PDA

View Full Version : Stephenville-Burnet Location

Matthew328
11-05-2012, 02:51 PM
Hearing Midway's stadium is not available Friday night, Waco ISD is being held off right now because Waco High has first dibs on the stadium, they are flipping for home and home with 3 different Fort Worth schools on their playoff game...so that leaves Stephenville and Burnet either having to play in Waco not on Friday or trying to find another spot to play...

Coondog
11-05-2012, 03:08 PM
what's wrong with Saturday? simple. i don't really care as long as our coaching staff doesn't do another friday night in denton

toddg
11-05-2012, 03:09 PM
Hearing Midway's stadium is not available Friday night, Waco ISD is being held off right now because Waco High has first dibs on the stadium, they are flipping for home and home with 3 different Fort Worth schools on their playoff game...so that leaves Stephenville and Burnet either having to play in Waco not on Friday or trying to find another spot to play...

if they flip for home and home, and Stephenville wins the flip, coach G should consider Joshua's very nice, yet underused stadium...or Aledo!

Matthew328
11-05-2012, 03:10 PM
I dont think anyone wants to play Saturday, not w/the champ games being on Friday. Joshua has a great stadium but the locker rooms are too small.
My guess is if Waco falls through, they look at Temple

Bosqueville
11-05-2012, 03:22 PM
Gordon Wood Stadium is available...

toddg
11-05-2012, 03:28 PM
Waxahachie would suffice...the fancy home side would appeal to the Jacket faithful..http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/CBSA/smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-054.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

the Alvarado folks, atleast the one left cause the rest is at the Indians game, could line Hwy 67 and greet them as they pass through!!

Matthew328
11-05-2012, 03:38 PM
Quick update...Waco ISD is not going to 3 different flips..they are doing one flip FWISD vs. Waco ISD...so if Waco wins the flip they'll play FWISD opponent at Waco ISD on Friday....if Waco loses the flip they'll play FWISD either at Farrington on Friday or Clark on Thursday..if Waco loses the flip Stephenville-Burnet slide back into Waco ISD Friday night..

FWIW Stephenville will not play at Brownwood...no way no how

Matthew328
11-05-2012, 03:39 PM
Also Temple is not available Friday...

toddg
11-05-2012, 03:48 PM
Quick update...Waco ISD is not going to 3 different flips..they are doing one flip FWISD vs. Waco ISD...so if Waco wins the flip they'll play FWISD opponent at Waco ISD on Friday....if Waco loses the flip they'll play FWISD either at Farrington on Friday or Clark on Thursday..if Waco loses the flip Stephenville-Burnet slide back into Waco ISD Friday night..

if Stephenville wins a flip, couldnt they just pick memorial stadium in Stephenville?

Matthew328
11-05-2012, 03:55 PM
Stephenville isn't involved in a flip right now...they and Burnet have mutually agreed to Waco ISD so no flip is needed if that stadium is available

Ernest T Bass
11-05-2012, 04:05 PM
I dont think anyone wants to play Saturday, not w/the champ games being on Friday. Joshua has a great stadium but the locker rooms are too small.
My guess is if Waco falls through, they look at Temple

This. You have to totally rearrange your work schedule if you play on saturday. Since then championship game is on Friday, expect everyone to play on Friday.

Cam
11-05-2012, 04:06 PM
Well, if Burnet does beat Lampasas and makes the playoffs......How's about Killeen?....it's alot closer for us!...:D......plus, if the Ville beats the hell out of us, the drive home would be short which would reduce the chances of Burnetian road rage happening!!...:foul::vrycnfsd::devil:

jason
11-05-2012, 05:06 PM
@ copperas cove maybe?
they have nice facilities, just crappy parking on the home side

bwdlionfan
11-05-2012, 06:36 PM
if they flip for home and home, and Stephenville wins the flip, coach G should consider Joshua's very nice, yet underused stadium...or Aledo!

This is the second time youve suggested this. Have you ever looked at a map? Do you know where Burnet is?

bwdlionfan
11-05-2012, 06:37 PM

So brownwood will play in stephenville but stephenville wont play in brownwood??

vtskneb
11-05-2012, 06:42 PM
So brownwood will play in stephenville but stephenville wont play in brownwood??

