PDA

View Full Version : Former Wharton coach winning at Marble Falls Faith Academy

Scoop27
11-05-2012, 09:38 AM
Former Wharton coach Russell Roberts is having a great season at Marble Falls Faith Academy in its first year of 11-man football- They were 6 man last year

Jessie Crow- who also coached at Wharton (then at Yoakum) is the athletic director at Faith Academy

Faith Academy safety Zach Hayden returned a fumble 92 yards with 1:35 left in the game to seal a 44-26 victory over Central Texas Christian and wrap up the district title Friday night in Temple.

Faith Academy finished its regular season at 10-0 for the first unbeaten season in coach Russell Roberts’ 40 years of coaching.

"I’ve been 10-1 about three times, but never 10-0,’’ Roberts said.

The Flames will likely catch Houston Cypress Christian in the first round of the TAPPS Division III playoffs in two weeks in Marble Falls. The playoff game will be either Friday or Saturday, but Roberts said he is hoping for a Friday date.

Cam
11-05-2012, 09:44 AM
Glad to see them succeed! I'm sure the Faith folks were just a bit upset when they saw the poster Marble Falls came up with for Dodge's Mustangs: Their slogan read something like:
ONE Town
ONE Team
ONE Dream --- not sure if this last line is correct...but you see what I'm talkin' about. There is more than ONE team in Marble Falls! Way to go Faith!!:2thumbsup

scrub c
11-05-2012, 10:04 AM
CONGRATS Coach Roberts.
Is his son with him?

Buff42
11-05-2012, 10:14 AM
CONGRATS Coach Roberts.
Is his son with him?

Coach Roberts was my coach in Giddings way back when. Great man and an absolutely masterful motivator. I may have to go watch them play one weekend on my way to the deer lease.