PDA

View Full Version : Region II Week 10 GotW: Argyle(8-1) Vs. Celina(8-1)

regaleagle
11-03-2012, 10:59 AM
OK, this is for the District 10 championship. Both teams suffered opening week losses getting started this season, but have done nothing but improve since. Who ya got, and why? Let's hear from some posters on the analysis on this game and how the teams matchup against one another.

Maybe someone could attach a poll to this game, seeing as I don't know how to do that.

gatordaze
11-03-2012, 12:35 PM
I think Celina has a speed advantage and Argyle a size advantage. Both run the 10-1. Argyle is a north and south team and Celina stretches the edges. Both have a dangerous receiver. Celina may have an advantage on the Dline and Argyle on the Oline. Celina has 38 Seniors and it is Senior night. Argyle has a better team top to bottom an has played a tougher schedule resulting in a dog fight.

garciap77
11-03-2012, 12:49 PM
Celina by 3!

gatordaze
11-03-2012, 01:03 PM
Celina by 3!

Maybe 4. 3 would mean that we attempted and made a FG. Not likely.

regaleagle
11-03-2012, 02:07 PM
OOPS, You left that one out, Gatordaze. Argyle has a definite kicking advantage. And a special teams advantage in all phases of the game. Could that be enough to tilt the scales in Argyle's direction???

83Indian
11-03-2012, 02:09 PM
Argyle by 2 or 3 td's. I don't see Celina stopping Argyle on offense.

regaleagle
11-03-2012, 02:23 PM
Here's the breakdown as I see it:
QB: Elliot>Boyzuick
RB: Ralston is a beast(6'0" 200lbs.) over 1200 hard yards-Soph.
Recievers: Argyle has Sadler, Bode, and about 3 others that can all catch and run. Celina doesn't.
Oline: I'll have to give the edge to Argyle
Dline: Definitely Celina
Linebackers: Could be even. Argyle has 2 good ones
Secondary: Argyle. 10 interceptions and lots of pass breakups. Good against the run. Stats say it all.
Special Teams: Nobody has better than Argyle this season in 3A.
Speed: I doubt that there's much difference
Intangibles: Celina(home field advantage, old turf field, trick plays, intimidation w/rabid fanbase, etc.)

Gatordaze, I just don't see that many pluses for Celina to be anything but a toss-up game against Argyle, and that's only because it's at Celina.

gatordaze
11-03-2012, 03:02 PM
Here's the breakdown as I see it:
QB: Elliot>Boyzuick
RB: Ralston is a beast(6'0" 200lbs.) over 1200 hard yards-Soph.
Recievers: Argyle has Sadler, Bode, and about 3 others that can all catch and run. Celina doesn't.
Oline: I'll have to give the edge to Argyle
Dline: Definitely Celina
Linebackers: Could be even. Argyle has 2 good ones
Secondary: Argyle. 10 interceptions and lots of pass breakups. Good against the run. Stats say it all.
Special Teams: Nobody has better than Argyle this season in 3A.
Speed: I doubt that there's much difference
Intangibles: Celina(home field advantage, old turf field, trick plays, intimidation w/rabid fanbase, etc.)

Gatordaze, I just don't see that many pluses for Celina to be anything but a toss-up game against Argyle, and that's only because it's at Celina.

I conceed to the greatness of Argyle.

Bullaholic
11-03-2012, 03:12 PM
It don't matter---the winner loses the following week for sure....:D

regaleagle
11-03-2012, 03:48 PM
HaHa, good try Gatordaze. Fortunately for us, the young men on the field and the coaching staffs will be the ones doing all the work in this one. Celina is what I would call flying under the radar at very low altitude this season, for a change.....considering the type of team y'all really have. And unfortunately for Argyle, we are flying at high altitude on everybody's radar. So we cannot afford to be anything but bullish about our prospects this season, otherwise we are in for trouble. Just hafta to adjust your perspective for the kind of team chemistry you have and what's best for the boyz. This particular Argyle team has exceeded expectations this season, but has the nucleus of players that have experienced what it means to leave it all on the field of battle. They actually love the high altitude of big games. And none will be bigger this year so far than next Friday against a great Celina team. IMO, Argyle will show up ready to rumble.

ccmom
11-03-2012, 04:02 PM
I conceed to the greatness of Argyle.

Haha...I bet that son of yours won't!!! ;)

User Input
Team 1 Site Team 2
Celina @ Argyle

Celina @ Argyle Matchup Preview

Celina Argyle
21 Score Prediction 34
0.257 Win Probability 0.743

Predictions
Statistic Mean Std Dev
Celina Margin -13.5 20.7
Celina P(W) 0.257 ---
Argyle Margin 13.5 20.7
Argyle P(W) 0.743 ---
Total Points 55.1 17.1

I dont know how they get this other than history, stats etc... but its effective if you use it most of the time. I understand its a computer but numbers and history normally dont lie.

marler1972
11-03-2012, 04:18 PM
User Input
Team 1 Site Team 2
Celina @ Argyle

Celina @ Argyle Matchup Preview

Celina Argyle
21 Score Prediction 34
0.257 Win Probability 0.743

Predictions
Statistic Mean Std Dev
Celina Margin -13.5 20.7
Celina P(W) 0.257 ---
Argyle Margin 13.5 20.7
Argyle P(W) 0.743 ---
Total Points 55.1 17.1

I dont know how they get this other than history, stats etc... but its effective if you use it most of the time. I understand its a computer but numbers and history normally dont lie.

