11-06-2012, 10:05 PM
download eta 4 min.

Gsquared
11-07-2012, 08:06 AM
download eta 4 min.

4 Mins todd???? You still usin that Commodore 64 ? :D

vtskneb
11-07-2012, 11:04 AM
Does WOS have a chance to go Big School?

Ville-D
11-07-2012, 11:29 AM

No. Silsbee is largest and has clinched a playoff spot.

WOS and Silsbee are both 5-0 in dist and have clinched.

They play this week for the DC

SILSBEE 822.5
BRIDGE CITY 773
WEST ORANGE-STARK 686
SOUR LAKE HARDIN-JEFFERSON 570
HAMSHIRE-FANNETT 534
ORANGEFIELD 520
BUNA 478

Ville-D
11-07-2012, 11:32 AM

Terry just gets excited thinking about teams that could beat Stephenville. :spitlol:

Txbroadcaster
11-07-2012, 11:36 AM
Terry just gets excited thinking about teams that could beat Stephenville. :spitlol:

*** LOL..why do you think I want the ville to get beat

Ville-D
11-07-2012, 11:41 AM

Its that deep rooted East Texas love flowing through your veins. Its not your fault. A leopard can't change its spots...

Ville-D
11-07-2012, 11:42 AM

It is OK... I have accepted it. I'm trying to become more understanding of the East Texas culture as I mature. (If I ever mature)

toddg
11-07-2012, 11:51 AM
4 Mins todd???? You still usin that Commodore 64 ? :D

yep! and i have all my fav games like defender, and cave dweller on reel to reel tape and not using cassetes anymore..so i have upgraded!

Gsquared
11-07-2012, 11:58 AM
yep! and i have all my fav games like defender, and cave dweller on reel to reel tape and not using cassetes anymore..so i have upgraded!

Cool, you should invite me over to play Pong or Donkey Kong sometime

vtskneb
11-07-2012, 11:59 AM
I do not think he wants Stephenville to get beat so much as it sounds like he goes over the top a bit to make sure he gives love to other teams. I think most that follow the sport closely and are knowledgeable, would pick Stephenville if you put a gun to their head and said pick one.

Stephenville, if healthy, creates too many matchup problems for defenses to shut them down. If someone can do what Aledo did in the playoff game(shut down the run game) it could be a long day for the Jackets but I highly doubt anyone is that talented in 3A (and I do not know anyone that runs the cover 4 like Buc does). If the pollsters were right about the talent of the teams we have beaten than how can you not be impressed with what they have done? If those teams were frauds then we could be in for some surprises. I think we will know our answers in a couple of weeks where we really stand, as will everyone else.

Txbroadcaster
11-07-2012, 12:07 PM
I do not think he wants Stephenville to get beat so much as it sounds like he goes over the top a bit to make sure he gives love to other teams. I think most that follow the sport closely and are knowledgeable, would pick Stephenville if you put a gun to their head and said pick one.

Stephenville, if healthy, creates too many matchup problems for defenses to shut them down. If someone can do what Aledo did in the playoff game(shut down the run game) it could be a long day for the Jackets but I highly doubt anyone is that talented in 3A. If the pollsters were right about the talent of the teams we have beaten than how can you not be impressed with what they have done? If those teams were frauds then we could be in for some surprises. I think we will know our answers in a couple of weeks where we really stand, as will everyone else.

sorry but no...seen the Ville 3 times...I think they are very very good, but I dont think they are world beaters...would it suprise me to see them win state, no they have a team that can...but I also dont think they are the greatest team ever either

Ville-D
11-07-2012, 12:08 PM

Cool, you should invite me over to play Pong or Donkey Kong sometime

Can I come over too? Ill bring my Matel Football...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41S43M5FHYL.jpg

ccmom
11-07-2012, 12:09 PM
Cookies, Grant? Seriously?

The puzzling thing about you is that you look so "normal", and you are SO not!!!! Always keep em guessing...;)

Gsquared
11-07-2012, 12:14 PM
Cookies, Grant? Seriously?

