PDA

View Full Version : Gatesville 9-0 (4-0) @ Liberty Hill 6-3 (2-2)

Cam
11-05-2012, 11:07 AM
Game in LH. Advantage The Hill! LH fans/coaches will be tuning into Burnet/Lamp game and pokin' their voodoo dolls with 16 penny nails! Gatesville going for the perfect season. Will be interesting to see if they rest anyone. Tough call for Gatesville coaches. My guess is they go all out for the win.

hollywood
11-05-2012, 11:10 AM
Gatesville by 28+ if starters play full game. LH has not shown they can defend the pass. Going to be a long night for the Panthers. Gotta give it a fight though, anything could happen. Good luck to both.

panfan
11-05-2012, 11:24 AM
Gatesville by 28+ if starters play full game. LH has not shown they can defend the pass. Going to be a long night for the Panthers. Gotta give it a fight though, anything could happen. Good luck to both.

I love how we have been counted out of the picture to even have a chance of winning this game. I'll bet that Burnet gets the playoff spot simply because I doubt they will lose to Lampasas. I'll also bet we give Gateville a serious run for their money. Blowout - not hardly. LH kids got more heart than that. Hornets will have a long bus ride home - might be with a W - but they sure as hell will know they been in a fight. :taunt:

panfan
11-05-2012, 11:31 AM
Game in LH. Advantage The Hill! LH fans/coaches will be tuning into Burnet/Lamp game and pokin' their voodoo dolls with 16 penny nails! Gatesville going for the perfect season. Will be interesting to see if they rest anyone. Tough call for Gatesville coaches. My guess is they go all out for the win.

Some folks say it will be heresy to say I hope Burnet does win, but in all honestly I do. Sure I want LH to go to the playoffs, but we got to earn it and we didn't. Burnet came out and beat us cause they wanted it more, nuff said, history. Looking forward to Gatesville. Lets go put the only blemish on the hornet record until they get thumped by Glenrose or Alvarado. We got some of our initial starters back, lets go out with a bang.

Rabid Cougar
11-05-2012, 11:37 AM
Gatesville by what ever they want it to be.

Bassact
11-05-2012, 11:44 AM
Panthers will give it their all come Friday night.. They may not win but it won't be because they didn't want it. Sometime you just run into a team that plays better or is simply a better team. Hopefully with the Defensive starters back the Panther D can step up and keep GV somewhat in check.. Think we're down to only 1 original starter on the O line. But thats football. Regardless of the out come these Panthers will play with heart and pride - just like they've done in every game.

hollywood
11-05-2012, 11:44 AM
Some folks say it will be heresy to say I hope Burnet does win, but in all honestly I do. Sure I want LH to go to the playoffs, but we got to earn it and we didn't. Burnet came out and beat us cause they wanted it more, nuff said, history. Looking forward to Gatesville. Lets go put the only blemish on the hornet record until they get thumped by Glenrose or Alvarado. We got some of our initial starters back, lets go out with a bang.

I've seen crazier things happen. No team is ever counted out of a win. That's why the game is played, right? Wouldn't it be something if LH were to pull of an upset and Lampasas were to beat Burnet. Wow, now that would shake some things up! lol

Good luck to the Panthers. Key on #9 with tons of pressure from the D-line and LB blitzes and the Panthers have a shot. :clap:

Bassact
11-05-2012, 12:09 PM
I've seen crazier things happen. No team is ever counted out of a win. That's why the game is played, right? Wouldn't it be something if LH were to pull of an upset and Lampasas were to beat Burnet. Wow, now that would shake some things up! lol

Good luck to the Panthers. Key on #9 with tons of pressure from the D-line and LB blitzes and the Panthers have a shot. :clap:

What's a blitz?

panfan
11-05-2012, 12:14 PM
What's a blitz?

That's like asking what's a pass in LH? LOL - not so much this year as in years past, but same thing. Bass - got any insight as to why we don't send the house more often - when we do - it sure work pretty dang good.

hollywood
11-05-2012, 12:17 PM
What's a blitz?

Is it that bad?

hollywood
11-05-2012, 12:20 PM
That's like asking what's a pass in LH? LOL - not so much this year as in years past, but same thing. Bass - got any insight as to why we don't send the house more often - when we do - it sure work pretty dang good.

