View Full Version : Tamu @ bama

Saggy Aggie
11-06-2012, 01:01 PM
Homer pick:

A&M by 7.

What say you?

navscanmaster
11-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Hoping for a great effort and no self destruction by the Aggies. Come what may. No moral victories though, a loss still hurts.

GUNHO
11-06-2012, 01:26 PM
This could be a trap game for Bama.Has all the makings.

Old Tiger
11-06-2012, 01:28 PM
Would be nice for them to knock off Bama and Oregon, KSU, or ND win out that way no SEC team is in the MNC.

msu97
11-06-2012, 01:35 PM
if you think Aggies can win in Tuscaloosa then you are saying that Oregon is the best team in the country... Oregon is faster on offense and defense than ATM...
would love to see ATM win, but not going to happen... Bama by 10

Go Ducks

Aesculus gilmus
11-06-2012, 01:36 PM
If the Aggies don't win by at least three "Johnny" touchdowns, I'll be disappointed. I can't see how Alabama can stay on the field with them. SRSLY.

Sville
11-06-2012, 02:05 PM
I see this game going the way of the LSU game. I expect TAMU to start fast and maybe even be leading at the half. Bama will make the adjustments and slowly and methodically come back and put my Ags away. 31-21.

Macarthur
11-06-2012, 02:06 PM
I think the Aggies have a shot, especially if they don't turn the ball over.

msu97, do we know anything about Oregon's defense?

Saggy Aggie
11-06-2012, 02:13 PM
I think the Aggies have a shot, especially if they don't turn the ball over.

msu97, do we know anything about Oregon's defense?

Not much besides USC hung 50+ on them lol

HEMOTOXIC
11-06-2012, 02:18 PM
if you think Aggies can win in Tuscaloosa then you are saying that Oregon is the best team in the country... Oregon is faster on offense and defense than ATM...

Go Ducks

:fnypost:

Macarthur
11-06-2012, 02:21 PM
Not much besides USC hung 50+ on them lol

They also gave up 34 to Arkansas St.

BLEEDZGREEN
11-06-2012, 02:23 PM
Bama by 3tds @ least.

Macarthur
11-06-2012, 02:27 PM
Bama by 3tds @ least.

Would you care to expand on why you feel this way? Since A&M played two top 10 teams down to the wire, I'm curious why you think they will get blown out?

Txbroadcaster
11-06-2012, 02:46 PM
Would you care to expand on why you feel this way? Since A&M played two top 10 teams down to the wire, I'm curious why you think they will get blown out?

I kinda agree with him...i dont think florida and lsu is that good, and I think bama can impose their will on a&m all day long

BLEEDZGREEN
11-06-2012, 02:51 PM
They've only played one top 10 team down to the wire, Florida was #24 when they played and Florida is overrated with no offense. LSU is not that great either compared to the teams they have fielded in the past, the only reason the game was close this past week because it was a home and rivalry game. A&M will keep it close in the beginning but after that close call last week, Alabama will pull away in the 2nd half they are just that much better right now. A&M will be tough next year but they are not going into Tuscaloosa and pulling the upset, nothing against A&M this is just how I see it.

Macarthur
11-06-2012, 02:56 PM
They've only played one top 10 team down to the wire, Florida was #24 when they played and Florida is overrated with no offense. LSU is not that great either compared to the teams they have fielded in the past, the only reason the game was close this past week because it was a home and rivalry game. A&M will keep it close in the beginning but after that close call last week, Alabama will pull away in the 2nd half they are just that much better right now. A&M will be tough next year but they are not going into Tuscaloosa and pulling the upset, nothing against A&M this is just how I see it.

I don't have any issue with your prediction and it may very well happen that way, but I think your logic in how you get there is a bit flawed.

Florida's ranking at the time of that game is really not relevant. What is important now is that we know both teams were very good and Florida is a top 10 team. LSU may not be as good as years in the past, but what does that have to do with their ranking relative to the A&M game? LSU is still a top 10 team; that has nothing to do with last year.

Macarthur
11-06-2012, 02:57 PM
I kinda agree with him...i dont think florida and lsu is that good, and I think bama can impose their will on a&m all day long

Florida and LSU are not that good compared to what?!

HEMOTOXIC
11-06-2012, 03:00 PM

I guess that the whole SEC is not that good. Bama barely escapes Death Valley with a victory. So, Bama must not be that good either?

msu97
11-06-2012, 03:08 PM
USC probably has the best two recievers in the country... they will score on almost anyone... yes, Oregon was exposed, however, name a good offense in the SEC... Alabama has a good one, Tennessee has a good one, as do the Aggies... that is it... and yes Nav, the SEC is not that good... do you really think traveling to Vandy, tennessee, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Miss St, Auburn,Missouri, strike fear in people...
Georgia/Florida was horrible to watch... I have never seen offenses make that many mistakes... looked like jr high offenses out there...
there is not really one conference that is great... each one has great teams, and average teams, and terrible teams... the media loves the SEC, the computers love the Big 12...
what makes Florida and LSU good? Florida does have a great d, but their offense is deplorable... LSU is the same... is the only reason they are considered good is that they beat ATM?
ATM was an average team in the Big 12... and they are slightly above average in the SEC...
Alabama is clearly one of the top 3 teams in the nation and they are playing at home... if they were not one of the top 3 teams then you would not clearly think that ATM can beat them... that is my case...
There are only 4 really good teams this year... Bama, Oregon and KState... Notre Dame is the next best team... other than that, throw a hat around them...

Scoop27
11-06-2012, 03:12 PM
I was impressed with the Bama defense against LSU.They couldn't convert and LSU missed two field goals. Bama rush defense was excellent. If A&M has success passing the ball, they have a chance. I think Bama's offense can score a lot of points. May the best team win

BLEEDZGREEN
11-06-2012, 03:16 PM
I don't have any issue with your prediction and it may very well happen that way, but I think your logic in how you get there is a bit flawed.