The puzzling thing about you is that you look so "normal", and you are SO not!!!! Always keep em guessing...;)

I am normal, my reasoning was the cookies would soak up the alcohol thus curing her of what ailed her.

ctown81
11-07-2012, 12:15 PM
What did you guys think about Isiah Golden(Defensive Lineman) from Carthage when you saw him against Jasper?

toddg
11-07-2012, 12:16 PM
Can I come over too? Ill bring my Matel Football...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41S43M5FHYL.jpg

heck yeah!! i was kick A. on those..until the teacher took it up!

Gsquared
11-07-2012, 12:17 PM
What did you guys think about Isiah Golden(Defensive Lineman) from Carthage when you saw him against Jasper?

Card carrying stud!!!! Was really impressed with Golden

vtskneb
11-07-2012, 12:50 PM
sorry but no...seen the Ville 3 times...I think they are very very good, but I dont think they are world beaters...would it suprise me to see them win state, no they have a team that can...but I also dont think they are the greatest team ever either

I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt and using S2S logic in propping up the wins, I'll bite. La Vega is a team you thought had a shot, not only that you mocked Stephenville fans for thinking they would win on this forum. They lost by 3 touchdowns. You came out and said it was closer than the score, I guess that is your 3A rose colored glasses because it could have be 4 or 5. AW is not 4 touchdowns better this year than last, not if they running out what they had on the underclassmen squads out, besides the fact that Stephenville is a better all around team. I do not think anyone is claiming Stephenivlle is a world beater but Kilgore does not strike fear into anyone in Erath County. I wish WOS and Navasota were Big School so no one can say yea but they did not have to play so and so. I really thought coming into the year, Carthage was one team that would give the Jackets fits. After watching the Oline grow this year much better than last I think that will be quiet the task now.

If you were forced to pick one in D1 it would be someone besides Stephenville? Is that what you are contesting?

ctown81
11-07-2012, 12:58 PM
If you were forced to pick one in D1 it would be someone besides Stephenville? Is that what you are contesting?

i think you really misread his post big time. He's basically saying Stephenvile winning state would not surprise him at all but at the same time he doesn't think they are unbeatable.

vtskneb
11-07-2012, 01:04 PM
i think you really misread his post big time. He's basically saying Stephenvile winning state would not surprise him at all but at the same time he doesn't think they are unbeatable.

Well I guess but I think when read in context of my post he is saying that Stephenville is not his favorite to win. I agree I am not real clear about his response.

regaleagle
11-07-2012, 01:04 PM
Bottom line is when it became news that Wylie would be without some of their key starters because of injury, methinks at that point Stephenville's path became even that much easier in D1. I'm not certain exactly which players are out and won't be able to play....but it's my guess some of the Stephenville posters know that answer. It's just not looking that competitive in D1 period. I kinda wish Argyle was in D1, to tell you the truth. We'd be tickled pink to get a shot at Stephenville. Just the idea of having an opportunity to be in a position to "slay the giant" would get our boyz all worked up, I promise you. Argyle players are so teachable and good at making the adjustments that the coaches lay out for them from week to week and even from one half to the next. That's our history. And in my opinion you need a group of players that are both talented AND have an understanding of what the coaches are saying in the heat of the moment in order to beat a team like Stephenville. Just being a good team by itself isn't gonna be enough to beat this bunch.....you need a team that can as a group make those adjustments together to beat Stephenville.

