbtex
11-11-2012, 10:24 AM
I haven't looked at he numbers from earlier in the year, but sure looked like Johnny took a while to come to realize what a dependable, clutch receiver Swoop is, and really started using him about mid-season like Tannahill did.

I noticed the same thing in the first four or five games, but he sees now. Wish Swope was a junior.

Gig Em!!!!!

Rabid Cougar
11-11-2012, 10:37 AM
I was actually rooting for the Ags and I bleed burnt orange!

That is so wrong in so many ways.

Bullaholic
11-11-2012, 10:39 AM
All of Texas is proud of/for the Ags beating No. 1 Alabama. Way to go Ags--way to show the world what a bunch of mostly home-grown Texas football players can do.

Phil C
11-11-2012, 10:45 AM
Congratulations on a great win by the Aggies. If they had played like that earlier they would have beat Florida and LSU. Now when asked if they can compete in the SEC they can say "Yes we can."

bigwood33
11-11-2012, 10:46 AM
All of Texas is proud of/for the Ags beating No. 1 Alabama. Way to go Ags--way to show the world what a bunch of mostly home-grown Texas football players can do.
I agree 100%

Diocletian
11-11-2012, 01:32 PM
How awesome is it that they lose to AtM. I agree 100% with every post here..and I am a diehard Horn.

NastySlot
11-11-2012, 01:46 PM
Congratulations on a great win by the Aggies. If they had played like that earlier they would have beat Florida and LSU. Now when asked if they can compete in the SEC they can say "Yes we can."
I told a friend last night that said the same thing about those losses..told him...if we win those we might of lost tonight. I really believe after the LSU loss the team learned that they could play and win against the top teams of the SEC but they would have to work eliminate mistakes and most all grow up. I have friend that is on the sideline s for games said after the loss to LSU that Manziel had a look on his face that gave him the impression he wasn't t going to let that happen again....I think he might of been right

rojosgirl
11-12-2012, 02:49 PM
I think almost every Big 12 and anti SEC fan was pulling for the Ags. I was and still am. Hardly a soul gave the Ags a chance in the SEC... Johnny Manziel said "In yo face SEC!" with that win,

:iagree:

Txbroadcaster
11-12-2012, 02:59 PM
What would be perfect is now have Texas do the same to KSU and then you have two Texas teams beating #1 teams

NastySlot
11-12-2012, 03:18 PM
What would be perfect is now have Texas do the same to KSU and then you have two Texas teams beating #1 teams

We think a like. Do you ever wonder why our state couldn't support two teams not in same conference? I mean I think it should-support two teams. Think how great it would be to see the horns v aggies playing for a national title or when not one winning it one year and other the next. Like Bama and auburn a few years ago or like Miami/FSU/Florida in the late 80 's and 90's. The resources are all there...talent money and fan base. Just wondering

Red Bull
11-12-2012, 05:16 PM
The Aggies of 2012 are exactly why there needs to be playoff system in college football (D1). The first game of the year against Florida they were very conservatitive with redshirt freshman playing first game in two years versus very good Florida team. Now they are playing as good as anyone in the country and no one would want to prepare for their hurry up, spread offense right now. Plus the defense isn't too shabby either. One that no one thought could measure up in the vaunted SEC. See goal line stand versus #1 Bama to prove otherwise.

As for one play here and one play there and Ags would be 10-0 right now you have to also remember Ole Miss and La Tech games. Those could have easily been losses as well. I am Ag and will take 8-2 and the talk of college football this late in November. Here's to JFF winning the Heisman and Ags making BCS bowl their first year in SEC. That will be hard to top.

Txbroadcaster
11-12-2012, 05:21 PM
We think a like. Do you ever wonder why our state couldn't support two teams not in same conference? I mean I think it should-support two teams. Think how great it would be to see the horns v aggies playing for a national title or when not one winning it one year and other the next. Like Bama and auburn a few years ago or like Miami/FSU/Florida in the late 80 's and 90's. The resources are all there...talent money and fan base. Just wondering

I think now that A&M is not staring at UT and worried about them you will see them finally find their spot on a consistent basis in the College football world

hsbtex
11-12-2012, 08:28 PM
I think now that A&M is not staring at UT and worried about them you will see them finally find their spot on a consistent basis in the College football world
It is funny to think that the longhorn network will be the single best thing to ever happen to A&M athletics. Funny how God cautions us about greed. Thank you Deloss!

Txbroadcaster
11-12-2012, 08:30 PM
It is funny to think that the longhorn network will be the single best thing to ever happen to A&M athletics. Funny how God cautions us about greed. Thank you Deloss!

your exactly right...It is why i said from beginning this would be a win/win for both schools...never thought A&M would jump the SEC running

hsbtex
11-12-2012, 08:41 PM
your exactly right...It is why i said from beginning this would be a win/win for both schools...never thought A&M would jump the SEC running
Same here buddy...but what a pleasant surprise!

