PDA

View Full Version : Some thoughts on Sinton

Matthew328
12-10-2001, 01:55 AM
Ok from the little bit that I have seen of the Pirates here is what I have come up with about them...on offense they look like they really like spreading the field and seeing if their guys can beat your guys one on one...so far it has worked...they also seem to use Marcus Charles kinda like Marshall Faulk and move him around and try to get him matched up on a backer...on D they are strong...they seem to like putting 8 or 9 guys in the box and dare people to throw on em..good speed and good size also...overall they seem to be well balanced well coached and disciplined...should be a great matchup the last 2 unbeaten teams left in 3A

SintonFan
12-10-2001, 04:00 AM
Seems like a good rundown on Sinton. Except the Marshal Faulk analogy. Are you sure your not a coach? Seriously, Sinton is alot like Everman when it comes to team distribution of the ball. One exception, Everman has at least six(SIX!!) good RBs, while Sinton has only maybe one. That sounds ridiculous just typing it. I still agree with you Matt, it should be a great matchup. I think Sinton's much better that Perryton, just how much we'll see. Matt, I hope to see you at College Station. BTW, I heard second hand, that coach Slocum was very interested in at least one of Sinton's players, for what it's worth. I'm know Everman has more than their fair share of Div. 1 interest.

MCAT
12-10-2001, 04:58 PM
charles and ruiz makes two. Ruiz killed bellville.

Matthew328
12-10-2001, 06:30 PM
Well I am not a coach but I am going to school to be one...LOL I am gonna be honest...I think if Sinton tries to spread the field on Everman they could be playing right into their hands...Everman has some of the best athletes in the state in 3A and they can more than matchup one on one with good recivers..they are big and fast...I think Sinton can move the ball if they go straight at Everman..Sinton's O-Line was impressive..defensively the way Sinton plays they could shut Everman's running game down but they could also get burned because of the sheer number of weapons Everman has on offense