Deuce
11-07-2012, 01:21 PM
Ville will be my pick to win it all, but I find it funny how some get so bent out of shape if a poster doesn't pick them to win it all. Reminds me of a few Wood posters a few years ago.

toddg
11-07-2012, 01:50 PM
Bottom line is when it became news that Wylie would be without some of their key starters because of injury, methinks at that point Stephenville's path became even that much easier in D1. I'm not certain exactly which players are out and won't be able to play....but it's my guess some of the Stephenville posters know that answer. It's just not looking that competitive in D1 period. I kinda wish Argyle was in D1, to tell you the truth. We'd be tickled pink to get a shot at Stephenville. Just the idea of having an opportunity to be in a position to "slay the giant" would get our boyz all worked up, I promise you. Argyle players are so teachable and good at making the adjustments that the coaches lay out for them from week to week and even from one half to the next. That's our history. And in my opinion you need a group of players that are both talented AND have an understanding of what the coaches are saying in the heat of the moment in order to beat a team like Stephenville. Just being a good team by itself isn't gonna be enough to beat this bunch.....you need a team that can as a group make those adjustments together to beat Stephenville.

you can be teachable and make all the right adjustments all you want, there is not a defense in 3A that can stop Stephenville's offense consistently..the only teams to do it last year were Midway and Aledo...one won state and the other gave LT all they wanted in state..until you see that offense up close and personal, you really dont understand or appreciate the execution and patience of that offense.

regaleagle
11-07-2012, 02:08 PM
YIKES!!! I don't like that set of words>>>>patience of the offense<<<< that sounds dangerous. Argyle is just the opposite in parts of our offense....we usually score off turnovers and quick-strike plays. We do have the capabilties of long sustained drives....you know, the ones that go 72 yds in 8 plays and took 3.5 minutes off the clock, lol. That's our LONG, CLOCK-KILLING drives this season. But I'm sure we could extend the time frames if needed against a team like Stephenville. But if a team needs to play catch-up, our team is the kind of team that could do that....kinda like a Glen Rose....but not exactly that way. We can score from anywhere on the field and on any given play. That's a little dangerous too. That's what I would define Argyle as against Stephenville>>>>>>a very dangerous team for them to play. Remember, the strength of our team is NOT our offense...... it's our defense.

toddg
11-07-2012, 02:36 PM
YIKES!!! I don't like that set of words>>>>patience of the offense<<<< that sounds dangerous. Argyle is just the opposite in parts of our offense....we usually score off turnovers and quick-strike plays. We do have the capabilties of long sustained drives....you know, the ones that go 72 yds in 8 plays and took 3.5 minutes off the clock, lol. That's our LONG, CLOCK-KILLING drives this season. But I'm sure we could extend the time frames if needed against a team like Stephenville. But if a team needs to play catch-up, our team is the kind of team that could do that....kinda like a Glen Rose....but not exactly that way. We can score from anywhere on the field and on any given play. That's a little dangerous too. That's what I would define Argyle as against Stephenville>>>>>>a very dangerous team for them to play. Remember, the strength of our team is NOT our offense...... it's our defense.

the kind of patience im talking about in relation to the Stephenville offense, is not sustained clock killing drives..its you are not going to suprise them or rattle them with some radical formation or elaborate blitz schem..the QB is cool under pressure...they are going to do what they do, and do it very well regardless of what you do..the execution is near flawless.

ctown81
11-07-2012, 04:24 PM
the kind of patience im talking about in relation to the Stephenville offense, is not sustained clock killing drives..its you are not going to suprise them or rattle them with some radical formation or elaborate blitz schem..the QB is cool under pressure...they are going to do what they do, and do it very well regardless of what you do..the execution is near flawless.

That's cool because this is what he will have to deal with from Carthage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35jdx6vInfk

Let me just get this out of the way. This is when he play for Elysian Fields. He got kicked off the team there and moved in with his mom who already lived in Carthage. No recruitment going on in Carthage.

vtskneb
11-07-2012, 04:30 PM

Let me just get this out of the way. This is when he play for Elysian Fields. He got kicked off the team there and moved in with his mom who already lived in Carthage. No recruitment going on in Carthage.

No need to defend him, especially at this point. I assume the move was vetted and any issues would have been brought up at this point. He seems like a very solid player. Where is he considering? Baylor needs a few stud d-linemen :)

ctown81
11-07-2012, 04:34 PM
No need to defend him, especially at this point. I assume the move was vetted and any issues would have been brought up at this point. He seems like a very solid player. Where is he considering? Baylor needs a few stud d-linemen :)

He received an offer from Baylor but gave his verbal to A&M. He also moonlights as a fullback on goal line play.

vtskneb
11-07-2012, 04:45 PM
That will make Sville smile.

