PDA

View Full Version : The Undefeateds: Who are they and how far will they go?

regaleagle
11-05-2012, 12:35 PM
I think this would be a good time for all the undefeateds in 3A to be recognized this week going into the final week of the season. Also, how many of these teams will win again this week against their opponent to remain undefeated? Is there a team that has already finished their regular season undefeated and will not be playing this week? Please list those teams here if you know some. Also list who they will be playing this week and that team's chances of knocking them from the unbeaten ranks. I will start it off with District 9.

ctown81
11-05-2012, 03:32 PM
I think this would be a good time for all the undefeateds in 3A to be recognized this week going into the final week of the season. Also, how many of these teams will win again this week against their opponent to remain undefeated? Is there a team that has already finished their regular season undefeated and will not be playing this week? Please list those teams here if you know some. Also list who they will be playing this week and that team's chances of knocking them from the unbeaten ranks. I will start it off with District 9.

Who are the undefeateds?

HEMOTOXIC
11-05-2012, 03:35 PM
Navasota 9-0 vs Taylor @ Rattler Stadium. Unless something really crazy happens, the Rattlers will not only finish 10-0 but go one to a 16-0 season.

Pendragon13
11-05-2012, 03:36 PM
Abilene Wylie for one, and no reason to believe we won't still be after Friday. Of course it's all for naught since S'ville has already been crowned state champion...we might as well get the football players that play BBall back to shooting hoops.

hollywood
11-05-2012, 04:11 PM
Abilene Wylie for one, and no reason to believe we won't still be after Friday. Of course it's all for naught since S'ville has already been crowned state champion...we might as well get the football players that play BBall back to shooting hoops.

how many times do you have to be reminded Pendragon13? Stephenville owns Abilene Wylie!

:D

Honestly, AW is a great program and I would love to to see this match up, if the Jackets make it that far. ;)

Aggie98
11-05-2012, 04:33 PM
Kilgore is undefeated and will face 8-1 Gilmer to decide who is the Champion of the District of Doom.

FB-fanatic
11-05-2012, 04:38 PM
West Orange-Stark 9-0 vs. Silsbee 8-1.

oldtownag
11-05-2012, 04:49 PM
Navasota 9-0 vs Taylor @ Rattler Stadium. Unless something really crazy happens, the Rattlers will not only finish 10-0 but go one to a 16-0 season.

I would like to now officially throw my support behind the Rattler's. Good luck.

hollywood
11-05-2012, 05:16 PM
I would like to now officially throw my support behind the Rattler's. Good luck.

I second that oldtownag! I'll also support Carthage unless Stephenville and Carthage make it to the big dance!

Oh yeah, Hook 'Em! :D

regaleagle
11-05-2012, 10:15 PM
Sorry I didn't finish my thread to start off the undefeateds. I got interrupted this a.m. Back on topic, District 9 has Gainesville at 9-0 playing Bridgeport this week. If Bridgeport knocks them off, there will be a 3-way tie for the district title between Bridgeport, Gainesville, and Krum. I don't know their tiebreaker system, but Krum has already defeated Bridgeport, and Gainesville defeated Krum last week 20-19. Krum is done at 9-1. I believe Bridgeport stands at 4-5, but is 2-1 in district. At this juncture, all three are in the playoffs, but the district title is still in the air. Gainesville will be the D1, Krum and Bridgeport second and third D-2's respectively. A Gainesville win will secure the Leopards a district title and undefeated 10-0 regular season record going into the playoffs next week. They are scheduled to play Frisco Lone Star out of District 10. That should be a very good game. Lone Star finished at 7-3, losing to Argyle, Celina, and Anna.

buckeyebob
11-06-2012, 08:55 AM
I second that oldtownag! I'll also support Carthage unless Stephenville and Carthage make it to the big dance!

