PDA

View Full Version : Region I - Glen Rose

yrofthegrtiger
11-03-2012, 01:43 PM
Everyone better realize Glen Rose is for real. You can expect a deep run if not the distance, its a team of destiny! Good kids with lots of focus and a community that is on FIRE for the Tigers.

83Indian
11-03-2012, 01:53 PM
Everyone better realize Glen Rose is for real. You can expect a deep run if not the distance, its a team of destiny! Good kids with lots of focus and a community that is on FIRE for the Tigers.

I agree. Some teams are going to be surprised with the execution on offense and not bad on defense either. I hope we can play again for the Regional final.

Good luck the rest of the way.

GrTigers6
11-03-2012, 02:02 PM
Thanks 83indian. I hope so too. That would be the game of the century. Kinda like the rematches of aledo/stephenville. But hopefully with a different outcome! Lol

yrofthegrtiger
11-03-2012, 02:08 PM
Yeah, thanks 83indian. You sound like a 1st Class individual. See my other post about the Alvarado fan at the 5th & 6th Grade game today, he could use some character coaching from you. Good luck to you as well.

83Indian
11-03-2012, 02:12 PM
Yeah, thanks 83indian. You sound like a 1st Class individual. See my other post about the Alvarado fan at the 5th & 6th Grade game today, he could use some character coaching from you. Good luck to you as well.

I think every town has one and hopefully some Indian Dad will put him in his place.

Sville
11-03-2012, 02:21 PM
IMO Glen Rose has been the best team we have played to date.

yrofthegrtiger
11-03-2012, 02:30 PM
Yeah dude, when it was 35-31 with us on your two yard line beginning the 4th, I thought GR might pull it out, but the Jackets just played flawless that night.

83Indian
11-03-2012, 02:44 PM
Yeah dude, when it was 35-31 with us on your two yard line beginning the 4th, I thought GR might pull it out, but the Jackets just played flawless that night.

Both Ville and Glen Rose have offensive schemes that are hard to defend even with great athletes. Forces the defense into a thinking game instead of just being able to react. Defenses are forced into so many man to man match up's, one mistake and its a big play. Plus both teams have quaterbacks that can execute and go thru the reads. The only way I see anyone giving these teams trouble is a team with a dominant dline that can create pressure and linebackers than can run. Both teams have pretty good defenses as well. Even if you do meet a team who can matchup, you will be in that game because of how good your offense is. Alvarado will have a tougher road as we rely on ball control and defense. Alvarado needed at least two stops on defense to be in the game with glen rose and turnovers by ville to be close at the end. I still think there is a good chance we have state champ appearances in both divisons from district 7. Time to turn the tide on the east texas folks. We were close last year and this year its time to kick the door in.

yrofthegrtiger
11-03-2012, 02:53 PM
Amen brotha !!!

I agree Glen Rose has put together something special. Might be one of the deals that turns the program around forever. I personally would love to see them do well. I mean kids in Glen Rose might stop leaving to Stephenville.
Kind of like what happens to Granbury they get a few talented kids and what happens they leave to Stephenville or Aledo. When the kids believe and the fans believe anything is possible in time. Having a coach from Stephenville was very smart not because hes a great coach or not. But because he can bring that I FEEL LIKE A WINNER ATTITUDE. Good luck and god bless you all. Oh and before you think im getting soft were going to beat your ass in basketball. VILLE UP!!!!

hollywood
11-03-2012, 04:38 PM
I kept hearing GR would make some noise. Until I watched them play Fairfield the week before they played Stephenville, I just wasn't sure. I'm telling everyone out there now, that Glen Rose is for REAL! They have a special group of athletes this season. I spoke with a very good friend of mine who taught there the last few years and he said that this group of young men are not only very talented athletically, but are great students and have upstanding character as well. With that base combined with good coaching, you get a special team. This could be the year for Glen Rose. Anyone who's in their way, I'm sorry. GR will surprise most teams that have no clue. Great QB, RB, WR's and a big stout O-line who can pass block with purpose. They execute the spread better than anyone I've seen since Brownwood 2010 but have a better QB and O-line. Ask Alvarado fans about GR. I kept telling these fans that GR was for real and they kept saying yeah, yeah, yeah. We know GR. Ask them now. ;)