Florida's ranking at the time of that game is really not relevant. What is important now is that we know both teams were very good and Florida is a top 10 team. LSU may not be as good as years in the past, but what does that have to do with their ranking relative to the A&M game? LSU is still a top 10 team; that has nothing to do with last year.
It seems you do have an issue with my prediction and it is relevant when you say they played 2 top ten teams down to the wire when there was is only 1. LSU to me doesn't deserve top ten ranking especially after barely getting by TOWSON and almost getting beat by a very down Auburn squad topped off with only scoring 6 in a loss to Florida which was #10 at the time. I could say the same about your logic in thinking they will win.

Macarthur
11-06-2012, 03:19 PM
and yes Nav, the SEC is not that good...

They've just won the last 6 MNC. You love to make the point that there aren't that many good offenses in the SEC, but I would counter that there aren't any defenses anywhere else in the country. One should not count more than the other.

Georgia/Florida was horrible to watch... I have never seen offenses make that many mistakes... looked like jr high offenses out there...

Ever think the defenses might have something to do with that?

what makes Florida and LSU good? Florida does have a great d, but their offense is deplorable... LSU is the same... is the only reason they are considered good is that they beat ATM?

You have a blind spot for defense. You assume that teams that don't score a lot of points have bad offenses and give no credit what so ever to defense.

There is a reason Florida and LSU are top ten TEAMS!

A team does consist of offense and defnese.

ATM was an average team in the Big 12... and they are slightly above average in the SEC...

Dude, this A&M team would clearly be at LEAST the 2nd best team in the Big 12 this year and would give KSU all they could handle.

Alabama is clearly one of the top 3 teams in the nation and they are playing at home... if they were not one of the top 3 teams then you would not clearly think that ATM can beat them... that is my case...

I have no idea what this means...

Macarthur
11-06-2012, 03:22 PM
It seems you do have an issue with my prediction and it is relevant when you say they played 2 top ten teams down to the wire when there was is only 1. LSU to me doesn't deserve top ten ranking especially after barely getting by TOWSON and almost getting beat by a very down Auburn squad topped off with only scoring 6 in a loss to Florida which was #10 at the time. I could say the same about your logic in thinking they will win.

Who's logic is flawed?

LSU doesn't deserve to be top 10 because YOU THINK so?!

And you need to get rid of this mindset that the quality of a team is determined by what they are ranked at any particular time. In 2000, OU entered the season unranked and won the national championship. By your logic, the teams early on their schedule didn't really play a good team.

msu97
11-06-2012, 03:27 PM
it means you have Aggie blinders on... ATM would not be the 2nd best team in the big 12 this year... they would lose at Tech, they always do, they would lose to OU, because they do... K State would beat them as well...

I know what good defenses look like... and I also know what a bad offense looks like... Florida has both... Georgia is awful... South Carolina would be alot better if Spurrier would just stick to anything...

all I am saying is, if you think that ATM would beat Bama in Bama, then Bama is not a top 3 team in the nation, how can an average 2 loss team come into Bama and beat them if Bama was that good? Saban is a great coach and Bama is a great team... Aggies will look good for a half then Bama will pull away handily... because Bama is that good...
and I will still contend that the SEC is not that good... Bama and LSU have won 4 of those... this is a bad year for LSU... Florida has not done anything since they lost their offense... Auburn was a flash in the pan... so you have two great SEC programs... and one of those is struggling this year...
like the Big 12... it is OU and texas... and Texas has been struggling...
the Pac 12, it is Oregon and USC...
but logic I guess is lost on you

msu97
11-06-2012, 03:29 PM
[QUOTE=Macarthur;1712405]Who's logic is flawed?

But they are a top 10 team because you think so? they have two losses... they are not that good... and truly, if Manziel plays a decent 2nd half they are a 3 loss team... LSU is not that good this year

msu97
11-06-2012, 03:30 PM
and before you get on here and say that the computers think that LSU is a top 10 team, remember that the computers have the Big 12 as the top conference...

BLEEDZGREEN
11-06-2012, 03:32 PM
it means you have Aggie blinders on... ATM would not be the 2nd best team in the big 12 this year... they would lose at Tech, they always do, they would lose to OU, because they do... K State would beat them as well...

I know what good defenses look like... and I also know what a bad offense looks like... Florida has both... Georgia is awful... South Carolina would be alot better if Spurrier would just stick to anything...

all I am saying is, if you think that ATM would beat Bama in Bama, then Bama is not a top 3 team in the nation, how can an average 2 loss team come into Bama and beat them if Bama was that good? Saban is a great coach and Bama is a great team... Aggies will look good for a half then Bama will pull away handily... because Bama is that good...
and I will still contend that the SEC is not that good... Bama and LSU have won 4 of those... this is a bad year for LSU... Florida has not done anything since they lost their offense... Auburn was a flash in the pan... so you have two great SEC programs... and one of those is struggling this year...

What he said!:2thumbsup
I'm done if I'm wrong I will come and eat my crow but if I'm right I expect the same thing from Macarthur. Laterzzz!!

Macarthur
11-06-2012, 03:34 PM
[QUOTE=Macarthur;1712405]Who's logic is flawed?

But they are a top 10 team because you think so? they have two losses... they are not that good... and truly, if Manziel plays a decent 2nd half they are a 3 loss team... LSU is not that good this year

The entire system says they are. I never said the Big 12 wasn't good. Don't try and make your biases mine. :)

1st and goal
11-06-2012, 03:36 PM
LSU and Florida both deserve top 10 rankings EASILY.

