PDA

View Full Version : Region IV Week 10 GotW: La Grange(8-1) Vs. Cuero(4-5)

Pudlugger
11-03-2012, 08:10 AM
The Leps have clinched the first place spot in the playoffs but must face a charged up Gobbler team playing for their own spot Friday at home. Can the Gobblers continue to roll? Will the Leps remained focused and determined to keep the winning streak alive heading into the playoffs? We shall see.

YTBulldogs
11-03-2012, 12:07 PM
I just hope LG play's it out. Go LG!!!! A undefeated district record should mean something to them.

LG 35
Cuero 34

Another 1-pointer for ya Pud and Hook.

Pudlugger
11-03-2012, 12:41 PM
I just hope LG play's it out. Go LG!!!! A undefeated district record should mean something to them.

LG 35
Cuero 34

Another 1-pointer for ya Pud and Hook.

I would happily take another 1 point win if necessary. Cuero is going to be very hard to beat. Our offense was sputtering some probably due to personnel changes and lack of focus. We had too many penalties and turnovers. Hopefully these problems will have been resolved by game time Friday and the Leps will regain momentum going into the play offs. I realize Yoakum needs the Leps to win and we will certainly try our best to do so. Cuero on the other hand will be pumped so it will not be easy. Good luck against Giddings I think your Bulldogs can win that one if they play like they did last night.

BigGreen61
11-03-2012, 03:38 PM
Like I said earlier in the season some one was going to pay for picking us last in district. No talking this week jus ask GZ. This won't be no nailbiter this week I promise you posters.

Pudlugger
11-03-2012, 03:52 PM
Like I said earlier in the season some one was going to pay for picking us last in district. No talking this week jus ask GZ. This won't be no nailbiter this week I promise you posters.

i hear you BigGreen. The leps will need to play their best to get a win in Cuero. The Gobblers are playing like they are possessed. We better bring an exorcist along with our regular coaching crew.

BigGreen61
11-03-2012, 05:26 PM
i hear you BigGreen. The leps will need to play their best to get a win in Cuero. The Gobblers are playing like they are possessed. We better bring an exorcist along with our regular coaching crew.
I heard LG used alot of trick plays to win there nailbiter. Good luck to the Leps.

Pudlugger
11-03-2012, 06:05 PM
I heard LG used alot of trick plays to win there nailbiter. Good luck to the Leps.

Yeah we're the Wizards.

YTBulldogs
11-03-2012, 06:16 PM

No tricks, just some smart play calling and we didn't make the plays needed to counter. Bottom line, win however one can, and LG did. All we can do is our part Friday and win, and hope LG takes it's show on the road again like they did in Giddings. It will come out right IMO. The D26 best teams will move on.

YTBulldogs
11-03-2012, 08:04 PM
BG61, you just can't give respect to anyone, can you? Just sayin!!!! Dave Campbell and FNF were the one's that picked us last and next to last, not the opponents. I'm 100% sure the district respect's every opponent, including your Gobblers. Cause like I told you in August, take a Friday off, and it's a "L" for ya in D26.

Keep giving LaGrange the bulletin board material.:doh:

Will be a very exciting time Friday, with game updates from around the district flowing back in forth. Shot both us picked at the bottom in pre-season in those magazines can make the show. Smithville is very dangerous. Especially at the "Gravel Pit".

Scoop27
11-03-2012, 09:08 PM
I still can't believe Smithville beat Giddings on Friday.
This is a balanced district. I think Gonzales took Cuero for granted.
Can Gobblers still make the playoffs?

Pudlugger
11-03-2012, 09:13 PM
I still can't believe Smithville beat Giddings on Friday.
This is a balanced district. I think Gonzales took Cuero for granted.
Can Gobblers still make the playoffs?

If the beat La Grange they can in a tie breaker. We hope that wont be necessary.

C N Green
11-03-2012, 09:48 PM
The dark "bird" in D26 will fly past the Leps on Friday, leaving no team undefeated in District play.

