PDA

View Full Version : Sealy vs Bellville

sTxforlife
11-03-2012, 10:06 AM
Let's get it started. One of the biggest rivalries in the state and this one is the most meaningful in years. Both teams are pretty good and have had up and down seasons. Should be a great game and I see Sealy winning, the game is at home and it's the last home game these seniors will ever play at Tiger Stadium. I'll take Sealy in a close one, hopefully by the more than 2 points we need to beat Bellville by to make the playoffs. Go Tigers!!

whitelightning5
11-03-2012, 10:34 AM
I know you don't like us, but you could at least spell our name right....lol. Bellvilee...pshhh. What is the word on RSJ? One of the posters commented on how the ankle was giving him problems in last night's game. I hope we have a classic matchup, but I hope that this year the refs don't influence the result of the game. Last year on the game winning drive (before RSJ threw up that duck of a ball that landed in the hands of the Sealy WR) on 4th and 3 Sealy ran a sweep around the left end and there was a missed holding call on the WR allowing them to pick up 5 yards and keep the drive going. It was so bad and obvious that my 8 year old nephew asked me....Why didn't he let Bellville get away from him? This was one of the many horrible calls. In fact, I remember Coach Rowe in the officials year all game long from the crap calls. The only other time that I've seen worse officiating is when Bellville played Marlin in the playoffs at Kyle Field. Anyway, that was the biggest call of the game in that Bellville would have stopped them on downs and been able to potentially run off the clock (there were over 2 minutes left). I can take a loss, but let the players decide the outcome. Here is to a good clean football game...

gambler1606
11-03-2012, 11:36 AM
When both of these teams are good, this is an atmosphere that can rival some College Games. I think it's to close to call. Both teams have great athletes, both teams have good Coaching staffs that know what this game means to each program and the 2 towns in Austin County. I think it comes down to the team that makes fewer mistakes! Here are my reasons!
1. Playing at Tiger Stadium.
2. Our Defensive Co. is very good at stopping the (Mid-line Veer and the Slot T)
3. Better Passing Game!

Best of luck to both teams!! I think it would be great for Austin County to have 2 very good football teams in the Playoffs.

Sealy by 7

Scoop27
11-03-2012, 12:07 PM
I think this is the biggest rivalry in Region IV
Even beats Wharton and El Campo which are county rivalries as well as El Campo and Bay City

Pudlugger
11-03-2012, 12:52 PM
I'll take Bellville by 14. Bellville has been playing great football since pre-district play. They have their game honed to a fine point and with so much on the line and traditional rivalries they will be ready for Sealy. Sealy has had so much adversity with the loss of RSJ the resulting adjustments and distractions ,the shocking loss to Wharton and the thumping by EC. Even with RSJ back assuming his ankle is 100% which it probably is not, the Sealy offense will be hard pressed to control the tempo of the game against Bellville's stout defense. I don't think they will put together a good enough game to beat an inspired Bellville team this year.

Scoop27
11-03-2012, 04:08 PM
Saw Bellville against Wharton and they shut the Tigers down-Brahmas have come a long way after the loss to EC

Manso/V8
11-03-2012, 10:21 PM
What is the status on RSG?

Luv My Tigers
11-04-2012, 03:58 AM
Does anyone know if we gotten these same refs again, and if so, have they been compensated?

957tiger
11-04-2012, 07:59 AM
Hers's a look at the upcoming game. The Brahmas have always had a good team. Even with a change of staff they've been able to keep in the hunt for a post season game. That shouldn't surprise anyone. Their offensive sets that many here are confidant the Tigers won't be able to defense is good. No doubt about that. In years past the battles between these two teams have been amazing to say the least. With Sealy you have a team that may not be as strong as in recent years. Sealy has been able to finish at the top of the district since Coach Mitchell took over the reins from Coach Faldyn. Coach Faldyn was an excellent coach who fell victim to a decline in player interest, talent and politics. Coach Mills was fortunate that he had seven years where the talent level was over the top. Any coach would have loved to have what at the time was a talent pool that never ended. This year the Tigers have been plagued by injuries and inconsistent results. What the staff has been able to do is take young players, place them into a varsity position and allow them to acheive or over-acheive if you will. Does Sealy have a massive front line on either side of the ball, no they don't. But have they been able to mostly compete waiting for the big play, yes they have just like any other team does. Did we lose two quarterbacks within the first two games of the season, yes we did. Did a JV quarterback step up and show he was able to compete at the varsity level, yes he did. He is the future of the team and it does look bright. Two players who have been on everyones radar since jr high face their final year and inuries change the momentum of their high school and college careers. Both of these young men have faced their share of critics from within as well from others. They both have sustained injuries and continue to play a game they love.

