PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys @ Falcons

Roughneck93
11-04-2012, 07:37 PM
Game coming up...

Cowboys have won five out of the last seven between the two, including the last two.

However...

Dallas has lost seven straight Sunday night games...:ack!:

Falcons win, remaining undefeated.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-04-2012, 08:29 PM
Cowboys jump out to a big lead and hold on in the end! Cowboy fans, da boys are going on a long win streak starting tonight ;)

regaleagle
11-04-2012, 08:42 PM
It's got to be tough trying to gameplan for the Cowboys. Which Cowboys team will show up this week? And how many game-killing mistakes will they make and STILL have a chance to win it! I would say part of the interest nowadays in the Cowboys stems from these unanswered questions. They have the talent at the skill positions, but putting it all together seems to be a more than daunting task for them as a team. I hope they can get it together against these undefeated Atlanta Falcons tonite in their house. That's exactly what the Cowboys need right now. Come on Man!

sotex
11-04-2012, 08:51 PM
so far, so good

sotex
11-04-2012, 08:56 PM
Now that's more like it, Great catch Ogletree.

sotex
11-04-2012, 09:02 PM
C'mon man, two drives, two fg's?

ogg
11-04-2012, 09:18 PM
Felix Jones has never WOW'ed me. This game maybe?

sotex
11-04-2012, 09:21 PM
Dunbar looks like a pinata!

Roughneck93
11-04-2012, 09:25 PM
How did Dallas not recover that fumble? Geez...

ogg
11-04-2012, 09:25 PM
same level as jones, weak.

ogg
11-04-2012, 09:29 PM
Ryan may need medical care before this is over

ogg
11-04-2012, 09:32 PM
great power running Felix

sotex
11-04-2012, 09:37 PM
Lets go Cowboys, put a TD on the board before halftime.

ogg
11-04-2012, 09:38 PM
DeMarco, go put your pads on

ogg
11-04-2012, 09:40 PM
Beasley looks like a 3a high school wr

sotex
11-04-2012, 09:41 PM
DeMarco, go put your pads on

DeMarco would have 100 yds against this defense by now

ogg
11-04-2012, 09:41 PM
Lets go Cowboys, put a TD on the board before halftime.

I think the will, let's see, pass to Austin.

ogg
11-04-2012, 09:42 PM
go for it

sotex
11-04-2012, 09:44 PM
c'mon Garrett, grow a set and go for it!

Roughneck93
11-04-2012, 09:58 PM
Hope Ratliff is able to return. That's going to be a huge loss if not.

Damn, Falcons just walked down the field there to end the half...:foul:

ogg
11-04-2012, 10:02 PM
Hope Ratliff is able to return. That's going to be a huge loss if not.

Damn, Falcons just walked down the field there to end the half...:foul:

I was thinking that same thing.

ogg
11-04-2012, 10:15 PM
Ryan needs to throw a pick.

sotex
11-04-2012, 10:19 PM
Carter becoming a player.

sotex
11-04-2012, 10:20 PM
keep missing those fg's Bryant!

Roughneck93
11-04-2012, 10:20 PM

Sure is. Playing great tonight.

ogg
11-04-2012, 10:24 PM
play them both when Lee is ready, good GOD

Roughneck93
11-04-2012, 10:27 PM
Come on Miles...

ogg
11-04-2012, 10:35 PM
Cowboys have no running game. makes it tough.

sotex
11-04-2012, 10:36 PM
Lets go D, hold 'em!

sotex
11-04-2012, 10:37 PM
too easy

Roughneck93
11-04-2012, 10:47 PM
Offense is pathetic tonight.

Defense is gassed and Falcons may just seal it right here.

ogg
11-04-2012, 10:57 PM
OK, now, , , , , this is where we come back, Hahahaha

ROMO !!!!

sotex
11-04-2012, 11:01 PM
Throw it to the endzone!

Roughneck93
There we go!

lbjacj
Throw it to the endzone!