Manso/V8
11-03-2012, 10:14 PM
I would happily take another 1 point win if necessary. Cuero is going to be very hard to beat. Our offense was sputtering some probably due to personnel changes and lack of focus. We had too many penalties and turnovers. Hopefully these problems will have been resolved by game time Friday and the Leps will regain momentum going into the play offs. I realize Yoakum needs the Leps to win and we will certainly try our best to do so. Cuero on the other hand will be pumped so it will not be easy. Good luck against Giddings I think your Bulldogs can win that one if they play like they did last night.

Did the Leps peak a little early perhaps?

BigGreen61
11-04-2012, 12:00 AM
BG61, you just can't give respect to anyone, can you? Just sayin!!!! Dave Campbell and FNF were the one's that picked us last and next to last, not the opponents. I'm 100% sure the district respect's every opponent, including your Gobblers. Cause like I told you in August, take a Friday off, and it's a "L" for ya in D26.

Keep giving LaGrange the bulletin board material.:doh:

Will be a very exciting time Friday, with game updates from around the district flowing back in forth. Shot both us picked at the bottom in pre-season in those magazines can make the show. Smithville is very dangerous. Especially at the "Gravel Pit".
YT, no respect for doubters of cuero football on this board. I don't thank LG uses message boards to pump up their player like you do in yoakum. Hey bud we have room on the bandwagon for you nuff said. GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!!!!!

Pudlugger
11-04-2012, 12:11 AM

Not at all. We have some injured players who should be fine in a week or two meanwhile with our depth we'll be fine. Everyone in this district plays hard against the top team and for the past three weeks we have been that team. Yoakum played hard and the Leps hung in there for the win just like they did with Gonzales and Smithville. Cuero is high on their big win now they are the targeted team. Yoakum, and Gonzales now need our help Friday. The Leps will be ready.

YTBulldogs
11-04-2012, 07:30 AM
Just giving you a hard time BG61. Keep up the chatter. Your doing good. You should know about bandwagoners. Victoria? Just sayin.

Pudlugger
11-04-2012, 08:01 AM

After some thought let me say this. D26 provides no room for a relaxing win against a weak opponent like is the case in D25. D25 has 7 teams playing 6 games each we have 6 teams playing 5 games each. In D25 four teams are dominate and three are weak so every other Friday gives you a breather. However in D26 all six teams are dominate in that they are capable of beating any of the others on any given Friday. The record speaks for itself. There have been victories against Gonzales and Giddings by Cuero and Smithville and LG has won three games by the narrow margin of a single point. Such parity requires a team to have the playoff mentality where each game is sudden death for making the playoffs. Fortunately for LG we have remained undefeated at 4-0 and have clinched the district championship and playoff top seed berth. Now we go into Cuero for game 10 with nothing to loss but our pride and momentum going into the playoffs. No one in la Grange lest of all our players and coaches want to lose this game. Cuero has dominated La Grange for over a decade as did Giddings. We want to beat Cuero as bad as they want to beat us. I can assure you that the Leps will not phone it in Friday. If Cuero thinks the Leps are going to back off to rest up for the playoffs they will be unpleasantly surprised. Good luck against Sealy.

zebrablue2
11-04-2012, 08:11 AM
Leps by 14!

ApachePride
11-04-2012, 08:55 AM
If LG wins, Giddings beats Yoakum, and Smithville beats Gonzales that makes LG 5-0 and everyone else 2-3. Has this ever happened? 5 teams tied for two spots..

hookandladder
11-04-2012, 04:23 PM
After some thought let me say this. D26 provides no room for a relaxing win against a weak opponent like is the case in D25. D25 has 7 teams playing 6 games each we have 6 teams playing 5 games each. In D25 four teams are dominate and three are weak so every other Friday gives you a breather. However in D26 all six teams are dominate in that they are capable of beating any of the others on any given Friday. The record speaks for itself. There have been victories against Gonzales and Giddings by Cuero and Smithville and LG has won three games by the narrow margin of a single point. Such parity requires a team to have the playoff mentality where each game is sudden death for making the playoffs. Fortunately for LG we have remained undefeated at 4-0 and have clinched the district championship and playoff top seed berth. Now we go into Cuero for game 10 with nothing to loss but our pride and momentum going into the playoffs. No one in la Grange lest of all our players and coaches want to lose this game. Cuero has dominated La Grange for over a decade as did Giddings. We want to beat Cuero as bad as they want to beat us. I can assure you that the Leps will not phone it in Friday. If Cuero thinks the Leps are going to back off to rest up for the playoffs they will be unpleasantly surprised. Good luck against Sealy.

