PDA

View Full Version : Giddings @ Yoakum

YTBulldogs
11-03-2012, 12:19 PM
Both must win to have a chance for final playoff spot. That's the only thing we can control Friday night.

fanofthegame
11-03-2012, 12:49 PM
did alittle research and i think the last time these two met was around '08 ish...when giddings knocked yoakum out of playoffs in austin at house park. alittle revenge for yoakum might be in the making, that and along with giddings is just not playing ball right now.

YTBulldogs
11-03-2012, 01:09 PM
I hope Yoakum ISD spends some of the oil/gas coin on field turf next year? Shame to have to play the final few home games each year on sand and mud between the hash marks. With our successful CYFL programs, the community will support that purchase IMO. More you play on field turf, better it is for it I hear.

Pudlugger
11-03-2012, 03:04 PM
Too bad I can't watch this game. I think Yoakum romps to get a well deserved playoff spot. The chemistry favors the Bulldogs who are at the top of their game while Giddings is reeling from three straight losses most recently from 0-3 district rival Smithville. It appears something is wrong in Buffalo Country. Lost mojo is hard to find. Meanwhile the Bulldogs know what they got and it it's Dyn-O-Mite. Yoakum by 14.

YTBulldogs
11-03-2012, 06:31 PM
Too bad I can't watch this game. I think Yoakum romps to get a well deserved playoff spot. The chemistry favors the Bulldogs who are at the top of their game while Giddings is reeling from three straight losses most recently from 0-3 district rival Smithville. It appears something is wrong in Buffalo Country. Lost mojo is hard to find. Meanwhile the Bulldogs know what they got and it it's Dyn-O-Mite. Yoakum by 14.

Well Pud, I just wish we had our fortune in our hands by a win over Giddings. We did have control this past Friday, and came up short to a great LG team. Now, we need help along with a win over Giddings. Don't like it, but--that's football and we have to play the hand dealt us now. Regardless the outcome, IMO the best teams in D26 will move on and a wish them the best should we fall short. In my gut, we will beat Giddings to do our part of this playoff scenario. After all, that's all we can control, our play.

If this is my final game as a Bulldog Dad, it's been the best 2 years of my life watching my son and nephew play for Yoakum. Nothing can take away the memory's. Sure love them boy's experience a playoff game together. But, more to life than football. And, I will be ready to return to the field as an official once again next year. It's been fun yapping on 3ADL too. That will have to end I assume when I don the stripes.:bigcry:

I do have a 4 year old grandson, so one day I will get to be involved again. He loves them Bulldogs.

fanofthegame
11-05-2012, 03:09 PM
any injuries that might have a play in the outcome of this game.

hookandladder
11-05-2012, 06:34 PM
any injuries that might have a play in the outcome of this game.

Last I heard Giggings RB ( Glenn) not doing well, if he cannot go could be long night for them Buffs. Not the Buffs of old, to many players going both ways. We found that out first game , our RB was playing LB first game and now he does not sniff the defensive side of the ball. I will be shocked if Giddings wins this game however I was shocked that Yoakum got beat by Rice, so I guess you never really know who is going to show up.

Pudlugger
11-05-2012, 06:45 PM
Yoakum wins big 14+ not even close. Giddings is way overrated and Yoakum is playing great football right now.

txsportswriter
11-05-2012, 06:51 PM
A good friend of mine in Giddings had this to say about the Buffaloes:
"Starting quarterback Adam Dock (shoulder) and starting tailback Joseph Glenn (ankle) both left the game on Friday night with injuries. Both are questionable for this week.
Let's put it this way, even with them in the lineup the week before, we still lost to La Grange 31-0, and lost to Smithville 16-3 this week. Yoakum has an excellent chance of winning.
Buffs started out 6-0 and then fell apart. I've heard it's a lack of team chemistry and players are bickering about who is doing what the best, or worst lol."