He heard you!

sotex
11-04-2012, 11:03 PM
Yes! Now shut 'em down D!

sotex
11-04-2012, 11:03 PM
'boys can still win this.

Roughneck93
11-04-2012, 11:08 PM
Scandrick...:dispntd:

sotex
11-04-2012, 11:12 PM
Scandrick again!:thmbdwn:

sotex
11-04-2012, 11:20 PM
I'll call it now, Cowboys lose again.

sotex
11-04-2012, 11:22 PM
:17 left
Atlanta 19
Dallas 13

Saggy Aggie
11-04-2012, 11:28 PM
Lol cowboys

On a side note, texans are 7-1

coach
11-04-2012, 11:28 PM
:17 left
Atlanta 19
Dallas 13

Thanks for the update!

coach
11-04-2012, 11:29 PM
I'll call it now, Cowboys lose again.

Ballsy pick

sotex
11-04-2012, 11:30 PM
And they come from ahead to lose again!
Atlanta 19
Dallas 13

ccmom
11-04-2012, 11:38 PM
The good news is that I'm gonna throw my hat into the ring to try to help the Cowboys. I'm gonna straighten their butts out with some better play calling, and I won't be doing a cheerleader clap when a receiver drops a pass he clearly should have caught. Silly penalties will be cut down and we are gonna turn this thing around.

The bad news for the Romophobes...Tony will still be leading the offense because as hard as it is sometimes, I still believe!!!! ;)

83Indian
11-04-2012, 11:44 PM
Dallas Defense is not bad. The offense is bad. JJ can't possibly be serious thinking this team has the talent to win a superbowl. BTW, what did Dez Bryant do tonight? Did he even play?

Roughneck93
11-04-2012, 11:51 PM
Dallas Defense is not bad. The offense is bad. JJ can't possibly be serious thinking this team has the talent to win a superbowl. BTW, what did Dez Bryant do tonight? Did he even play?

1 catch, 15 yards. Nothing in the second half, not even targeted by Romo.

Dallas needs to run more no huddle on offense. They waited until seven minutes were left in the game to do so...it was too late then.

cougartino
11-05-2012, 12:06 AM
Jerry sucks! Until he and his son dies, the Cowboys won't be sh**! I hate to put it that way but it's the truth.

Dallas Cowboys = Oakland Raiders East

83Indian
11-05-2012, 12:11 AM
1 catch, 15 yards. Nothing in the second half, not even targeted by Romo.

Dallas needs to run more no huddle on offense. They waited until seven minutes were left in the game to do so...it was too late then.

Enough said then. Our wide outs are not even second tier in this league. Dez has gotta go. Just blow this thing up and hire Sean Peyton next year. At least we will score then.

Macarthur
11-05-2012, 12:13 AM
In dez's defense, he missed most of practice this week so I don't think he was 100%.

Tejastrue
11-05-2012, 12:23 AM
I'm gonna say it now...the Cowboys will make the playoffs this year. There are way too many positives to take from recent games to not believe this. Enough said. Go Cowboys!!

cougartino
11-05-2012, 12:44 AM
I'm gonna say it now...the Cowboys will make the playoffs this year. There are way too many positives to take from recent games to not believe this. Enough said. Go Cowboys!!

Madden 2013, right?

ogg
11-05-2012, 12:51 AM

I like your optimism, but they are lacking a quality running game. Felix Jones doesn’t impress me. They have about a month of mediocre teams ahead so we’ll see.

SpursFan2012
11-05-2012, 03:33 AM
Twitter and FB reports Jerry Jones pounding on the locker room door when he couldn't get in after tonights game!! They said they have NEVER seen him that mad! Maybe there will be some news tomorrow from Big D!!

bobcat1
11-05-2012, 07:56 AM
At least we will get a good draft pick next year....... Garrett is not the boy wonder everyone thought he was or he would know it all starts with the line on both sides of the ball. His offense depends on everyone doing their job and winning the one on one battles. We are talented enough at the skill positions, but the O-Line looks like DIII talent going against DI talent in a college perspective. I don't like Felix Jones. Murray is okay but gets dinged up just like in college. We need a tough running back with the ability to make people miss. Barry Sanders couldn't be successful behind this line.