Game is in Celina

Game is in Celina

User Input
Team 1 Site Team 2
Argyle @ Celina

Argyle @ Celina Matchup Preview

Argyle Celina
34 Score Prediction 21
0.743 Win Probability 0.257

Predictions
Statistic Mean Std Dev
Argyle Margin 13.5 20.7
Argyle P(W) 0.743 ---
Celina Margin -13.5 20.7
Celina P(W) 0.257 ---
Total Points 55.1 17.1

Guess that dont make a difference. Like I said its not perfect and im not for either team. Just throwing it out there.

bobcat1
11-03-2012, 04:46 PM
:thinking:They beat everyone we beat worse. They didn't even have any trouble whatsoever with Aubrey. They spanked Frisco worse. Scary:eek: times this week. This game won't be for the weak at heart. Here's to an injury free game full of good sportsmanship win or lose. :2thumbsup

regaleagle
11-03-2012, 05:47 PM
I reckon you can unplug that computer for this game. It don't mean a hill of beans to these two teams come Friday nite, I can tell you that. This one will be won on who has the most will and heart to win....nothing else. Celina does have the Srs. and on Senior nite that's a Biggie!! It's at their house, and that's another Biggie. We like to play on artificial turf, but they have grass....don't know the significance there. Our cheerleaders are cuter, so that's a plus for Argyle, lol. Make you pick, boys. It's gonna be a good one.

bobcat1
11-03-2012, 06:03 PM
I reckon you can unplug that computer for this game. It don't mean a hill of beans to these two teams come Friday nite, I can tell you that. This one will be won on who has the most will and heart to win....nothing else. Celina does have the Srs. and on Senior nite that's a Biggie!! It's at their house, and that's another Biggie. We like to play on artificial turf, but they have grass....don't know the significance there. Our cheerleaders are cuter, so that's a plus for Argyle, lol. Make you pick, boys. It's gonna be a good one.Umm Celina has turf last time I checked. Another plus for Argyle I guess.

ccmom
11-03-2012, 06:06 PM
Umm Celina has turf last time I checked. Another plus for Argyle I guess.

Hahaha...;)

gatordaze
11-03-2012, 06:10 PM
Umm Celina has turf last time I checked. Another plus for Argyle I guess.

Darn I was going to suggest that we grow the grass long and overwater to slow them down.

regaleagle
11-03-2012, 06:13 PM
I will say this about Argyle.....I can almost guarantee you that we will win the halftime show with our band. Wait a minute!! Is there even gonna be a halftime show with it being Senior nite and all??? Shucks, we may not even be able to win that part of the game either.

gatordaze
11-03-2012, 06:20 PM
I will say this about Argyle.....I can almost guarantee you that we will win the halftime show with our band. Wait a minute!! Is there even gonna be a halftime show with it being Senior nite and all??? Shucks, we may not even be able to win that part of the game either.

Senior night is before the game.

CelinaCatFan
11-03-2012, 08:38 PM
I would imagine that this matchup wins the GOTW feature?

regaleagle
11-03-2012, 08:44 PM
Ok, so far we get to play on artificial turf, and our band gets to do its thing. All of sudden, I'm seeing some bright sides here. How about the lighting? Do we get bright lites or do y'all dim them on special occasions?

regaleagle
11-03-2012, 09:08 PM
And since we'll be wearing all white, could y'all pleez not repaint all the benches on our side of the field with a fresh coat of orange? Striped orange pants might confuse our qb.

gatordaze
11-03-2012, 09:26 PM
Ok, so far we get to play on artificial turf, and our band gets to do its thing. All of sudden, I'm seeing some bright sides here. How about the lighting? Do we get bright lites or do y'all dim them on special occasions?

The one thing that I can promise is bad lighting. It is almost dark in the end zones.

MajorApplehorn
11-03-2012, 11:31 PM
I think Celina has a speed advantage and Argyle a size advantage. Both run the 10-1. Argyle is a north and south team and Celina stretches the edges. Both have a dangerous receiver. Celina may have an advantage on the Dline and Argyle on the Oline. Celina has 38 Seniors and it is Senior night. Argyle has a better team top to bottom an has played a tougher schedule resulting in a dog fight.

I have seen them both. Argyle is faster. Wilson and Sadler are both faster than anybody Celina has, including Thiel. You are right in many places about size, but Raulerson and big 61 are huge. We will see how it goes...

regaleagle
11-03-2012, 11:44 PM
Everyone is welcome to go to the Argyle Eagle Max Preps site and look at the Hudl highlights posted there. No full game action, but some highlight clips of various players in various games this season.

firstdown
11-04-2012, 10:06 AM
It don't matter---the winner loses the following week for sure....:D

put down that beer. regardless the bulls are one and done.

bobcat1
11-04-2012, 12:40 PM
It don't matter---the winner loses the following week for sure....:D:fnypost::spitlol:

Bullaholic it was just Decatur and Sanger. Come back out of orbit. You are getting light headed up there in the Ozone.

gatordaze
11-04-2012, 01:13 PM
I have seen them both. Argyle is faster. Wilson and Sadler are both faster than anybody Celina has, including Thiel. You are right in many places about size, but Raulerson and big 61 are huge. We will see how it goes...

I think that you are wrong on the speed question. Celina has 4-5 guys that are state track champions and the slowest starter on the D cannot be blocked one on one. These clips ae of him but pay more attention to the overall speed. Argyle will have a size advantage overall but not a speed advantage.

http://youtu.be/6t0KI3lf_Oo.

I think that you are wrong on the speed question. Celina has 4-5 guys that are state track champions and the slowest starter on the D cannot be blocked one on one. These clips ae of him but pay more attention to the overall speed. Argyle will have a size advantage overall but not a speed advantage.

Who are they playing? Not much blocking going on. He is huge however and his dad can come work for me in Stephenville. LOL

gatordaze
11-04-2012, 01:29 PM
Who are they playing? Not much blocking going on. He is huge however and his dad can come work for me in Stephenville. LOL

They are playing the teams on the schedule. He is enrolling at Texas in 10 weeks so maybe not to helpful in Stephenvile.

They are playing the teams on the schedule. He is enrolling at Texas in 10 weeks so maybe not to helpful in Stephenvile.

Yeah I know just saying it would have been nice. LOL

Looks like he would be a rebounding machine in basketball.

ccmom
11-04-2012, 01:40 PM

Even though burnt orange is an evil color in our house, ;)...I'm looking forward to following your son's success in Austin. I can only imagine how proud y'all must be!!

gatordaze
11-04-2012, 01:49 PM
Yeah I know just saying it would have been nice. LOL

Looks like he would be a rebounding machine in basketball.