As far as the Aggies chances, I think it will be close unless the aggies D is on the field too long. Not enough depth at D. Watch Bama run and run to take advantage of this. If Aggie front 4 on D can stop the run early in Bama possessions, we stand a chance. Bama's O line will be the best we've seen all year IMO. Watch Ags strike quick on O. Turnovers in Ags favor could be the difference between a win and a 14 point loss. JMHO.

Anyone who disagrees with me needs a trip to Boystown 'cuz their so full of it they're about to pop. :)

Rabid Cougar
K-State only beat North Texas 35-21 (one KSU TD a KO return) and had only 20 total yards more in offense. North Texas held K-State to 3 plays in the First Qtr and its o-line dominated K-State d-line the entire game.
K-State has since pounded every Big12 team its played this year. Does that make UNT an above average Big 12 Team or K-State less than a Top 5 team? I don't think so.

Macarthur

If you are not even willing to acknowledge that this A&M team is very different and that program has gone a completely different direction, then there is no sense in us talking about it because you're not being reasonable.

And BTW, I'm not an Aggie so how can I have Aggie blinders on?

With all due respect, the rest of that is just rambling drivel. You may make a decent point in there, but it's so hard to read, I'm not even going to try.

coach
11-06-2012, 04:27 PM
Florida and LSU are not that good compared to what?!

tech and kansas

buff4ever
11-06-2012, 04:28 PM
Whoever earlier compared last years A&M team to this years, is jealous and trying to put a funny spin on things. A&M was on the VERGE of being good last year, and couldn't quite get over the hump. This year, Manziel being a big reason, A&M has gotten over that hump so far. I don't know if A&M will win this game, if they do it would be an upset by all purposes, but I think they can play this game close enough to pull it off. I think sumlin and staff will have a game plan put together that will get us up early. It will depend on the defense to hang on to it in my opinion.

Who ever is trying to say the Big 12 is as good as the SEC across the board, is on crack to say the least. The top 2 teams in the big 12 would probably be able to compete for 3rd through 5th spots in the SEC, and the remainder of the Big 12 would struggle to week to week.

coach
11-06-2012, 04:28 PM
when was the last time tech beat atm?

coach
11-06-2012, 04:30 PM
lol georgia ia awful... what a moron. theyd beat ut by 50.

Old Tiger
11-06-2012, 05:10 PM
Whoever earlier compared last years A&M team to this years, is jealous and trying to put a funny spin on things. A&M was on the VERGE of being good last year, and couldn't quite get over the hump. This year, Manziel being a big reason, A&M has gotten over that hump so far. I don't know if A&M will win this game, if they do it would be an upset by all purposes, but I think they can play this game close enough to pull it off. I think sumlin and staff will have a game plan put together that will get us up early. It will depend on the defense to hang on to it in my opinion.

Who ever is trying to say the Big 12 is as good as the SEC across the board, is on crack to say the least. The top 2 teams in the big 12 would probably be able to compete for 3rd through 5th spots in the SEC, and the remainder of the Big 12 would struggle to week to week.

Dude last year A&M was pre-season ranked #8 in AP and ranked #9 in coaches poll very well. This years A&M team was in the others receiving votes category. Nobody knew A&M would be as explosive as they are this year on offense and there was a lot more question marks.

buff4ever
11-06-2012, 05:28 PM
Dude last year A&M was pre-season ranked #8 in AP and ranked #9 in coaches poll very well. This years A&M team was in the others receiving votes category. Nobody knew A&M would be as explosive as they are this year on offense and there was a lot more question marks.

Are you arguing with me or agreeing with me old tiger. I know where A&M was ranked to start the year last year. I also know where they finished. My point was basically that Sherman was recruiting very well and had the athletes and the potential, but something was missing. This year, you throw in a Manziel and a coaching staff that seemingly knows how to fix the unknown problem that was there, and then you have this year's team playing like last years was expected to play. Once again, comparing last years team to this years team is not even reasonable with the way they play.

Once again, I am not really even sure if you were arguing, it didn't make sense to me.

hsbtex
11-06-2012, 08:12 PM
Remember when Oregon was averaging 54 points a game two years ago, and met auburn in the national championship?? BAM!! They scored 19 points. SEC will always own the pac12 and big 12. The SEC knows defense... and defense.... well, you the rest :)

msu97
11-07-2012, 07:55 AM

see this is dumb... UT, baylor, tech, would all have ATM's record had they played ATM schedule... the SEC is not that good... Bama and LSU are good... but not the SEC...

Old Tiger
11-07-2012, 08:20 AM
Remember when Oregon was averaging 54 points a game two years ago, and met auburn in the national championship?? BAM!! They scored 19 points. SEC will always own the pac12 and big 12. The SEC knows defense... and defense.... well, you the rest :)

Yeah that powerful SEC sure mopped the floor with Oregon that night winning 22-19.

pancho villa
11-07-2012, 08:47 AM
Let me explain it to y'all!

SEC plays great Def. others don't.
Johnny Football is doing well, however the A@M Def. is the real diference this year.
Oh yeah did I say the SEC plays Def!!!!!!
Ducks=NO Def! K-State not bad D, ND good Def. Alabama=maybe as good as the Texans on D!

hsbtex
11-07-2012, 08:59 AM
USC probably has the best two recievers in the country... they will score on almost anyone... yes, Oregon was exposed, however, name a good offense in the SEC... Alabama has a good one, Tennessee has a good one, as do the Aggies... that is it... and yes Nav, the SEC is not that good... do you really think traveling to Vandy, tennessee, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Miss St, Auburn,Missouri, strike fear in people...
there is not really one conference that is great... each one has great teams, and average teams, and terrible teams... the media loves the SEC, the computers love the Big 12...
There are only 4 really good teams this year... Bama, Oregon and KState... Notre Dame is the next best team... other than that, throw a hat around them...

Yeah that powerful SEC sure mopped the floor with Oregon that night winning 22-19.

Hey smartie... who won the game? And while your at it, who has won the last 6 NC's?

