PDA

View Full Version : Boerne @ Wimberley for District Championship

lbjacj
11-03-2012, 11:30 AM
Both teams are in the playoffs with Boerne going D1.

Mojo84
11-03-2012, 12:07 PM
Boerne surprises the Texans at their place.

ogg
11-03-2012, 12:11 PM
Mojo, are you from the Permian Basin?

wimbo_pro
11-03-2012, 12:49 PM
Texans handle Boerne without much of a problem. All kids get to play in this one.

lbjacj
11-03-2012, 12:55 PM
Texans handle Boerne without much of a problem. All kids get to play in this one.

I agree Wimbo. Texans are hitting their stride now especially on defense. My only complaint is with Nelms having Reed return punts even if he did take one to the house last night. He's too valuable at QB to risk losing to injury!

YTBulldogs
11-03-2012, 12:59 PM
Texans are at the normal post season position. Experience means a lot,

WT 35
Boerne 17

clhsdad
11-03-2012, 01:15 PM
Not even close Texans win.

Mojo84
11-03-2012, 01:40 PM
Mojo, are you from the Permian Basin?

Originally yes, Odessa. Live in Boerne now.

Pudlugger
11-03-2012, 03:19 PM
Texans are rolling. WT by 17

regaleagle
11-03-2012, 03:26 PM
Sorry to say this to the WT faithful, but I don't think the Texans are gonna bowl over Boerne. I think they will pose a problematic game for the Texans, and give Wimberley a very good game. I don't have a prohibitive favorite in this one, but I just don't think Boerne will fall down against the Texans. They will play tough, and put up the points. Last year is gone, and this year is now. Both teams still have room for improvement, but are both starting to find their game. Look for a very good battle here, probably a very exciting finish. Good luck to both teams next Friday.

Tejastrue
11-03-2012, 04:16 PM
Sorry to say this to the WT faithful, but I don't think the Texans are gonna bowl over Boerne. I think they will pose a problematic game for the Texans, and give Wimberley a very good game. I don't have a prohibitive favorite in this one, but I just don't think Boerne will fall down against the Texans. They will play tough, and put up the points. Last year is gone, and this year is now. Both teams still have room for improvement, but are both starting to find their game. Look for a very good battle here, probably a very exciting finish. Good luck to both teams next Friday.

You certainly are entitled to your opinion and seeing how you picked Boerne to win means you are obviously leaning their way. This is for the district title which still means something here in Wimberley. Every team needs improvement in some phase of their game. We have slowly been doing that as the season progressed after many had already written us off. I see a dominant, no questions asked performance from the Texans come Friday night.

regaleagle
11-03-2012, 06:41 PM
And I don't blame you one bit for supporting your troops..... I do the same for my team. But from an unbiased position, I'm just looking at a close game that either team has a chance to win it late. I really haven't seen either team play, so what do I really know, anyways. All I do is read about the games each week and see what kind of progress and competition those teams played against. And I realize this will be for a district title, so any team that is playing for that, Boerne included, will leave it all on the field. So no, I don't see a blowout here, but a hard-fought close game. No WT bandwagon here from where I sit. Just a good game between 2 teams that want a district title.

rb585
11-03-2012, 07:02 PM
Texans are rolling. WT by 17

I am extremely disappointed. I expected you to pick Boerne because of "the intangibles associated with the rivalry." Doesn't Boerne want it more and have nothing to lose and want to knock them off their pedestal?

rb585
11-03-2012, 07:03 PM

Something like a 21-14 score?

wimbo_pro
11-03-2012, 07:13 PM
And I don't blame you one bit for supporting your troops..... I do the same for my team. But from an unbiased position, I'm just looking at a close game that either team has a chance to win it late. I really haven't seen either team play, so what do I really know, anyways. All I do is read about the games each week and see what kind of progress and competition those teams played against. And I realize this will be for a district title, so any team that is playing for that, Boerne included, will leave it all on the field. So no, I don't see a blowout here, but a hard-fought close game. No WT bandwagon here from where I sit. Just a good game between 2 teams that want a district title.

