PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer-Kilgore update

Buckeye1980
11-09-2012, 09:52 PM
Gilmer 13 Kilgore 7 Halftime

poisoned10
11-09-2012, 10:00 PM
Gilmer has played very well on defense except for the 2-play scoring drive for Kilgore that Gilmer forgot to run on the field for.

Offense has struggled passing. Tanner hasn't thrown very well tonight but has been able to complete some big passes when needed. His punting has been absolutely amazing the 1st half. He had about a 70-yard punt earlier.

Gilmer's starting RB, Kris Boyd hasn't played at all tonight. I'm not sure why. If I remember correctly, he didn't play much, if at all in the 2nd half against Bullard.

Kilgore has played very tough. Their defense has really gotten after us and are very good defending the pass.

So far, it's been a defensive battle. Both have played extremely well and I look for much of the same in the 2nd half.

Gilmer gets the 2nd half kick off. Hopefully we can put some points on the board and make it a 2-score game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

poisoned10
11-09-2012, 10:33 PM
Gilmer Buckeyes - 20
Kilgore Bulldogs - 7

3rd Q, 6:40

Buckeye1980
11-09-2012, 10:50 PM
Gilmer 20 Kilgore 14 with 5 seconds left in 3rd

lostaussie
11-09-2012, 11:30 PM
Gilmer 20 Kilgore 14 final

poisoned10
11-09-2012, 11:33 PM
Gilmer held on, barely. Kilgore looked like they were going to score and had every bit of momentum before fumbling on 3rd and goal from the 3.

Great game from 2 great teams.

Unfortunately, several of the Kilgore players refused to shake our boys hands after the game.

Good luck throughout the playoffs Kilgore. You guys will be a tough out for any team.

83Indian
11-09-2012, 11:39 PM
Gilmer held on, barely. Kilgore looked like they were going to score and had every bit of momentum before fumbling on 3rd and goal from the 3.

Great game from 2 great teams.

Unfortunately, several of the Kilgore players refused to shake our boys hands after the game.

Good luck throughout the playoffs Kilgore. You guys will be a tough out for any team.

Great win Gilmer. Looks like you guys own the district of doom 2 years in a row.

regaleagle
11-10-2012, 12:02 AM
So it was a defensive battle after all. Now Kilgore knows they will need to score more to go deep. Like I stated on smoaky....he who scores the most....wins. Sounds like it was a very exciting game to the very last play. I guess Kilgore played a pretty tough game to keep the Bux to only 20 pts, huh? Maybe Henderson is the dark horse in this district this year, despite the losses. Van better watch out. Congrats to Gilmer on yet another district title.

lostaussie
11-10-2012, 09:38 PM
Henderson and Gilmer could very well end up playing for regional title. Not saying that gonna happen. Lots of good teams between now and them..........but it might:thinking:

83Indian
11-10-2012, 11:39 PM
Henderson and Gilmer could very well end up playing for regional title. Not saying that gonna happen. Lots of good teams between now and them..........but it might:thinking:

Very well could. I would Gilmer the advantage to make it back. Henderson relys too much on Brown and defenses can easily key on him.

Aggie98
11-11-2012, 12:37 AM
We had Gilmer where we wanted them and we let em off the hook. 3rd and goal from the 3 and we snafu the handoff. 4th and goal from the 5 and Gilmer defends the pass perfectly. Twas a great game and Gilmer deserved the victory.... They have a great team.

cowboyandchrist
11-11-2012, 12:42 AM
Let me be the first to say good Job Gilmer, I never thought you could beat Kilgores D. but once again you proved that Gilmere is and has been and will be the team to beat from East Texas in DII. Gilmer has won every way possible this year. It maybe one of Jeff Traylor and his coaching staffs best jobs of coaching with a young team. Good luck to the Buckeyes in the playoffs, not that you will need it.

Aggie98
11-11-2012, 01:02 AM
Very well could. I would Gilmer the advantage to make it back. Henderson relys too much on Brown and defenses can easily key on him.

Keying on him is easy, tackling him .... Not so much. He's not very big, but he breaks more tackles than anyone I've seen in a long while.

lostaussie
11-11-2012, 01:17 PM
I still believe Kilgore walks to the semi's. I just don't think there is anyone in D1 R2 that can beat them. Still not sold on Gainesville. Just don't believe they have seen much competition. I have been wrong before :D