I'm telling you, if LH can get pressure on #9 on 3rd and long and stop him, then they have a shot. That's been hard for teams to do because they drop into coverage instead. #9 is a very good runner. Shut down #9, shut down the Hornets. Simple as that. ;)

Bassact
11-05-2012, 12:22 PM

No idea. I know they've worked on it but it never gets called. Same as with running zone constantly in the secondary.. My thought is coaches are affraid they're gonna get beat 1on1 or that the blitz is gonna leave the middle open. whatever their reasons what they've been doing hasn't worked so might as well try something.. If your gonna get beat might as well go down swinging instead of standing their watching it happen.

panfan
11-05-2012, 12:22 PM
Is it that bad?

We have a great blitz when it gets called. Just doesn't get called much. Why? beats the hell out of me. I'm guessing coaches see something us average joe's don't.

Hornet
11-05-2012, 01:50 PM
Hornets will be looking to complete the season with a perfect 10-0 before playoffs begin. Hornets have a little revenge factor going this year....Liberty Hill put the biggest beating on the Hornets ever a number of years ago...the Hornets have been out avenging some of those consistent beat downs from the past years, Burnet, Brownwood and next up Liberty Hill.

"Hornet QB is the Johnny Manziel of Class 3A," Bob Shipley - Brownwood AD.

FB-fanatic
11-05-2012, 02:05 PM
Manziel is one of only 4 NCAA qb's leading their teams in both passing and rushing. Cole Edmiston is having a great year. Our qb trails him by 100 yards in that catagory.

Bassact
11-05-2012, 09:38 PM
I'm telling you, if LH can get pressure on #9 on 3rd and long and stop him, then they have a shot. That's been hard for teams to do because they drop into coverage instead. #9 is a very good runner. Shut down #9, shut down the Hornets. Simple as that. ;)

3rd & long has been the LH D's achilles heel all year. Couldn't even begin to tell you how many times LH has had teams backed up on 3rd or 4th down and give up a big play or a TD.
LH finds some consistency they will give GV all they want.

LHPfactory
11-06-2012, 08:47 AM
We need to have 2 absolutely dominant Defensive Tackles, ones that are so dominant that they require a double team to control every play. I am running this same defense with the 6th graders, and our DTs are so dominant that that the others teams offense has to double or triple team both of them, this keeps the hogs off the Pluggers and Defensive Ends. Two dominant DT's will take up at least 4 of the interior 5 linemen, and sometimes all 5....

Of course thats easier said than done, two freaks of nature dont come along that often.

hollywood
11-06-2012, 09:45 AM
We need to have 2 absolutely dominant Defensive Tackles, ones that are so dominant that they require a double team to control every play. I am running this same defense with the 6th graders, and our DTs are so dominant that that the others teams offense has to double or triple team both of them, this keeps the hogs off the Pluggers and Defensive Ends. Two dominant DT's will take up at least 4 of the interior 5 linemen, and sometimes all 5....

Of course thats easier said than done, two freaks of nature dont come along that often.

Sville has 2 dominant DE's. No one has been able to keep them out of the backfield. Huge advantage for Sville's D

LH will need to get pressure on #9 somehow, someway or else he will eat you alive.

LHPfactory
11-06-2012, 10:38 AM
Sville has 2 dominant DE's. No one has been able to keep them out of the backfield. Huge advantage for Sville's D

LH will need to get pressure on #9 somehow, someway or else he will eat you alive.

I havent seen them play, but bet you the DTs for Sville are beasts as well, you just dont notice them because they are taking on the double teams for the rest of the defense.

Yeah, it makes a huge difference when you have dominant shut down DEs, The Key to running the NICKEL is to have a physically dominant front 4, DTs to draw the double team and get in on the pass plays, DEs, big, fast, and strong to pressure and contain. Then if you add 2 hard hard hitting pluggers (ILBs) this shuts down the run and pressures the QB.. It gives your 5 DBs a chance to cover and pick the pressured pass.

of course physical dominance is the key to any defense...

LHPfactory
11-06-2012, 11:36 AM
Like I said on the Lampasas/Burnet thread, Bet Gatesville is stressed about this game with a perfect season on the line.... I bet Burnet is stressed about thier game, play offs on the line against a rivalry team.....

LH and Lampasas are the underdogs with nothing to loose.....

Gatesville has not been very successful against LH in the past..... Of courst those 70+ and 80+ point games came during the championship years.....