Not an unreasonable take on the game...we havent exactly been blowing people out this year with stats...

Tejastrue
11-03-2012, 08:21 PM

Wow, Regal, I thought you were our #1 bandwagon constituent. I'm so disappointed. You know all of us Wimberley folk are some of Argyle's biggest fans. :wave:

regaleagle
11-03-2012, 08:30 PM
Oh it's not that I'm pulling against WT this game...I just don't believe it will be a blowout for the Texans. I'm trying to reign you guys in a little, LOL. If the Texans start whacking their opponents every week, then I'll probably have something different to post. I'm just trying to be objective and fair to other readers out there that may also feel that Boerne has a chance in this game. Wimberley has been a school that has displayed high ethics and good sportmanship, and has a good program to envy. Those are all good qualities I wouldn't want to see go by the wayside, don't you agree?

lbjacj
11-03-2012, 08:37 PM
Who would have thought after the early losses to Giddings and Liberty Hill that the Texans would be undefeated in district and the Buffs and Panthers may not even make the playoffs?

Gone Fishing
11-03-2012, 08:49 PM
Oh it's not that I'm pulling against WT this game...I just don't believe it will be a blowout for the Texans. I'm trying to reign you guys in a little, LOL. If the Texans start whacking their opponents every week, then I'll probably have something different to post. I'm just trying to be objective and fair to other readers out there that may also feel that Boerne has a chance in this game. Wimberley has been a school that has displayed high ethics and good sportmanship, and has a good program to envy. Those are all good qualities I wouldn't want to see go by the wayside, don't you agree?

Hey regal, the Texans have started whacking opponents in this 4-0 run we have going. In 4 games we are averaging 34 and giving 10. In the last five weeks we have had all main players healthy and playing their respected positions (many both ways part of the time) where in the first five games everyone wasn't there or played some or even played different positions. WT' s are a good football team. Last year we were in the radar and that was fun, this year we are under the radar and it will be fun.

Gone Fishing
11-03-2012, 08:53 PM
Hey regal, the Texans have started whacking opponents in this 4-0 run we have going. In 4 games we are averaging 34 and giving 10. In the last five weeks we have had all main players healthy and playing their respected positions (many both ways part of the time) where in the first five games everyone wasn't there or played some or even played different positions. WT' s are a good football team. Last year we were in the radar and that was fun, this year we are under the radar and it will be fun.

Correction - averaging 37 and giving up 10

Tejastrue
11-03-2012, 08:54 PM

I've read some of your recent posts so it may be us needing to rein you in...LOL. As long as Coach Nelms, Coach Smith and company remain at Wimberley the qualities you mentioned will remain intact. That I am sure of. Surely you are not talking about our posts on here. :tisk:

regaleagle
11-03-2012, 08:56 PM
Yeah, I've been seeing your boyz are coming on real strong lately. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if they ended up making a 3 round run this season, maybe even better. Just need to see how everything shakes out bracketwise, and see who's gonna play who. Argyle has a mountain to climb this week against a very good Celina team at their house. But a loss at this juncture won't be the end of our season against a team like that. And if we happen to win, all the merrier. I guess it's kinda like that for the Texans too, huh?

Tejastrue
11-03-2012, 08:58 PM
We love you Bulldog82!!

Gone Fishing
11-03-2012, 09:00 PM
Yeah, I've been seeing your boyz are coming on real strong lately. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if they ended up making a 3 round run this season, maybe even better. Just need to see how everything shakes out bracketwise, and see who's gonna play who. Argyle has a mountain to climb this week against a very good Celina team at their house. But a loss at this juncture won't be the end of our season against a team like that. And if we happen to win, all the merrier. I guess it's kinda like that for the Texans too, huh?

No not really, I think we will kill Boerne .

rb585
11-03-2012, 09:34 PM
I'm the WT pessimist/realist in this forum, but I've learned that given a seemingly even matchup like this one, we have better coaches, particularly Dick Smith.

We haven't faced a passing team like this, but I think our line and our secondary will force turnovers that Boerne won't be able to overcome. It will be A LOT tougher than last year, though. Boerne is good.