Roughneck93
11-05-2012, 08:36 AM
Twitter and FB reports Jerry Jones pounding on the locker room door when he couldn't get in after tonights game!! They said they have NEVER seen him that mad! Maybe there will be some news tomorrow from Big D!!

Lol, good!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/05/report-jerry-jones-locked-out-of-locker-room-after-game/

Tejastrue
11-05-2012, 09:40 AM
I like your optimism, but they are lacking a quality running game. Felix Jones doesn’t impress me. They have about a month of mediocre teams ahead so we’ll see.

Ah yes..the running game. There would be that. Hopefully Murray will be back soon. With that said he appears brittle. I miss Emmit. Lol..

Farmersfan
11-05-2012, 10:48 AM
This team has to score some points. I don't care how they do it or what the reason is for not doing so. Changes need to take place on this offense to get some points on the board. They had 9 possessions last night and scored a single TD. Twice they were in the Red Zone and went 0 for 2 on touchdowns. And it's not always the same person screwing up. It's different people at different times. The worse offense in the NFL (Jacksonville) scores 14.9 points a game on average and the Atlanta Falcons give up 17.9 points a game on average and the Dallas "FRICKIN" Cowboys manage just 13 points. This is unacceptable! Heads need to roll. And I mean they need to roll today! Jason Garrett is gone today if I'm the owner. Far, far, far too many mental errors and unintelligent plays by these players and coaches. I personally would bench Romo because he also isn't getting it done on a consistent basis and although they probably don't have a better option if they are going to lose anyway why not make a statement that might improve the outlook for this team in the future.
AND WHY THE HELL IS SCANDRICK NOT LOOKING FOR WORK RIGHT NOW?????????? :foul:

Macarthur
11-05-2012, 10:56 AM
I think Callahan has got to take over this offense if they have any hope of salvaging the season.

GrTigers6
11-05-2012, 11:01 AM
This team has to score some points. I don't care how they do it or what the reason is for not doing so. Changes need to take place on this offense to get some points on the board. They had 9 possessions last night and scored a single TD. Twice they were in the Red Zone and went 0 for 2 on touchdowns. And it's not always the same person screwing up. It's different people at different times. The worse offense in the NFL (Jacksonville) scores 14.9 points a game on average and the Atlanta Falcons give up 17.9 points a game on average and the Dallas "FRICKIN" Cowboys manage just 13 points. This is unacceptable! Heads need to roll. And I mean they need to roll today! Jason Garrett is gone today if I'm the owner. Far, far, far too many mental errors and unintelligent plays by these players and coaches. I personally would bench Romo because he also isn't getting it done on a consistent basis and although they probably don't have a better option if they are going to lose anyway why not make a statement that might improve the outlook for this team in the future.
AND WHY THE HELL IS SCANDRICK NOT LOOKING FOR WORK RIGHT NOW?????????? :foul:Not defending Romo in any way but Those damn dropped third down passes need to stop. On both of those redzone drives we had them on. Now the second one was a bit of a force throw by romo under pressure to dunbar but still catchable. If those are caught then we at least have a closer field goal. LOL
There is definetly mental errors all over the field from Staff to the Special teams.
And on the defensive side of the ball apparently we have gone back to bumping people instead of tackling.

GrTigers6
11-05-2012, 11:02 AM
I think Callahan has got to take over this offense if they have any hope of salvaging the season.

Looking at their schedule they should win the next 4. But who knows who will show up

bobcat1
11-05-2012, 11:33 AM
Lol, good!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/05/report-jerry-jones-locked-out-of-locker-room-after-game/
That's awesome!

Macarthur
11-05-2012, 11:36 AM
I've got an interesting thought on Romo.