We shall see.....

Hornet
11-06-2012, 11:53 AM
I do not think the Hornets will be stressed...they are motivated to complete their goal of a "clean sweep." The coaches challenged them to a "clean sweep" back in August and they are now 1 game away from accomplishing that...plus a little revenge factor from those 70 point beatings serve as a ton of motivation. The kids playing today do not remember those beat downs but many of the Hornet faithful do, and a number of the coaches who were and still on staff at that time remember....so "stressed" may be a stretch...motivated would better describe the Hornets position coming into Fridays game.

greendawg84
11-06-2012, 11:57 AM
Somehow I doubt that Gatesville is stressed ........

LHPfactory
11-06-2012, 12:06 PM

funny you didnt mention Burnet though, and yeah, Gatesville is worried, bet dat. I have a feeling you will see some nerves from the Hornets in the Panther den friday night.... This will be their toughest game all season....

Cam
11-06-2012, 12:12 PM

Or Burnet for that matter...them boys are so young they don't know what stress is!....It's a pretty happy-go-lucky bunch I hear...Coach Jones will have them ready..

panfan
11-06-2012, 12:33 PM
Or Burnet for that matter...them boys are so young they don't know what stress is!....It's a pretty happy-go-lucky bunch I hear...Coach Jones will have them ready..

Alright ya'll Burnetians, pack up your marbles and go play on your thread!!! :tongue:

garciap77
11-06-2012, 01:19 PM
LH by 21!

panfan
11-06-2012, 01:21 PM
LH by 21!

Sarcastic or not - that's what I'm talkin bout there.

greendawg84
11-06-2012, 01:44 PM
Alright ya'll Burnetians, pack up your marbles and go play on your thread!!! :tongue:

We would but you would be bored without us ! :crazy1:

greendawg84
11-06-2012, 01:46 PM
funny you didnt mention Burnet though, and yeah, Gatesville is worried, bet dat. I have a feeling you will see some nerves from the Hornets in the Panther den friday night.... This will be their toughest game all season....

I also don't think Burnet is stressed this week , it IS Lampasas and even you guys beat them , now next week may be a different story ! ;)

Cam
11-06-2012, 01:50 PM

Please don't use "marble" in any way, shape, or form!.....Go figure, I started this thread tryin' to show some hospitali...husspatalit....hospitalitotally....and this is how you treat me!....:foul:

panfan
11-06-2012, 01:57 PM
Please don't use "marble" in any way, shape, or form!.....Go figure, I started this thread tryin' to show some hospitali...husspatalit....hospitalitotally....and this is how you treat me!....:foul:

Dang you did start it - OK - you can bring your marbles and pee shoot back and play!!! and yes Gdawg, we would be bored without ya'll.

LHPfactory
11-06-2012, 03:21 PM
I also don't think Burnet is stressed this week , it IS Lampasas and even you guys beat them , now next week may be a different story ! ;)

Yes, the bulldogs should look past Lampasas, heck, get ready for Glen Rose a week early, you got this one in the bag..... :evillol:

LHPfactory
11-06-2012, 04:05 PM
ooops, I mean Stephenville.....

Cam
11-06-2012, 04:07 PM
Yes, the bulldogs should look past Lampasas, heck, get ready for Glen Rose a week early, you got this one in the bag..... :evillol:

....there you & Greendawg go again!!!....Round 52.....

LHPfactory
11-06-2012, 06:13 PM
....there you & Greendawg go again!!!....Round 52.....
Have to get it out of my system while I can, the season will end for 1 of our teams Friday at around 10:00pm.

greendawg84
11-07-2012, 09:36 AM
I hear ya on that , we will have to jump on board with someone else .... maybe Navasota ???

hollywood
11-07-2012, 12:40 PM
Any news from LH on a game plan to stop Gateville? Hint: blitz everydown and key on #9. After a couple of big hits, he'll get happy feet. ;)

toddg
11-07-2012, 12:47 PM
Any news from LH on a game plan to stop Gateville? Hint: blitz everydown and key on #9. After a couple of big hits, he'll get happy feet. ;)

the only QB i have seen that doesnt get happy feet this year is Tyler Jones...