Tin Cup
11-03-2012, 04:52 PM
A team will have to disrupt the offense with pressure. Even great 3A secondaries can't stop this type offense if the QB has time. I personally think GR will win Region 1 and possibly play for the title if healthy. I wanted us to beat Gatesville but here we are. I don't see GR looking ahead like I could potentially see an sville type doing.

hollywood
11-03-2012, 07:21 PM
A team will have to disrupt the offense with pressure. Even great 3A secondaries can't stop this type offense if the QB has time. I personally think GR will win Region 1 and possibly play for the title if healthy. I wanted us to beat Gatesville but here we are. I don't see GR looking ahead like I could potentially see an sville type doing.

GR is hungry. So is Sville. Some Sville fans may be looking ahead but I guarantee you the players and coaches aren't. Remember Brownwood 2010 and how many posters thought Brownwood was unstoppable? Lol Any team is if matched against other greatness... like Carthage.

yrofthegrtiger
11-03-2012, 08:15 PM
So how was Gatesville? They are usually pretty tough.

yrofthegrtiger
11-03-2012, 08:20 PM
"I spoke with a very good friend of mine who taught there the last few years and he said that this group of young men are not only very talented athletically, but are great students and have upstanding character as well." - you couldn't be more spot on, just a great group of kids that give us confidence in the future. And that's not just this team, there are a pile of fantastic kids who are 100% baseball or 100% basketball out of this Senior class who are also top notch. Just such a pleasure to see this Class of '13 realizing their potential. A legacy for others to follow.

hollywood
11-03-2012, 09:00 PM
So how was Gatesville? They are usually pretty tough.

Gatesville is good. How good? That's to be determined against Alvarado in 2 weeks. Brownwood and Gatesville went toe to toe for 2 qtrs. A mishandled punt return by Bwd on their own 5 was a huge turning point in the game IMO. Gatesville punched it in and never looked back. Brownwood had some success running the ball but resorted to throwing the ball after getting behind.

I think Gatesville will have a lot of trouble with Alvarado. They haven't faced a defense as good as the Indians. QB #9 is pretty good but not any better than West from Alvarado. Their RB #21 is quick but I don't see him having any success against the Indians. His size will hurt him against a physical D. From having seen both play, Alvarado will have them outsized on both sides of the ball. Gatesville's DB's are tiny.

Alvarado should win by 14+
Then again, you never know. ;)

Another thing with Glen Rose having top notch athletic facilities will bring kids in. Keep on keeping on.

83Indian
11-03-2012, 10:11 PM
Gatesville is good. How good? That's to be determined against Alvarado in 2 weeks. Brownwood and Gatesville went toe to toe for 2 qtrs. A mishandled punt return by Bwd on their own 5 was a huge turning point in the game IMO. Gatesville punched it in and never looked back. Brownwood had some success running the ball but resorted to throwing the ball after getting behind.

I think Gatesville will have a lot of trouble with Alvarado. They haven't faced a defense as good as the Indians. QB #9 is pretty good but not any better than West from Alvarado. Their RB #21 is quick but I don't see him having any success against the Indians. His size will hurt him against a physical D. From having seen both play, Alvarado will have them outsized on both sides of the ball. Gatesville's DB's are tiny.

