PDA

View Full Version : Best all around program in 3A?

TexasFight
11-05-2012, 01:04 PM
Abilene Wylie
Football - State Champs, once they dispose of an over confident, over-rated Sville in rd 3
Boys Basketball - Lost to Argyle (last year's SC) by a deuce, 5 returning starters
Girls basketball - 2x defending state champion and another trip to Austin this year
Volleyball - 2x state finalist and ranked #1 all year...
Baseball - District champions again
Track - Finished 2nd and 3rd in the Region and have 3 of 4 returners on boys 4x100 relay (which got screwed out of shot at going to Austin last year).

And oh yeah, our band is competing at state today.....

firstdown
11-05-2012, 01:12 PM
hmmm I think that is what the Lonestar Cup winner is, and the winner of that would be Argyle.

look here for the proof:
http://www.uiltexas.org/lone-star-cup

Ville-D
11-05-2012, 01:18 PM
Abilene Wylie
Football - State Champs, once they dispose of an over confident, over-rated Sville in rd 3
Boys Basketball - Lost to Argyle (last year's SC) by a deuce, 5 returning starters
Girls basketball - 2x defending state champion and another trip to Austin this year
Track - Finished 2nd and 3rd in the Region and have 3 of 4 returners on boys 4x100 relay (which got screwed out of shot at going to Austin last year).

You are right. AW is the best. See you in Round 3. Hope you make it. Stay healthy. Now don't be late to Band Practice.

firstdown
11-05-2012, 01:21 PM
You are right. AW is the best. See you in Round 3. Hope you make it. Stay healthy. Now don't be late to Band Practice.

:fnypost:

Ville-D
11-05-2012, 01:22 PM
hmmm I think that is what the Lonestar Cup winner is, and the winner of that would be Argyle.

look here for the proof:
http://www.uiltexas.org/lone-star-cup

Everyone knows that a 22 point victory over AW and LL in the LSC does not make Argyle better. I mean... come on... only 22 points? What kind of a victory is that?

hollywood
11-05-2012, 01:22 PM
Abilene Wylie

FYI -- Sville is not over confident. A little cocky, yes. But not over confident. Confidence is good. Btw, Sville will continue to own AW, get used to it. ;)

gambler1606
11-05-2012, 01:24 PM
you are right. Aw is the best. See you in round 3. Hope you make it. Stay healthy. Now don't be late to band practice.

lmao!!!

FB-fanatic
11-05-2012, 01:58 PM
I kinda like our 8th or 9th place finish out of 183 schools, myself.

firstdown
11-05-2012, 02:02 PM
I kinda like our 9th place finish out of 183 schools, myself.

There I fixed that for you, it was a 9th and congrats you should be proud of your school. Whats your enrollment?

Indian 1985
11-05-2012, 02:04 PM

LOL! Good one!

TexasFight
11-05-2012, 02:46 PM
No doubt Argyle won the Lone Star Cup and deservedly. We kicked their butt at the football game when they had their awards ceremony. They are a quality school. For this particular thread, I wasn't considering academics in the equation...and I also forgot to mention that Wylie has won state in tennis for the past few years. Just pointing out that based on athletics, Wylie is very well rounded. I didn't see any mention of Stephenville in the 4A Lone Star Cup (but I did see Aledo).

Maybe the Yellow bellies, er, Jackets could brush up on your One Act Play since it is apparent you are a one sport school.

Crow22
11-05-2012, 03:06 PM
Abilene Wylie

So they've already won the football state championship and made it to Austin this year in girls basketball??? What month is it? Did I fall asleep and miss the fall/spring semesters?

firstdown
11-05-2012, 03:12 PM
No doubt Argyle won the Lone Star Cup and deservedly. We kicked their butt at the football game when they had their awards ceremony. They are a quality school. For this particular thread, I wasn't considering academics in the equation...and I also forgot to mention that Wylie has won state in tennis for the past few years. Just pointing out that based on athletics, Wylie is very well rounded. I didn't see any mention of Stephenville in the 4A Lone Star Cup (but I did see Aledo).