NastySlot
11-12-2012, 09:20 PM

again i agree with you and you know i really believe ol Deloss has done us a favor by not scheduling us.

ogg
11-12-2012, 09:27 PM
again i agree with you and you know i really believe ol Deloss has done us a favor by not scheduling us.

Yes!! no joke. a-m would get beat again like last time.

Buff42
11-12-2012, 09:30 PM

This ain't about teasips and your overrated coach. Go play on the Longhorny network.

Txbroadcaster
11-12-2012, 09:31 PM
This ain't about teasips and your overrated coach. Go play on the Longhorny network.

wow..i am giving props to A&M

Buff42
11-12-2012, 09:54 PM
wow..i am giving props to A&M

Not hardly. But kudos for trying to make it seem like it in a passive aggressive way.

Your first post in this thread was about tu beating KSU. Your next post was about A&M not being tu's little step brother anymore.

If you truly want to give A&M "props", then be as gracious as most of the other teasips on here and say "Congrats" then move on. Quit twisting it around to make it about tu.

hsbtex
11-12-2012, 10:16 PM
I like your sarcasm... surely that's what that is!

Txbroadcaster
11-12-2012, 10:32 PM
Not hardly. But kudos for trying to make it seem like it in a passive aggressive way.

Your first post in this thread was about tu beating KSU. Your next post was about A&M not being tu's little step brother anymore.

If you truly want to give A&M "props", then be as gracious as most of the other teasips on here and say "Congrats" then move on. Quit twisting it around to make it about tu.

My first post was saying it would be nice for Texas to finish of a good ole Texas two Step...not one damn passive/agressive in that...search my name and see where I have ever posted anything like some fans do on the college threads..I talk football and on the field

The 2nd comment was the truth..A&M worried at times too much about Texas..not a dis but what happen..A&M fans will admit it, even the AD said they wanted to forge out on their own outside the shadow of Texas

Sorry but unlike you I can now hope A&M succeeds..they are in a different conference now and that win this weekend was a victory for the State of Texas and HSFB in Texas

NastySlot
11-12-2012, 10:37 PM

nah....i was thinking more on the lines the aggies might just making a move to replace the horns in attention, recruiting and media appeal....you know it goes in cycles but only this time if the Aggies do things right they might surpass and be on top a while...........ol Deloss not scheduling took away the only method the horns had at keeping Aggies from reaching that.....no games v.the Aggies chances to beat them.

might sound dumb and i promise not trying to be arrogant but the Aggies don't need that game.

I do however feel it's a shame they won't play because the football fans of Texas deserve a big instate rivarly like that.

Txbroadcaster
11-12-2012, 10:40 PM
nah....i was thinking more on the lines the aggies might just making a move to replace the horns in attention, recruiting and media appeal....you know it goes in cycles but only this time if the Aggies do things right they might surpass and be on top a while...........ol Deloss not scheduling took away the only method the horns had at keeping Aggies from reaching that.....no games v.the Aggies chances to beat them.

might sound dumb and i promise not trying to be arrogant but the Aggies don't need that game.

I do however feel it's a shame they won't play because the football fans of Texas deserve a big instate rivarly like that.

I think at the time UT was thinking..new coach young team, why schedule them and give them an avenue of another game in front of Texas recruits that are on the fence and a loss would hurt Texas more than a win would help....of course now looking back on it i bet UT wishes they had that game on the schedule LOL

NastySlot
11-12-2012, 10:44 PM
My first post was saying it would be nice for Texas to finish of a good ole Texas two Step...not one damn passive/agressive in that...search my name and see where I have ever posted anything like some fans do on the college threads..I talk football and on the field

The 2nd comment was the truth..A&M worried at times too much about Texas..not a dis but what happen..A&M fans will admit it, even the AD said they wanted to forge out on their own outside the shadow of Texas

Sorry but unlike you I can now hope A&M succeeds..they are in a different conference now and that win this weekend was a victory for the State of Texas and HSFB in Texas

yes you get it....if Texas wins, if the Aggies win if Tech Wins and anytime any school from Texas wins..................the State wins and HSFB is wins. How can we brag about the level of Texas H.S football and the players it produces and not celebrate when rivals win a big game. I am so glad we are in different conferences now....always thought with the break up of the old SWC Texas and the Aggies should gone seperate ways...PAC 10, SEC and TECH to the Big 8

i always want to beat the horns...but I felt robbed when VY didn't win the Heisman...I always want to beat baylor....but went to the Alamo bowl wanting them to win....and was happy RGIII won the Heisman.