Txbroadcaster
11-07-2012, 05:05 PM
I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt and using S2S logic in propping up the wins, I'll bite. La Vega is a team you thought had a shot, not only that you mocked Stephenville fans for thinking they would win on this forum. They lost by 3 touchdowns. You came out and said it was closer than the score, I guess that is your 3A rose colored glasses because it could have be 4 or 5. AW is not 4 touchdowns better this year than last, not if they running out what they had on the underclassmen squads out, besides the fact that Stephenville is a better all around team. I do not think anyone is claiming Stephenivlle is a world beater but Kilgore does not strike fear into anyone in Erath County. I wish WOS and Navasota were Big School so no one can say yea but they did not have to play so and so. I really thought coming into the year, Carthage was one team that would give the Jackets fits. After watching the Oline grow this year much better than last I think that will be quiet the task now.

What 3A rose colored glasses lol...why would it matter to me if the Ville won state or not? I saw the LaVega game and felt LaVega did some things real well agianst the Ville such as run with success all night

why do you think I have something agianst the ville? again I already said i would not be surprised if they win state, they have a team built for it...i just also would not be surprised if they did not.

my D-1 Pick is coming on our sat play off special

vtskneb
11-07-2012, 05:58 PM
What 3A rose colored glasses lol...why would it matter to me if the Ville won state or not? I saw the LaVega game and felt LaVega did some things real well agianst the Ville such as run with success all night

why do you think I have something agianst the ville? again I already said i would not be surprised if they win state, they have a team built for it...i just also would not be surprised if they did not.

my D-1 Pick is coming on our sat play off special

I am just using your information and words. I added 3A rose colored glasses for effect. I realize I asked an unanswerable question because of the show coming up. I do not think you care one way or the other ultimately who wins state, except for maybe your alma mater (I have no idea who that is). I made an assumption that Stephenville is a pick that most pundits will choose as their state champion, should they be forced to write in One winner. You obviously do not fit into that category, which is fine. I am not sure what your definition of "world beater" is or why it was brought to the discussion but you have perked my curiosity of who might fit this category. We are probably saying the same thing, just in a different way.

Txbroadcaster
11-07-2012, 06:20 PM
I am just using your information and words. I added 3A rose colored glasses for effect. I realize I asked an unanswerable question because of the show coming up. I do not think you care one way or the other ultimately who wins state, except for maybe your alma mater (I have no idea who that is). I made an assumption that Stephenville is a pick that most pundits will choose as their state champion, should they be forced to write in One winner. You obviously do not fit into that category, which is fine. I am not sure what your definition of "world beater" is or why it was brought to the discussion but you have perked my curiosity of who might fit this category. We are probably saying the same thing, just in a different way.

I am from Marshall...who right now could not beat a good 3A team LOL

and the Ville might be my pick...alot of it for me is too see how the brackets break down

bobcat1
11-07-2012, 08:36 PM
Good show. From the sound of it we need to play our 2nd string against Argyle to keep down on injuries so we can compete with Bridgeport in the playoffs. Thanks Terry. 21 points huh?

Grant I can see you feeding that girl cookies. :spitlol:

Ville-D
11-07-2012, 09:29 PM

I haven't heard of any injuries from AW. I hope this is not foreshadowing for what we might be hearing on Saturday Dec 1st. Also as far as injuries go... this season we have lost 2 starting linemen, 2 staring linebackers and a starting safety. Hopefully we get some of those back in the next few weeks, but several are out for the year.

Football is a game of attrition and from the looks of the starting rosters this year AW had more depth than we did.