Maybe the Yellow bellies, er, Jackets could brush up on your One Act Play since it is apparent you are a one sport school.

What does all around program mean? You brought in your band (ours is better) into the equation so I assumed we were talking "all around" not just sports. That being said Argyle is still better all around in sports than Wylie even with the butt kicking you gave us earlier this year.

Coondog
11-05-2012, 03:13 PM
we beat AW in football and basketball last year remember? you forgot we beat you on your home court last year. i promise you that you will not be beating us in basketball. the group that will be Jrs this year are 77-4 over the last 4 years. this group went 27-1 last year in a district that can play a little basketball. you will have a better chance of beating us in football than basketball

toddg
11-05-2012, 03:20 PM
we beat AW in football and basketball last year remember? you forgot we beat you on your home court last year. i promise you that you will not be beating us in basketball. the group that will be Jrs this year are 77-4 over the last 4 years. this group went 27-1 last year in a district that can play a little basketball. you will have a better chance of beating us in football than basketball

Alvarado beat ya'll in roundball last yearhttp://www.smileyvault.com/albums/CBSA/smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-042.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

TexasFight
11-05-2012, 03:30 PM
That's right, you did beat us last year. I forgot about that...if i remember, it was early and we were both just getting our football players into bball. It is certainly going to be a fun year. Good competition is better for everyone. good luck!

TexasFight
11-05-2012, 03:31 PM
Umm, no, we beat you in the regional semi finals in Lubbock. then we lost to Estacado in the Regional Finals.

FB-fanatic
11-05-2012, 04:47 PM
There I fixed that for you, it was a 9th and congrats you should be proud of your school. Whats your enrollment?

Lorena enrollment = 514

ccmom
11-05-2012, 04:50 PM
Umm, no, we beat you in the regional semi finals in Lubbock. then we lost to Estacado in the Regional Finals.

I'm pretty sure toddg was talking about beating Stephenville in basketball, not Wylie.

Oh and Wylie didn't play Alvarado in regional tourney. Alvarado played Estacado and Wylie played Dalhart in the regional semis. Then Wylie played Estacado in finals. Anyway...carry on....;)

Bassact
11-05-2012, 05:23 PM
Liberty Hill.. First class all the way around in athletics and academics.. and next year they''ll have a first class facility.

nobogey72
11-05-2012, 05:50 PM

You might ought to do some checking around. I'll remind you of this post about Feb or March. And, I'll accept any wager you want to make.

bp80884
11-05-2012, 07:21 PM
Well, if we are bringing the band in, Isay China Spring. IMO, we have never lost halftime and our band just made state today.

We are proud of our entire school and all program. For the record, if you don't think your school is the best..

AW would be my vote behind us!

garciap77
11-05-2012, 07:30 PM
Abilene Wylie!!!! Who else???

Alvarado beat ya'll in roundball last yearhttp://www.smileyvault.com/albums/CBSA/smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-042.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

Our JV beat our Varsity last year.
Like I've said before our basketball team with the incoming JV will be really good.

bigwood33
11-06-2012, 07:26 AM
Well, if we are bringing the band in, Isay China Spring. IMO, we have never lost halftime and our band just made state today.

We are proud of our entire school and all program. For the record, if you don't think your school is the best..