even the Vaccarro of the horns sent out tweet about the Aggies win...can't remember exact words but something about hard to hate on them boys...big win and he liked it because he was a Texan

Txbroadcaster
11-12-2012, 10:47 PM
yes you get it....if Texas wins, if the Aggies win if Tech Wins and anytime any school from Texas wins..................the State wins and HSFB is wins. How can we brag about the level of Texas H.S football and the players it produces and not celebrate when rivals win a big game. I am so glad we are in different conferences now....always thought with the break up of the old SWC Texas and the Aggies should gone seperate ways...PAC 10, SEC and TECH to the Big 8

i always want to beat the horns...but I felt robbed when VY didn't win the Heisman...I always want to beat baylor....but went to the Alamo bowl wanting them to win....and was happy RGIII won the Heisman.

Same here..people make fun of the SECSECSEC crowd..but ya know what..I grew up in East Texas and we have that same mindset..our biggest rival Longview..we hated them till play off time but then would support them because we wanted the whole region to look good...that is how I want the State of College Football in Texas to be..3-4 teams in top 15 year in and year out...Yes Texas is my first love, but I can still respect and support other schools as long as it does not hurt Texas's season.

Football fan
11-12-2012, 10:52 PM
Guys on sports radio in Dallas cited a source close to Texas program saying that they would not accept an invitation to the Cotton Bowl if A&M were the opponent.

Hilarious!

That will show those Aggies they screwed with the wrong group!

ogg
11-12-2012, 10:53 PM

Little brother's recruiting will be better. Not at the expense so much of UT but more with OU, LSU, Oke lite, Ark.

Maybe they'll (UT/am) play for the national title next year, , , , possible. Both teams are young and good.

Buff42
11-12-2012, 10:58 PM
Thanks to all the gracious teasips on here. You represent your team and school well. Maybe your class will rub off on some of the others.

ogg
11-12-2012, 11:04 PM
Thanks to all the gracious teasips on here. You represent your team and school well. Maybe your class will rub off on some of the others.

Like sawing horns off???

crabman
11-12-2012, 11:42 PM
Cuero wins and makes the playoffs.
Ags Beat #1 Alabama
Texans beat Chicago in what could be a Super Bowl preview.
My Fantasy team wins big.
Cowboys beat division rival Eagle.
Then there's that whole Obama thing. Oh well, you cannot have it all.

Great time to be an Aggie.

44INAROW
11-13-2012, 12:33 AM

That was totally uncalled for!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

hsbtex
11-13-2012, 03:32 PM
Little brother's recruiting will be better. Not at the expense so much of UT but more with OU, LSU, Oke lite, Ark.

Maybe they'll (UT/am) play for the national title next year, , , , possible. Both teams are young and good.
You do know the meaning of little brother...right?? Because you guys sure do look cute in our rear view mirror! Smoochey to you little brother!! :)

BEAST
11-13-2012, 05:16 PM
One thing I want to bring up that I think a lot folks are overlooking is A&Ms defense the last 3 weeks. They have really come on and improved. When the Aggie D is holding folks to point totals in the 20's or lower, the odds on Johnny Football and the rest of the O working their magic and winning games increases drastically. I wont try to hide it, I am an Aggie fan through and through, but I have to tell ya, I would not want to be the team that has to try to beat the Ags right now. They are hotter right now than I ever remember them.

BEAST

ogg
11-13-2012, 05:49 PM
You do know the meaning of little brother...right?? Because you guys sure do look cute in our rear view mirror! Smoochey to you little brother!! :)

I'm happy for a-m.

hsbtex
11-13-2012, 06:18 PM
I'm happy for a-m.
Thank you sir. Been a while (98) since there was this much excitement in Aggieland

ogg
11-13-2012, 06:29 PM
Thank you sir. Been a while (98) since there was this much excitement in Aggieland

LOL, someone on the radio said that the aggies beating bama is like watching your mother-in-law driving your new BMW off a cliff. Make no mistake about it, horn fans loved the ending of that game.

zebrablue2
11-13-2012, 06:34 PM
LOL, someone on the radio said that the aggies beating bama is like watching your mother-in-law driving your new BMW off a cliff. Make no mistake about it, horn fans loved the ending of that game.

:2thumbsup

Rabid Cougar
11-13-2012, 08:57 PM
Same here..people make fun of the SECSECSEC crowd..but ya know what..I grew up in East Texas and we have that same mindset..our biggest rival Longview..we hated them till play off time but then would support them because we wanted the whole region to look good...that is how I want the State of College Football in Texas to be..3-4 teams in top 15 year in and year out...Yes Texas is my first love, but I can still respect and support other schools as long as it does not hurt Texas's season.

Texas teams are in the 15 consistantly. Okie State, Oklahoma, K-state, Missouri, LSU, Arkansas all have either majority of Texans or second in number.