I don't care who's hurt, but I can guarantee you that Giddings will come ready to play because they still have an outside shot at making the playoffs. Those seniors on that team don't want to go out having lost their final four games of the season. Yoakum has a lot to play for as well and the Bulldog seniors don't want to lose their last home game. Besides, the 'Dogs still have a possible playoff ticket waiting with a little help. It will be a battle for sure.

Giddings did defeat Yoakum 41-27 in a 2008 bi-district contest in Austin the last time these two teams met.

The teams first met in 1970 with Giddings taking a 33-12 decision. The teams have met 21 times with Giddings owning a 11-9-1 record.
2008: Giddings 41, Yoakum 27 (bi-district)
2005: Giddings 45, Yoakum 21
2004: Yoakum 45, Giddings 20
2003: Giddings 27, Yoakum 7
2002: Yoakum 24, Giddings 0
2001: Giddings 24, Yoakum 0
2000: Yoakum 44, Giddings 23
1999: Yoakum 20, Giddings 13
1998: Giddings 24, Yoakum 10
1997: Giddings 19, Yoakum 13 (OT)
1996: TIED, 0-0
1995: Giddings 10, Yoakum 7
1994: Giddings 9, Yoakum 6
1993: Yoakum 7, Giddings 6
1992: Yoakum 13, Giddings 8
1991: Yoakum 34, Giddings 13
1990: Giddings 38, Yoakum 0
1989: Giddings 17, Yoakum 0
1988: Yoakum 24, Giddings 7
1971: Yoakum 22, Giddings 12
1970: Giddings 33, Yoakum 12

*I'll make my prediction later this week.

Pudlugger
11-05-2012, 06:53 PM
I stand by my prediction Yoakum wins big.

rb585
11-05-2012, 07:05 PM
Giddings has a history of starting fast and not panning out. They had some nice early season wins again, but I think they got kind of lucky when they squirreled out a win over Liberty Hill and caught Wimberley before their offense got settled. Either of those could have easily been losses.

I've always liked Yoakum even though I've never been there. Maybe I just like saying Yoakum.

gameface
11-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Pass me a fork-Buffaloe's are done! Dawgs by 28. No rebutal required!

fanofthegame
11-06-2012, 06:30 AM
i agree gameface, saw the lagrange game and when giddings gets behind heads start hanging. friend said same happened with smithville game. what's funny is no one from giddings is on here trying to defend the buffaloes, but if that snowball does survive and giddings does win, boy i bet the buff fans come out then.

hookandladder
11-06-2012, 07:08 AM
i agree gameface, saw the lagrange game and when giddings gets behind heads start hanging. friend said same happened with smithville game. what's funny is no one from giddings is on here trying to defend the buffaloes, but if that snowball does survive and giddings does win, boy i bet the buff fans come out then.

Yes very queit in Giddings land, cannot remember them ever being 1-3 in District. Coaching questions should be hitting the fan before long, I still stand by my earlier comment about what they have done in the lower grades and it normally does translate to their Senior year. The talent will come back in the near furture, just need a couple years. I still see a close game however Yoakum just has more big play capablitlity, Yoakum by two scores.

1st and goal
11-06-2012, 11:26 AM
Just don't have a lot to crow about. Tough game ahead. We will play hard with what we have.

buff4ever
11-06-2012, 11:30 AM
I am still here and supporting our team. It is hunting season, and that takes a lot of my time fortunately. I know that our offense has experienced some injuries here and there. QB and RB are two key postitions, but injuries are a part of the game. I still believe the offense will find a way to use our multiple weapons to win this game. I definetely believe it can happen, they just have to execute. I am not involved first hand with the players and coaches, so I won't speak directly to what the cause of lack of offense has been, but I think they will turn it around for one last push to see what happens in this game.

Hopefully the 3 players that were banged up the other night are able to heal up enough to get back out there and take care of buisness.

The buffs will be fine, we will hopefully win this game, and continue on. And for next year, we have a pretty good JV team and a better than average Freshman team to work with. We will be younger next year than this year, but we will be good I predict.