I think you hit the nail on the head, D-25 is nowhere near as competitive as our District. Makes a big difference when you have to play great ball week in and week out, Bellville has had one tough game against EC and other then that they faced a Wharton team without their best player ( QB ) . Sealy will be their only game other then EC that they will have to play a great game to win, La Grange has been then own worst enemy in all three close games in District, timely fumbles and penalities have almost cost them a couple games.

Pudlugger
11-04-2012, 04:54 PM
I think you hit the nail on the head, D-25 is nowhere near as competitive as our District. Makes a big difference when you have to play great ball week in and week out, Bellville has had one tough game against EC and other then that they faced a Wharton team without their best player ( QB ) . Sealy will be their only game other then EC that they will have to play a great game to win, La Grange has been then own worst enemy in all three close games in District, timely fumbles and penalities have almost cost them a couple games.

The Leopards will be ready Friday. They have been a very good road team this year. No Parents Night, no Homecoming, no Band night just go to the stadium and get the job done. Since Marble Falls the team has come together to find a way to win in the face of adversity. Cuero may be hot right now but the Leps will work hard this week to correct problems with pass coverage and containment of an athletic qb and rb and the defense will stand up to the Gobbler attack. The Lep defense is going to bring this game home to us and the offense is going to seal the deal. If Cuero wants to stop our running game by stacking the box we can burn them on play action or screen passes. Our long ball game has been under wraps probably on purpose to save for the playoffs but Coach Kates will pull it out if necessary. Leps by 14.

hookandladder
11-04-2012, 08:22 PM

Trick plays or not, just won us a District Championship. Trust me , we will see you in Cuero ready to play. Just keep talking about how lucky we are to be undefeated, the pressure is squarely on your team this week and even a win might not do it for you. No talking needed for us , we will come ready to play as always with less talented but play with heart and desire to win and never give up.

BigGreen61
11-04-2012, 08:47 PM
Trick plays or not, just won us a District Championship. Trust me , we will see you in Cuero ready to play. Just keep talking about how lucky we are to be undefeated, the pressure is squarely on your team this week and even a win might not do it for you. No talking needed for us , we will come ready to play as always with less talented but play with heart and desire to win and never give up.
If pressure is what made us give GZ 4qtr of hell I will take the pressure. Coach Reeves will have the boys physically & mentally ready for the game on friday. Good luck & I hope for a injury free ball game for both teams.

speedbump
11-04-2012, 10:01 PM
If pressure is what made us give GZ 4qtr of hell I will take the pressure. Coach Reeves will have the boys physically & mentally ready for the game on friday. Good luck & I hope for a injury free ball game for both teams.

Ya'll try not to hurt any of them Leps. If GZ falls on their face against Smithville LG may go D-1. If that happens they are gonna need everybody healthy including the cheer leaders to beat EC.

txsportswriter
11-04-2012, 11:44 PM
I see Cuero winning this game because I think LG rests some players. Cuero will be the fired up team in this one. LG doesn't want to show anything else to scouts from D25. Unless LGs second teamers are better than Cuero's 1st teamers, the Gobblers roll in this one 40-13. So much for an undefeated district season for the Leps. Great job Gobblers on hanging in there and making this district race VERY interesting.

BigGreen61
11-04-2012, 11:48 PM
Ya'll try not to hurt any of them Leps. If GZ falls on their face against Smithville LG may go D-1. If that happens they are gonna need everybody healthy including the cheer leaders to beat EC.
Ur wild speedbump. Hook thank Iam talking trash about LG but Iam just going off what txsports said on the LG & Yoakum thread

Tejastrue
11-04-2012, 11:52 PM
You guys are putting a lot of weight on comments by a guy that supposedly covers only girls volleyball hey YT? Lol...