I think they ought to go with a fast break offense and let Romo run the whole thing at the LOS. Romo has had a bad year this year and I'm beginning to wonder if it's because they are trying to be more deliberate and slow. Under center more, etc. The offense looked great when they cut lose at the end. Maybe they ought to come out like that and run the fast break offense and try to get a couple of TDs on theboard and then slow things down in the 2nd half, assuming they have a lead.

Farmersfan
11-05-2012, 11:54 AM
Not defending Romo in any way but Those damn dropped third down passes need to stop. On both of those redzone drives we had them on. Now the second one was a bit of a force throw by romo under pressure to dunbar but still catchable. If those are caught then we at least have a closer field goal. LOL
There is definetly mental errors all over the field from Staff to the Special teams.
And on the defensive side of the ball apparently we have gone back to bumping people instead of tackling.

Seems like this team has a lot more dropped passes on very important downs than I see from other teams. You are right they have to stop. The pessimist in me requires that I say it probably is a good thing that the receivers drop passes that would extend possessions because that reduces the number of opportunities Romo has to throw a pick 6. If these receivers made awesome catches then Romo would throw more passes and that means 6 points the other way!!!!!!

Farmersfan
11-05-2012, 11:56 AM

I think they ought to go with a fast break offense and let Romo run the whole thing at the LOS. Romo has had a bad year this year and I'm beginning to wonder if it's because they are trying to be more deliberate and slow. Under center more, etc. The offense looked great when they cut lose at the end. Maybe they ought to come out like that and run the fast break offense and try to get a couple of TDs on theboard and then slow things down in the 2nd half, assuming they have a lead.

Good idea! What can it hurt?

GrTigers6
11-05-2012, 12:50 PM
Good idea! What can it hurt?

Couldnt be any worse thats for sure

Indian 1985
11-05-2012, 01:40 PM
Jerry sucks! Until he and his son dies, the Cowboys won't be sh**! I hate to put it that way but it's the truth.

Dallas Cowboys = Oakland Raiders East

:iagree: Too bad we can't fire the owner.

Eagle 1
11-05-2012, 02:00 PM
Jerry Jones told Bob Costas over the weekend that Jones the owner would have fired Jones the G.M. by now.

I heard this on Sunday morning on the tv and thought, we the fans should fire your a$$ by boycotting all the games. Jones also went on to say "that he has confidence that we have the best players in the league. "
So if thats the case, then obviously there is a leadership problem.
I think the only coach on the team worth anything is Ryan.

Farmersfan
11-05-2012, 03:24 PM
I heard this on Sunday morning on the tv and thought, we the fans should fire your a$$ by boycotting all the games. Jones also went on to say "that he has confidence that we have the best players in the league. "
So if thats the case, then obviously there is a leadership problem.
I think the only coach on the team worth anything is Ryan.

And I really question the quality of Rob Ryan as a coach. He came with a lot of family history. A dad that had a lot of success (and some failure) in the NFL and a brother that is still up in the air as to his quality as a head coach. Nobody can deny Rex Ryan has a ton of talent on that team in New York yet he somehow manages to have them underacheiving regularly. They have a QB that shows hints of being an allstar but for some reason just fails at the wrong times...................... WAIT! was I talking about Rex or Rob?
So far I'm not real impressed with Rob Ryan and his defensive game planning.

Macarthur
11-05-2012, 04:33 PM
I've been reading quite a bit on the Ryan's. For what it's worth, I 've read lots of folks that I think know what they are talking about that it's a fundamentaly unsound defensive philosophy. It relies heavily on bringing pressure and puts a great amount of pressure on your coverage. It explains why the defense was not good last year and has been somewhat better this year due to better coverage personnel.

I don't know enough about it to comment on a scheme level, but I do know what I can see with my eyeballs and they don't look 'coordinated'. That 3rd and 12 where they didn't even have enough players on the field was a joke. How does that happen?