Bassact
11-07-2012, 01:28 PM

Haven't heard anything.. But I'm sure the game plan will be to continue doing exactly what LH has been doing under Vance for the past 12 years.

greendawg84
11-07-2012, 02:27 PM
Haven't heard anything.. But I'm sure the game plan will be to continue doing exactly what LH has been doing under Vance for the past 12 years.

:iagree:

Cam
11-07-2012, 02:44 PM
All I know is Vance is startin' to get old!.(aren't we all?!:D)...Shoot!, He gets on the playing field and you can hear him yellin' at the refs and players from the opposite side of the stadium!....I've been down on the field in the past takin' pics and I've snuck over to the LH side a few times....He seems to try to intimidate the refs alot.....CRANKY OL' FART!!!....:foul::thmbdwn:

panfan
11-07-2012, 02:52 PM

I'm hoping some of the newer coaches (within the last 2 years) will infuse some changes and out of the box thinking. We've seen some of it, albeit in small increments. Far as defensive strategies for Friday - we have been training all week in a mud bog, and we plan on having an indavertent pipe leak in the field sprinkler system starting tonight. We have also called in a specail set of "refs" just for this game to maximize our homer potential on all close calls. Friday, it will be a mudbowl baby, and since we will have already prepared for it, Gville will being going hoome with its first lost. The end.

toddg
11-07-2012, 03:04 PM
All I know is Vance is startin' to get old!.(aren't we all?!:D)...Shoot!, He gets on the playing field and you can hear him yellin' at the refs and players from the opposite side of the stadium!....I've been down on the field in the past takin' pics and I've snuck over to the LH side a few times....He seems to try to intimidate the refs alot.....CRANKY OL' FART!!!....:foul::thmbdwn:

http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13991/imagesCA719J95.jpg (http://www.smileyvault.com/)
uuhh..he said cranky ol fart...huh huh huh..here let me crank a fart out for you huh hu huh huhu huh

LHPfactory
11-07-2012, 03:06 PM
I'm hoping some of the newer coaches (within the last 2 years) will infuse some changes and out of the box thinking. We've seen some of it, albeit in small increments. Far as defensive strategies for Friday - we have been training all week in a mud bog, and we plan on having an indavertent pipe leak in the field sprinkler system starting tonight. We have also called in a specail set of "refs" just for this game to maximize our homer potential on all close calls. Friday, it will be a mudbowl baby, and since we will have already prepared for it, Gville will being going hoome with its first lost. The end.

You were supposed to keep that a secret.

panfan
11-07-2012, 03:08 PM
You were supposed to keep that a secret.

Nobody told me that during that secret meet.......never mind.

greendawg84
11-07-2012, 03:19 PM

Shall we send CAM over there with his secret fishing string trick ? Maybe Bleedz can make sure he takes the right stuff this time .

BLEEDZGREEN
11-07-2012, 03:24 PM
Shall we send CAM over there with his secret fishing string trick ? Maybe Bleedz can make sure he takes the right stuff this time .
:fnypost:
I'm in charge of the the turf gremlins this week, they don't like water so Panfan you can't borrow them.:D

Bassact
11-07-2012, 04:10 PM

Thats funny - I think he doesn't get involved enough. Hell on most time outs he just kinda walks around kickin grass. Now many years ago - he'd be up everybodies shorts when things didn't go right.

Cam
11-07-2012, 04:24 PM
Thats funny - I think he doesn't get involved enough. Hell on most time outs he just kinda walks around kickin grass. Now many years ago - he'd be up everybodies shorts when things didn't go right.

That's what I'm talkin' about...just a few years ago, he'd raise hell real quick....I'll bet his blood pressure used to run around 195/130!....but he musta had a flashback in the Burnet game a few weeks ago cause we all heard him yellin' at his players.....some of the Burnet folks thought it was one of our coaches cause it sounded so close!!.....It was Vance!!....We started crackin' up!!.....

Bassact
11-07-2012, 04:29 PM
That's what I'm talkin' about...just a few years ago, he'd raise hell real quick....I'll bet his blood pressure used to run around 195/130!....but he musta had a flashback in the Burnet game a few weeks ago cause we all heard him yellin' at his players.....some of the Burnet folks thought it was one of our coaches cause it sounded so close!!.....It was Vance!!....We started crackin' up!!.....

LOL.. I remember that - And my though was - He should have started that 8 weeks ago!

panfan
11-08-2012, 10:10 AM
LOL.. I remember that - And my though was - He should have started that 8 weeks ago!