As for this game, I remember the 90s matchups more than the last 10-12 years, and they were generally tough and tight ball games as you can see on the list above. This use to be a regular game for these teams, has become less regular of late, but here we go. Playoffs start this week for both teams, most likely. I predict that LG and Gonzales will win this week, which makes this game a playoff game.

fanofthegame
11-06-2012, 12:29 PM
I am just wondering, if you have not scored a touchdown the last two games, what makes you think that the offense will find a way to use it's multiple weapons now????

buff4ever
11-06-2012, 03:10 PM
I am just wondering, if you have not scored a touchdown the last two games, what makes you think that the offense will find a way to use it's multiple weapons now????

Do put it plainly, we averaged over 30 points a game in the first 7 games. If you have that kind of success for that long, I am not one to think that you can't get it back after not having it for 2 weeks. I understand that something has happened, but I optimistically put more stock into 7 weeks of performance than 2. Something is there, we just have to work out the kink and get it going. It may just take one good drive again to get their confidence back up and get them clicking again.

fanofthegame
11-06-2012, 03:23 PM
Buff4ever..did it occur to you that other teams just found out how to beat you and you will not be productive the rest of the year? 80 ish total yards against lagrange, no touchdowns in 9 quarters? Teams will run up the middle, counter and trap block you to death. They stop your outside game and play off of your receivers so that they wont get burnt by them. The yards you give up is crazy and your once powerful running game from years past is gone. Good luck in the next years and good luck to the coaches who get to stay......

buff4ever
11-06-2012, 03:38 PM
Buff4ever..did it occur to you that other teams just found out how to beat you and you will not be productive the rest of the year? 80 ish total yards against lagrange, no touchdowns in 9 quarters? Teams will run up the middle, counter and trap block you to death. They stop your outside game and play off of your receivers so that they wont get burnt by them. The yards you give up is crazy and your once powerful running game from years past is gone. Good luck in the next years and good luck to the coaches who get to stay......

and if we get back on track this week, and score 21 to 30 points, what do you have to say then? I am sure that adjustments will be made, and injuries figured out. I don't know what the status of the injuries are at any of the postitions. Once again, it's part of the game, I KNOW THAT. Timing is not good for them right now. I think that you are hoping we don't figure it out, that is fine, doesn't hurt our feelings. The bottom line that you are wanting to hint to is ridiculous. We have excellent records from 7th grade through JV, and if we win this week 7 - 3 at varsity level with our predistrict schedule and toughest district in our region is not too shabby. Would I have traded an early loss for a district win, well in hind-sight heck yeah. Not sure why you have become so vocal all of a sudden about the buffaloes, but it doesn't look good on you.

Thanks though, and good luck to cen texas, who you apparently support.

fanofthegame
11-06-2012, 04:23 PM
So a person cannot express their views without a "shame on you"... wow, easy there buff4ever. Just a "fanofthegame's" view. Yes, centex is my passion, more south of you though. I think your boys will Rebound but have to wait till next year. I am sure you played football and by the way you write about it, played well, but as a player would you really want to make the playoffs with a 2-3 district record?

Pudlugger
11-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Do put it plainly, we averaged over 30 points a game in the first 7 games. If you have that kind of success for that long, I am not one to think that you can't get it back after not having it for 2 weeks. I understand that something has happened, but I optimistically put more stock into 7 weeks of performance than 2. Something is there, we just have to work out the kink and get it going. It may just take one good drive again to get their confidence back up and get them clicking again.

Please note that the three teams that beat Giddings especially LG and SV have the best defenses in D26.

buff4ever
11-06-2012, 05:36 PM
So a person cannot express their views without a "shame on you"... wow, easy there buff4ever. Just a "fanofthegame's" view. Yes, centex is my passion, more south of you though. I think your boys will Rebound but have to wait till next year. I am sure you played football and by the way you write about it, played well, but as a player would you really want to make the playoffs with a 2-3 district record?