Through it all the team continues to try to win games. Every player on this team walks through the halls and knows how many championships filled the trophy case. They may not be as flashy, or arogant as other teams they've seen this year, but they don't want to be the team that loses to Bellville on the last game of the season, no more than Bellville wants to lose to Sealy. Thats whats makes this riverly so intense. This years team may not be the best, lost three games, saw key players on the sidelines, had fans question the coaches, had kids leave the team, but you will not see the Tigers at anything less than 100% comitted this Friday night.

As for the officials please, give me a break. Every play, I mean every play has holding. Do the officials pick when they throw a flag. You know the answer. How about sideline violations. How about coaches that stand at the numbers and scream at the officials. How about late hits and excessive trash talking. Pay attention to this game and tell me how much actual playing would get done if the officials really enforced the rules fairly. That's the situation. You can't have a game without officials. Don't think for a minute they don't know and enjoy that power. Some teams do get away with more. When you have one team at 10 penalties and another with 2 or 3 it's obvious the rules are not being fairly enforced. Like I said every play has multiple penalties that don't get called. As fans all we can do is support the team and hope the outcome is decided by the players, not an official(s) who determine the outcome.

Red Bull
11-05-2012, 01:51 PM
This game should be a good one. Bellville playing very good right now and Sealy has to win to get in the playoffs. I say Bellville by a TD.

stxtiger
11-05-2012, 01:57 PM
Going to be a great game. Both sides will play tough and it will be hard fought game. I believe Sealy wins this as they have to much to loose, not to come out on top. 28-14 Tigers.

OLE'BULL
11-05-2012, 02:12 PM
Going to be a great game. Both sides will play tough and it will be hard fought game. I believe Sealy wins this as they have to much to loose, not to come out on top. 28-14 Tigers.

This is what I am afraid of. Sealy has their back against the wall and the Bulls are in the playoffs regardless of this games outcome. I always go back and forth on whether a team in Bellville's situation should go all out. Yes, I know, you are supposed to give it your all every game, etc., etc. I hope Coach Rowe plays to win this game, because as a Brahma fan, the only thing as sweet as making the playoffs, is watching Sealy sit at home come the post-season. Hoping for a good game and both teams at full strength (yes, we have some injuries too kitty cats). Brahmas by 10!

Football fan
11-05-2012, 02:15 PM
I think this is the biggest rivalry in Region IV
Even beats Wharton and El Campo which are county rivalries as well as El Campo and Bay City

Wharton-El Campo is not a rivalry. It's too one sided.

El Campo-Bay City can't be beat when both teams are good. But BC has been down for several years now.

gambler1606
11-05-2012, 08:02 PM
What is the status on RSG?

Do you mean RSJ? He is playing!

Spanish Camp
11-05-2012, 08:44 PM
Wharton-El Campo is not a rivalry. It's too one sided.

El Campo-Bay City can't be beat when both teams are good. But BC has been down for several years now.

Well said. Wharton sees the El Campo game as a rivalry. El Campo could care less about the Wharton game. That's why it's always hard to get the players up for Wharton. A win is assumed. This year was as close as it has been in years and while the score was close, the stats indicated a much less competitive game.

I have heard from coaches across the state that no rivalry compares to El Campo-Bay City. Too bad Bay Coty is lost a sea right now.

zebrablue2
11-05-2012, 10:56 PM
The bulls pull this one out by 1 score.

ogg
11-05-2012, 11:01 PM
Do you mean RSJ? He is playing!

And that's way I picked Sealy to win.