Pudlugger
11-05-2012, 08:12 AM
I see Cuero winning this game because I think LG rests some players. Cuero will be the fired up team in this one. LG doesn't want to show anything else to scouts from D25. Unless LGs second teamers are better than Cuero's 1st teamers, the Gobblers roll in this one 40-13. So much for an undefeated district season for the Leps. Great job Gobblers on hanging in there and making this district race VERY interesting.

Txsports you make some valid points in your prediction and from a fan's perspective I'd have to say that you're describing the worst case scenario.
I doubt coach Kates will rest anyone who is not already injured which means pretty much the same team that played yall will suit up and play Friday. We will have one key player out most likely due to a healing knee (not a serious injury but will require a couple of weeks to heal) our TE #8 who sat it out Friday. If the coach decided to forgo an all out attempt to win Friday he would be making a mistake. Loss of intensity and focus would hurt the Leps more than any perceived benefit saving up for the playoffs. The Leps will put up their best game against Cuero and defend their unbeaten record in district. I realize that they are really the underdogs in this game due to the circumstances of the playoff battles and the fact they have clinched their ticket to them. The Leps have been underestimated all season. They were picked 4th in district in Dave Cambell's TX High School Football. They were picked to lose most of the district games by the experts pre-district. This team has a special gift in that they do not quit and they do not want to lose. You can tell from our 4th quarter stats that they are what you might call a closer team. If they are within striking distance by the 4th quarter odds are they will win. I am looking forward to this game. Cuero has always been a tough opponent and have pretty much dominated the Leps in the past decade or so. Friday the Leps have a chance to change that and my gut tells me they will.

hookandladder
11-05-2012, 08:35 AM
Ur wild speedbump. Hook thank Iam talking trash about LG but Iam just going off what txsports said on the LG & Yoakum thread

Yea, LG only won District because of Luck and Trick plays, has nothing to do with coaching ,players and never give up team. Just keep telling us why we win each week , we will ride that luck and trick play as far as we can. You guys have fun this week with not knowing what you control this week, even with a win. Our lucky team will just be preparing for Cuero, I will bet just about anything that we will be playing to win this Friday night. Go Leps, District Champs.

YTBulldogs
11-05-2012, 10:09 AM
You guys are putting a lot of weight on comments by a guy that supposedly covers only girls volleyball hey YT? Lol...

LOL. You got it Tt. LG will come to play I'm assure of that. Nothing worse than going into a playoff with a loss IMO.

rojosgirl
11-05-2012, 10:14 AM
Lots of stuff out there "on paper". We all know that's not where the games are played - just ask Gonzales. Cuero is tradition rich and will be prepared for Friday. I'm sure it will be rockin" at Gobbler Stadium. GO-MEAN-GREEN!

BigGreen61
11-05-2012, 10:16 AM
Yea, LG only won District because of Luck and Trick plays, has nothing to do with coaching ,players and never give up team. Just keep telling us why we win each week , we will ride that luck and trick play as far as we can. You guys have fun this week with not knowing what you control this week, even with a win. Our lucky team will just be preparing for Cuero, I will bet just about anything that we will be playing to win this Friday night. Go Leps, District Champs.
Hook nobody said ur boys were luck for winning district. Our boys had to hear stuff like yal don't have no talents cuero is down. We go out & break GZ 2 year home winning streak & everybody once to respect us nuff said.

hookandladder
11-05-2012, 10:56 AM
Hook nobody said ur boys were luck for winning district. Our boys had to hear stuff like yal don't have no talents cuero is down. We go out & break GZ 2 year home winning streak & everybody once to respect us nuff said.

You did not hear that crap from La Grange fans , so start a new tread if you want to talk about respect for your team. We have not gotten any respect all year, makes us no difference. We just come to play and do the talking on the field by the players play, be happen for your teams success but act like you been there before.