He loved to run the court. He could not make a basket to save his life!

gatordaze
11-04-2012, 01:55 PM
Even though burnt orange is an evil color in our house, ;)...I'm looking forward to following your son's success in Austin. I can only imagine how proud y'all must be!!

Thanks, but sad at the same time. This week is their last game at Bobcat field. We have been here since 7th grade. Can't believe it is over.

MajorApplehorn
11-04-2012, 01:58 PM

I am fully aware of the state champion track team. I am also fully aware of Raulerson. That is why I named him. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I promise you Argyle is faster. Thiel is the only one who can even begin to run with Wilson and Sadler. Wilson was the fastest kid at Coppell last year...you know, the best team in 5A.

gatordaze
11-04-2012, 02:37 PM
As much as I would like to engage, I cannot with conviction. Celina has not played a great game all season. They do have a ton of ability and speed, what they do not seem to have us the conviction that it takes to be a champion. If they decide that they all want to play to thier potential (backs that block for each other) they have much more in the tank. I thought that they turned the corner against Ranchview but then they return to their old ways against Aubrey. I am almost pulling for Argyle Friday as I am not sure that they can beat them twice If they should meet in the 4th round.

sandbagger
11-04-2012, 09:22 PM
this will be the biggest best down for celina since the prosper days. argyle by 28 or more

regaleagle
11-04-2012, 10:10 PM
I don't see any sort of beat down here, Sandbagger. In fact, that might be exactly what this Celina team has been doing....sandbagging against teams it can easily whup. But come Friday nite I think everyone will see a team in the Bobcats that is for real. They will play up to the level of the competition simply because they have the capacity to do so. And don't forget that they have had 2 weeks to get everybody ready for this matchup. This is the BIGGEST game of the year so far for Celina, and it's SENIOR NIGHT, and it's the LAST HOME GAME for this season for them, not to mention forever for the seniors. And both teams have the SAME RECORD. And it's for the DISTRICT TITLE. And it's an OLD RIVALRY from 2A days rekindled. And Celina would just love to SMOKE ARGYLE'S SHORTS after last year's SC run. And it's the REGION 2 GOTW. And GUESS WHAT??? Argyle coaches, teammates, and fanbase all realize this. Need I say more??? This will be a rockem-sockem game the whole way.

Old&Crusty
11-05-2012, 08:28 AM
Argyle is the team to beat this year in our district. Celina is the underdog.

firstdown
11-05-2012, 09:07 AM
Celina troubles me, because I'm not sure what they are. I have watched them and talked to people who are in the "know" and no one seems to have a handle on them. New coach but not really new, new spread offense but they seem to run more than pass. I don't see any identity on offense which is highly unusual this late in the season for a Celina team. All that being said they have a ton of talent as always and a great defense as always. I think this game will come down to coaching. I'll take Coach Rodgers.

Argyle by 13

Gsquared
11-05-2012, 09:16 AM
I cannot flippin wait to see this game!!

bobcat1
11-05-2012, 10:01 AM
I cannot flippin wait to see this game!!Please sit on the Argyle side............

Gsquared
11-05-2012, 10:16 AM
Please sit on the Argyle side............

:o >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :(

bobcat1
11-05-2012, 10:20 AM
Please sit on the Argyle side............

:o >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :(

Just kidding

Gsquared
11-05-2012, 10:43 AM
Just kidding

YOu can make it up to me by stopping at the ATM before you get to the stadium. I might get hungry.

bobcat1
11-05-2012, 11:33 AM
YOu can make it up to me by stopping at the ATM before you get to the stadium. I might get hungry.
I don't need to stop. My money is not too heavy to carry. Besides my wife will make the antidote:devil: to bring to the game for the dreaded GooGoo curse.

Gsquared
11-05-2012, 11:37 AM
I don't need to stop. My money is not too heavy to carry. Besides my wife will make the antidote:devil: to bring to the game for the dreaded GooGoo curse.

Make sure she salts and peppers the antidote real well!! :0

bobcat1
11-05-2012, 09:29 PM
Make sure she salts and peppers the antidote real well!! :0
Salt and pepper on Naner puddin?

Yoe_09
11-05-2012, 10:40 PM
Argyle(8-1)
31-Aug Abilene Wylie L 31-14
07-Sep @Fort Worth Nolan Catholic W 28-7
14-Sep @Paris W 41-8
21-Sep Kennedale W 44-13
28-Sep Wilmer-Hutchins W 42-6
05-Oct @Dallas Madison W 39-18
19-Oct Carrollton Ranchview* W 56-0
26-Oct @Frisco Lone Star* W 69-0
02-Nov Aubrey* W 54-6

Vs.

Celina(8-1)
01-Sep Melissa L 18-13
07-Sep Crandall W 49-7
14-Sep Argyle Liberty Christian W 35-21
21-Sep Texarkana Liberty-Eylau W 32-15
28-Sep Perryton W 59-0
05-Oct Dallas Roosevelt W 49-9
11-Oct @Carrollton Ranchview* W 52-11
19-Oct Frisco Lone Star W 61-9
26-Oct @Aubrey* W 39-20

Thoughts & Predictions?

ogg
11-05-2012, 10:53 PM
Celina by 7.

hollywood
11-05-2012, 11:34 PM
Argyle by 10+

defense51
11-06-2012, 12:19 AM
Both teams look fairly even, but I think Argyle wins by a td.

regaleagle
11-06-2012, 01:14 AM
Argyle is the team to beat this year in our district. Celina is the underdog.

Good try there, Old&Crusty. I can see why you picked that username, haha. You've obviously been to a few rodeos before, lol. But Celina is NOT an underdog in this one. This is a toss-up match even at a neutral site. Being it's at Celina with all the ingredients that make up this game, if there were to be an underdog in this one, it would hafta be Argyle. There's no clear-cut better team here....just two evenly matched teams that could beat the other on any given nite depending on the circumstances. This week, let's just say the circumstances over in Celina will be difficult for any team to overcome. We're gonna give it our best shot, though. I hope both teams play a clean, well-fought contest without any serious injuries to any single player. This game is for the district title, but not do or die.