Bull's-eye
11-06-2012, 06:31 PM
Word out of Sealy, the Tigers must defeat Bellville by 9 or more points to even make the playoffs. The district must be using point differential to break a 3 way tie & then revert back to head-to-head to decide the other playoff team.

Bellville is currently a +17 with their max win over Wharton. Sealy stands at -1 with their 1 point loss to Wharton. A 9 point or more win over Bellville would give Sealy the point differntial over the 3 tied teams. Bellville would get the last spot due to their win over Wharton. If Sealy fails to win by 9, Bellville would win the point differntial tie breaker & Wharton would get the last playoff spot due to their win over Sealy. A Sealy loss would leave them home & let Wharton become the 3rd playoff team.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-06-2012, 07:55 PM
Word out of Sealy, the Tigers must defeat Bellville by 9 or more points to even make the playoffs. The district must be using point differential to break a 3 way tie & then revert back to head-to-head to decide the other playoff team.

Bellville is currently a +17 with their max win over Wharton. Sealy stands at -1 with their 1 point loss to Wharton. A 9 point or more win over Bellville would give Sealy the point differntial over the 3 tied teams. Bellville would get the last spot due to their win over Wharton. If Sealy fails to win by 9, Bellville would win the point differntial tie breaker & Wharton would get the last playoff spot due to their win over Sealy. A Sealy loss would leave them home & let Wharton become the 3rd playoff team.

Heard the some thing bullseye. sealy would have to beat the Brahmas by 9 to just get in.

957tiger
11-08-2012, 09:28 AM
Nothing like the final game of the regular season. Here's a thought. Wharton has a bye and
needs Bellville to win to secure a spot next week. Bellville is already in regardless of Fridays outcome. Sealy needs to win by more than nine points to get in the playoffs. If you're Bellville do you still look at this game as a must win? Taking into consideration this is a major riverly between two teams seperated by a creek. It's also the 70th meeting between these two schools dating back to 1931. Lots of talk between the two communities. You're playing on the road at a stadium that you feel hasn't always been kind to you. Do you risk a freak injury to a starter. Do you back off if you're ahead by 10+ points. How many programs do hold their starters out to let them heal or just rest. The playoffs are what teams talk about during the off-season. I think you go all out untill you either have that insurmontable lead or all you see are zero's on the scoreboard clock and you've won the game. I think coaching decisions will play a major role in deciding the game. For the seniors they know it could possibly be their last game. Does that fact make you play harder. This game should have been the game of the week. I think both teams will be playing for pride and in the process someone goes to the playoffs, another team sits at home.

teetle
11-08-2012, 09:46 AM
Jimmie gonnas pulls something out s of hises hat fors thises game. Ihopes thats hes doesnts pulls its out of his beehine. I hopes thats Jimmie gots something for the steerses. otherwise wes bes at home for the playoffs. Jimmie knows whats he be doing. Everything gonnas bes alls rights.:bigcry::crazy1::D

The Bull #40
11-08-2012, 10:24 AM
I think Coach Rowe needs to play this game like it's a playoff game and get one more "polish up" game in before playoffs start and RSJ will be a good example of what kind of athletes the Brahmas will be seeing in the playoffs. This is a huge rivalry game and I would be very disappointed if the starters didn't play most of the game. That being said, IF the Bellville starters play the whole game I think Bellville wins 35-21, if they don't then it could be a one TD game. Hoping for no injuries but plenty of trash talk and hard nosed football, what this rivalry was built on.

"Clear eyes. Full hearts. Can't lose."

Red Bull
11-08-2012, 12:06 PM
I feel Bellville needs to play to win the game. This is a bitter rivalry and has been throughout the years. As a fan you have to deal with outcome for a whole year. As a player you have to deal with outcome the rest of your life. You play to win the game! Period! The playoffs start next week and you worry about the playoffs then.

stxtiger
11-08-2012, 12:07 PM
I think Coach Rowe needs to play this game like it's a playoff game and get one more "polish up" game in before playoffs start and RSJ will be a good example of what kind of athletes the Brahmas will be seeing in the playoffs. This is a huge rivalry game and I would be very disappointed if the starters didn't play most of the game. That being said, IF the Bellville starters play the whole game I think Bellville wins 35-21, if they don't then it could be a one TD game. Hoping for no injuries but plenty of trash talk and hard nosed football, what this rivalry was built on.