Pudlugger
11-05-2012, 01:30 PM

LG has always had respect for Cuero even in down years so I don't understand your post. Maybe you're just frustrated because Cuero got off to a slow start this season but now seem to be playing well. Good luck to the Gobblers and may the best team win. Go Leps Go 5-0!

rojosgirl
11-05-2012, 02:27 PM
LaGrange has had some good teams in the past and this year is no different. The Gobblers will look forward to a real "slobberknocking" game against the Leps this year. Safe travels to Gobbler country and let's hope we have an injury-free game for everyone. GO-MEAN-GREEN!

Pudlugger
11-05-2012, 04:04 PM
So what's the deal on visitor seating at Gobbler stadium? I read on this board about homers filling up the visitor seating. Is that true?

44INAROW
11-05-2012, 04:46 PM
So what's the deal on visitor seating at Gobbler stadium? I read on this board about homers filling up the visitor seating. Is that true?
you'll have plenty of room - don't worry............... be careful on the drive down 77 - the 18 wheelers think they own the road..

BigGreen61
11-05-2012, 05:05 PM
LG has always had respect for Cuero even in down years so I don't understand your post. Maybe you're just frustrated because Cuero got off to a slow start this season but now seem to be playing well. Good luck to the Gobblers and may the best team win. Go Leps Go 5-0!
I hope pud & hook get use to sitting in a sea of green at Gobbler stadium hearing GO MEAN GREEN! From both sides of the field. In Cuero when we are good we are Bad & when we are Bad we are good!!!!!!

hookandladder
11-05-2012, 05:59 PM
I hope pud & hook get use to sitting in a sea of green at Gobbler stadium hearing GO MEAN GREEN! From both sides of the field. In Cuero when we are good we are Bad & when we are Bad we are good!!!!!!

Don't worry , we will be there at 5pm turning up ZZ Top, La Grange. We will stake out all the seats on our side , so if you want a seat on our side you better be there by 5:15. You might even see some feathers ruffled on our side, Just saying if you put fans on both sides. Don't matter , Game is won on the field.

Pudlugger
11-05-2012, 06:55 PM
Don't worry , we will be there at 5pm turning up ZZ Top, La Grange. We will stake out all the seats on our side , so if you want a seat on our side you better be there by 5:15. You might even see some feathers ruffled on our side, Just saying if you put fans on both sides. Don't matter , Game is won on the field.

See you there hook. Looking forward to the tail gate rendezvous.

gameface
11-05-2012, 07:54 PM
LG have gameface on. Cuero is riding a recent green wave of victory but likely will be beached by balanced Leopard wrecking crew! Our "O" has been a little flat and will have to perform to keep our "D" fresh for your running game. Should be a nice battle this Friday night, however, LG has too many weapons in its arsenal! Leps by 14.

Yoe_09
11-05-2012, 10:45 PM
La Grange(8-1)
31-Aug @Marble Falls L 56-36
07-Sep Columbus W 46-7
14-Sep Royal W 48-0
21-Sep @Needville W 47-0
28-Sep @Fischer Canyon Lake W 34-9
12-Oct Gonzales* W 35-34
19-Oct Smithville* W 21-20
26-Oct @Giddings* W 31-0
02-Nov Yoakum* W 28-27

Vs.

Cuero(4-5)
31-Aug Wharton W 20-19
07-Sep @Victoria West L 40-19
14-Sep Beeville Jones L 35-20
21-Sep @Somerset L 38-17
28-Sep Ingleside W 21-14
12-Oct @Giddings* L 41-28
19-Oct Yoakum* L 28-21
26-Oct @Smithville* W 30-13
02-Nov @Gonzales* W 41-14

Thoughts & Predictions?

defense51
11-06-2012, 12:23 AM
LaGrange in a close one, 28-21

rojosgirl
11-06-2012, 11:28 AM
No Cuero fans on the visitors side for a while now. LaGrange folks should have plenty of room. Safe travles to the game and enjoy your time in Gobbler Country. GO-MEAN-GREEN!

:D

hookandladder
11-06-2012, 12:38 PM
No Cuero fans on the visitors side for a while now. LaGrange folks should have plenty of room. Safe travles to the game and enjoy your time in Gobbler Country. GO-MEAN-GREEN!