Gone Fishing
11-03-2012, 09:39 PM
I'm the WT pessimist/realist in this forum, but I've learned that given a seemingly even matchup like this one, we have better coaches, particularly Dick Smith.

We haven't faced a passing team like this, but I think our line and our secondary will force turnovers that Boerne won't be able to overcome. It will be A LOT tougher than last year, though. Boerne is good.

Agree, I think coach Smith will have a great D game plan. I like the way the O is putting points on the board too.

catfish
11-03-2012, 09:54 PM
I've read some of your recent posts so it may be us needing to rein you in...LOL. As long as Coach Nelms, Coach Smith and company remain at Wimberley the qualities you mentioned will remain intact. That I am sure of. Surely you are not talking about our posts on here. :tisk:
This is a typical Weldon Nelms and staff team.Not great in early games,having some ups and downs on offense and defense,trying to find themselves.But, by the time district comes, they begin hitting their stride.They usually get better each week and win or lose,the last game they play is usually their best...If you look back at the 05 and 11 teams,even though they were undefeated,they were not great early,but continued to improve every game to peak in the playoffs......It is not good to be great and win a lot of game early,if your not going to improve each week.Ask Liberty Hill ,Drippin and Giddings,I am not picking on these guys,they have great programs,but I bet they would trade all the early wins for just one more in district.

lbjacj
11-03-2012, 09:58 PM
Looking at the common opponents they appear to be evenly matched .......

http://www.maxpreps.com/local/stats/pregame.aspx?contestid=25af224c-7a4a-4702-a620-92e8fab2a589&ssid=37631434-bc40-4d46-a7c5-1042c42e338c

rb585
11-03-2012, 11:19 PM
This is a typical Weldon Nelms and staff team.Not great in early games,having some ups and downs on offense and defense,trying to find themselves.But, by the time district comes, they begin hitting their stride.They usually get better each week and win or lose,the last game they play is usually their best...If you look back at the 05 and 11 teams,even though they were undefeated,they were not great early,but continued to improve every game to peak in the playoffs......It is not good to be great and win a lot of game early,if your not going to improve each week.Ask Liberty Hill ,Drippin and Giddings,I am not picking on these guys,they have great programs,but I bet they would trade all the early wins for just one more in district.

Exactly. I remember people on this board panicking in 2005 after we had a close game against Dripping.

This staff gets the kids ready for the playoffs.

ogg
11-04-2012, 10:00 PM
Boerne will pass 40+ times Friday.

regaleagle
11-04-2012, 11:14 PM
Forty-plus attempts, huh. That means opportunities for turnovers. It also means they must be pretty good at that passing game, otherwise they wouldn't go to it so much. I don't think even Aune threw that many times in a single game last year....and he was good!!! Maybe close to that against Gilmer because it was high scoring and necessary. They passed alot too. But against WT, that stat will probably be less. Y'all have a way of changing the way the flow goes for the opposing offense. And that will be Advantage Wimberley if it holds true against Boerne. The problem playing a good passing team is the risk/reward factor of big plays. And not just one big play, but several. Better hope WT has their secondary coverages all on the same page if that's the way it's gonna be. You saw what GR did to Alvarado's D with their passing game....nixed it. Good luck this Friday nite. It would be nice to see Wimberley win district again. Argyle has their own Waterloo to overcome in Celina.

Tejastrue
11-04-2012, 11:38 PM
Typical Boerne team, pass, pass, run, pass, pass. Hey Regal..you already picked Boerne to win... just thinking...did you see that Somerset/Pleasanton score?

regaleagle
11-05-2012, 12:02 AM
Yeah I did. So much for the Pleasanton qb and their passing exploits, huh. Point taken. So you think this will be a comparable situation I guess.