Gsquared
11-06-2012, 07:47 AM
salt and pepper on naner puddin?

ewwwwwww

regaleagle
11-07-2012, 01:44 PM
I guess the Celina posters here have done a pretty good job of convincing everybody that they should be considered an "underdog" in our game this Friday. Terry and Grant even seem to be favoring Argyle in this contest on the S2S show. I just don't see how two so evenly matched teams like Argyle and Celina cannot be a toss-up game, and the nod going to the home team. Especially when it's at Celina. If you've ever had to play Celina at their house, you'd agree with me. It's just not your normal road game when you go there. And THEY are the ones that had an off week to get healthy and concentrate on this one big game, not Argyle. And THEY are the ones with all the SENIORS...not Argyle. And THEY have the more seasoned qb leading their offense....not Argyle. And THEY have the UT commit Raulerson who plays both ways.....not Argyle. And THEY have all the big game history on their side....not ARGYLE!!! When you do the math and add up all the ingredients to this matchup, Argyle wins the halftime show and has the cuter cheerleaders....that's all!!!! I just don't understand how any football fan cannot agree with these facts. I guess I'll have to post the season stats of each team to show just how close these 2 teams are this season.....and playing against some of the same competition. It's weirdly close.

gatordaze
11-07-2012, 02:23 PM
I guess the Celina posters here have done a pretty good job of convincing everybody that they should be considered an "underdog" in our game this Friday. Terry and Grant even seem to be favoring Argyle in this contest on the S2S show. I just don't see how two so evenly matched teams like Argyle and Celina cannot be a toss-up game, and the nod going to the home team. Especially when it's at Celina. If you've ever had to play Celina at their house, you'd agree with me. It's just not your normal road game when you go there. And THEY are the ones that had an off week to get healthy and concentrate on this one big game, not Argyle. And THEY are the ones with all the SENIORS...not Argyle. And THEY have the more seasoned qb leading their offense....not Argyle. And THEY have the UT commit Raulerson who plays both ways.....not Argyle. And THEY have all the big game history on their side....not ARGYLE!!! When you do the math and add up all the ingredients to this matchup, Argyle wins the halftime show and has the cuter cheerleaders....that's all!!!! I just don't understand how any football fan cannot agree with these facts. I guess I'll have to post the season stats of each team to show just how close these 2 teams are this season.....and playing against some of the same competition. It's weirdly close.

This is what happens when you regularly go undefeated through the regular season, win a 1st or 2nd round playoff game and go home for 3-4 years running. Celina has done nothing to show that they can play with a team that has played a tougher schedule and is coming of an SC appearance. I think Bobcat Field is worth 7 points. Even with that Argyle is another 7 point favorite. Our QB is a sophomore and has been hurt most of the season so no big advantage. Our best running back has a cast on his arm and missed most of the season. His fellow running backs won't block. Our o-line is small with the exception of Jake and your LB's are the best that we have played. Our D is stout but now that Argyle runs the 10-1 as well, your coaches will know what we are likely to do against them. I am not seeing your toss-up. You should feel bad about ruining my boys Senior Night and last game on Bobcat Field.

gatordaze
11-07-2012, 02:25 PM
Maybe my last point took it a little too far. ;) And I do not concede the Cheerleaders, track team yes, cheerleaders are a toss up!

hollywood
11-07-2012, 02:43 PM
Sure has been quite considering the magnitude of this match up.

Where's Orange Machine?? Haven't heard a peep.

:sleeping:

Old&Crusty
11-07-2012, 03:44 PM
When Celina was unbeatable, the hits from the Bobcats were devistating. When running the chains, you would witness visiting players quickly fake injuries to keep from going back on the field agaist the crazed Celina Bobcats. I don't want anyone to get hurt, ever, but that level of play is what it took to get to state. I have seen traces of that intensity this year, so it is there. If our Bobcats can reach that level Friday night and maintain it, they will beat Argyle and make it all the way to the state game. Coach Ford knew this. Coach Elliott knows this intensity. Coach Moore demanded it. Let's help Coach Elliott and our boys keep the tradition going!

bobcat1
11-07-2012, 07:51 PM
This game is not about talk, it's about the walk. Which team will refuse to lose? It's Statement Day one way or the other. Who's gonna be the red-headed step child? Who is gonna give their all every play? Who will play like a Champion? We'll see Friday.

regaleagle
11-07-2012, 07:51 PM
Sure has been quite considering the magnitude of this match up.

Where's Orange Machine?? Haven't heard a peep.

:sleeping:

No, ain't none of em sleeping on this one, believe me. They're just keeping things close to the vest, that's all. They'd rather win first, then do the talking. I don't blame them...that's a pretty good policy all and all. I don't really see much coming from our side of the fence, either. So we'll just see how this one goes. I honestly think it will come down to turnovers and penalties. Penalties haven't been a problem for Argyle much at all this season, but how many big games have we really played? None. Wylie was too early, and the rest we had in hand. But an untimely penalty in a game like this could make a difference....for either team.

regaleagle
11-07-2012, 08:03 PM
I won't be able to attend, Bobcat 1. But I'll be listening to every play on the Argyle Broadcasting Network. Right now, I'm predisposed down here in South Texas still working on these storm damages in the McAllen/Mission area. Once we get into the playoffs, I'll probably do some traveling to make the games. I'd sure love to be there, though. It's been a few years since Argyle has played a game in Celina. Almost like a reverse homecoming, lol. One thing's for sure...Argyle has the utmost respect for Celina, I can guarantee you that.

bobcat1
11-07-2012, 08:40 PM
Yep I will be listening too most likely. I go visit my Mom on Fridays in the nursing home/rehab. Unless I get off early Friday around noon. It's 2 hours out there and 2 hours back. It will be standing room only with Senior Night and if you don't get there by 5pm or have reserved seats, you'll stand on the home side.