Eagle 1
11-05-2012, 05:07 PM
I don't know enough about it to comment on a scheme level, but I do know what I can see with my eyeballs and they don't look 'coordinated'. That 3rd and 12 where they didn't even have enough players on the field was a joke. How does that happen?

Fatigue. When the offense is constantly going 3 and out, the defense spends entirely to much time on the field. Right now Dallas has the number 5 defense in the league. Just think where they would be if they had time to rest in between series.

bobcat1
11-05-2012, 06:00 PM
I've been reading quite a bit on the Ryan's. For what it's worth, I 've read lots of folks that I think know what they are talking about that it's a fundamentaly unsound defensive philosophy. It relies heavily on bringing pressure and puts a great amount of pressure on your coverage. It explains why the defense was not good last year and has been somewhat better this year due to better coverage personnel.

I don't know enough about it to comment on a scheme level, but I do know what I can see with my eyeballs and they don't look 'coordinated'. That 3rd and 12 where they didn't even have enough players on the field was a joke. How does that happen?The 85 bears were awesome!

Roughneck93
11-05-2012, 07:29 PM

:iagree:

Hell, they have nothing to lose at this point.

Macarthur
11-05-2012, 09:09 PM
Fatigue. When the offense is constantly going 3 and out, the defense spends entirely to much time on the field. Right now Dallas has the number 5 defense in the league. Just think where they would be if they had time to rest in between series.

I don't want to imply the defense was worse than the offense because they weren't. However, e defense was far from good.

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/11/05/12/Defense-cannot-get-a-stop-at-crunch-time/landing_cowboys.html?blockID=814933&feedID=10194

When you give up a 100 yard rusher, two 100 yard pass catchers and 450 yards, you did not have a good day.

Macarthur
11-05-2012, 09:11 PM
And btw, the TOP was only 5 min diff.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gametracker/teamstats/NFL_20121104_DAL@ATL

Farmersfan
11-06-2012, 10:13 AM
I don't want to imply the defense was worse than the offense because they weren't. However, e defense was far from good.

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/11/05/12/Defense-cannot-get-a-stop-at-crunch-time/landing_cowboys.html?blockID=814933&feedID=10194

When you give up a 100 yard rusher, two 100 yard pass catchers and 450 yards, you did not have a good day.

I think this is reflective of Rob Ryan's all or nothing style of defense. Like you said, it relies heavily on individual talent to be able to handle one-on-one assignments and when one of those individuals doesn't deliver the offense goes for huge plays. That is what happened on sunday. The Falcons had a lot of huge plays. The defense would stuff the run for several plays in a row then it would break for 25 yards. So far this season I can think of a handful of times the other team has had huge plays because of incorrect matchups by Rob Ryan. When most of the big plays are made against them I seem to always see the names Scandrick or Sensabaugh in the mix somewhere. But let's not forget this defense is playing with a lot of injuries. Ratliff made a huge difference last week against the Giants and was pretty good against the Falcons run and most of the Falcon's big plays came when he went out. I think he was not close to 100% and might have hurt himself again. The young LBers are coming around quick on this team but they really miss Sean Lee in the middle. If they had Church, Ratliff, Spencer and Lee all healthy at the same time I think this defense would truely be special.

Macarthur
11-06-2012, 10:17 AM
I don't disagree. I think the defense has the potential, when healthy, to be special.

I guess I just would prefer a more sound scheme. When you listen to comentators talk about how defenses approach the Cowboys offense is to not let them get behind them and make the Cowboys work the ball down the field. I think a lot of teams have issues when they have to put together 8-12 play drives to score points. That's exactly what Atl did; they played two safties deep and made the Cowboys drive the whole field. I don't mind blitzes and taking chances; I just think the timing is very critical.

Farmersfan
11-07-2012, 10:06 AM
I don't disagree. I think the defense has the potential, when healthy, to be special.