:D

Always like visiting Cuero, Deer hunted there for a number of years. Come join us at out Tailgate, just look for 2 Motorhomes on visitors side.

pacman
11-06-2012, 03:18 PM
Lots of stuff out there "on paper". We all know that's not where the games are played - just ask Gonzales. Cuero is tradition rich and will be prepared for Friday. I'm sure it will be rockin" at Gobbler Stadium. GO-MEAN-GREEN!

I am getting tired of yall saying "just ask gonzales." Look yall beat us, we didnt show up so it is done that is it. Good luck against LG, but I still think LG is going to put it on yall. Defense to strong.

LG 35
C 21, and that is if yall can get passed there secondary.

pacman
11-06-2012, 03:26 PM
Another thing, somebody is going to get left at home and it is not going to be us that is for sure. We let Cuero beat us, and that will not happen this Friday against SV. I know, the Cuero posters will say what do you mean yall let us beat yall, but yes we let yall beat us. Everything that could of gone wrong, did go wrong for us. But all that is going to get fixed for this Friday.

GO APACHES

GZ 42
SV 21

rojosgirl
11-06-2012, 03:40 PM
Thanks, Hook! I just may see you there.

hookandladder
11-06-2012, 03:44 PM
Another thing, somebody is going to get left at home and it is not going to be us that is for sure. We let Cuero beat us, and that will not happen this Friday against SV. I know, the Cuero posters will say what do you mean yall let us beat yall, but yes we let yall beat us. Everything that could of gone wrong, did go wrong for us. But all that is going to get fixed for this Friday.

GO APACHES

GZ 42
SV 21

I was definitely surprised by your score against Cuero however I did see that your All State safety did not play, hope he is well for this Friday. He is a difference maker on D , that's for sure. I will be pulling for you guy's , Good Luck.

pacman
11-06-2012, 08:18 PM
I was definitely surprised by your score against Cuero however I did see that your All State safety did not play, hope he is well for this Friday. He is a difference maker on D , that's for sure. I will be pulling for you guy's , Good Luck.

Thanks Hook. Got to watch the Cueros' running backs, they are very good. They like to fall foward when tackled to get maximum yards (that is what a good back does). And, they run a good passing game. Dont let nobody behind you. D26 you gotta love it. As far as our safety, hope he is back on the field come friday night, it sure makes a difference.

YTBulldogs
11-06-2012, 09:05 PM
Thanks Hook. Got to watch the Cueros' running backs, they are very good. They like to fall foward when tackled to get maximum yards (that is what a good back does). And, they run a good passing game. Dont let nobody behind you. D26 you gotta love it. As far as our safety, hope he is back on the field come friday night, it sure makes a difference.

I agree, ZL the best safety in district.

KingRob
11-06-2012, 11:07 PM

That one there is a goodern!!! HAHAHAH! EC is good, ......here are the cheerleaders.......:cheerl::cheerl::cheerl::cheerl ::cheerl::cheerl::cheerl:

To be honest...I am just glad things have turned out to be interesting. For some reason I feel EC can be beat, but that's another day...

CaliforniaTexan
11-07-2012, 10:52 PM

GO APACHES

GZ 42
SV 21

Gonzales let Cuero beat them!?!
Never knew a rival team let the other team beat them especially Gonzales letting Cuero "beat them" but if that's your reasoning behind the Gonzales loss then so be it.

BTW Did the Gonzales coach or was it the Gonzales players decide to let Cuero beat Gonzales? Just curious.

pacman
11-08-2012, 12:06 AM
Gonzales let Cuero beat them!?!
Never knew a rival team let the other team beat them especially Gonzales letting Cuero "beat them" but if that's your reasoning behind the Gonzales loss then so be it.

BTW Did the Gonzales coach or was it the Gonzales players decide to let Cuero beat Gonzales? Just curious.

My statement, "Gonzales let Cuero beat them," comes to no disrespect to Cuero, but understand I have not seen a Gonzales team of that night, since they went 1-9. Everybody was flat-footed, not sustaining blocks, getting beat in the secondary to name a few. The Gonzales team was not the hard hitting, power running team I have seen from this season. That is why I made my comment. But to answer your question, Yes the players let that happen, not the coaches, they dont play.