Hey Bass - you think we can convince G'ville to stack all 11 inside the tackles since we will tell them now that is where we will run the ball? LOL.

Bassact
11-08-2012, 01:01 PM
Hey Bass - you think we can convince G'ville to stack all 11 inside the tackles since we will tell them now that is where we will run the ball? LOL.

If their not all inside the box i bet their safety isn't more than 10 yards back.. But that really hasn't seem to matter, other than penalties they have been pretty consistent and keep the chains moving.. Now defensively - it could be a very long night.

LHPfactory
11-08-2012, 01:19 PM
If their not all inside the box i bet their safety isn't more than 10 yards back.. But that really hasn't seem to matter, other than penalties they have been pretty consistent and keep the chains moving.. Now defensively - it could be a very long night.

Discipline is the cornerstone to running this offense, penalties kill the drives!!! End of story.

hollywood
11-08-2012, 01:56 PM
Obviously La Vega was able to run on Gatesville. Brownwood had success running on Gatesville. LH can have success but will have to minimize the mistakes. Who knows, stranger things have happened!

Hornet
11-08-2012, 02:12 PM
"Brownwood had success running on Gatesville." - I do not think 88 total rushing yards was quite the success Brownwood would have hoped for!

hollywood
11-08-2012, 02:18 PM
"Brownwood had success running on Gatesville." - I do not think 88 total rushing yards was quite the success Brownwood would have hoped for!

Because they chose to try and pass. They were getting 4-5 yards a carry everytime they ran on 1st down, easily. Why they didn't just run the ball until GV stopped it is beyond me.

panfan
11-08-2012, 03:18 PM
Because they chose to try and pass. They were getting 4-5 yards a carry everytime they ran on 1st down, easily. Why they didn't just run the ball until GV stopped it is beyond me.

We have on average racked up about 400 yards a game. BW held us to under 200 yards. I believe we will move the ball against Gville and score, more than just a few times. It will be up to our defense to step up and make the plays that matter. If our defense does their job, this will be a close game against a very good Gville team. We are looking forward to the challenge!!!

Hornet
11-08-2012, 03:31 PM
In all honesty I believe it will be a very good game. I know LH will get their yardage and the Hornets know Lh offense is NOT Lampasas...Lh has a ton to play for Friday night, possible playoff spot, last game at Panther Stadium, ect....the Gville kids have been preached to all week to stay focused on LH all week. We shall see . . .

In regards to the Brownwood game...I was actually very surprised at the play calling by Shipley and company...specifiaclly on some crucial 3rd downs...

toddg
11-08-2012, 04:27 PM
We have on average racked up about 400 yards a game. BW held us to under 200 yards. I believe we will move the ball against Gville and score, more than just a few times. It will be up to our defense to step up and make the plays that matter. If our defense does their job, this will be a close game against a very good Gville team. We are looking forward to the challenge!!!

you are getting some defensive help back from injury right? thought i saw it mentioned somewhere.

panfan
11-08-2012, 04:31 PM
you are getting some defensive help back from injury right? thought i saw it mentioned somewhere.

yep - senior linebacker who was out against Burnet.

hollywood
11-08-2012, 04:36 PM
In all honesty I believe it will be a very good game. I know LH will get their yardage and the Hornets know Lh offense is NOT Lampasas...Lh has a ton to play for Friday night, possible playoff spot, last game at Panther Stadium, ect....the Gville kids have been preached to all week to stay focused on LH all week. We shall see . . .

In regards to the Brownwood game...I was actually very surprised at the play calling by Shipley and company...specifiaclly on some crucial 3rd downs...

All true Hornet. In regards to Brownwood's play calling, I was surprised but also know that the coaches were doing what they thought wa best. The Lions were going toe to toe with the Hornets until the muffed punt return. Once behind, they were trying to get back in the game, hence the passing plays on 1st and 10. Gatesville does what good teams do, make the opposing team pay for their mistakes. Good luck this week and next. Next week, the Hornets will have to play their best game against the Injuns.

hollywood
11-09-2012, 07:54 AM
Boy it sure has been quite in here the past few days. Gatesville peeps see what's coming? Liberty Hill got ya nervous? ;) J/K

I bet it's been tough for Gatesville to focus this week with all the excitement from this season, last weeks DC win and next weeks match up with Alvarado. Liberty Hill is on the ropes. Nothing to distract them. It's do or die time. Another week of football or thump thump time.