Unless C'S played Argyle. I'm not from Argyle but can assure you that year in and year out, Argyle is the best. They have won state the last 2 "state years".
It is clear that everyone is proud of their school and their kids but if you are objective, Argyle is the best by a narrow margin over AW, LH, etc.

firstdown
11-06-2012, 09:42 AM

Guess what, Argyle won the state championship....again that makes 5 times oh and so you can see where CS finished:

http://utdirect.utexas.edu/uilsmbc/lbw2_sched_results.WBX?s_conference=3A&s_round=2&s_display_sw=R

regaleagle
11-06-2012, 10:33 AM
Yesirree folks, they won it again. Let's see now....5 state championships in 11 seasons when they only give the award out every other season to the marching band. Little ol' Argyle with only 660 students that fields a band of close to 100 members and a football team that platoons its players. And the football team has never had a losing season....this year makes 10 playoff seasons out of eleven years. The first year we had only Frosh and Soph. classes....no Jrs. or Srs. How do they keep winning in everything?

PS: It must be the Argyllian way, lol. Y'all have probably seen some of our spacecraft buzzing around the skies of Texas at one time or another.

franz
11-06-2012, 11:15 AM
Our JV beat our Varsity last year.
Like I've said before our basketball team with the incoming JV will be really good.

If your last year JV makes up the good part of your team, you will not beat Wylie. Having said that, we do play in Stephenville where the only time I have ever seen a player put his hands up running down court to deny a pass on a fast break get called for face guarding.

Coondog
11-06-2012, 02:53 PM
franz i was there and saw that and LMAO! three of the soph's were on the team that beat you last year and like i said earlier this group of JR's has lost 4 games in 4 years. everyone in the ville will tell you that this is the best group to ever come through stephenville high school.

franz
11-06-2012, 03:55 PM
franz i was there and saw that and LMAO! three of the soph's were on the team that beat you last year and like i said earlier this group of JR's has lost 4 games in 4 years. everyone in the ville will tell you that this is the best group to ever come through stephenville high school.

Will get an idea on Saturday

Ville-D
11-07-2012, 11:24 AM
I didn't see any mention of Stephenville in the 4A Lone Star Cup (but I did see Aledo).

In 4a we were a 1 or 2 sport school. In football we could step on the field with any team and have a good chance of winning in most situations. Girls basketball & volleyball were competitive off and on.

By dropping down to 3A we have a much greater chance to compete in all areas now, not to mention DOMINATE in football. See you soon. Stay healthy my friend... :evilgrin:

Resistance is futile. :nerd:

No our basketball team is missing half its players. The subs are all jv. Its going to be a long road until football is over.

franz
11-07-2012, 07:44 PM
No our basketball team is missing half its players. The subs are all jv. Its going to be a long road until football is over.

I'm confused, I thought the junior group played basketball together year round and beat the varsity half the time.

I'm confused, I thought the junior group played basketball together year round and beat the varsity half the time.

There are 6 that I can think of in football that are juniors. That have played together for years. Plus Stidham (10th)
The Seniors who might play dont play travel ball.

partimefan
11-09-2012, 04:00 PM
Check out the demographics for the Lone Star Cup Schools + a few other of interest. Do you see any similarities?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Agt1-YKzDiWjdE1XdEllZ3dLM1NvZ1FOTXBkV2wzb1E#gid=0

toddg
11-09-2012, 05:36 PM
Check out the demographics for the Lone Star Cup Schools + a few other of interest. Do you see any similarities?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Agt1-YKzDiWjdE1XdEllZ3dLM1NvZ1FOTXBkV2wzb1E#gid=0

they all have at or less than 1% native americans

holcomb2012
11-09-2012, 10:58 PM
Abilene Wylie

You forgot about your state tennis champs again.

So what did you think of the basketball scrimmage? Ville played with only 5 starters and the rest will be moved down to JV. Missing 6 key players today and I heard they played well.

regaleagle
11-11-2012, 01:12 AM
Abilene Wylie

How's your speed-knitting team looking this year???

FB-fanatic
11-11-2012, 01:00 PM

Lorena is the smallest school in the group. Not bad for the case of getting much from few.

FB-fanatic
11-11-2012, 01:01 PM

Lorena is the smallest school in the group. Not bad for the case of getting much from few.

Originally Posted by franz

So Franz what did you think? You seem to keep up with Bball.