Tejastrue
11-05-2012, 12:17 AM
Seriously Regal ..I am concerned...but if the Canyon Lake game is any indicator then I don't believe they can keep up when we compare the two defenses. That will be the difference and why I feel as confident as I do. If we had played in week 0-4 against this same team then definitely we would have struggled. With all that is said, it's JMO and a homer one at that.

regaleagle
11-05-2012, 12:37 AM
The only reason I picked Boerne in this one was just to make a point to you Wimberley posters. I know y'all will support your troops til the cows come home, but somebody had to give Boerne a fair shake, so I elected me, LOL. Seriously, I have no real idea of the strengths or weaknesses of either team, except what I read on here. I do read the Statesman every now and then online, but not weekly. I just know that Boerne passes alot, and they could possibly cause some problems for the WT style. So I'll be the goat, or the warning flare, when this one is done. No harm, no foul. Just adding a little spice to the cake, that's all.

Gone Fishing
11-05-2012, 01:01 PM
They throw every down for the most part. If I remember right sometimes no running back in the backfield. WT's last year went to a cover two for this game and stayed in it most the game. I assume we will again. Not sure who and where though. Jones's back up at safety hurt is arm or shoulder some last week, but might be the second safety, or Back up QB Cerday played some in cover two last week. Also one of the outside LB's may just drop back there. Morris runs about a 4.5 so that might be good too. But no matter what they are going to throw and throw a lot, it will be a different test for the recent emerging "code red" D for sure.

rb585
11-05-2012, 01:14 PM
They went 5-wide empty backfield a bunch last year. Their line couldn't provide any protection, though.

Tejastrue
11-05-2012, 01:33 PM
They ran the ball 26 times against Canyon Lake and only 2 were by the QB so maybe the mentality has changed somewhat. Then again it's all about what the CL defense was trying to do.

Gone Fishing
11-05-2012, 01:47 PM
They ran the ball 26 times against Canyon Lake and only 2 were by the QB so maybe the mentality has changed somewhat. Then again it's all about what the CL defense was trying to do.

We can only hope they try to run...Lol..

ogg
11-05-2012, 02:02 PM
Forty-plus attempts, huh. That means opportunities for turnovers. It also means they must be pretty good at that passing game, otherwise they wouldn't go to it so much. I don't think even Aune threw that many times in a single game last year....and he was good!!! Maybe close to that against Gilmer because it was high scoring and necessary. They passed alot too. But against WT, that stat will probably be less. Y'all have a way of changing the way the flow goes for the opposing offense. And that will be Advantage Wimberley if it holds true against Boerne. The problem playing a good passing team is the risk/reward factor of big plays. And not just one big play, but several. Better hope WT has their secondary coverages all on the same page if that's the way it's gonna be. You saw what GR did to Alvarado's D with their passing game....nixed it. Good luck this Friday nite. It would be nice to see Wimberley win district again. Argyle has their own Waterloo to overcome in Celina.

Quinten Dormaday, soph qb seems to be fairly good so far this year, however he's not faced a D like Wimberleys. If I remember correct, they throw a s*** load of short 5 to 15 yd passes and many times their qb was pressured into running for his life. I just don't see the Wimberley D allowing them to play pitch catch like they've been doing through district.

clhsdad
11-05-2012, 02:53 PM
Boerne QB is good but young I believe the pressure Texans put on him will upset his game. The Burns kid he has as a receiver is the real deal very good stop him and pressure the QB Texan should not have a problem winning.

ogg
11-05-2012, 10:36 PM
Any of our injured player retuning this week, anyone know?

rb585
11-08-2012, 10:28 AM
So are we locked into a matchup with LaVernia in the first round? If so, any info on where?

Gone Fishing
11-08-2012, 12:34 PM
Any of our injured player retuning this week, anyone know?

Every impact player is healthy and ready I hear.

Gone Fishing
11-08-2012, 12:35 PM
So are we locked into a matchup with LaVernia in the first round? If so, any info on where?

We are locked into La Vernia for sure and the game will be played AT La Vernia.

Tejastrue
11-08-2012, 01:40 PM

So much for a neutral location. How on earth did they manage that? Coin flip?

Papá Oso
11-08-2012, 01:43 PM

Coin has already been flipped, don't think its supposed to released until after the games tomorrow night so I'll leave it at that :).