Old Tiger
11-07-2012, 09:10 AM
Hey smartie... who won the game? And while your at it, who has won the last 6 NC's?

And about owning the Big 12 and such....Texas owns the SEC

Texas vs SEC all-time 35-16-2

Texas vs SEC in bowls 11-7-1 (60.5%)

Add A&M and Missouri

127-59-7 all-time

12-7-1 in bowls

Vs Individual team

7-1-1 v Alabama
56-21 v Arkansas
5-3 v Auburn
2-0-1 v Florida
3-1 v Georgia
1-0 v Kentucky
9-7-1 v LSU
6-1 v Mississippi
2-2 v Mississippi State
17-6 v Missouri
0-1 v South Carolina
2-1 v Tennessee
76-37-5 v Texas A&M
3-8-1 v Vanderbilt (all games predate the SEC)

oldtownag
11-07-2012, 09:18 AM

Add A&M and Missouri

127-59-7 all-time

12-7-1 in bowls

Vs Individual team

7-1-1 v Alabama
56-21 v Arkansas
5-3 v Auburn
2-0-1 v Florida
3-1 v Georgia
1-0 v Kentucky
9-7-1 v LSU
6-1 v Mississippi
2-2 v Mississippi State
17-6 v Missouri
0-1 v South Carolina
2-1 v Tennessee
76-37-5 v Texas A&M

Dang, that was alot of work. Congrats on the history.

Now could you rework those numbers since you have been alive?

LHPfactory
11-07-2012, 09:28 AM

Go Ducks

No, they look faster because of who they are playing, SEC football speed is with out a doubt the fastest in the nation.

hsbtex
11-07-2012, 09:37 AM
Dang, that was alot of work. Congrats on the history.

Now could you rework those numbers since you have been alive?

Laughing!!!! Couldn't have said it better myself!! If i wore orange and white....i would be living in the past too! You didn't answer the questions tigger...who won the game...and the last 6 NC's?

Buff42
11-07-2012, 09:52 AM
Can't believe I'm fixing to say this.............Go get 'em MacArthur.

This thread has gotten way too cerebral for it's own good. Some of you people need to get a life if you have time to do all that research. You're obviously not working or adding value to our society as a whole with productive work.

As for me, I just hope A&M beats the spread. Or even stays close to the spread. I don't care what anyone on here says, or does hours of research trying to rationalize their viewpoint, the SEC is THE dominant conference in FBS at this point in time. That is undisputable. I'm proud of A&M for being competitive so far, but I'm enough of a realist to know the true test comes against Bama this weekend. And, before you jump on the obvious opening I created by saying that, no- the outcome of this one game is not some sort of epiphany on A&M's future. It's one game, A&M has already exceeded everyone's expectations this year, whether you are a hater or the most die hard OLD ARMY fan.

The rest of whatever is said about how great tu and the Big 12 are is just crap and deep down inside everyone knows it, whether they will say it out loud or not. Same goes for Notre Dame and Oregon to a lesser extent.

Now go back to work, we're all going to have a lot of taxes to pay over the next four years.

Macarthur
11-07-2012, 09:54 AM

Add A&M and Missouri

127-59-7 all-time

12-7-1 in bowls

Vs Individual team

7-1-1 v Alabama
56-21 v Arkansas
5-3 v Auburn
2-0-1 v Florida
3-1 v Georgia
1-0 v Kentucky
9-7-1 v LSU
6-1 v Mississippi
2-2 v Mississippi State
17-6 v Missouri
0-1 v South Carolina
2-1 v Tennessee
76-37-5 v Texas A&M

I always see these number thrown out by UT fans and none of them ever seem to make the distinction based on the modern era of College football. Now, that is also subjective. Some say it's post WWII, and some would even argue that scholarship limits imposed in 1973 are really when the playing field was leveled.

I will say this, if you look at records since the playing field in college sports was leveled, UT does not have that huge winning % over teams that they did the first half of the 20th century. And if you don't think that's significant, you need to do some research and really look at the history of college sports. It was very shady; a school like UT, OSU, Penn St, could literally give a scholarship to every top player in the state just to keep them from going to other schools in the conference knowing full well those kids would never see the field.

If you want to know why UT won virtually every game they played prior to WWII, it doesn't take much work or research to figure it out. They could offer as many scholarhips to as many kids as they want.

Txbroadcaster
11-07-2012, 10:01 AM
I always see these number thrown out by UT fans and none of them ever seem to make the distinction based on the modern era of College football. Now, that is also subjective. Some say it's post WWII, and some would even argue that scholarship limits imposed in 1973 are really when the playing field was leveled.

I will say this, if you look at records since the playing field in college sports was leveled, UT does not have that huge winning % over teams that they did the first half of the 20th century. And if you don't think that's significant, you need to do some research and really look at the history of college sports. It was very shady; a school like UT, OSU, Penn St, could literally give a scholarship to every top player in the state just to keep them from going to other schools in the conference knowing full well those kids would never see the field.

If you want to know why UT won virtually every game they played prior to WWII, it doesn't take much work or research to figure it out. They could offer as many scholarhips to as many kids as they want.

Just to be clear..Texas was not a national force until Royal became the coach and did not win first title until 63...they were not even close to being a national power before WWII

Buff42
11-07-2012, 10:05 AM

Mac- clean out your PM box

Macarthur
11-07-2012, 10:05 AM
Just to be clear..Texas was not a national force until Royal became the coach and did not win first title until 63...they were not even close to being a national power before WWII

Which really begs the question of why given their tremendous resources and scholarship/recruiting advantages over the years.

hsbtex
11-07-2012, 10:21 AM
Which really begs the question of why given their tremendous resources and scholarship/recruiting advantages over the years.

Amen!

Txbroadcaster
11-07-2012, 10:37 AM

what era are you talking about?