LOL...I don't see Bellville's defense holding the Tigers to 21 points and I don't see Bellville's offense scoring 35. Sealy will win this game because they have too. Their back is against the wall and their season is on the line. The group of seniors is to good of a group not to come out and do what is needed to get this win. I am changing my prediction from a close game to Sealy 42 the Steers 10.

sTxforlife
11-08-2012, 01:58 PM
I see Sealy pulling this one out by 2 tds, it's the seniors last time they will ever step onto Tiger Stadium underneath those lights, anyone who has ever worn that Sealy across their chest knows what that means and the fact that it's Bellville, the last game of the season, and for a playoff spot makes it even more important. The Tigers get it done 42-21.

whitelightning5
11-08-2012, 02:26 PM
LOL...I don't see Bellville's defense holding the Tigers to 21 points and I don't see Bellville's offense scoring 35. Sealy will win this game because they have too. Their back is against the wall and their season is on the line. The group of seniors is to good of a group not to come out and do what is needed to get this win. I am changing my prediction from a close game to Sealy 42 the Steers 10.

I know this year is completely different, but did you see Bellville hold Sealy to 18 last year? Don't say that it can't be done. Anything is possible in rivalry games and that's what makes them special. Let's hope for a good, clean, injury free game. I want to be close to full strength going into the playoffs, but would love to see them keep Sealy out. It would be bad to have to play them again down the road, since we will both be in the DII bracket. Steers.....seriously? Get better material.

whitelightning5
11-08-2012, 02:30 PM
I see Sealy pulling this one out by 2 tds, it's the seniors last time they will ever step onto Tiger Stadium underneath those lights, anyone who has ever worn that Sealy across their chest knows what that means and the fact that it's Bellville, the last game of the season, and for a playoff spot makes it even more important. The Tigers get it done 42-21.

You see Sealy winning by 2 TDs, but predict that they win by 21. Something is not adding up here. Unless the TDs at Tiger Stadium are worth more than any other place in the country. Education must not be a point of emphasis on the other side.

stxtiger
11-08-2012, 02:56 PM
I know this year is completely different, but did you see Bellville hold Sealy to 18 last year? Don't say that it can't be done. Anything is possible in rivalry games and that's what makes them special. Let's hope for a good, clean, injury free game. I want to be close to full strength going into the playoffs, but would love to see them keep Sealy out. It would be bad to have to play them again down the road, since we will both be in the DII bracket. Steers.....seriously? Get better material.

Last year you had one of the best d-lines in the state. This year not even close to being the best in the district. Get your panties out of a wad. This is a rivalry and supposed to be fun. This thing has lost a lot of the fun it had when I was playing. The game is still a rivalry but that is it. I remember when pranks were played and if you played for Sealy you weren't allowed in Bellville and vis versa.

OLE'BULL
11-08-2012, 03:55 PM
Last year you had one of the best d-lines in the state. This year not even close to being the best in the district. Get your panties out of a wad. This is a rivalry and supposed to be fun. This thing has lost a lot of the fun it had when I was playing. The game is still a rivalry but that is it. I remember when pranks were played and if you played for Sealy you weren't allowed in Bellville and vis versa.

I dont think this match up has lost any of its luster AT ALL. Where you at the game last year? Pretty intense. This year will be even more hostile if I had to guess. Not sure when you played, but I would imagine you are being biased and assuming that everyone cared more about the game when you were around. Hate to burst your bubble but this game always has, and always will be one of the most heated rivalries in the state. As far as pranks go, I dont think that matters one bit (or shouldnt) to the players, coaches, fans, etc. There is no room for silly kid pranks IMO. If my memory serves me right, I think it was a few of the Sealy players and/or students that came to Bellville and VANDALIZED our facilities. That is not a prank, that is criminal. Not being allowed in Bellville/Sealy if you were a player isnt true either. Dont make it in to something its not. For the most part, it is a good, clean, rivalry. There will always be a few bad apples though...

speedbump
11-08-2012, 05:05 PM
I watched both these teams against EC and I'd have to call it a toss up. Bellville has the better run D and Sealy probably the better pass D. We were 4 of 5 against Sealy and 5 of 6 against the Brahmas but that's to small a sample size to be sure. Should be a heck of a game. Because of the intangibles I think I'll take Bellville by four.