The comments that you are getting a shame on you about are acting like the program is down all of a sudden due to 3 weeks and that it will take time to bounce back, and mentioning to the coaches that get to stick around. Giddings can win this week, and be 7-3 and in the playoffs potentially, and if I were a player on that team after the early season accomplishments, I would want to make the playoffs. Then see what happens in Region 4, when it is week to week. Giddings subvarsitys have put up big points, and played great defense, we will be young next year but very good IMO. I guess for a program like Giddings' over the past 15 years, 3 in a row, which hasn't happened very often, is considered down. So we will have to bounce back, but luckily if 3 in a row is considered down, it doesn't take long to get back. This doesn't mean that I am big on the 3 to the playoffs or future 4, but yes, these boys would want to make the playoffs and see how it goes. We are light in the trenches and that shows on both sides of the ball, but we are still talented enough to make some waves out there.

KingRob
11-06-2012, 11:28 PM
Dang, you're good.

KingRob
11-06-2012, 11:29 PM
did alittle research and i think the last time these two met was around '08 ish...when giddings knocked yoakum out of playoffs in austin at house park. alittle revenge for yoakum might be in the making, that and along with giddings is just not playing ball right now.

Once again,.....Dang, you're good!

KingRob
11-06-2012, 11:39 PM
Well Pud, I just wish we had our fortune in our hands by a win over Giddings. We did have control this past Friday, and came up short to a great LG team. Now, we need help along with a win over Giddings. Don't like it, but--that's football and we have to play the hand dealt us now. Regardless the outcome, IMO the best teams in D26 will move on and a wish them the best should we fall short. In my gut, we will beat Giddings to do our part of this playoff scenario. After all, that's all we can control, our play.

If this is my final game as a Bulldog Dad, it's been the best 2 years of my life watching my son and nephew play for Yoakum. Nothing can take away the memory's. Sure love them boy's experience a playoff game together. But, more to life than football. And, I will be ready to return to the field as an official once again next year. It's been fun yapping on 3ADL too. That will have to end I assume when I don the stripes.:bigcry:

I do have a 4 year old grandson, so one day I will get to be involved again. He loves them Bulldogs.

The good news is, the stripes make you thin! Good luck to the dawgs, I have mucho kin there.

LET'S GO CUERO!!!!!:cheerl::cheerl::cheerl:

BigGreen61
11-07-2012, 12:35 PM
In D 26 you never know whos going to show or whos going to win hang in there Buff

1st and goal
11-07-2012, 02:07 PM
So, if I'm thinking right, do the Buffs need themselves, LG, and GZ to win this weekend for 3rd spot???? Or is that enough to seal the deal?

hookandladder
11-07-2012, 03:54 PM
So, if I'm thinking right, do the Buffs need themselves, LG, and GZ to win this weekend for 3rd spot???? Or is that enough to seal the deal?

That would make Giddings, Yoakum and Cuero tied for 3rd , then it would come down to points. You would all disreguard your game with La Grange and figuire your points against each other , plus and minus for each game. Think that would put Giddings in , could be wrong.

gtownfan
11-07-2012, 05:40 PM
That would make Giddings, Yoakum and Cuero tied for 3rd , then it would come down to points. You would all disreguard your game with La Grange and figuire your points against each other , plus and minus for each game. Think that would put Giddings in , could be wrong.

Since Giddings would have beaten both Yoakum and Cuero (our only two district wins), seems like the Buffs would advance, regardless of the points, right?

buff4ever
11-07-2012, 05:42 PM
Since Giddings would have beaten both Yoakum and Cuero (our only two district wins), seems like the Buffs would advance, regardless of the points, right?

You are correct.

fanofthegame
11-07-2012, 06:00 PM
remember, you still have to play the game....that's they suit up and play, other wise we would just let dave campbell pick out the state champion.
like some of you have said in earlier post anything can happen, just ask buff4ever if he thought that his buffs would only have one district win going into the last game of the year after his pre-district games.

YTBulldogs
11-08-2012, 10:30 AM
We can only handle what we can control, and that will be our game tomorrow night. Best teams will advance with LG, out of D26, by day's end.