Oh yeah, Hook 'Em! :D

Quit exchanging spit and wipe the slobber off...this is about the UNDEFEATED & Carthrage is far from there

zebrablue2
11-06-2012, 09:16 AM

Taylor lost to Caldwell, Rattlers beat Caldwell 58-0, and could have hung 100 on them. Rattlers roll, and best of luck for them to go ALL the WAY...

regaleagle
11-06-2012, 09:27 AM
I noticed that Shallowater is sitting at 9-0. Who do they play this week and what kind of chances do they have in Region 1??? I kinda reckon they will be D2, right?

hollywood
11-06-2012, 09:49 AM
Quit exchanging spit and wipe the slobber off...this is about the UNDEFEATED & Carthrage is far from there

Stephenville is undefeated in domestic play. International play doesn't count. :D

Go Buckies!!

hollywood
11-06-2012, 09:59 AM
Off the top of my head:
Abilene Wylie
Gatesville
Shallowater
Navasota
Stephenville (7-0 domestic play)
...all stay undefeated.

Kilgore goes down to Gilmer Friday.

speedbump
11-06-2012, 04:07 PM
El Campo is undefeated (9-0) and should remain that way until the semis or beyond.

M-town lobo fan
11-06-2012, 11:08 PM
I noticed that Shallowater is sitting at 9-0. Who do they play this week and what kind of chances do they have in Region 1??? I kinda reckon they will be D2, right?

Monahans will throw them out in 2nd round like they did last year except it was round 3..Overrated!!!

cowboyandchrist
11-07-2012, 01:30 AM

You are correct, but lets just see who goes further in the playoffs. Good luck to Gilmore.

regaleagle
11-08-2012, 08:28 AM
How long has it been since Navasota went 10-0 into the playoffs? Just wondering. Argyle's been 10-0 several times, but didn't make it to the semis.

The Bull #40
11-08-2012, 10:26 AM
After my Brahmas (who obviously aren't defeated but ARE headed to the playoffs), I hope to catch a Navasota game. Those teams were some of the best I played and I hope they go all the way in division one.

hollywood
11-08-2012, 10:33 AM
After my Brahmas (who obviously aren't defeated but ARE headed to the playoffs), I hope to catch a Navasota game. Those teams were some of the best I played and I hope they go all the way in division one.

Brahmas in D1? Because Navasota is going D2.

HEMOTOXIC
11-08-2012, 11:09 AM
How long has it been since Navasota went 10-0 into the playoffs? Just wondering. Argyle's been 10-0 several times, but didn't make it to the semis.

1996- 12-1 4A Loss 36-19 to La Marque

2003- 10-1 (I believe) Upset loss to Caldwell in College Station in Overtime.. We fumbled on our possession in overtime, Caldwell ran it back 80+ yards for the TD and the win.

2008- 11-1 Loss to La Vega in the Quarterfinals 34-28 in Overtime

*I am sure that there were more in the 80s.

scrub c
11-08-2012, 12:02 PM
El Campo is undefeated (9-0) and should remain that way until the semis or beyond.

agreed

vp1983
11-08-2012, 06:12 PM
Monahans Shallowater, that will be a great game. If Jarek Black is healthy. Without Black, Monahans wins easily.

buckeyebob
11-09-2012, 06:47 AM
West Orange-Stark 9-0 vs. Silsbee 8-1.

If last night is a glimpse of tonight, the drive back home will long & quite.

partimefan
11-09-2012, 04:16 PM
Sorry I didn't finish my thread to start off the undefeateds. I got interrupted this a.m. Back on topic, District 9 has Gainesville at 9-0 playing Bridgeport this week. If Bridgeport knocks them off, there will be a 3-way tie for the district title between Bridgeport, Gainesville, and Krum. I don't know their tiebreaker system, but Krum has already defeated Bridgeport, and Gainesville defeated Krum last week 20-19. Krum is done at 9-1. I believe Bridgeport stands at 4-5, but is 2-1 in district. At this juncture, all three are in the playoffs, but the district title is still in the air. Gainesville will be the D1, Krum and Bridgeport second and third D-2's respectively. A Gainesville win will secure the Leopards a district title and undefeated 10-0 regular season record going into the playoffs next week. They are scheduled to play Frisco Lone Star out of District 10. That should be a very good game. Lone Star finished at 7-3, losing to Argyle, Celina, and Anna.

Bridgeport's D will not be able to stop Gainesville. The Leopards by at least 2 touchdowns.