Macarthur
11-07-2012, 10:46 AM
what era are you talking about?

Frankly both. It is incredible that the 2nd most wins in the history of college football has only 4 MNC.

hsbtex
11-07-2012, 10:47 AM
Can't believe I'm fixing to say this.............Go get 'em MacArthur.

This thread has gotten way too cerebral for it's own good. Some of you people need to get a life if you have time to do all that research. You're obviously not working or adding value to our society as a whole with productive work.

As for me, I just hope A&M beats the spread. Or even stays close to the spread. I don't care what anyone on here says, or does hours of research trying to rationalize their viewpoint, the SEC is THE dominant conference in FBS at this point in time. That is undisputable. I'm proud of A&M for being competitive so far, but I'm enough of a realist to know the true test comes against Bama this weekend. And, before you jump on the obvious opening I created by saying that, no- the outcome of this one game is not some sort of epiphany on A&M's future. It's one game, A&M has already exceeded everyone's expectations this year, whether you are a hater or the most die hard OLD ARMY fan.

The rest of whatever is said about how great tu and the Big 12 are is just crap and deep down inside everyone knows it, whether they will say it out loud or not. Same goes for Notre Dame and Oregon to a lesser extent.

Now go back to work, we're all going to have a lot of taxes to pay over the next four years.
No kidding. Liberals can't even spell hyperinflation... much less know the meaning. I think if they did they wouldn't vote the way they do.

Txbroadcaster
11-07-2012, 10:53 AM
Frankly both. It is incredible that the 2nd most wins in the history of college football has only 4 MNC.

I cant say why before WWII texas did not win more...maybe they were not into football as much as we are now so they did not put all the resources into it

honestly I think the win thing is because of the SWC...we all like to talk about how awesome it was but at the end of the day it usually was two good teams and the rest were subpar year after year...who was the two teams changed year in and year out except for UT, they were always one of them...so basically they were almost guaranteed 8-2,9-1 with a 10-0 mixed in there every so few years...sometimes they finshed those seasons and sometimes they lost in the bowl game

Txbroadcaster
11-07-2012, 10:55 AM
No kidding. Liberals can't even spell hyperinflation... much less know the meaning. I think if they did they wouldn't vote the way they do.

really??? what does political affilation have to do with anything on this thread?

ccmom
11-07-2012, 11:00 AM

puhhleeeaaassseeee....:rolleyes:

hsbtex
11-07-2012, 11:08 AM
really??? what does political affilation have to do with anything on this thread?
Yes...really!!! I was commenting on buff42's comment. Stay focused on your discussion with MacArthur... he's winning you know

hsbtex
11-07-2012, 11:09 AM
puhhleeeaaassseeee....:rolleyes:
Yesssss!!!! Pleeeaaassseee!

Macarthur
11-07-2012, 11:09 AM
I cant say why before WWII texas did not win more...maybe they were not into football as much as we are now so they did not put all the resources into it

honestly I think the win thing is because of the SWC...we all like to talk about how awesome it was but at the end of the day it usually was two good teams and the rest were subpar year after year...who was the two teams changed year in and year out except for UT, they were always one of them...so basically they were almost guaranteed 8-2,9-1 with a 10-0 mixed in there every so few years...sometimes they finshed those seasons and sometimes they lost in the bowl game

I think the fact that the SWC usually always had a couple of really strong teams is a decent point. I still think that if you asked the average college fan how many MNC UT has won, most would be surprised it's only 4.

Txbroadcaster
11-07-2012, 11:38 AM
Yes...really!!! I was commenting on buff42's comment. Stay focused on your discussion with MacArthur... he's winning you know

winning what?!?! LOL...neither one of us debate to win a thing, we give info

Txbroadcaster
11-07-2012, 11:40 AM
I think the fact that the SWC usually always had a couple of really strong teams is a decent point. I still think that if you asked the average college fan how many MNC UT has won, most would be surprised it's only 4.

i agree...but u look a UT and see they had 2-3 other chances to win a title and did not..after Akers Texas had choices in their coaches thatthe time made sense but when looking back it was a mistake

1st and goal
11-07-2012, 02:10 PM
I know what I'll be doing Sat at 2:30.....just hoping its a close one. Or a blowout in our favor. :)

rojosgirl
11-07-2012, 03:49 PM
I think it will be a good one and I'm looking forward to it. Sure would like to see a blowout by the Aggies. What would Bear Bryant say? Hope Johnny Football has another great game. :clap:

FB-fanatic
11-07-2012, 05:53 PM
I think it will be a good one and I'm looking forward to it. Sure would like to see a blowout by the Aggies. What would Bear Bryant say? Hope Johnny Football has another great game. :clap:
I saw the stats this weekend on Johnny football and 3 other NCAA qb's who lead their respective teams in both passing yards and rushing yards. My boy is sitting at 1250/1205. Usually qb's are not so heavy on the rushing side. Not bad company to be in.

lbjacj
11-07-2012, 11:09 PM
Let me explain it to y'all!

SEC plays great Def. others don't.
Johnny Football is doing well, however the A@M Def. is the real diference this year.
Oh yeah did I say the SEC plays Def!!!!!!
Ducks=NO Def! K-State not bad D, ND good Def. Alabama=maybe as good as the Texans on D!

Thanks!;)

pancho villa
11-08-2012, 10:13 AM
Anyone from Texas not pulling for the Aggies over Bama, is either from Ingleside, or sips wine with their pinky finger sticking out!!!!!!

Saggy Aggie
11-08-2012, 10:15 AM
I saw the stats this weekend on Johnny football and 3 other NCAA qb's who lead their respective teams in both passing yards and rushing yards. My boy is sitting at 1250/1205. Usually qb's are not so heavy on the rushing side. Not bad company to be in.

Wait... What?

Manziel has like 2500 yds passing and 900 or so rushing?!?