Old&Crusty
11-08-2012, 02:12 PM
I won't be able to attend, Bobcat 1. But I'll be listening to every play on the Argyle Broadcasting Network. Right now, I'm predisposed down here in South Texas still working on these storm damages in the McAllen/Mission area. Once we get into the playoffs, I'll probably do some traveling to make the games. I'd sure love to be there, though. It's been a few years since Argyle has played a game in Celina. Almost like a reverse homecoming, lol. One thing's for sure...Argyle has the utmost respect for Celina, I can guarantee you that.

I 'm not on here too much, but I can't remember a disrespectful Argyle post about us or any of their other opponents. A class act.

bobcat1
11-08-2012, 05:12 PM
TXB said Argyle wins by 21 on the Sideline to Sideline Show. G2 said Argyle wins but not by that much. :thinking:

gatordaze
11-08-2012, 05:16 PM
Looks like 20+ mph winds from the south. Who does that favor?

firstdown
11-08-2012, 06:16 PM
Looks like 20+ mph winds from the south. Who does that favor?

who ever is headed north? :D

regaleagle
11-09-2012, 12:35 AM
I don't know what kind of kicker Celina has, but that part of the game could become a factor, esp. if the wind holds. Cole Hedland is our kicker and Sadler our punter. Both are valuable assets to our team in those functions. Seems to me like coaches either come to really trust the kicking game the team has developed, and the return phase also....or they show very little confidence in it and tend to minimize it as a weapon to minimize any mistakes that could result in turnovers. I think you can expect to see Argyle try to maximize their special teams in order to gain an advantage.

hollywood
11-09-2012, 07:32 AM
This should be a great one. Good luck to both!

gatordaze
11-09-2012, 07:46 AM
I don't know what kind of kicker Celina has, but that part of the game could become a factor, esp. if the wind holds. Cole Hedland is our kicker and Sadler our punter. Both are valuable assets to our team in those functions. Seems to me like coaches either come to really trust the kicking game the team has developed, and the return phase also....or they show very little confidence in it and tend to minimize it as a weapon to minimize any mistakes that could result in turnovers. I think you can expect to see Argyle try to maximize their special teams in order to gain an advantage.

I know what we won't do is kick to #5. We rarely punt even on 4th down.

firstdown
11-09-2012, 08:59 AM
I know what we won't do is kick to #5. We rarely punt even on 4th down.

That's not fair but probably a good decision. I have wondered numerous times this year why teams continued to kick the ball to him.

regaleagle
11-09-2012, 11:27 AM
The one game we lost this year against Wylie Sadler(#5) only had three touches. But that was the first game in Week 0 and the coaches were concerned about his return from the ACL surgery. Also, qb Boyzuick was at the helm in his maiden voyage. Right now, I don't know how the team will perform if Sadler is not a factor. Every game it seems like he scores several TD's and has some big plays. I'm 100% certain Celina will try to make him a non-factor in this game to neutralize Argyle's ability to score on big plays and kicks. He is an amazing player in the open field....just get him the ball and let him do his thing. He has moves and speed.

bobcat1
11-09-2012, 12:44 PM
Sounds like a heck of a player for sure.

gatordaze
11-09-2012, 12:44 PM
The one game we lost this year against Wylie Sadler(#5) only had three touches. But that was the first game in Week 0 and the coaches were concerned about his return from the ACL surgery. Also, qb Boyzuick was at the helm in his maiden voyage. Right now, I don't know how the team will perform if Sadler is not a factor. Every game it seems like he scores several TD's and has some big plays. I'm 100% certain Celina will try to make him a non-factor in this game to neutralize Argyle's ability to score on big plays and kicks. He is an amazing player in the open field....just get him the ball and let him do his thing. He has moves and speed.

I expect a lot of wildcat with him ad-libbing with the ball. 10-1 gap control and take care not to over penetrate will be key. I am somewhat glad that it is windy as I think it hampers kickers and yours are better than ours. We can kick it out of the end zone with the wind and probably squib kick away form #5 when going into the wind. May not get to kick off but once anyway based upon what the experts say about Argyle's strength. Gotta score to kick!

regaleagle
11-09-2012, 03:30 PM
Each team averages over 40 pts. per game. Argyle is averaging 44 and Celina 4l. Argyle gives up 10 pts per game and Celina is giving up just 12. These numbers are against the whole schedule of each team so far, but are inflated against better teams. I look for the scoring to fall in the range of 3-4 tds. for each team, no more. There will be some mistakes that lead to scores...perhaps by both teams. And there will be some drives that lead to scores....probably by both teams. I see the the game as being a total toss-up still in the 4th, with either team having a chance to win it in the last minutes. Good luck to both teams, and I pray there are no serious injuries to any player on either team.

gatordaze
11-09-2012, 11:52 PM
Each team averages over 40 pts. per game. Argyle is averaging 44 and Celina 4l. Argyle gives up 10 pts per game and Celina is giving up just 12. These numbers are against the whole schedule of each team so far, but are inflated against better teams. I look for the scoring to fall in the range of 3-4 tds. for each team, no more. There will be some mistakes that lead to scores...perhaps by both teams. And there will be some drives that lead to scores....probably by both teams. I see the the game as being a total toss-up still in the 4th, with either team having a chance to win it in the last minutes. Good luck to both teams, and I pray there are no serious injuries to any player on either team.

That was the most dominating defensive performance I have ever seen against Celina. Argyle pitched a shut out and it was not that close. Celina could not have had more than 40-50 yards of offense all night. Thursday night against Krum might very well be all she wrote for these Bobcats. Congratulations Argyle.

regaleagle
11-10-2012, 12:10 AM
Man, I hope Celina is really better than you guys are talking. I know you are down now after such a lopsided beat-down, but sometimes a game like this will wake up the team and bring them back to reality. I find it difficult to believe Celina is just a so-so team. They had a bad night and allowed themselves to be man-handled by a very physical Argyle defensive unit. Argyle is very fast on defense, and very physical. I believe Celina will bounce back next week against Krum and still do well in the playoffs. I just hope Argyle doesn't have a game like Celina just experienced. Can't afford that in the playoffs. Now it's win or you're out. Good luck to the Bobcats. We may see you later again at a neutral site.

bobcat1
11-10-2012, 12:15 AM
That was the most dominating defensive performance I have ever seen against Celina. Argyle pitched a shut out and it was not that close. Celina could not have had more than 40-50 yards of offense all night. Thursday night against Krum might very well be all she wrote for these Bobcats. Congratulations Argyle.Oh I thought it was B'Port. Krum is different.