PO

Papá Oso
11-08-2012, 01:46 PM
Coin has already been flipped, don't think its supposed to released until after the games tomorrow night so I'll leave it at that :).

PO

Well never mind lol. Yes LV won a coin flip, see y'all next Friday.

PO

Tejastrue
11-08-2012, 01:58 PM
I get the coin flip, La Vernia is a great place to play, but when did we start being able to choose our home field? Maybe I'm out of touch here.

TexDad
11-08-2012, 02:12 PM
We did this a few years ago also. I am thinking that we played them at their home field one year and the next year it was no flip involved and the game was played at our stadium.

rb585
11-08-2012, 02:16 PM
we are locked into la vernia for sure and the game will be played at la vernia.

whatwhatwhat?!?!?!?

rb585
11-08-2012, 02:19 PM
We did this a few years ago also. I am thinking that we played them at their home field one year and the next year it was no flip involved and the game was played at our stadium.

We've never played a playoff game in our own stadium. I remember 5-6 years ago playing LV in the playoffs in their stadium. How can Seguin or Canyon not be agreeable to both (and available, seeing as how we're locked in two weeks ahead of time)?

(To be fair, they do have one of the best stadiums in 3A, so it's not like we lost a flip to Navarro...)

ogg
11-08-2012, 02:49 PM

PO

Coin flip and playing in La Vernia? Wounder what coach Nelms thinks of this? I think we should play on the red field.

Papá Oso
11-08-2012, 03:32 PM
Coin flip and playing in La Vernia? Wounder what coach Nelms thinks of this? I think we should play on the red field.

Both sides agree to the coin flip or its at a neutral sight is how I thought it worked. You have a 50/50 shot at a home game or you meet in the middle if one side doesn't want to take that chance.

catfish
11-08-2012, 03:42 PM
Sometimes,especially in the first round of the playoffs,due to the number of playoff games,in all classes,it is very difficult to find a field suitable to both coaches.The coaches decide to flip home and home.Obviously, Wimberley lost the flip.The up side is if they play in the playoffs next year,they will play in Wimberley.

ogg
11-08-2012, 04:21 PM
Sometimes,especially in the first round of the playoffs,due to the number of playoff games,in all classes,it is very difficult to find a field suitable to both coaches.The coaches decide to flip home and home.Obviously, Wimberley lost the flip.The up side is if they play in the playoffs next year,they will play in Wimberley.

Thanks for the info., this is new to me, I've never done it before.

TexDad
11-08-2012, 04:27 PM
We've never played a playoff game in our own stadium. I remember 5-6 years ago playing LV in the playoffs in their stadium. How can Seguin or Canyon not be agreeable to both (and available, seeing as how we're locked in two weeks ahead of time)?

RB525...better check your facts about this. Playoff games include, November 12 th 2004 Wimberley 44-LV 17 at Texan stadium. November 11 2005 Wimberley 42-LV 17 in LV...I been to almost every game Wimberley has ever played and I remember these games.

catfish
11-08-2012, 04:46 PM
Playoff sites depend on many variables, to different coaches.If you have an artificial field,you would like to play on that type.Some coaches want to stay on a Friday schedule,so they will only agree to play on Friday,which limits the number of available fields.That is probably why they did not play in Seguin or New Braunfels.

rb585
11-08-2012, 05:16 PM

RB525...better check your facts about this. Playoff games include, November 12 th 2004 Wimberley 44-LV 17 at Texan stadium. November 11 2005 Wimberley 42-LV 17 in LV...I been to almost every game Wimberley has ever played and I remember these games.

Was that really on our home field? I remember us losing to them earlier in the season at home, but I don't remember the playoff game being at home.

I do remember the 2005 game being on the road....

So have we ever played LV at a neutral site?

TexDad
11-08-2012, 10:00 PM
We played LV in 2003 in Sequin, we won something like 21-17.

rb585
11-08-2012, 10:06 PM
We played LV in 2003 in Sequin, we won something like 21-17.

I kind of remember that now -- I think it was 21-15.

But I can't for the life of me remember the 2004 game. Was that before we expanded the stadium?