FB-fanatic
11-08-2012, 02:26 PM
Wait... What?

Sorry, by my boy, I meant my son. I've been a little paranoid that when someone sees 1400 or 1500 yards rushing at the end of a year, that qb ends up getting labeled a running back or wildcat. By Manziel doing it, it legitimizes it.

FB-fanatic
11-08-2012, 02:50 PM
Wait... What?

Interesting. Manziels senior year he had 3500 passing / 1700 rushing. But his junior year was only 580 passing / 437 rushing. Can that be right. They went 7-3 his junior year.

buff4ever
11-08-2012, 04:32 PM
What is respectable for the aggies in this game? To stay within 17 or 10? I think they will play with Alabama, but will have to strike early and cause more than one turnover in order to think about winning this upset. That is how I realistically see this one. Pulling for the upset here, just know that it is an upset.

OldBison75
11-08-2012, 05:18 PM
Buff, you are absolutely correct, it would be an upset for the Aggies to beat Alabama. However, I think that the type team the Aggies have will cause some problems for the Bama Boys. If the Aggies limit mistakes and get a turnover or two to go their way, who knows!!!!

hsbtex
11-08-2012, 06:57 PM
What is respectable for the aggies in this game? To stay within 17 or 10? I think they will play with Alabama, but will have to strike early and cause more than one turnover in order to think about winning this upset. That is how I realistically see this one. Pulling for the upset here, just know that it is an upset.

I know. Two turnovers, and we hang on to the ball, and we just might have the team to do this!

NastySlot
11-08-2012, 09:01 PM
Interesting. Manziels senior year he had 3500 passing / 1700 rushing. But his junior year was only 580 passing / 437 rushing. Can that be right. They went 7-3 his junior year.

Not too sure about the stats will ask a buddy of mine but I believe Johnny's soph/jr years they were semi finalist and his senior lost to LT in region final.

not even sure if he was the full time starter his jr season at the q (might soph year I m thinking about).....he played q, rec, and rb.

i do think it might of been his junior year they started out 0-2 might of lost four in the regular season...like Roosvelt, Wagner and I think San Marcos and Alamo Hts....

NastySlot
11-08-2012, 11:06 PM

this was sent to me...his stats are mentioned
http://www.maxpreps.com/news/b88Ct8SzCku4jEGSL6F5Gw/college-football-watch--johnny-manziel-at-texas-aandm-by-way-of-tivy.htm

pancho villa
11-09-2012, 09:01 AM
If there is a running back lined up next to Johnny most of the game they have a chance to win!!!
If Johnny is in the backfield by himself (like LSU) they lose.

Buff42
11-09-2012, 10:27 AM
I really hope we just keep it close and play a good game. Whatever happens, it's still just one game in a season that has already exceeded my expectations big time. I think it has been way better than anyone else thought it would be too. So, whether we pull off the upset, play Bama close, or get blown out, it is not a mandate for the season. All the haters will try to paint it as the defining moment of the season, but I just don't see that as the case.

Now, with all that crap said, BTHO Alabama. A&M, give us room!

Saggy Aggie
11-10-2012, 08:59 PM
Where's big country?

zebrablue2
11-10-2012, 09:19 PM
Woop, way to go AGS:2thumbsup

Roughneck93
11-10-2012, 09:22 PM
That was a great game.

Congrats to A&M!

1st and goal
11-10-2012, 09:47 PM
Where's big country?

I heard he was in the feminine napkin aisle at Walmart.

hsbtex
11-11-2012, 10:20 AM
I heard he was in the feminine napkin aisle at Walmart.

Laughing!!!

hookandladder
11-11-2012, 12:25 PM
Great to see a former middle of the pack Big 12 team do well in the Big SEC, the Big 12 spread teams have no chance against the mighty SEC defenses. Think I remember most people saying this , over and over. ATM has finally found them some coaches that know how to win close games.

Aesculus gilmus
11-11-2012, 12:48 PM
If the Aggies don't win by at least three "Johnny" touchdowns, I'll be disappointed. I can't see how Alabama can stay on the field with them. SRSLY.

In quoting myself from last Tuesday, I AM disappointed. If it had just ended after the first quarter, I'd have been TOTALLY right.

44INAROW
11-11-2012, 12:48 PM
I agree Hook.... We listened to the game on the radio on the road and those are some enthusiastic announcers for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

NastySlot
11-11-2012, 01:38 PM
Great to see a former middle of the pack Big 12 team do well in the Big SEC, the Big 12 spread teams have no chance against the mighty SEC defenses. Think I remember most people saying this , over and over. ATM has finally found them some coaches that know how to win close games.
I agree with the coach part but difference in the spread is a duel threat Q like the aggies have. Middle of the pack were the old aggies college statIon hasn t seen a team like this since the break up of the old swc and early big xii and not sure if that is an accurate statement. The combo s of new leadership, excitement of the new conference and the attitude of the players is amazing.

hookandladder
11-11-2012, 02:07 PM
I agree with the coach part but difference in the spread is a duel threat Q like the aggies have. Middle of the pack were the old aggies college statIon hasn t seen a team like this since the break up of the old swc and early big xii and not sure if that is an accurate statement. The combo s of new leadership, excitement of the new conference and the attitude of the players is amazing.

The NC game last year with Alabama -LSU was about as boring as it gets, this game just shows you OSU would have had sucess last year against both of the SEC teams. Pitiful matchup last year, only good thing I got out of going was Bourbon Street and the party.

hsbtex
11-11-2012, 04:37 PM
The NC game last year with Alabama -LSU was about as boring as it gets, this game just shows you OSU would have had sucess last year against both of the SEC teams. Pitiful matchup last year, only good thing I got out of going was Bourbon Street and the party.