Good luck to both tonight.

LHPfactory
11-09-2012, 09:24 AM
LH JV was up 13-7 When I left Gatesville last night and they were in route to a 10-0 season if they won, anyone know the final outcome of that game?

swarm
11-09-2012, 09:31 AM
gatesville j.v. won

panfan
11-09-2012, 09:35 AM
gatesville j.v. won

talked to one of the Lh players this am. Hornets scored with like 9 seconds (correct me if I'm wrong) left in the game. 21-19, very close hard fought game.

LHPfactory
11-09-2012, 10:22 AM
talked to one of the Lh players this am. Hornets scored with like 9 seconds (correct me if I'm wrong) left in the game. 21-19, very close hard fought game.

Its only fitting, they ruined our JVs perfects season making them 9-1....sooooo..................... :thinking: ........... 9-1 , 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, .................................................. .................................................. ..

panfan
11-09-2012, 10:42 AM
Its only fitting, they ruined our JVs perfects season making them 9-1....sooooo..................... :thinking: ........... 9-1 , 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, 9-1, .................................................. .................................................. ..

Dang straight factory - Aren't Hornets like honey bees - get one sting then done - go off to die somewhere....... or are they those pesky things that keep stingin' til you whip out the big ol' can of wasp spray - then they go all statue of liberty on you.

Cam
11-09-2012, 10:57 AM
Dang straight factory - Aren't Hornets like honey bees - get one sting then done - go off to die somewhere....... or are they those pesky things that keep stingin' til you whip out the big ol' can of wasp spray - then they go all statue of liberty on you.

you'll need the wasp spray...them suckers will sting ya as many times as they want!!....hate em'!!....Hornets think bees are big sissies!...Every time they get the chance they'll fly to a honey bees nest just to heckle them...."Ha Ha...I can sting more than once and you can't cause you'll die...Ha Ha...Ha..Ha...." Bullying at it's finest!!!

panfan
11-09-2012, 10:59 AM
you'll need the wasp spray...them suckers will sting ya as many times as they want!!....hate em'!!....Hornets think bees are big sissies!...Every time they get the chance they'll fly to a honey bees nest just to heckle them...."Ha Ha...I can sting more than once and you can't cause you'll die...Ha Ha...Ha..Ha...."

alrighty then - headin over to SAMS for the family pack of wasp and hornet spray.

LattiCat21
11-09-2012, 11:20 AM
Well judging by the records and that gatesville has beatin BW and BW beat LH, it looks like its going to be a tough one for the cats. The game is taking place in LH so that will be a lil advantage... Hopefully gateville will remember us stomping them back in 06 and 07 and show up a little timid (not likely). I predict gatesville to show up looking to embarrass LH like we did to them the last couple times we played. LH better bring their A game and hope for a sloppy game from GV, or it will be a LONG night.... The slot T is actually perfect for dominating the time of possession and keeping the other teams O off the field, but this only works with a lead. I can't go against my cats at home, LH wins by 3pts :evilgrin:

panfan
11-09-2012, 11:26 AM
Well judging by the records and that gatesville has beatin BW and BW beat LH, it looks like its going to be a tough one for the cats. The game is taking place in LH so that will be a lil advantage... Hopefully gateville will remember us stomping them back in 06 and 07 and show up a little timid (not likely). I predict gatesville to show up looking to embarrass LH like we did to them the last couple times we played. LH better bring their A game and hope for a sloppy game from GV, or it will be a LONG night.... The slot T is actually perfect for dominating the time of possession and keeping the other teams O off the field, but this only works with a lead. I can't go against my cats at home, LH wins by 3pts :evilgrin:

Latti - you got to show up and post more than just on Friday man - get with the program!!! Agree - tough game, better be willing to bring the hosue tonight cause I have a feeling their memory is not a short one. Course - with my family pack of wasp spray - I'm gonna be taking care of bidness in the fan relation department, but we'll need the boys to take care of bidness on the field.