Pudlugger
11-08-2012, 07:07 AM
In defense of GZ in D26 every week is a must win week. It is a play off atmosphere. It is very difficult to maintain focus from one week to the next and the temptation is to let up when playing what might be perceived a weaker opponent. As we now know Cuero is a tough team to beat. They have improved and are playing up to the opposition. As we see from the poll many knowledgeable posters have picked Cuero to beat La Grange as they feel the Leps are ripe for a letdown which the Gobblers would exploit for the win. I think that the Leps will be up for this game and look forward to a win Friday night.

Pudlugger
11-08-2012, 08:14 PM
Man I'm in the mood for some good Friday Night Football. La Grange at Cuero a classic with a playoff spot on the line for the Gobblers and an undefeated District Championship for the Leopards. LG has a great team and a great coaching staff. We are heading into the playoffs and sudden death competition and this game is key to strengthening our momentum going forward. I am looking forward to a big win tomorrow night. Go Leps!

BigGreen61
11-08-2012, 09:06 PM
Well Gobbler fans we been in playoff mode for the last 2 weeks & we had a good week of practice. The boys will play with there backs up against the wall on Friday. With that being said my Gobblers won't be denied in there backyard

Old Green
11-08-2012, 10:49 PM
Good games by the JR. High teams tonight

7Th B Cuero 18 - LaGrange 6
7th A Cuero 14- LaGrange 6

8th B Cuero 14 - LaGrange 6
8h A Cuero 46 - LaGrange 0

Anybody know the Freshman and JV Scores?

12thMan
11-08-2012, 11:31 PM
I have never heard of such thing...give credit where credit is due. Cuero was the better team the they played GZ. Cuero is coming in with a lot of confidence due to GZ "letting Cuero win". What a joke! LG will have their hands full.

Concerning the stadium seating...I hope there's so many Cuero fans there that they flood both sides of the stands. That's why it's called home field advantage. I'm sure y'all will have plenty of room with whatever is left over for you guys. Go Mean Green!

Manso/V8
11-09-2012, 12:30 AM
I haven't had internet access all week, so I missed some of this fun.
Pud and Hook, yall seemed a little sensitive when I asked if La Grange might have peaked a little early.
That wasn't a dig, just a thought to stir the pot. I can say Bellville peaked early last year, La Grange probably saw us near the peak.
We had a slow start this year, have continued to improve, and haven't peaked yet, which I think is a good thing.

I know that D26 is competitive and evenly matched. Like many others before the season started, I said it was the most competitive district top to bottom in 3a. We shall soon find out how they compare to D25.

No way La Grange loses this one to Cuero, unless the injury bug has bitten hard.

Leps by 14.

Pudlugger
11-09-2012, 07:29 AM
I appreciate your take on things and as far as peaking too soon well a tenth game like ours tonight is a good prelude to the playoff intensity. Lots of Cuero fans behind their team predicting an LG loss but our team will not roll over and they will not be caught napping. I know how hard they have worked to get to this point and they want to win. This team find a way to win as they have demonstrated coming from behind or holding off surges from inspired opponents. Cuero is going to bring it tonight but they will have to sustain it for 4 quarters as any let up and the Leps will win. I expect a fairly high scoring game with the lead shifting back and forth until the 4th quarter when the Leps pull ahead. Go Leps Beat Cuero.

ps if the home town folks want to sit on our side they're going to have to put up with a lot of Lep fans cheering as we will turn out for this game and we will have much to cheer about.:cheerl:

hookandladder
11-09-2012, 08:55 AM
I appreciate your take on things and as far as peaking too soon well a tenth game like ours tonight is a good prelude to the playoff intensity. Lots of Cuero fans behind their team predicting an LG loss but our team will not roll over and they will not be caught napping. I know how hard they have worked to get to this point and they want to win. This team find a way to win as they have demonstrated coming from behind or holding off surges from inspired opponents. Cuero is going to bring it tonight but they will have to sustain it for 4 quarters as any let up and the Leps will win. I expect a fairly high scoring game with the lead shifting back and forth until the 4th quarter when the Leps pull ahead. Go Leps Beat Cuero.