I agree with whoever said this should have been GOTW. Great rivalry, last game of the season and a playoff spot at stake for one of the teams. LG vs Cuero doesn't come anywhere near that.

sTxforlife
11-08-2012, 06:13 PM
You see Sealy winning by 2 TDs, but predict that they win by 21. Something is not adding up here. Unless the TDs at Tiger Stadium are worth more than any other place in the country. Education must not be a point of emphasis on the other side.
Haha my bad, I didn't catch that til you said something. Yeah that's that high quality Sealy High School education for ya!

Scoop27
11-08-2012, 07:49 PM
What approximate crowd are they expecting at this game?
Over 5,000?

Pudlugger
11-08-2012, 08:19 PM
Good luck tomorrow night Brahmas. This will be a test of your strength going into the playoffs. Beat sealy and folks will know you are ready for the big games.

bird_fan
11-08-2012, 08:40 PM
is ther radio or internet broadcast of this game??

speedbump
11-08-2012, 09:45 PM
is ther radio or internet broadcast of this game??

http://www.audiosportsonline.net/2012Fall/Bellville.htm

http://kmacsports.ezstream.com/play/index.cfm?fuseaction=embstay&id=322443BE5A

OLE'BULL
11-08-2012, 10:53 PM
What approximate crowd are they expecting at this game?
Over 5,000?

At least

957tiger
11-08-2012, 11:31 PM
(is there radio or internet broadcast of this game??[/QUOTE]

www.sealysports.com Pre-game starts at 6:45 with Coaches Corner. You can listen in on your smart phone. Instructions are on their homepage.

Manso/V8
11-08-2012, 11:59 PM
Bulls on parade! Our defense is much better since pre-district and the El Campo game. Our offense is clicking like a machine. I hear the team is healthy.

No way is Rowe going to hold any healthy starters out or back. You couldn't keep either team from playing their hearts out in this game if you tried. Like I said before the season, D25 and especially this game, IS the playoffs for us. Besides that, the winner of this game will likely face Yoakum, Giddings, or Cuero instead of La Grange in the first round of that other, somewhat less important thing for now, that they call the UIL playoffs.

The rivalry runs generations deep and lots of these kid's dads, granddads, uncles, and cousins have played in and experienced this rivalry. This game is one of the many things that make living in Austin County great.

Two towns, two teams, separated by a creek. That is the essence of small town Texas high school football. I can't wait to see traffic congestion, wait in the long line to get in, grab a grilled burger, squeeze in tight on the less than comfortable visitor's side (not enough leg room, even for the ladies......thanks Tigers), feel the electricity in the air, and watch a Friday night classic.

I'm glad to hear the Tigers are healthy, looking forward to seeing those kids play again.

Best of luck to both teams.
Here's to a hard fought, clean, and injury free contest!

Brahmas by 7.

JUST A FAN
11-09-2012, 09:45 AM
The game I have been waiting to see is upon us and my team has a bye so I am traveling to Sealy this morning from Austin area, I hope to get there around noon, any suggestions on where to eat or what to do until game time?

I plan on being at the stadium early so I can take in the whole experience.

stxtiger
11-09-2012, 10:23 AM
The game I have been waiting to see is upon us and my team has a bye so I am traveling to Sealy this morning from Austin area, I hope to get there around noon, any suggestions on where to eat or what to do until game time?

You could go to Othies or Avery's Grill. Both places are top notch and have the distinct small town bar/restaurant feel. Other then that not much to do in Sealy.

scrub c
11-09-2012, 11:02 AM
The rivalry runs generations deep and lots of these kid's dads, granddads, uncles, and cousins have played in and experienced this rivalry. This game is one of the many things that make living in Austin County great.

So what is the breakdown, how many games played and what is the series record?

whitelightning5
11-09-2012, 11:11 AM

I don't wear panties on Fridays. They were decent, but not quite the dominant force that you give them credit for. If that were that great, at least one of those players would have gone on to play college ball or received All State honors. I don't believe that happened.