Alvarado should win by 14+
Then again, you never know. ;)

Hope your right Hollywood. Kenny West has the experience for sure. He has led this team since his sophomore year. We do not have the weapons over the top we have had the last two years. Against Glen Rose, two drives stalled due to dropped passes. Our offense is what it is. Methodical pounding ground game with a decent passing attack. Defense is the key to advancing in the playoffs. I'm counting on experience and coaching to be a factor in our favor.

hollywood
11-03-2012, 10:19 PM
Hope your right Hollywood. Kenny West has the experience for sure. He has led this team since his sophomore year. We do not have the weapons over the top we have had the last two years. Against Glen Rose, two drives stalled due to dropped passes. Our offense is what it is. Methodical pounding ground game with a decent passing attack. Defense is the key to advancing in the playoffs. I'm counting on experience and coaching to be a factor in our favor.

83Indian, I've been wrong before. And this is no disrespect to Gatesville, but they haven't seen a defense as stout as Alavardo's, period. I wouldn't be surprised if y'all hold them to under 14 points.

Redzone10
11-03-2012, 10:32 PM
Knowing those kids from Gatesville, they have lost every pre-game eye test all year long...way overrated.

IndianQbdad
11-04-2012, 01:14 AM

You are correct. I can't not even begin to count the dropped passes this year that could have really changed the outcome of a few games. It is what it is. One thing about this team is there is never any blame. They win or lose as a team. One thing I can say about Kenny , is that he doesn't get rattled easy. Always stays calm knowing what the task at hand is. Has been a great leader, and has nothing to be ashamed of. I am very proud of him for what he has accomplished and I know he wii be just fine in life. Now with that being said " let's go get us a state championship"

hollywood
11-04-2012, 10:17 AM
Back to Glen Rose. Couldn't find every players size, but here's a few. The O-line and D-line are both big. Skilled players are big for 3A. Key play makers are QB#10, WR#4, RB#22, WR#21, TE#9. RB #22 is IMO the best back in District 7. And that says something since there is #8 and #11 from Alvarado, #22 from Stephenville. Burtscher runs downhill, strong, and has the speed to take it to the house on any given play. Great athlete.

2012 Glen Rose Tigers

Offense
Position Player Class Height Weight
LT #75 Hance Burney Sr. - -
LG #62 Estevan Carranza Jr. - -
C #77 Colton Schroeder Sr. 6'2 295
RG #57 Jack Payne Sr. - -
RT #65 RJ Darch So. - -
TE #9 Jared Thames Sr. 6'0 265
WR #3 Carrett Trotter Sr. - -
WR #4 Justin Weatherley Sr. 6'3 190
WR #2 Kyle Cauble Sr. - -
QB #10 Colton Bretton Sr. 6'5 200
TB #22 Cody Burtscher Sr. 6'0 195
Defense
DE #52 Logan Douglas Sr. - -
NG #44 Cury Mapes Sr. - -
DE #9 Jared Thames Sr. 6'0 265
OLB#13 Hayden Holder So. - -
ILB #33 Jed Bridges Jr. - -
ILB #20 Keith McAnally Sr. - -
OLB#48 Carter Brandt Sr. - -
CB #12 Blake Eschbach Sr. - -
CB #2 Kyle Cauble Sr. - -
SS #22 Cody Burtscher Sr. 6'0 195
FS #15 Kevin Uehlein Jr. - -

Rabid Cougar
11-04-2012, 11:04 AM
Two self gratification threads on GR at the same time. Jeesh. They beat China Spring for the first time in a generation of school kids and they think they hung the moon.

hollywood
11-04-2012, 11:15 AM
Two self gratification threads on GR at the same time. Jeesh. They beat China Spring for the first time in a generation of school kids and they think they hung the moon.

They deserve it!

hollywood
11-04-2012, 11:35 AM
Only 1 blemish in their season thus far.

What does it take to beat GR? See below. ;)

http://stephenvilleyellowjackets.com/index.php?topic=1180.0

Only 1 blemish in their season thus far.

What does it take to beat GR? See below. ;)

http://stephenvilleyellowjackets.com/index.php?topic=1180.0

The line dominated the game had all day. We got to the QB rushing 3 on D. Total domination