Hope everybody stays healthy so there are no "if's"

Ville-D
11-07-2012, 09:32 PM
He got kicked off the team

nice...

ccmom
11-07-2012, 09:49 PM
I haven't heard of any injuries from AW. I hope this is not foreshadowing for what we might be hearing on Saturday Dec 1st. Also as far as injuries go... this season we have lost 2 starting linemen, 2 staring linebackers and a starting safety. Hopefully we get some of those back in the next few weeks, but several are out for the year.

Football is a game of attrition and from the looks of the starting rosters this year AW had more depth than we did.
Hope everybody stays healthy so there are no "if's"
The fact is, injuries are an unfortunate part of the game that every team has to deal with. I think the only reason ours got attention is because we had so many kids get hurt during the same night. That made getting ready for the next game particularly tricky. The players and coaches did what they needed to that week and every week since then and we have seen some young men step up in a big way. Clearly Sville must have had players do the same since y'all have lost some players, as well.

Anyway, I don't even know why regaleagle posted that. I seriously doubt that anyone in Sville has been closely tracking our injured players. Y'all are way to busy trash talking for all of that!!! :taunt:

regaleagle
11-07-2012, 10:02 PM
I'm trying to keep the Wylie team at the forefront in all the discussions going on in Region 1, lol. It's hard to get a word in edgewise that doesn't involve Stephenville, so I just incorporated them into my Wylie post. I was kinda hoping y'all would be at full strength to take on the Yellowjackets if you did meet in the playoffs. Naturally, since Argyle's only loss this season is to Wylie, we are on their bandwagon. :wave: :stirpot: :thumbsup:

83Indian
11-07-2012, 10:51 PM

Right........

hollywood
11-07-2012, 11:07 PM

Kid is a freakin man-child! Hi-lites of him look good, but the blocking in those videos sucks! He'll be tough to block no doubt, but that blocking, wow.

Ville-D
11-07-2012, 11:50 PM
He got kicked off the team there

What is the story?

defense51
11-08-2012, 01:20 AM
Kid is a freakin man-child! Hi-lites of him look good, but the blocking in those videos sucks! He'll be tough to block no doubt, but that blocking, wow.
I agree, I have a feeling the Stephenville O-line would do a much better job blocking him and containing those un-challenged rushes into the backfield.

defense51
11-08-2012, 01:20 AM
I agree, I have a feeling the Stephenville O-line would do a much better job blocking him and containing those un-challenged rushes into the backfield.

Gsquared
11-08-2012, 07:39 AM
You can say that again! Oh wait, you did :crazy1:

ctown81
11-08-2012, 10:02 PM

I wouldn't say unchallenged. Looks like he was just quicker and stronger. Will Stephenville do a better job? That's a definite yes. I'm just curious as to whether or not they will have to double team him or have someone who can take him 1 on 1. Keep in mind no one has been able to block him all year including 4a Whitehouse.

hollywood
11-08-2012, 11:30 PM
I wouldn't say unchallenged. Looks like he was just quicker and stronger. Will Stephenville do a better job? That's a definite yes. I'm just curious as to whether or not they will have to double team him or have someone who can take him 1 on 1. Keep in mind no one has been able to block him all year including 4a Whitehouse.

Sville's O-line avgs 6'2" 270 lbs. Manley is 6'4" 315... his last name says it all. And he's no fatty either. Allows Jones to sit in the pocket looking like Tom Brady picking apart defenses. Would be a great match up.

vtskneb
11-09-2012, 09:49 AM
I am from Marshall...who right now could not beat a good 3A team LOL

and the Ville might be my pick...alot of it for me is too see how the brackets break down

If Wylie is in fact as beat up as their posters are saying that is a tough break for them but good news for the rest of the region. Kilgore, at this point it would not surprise me to see them not make it out of their region. I think Carthage strolls to state. I will be interested in seeing your opinions of the brackets as you do have a better perspective state wide of teams. Perhaps I have my blue and gold beer goggles on and am stumbling into a trap game.

Is there really going to be a lot more shuffling of the brackets at this point? Maybe LaVega missing the playoffs altogether? That would make the bottom half of the bracket that much easier.