Analysis: The obvious....you stop the run and you stop the Brahmas. We just arent a throwing team. Sealy is much more balanced on offense. The intrigue being the 2 big WRs vs. our undersized corners. That is going to be the biggest disadvantage.

As much as it hurts me to say this.....I think Sealy wins. It's tough to beat the Tigers at home...especially when they pay off the officials....hahaha.

trg
11-09-2012, 11:34 AM
There were three players from last year's team that received all state honors....two on the offensive side and one on defensive.

Manso/V8
11-09-2012, 12:03 PM
In a Bellville Times article this week, Coach Rowe said that keeping the team focused on the Sealy game instead of the playoffs wasn't an issue, keeping their emotions/excitement in check was a bigger task. He also said he expects to see RSJ at QB.

sTxforlife
11-09-2012, 12:04 PM

Tony's or Hinze's BBQ best places to eat in town by far!

whitelightning5
11-09-2012, 12:05 PM
There were three players from last year's team that received all state honors....two on the offensive side and one on defensive.

Who were they? I can't seem to find any all-state players from Bellville on the 2011 3A AP All-State list. Were they maybe all-district?

http://www.texasfootball.com/index.php/highschool-all-news/view/179712

sTxforlife
11-09-2012, 12:06 PM
In a Bellville Times article this week, Coach Rowe said that keeping the team focused on the Sealy game instead of the playoffs wasn't an issue, keeping their emotions/excitement in check was a bigger task. He also said he expects to see RSJ at QB.
RSJ will not play QB, I expect him to be at WR pretty much the whole game, our offense is MUCH more dominant that was because then we actually have a passing game.

Manso/V8
11-09-2012, 12:07 PM

Shamycheal Chatman, who played DE/LB last season is playing for Baylor.

whitelightning5
11-09-2012, 12:07 PM
Tony's or Hinze's BBQ best places to eat in town by far!

My vote would be Hinze's BBQ. Better be at the stadium early to get a seat. They aren't very equipped on the visitor's side. We got there 45 minutes before kickoff last year and had to stand.

Manso/V8
11-09-2012, 12:08 PM
RSJ will not play QB, I expect him to be at WR pretty much the whole game, our offense is MUCH more dominant that was because then we actually have a passing game.

Have you been able to keep the 'roid rage in check this week?

Roughneck93
11-09-2012, 12:09 PM
I'll take Bellville by 6.

whitelightning5
11-09-2012, 12:19 PM
Not to stir the pot.....I have seen posters making comments that RSJ does not live within the SISD boundaries. Is there any truth to that?

whitelightning5
11-09-2012, 12:22 PM
Shamycheal Chatman, who played DE/LB last season is playing for Baylor.

Unless I misread (which is possible)...I think the poster was commenting on how dominant the Bellville defensive line was last year, in regards to Sealy only scoring 18 points. Chatman was a good player, but played for Sealy.

sTxforlife
11-09-2012, 12:29 PM
Not to stir the pot.....I have seen posters making comments that RSJ does not live within the SISD boundaries. Is there any truth to that?
No truth to that whatsoever RSJ has always lived within the SISD boundaries, he lives less than a mile outside of town and SISD boundaries go way further than that.

sTxforlife
11-09-2012, 12:29 PM
Have you been able to keep the 'roid rage in check this week?
Never done steroids, so I don't know what kind of "roid rage" you're referring to.

MJMbrahmas10
11-09-2012, 12:34 PM
Think this game will be very close. I think the bulls will keep the tigers out of the playoffs this year. I do not see a victory of 9 points happening for the tigers.

whitelightning5
11-09-2012, 12:44 PM
Think this game will be very close. I think the bulls will keep the tigers out of the playoffs this year. I do not see a victory of 9 points happening for the tigers.

I hope Bellville wins to bring back the bragging rights. That said, holding them to less than a 9 point win would be a small consolation if Bellville does lose.

Manso/V8
11-09-2012, 01:26 PM
Never done steroids, so I don't know what kind of "roid rage" you're referring to.

