PDA

View Full Version : Stephenville District 7 Champs

Ville-D
11-05-2012, 01:14 AM
Saw the Gatesville thread and thought "Why not?"...

It took a rag-tag bunch of Mexicans from Monterrey to help us get our heads right with ball. but since then...

It was a tough 9 weeks, but we did what some said couldn't be done. :tisk:

People said we wouldn't beat Aledo.
People said we wouldn't beat La Vega.
People said we wouldn't beat Amarillo.
People said we wouldn't beat Alvarado.
Idiots said we wouldn't beat Venus and Hillsboro.

Done, done, done, done & absolutely done.

Zero losses to any UIL sanctioned team. Zero losses to any 4a teams. Zero losses to any 3a teams.

Good job Jackets! I feel like a winner. ;)

Thanks in advance for all the kind words I feel brewing. ;)

OldBison75
11-05-2012, 01:55 AM
Congratulations to the Jackets on the District Championship. Good luck in the playoffs. Maybe we will see some football fans from Stephenville in Jerry's house later on.

toddg
11-05-2012, 02:14 AM

It took a rag-tag bunch of Mexicans from Monterrey to help us get our heads right with ball. but since then...

Zero losses to any UIL sanctioned team. Zero losses to any 4a teams. Zero losses to any 3a teams.

We are going to want it back next year..keep it shiny and dent free please!!!

IndianQbdad
11-05-2012, 07:56 AM

Job well done stephenville! Congrats, hats off to ya. Look foward to the compatition for years to come. Good luck in the playoffs. See you at Jerry world.
Stephenville - 3a division 1 sc
Alvarado. - 3a division 2 sc

hollywood
11-05-2012, 10:56 AM
Job well done stephenville! Congrats, hats off to ya. Look foward to the compatition for years to come. Good luck in the playoffs. See you at Jerry world.
Stephenville - 3a division 1 sc

Look out IndianQbdad, you may have stured up a Hornets nest with that post! :spitlol:

Cam
11-05-2012, 11:14 AM
We are going to want it back next year..keep it shiny and dent free please!!!

Shiny and dent free???:thinking:...ya'll exchange the Stanley Cup??....:D

Pendragon13
11-05-2012, 11:22 AM
Well then, I guess it's all been decided in early November this year. Cowboys are done, college football has no meaning unless you're a Bama fan...time to jump on the Texans bandwagon and grab an instrument?

*airs up basketballs*

Rabid Cougar
11-05-2012, 11:39 AM

I don't think so.

hollywood
11-05-2012, 11:52 AM
I don't think so.

It starts with a dream. Better shot than most teams heading into post season. ;)

COBRAFOOTBALL
11-05-2012, 12:00 PM
I don't think so.
It will happen... :stirpot:

Indian 1985
11-05-2012, 01:16 PM
It will happen... :stirpot:

I hope so, J.
But, we both know that the boys MUST play mistake free.
If they can't get it together, the post season will be a very short one.

hollywood
11-05-2012, 01:28 PM
I hope so, J.
But, we both know that the boys MUST play mistake free.
If they can't get it together, the post season will be a very short one.

There isn't a team out there that plays mistake free. Execution is the key for Alvarado. They have the horses this season, just need to fine tune the pass defense a bit and they'll be fine. Remember, they faced 2 of the top spread offenses in the state and hung. Gateville's spread is good but not Sville or Glen Rose good. Their QB is very good but he doesn't have the support #2 for Sville or #10 for Glen Rose has. You'll see.

IndianQbdad
11-05-2012, 02:47 PM
There isn't a team out there that plays mistake free. Execution is the key for Alvarado. They have the horses this season, just need to fine tune the pass defense a bit and they'll be fine. Remember, they faced 2 of the top spread offenses in the state and hung. Gateville's spread is good but not Sville or Glen Rose good. Their QB is very good but he doesn't have the support #2 for Sville or #10 for Glen Rose has. You'll see.

Well said Hollywood . I agree 100 percent . I know are boys have it in them. I also believe we have just enough talent to make it happen. I know it s not going to be easy by no means . They just need to get really hungry now and go out and come together as a team and play football the way we know they can

Indian 1985
11-05-2012, 03:00 PM

Sorry, but life experience has made me an eternal pessimist.
I've been a Dallas Cowboy fan for too long. :crazy1:

Also, congrats to Stephenville for winning the District Championship!
You guys earned it!

toddg
11-05-2012, 03:01 PM

now finish the race...http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13911/race~0.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

Indian 1985
11-05-2012, 03:02 PM
Well said Hollywood . I agree 100 percent . I know are boys have it in them. I also believe we have just enough talent to make it happen. I know it s not going to be easy by no means . They just need to get really hungry now and go out and come together as a team and play football the way we know they can

I know they have it in them, I just hope they can pull it together, IndianQbdad.

IndianQbdad
11-05-2012, 04:26 PM
I know they have it in them, I just hope they can pull it together, IndianQbdad.

Me too. It's all in the teams hands at this point. We can't do it for them. All we can do is bring are support as fans and community like we do every week