Man, I hope Celina is really better than you guys are talking. I know you are down now after such a lopsided beat-down, but sometimes a game like this will wake up the team and bring them back to reality. I find it difficult to believe Celina is just a so-so team. They had a bad night and allowed themselves to be man-handled by a very physical Argyle defensive unit. Argyle is very fast on defense, and very physical. I believe Celina will bounce back next week against Krum and still do well in the playoffs. I just hope Argyle doesn't have a game like Celina just experienced. Can't afford that in the playoffs. Now it's win or you're out. Good luck to the Bobcats. We may see you later again at a neutral site. I really like the way you put the "lopsided beatdown" and be "man-handled" part in this post. It gives me insight. Thanks

regaleagle
11-10-2012, 12:27 AM
Well, I didn't play the game. Just looking at the stats and what happened tonite, that's an accurate description. I'm not saying Argyle is great, but Celina just got beat tonite all over the field by Argyle for one reason or another. It's not over yet by any stretch of the imagination, and Celina has just as much of a chance as any team to become the DII Champ in Region 2 this year. I'm just as surprised as anyone about this game. I certainly was hoping for a closer more exciting game between our schools. This kind of game is not necessarily the best thing that could have happened for Argyle going into the playoffs. Or for Celina. Let's hope both teams do well in the coming weeks and will have that rematch in the 4th round. I can remember the beatdowns Argyle was given in years past by the Celina Bobcats as well. We got over it, and got better because of it.

regaleagle
11-10-2012, 12:43 AM
Just to prove a point, the year my son was a junior Celina came to Argyle and destroyed us for the district title our last year both teams were in 2A. Celina went on to win the Class 2A Division II SC and all Argyle did was win out in the playoffs, eventually losing to Newton in the SC 2A Div.I title game @ Tyler Rose stadium 28-21. We got better.

Txbroadcaster
11-10-2012, 12:48 AM
Just to prove a point, the year my son was a junior Celina came to Argyle and destroyed us for the district title our last year both teams were in 2A. Celina went on to win the Class 2A Division II SC and all Argyle did was win out in the playoffs, eventually losing to Newton in the SC 2A Div.I title game @ Tyler Rose stadium 28-21. We got better.

problem is..3rd round Celina gets teams around the level of Argyle

regaleagle
11-10-2012, 12:51 AM
problem is..3rd round Celina gets teams around the level of Argyle

So does Argyle. At that point, all the teams left should be very competitive.

orange machine
11-10-2012, 01:00 AM
This game was embarrassing plan and simple. Argyle whooped butt and Celina looked like a has been! The spread offense if that's what you want to call it has been a total fail in my opinion. The blocking scheme they are using doesn't work. Its sad because there is a ton of talent out there and this team could be dominate, but the offensive schemes are screwed up. I hate second guessing the coach, but its not the players the talent is there!

3 and out
11-10-2012, 08:53 PM
This game was embarrassing plan and simple. Argyle whooped butt and Celina looked like a has been! The spread offense if that's what you want to call it has been a total fail in my opinion. The blocking scheme they are using doesn't work. Its sad because there is a ton of talent out there and this team could be dominate, but the offensive schemes are screwed up. I hate second guessing the coach, but its not the players the talent is there!

From one of your previous threads:
Hey I have an idea why don't you go to Bill first thing in the morning at the field house and tell him how to coach??? Then why don't you go grab a whistle and hit the field and coach them yourself??? You seem to know how to coach so well!

TAKE YOUR OWN ADVICE!

bobcat1
11-10-2012, 09:56 PM
problem is..3rd round Celina gets teams around the level of ArgyleYep

So does Argyle. At that point, all the teams left should be very competitive.Yep

Well, I didn't play the game. Just looking at the stats and what happened tonite, that's an accurate description. I'm not saying Argyle is great, but Celina just got beat tonite all over the field by Argyle for one reason or another. It's not over yet by any stretch of the imagination, and Celina has just as much of a chance as any team to become the DII Champ in Region 2 this year. I'm just as surprised as anyone about this game. I certainly was hoping for a closer more exciting game between our schools. This kind of game is not necessarily the best thing that could have happened for Argyle going into the playoffs. Or for Celina. Let's hope both teams do well in the coming weeks and will have that rematch in the 4th round. I can remember the beatdowns Argyle was given in years past by the Celina Bobcats as well. We got over it, and got better because of it.Celina will get better, maybe not this year but they will get better. Last night it stung a little, today it's time to move on to Round 1. Everyone has the same record right now and you only get to lose once. Good luck to Argyle, maybe we will meet again.

gatordaze
11-11-2012, 07:42 AM

I disagree. Celina makes a living by finding talent mismatches. IF you were the Argyle coach and could cherry pick the Celina roster to make your team better position by position, who would you take?

Celina would take 18-20 Argyle kids if we are being honest. Argyle is loaded compared to Celina. I expect great things from Argyle the next couple of years.

RPF2666
11-11-2012, 10:24 AM
Sadler was as advertised as a player. What I was surprised by was how much 'junk' he felt he need to talk the whole game! If he could learn
to 'shut up and play' he'd be well thought of by the people he's beating, not making a target out of himself!

Celina would take 18-20 Argyle kids if we are being honest. Argyle is loaded compared to Celina. I expect great things from Argyle the next couple of years.[/QUOTE]

bobcat1
11-11-2012, 11:26 AM
You can't fault the kid IMO for they way they act. It goes back to their raising and the way their "Sports Heroes" act. Just imitating.....