Tejastrue
11-08-2012, 11:15 PM
Dang, is this all we have to talk about? LOL. Hey Mojo..don't you have any smack talk to dish out? :D

Mojo84
11-08-2012, 11:27 PM
No. Just tightening my chinstrap and looking forward to tomorrow's game.

bag-o-chips
11-09-2012, 07:15 AM
(To be fair, they do have one of the best stadiums in 3A, so it's not like we lost a flip to Navarro...)[/QUOTE]

Hey, hey hey! We will one day get our 1a facility up to speed. What is it that you don't like? The tiny stands or the crappy concessions or the port o potties???? At least we have a pressbox on our side now. Plans are under way to keep doing improvements we just were in a huge hole several years ago and Great Leadership has now turned things around!!!!

Rumpr has it turf is in the works!! SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! ;-)

ogg
11-09-2012, 08:30 AM
(To be fair, they do have one of the best stadiums in 3A, so it's not like we lost a flip to Navarro...)

Hey, hey hey! We will one day get our 1a facility up to speed. What is it that you don't like? The tiny stands or the crappy concessions or the port o potties???? At least we have a pressbox on our side now. Plans are under way to keep doing improvements we just were in a huge hole several years ago and Great Leadership has now turned things around!!!!

Rumpr has it turf is in the works!! SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! ;-)[/QUOTE]...

No my favorite is the lady in the deer blind working tickets on the visitor side. :)

Mojo84
11-09-2012, 10:59 AM

Rumpr has it turf is in the works!! SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! ;-)...

No my favorite is the lady in the deer blind working tickets on the visitor side. :)[/QUOTE]

That got a little chuckle from my family also. Well, until the wife saw the porto-potties. Then it wasn't quite so amusing.

Facilities nothwithstanding, their kids play a good game of football.

Gone Fishing
11-09-2012, 11:30 AM
Wimberley.....After the most unbelievable pep rally probably in the history of the school, the Texans will win this game with class !!!

Tejastrue
11-09-2012, 12:26 PM
Facilities nothwithstanding, their kids play a good game of football.

They do indeed Mojo.

Tejastrue
11-09-2012, 12:27 PM
Wimberley.....After the most unbelievable pep rally probably in the history of the school, the Texans will win this game with class !!!

Wow, you get to go to the pep rallies? What made this one so unique?

ogg
11-09-2012, 03:43 PM
Should be a good night for football.

Mojo84
11-09-2012, 08:18 PM
Beautiful night for football.

Mojo84
11-09-2012, 11:50 PM
Great game. Boerne went toe to toe with the defending state champs. Proud of the Greyhound. 37-34 OT Congrats to the Texans for a hard fought win.

regaleagle
11-09-2012, 11:56 PM
Congrats to the Wimberley Texans for winning another district title. I kinda figured your boyz would hafta earn this one the old fashioned way, LOL. Good job Wimberley.

Tejastrue
11-09-2012, 11:58 PM
Congrats to the Wimberley Texans for winning another district title. I kinda figured your boyz would hafta earn this one the old fashioned way, LOL. Good job Wimberley.

Hey Regal...it was their new found running game that kept them so close. As Mojo said..it was indeed a great game!!

YTBulldogs
11-10-2012, 12:13 AM
Nice win WT. Congrats on the district title as well.

rb585
11-10-2012, 12:24 AM
I noticed that none of our players even celebrated after the winning TD -- Boerne took absolutely everything we had.

Good win for us -- that has to get our attention in practice this week.

lbjacj
11-10-2012, 12:26 AM
Nice win WT. Congrats on the district title as well.

Right back at ya YT !!! Great win for the bulldogs!

lbjacj
11-10-2012, 12:28 AM
I noticed that none of our players even celebrated after the winning TD -- Boerne took absolutely everything we had.

Good win for us -- that has to get our attention in practice this week.

This was a wake up call to our pass defense! The playoff teams that throw a lot are licking their chops!

Tejastrue
11-10-2012, 08:57 PM
Great game. Boerne went toe to toe with the defending state champs. Proud of the Greyhound. 37-34 OT Congrats to the Texans for a hard fought win.

