PDA

View Full Version : Carthage and Stephenville NEED each other to win

ctown81
11-03-2012, 11:27 AM
I know I'm about to be called crazy for what I'm about to say but I can live with that.

With Navasota going D2, if Carthage beats anyone not named Stephenville for state Navasota will be considered the best in 3A and if Sville beats anyone other than Carthage Navasota will still be considered the best in 3A and the D1 champ will be labeled with a cushy playoff road.

i will go one step further and say that if Carthage nor Stephenville makes it to the title game, not many people outside of the towns that playing will care about the game. Don't believe me. Remember Carthage/Brownwood in 2010? Some forget a state title game was played that week.

No this is not arrogance, even before the Taylor game the only matchup people cared about was Stephenville/navasota, stephenville/carthage.

I am NOT saying both will go to state b/c anything can happen and there are a lot of good teams but I would say this....

If you were in charge of fox sports OR you received a percentage of the ticket sales, which teams would you prefer to play in the title game?

Yeah I know, I'm crazy but I believe this.

toddg
11-03-2012, 12:49 PM
I know I'm about to be called crazy for what I'm about to say but I can live with that.

With Navasota going D2, if Carthage beats anyone not named Stephenville for state Navasota will be considered the best in 3A and if Sville beats anyone other than Carthage Navasota will still be considered the best in 3A and the D1 champ will be labeled with a cushy playoff road.

i will go one step further and say that if Carthage nor Stephenville makes it to the title game, not many people outside of the towns that playing will care about the game. Don't believe me. Remember Carthage/Brownwood in 2010? Some forget a state title game was played that week.

No this is not arrogance, even before the Taylor game the only matchup people cared about was Stephenville/navasota, stephenville/carthage.

I am NOT saying both will go to state b/c anything can happen and there are a lot of good teams but I would say this....

If you were in charge of fox sports OR you received a percentage of the ticket sales, which teams would you prefer to play in the title game?

Yeah I know, I'm crazy but I believe this.

and here i was, thinking you were crazy for living in the mid-cities...http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/10404/cuckooclock.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

Txbroadcaster
11-03-2012, 01:28 PM
I dont remember anyone forgetting the state title game the week after because a very good Coldspring was waiting

ctown81
11-03-2012, 01:37 PM
I dont remember anyone forgetting the state title game the week after because a very good Coldspring was waiting

You misread my post. I said the state game that week (CH/Henderson). I think you and Grant may have talked about that title game a whole 5 min and spent the rest of the time on Carthage/Brownwood which makes sense

As for the D2 title game that season, I think more fans wanted to see Wimberly/Brownwood.

Txbroadcaster
11-03-2012, 01:43 PM
You misread my post. I said the state game that week (CH/Henderson). I think you and Grant may have talked about that title game a whole 5 min and spent the rest of the time on Carthage/Brownwood which makes sense

As for the D2 title game that season, I think more fans wanted to see Wimberly/Brownwood.

ahhh yea I see what ya mean...that is the main reason I am for the new proposal..3A DI should be able to enjoy what everyone else does

ctown81
11-03-2012, 02:03 PM
ahhh yea I see what ya mean...that is the main reason I am for the new proposal..3A DI should be able to enjoy what everyone else does

I wasn't a fan of even the 3 team format until last night. Now I like the idea of a fourth. The only score I cared about was Taylor/Madisonville, so I can just imagine how a fourth team getting in can shake up the divisions.