I guess I just would prefer a more sound scheme. When you listen to comentators talk about how defenses approach the Cowboys offense is to not let them get behind them and make the Cowboys work the ball down the field. I think a lot of teams have issues when they have to put together 8-12 play drives to score points. That's exactly what Atl did; they played two safties deep and made the Cowboys drive the whole field. I don't mind blitzes and taking chances; I just think the timing is very critical.

Amen to this. but if you remember the defense before Ryan that would play it safe would give up those 12 or 15 play drives that resulted in points anyway. And with all things considered this is still one of the best defenses in the NFL. A lot of people want to nit pic and claim they aren't getting turnovers or they give up too many big plays and whatever but at the end of the day would you prefer a defense that gives up 30 points a game with some takeaways or a defense that gives up 15 points a game and no takeaways? The bottom line problem with Dallas right now is the offense isn't scoring any points. If your defense holds a top offense (and undefeated) team to 19 points at their own stadium where they have only lost 4 times in the last 3 years then you have to win that game. But our offense scored just 13 points. To put this in perspective: Kansas City, Carolina, Washington, Oakland and Philly all scored more points against Atlanta than the Cowboys did. If anybody claims the defense should have held Atlanta to fewer than 13 points so the Cowboys could win then they are retarded and shouldn't be allowed to post on here!

Macarthur
11-07-2012, 10:09 AM
Sure, I think the discuss centered around the job the defense did in crunch time. The fact that the offense sucked was a given; no question the offense let this team down.

GrTigers6
11-07-2012, 10:13 AM
Amen to this. but if you remember the defense before Ryan that would play it safe would give up those 12 or 15 play drives that resulted in points anyway. And with all things considered this is still one of the best defenses in the NFL. A lot of people want to nit pic and claim they aren't getting turnovers or they give up too many big plays and whatever but at the end of the day would you prefer a defense that gives up 30 points a game with some takeaways or a defense that gives up 15 points a game and no takeaways? The bottom line problem with Dallas right now is the offense isn't scoring any points. If your defense holds a top offense (and undefeated) team to 19 points at their own stadium where they have only lost 4 times in the last 3 years then you have to win that game. But our offense scored just 13 points. To put this in perspective: Kansas City, Carolina, Washington, Oakland and Philly all scored more points against Atlanta than the Cowboys did. If anybody claims the defense should have held Atlanta to fewer than 13 points so the Cowboys could win then they are retarded and shouldn't be allowed to post on here!I agree with the defense being better this year. But the only problem I have is the fact that they cant adjust when the offense does to continue to shut them down. OUr offense as week as it is gets us back in the game only for the defense to give up back to back drives and go down by 10. Yes the offense should score more and in no way am I blaming the defense for the loss. Its just Ryan needs to adjust when the opposing team adjusts. It seems like he finds something that works well in the beginning and stays with it even after the offense changes their scheme and starts to score points. Just my 2 cents

Farmersfan
11-07-2012, 04:46 PM
I agree with the defense being better this year. But the only problem I have is the fact that they cant adjust when the offense does to continue to shut them down. OUr offense as week as it is gets us back in the game only for the defense to give up back to back drives and go down by 10. Yes the offense should score more and in no way am I blaming the defense for the loss. Its just Ryan needs to adjust when the opposing team adjusts. It seems like he finds something that works well in the beginning and stays with it even after the offense changes their scheme and starts to score points. Just my 2 cents

The only thing that really matters is that in 8 games this season the Falcons have allowed an average of 19 points a game and scored an average of 27.5 points a game. The Cowboys allowed 19 and scored 13! It's pretty simple which part of the team was below average....AGAIN!

GrTigers6
11-07-2012, 08:13 PM
The only thing that really matters is that in 8 games this season the Falcons have allowed an average of 19 points a game and scored an average of 27.5 points a game. The Cowboys allowed 19 and scored 13! It's pretty simple which part of the team was below average....AGAIN!I know that, that is what I said in the beginning. Just asking why the defense cant change with the offensive corrections to contnue the dominance. In no way am I saying that the defense is at fault, not even partially!