Yoakum 40
Giddings 20

buff4ever
11-08-2012, 12:26 PM
Hey YT, can you have the Yoakum fans set up a welcoming TAKE - IN since you aren't have a to do a SEND OFF? It would sure be nice and sportsmanlike. You will be able to set up for it well after the GREAT PEP RALLY that yall are sure to have.

I can assure you that we will pray after the game at mid-field no matter what, but if you could have some people welcome our busses when they come into town, it would be a nice gesture.

fanofthegame
11-08-2012, 12:35 PM
OMG...buff4ever.......
a little throw-up in my mouth....lol

buff4ever
11-08-2012, 12:48 PM
OMG...buff4ever.......
a little throw-up in my mouth....lol

If you don't read YT's post all year long, then my post would make you throw up, but if you have read his post, you should get it.

I love old YT, I really do, but posting how good of pep rallies they have every friday and how he orchestrates send offs for his team during the regular season, makes me kinda throw up quite often.

YTBulldogs
11-08-2012, 01:16 PM
but if you could have some people welcome our busses when they come into town, it would be a nice gesture.

Sorry, they will be welcoming our team buses about the same time ya'll arrive. But, welcome and if you need anything, just ask and our administration will be around to provide. Safe travels my friend.

hookandladder
11-08-2012, 01:41 PM
Hey YT, can you have the Yoakum fans set up a welcoming TAKE - IN since you aren't have a to do a SEND OFF? It would sure be nice and sportsmanlike. You will be able to set up for it well after the GREAT PEP RALLY that yall are sure to have.

I can assure you that we will pray after the game at mid-field no matter what, but if you could have some people welcome our busses when they come into town, it would be a nice gesture.

Maybe you both could be at the field around 4:45 and hold up some signs for The La Grange Leps when our team buses come thru on their way to Cuero ( Congrats District Champs - We hope to join you in the Playoffs), Good Luck tonight. What about that, sounds good to me.

fanofthegame
11-08-2012, 03:57 PM
Hook, that is what people call a slam dunk....enough said....lol, that is good bull there

29-3aFAN
11-08-2012, 05:50 PM
Hoping for a Yoakum win. They play teams close regardless of the opponents strength, 28-27 Yoakum

Pudlugger
11-08-2012, 09:25 PM
If the Yoakum team that played LG to the tooth and nail shows up tomorrow Giddings is in for a big whuppin'.

txsportswriter
11-08-2012, 10:31 PM
Tomorrow night will be an awesome night for the Bulldogs, trust me. These kids have faith that what needs to happen will happen. They will take care of business on the field and I feel their best game of the season will be on display. Too much firepower for the Buffs to contain and our defense will finally show up and play tough. I see the game being close in the first half, but Yoakum pulling away in the second half and winning, 43-20.
Go Bulldogs, Leopards & Tigers!

Gone Fishing
11-09-2012, 07:58 AM
Good luck YT, hope ya'll play well and a injury free game. I didn't pick a winner in the poll, too close to call.

buff4ever
11-09-2012, 08:24 AM
Buffs won both games again last night. We have some good talent it looks like coming up, those teams have done very well this year.

1st and goal
11-09-2012, 09:09 AM
If the Yoakum team that played LG to the tooth and nail shows up tomorrow Giddings is in for a big whuppin'.

I say it depends on which Giddings team shows up. Gonna be windy, forecasting gusts up to 30 plus.

Pud, I think you need something constructive to do. Why don't you go and give that gorilla on the hill a fresh coat of paint and a new costume? ;).,:stirpot:

YTBulldogs
11-09-2012, 11:36 AM
Good luck YT, hope ya'll play well and a injury free game. I didn't pick a winner in the poll, too close to call.