ps if the home town folks want to sit on our side they're going to have to put up with a lot of Lep fans cheering as we will turn out for this game and we will have much to cheer about.:cheerl:

Our Lep fans do follow their teams however tonight might not be as big as normal, our Lady Lep volleyball team is playing in the Regional tourney tonight at 6pm so fans will be somewhat split. Good Luck to the Lady Leps as well.

rojosgirl
11-09-2012, 10:59 AM
Safe travels Lep fans to your football and volleyball destinations. I'll be waiting for you here in Cuero! :D

YTBulldogs
11-09-2012, 11:33 AM
I'm sure the Cuero fan's will help fill your side up Hook. We were able to prevent them wondering over to our side this year, with a great turnout ourselves. It should be a great game.

Roughneck93
11-09-2012, 12:06 PM
LG by 7.

hookandladder
11-09-2012, 12:20 PM
I'm sure the Cuero fan's will help fill your side up Hook. We were able to prevent them wondering over to our side this year, with a great turnout ourselves. It should be a great game.

I hear you however their fans are the least of my worries, as far as I am concerned they can come sit right in front of me. It would be like being at the Texas -OU game, better have some security people close. Game is won on the field, Bout time to start cooking.

rojosgirl
11-09-2012, 02:45 PM
What'll be on the pit?

Old Green
11-09-2012, 04:36 PM
Anybody know the Freshman JV Scores??

rojosgirl
11-09-2012, 04:43 PM
LG JV 15 - Cuero 0

Old Green
11-09-2012, 11:03 PM
Final
Cuero 21 LaGrange 13

Old Green
11-09-2012, 11:16 PM
Stats
Cuero..................LaGrange
!st Downs- 16.......12
Total Yds.-266........230
Rushing-44-156......26-69
Passing-110............161
TOP- 28:40........... 19:12

LiftingLep
11-09-2012, 11:17 PM
Losing sucks, but not as bad when you've got the playoffs and DC. But I think in the long run this is a good loss for the Leps and will bring em back down to earth so they can focus on the little things and get em right before the playoffs. Congrats Cuero, way to keep fighting till the end and keeping this district one of the most exciting!

KingRob
11-09-2012, 11:25 PM

GO APACHES

GZ 42
SV 21

So what is the outcome? Is Gonzo out since Yoakum won? Who's staying home?

CueroDad08
11-10-2012, 12:05 AM
Nice win Gobblers, Cuero played the last 3 games and won the TO battle and came out 3-0. This young Cuero team would have went 5-0 if not for the turn over bug in the first two distric games.Now it's on to the playoffs, looks like with the crazy other distric games the playoff picture has again changed. LG will go D1 and Yoakum and Cuero will go D2. Good luck to all three.

YTBulldogs
11-10-2012, 12:10 AM
So what is the outcome? Is Gonzo out since Yoakum won? Who's staying home?

LG, Yoakum and Cuero go. GZ out cause they lost to Smithville 16-14.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-10-2012, 12:11 AM
Nice win Gobblers, Cuero played the last 3 games and won the TO battle and came out 3-0. This young Cuero team would have went 5-0 if not for the turn over bug in the first two distric games.Now it's on to the playoffs, looks like with the crazy other distric games the playoff picture has again changed. LG will go D1 and Yoakum and Cuero will go D2. Good luck to all three.Congrats Gobblers, looking strong and heading into the playoffs.

lbjacj
11-10-2012, 12:34 AM
Way to go Gobblers!!! Good luck next week!

Pudlugger
11-10-2012, 12:40 AM
Stats
Cuero..................LaGrange
!st Downs- 16.......12
Total Yds.-266........230
Rushing-44-156......26-69
Passing-110............161
TOP- 28:40........... 19:12

The stats tell the tale with TOP 9 1/2 minutes more for Cuero. The Gobblers are to be congratulated on playing a very near perfect game with execution of their coaches excellent game plan. Run the ball and keep making first downs, keep the Leps offense off the field and don't make turnovers or penalties. Excellent job for the Cuero caches and team. Good luck next week and represent D26 well.