Purple Rain
11-09-2012, 11:34 AM

Looks like GV will be a solid team again next season

Hornet
11-09-2012, 11:40 AM
Hornets are ready for Liberty Hill tonight...final score prediction Gatesville 42- LH - 21, Hornets are not looking past this week. They are focused and prepared very well with great practices all week and look to keep the momentum rolling into the playoffs....but first things first...Liberty Hill.

panfan
11-09-2012, 12:13 PM
Hornets are ready for Liberty Hill tonight...final score prediction Gatesville 42- LH - 21, Hornets are not looking past this week. They are focused and prepared very well with great practices all week and look to keep the momentum rolling into the playoffs....but first things first...Liberty Hill.

I fed the QB and one of the DE's a special can of whoop ass this morning. :D

LattiCat21
11-09-2012, 12:51 PM
I fed the QB and one of the DE's a special can of whoop ass this morning. :D

Haha I know I've been slacking, i'll start making an apperance more often. And panfan, you better be pretty liberal with that wasp spray.... overkill is underrated!!! The panther fans need to be loud tonight. I've always said a loud and rowdy crowd is worth atleast 14 pts, nothing makes you wanna whoop up on somebody more than a packed panther den on a friday night in TX. Gotta love it!!! GATA panthers!!! Get After Their A$$!!

LHPfactory
11-09-2012, 02:18 PM

Thats a big spread, LH is the underdog, but I dont think you will see much a spread at all, you might be in for a surprise....

panfan
11-09-2012, 03:42 PM

yeah - what factory said. :taunt:

LHPfactory
11-09-2012, 03:48 PM
You know I havent predicted a winner in this game and im not going to.... I have said I believe it will be Gatesvilles toughest game and some may be surprised ..... but no prediction on a winner.....

you ever have a song or phrases stuck in your head.... for some reason I keep hearing:
nine and one, nine and one, nine and one... maybe its GOD, maybe its just the early stages of schizophernia, either way....... nine and one, nine and one, nine and one, nine and one, nine and one.......it just wont stop!!!!

LHPfactory
11-09-2012, 04:06 PM
Hey Pan, we need to lock the restrooms on Gatesvilles side, I bet their fans are so worried about this game and what it takes to maintain a perfect record, that they liquify their lunch and dinner due to all the stomach acid..... there will be some brown water gut grenades going off for sure, loaded with corn and peanut shrapnel....... :ack!:

I know that was sick and gross.

Cam
11-09-2012, 04:10 PM
Hey Pan, we need to lock the restrooms on Gatesvilles side, I bet their fans are so worried about this game and what it takes to maintain a perfect record, that they liquify their lunch and dinner due to all the stomach acid..... there will be some brown water gut grenades going off for sure, loaded with corn and peanut shrapnel....... :ack!:

dang LHP....you're startin' to sound like Greendawg!.....that sounds like some serious orifice action......where's bullaholic when you need him? ...He's an expert when it comes to human discharge!!

panfan
11-09-2012, 04:14 PM

Potty mouth. LOL

LHPfactory
11-09-2012, 04:48 PM
NINE AND ONE !!!!!!!!!!! :evillol:

Hornet
11-09-2012, 11:01 PM
Hornets hand the liberty hill panthers a crushing loss to close down Panther Stadium! Hornets perfect 10-0. Final Gatesville 48- lh 25. Guess that Hornet Spray was watered down!

83Indian
11-09-2012, 11:59 PM
Hornets hand the liberty hill panthers a crushing loss to close down Panther Stadium! Hornets perfect 10-0. Final Gatesville 48- lh 25. Guess that Hornet Spray was watered down!

Great regular season Hornets! See you next week at the battle of Midway!

panfan
11-10-2012, 12:14 AM

Gatesville played well, we didn't. I want a refund on my family pack of Hornet spray! Congrats Hornets and good luck into the playoffs.

Bassact
11-10-2012, 12:50 AM
Good game Gatesville. The most complete team i've seen this season. Good luck in the playoffs, I'll be pulling for you.

Hornet
11-10-2012, 01:17 AM
Hats off to LH kids, they never quit after being down 28-0 in early 2nd Q...we know you guys will be back in the dance next year! See you on the court in a couple months!

LHPfactory
11-11-2012, 02:51 PM
Congrats to Gatesville, you have a hell of a football team. I agree the Hornets are a very complete team..... Now break it off in district 7 this week and Rep D8 well. I will be pulling for yall in the play offs.

Hornet
11-11-2012, 05:17 PM
Thanks LHP....all the smack from the Indian fans and how inferior D8 is to D7.....would like nothing better than to manhandle the Indians Friday night! Thanks for the well wishes!