Devine vs. Orange Grove
Raymondville vs. LaFeria
Wharton vs. LaGrange
Geronimo Navarro vs. Pleasanton
Lytle vs. Sinton
Lyford vs. Port Isabel

txsportswriter
11-05-2012, 06:35 PM
Sure hope this pans out. I like Yoakum's chances against Bellville. We scrimmaged them way back on August.

Pudlugger
11-05-2012, 06:46 PM
Sure hope this pans out. I like Yoakum's chances against Bellville. We scrimmaged them way back on August.

That would be a good match up. It all hinges on whose defense steps up. Yoakum defending the run or Bellville defending the pass.

MustangFootball
11-05-2012, 08:09 PM
So does it really look like Hondo is not gonna make the playoffs out of district 29, I thought Ingleside was gonna get them in the 1st round.

sotex
11-05-2012, 08:26 PM
The only way Hondo makes the playoffs is IF they beat Devine this Friday. A loss to Devine puts them in a three way tie with Lytle and Carrizo Springs and the Owls would stay home based on positive points.

Matthew328
11-05-2012, 08:28 PM
Here's how the tiebreaker in the district works

Here's what I got regarding the tiebreaker in this district....as it looks like Hondo, Lytle and Carrizo Springs are all going to tie at 3-2.

The district rule for a 3 way tie when all teams split is 17 points positive ONLY, which means the result of losing game doesn't factor in.

Right now

Lytle is +17
Carrizo Springs is +15
Hondo is +4

Hondo needed to beat Lytle by +17 to be in good shape for the playoffs

If everyone finishes 3-2
Lytle gets the second place spot based on tops in points. Then it reverts back to head to head for third, which Carrizo would have the edge on and Carrizo gets the final spot.

Hondo's only hope to get in is to beat Devine...if they beat Devine they are in

ApachePride
11-05-2012, 09:27 PM
According to DCTF, Boerne has a smaller enrollment than Wimberley and Navarro. Wimberley goes D-1

Matthew328
11-05-2012, 09:33 PM
According to DCTF, Boerne has a smaller enrollment than Wimberley and Navarro. Wimberley goes D-1

Your first mistake was looking at DCTF..they've thrown out about four wrong items today regarding the playoffs....

Boerne's enrollment is 958 according to the UIL

http://www.uiltexas.org/files/alignments/3A-fb-bb-enroll-2012.pdf

ApachePride
11-06-2012, 11:10 AM
I knew Boerne lost a lot of students to Champion High, but I didn't think they were smaller than Navarro. Thanks for the info..

Matthew328
11-06-2012, 11:14 AM
No problem :)