11/9 8pm @ Poteet HS (Mesquite)

Region III

College Station vs. Cleveland Tarkington
11/9 6pm @ Bryan HS

West vs. Liberty
11/9 8pm @ Bryan HS

Region IV

La Grange vs. Port Isabel
11/9 6pm @ Blossom Athletic Center (San Antonio)

Boerne vs. Devine
11/9 8pm @ Blossom Athletic Center (San Antonio)

SHSBulldog00
11-08-2012, 05:06 PM
Thought's and Prediction's?

ccmom
11-08-2012, 05:26 PM
Wylie has maintained it's number one ranking since preseason. While rankings mean nothing, it does carry a certain amount of pressure to be at the top all season. Springtown is highly ranked as well. Tomorrow should be a very competitive match.

Wylie has had tremendous success in only 5 years of having a varsity team. I've watched these girls for the past three years. The 2010 team lost a heartbreaker to Wimberley in the state semis. The 2011 team advanced to state finals and lost to Lovejoy in 5. Many think this is our year and I certainly think they have the skill and discipline to get it done. I also know that there are lots of good teams still playing that have what it takes.

I know one thing for sure...volleyball is not the same game I played in high school! Obviously the rules have changed dramatically but the level of play and strategy has also skyrocketed. There are some dang good athletes playing this sport.

hollywood
11-08-2012, 05:46 PM
Wylie has maintained it's number one ranking since preseason. While rankings mean nothing, it does carry a certain amount of pressure to be at the top all season. Springtown is highly ranked as well. Tomorrow should be a very competitive match.

Wylie has had tremendous success in only 5 years of having a varsity team. I've watched these girls for the past three years. The 2010 lost a heartbreaker to Wimberley in the state semis. The 2011 team advanced to state finals and lost to Lovejoy in 5. Many think this is our year and I certainly think they have the skill and discipline to get it done. I also know that there are lots of good teams still playing that have what it takes.

I know one thing for sure...volleyball is not the same game I played in high school! Obviously the rules have changed dramatically but the level of play and strategy has also skyrocketed. There are some dang good athletes playing this sport.

Good post ccmom!

Girls in this day and age are much taller and athletic for sure.

hollywood
11-08-2012, 05:50 PM
I know several on the Sville team. This team is good. This week will be a challenge no doubt. If they win, next weeks game will be even more so. Would be neat to see AW in the regional finals in both volleyball and football. Rivalry starting... :thinking: :clap:

ccmom
11-08-2012, 05:55 PM
I know several on the Sville team. This team is good. This week will be a challenge no doubt. If they win, next weeks game will be even more so. Would be neat to see AW in the regional finals in both volleyball and football. Rivalry starting... :thinking: :clap:

I kinda expect Wylie and Sville to both win tomorrow and face off on Saturday for the region 1 title. That's not to say that Springtown and Cooper don't have a chance because they definitely do. I've seen Sville play this season and they are very good. We have defeated Sville twice this season, but beating a good team three times is not gonna be easy. I'm sure Sville will be ready.

ccmom
11-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Another piece of useless trivia....IF we do advance to state, next weekend will be three years in a row we have had the volleyball team at state while the football team is in playoffs. That's pretty cool!! We aren't there yet though. I think this years regional tourney is gonna be very competitive...as it should be! I'm excited!!

ccmom
11-08-2012, 06:27 PM
And since I'm on a roll (did I mention I'm excited?), I'll add this...

Wylie SR Kylie Jenkins has had made a lifetime of memories for herself. She's been on varsity volleyball and basketball since she was a freshman...going to the state tourney in basketball 3 times (with two titles, and an overtime loss in the finals), and to the state volleyball tourney twice (hoping for third trip next weekend). No matter what happens this weekend, she has had a heck of a high school career and I, for one, am super proud of her!!

ccmom
11-08-2012, 11:16 PM
http://m.reporternews.com/news/2012/nov/08/no-1-lady-bulldogs-focusing-on-present-at-region/

With a 188-40 record and 15 playoff wins since 2008, Wylie has quickly become one of premier volleyball programs in its classification.

The top-ranked Lady Bulldogs, who will be making their fourth consecutive regional tournament appearance today, are the only Class 3A team in the state that can make that claim. And should Wylie reach the 3A state tournament for a third consecutive year, it will have done so more often than not in its five seasons as a varsity program.

But while that level of consistency could breed complacency or a sense of entitlement, first-year Wylie head coach Maggie Hunt said neither exist with her team. The players and coaches are proud of what the program has accomplished, but they're too hungry for further success to live off past achievements.

"It's definitely something we don't take for granted, and we don't ever want to take it for granted," said Hunt, who was an assistant for six years under the program's first coach, LeAnn Thomsen, before taking over the team this fall. "There are a lot of teams that would love to still be playing volleyball right now, and we're fortunate enough to get to be one of those teams. We try to look at it that way.

"We've been given this opportunity, and we want to do the best we can with the opportunity we were given."

Wylie (40-5) is hoping to end this season with the school's first state volleyball championship. Ranked No. 1 in 3A since the first Texas Girls Coaches Association polls were released, that's been the stated goal all year.

But before the Lady Bulldogs can even think about playing for a state title, they must first win the Region I-3A championship this weekend at The Coliseum in Snyder. And with a tough semifinals matchup against No. 7 Springtown (31-3) set for 1 p.m. today — and either Stephenville (27-16) or Lubbock Cooper (28-

8) waiting after that — they're not looking past anyone.

"We can't get distracted or let anything get in the way of how we play," senior libero Shelby Corn said. "We go into every game thinking one point at a time and thinking that if we don't come through with this our season's over. That really motivates us to do better."