Old&Crusty
11-11-2012, 11:35 AM
Well, I didn't play the game. Just looking at the stats and what happened tonite, that's an accurate description. I'm not saying Argyle is great, but Celina just got beat tonite all over the field by Argyle for one reason or another. It's not over yet by any stretch of the imagination, and Celina has just as much of a chance as any team to become the DII Champ in Region 2 this year. I'm just as surprised as anyone about this game. I certainly was hoping for a closer more exciting game between our schools. This kind of game is not necessarily the best thing that could have happened for Argyle going into the playoffs. Or for Celina. Let's hope both teams do well in the coming weeks and will have that rematch in the 4th round. I can remember the beatdowns Argyle was given in years past by the Celina Bobcats as well. We got over it, and got better because of it.

Great game by Argyle. I was hoping for a closer score but I'm not too surprised by the one we got. Like I said earlier, Argyle is the team to beat and Celina is the underdog. No sandbagging, just the way it is this year. On Celina's part I thought the D showed well early on but got ground down by being on the field too long. I do not expect great things from the Bobcats until the 2014 season. Of course I hope sooner but we'll see. One thing I noticed about Argyle was they did not jiggle, they looked extremely fit and looked like they have practiced at a state playoff level. That shows a hunger by your players and coaches. I know what that looks like. I hope the Eagles win state. That would be great for our district. Good luck!

gomeangreen
11-11-2012, 11:37 AM
From one of your previous threads:
Hey I have an idea why don't you go to Bill first thing in the morning at the field house and tell him how to coach??? Then why don't you go grab a whistle and hit the field and coach them yourself??? You seem to know how to coach so well!

TAKE YOUR OWN ADVICE!

Hate to bring up what was said at the first of the season but like I said offensive coaching has been a problem in celina.the last 6 years. Again the way to beat celina is go full force at bills offence put your 10 in the box and he cannot adjust to it proof. Prosper twice kennadale lovejoy and so on

So the celina faithful can be happy with second round losses and beating up on inferior teams during the season this is what you will get until an newOC or bill leaves.

BLACK ATTACK
11-11-2012, 12:11 PM
Sadler was as advertised as a player. What I was surprised by was how much 'junk' he felt he need to talk the whole game! If he could learn
to 'shut up and play' he'd be well thought of by the people he's beating, not making a target out of himself!

Celina would take 18-20 Argyle kids if we are being honest. Argyle is loaded compared to Celina. I expect great things from Argyle the next couple of years.[/QUOTE]

Really? Really? You have got to be kidding. You couldn't have been at the same game I was at. Talking trash? Compared to who. Ya'll are getting destroyed by a team that you have no business on the field with and your LB's and sencondary are still talking trash from the opening whistle to the end. Not to mention ripping off helmets and slinging them to mid field, late hitting the quarterback, piling on after nearly every play, and flying in to cut Sadler's knee both during and after the play. I am usually not surprised at the things that go on when you play Celina because it's always this way, but it was worse than any of the 5 Argyle/Celina games I have watched. Sports Heroes, imitating.....please. Teams typically take on the personality of their coaches. After watching Friday night, if I were you, I would take a look in the mirror and be embarrassed and afraid of the direction Celina is going, both in their quality of play and the things that go on after and in between plays. Sadler was talking trash, imitating sports heroes, if that's all you got, then i wouldn't even post anymore in regards to this game. As far as how kids are raised, if what I saw Friday was a representation of how that happens in the land of the mighty orange, then ya'll have a lot of cleaning up to do. #55, who got absolutely obliterated by our LB, was just about the only player who didn't say a word. He would have had every reason to head-hunt somebody, but he didn't. He laid some nice licks, but all clean. Good player. The majority of the rest of them...not so much. Sadler talking trash. Give me a break.

marler1972
11-11-2012, 12:56 PM
zzzzzz

marler1972
11-11-2012, 01:01 PM
Really? Really? You have got to be kidding. You couldn't have been at the same game I was at. Talking trash? Compared to who. Ya'll are getting destroyed by a team that you have no business on the field with and your LB's and sencondary are still talking trash from the opening whistle to the end. Not to mention ripping off helmets and slinging them to mid field, late hitting the quarterback, piling on after nearly every play, and flying in to cut Sadler's knee both during and after the play. I am usually not surprised at the things that go on when you play Celina because it's always this way, but it was worse than any of the 5 Argyle/Celina games I have watched. Sports Heroes, imitating.....please. Teams typically take on the personality of their coaches. After watching Friday night, if I were you, I would take a look in the mirror and be embarrassed and afraid of the direction Celina is going, both in their quality of play and the things that go on after and in between plays. Sadler was talking trash, imitating sports heroes, if that's all you got, then i wouldn't even post anymore in regards to this game. As far as how kids are raised, if what I saw Friday was a representation of how that happens in the land of the mighty orange, then ya'll have a lot of cleaning up to do. #55, who got absolutely obliterated by our LB, was just about the only player who didn't say a word. He would have had every reason to head-hunt somebody, but he didn't. He laid some nice licks, but all clean. Good player. The majority of the rest of them...not so much. Sadler talking trash. Give me a break.[/QUOTE]

Get off your all almighty, it went both ways jackleg. They all trash talk I dont give one rats a$$ what you say. You are a class act. It is a game and stuff happens. Don't get on here talking about how are kids are raise you classless jerk. I guess you did not see the prayer circle after the game that was our kids asking Argyle to join.