Have you ever been to Brownwood? What a dump! :D Can you blame the great souls in Erath County for not wanting to travel to ol' Browneye county?

In truthiness to your question, Brownwood would do the same if it were a SISD facility and not owned by Tarleton.

toddg
11-05-2012, 06:52 PM
This is the second time youve suggested this. Have you ever looked at a map? Do you know where Burnet is?

yep i know where Burnet is...if you win a home and home flip.. then the other team will travel, but in retrospect, in the case of Stephenville,,memorial stadium would make more sense of course.

bwdlionfan
11-05-2012, 07:19 PM
Have you ever been to Brownwood? What a dump! :D Can you blame the great souls in Erath County for not wanting to travel to ol' Browneye county?

In truthiness to your question, Brownwood would do the same if it were a SISD facility and not owned by Tarleton.

Didnt Sville play a playoff game, or maybe a neutral site regular season game in Bwood about 8-10 years ago?

vtskneb
11-05-2012, 09:20 PM
Didnt Sville play a playoff game, or maybe a neutral site regular season game in Bwood about 8-10 years ago?

No..

Sville
11-05-2012, 09:38 PM
I like GWS in Bwood, we play well there.

Matthew328
11-06-2012, 12:34 PM
Waco and Fort Worth agreed to play in DeSoto....
Stephenviille-Burnet Friday at Waco ISD

hollywood
11-06-2012, 12:46 PM
Waco and Fort Worth agreed to play in DeSoto....
Stephenviille-Burnet Friday at Waco ISD

Awesome! So depending on how the game is going between Stephenville vs Burnet, I could slide over to Midway, just down the road, to catch the second half of Alvarado vs Gatesville. :clap: I like it!

football crazy
11-09-2012, 05:54 PM

Too bad that big, bad Stephenville cant afford their own stadium. Must be nice to have a state univerisity to sponge off of for football and economy as a whole. I am new to 3adl but I have already discovered you are an obnoxious @#$$#@#&*&$#@#$#

JacketBacker
11-09-2012, 07:02 PM
Too bad that big, bad Stephenville cant afford their own stadium. Must be nice to have a state univerisity to sponge off of for football and economy as a whole. I am new to 3adl but I have already discovered you are an obnoxious @#$$#@#&*&$#@#$#

I am also new to 3ADL and based on your comment you must be jealous of every town/city that has a state university in its vicinity. I suggest you reconsider your statement.

Emerson1
11-09-2012, 07:22 PM
Heartland.

Crandall ISD?

Emerson1
11-09-2012, 07:24 PM
Stephenville isn't involved in a flip right now...they and Burnet have mutually agreed to Waco ISD so no flip is needed if that stadium is available
If Cove makes the playoffs they will push for Waco ISD with Floyd Casey being unavailable since Baylor is at home(or can Welch get RGIII to make a call?).

Have you heard anything on the potential Cove v. DFW team?

Matthew328
11-09-2012, 08:11 PM
Cove's not getting Waco ISD on Friday....they might have it Sat

BwdLion73
11-09-2012, 08:40 PM
Bwd.---Glen Rose in Stephenville next Friday. Silly Jackets:rolleyes:

hollywood
11-09-2012, 09:10 PM
Bwd.---Glen Rose in Stephenville next Friday. Silly Jackets:rolleyes:

Yep. And if you don't know how good Glen Rose is this season, you're about to find out.

BwdLion73
11-09-2012, 09:55 PM
Yep. And if you don't know how good Glen Rose is this season, you're about to find out.

I think Brownwood knows...were going to go ahead and show up.

hollywood
11-09-2012, 10:23 PM
I think Brownwood knows...were going to go ahead and show up.

Not ensuing anything, you just have to see it for yourself.

BwdLion73
11-09-2012, 10:51 PM
Not ensuing anything, you just have to see it for yourself.

I'd love to see it but I'm stuck up near New Jersey trying to straighten out these ya-hoos.