PDA

View Full Version : District Championship and Playoff Tie Breaker

bp80884
11-03-2012, 03:15 PM
I have a question. Now that we are getting down to week 10, what are the tie breakers in close districts?

I should know this and I am sure it has been talked about in the past but can't seem to locate the information.

toddg
11-03-2012, 03:31 PM
I have a question. Now that we are getting down to week 10, what are the tie breakers in close districts?

I should know this and I am sure it has been talked about in the past but can't seem to locate the information.

every district sets their tie breaker rules..but most have.. head to head, points differientel, and the good old coin flip.

FB-fanatic
11-03-2012, 06:13 PM
Bobby, I believe you guys locked with your win last night. We were hoping for a lock - you guys did your part, but also needed Connally over LV. Assuming a LV win over Robinson (who is out) next week, we win and we are #1 in district or lose and Connally in and we are out. Wow, all or nothing.

The point differential is usually 17 points max. I am pretty sure that is how our district set it up.

bp80884
11-03-2012, 06:58 PM
Bobby, I believe you guys locked with your win last night. We were hoping for a lock - you guys did your part, but also needed Connally over LV. Assuming a LV win over Robinson (who is out) next week, we win and we are #1 in district or lose and Connally in and we are out. Wow, all or nothing.

The point differential is usually 17 points max. I am pretty sure that is how our district set it up.

Wow, I did not see that. I was hoping we were both in. Last night it was great seeing Dylan. TT him after the game and he had such a good game.

So proud of all of our boys. Yours is having such a great year. Saw him on the highlights last night, looks like he has gotten even faster. He'd make on heck of an offensive tackle! Either way, I refuse to root against him next week.

I look forward to seeing y'all next week.

FB-fanatic
11-03-2012, 08:04 PM
Saw Davin also last night. Man he is quick. Lookin forward to next week.

True story - heard it from multiple coaches. Harris's sophomore year, September. Varsity coaches were struggilng to fill an offensive tackle position - Harris's name came up multiple times. *Luckily* a senior eventually stepped up - whew - that was close.

Funny, a lot of dads have been texting me today, can't believe - you guys beat Connally, we beat LV ~ and LV beats CC last night, yet you guys lock with win over RR, but not us with win over West. I keep telling them it's true. Wierd year in 17-3A.

bp80884
11-03-2012, 11:13 PM
Saw Davin also last night. Man he is quick. Lookin forward to next week.

True story - heard it from multiple coaches. Harris's sophomore year, September. Varsity coaches were struggilng to fill an offensive tackle position - Harris's name came up multiple times. *Luckily* a senior eventually stepped up - whew - that was close.

Funny, a lot of dads have been texting me today, can't believe - you guys beat Connally, we beat LV ~ and LV beats CC last night, yet you guys lock with win over RR, but not us with win over West. I keep telling them it's true. Wierd year in 17-3A.

Yeah, you told me that story last year during soccer and it just makes me laugh more now. Says a lot about the athlete that he is cause as good as he is at QB he would be that good playing on the line, receiver or even on the cheer leading team. I love watching him play just like I love watching Dav.

See you guys on Friday.