Houston Kashmere vs. Columbia
Waco Connally vs. Navasota
Groesbeck vs. Center
Bridge City vs. Coldspring
Houston Furr vs. LaMarque

Is it an issue if I post this to fb?

rb585
11-05-2012, 06:53 PM
1. If I'm reading the schedule right, Taylor is officially in, so Navasota is a lock for D II, correct?

2. The bottom half of that D II bracket looks a lot tougher than the top... Coldspring-LaMarque rematch in the second round would be awesome, and then the winner would get Navasota. Wow.

BTW Matthew, thanks for doing these! The only thing I'd suggest is bolding teams that are locked in to their placements.

HEMOTOXIC
11-05-2012, 10:51 PM
OK, just so I understand this correctly, if Lorena wins, they are in. Connally and China Spring will be tied for the 3rd playoff spot. China Spring gets in because they beat Connally. Navasota vs China Spring?

If China Spring wins, Connally gets in as the #3 team because they beat Lorena. Navasota vs Connally?

Yoe_09
11-05-2012, 10:53 PM
OK, just so I understand this correctly, if Lorena wins, they are in. Connally and China Spring will be tied for the 3rd playoff spot. China Spring gets in because they beat Connally. Navasota vs China Spring?

If China Spring wins, Connally gets in as the #3 team because they beat Lorena. Navasota vs Connally?

You are correct.

Yoe_09
11-05-2012, 10:55 PM
Where do you believe that game would be played. I would have to say either Waco, Bryan/CS, or possibly Temple.

cougartino
11-06-2012, 12:18 AM
La Marque will play the winner of the Worthing v Furr game.

HEMOTOXIC
11-06-2012, 08:32 AM
Where do you believe that game would be played. I would have to say either Waco, Bryan/CS, or possibly Temple.

Well, I am hearing that Waco ISD is booked for either Waco High or for the Stephenville/Burnet game for that Friday. I'm hoping for Merrill Green in Bryan although there's big time construction going on-on Briacrest Dr. A&M Consolidated would be ok as long as we are the home team. The last time we played a playoff game there, the visitors side wasn't big enough. Bower Stadium would be ideal as would Cougar Statdium at the new College Station High School. Hopefully, we don't go back to Round Rock. I love the stadiums but that would be a long drive for a Friday night game.

Rabid Cougar
11-06-2012, 09:19 AM
Well, I am hearing that Waco ISD is booked for either Waco High or for the Stephenville/Burnet game for that Friday. I'm hoping for Merrill Green in Bryan although there's big time construction going on-on Briacrest Dr. A&M Consolidated would be ok as long as we are the home team. The last time we played a playoff game there, the visitors side wasn't big enough. Bower Stadium would be ideal as would Cougar Statdium at the new College Station High School. Hopefully, we don't go back to Round Rock. I love the stadiums but that would be a long drive for a Friday night game.

BCS? Might as well play home and home. I vote Cameron. I know Navasota fans love Cameron.

Yoe_09
11-06-2012, 10:48 PM

Yeah if you play at either Waco or Bryan/CS it will be lopsided in terms of travel. I heard Temple is reserved so that would be out. Has Navasota reserved any stadiums yet?

Matthew328
11-06-2012, 10:51 PM
Wonder if something like Belton, Killeen or Georgetown would be an option?

HEMOTOXIC
11-06-2012, 10:54 PM
Yeah if you play at either Waco or Bryan/CS it will be lopsided in terms of travel. I heard Temple is reserved so that would be out. Has Navasota reserved any stadiums yet?

From a couple of players, Thursday, Bryan's Merrill Green Stadium @ 7pm.

varsity parent
11-07-2012, 02:15 AM
That's ok that all polls and predictions leave Lorena out. Been happening for years. We are always picked at the bottom. We were picked fifth in our district pre-season. Oh well, maybe we will maybe we wont. If we don't then it wont surprise anyone right?

Roughneck93
11-07-2012, 08:11 AM
Read this on chron.com...

Playoff race in 23-3A:

Yates is in.

Kashmere gets in unless all of the following happens: Kashmere loses to Sterling by at least 11, Yates wins and Furr wins.

Sterling gets in with a win and a Furr loss. Sterling also gets in if it beats Kashmere by at least 11 and Yates and Furr win.

Furr gets in with a win and a Sterling loss. Furr also gets in if Yates wins, Kashmere wins and Furr loses to Worthing by fewer than 16 points. Furr also gets in with a win, a Yates win and a Kashmere loss. Furr also gets in with a win, a Kashmere win and a Yates loss.

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/article/Breaking-down-the-area-s-football-playoff-races-4010958.php

87 TIGER
11-07-2012, 09:20 AM
Cameron? That stadium would be terrible. What you can seat about 150 people on visitor side?

87 TIGER
11-07-2012, 09:21 AM
Yeah if you play at either Waco or Bryan/CS it will be lopsided in terms of travel. I heard Temple is reserved so that would be out. Has Navasota reserved any stadiums yet?temple is reserved by Rockdale right now

Rabid Cougar
11-07-2012, 09:43 AM
Cameron? That stadium would be terrible. What you can seat about 150 people on visitor side?

Yes but Navasota has lost games at Cameron. Bad JuJu!

If China Spring is in the conversation with Navasota, we will be going to Round Rock or Georgetown.

I personally will be in Temple though vs my old friends from Rockdale.

Yoe_09
11-07-2012, 10:48 AM
There really wouldn't be many 2A or 3A stadiums that would host 3A+ playoff games. El Campo is one that comes to mind that would probably work.

I do suppose Rockdale has it reserved for Friday, correct?

HEMOTOXIC
11-07-2012, 11:15 AM

If China Spring is in the conversation with Navasota, we will be going to Round Rock or Georgetown.

From what I remember, Navasota has loss once at Cameron and twice @ Rattler Stadium to Yoe.

HEMOTOXIC
11-07-2012, 11:17 AM

From what I've heard, right now, the game will be Thursday in Bryan at 7pm no matter who the opponent is.

87 TIGER
11-09-2012, 12:30 AM
Now I'm hearing killeen , not temple. Rockdale, Caldwell vs china, Lorena

Rabid Cougar
11-09-2012, 09:46 AM
Now I'm hearing killeen , not temple. Rockdale, Caldwell vs china, Lorena

You are correct.