But Hook, they were the two best teams in the nation. And how can you say that about OSU...they were doing that against some of the worst defenses in the nation. The same argument comes from Oregon people, but again...against the worst defenses in the nation. You saw what happened to them when they played Auburn and Alabama.

And oh yeah...Gig Em!!!!!!!!

hookandladder
11-11-2012, 09:07 PM
But Hook, they were the two best teams in the nation. And how can you say that about OSU...they were doing that against some of the worst defenses in the nation. The same argument comes from Oregon people, but again...against the worst defenses in the nation. You saw what happened to them when they played Auburn and Alabama.

And oh yeah...Gig Em!!!!!!!!

They were the best that the SEC had to offer , not the best in the Nation. Pitiful that the season came down to that kind of politics, no way a one loss team should have played in front of an undeated team. Thanks to ATM this year that will most likely not happen, ATM just set the Big 12 up to play for it this year. Thanks ATM.

1st and goal
11-11-2012, 09:13 PM
They were the best that the SEC had to offer , not the best in the Nation. Pitiful that the season came down to that kind of politics, no way a one loss team should have played in front of an undeated team. Thanks to ATM this year that will most likely not happen, ATM just set the Big 12 up to play for it this year. Thanks ATM.

I maybe still in the clouds a bit, but I feel A&M could beat K State. I just think they are rolling right now. Just a kicker away from being SEC west champs.

hookandladder
11-11-2012, 09:45 PM
I maybe still in the clouds a bit, but I feel A&M could beat K State. I just think they are rolling right now. Just a kicker away from being SEC west champs.

Do not think you will get a chance to play K State , you have a better chance at playing Texas in the Cotton.

Football fan
11-11-2012, 09:50 PM
Easy to find the whiny, self important Texas fans on these threads. The SEC has won what, 6 NC's in a row but politics are the reason Alabama won the MNC?

Win some head to heads and you can bitch.

And anyone who thinks that Manziel has not made A&M an infinitely better team than the middle of the pack team that was in the Big XII is clearly biased.

icu812
11-11-2012, 11:13 PM
Its funny how some Big12 fans are suddenly claiming the Aggies as one their own in an effort to prove their team could play with Bama. Texas A&M has a new coaching staff with a new system and a stud at QB. They aren't last years team, they are a new power in the SEC. I don't see any Big12 team capable of beating Bama with the possible exception of K state. I wish that wasnt the case though. With all the talent in the state, great facilities and fan bases several TX schools should be competing every year for the NC. Anyway, congratulations to the Aggies. They made a great decision hiring Sumlin and in going to the SEC. With that win and that QB it sets Sumlin up to recruit players who fit his system. The Aggies have a chance of being the best college football team in the state of Texas for years to come. Just my opinion as a fan of college football in Texas who isn't blinded by colored glasses or hatred of any team.

hsbtex
11-12-2012, 04:40 AM

Ummm...they were the two best teams, playing in a conference that is on a different level than anyone else. You can not penalize a team with one loss, playing in the undeniably toughest conference...which is why Alabama has another championship trophy. You orange and white/big 12 faithful have to win some head to head matchups before you can start arguing.

hsbtex
11-12-2012, 04:47 AM
Its funny how some Big12 fans are suddenly claiming the Aggies as one their own in an effort to prove their team could play with Bama. Texas A&M has a new coaching staff with a new system and a stud at QB. They aren't last years team, they are a new power in the SEC. I don't see any Big12 team capable of beating Bama with the possible exception of K state. I wish that wasnt the case though. With all the talent in the state, great facilities and fan bases several TX schools should be competing every year for the NC. Anyway, congratulations to the Aggies. They made a great decision hiring Sumlin and in going to the SEC. With that win and that QB it sets Sumlin up to recruit players who fit his system. The Aggies have a chance of being the best college football team in the state of Texas for years to come. Just my opinion as a fan of college football in Texas who isn't blinded by colored glasses or hatred of any team.

Isn't that the truth! It was hysterical reading the Austin Statesman with that same claim. I really do feel sorry for them...that they have come to that. It speaks for itself looking at the BCS top ten...oh the poor big 12 :)

hookandladder
11-12-2012, 07:05 AM
Ummm...they were the two best teams, playing in a conference that is on a different level than anyone else. You can not penalize a team with one loss, playing in the undeniably toughest conference...which is why Alabama has another championship trophy. You orange and white/big 12 faithful have to win some head to head matchups before you can start arguing.

Win some head to head matchups, that some funny **** right there coming from a team that just won their first real matchup. Funny but Typical ATM.

Rabid Cougar
11-12-2012, 09:19 AM
Win some head to head matchups, that some funny **** right there coming from a team that just won their first real matchup. Funny but Typical ATM.

Go play with the Okies.

Football fan
11-12-2012, 09:59 AM
It's funny how buying a burnt orange t shirt at Wal Mart can turn people into condescending a holes.

ccmom
11-12-2012, 10:03 AM
It's funny how buying a burnt orange t shirt at Wal Mart can turn people into condescending a holes.

This post is an example of one of the reasons that college football threads get closed. :rolleyes:

Oh and welcome to the board.

Buff42
11-12-2012, 10:05 AM
WOW. All you tshirt teasips need to start a thread about getting rid of Mack Brown or how the Longhorny Network interferes with football practice. A&M would donkey stomp the beejeebers out of tu this year and you know it. Quit trying to vaildate OUR win as a rationalization why the Big 12 is great and unappreciated.

That's funny but typical teasip right there. A&M- GIVE US ROOM. Whooooooppppp.......

Buff42
11-12-2012, 10:06 AM

:iagree: :stirpot:

Macarthur
11-12-2012, 10:10 AM
This post is an example of one of the reasons that college football threads get closed. :rolleyes:

Oh and welcome to the board.

Nevermind that he's actually right.

ccmom
11-12-2012, 10:20 AM

I agree with the sentiment, just don't care for the name calling.