Thanks GF, should be an exciting game. We'll let the playoff chips fall where they may, and only control our own performance. Means nothing if job #1 isn't done first, a Bulldog win. Good luck to ya'll in the playoff's as well.

fanofthegame
11-09-2012, 11:50 AM
Did it ever occur to you buff4ever that the reason your fresh an jv teams are doing well, is that the other teams have their good fresh and soph players on varsity? I know i always look at programs and look at the underclassmen playing and starting on fridays then thursdays. This could explain why your thursdays are getting good results. Not stir'n pots here, just looking at the big picture. Also, what happens in a couple of years if those underclassmen do not produce, you are putting alot into those younger classes. Everyone be safe traveling tonight.

YTBulldogs
11-09-2012, 12:38 PM
The Giddings athletes I seen at the JH and SV level, are extremely talented, and great looking in stature. Yes, true fanofthegame---it's what happens to them at the varsity level. But, not a bad pool to select from for the next several years. These athletes I've seen, I predict will be big time producers in their program.

fanofthegame
11-09-2012, 12:53 PM
True, true.. Only Witness'd one buffaloe game this year, lagrange game, ugly. So eating crow, cannot speak on younger talent on what they or anyone else has except us

29-3aFAN
11-09-2012, 01:01 PM
Gonna be a windy game!!

buff4ever
11-09-2012, 01:18 PM
I unerstand that fanof, and agree, but if I had to choose between a freshman and JV combined record of 17 - 3 or 10 - 10, I think that would be an easy decision. We have had a sophmore or 2 on varsity as well, not as many as some might probably because of so many senior starters. At the freshman level the games were generally not even close, our JV games were a lot closer, but still show some athletes there. Better than not.

They are learning the new program at the appropriate age and buying in, upper classmen had a tougher adjustment, we are trying to throw the ball this year with kids who didn't throw and catch from seventh grade on. Wasn't stressed or practices and wasn't gonna happen.

Friday night and must win for both teams in most scenarios, should be entertaining.

fanofthegame
11-09-2012, 01:38 PM
Would like to see this one but got to watch da leps... May the better team join us for season 2 this year.

1st and goal
11-09-2012, 05:52 PM
Everybody drive safe and pray for an injury free game, neutrally officiated.

gtownfan
11-09-2012, 06:47 PM
Anyone know if this game will be on the internet or radio?

regaleagle
11-09-2012, 07:12 PM
I'm taking those Yoakum Bulldogs to win this one by a score of 35-14. Something tells me they're gonna git the last playoff spot, too. Good luck to YT and his Dawgs tonite. And tell Cousin Rick hello for me, will ya?

SpursFan2012
11-09-2012, 09:03 PM
Any score update??

29-3aFAN
11-09-2012, 09:25 PM
Yoakum up 21-0. 3 min left till half

YTBulldogs
11-10-2012, 12:03 AM
Yoakum win's it easy. All the kid's got to play too. Could of been worse. Nice start of the season Giddings, and best of luck next year. Try them pep rally's and team send off's next year.;) Must thank Smithville, they got us in and we'll make the most of it.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-10-2012, 12:07 AM
Yoakum win's it easy. All the kid's got to play too. Could of been worse. Nice start of the season Giddings, and best of luck next year. Try them pep rally's and team send off's next year.;) Must thank Smithville, they got us in and we'll make the most of it.

Congrats Yoakum in making it to the playoffs. What part of the bracket will Yoakum be in?

YTBulldogs
11-10-2012, 12:09 AM
Small school. We are the smallest team in district. I think we will face Wharton.

Saggy Aggie
11-10-2012, 09:18 PM
What the hell happened to giddings? They started the season in beast mode and didnt even make the playoffs? ***

1st and goal
11-10-2012, 09:27 PM
Giddings shot themselves in the foot 3 times in a row to start the game. The first 3 possessions for the Buffs went like this. The dogs would kickoff, Giddings would line up and snap the ball over the QB's head. You can't give a good team like Yoakum the field position like that. It was 21-0 in just a few minutes of the game. I think the Buffs held them scoreless the 2nd quarter but it was enough. They have some talent and hopefully fare well against Wharton.

Giddings will reload. Our JV and Frosh had great seasons. Looking forward to the next few years of ball.