PDA

View Full Version : Sub Varsity Scores

Papá Oso
11-09-2012, 09:33 AM
La Vernia JV and Freshman Teams finished off a great season last night with wins over Somerset.

JV
LV - 28
Somerset - 8

Freshman
LV - 32
Somerset - 14

The JV ends the season going 8-2 with both loses being very close games to 4A opponents. They were 4-0 in district scoring 163 points while only giving up 16.

The Freshman team did them them a couple better and went 9-0 for the season.

Great job boys, the future looks bright in La Vernia.

PO

Cam
11-09-2012, 09:37 AM
Burnet 8th A was up on Lampasas 20-0 but don't know the final. The Sasquatch line was at it again!!

Buff42
11-09-2012, 10:29 AM
Giddings freshmen wrapped up an undefeated season last night. Watch out for these boys folks.

LHPfactory
11-09-2012, 11:04 AM
Burnet 8th A was up on Lampasas 20-0 but don't know the final. The Sasquatch line was at it again!!

Lampasas A team was the District champ last year in 7th, Looks like LH and Burnet both improved more than they did..... we still have major issues with discipline and mistakes with our 8th A group... I know they are young, and they are a good bunch, they will work this out, or it will be thier demise, they a great work ethic and will come back BFS next year.

I guess I get a little focused on penalties and what not cause the 6th Graders I am coaching dont make many mistakes, as a group and individually they have a very high football IQ. Only 2 false starts all year (and thats going on 5 different snap counts with a no huddle offense), no holding penalties, now we do have a few block in the back calls that have called back touchdowns....(this is due primarily to the fact that they are very aggressive and love to hit) ... I think we have that under control though. This 6th grade group will be a force to be reconded with next year in 7th grade.

YTBulldogs
11-09-2012, 11:30 AM
Giddings freshmen wrapped up an undefeated season last night. Watch out for these boys folks.

Watch out for the Buf's #7 on their 7th grade team too. Wow, longest legs on a kid I ever seen. Seen some great talent off both Yoakum and Giddings last night. Future looking really good.

buckeyebob
11-09-2012, 12:10 PM
Gilmer Buckeyes & Kilgore Bulldogs
7th Grade - Forfiet...they don't even have ateam...what's with that?
8th "A" 38-6
8th "B" 16-6
9th 16-14
JV 40-14

Now, if we can keep it going...