Every reason to be proud Mojo! Boerne came to play..that is for sure. Both teams had over 500 yds of offense. Crazy night. Best of luck in the playoffs!!

Tejastrue
11-10-2012, 09:01 PM
This was a wake up call to our pass defense! The playoff teams that throw a lot are licking their chops!

:1omg!:...if that didn't wake us up we are in big trouble.

Gone Fishing
11-10-2012, 09:43 PM
I really don't know about "waking us up". Boerne is a very good football team in most areas. We played a pretty damn good game and followed what I heard the game plan was and that was to mostly run right at them. The QB is very good and more than that their offensive line was very very good, (ie. good QB with not enough pressure on him equals lots of pass completions) We did play off the receivers a bit more than I like, but probably a little too much blame on the DB's. They made some good plays too. Their offensive line was big and good and kept us out most of the night. Also their longest pass came when we were running a second safety OFF the field when they snapped it. (don't know why we would be doing that so late and if so we had 3 time outs, use one! ) I don't totally understand how our pass defensive scheme works, but it seems like against a team like Boerne, it always looks like they have one more receiver than we have defenders. Maybe its just me or we rely on the OLB's so much to cover, but one thing for sure teams will be throwing against us starting next week. But once again I still say Wimberley played a damn good game against a good Boerne team and hung in there to the end. Showed a lot of Class. I think I saw that somewhere.... LOL

Gone Fishing
11-10-2012, 10:21 PM
I saw celebration. I do think they were spent. Our key players are playing both ways and it was a tough battle to the end.... Very happy senior boys after the game. (and celebrating) These seniors have won the district championship fresh, Jv and varsity all four of their years. Very proud. Hats off to Morris on the second to the last play getting down to the one some how when he was hit at the seven (also the guy tried to strip the ball out) and to Jones for calling the sneak when it showed it was there.

rb585
11-10-2012, 11:37 PM
BTW, I noticed that Seguin Stadium has Carrizo Springs vs Ingleside scheduled for Friday night. Someone want to explain how we couldn't get that?

lbjacj
11-10-2012, 11:39 PM
Check out these stats!

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=sanantonio&Season=2012&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=147823&TeamID=5226&SearchType=Teams

Mojo84
11-11-2012, 08:33 AM
Looks like two evenly matched teams with different styles went at it hard. I still have some adrenalin pumping this morning. Both teams need to guard against emotional letdown this coming week.

I have to admit, I did enjoy reading some of the posts prior to the game that indicated a lot of folks were expecting the same old Boerne team we had previously. Our new coach is doing a great job at getting the most out of our kids. He also made some very welcome changes that make our offense less predictable and one dimentional like it was last year. Considering our coach is in his first year as our head coach and our qb is a high performing sophomore and we have more excellent skill and line position players coming up, I am very optimistic about Greyhound football.

Wishing the best to all in the playoffs unless you are playing Boerne or Permian.

Tejastrue
11-11-2012, 10:58 AM
Looks like two evenly matched teams with different styles went at it hard. I still have some adrenalin pumping this morning. Both teams need to guard against emotional letdown this coming week.

I have to admit, I did enjoy reading some of the posts prior to the game that indicated a lot of folks were expecting the same old Boerne team we had previously. Our new coach is doing a great job at getting the most out of our kids. He also made some very welcome changes that make our offense less predictable and one dimentional like it was last year. Considering our coach is in his first year as our head coach and our qb is a high performing sophomore and we have more excellent skill and line position players coming up, I am very optimistic about Greyhound football.

Wishing the best to all in the playoffs unless you are playing Boerne or Permian.

It was never mentioned in the pre-season coverage that your new coach was bringing along a secret weapon...his son at QB. LOL.. Quite impressed with his play, especially only being a sophomore. Your ability to run the ball at critical times makes your passing game so much more effective. I think the fact you guys carry 52 on the roster in comparison to our 37 was a huge factor in the 4th. I hope we have a few from the JV move up for the playoffs that can contribute if only for a few plays a game. Best of luck to the Greyhounds against Somerset next week.

rb585
11-11-2012, 11:25 AM
QB was good, but the O-line was what really impressed me. We couldn't get any pressure on passing plays and couldn't get any penetration on run plays. That hasn't happened all season. And that #72 was the biggest high school center I've ever seen.