Hunt said that focus level is one of the things that makes her team so tough. And it's evident in the way the Lady Bulldogs practice.

Having gone to state semifinals and finals in back-to-back years, the Wylie players are accustomed to winning. But they also know how much work it takes to achieve and maintain that level of success.

"I think that's one of the greatest gifts as a coach, to be able to be a part of something that has been so successful for so long," Hunt said. "And to be able to see it from the ground up has just been a blessing. It has really shown all of us that hard work does pay off and that the extra time and the dedication, it does pay off.

"It's so neat for the girls to be able to see that. They've seen that if I put in a little extra, if I do this, then it will pay off. And they've been able to experience that. We just hope to continue that."

One byproduct of the Lady Bulldogs' sustained success is the way the team is viewed by others. Expectations have always been high within the Wylie program, but a No. 1 ranking — and the target that comes with it — adds a whole new level of pressure.

Hunt said the she tries not to make too much of the state polls, but junior hitter Layne Little said it's definitely changed the way opponents approach their matches with the Lady Bulldogs.

"It's really hard to play when everyone expects you to win and everyone expects you to win state," she said. "It's great to be a part of a team that can go that far and it's expected, but it's a lot of hard work."

Corn said she and her teammates relish that position. Knowing that they're going to get every opponent's best shot forces the Wylie players to prepare well for every match.

And it holds the Lady Bulldogs accountable in matches like today's, where the team across the net from them is fully capable of leaving with a win.

"We're planning on playing our game, going in with the mindset that anyone can beat us and this can be our last game if we don't step it up," Corn said. "It's all about how much you want it ... and we want it so badly."

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-09-2012, 12:55 PM
Lets go Lady Tarpons!

ccmom
11-09-2012, 01:59 PM
#1 Wylie vs #7 Springtown starting now....

Go Lady Bulldogs!!!!!!

ccmom
11-09-2012, 02:25 PM
Wylie strikes first 25-18

On to the second...

vtskneb
11-09-2012, 02:49 PM
Wylie strikes first 25-18

On to the second...

Any word on the second set?

ccmom
11-09-2012, 02:51 PM
24 all right now

ccmom
11-09-2012, 02:52 PM
Wylie takes 2nd set 26-24

ccmom
11-09-2012, 03:17 PM
Wylie wins 3rd set 26-24!!!

Congrats to a very tough Springtown team on a great season.

Good luck to the Lady Bulldogs tomorrow in the Region 1 final

hollywood
11-09-2012, 04:08 PM
Wylie wins 3rd set 26-24!!!

Congrats to a very tough Springtown team on a great season.

Good luck to the Lady Bulldogs tomorrow in the Region 1 final

Wow, what a match. Congrats to AW

hollywood
11-09-2012, 04:36 PM
Sville dropped set one 25-18 to LCoop
Sville up in set two 13-7

hollywood
11-09-2012, 04:43 PM
21-19 LCoop up set 2 TO Sville

hollywood
11-09-2012, 04:48 PM
LCoop wins set 2 25-23

LCoop Wins set 1 25-18 and set 2 25-23

hollywood
11-09-2012, 04:51 PM
LCoop up 6-0 set 3

hollywood
11-09-2012, 05:31 PM
Sville won 3rd set
Leads 4th set 21-17

hollywood
11-09-2012, 05:34 PM
Sville wins 4th set 25-19!

hollywood
11-09-2012, 05:39 PM
Sville up 5-1 in set 5!!

hollywood
11-09-2012, 05:46 PM
Set 5 tied 9-9!!

hollywood
11-09-2012, 05:48 PM
Sville up 11-9 in set 5. TO LCoop

hollywood
11-09-2012, 05:51 PM
Sville win set 5 15-10!!

Bees wins Reg semi finals!!

Face Abilene Wylie tomorrow afternoon!

Great comeback Bees!!

hollywood
11-09-2012, 05:56 PM
LCoop 25-18
LCoop 25-23
Sville 25-22
Sville 25-19
Sville 15-10

Sville was down 13-7 in 3rd set.

Way to never give up and keep fighting lady's. Well done.

Now bring home the Regional championship against the Lady Dawgs!

ccmom
11-09-2012, 06:05 PM
What a comeback!! Congrats!!!

Tomorrow will be awesome!! I can't wait!!

hollywood
11-09-2012, 07:08 PM
What a comeback!! Congrats!!!

Tomorrow will be awesome!! I can't wait!!

No kidding! It will be a tough match for the Bees. Lady Dawgs are stellar.

Where's the match being played?

ccmom
11-09-2012, 07:17 PM
No kidding! It will be a tough match for the Bees. Lady Dawgs are stellar.

Where's the match being played?

Second year in a row the regional tourney is at The Coliseum in Snyder.

hollywood
11-09-2012, 07:21 PM
Second year in a row the regional tourney is at The Coliseum in Snyder.

;) :thumbsup:

ccmom
11-10-2012, 08:38 PM
Wylie defeated Stephenville today in Region 1 final.
(25-18, 21-25, 25-18, 25-14). Stephenville girls fought hard. Congrats on a great season.

Today was a blast and next weekend at STATE will be awesome!!!! Way to go Lady Bulldogs!!!

Tejastrue
11-10-2012, 08:42 PM
Wylie defeated Stephenville today in Region 1 final.
(25-18, 21-25, 25-18, 25-14). Stephenville girls fought hard. Congrats on a great season.

Today was a blast and next weekend at STATE will be awesome!!!! Way to go Lady Bulldogs!!!

Congrats to Wylie!!

Leopard4Life
11-10-2012, 09:30 PM
Congrats AW