BLACK ATTACK
11-11-2012, 01:05 PM
Really? Really? You have got to be kidding. You couldn't have been at the same game I was at. Talking trash? Compared to who. Ya'll are getting destroyed by a team that you have no business on the field with and your LB's and sencondary are still talking trash from the opening whistle to the end. Not to mention ripping off helmets and slinging them to mid field, late hitting the quarterback, piling on after nearly every play, and flying in to cut Sadler's knee both during and after the play. I am usually not surprised at the things that go on when you play Celina because it's always this way, but it was worse than any of the 5 Argyle/Celina games I have watched. Sports Heroes, imitating.....please. Teams typically take on the personality of their coaches. After watching Friday night, if I were you, I would take a look in the mirror and be embarrassed and afraid of the direction Celina is going, both in their quality of play and the things that go on after and in between plays. Sadler was talking trash, imitating sports heroes, if that's all you got, then i wouldn't even post anymore in regards to this game. As far as how kids are raised, if what I saw Friday was a representation of how that happens in the land of the mighty orange, then ya'll have a lot of cleaning up to do. #55, who got absolutely obliterated by our LB, was just about the only player who didn't say a word. He would have had every reason to head-hunt somebody, but he didn't. He laid some nice licks, but all clean. Good player. The majority of the rest of them...not so much. Sadler talking trash. Give me a break.

Get off your all almighty, it went both ways jackleg. They all trash talk I dont give one rats a$$ what you say. You are a class act. It is a game and stuff happens. Don't get on here talking about how are kids are raise you classless jerk. I guess you did not see the prayer circle after the game that was our kids asking Argyle to join.[/QUOTE]

If you would take the time to look at the whole thread, you would see that I didn't start this crap, you idiot. Yeah, i saw the prayer circle, that was nice. But it doesn't eliminate what took place on the field. You're the jackleg if you saw it any other way. It was one of your brethren that started the talk about how kids are raised.

marler1972
11-11-2012, 01:15 PM
Get off your all almighty, it went both ways jackleg. They all trash talk I dont give one rats a$$ what you say. You are a class act. It is a game and stuff happens. Don't get on here talking about how are kids are raise you classless jerk. I guess you did not see the prayer circle after the game that was our kids asking Argyle to join.

If you would take the time to look at the whole thread, you would see that I didn't start this crap, you idiot. Yeah, i saw the prayer circle, that was nice. But it doesn't eliminate what took place on the field. You're the jackleg if you saw it any other way. It was one of your brethren that started the talk about how kids are raised.[/QUOTE]

I saw that too, two wrongs dont make it right. I do not agree with what he said either. What takes place on the field is part of the game. I saw alot from both teams which if you have rose colored glasses then you would not see it that way.

regaleagle
11-11-2012, 01:18 PM
There's nothing gained here by deningrating the kids or coaches from either team. Both give tons of time and energy to this sport, and whatever happens on the field during the heat of the moment just comes with the territory of high school football. The coaches do a great job of instilling teamwork, positive thinking, and self-discipline in these boyz that they won't get elsewhere in today's world, except occasionally at the house. Celina is not that far in the woods as some on here are suggesting. It takes time to develop an effective spread offense schematically to make it work. OC Coach Harp has been honing this offensive scheme for 15 yrs....first at Flower Mound, now at Argyle for the last 10 seasons. It may appear from the stands to be simple, but it is far from that, believe me. Blocking schemes, critical timing issues, rb positions, reciever patterns, downfield blocking by the recieving corps, just lots of stuff to this offense to make it effective. No coaching staff will be able to teach all of this in 10 games.

BLACK ATTACK
11-11-2012, 01:22 PM
If you would take the time to look at the whole thread, you would see that I didn't start this crap, you idiot. Yeah, i saw the prayer circle, that was nice. But it doesn't eliminate what took place on the field. You're the jackleg if you saw it any other way. It was one of your brethren that started the talk about how kids are raised.

I saw that too, two wrongs dont make it right. I do not agree with what he said either. What takes place on the field is part of the game. I saw alot from both teams which if you have rose colored glasses then you would not see it that way.[/QUOTE]

I don't have any colored glasses on. Obviously I want Argyle to win, you want it the other way. But I was simply responding to what i view as an inappropriate comment about how kids are raised. Nothing more, nothing less

sandbagger
11-11-2012, 07:49 PM
this will be the biggest best down for celina since the prosper days. argyle by 28 or more

wow this is.................................nevermind enough said.

bobcat1
11-11-2012, 08:13 PM
You can't fault the kid IMO for they way they act. It goes back to their raising and the way their "Sports Heroes" act. Just imitating.....
To clear this up what I meant was ALL kids not anyone in particular. Sorry if my remark stepped on anyone's toes.

Back in the prehistoric time when I was raised showboating or mouthing wasn't tolerated. You didn't see it out of the Bob Lily's of the world either. You didn't see no where near on TV what you see today unless you snuck into a R rated movie or something like that. Parents would get right in the middle of your arse if you embarrassed them by the way you acted in public. These days not so much.

That's all I meant and again I apologize. As I said you can't blame the kids. It would probably not offended if I said it goes back to today's environment they are raised in.

83Indian
11-11-2012, 08:18 PM
To clear this up what I meant was ALL kids not anyone in particular. Sorry if my remark stepped on anyone's toes.

Back in the prehistoric time when I was raised showboating or mouthing wasn't tolerated. You didn't see it out of the Bob Lily's of the world either. You didn't see no where near on TV what you see today unless you snuck into a R rated movie or something like that. Parents would get right in the middle of your arse if you embarrassed them by the way you acted in public. These days not so much.

That's all I meant and again I apologize. As I said you can't blame the kids. It would probably not offended if I said it goes back to today's environment they are raised in.

You got that right Bobcat. Back in the day you didnt talk smack for fear of the refs and the coaches. Heck for that matter, we could not even run out of bounds to avoid a hit for fear of running grass drills on Mondays practice. Football has changed a lot from 29 years ago

bobcat1
11-11-2012, 08:35 PM
You got that right Bobcat. Back in the day you didnt talk smack for fear of the refs and the coaches. Heck for that matter, we could not even run out of bounds to avoid a hit for fear of running grass drills on Mondays practice. Football has changed a lot from 29 years ago So that makes 38 years ago even worse. :iagree:

Enigma
11-12-2012, 03:20 PM

Not good sir. Lets keep it on the up and up. Celina go beat in all facets of the game and will have to learn from this and put it behind them real soon. They may get another shot at Argyle in a few weeks. A lot of work in the meantime. Good luck to both Argyle and Celina going forward.