Tejastrue
11-11-2012, 11:45 AM
http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/sports/x691737269/HS-Football-Texans-win-another-district-title

regaleagle
11-11-2012, 02:12 PM
Boerne ended up being probably the toughest team matchupwise Wimberley has faced all season, wouldn't you Texan fans agree? I was not kidding when I said this game would be tough for Wimberley to handle. I knew about this qb and his ability to lead this offense. They are never that far out from scoring, and mixing a good run game in with a passing qb is always gonna be trouble for the opposing defense. Wimberley did well to win this one. Boerne is what I would define as a "very dangerous team" that will only get better.

ogg
11-11-2012, 02:53 PM
I don’t think there’s a team in region 4 that throws as much and as good as Boerne, also effective o-line pass blocking, they’re hard to stop and wears a D down by 4th quarter. When many of our players are going both ways, like someone mentioned above, it’s certainly up hill. I’ve never seen a team like Wimberley fight through so many close and nail biting games (battles), , , , , and win. You can never really leave the games early LOL. For the first time this year we had no turnovers. Yeah!! Hope that trend continues.
I was looking at the bracket (R-4) and have written down the killer’s row for Wimberley. I think our boys are good enough and can match up well.

http://www.texasfootball.com/assets/2012-Playoffs/3A-DII.pdf

ogg
11-11-2012, 03:00 PM
Boerne ended up being probably the toughest team matchupwise Wimberley has faced all season, wouldn't you Texan fans agree? I was not kidding when I said this game would be tough for Wimberley to handle. I knew about this qb and his ability to lead this offense. They are never that far out from scoring, and mixing a good run game in with a passing qb is always gonna be trouble for the opposing defense. Wimberley did well to win this one. Boerne is what I would define as a "very dangerous team" that will only get better.

Their run game wasn't that good, and their D is anemic. Any team that has a clock eating power running game like a slot-T will beat them like a dirty blanket.

regaleagle
11-11-2012, 03:37 PM
They must have done something right to rack up that many yards against WT. I read the stats, and WT is no slouch. Are you suggesting WT is just not very good, or what? According to the stats, and what I read about the game, either team could have been the winner in this one.

Tejastrue
11-11-2012, 04:25 PM
If you look closer Regal they had the one long run. To me it was just the timing of the calls when they actually did run it. They did not have this last year. Hey... a lot of people are suggesting we are not very good..I don't think you'll hear anyone from Wimberley saying that. Let's just say we are good, still fighting to get better.

bag-o-chips
11-11-2012, 05:15 PM
Navarro took out Boerne 28-14 with the slot t eating the clock. I thought Wimberley had all they wanted with Navarro. I think we held Wimberley to just under 200 yards and we won everywhere but where it counted the most!

Good Luck Boerne and Wimberley and let's sweep this week!!!

Tejastrue
11-11-2012, 07:18 PM
Navarro took out Boerne 28-14 with the slot t eating the clock. I thought Wimberley had all they wanted with Navarro. I think we held Wimberley to just under 200 yards and we won everywhere but where it counted the most!

Good Luck Boerne and Wimberley and let's sweep this week!!!

Hey Bags, the Canyon Lake coach called you guys the better team.

http://hilltopnewspaper.com/2012/11/hawks-end-season-in-loss-to-navarro-49-14/#more-4322

Gone Fishing
11-11-2012, 07:25 PM
Yes of their 175 yds rushing 80 came on one play. The stats in three different papers were not correct or the same in different categories as well. Last three weeks the same thing. I wonder if stats are that messed up all over with all teams. I still say the biggest thing they Boerne had Friday was our lack of pressure on the QB or their O line play was very good or some of both.

I say good luck to our friends in Navarro and Boerne, hoping everyone wins and D-27 can start getting a little more respect on the caliber of football we all play.