Buff42
11-12-2012, 10:24 AM
I agree with the sentiment, just don't care for the name calling.

Then I would suggest a quick lap around the threads on here to see how much name calling is directed at A&M, not from A&M fans. Trust me, we receive a lot more manure that we dish out. Don't make this one sided, please.

buff4ever
11-12-2012, 10:27 AM

funny and I agree.

ccmom
11-12-2012, 10:31 AM
Then I would suggest a quick lap around the threads on here to see how much name calling is directed at A&M, not from A&M fans. Trust me, we receive a lot more manure that we dish out. Don't make this one sided, please.

LMAO....I am married to an Aggie (Class of 93). If I was ever going to be on "one side", it sure wouldn't be the burnt orange side. My point was that when the name calling goes back and forth, the threads get closed. That's all. Whatever :rolleyes:

pirate4state
11-12-2012, 10:47 AM
Let A&M enjoy their time in the sun. :wave:

buff4ever
11-12-2012, 12:45 PM
Let A&M enjoy their time in the sun. :wave:

I agree, we have been in the shad since the late 90s.

However, would like to think that new success and a conference will have us looking good for some time to come.

pancho villa
11-12-2012, 02:00 PM
Gig em Aggies Whoop! tu is wierd!

1st and goal
11-12-2012, 02:01 PM
Do not think you will get a chance to play K State , you have a better chance at playing Texas in the Cotton.

And that is sad, but I do feel that LSU, Alabama, Florida(if QB is back), and even Georgia in that order could give Kstate all they wanted in a game. Maybe Texas will beat them (KS).......naah what was I thinking. Playoff needed.

hollywood
11-12-2012, 02:08 PM

Good post. I agree the majority of your post. But, Oklahoma, Texas, and K-state would all have a shot at beating Tamu on any given day.

hollywood
11-12-2012, 02:11 PM
tu is wierd! True, but the Univeristy of Texas isn't any more weird than any other university.

Saggy Aggie
11-12-2012, 02:20 PM
Good post. I agree the majority of your post. But, Oklahoma, Texas, and K-state would all have a shot at beating Tamu on any given day.

A&m would lay a pretty thorough beatdown on Texas this year. It takes a REALLY stout D to slow a&m down and we've all seen the defense Texas is fielding this year. Nothing short of pathetic. A&m would have at least 40 pts by halftime

navscanmaster
11-12-2012, 02:21 PM
Lol at this thread. Where have all the horn posters gone, and why aren't the Ags getting their butts handed to them?

Old Tiger
11-12-2012, 02:21 PM
A&m would lay a pretty thorough beatdown on Texas this year. It takes a REALLY stout D to slow a&m down and we've all seen the defense Texas is fielding this year. Nothing short of pathetic. A&m would have at least 40 pts by halftime

If the Texas D plays up to their potential they are one of the best in the country. So far this year they haven't. These last two weeks they have shown a lot of upside though. They might get even better in these last two games.

NastySlot
11-12-2012, 02:55 PM
If the Texas D plays up to their potential they are one of the best in the country. So far this year they haven't. These last two weeks they have shown a lot of upside though. They might get even better in these last two games.

Don t often agree with much you have to say but Texas has a very good defense and has had it the entire season. Problem early was a little ego and coaching. Mack has stepped in to fix the defense and I think they also caught up to the speed of the game/spread offenses. Playing WVa and Baylor early was like pitchers being ahead hitter s early in a season. Humbled I think horns d woke up and worked hard to improve. Said in a post last week they could win out even v. K state.....and I know k state has given the horns fits for ever.
Idk I could be wrong

Aesculus gilmus
11-13-2012, 09:11 AM
True, but the Univeristy of Texas isn't any more weird than any other university.

I thought he was referring to Tennessee University, which is the only "TU" they are going to be playing in the SEC.

Aesculus gilmus
11-13-2012, 09:19 AM
Lol at this thread. Where have all the horn posters gone, and why aren't the Ags getting their butts handed to them?

I am a Longhorn and I called this last week. At the time most of the Aggie posters on here were writing off this game and looking forward to playing lowly Texas in the Cotton Bowl.

11-06-2012, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Aesculus gilmus

Rabid Cougar
11-13-2012, 11:30 AM
Aggies win out it is the Fiesta Bowl vs ND or Oklahoma. BCS Bowl, not bad.

Old Tiger
11-13-2012, 06:13 PM
Aggies win out it is the Fiesta Bowl vs ND or Oklahoma. BCS Bowl, not bad.They better hope they get chosen over Georgia, Florida, or LSU.

Only two teams from the same conference can make a BCS bowl by rule.

Bama will get one BCS bid for the SEC. I believe either Florida or Georgia will get the other.

BEAST
11-14-2012, 04:49 PM
They better hope they get chosen over Georgia, Florida, or LSU.

Bama will get one BCS bid for the SEC. I believe either Florida or Georgia will get the other.

It really depends on how the TV guys see it. Its all about $ and ratings. With the way A&M is playing right now, plus the buzz Johnny Football brings, I think A&M would be the smarter choice.

BEAST

Saggy Aggie
11-14-2012, 05:22 PM
They better hope they get chosen over Georgia, Florida, or LSU.

Georgia is gonna lose to Bama so that's gonna take them out of it.

Hopefully Florida loses to FSU and I think it's likely that a&m will get picked over the others anyways because a&m is going to draw a bigger audience

Rabid Cougar
11-14-2012, 08:28 PM
BSC show went through the scenario on Sunday. A&M is the SEC team futherest West. Big fan base. Most dynamic player in college game. Will have no trouble selling tickets to the unattached fan and sell out school allotment.

Buff42
11-14-2012, 09:57 PM
True, but the Univeristy of Texas isn't any more weird than any other university.

That's crap and you know it.

Buff42
11-14-2012, 09:58 PM

:lies: :fnypost: