PDA

View Full Version : Texas Still win Big 12 Title?

Old Tiger
11-05-2012, 07:01 PM
If they win out and beat Kansas State does that mean they win the conference since K State already beat Oklahoma? What are the tie breakers and such.

Aesculus gilmus
11-05-2012, 07:21 PM
I think the BCS rankings come into play in that scenario and I see no way Texas can rise all that high in those, even if the Longhorns win out.

Besides, you've got all these Aggies on here who have already penciled in Texas to play A&M in the Cotton Bowl.

Apparently they have no faith that THEIR team can beat Alabama Saturday and eventually make a BCS bowl themselves. I have more faith in Sumlin and the Aggies than their own fan base does.

Rabid Cougar
11-05-2012, 07:21 PM
If they win out and beat Kansas State does that mean they win the conference since K State already beat Oklahoma? What are the tie breakers and such.

No chance in hades of that happening.

Rabid Cougar
11-05-2012, 07:22 PM
I think the BCS rankings come into play in that scenario and I see no way Texas can rise all that high in those, even if the Longhorns win out.

Besides, you've got all these Aggies on here who have already penciled in Texas to play A&M in the Cotton Bowl.

Apparently they have no faith that THEIR team can beat Alabama Saturday and eventually make a BCS bowl themselves. I have more faith in Sumlin and the Aggies than their own fan base does.

I am channeling 1968.

NastySlot
11-05-2012, 07:40 PM
Doesn't OU only have one loss.... A horn win would give still k state title if OU win s out and horns do also. Right?

NastySlot
11-05-2012, 07:41 PM

Thanks for the support

NastySlot
11-05-2012, 07:43 PM

What info can you give on 2014 gilmer commit

Aesculus gilmus
11-06-2012, 08:19 AM
What info can you give on 2014 gilmer commit

It's an overused term, but Josh Walker is indeed a BEAST! Seemingly a nice guy off the field, but something happens when he puts on the orange and black.

Sumlin is going to get you a lot of recruits who normally would not have taken a second look at Aggieland.

oldtownag
11-06-2012, 08:23 AM

Apparently you sips have already forgotten that both Oklahoma and West "By God" Virginia beat you. That is two losses, not one.

Remember when West Virginia was a top 5 team?

NastySlot
11-06-2012, 08:50 AM
Sumlin is going to get you a lot of recruits who normally would not have taken a second look at Aggieland.

I hope you re right.

Scoop27
11-06-2012, 09:11 AM
The loss to West Virginia was a fluke

Saggy Aggie
11-06-2012, 09:42 AM

Haha of course. And a&m doesn't deserve to be ranked... Right?

jockcity33
11-06-2012, 09:55 AM

The win vs Texas Tech was a FLUKE!!!

movethechain
11-06-2012, 11:05 AM
Josh has played more on offense recently with Kris Boyd nursing an ankle. As a running back, he brings back memories of Rodney Thomas. Josh, like Rodney was, is a human bulldozer and one-man weapon of mass destruction who prefers to run over and trample defenses, rather than cut and spin. With that said, Josh is who you want on your defense ... fast, strong and smart. The term "Wrecking Crew" describes the kind of defensive player you get with Josh.

Scoop27
11-06-2012, 03:16 PM
The win over Tech was not a fluke. Raiders scored only two TDs I think and had 3 field goals.
Longhorns defense has played well after the losses to West Virginia and Oklahoma.
Offensively- just give the ball to Jonathan Gray and pass to Shipley.
They will win big over Iowa State on Saturday.

jockcity33
11-06-2012, 03:51 PM
Tech played probably the second worst game of their year offensively and defensively, very questionable play calling in the red zone, cost Tech the game.

I will agree that Gray is legit as well as Shipley, but really Shipely did not hurt Tech it was #1

Scoop27
11-06-2012, 04:47 PM
I think the turning point in the game was in the second half when UT defense forced field goals.
UT offense was almost non existent in the 2nd half until Gray was getting carries in the final two minutes of the game to run out the clock.
Longhorns almost got a TD I think on the last play of the first half.
Longhorns have a great punter and kicker. The Field goal in the 2nd half was also big.
I really thought the Raiders would win this game-especially it being in Lubbock.
I think the Longorns have a chance to win at least 3 of their 4 games. They will most likely lose to Kanas State.
The TCU game on Turkey Day will be a good one