Just kidding, after all the comments about you berating Mitchell at the games, I get the impression you get pretty worked up about things.

whitelightning5
11-09-2012, 01:26 PM
No truth to that whatsoever RSJ has always lived within the SISD boundaries, he lives less than a mile outside of town and SISD boundaries go way further than that.

Manso - I believe that you made the comment in the RSJ thread. You stated, "Of course he lives up here but I'm sure that has nothing to do with it."

Where is "up here" and where does "up here" fall in the districting?

Manso/V8
11-09-2012, 01:34 PM
Unless I misread (which is possible)...I think the poster was commenting on how dominant the Bellville defensive line was last year, in regards to Sealy only scoring 18 points. Chatman was a good player, but played for Sealy.

OK, maybe so. I thought that Tyler Herzog and Alec Gilliam on the OL, and Dalton Flanigan at LB, were on one of the all-state team lists, maybe an honorable mention?
Herzog and Gilliam both signed with TLU. Gilliam tore an ACL in first practice for one of the all-star games (I think the one played in the Alamo Dome) so he hasn't suited up for TLU this year.
Herzog played for TLU this year.

Manso/V8
11-09-2012, 01:56 PM
Manso - I believe that you made the comment in the RSJ thread. You stated, "Of course he lives up here but I'm sure that has nothing to do with it."

Where is "up here" and where does "up here" fall in the districting?

I don't think anyone really knows exactly where the boundries are, they are kind of gerrymandered. The line gets really crooked around Cat Spring and New Ulm, and it runs right down the middle of a street up north of Kenney. A lot of the kids that go to West End Elementary technically live in Columbus ISD. One of the Bellville kids told me RSJ lives pretty close to Coshatte Rd, but that could be one of his parents or other relative that he stays with. It doesn't matter. At least when he was starting school, you could attend either one with permission from the superintendent, a little paperwork, and maybe a small fee. I think that still happens if the circumstances support it. A lot of kids from outside the district boundries came to Bellville for one reason or another. It is also pretty common for a kid to attend a school outside their district if their parent works there. I knew a kid who lived in Bellville and went to Brazos (Wallis) because his mom was a teacher there. I think RSJ's mom works for Sealy ISD, but I'm not sure. The kid is a Tiger, let him be a Tiger. Besides, we don't need him.

whitelightning5
11-09-2012, 02:03 PM
OK, maybe so. I thought that Tyler Herzog and Alec Gilliam on the OL, and Dalton Flanigan at LB, were on one of the all-state team lists, maybe an honorable mention?
Herzog and Gilliam both signed with TLU. Gilliam tore an ACL in first practice for one of the all-star games (I think the one played in the Alamo Dome) so he hasn't suited up for TLU this year.
Herzog played for TLU this year.

Yeah...that link showed Honorable Mentions, but didnt list their names. That's awesome though. I didnt know that anyone got recruited. Good to know that talent didnt go unnoticed. TLU is a DIII school, but at least they get to continue playing, which is something that most can't say.

whitelightning5
11-09-2012, 02:10 PM
I don't think anyone really knows exactly where the boundries are, they are kind of gerrymandered. The line gets really crooked around Cat Spring and New Ulm, and it runs right down the middle of a street up north of Kenney. A lot of the kids that go to West End Elementary technically live in Columbus ISD. One of the Bellville kids told me RSJ lives pretty close to Coshatte Rd, but that could be one of his parents or other relative that he stays with. It doesn't matter. At least when he was starting school, you could attend either one with permission from the superintendent, a little paperwork, and maybe a small fee. I think that still happens if the circumstances support it. A lot of kids from outside the district boundries came to Bellville for one reason or another. It is also pretty common for a kid to attend a school outside their district if their parent works there. I knew a kid who lived in Bellville and went to Brazos (Wallis) because his mom was a teacher there. I think RSJ's mom works for Sealy ISD, but I'm not sure. The kid is a Tiger, let him be a Tiger. Besides, we don't need him.

Well said and thanks for clearing that up. He is a Tiger, but you have to admit....I would rather him be on my team than the opposing team. Kids a nightmare to defend. I remember him lining up at QB, Saftey and DE last year. Its obvious that his ability is far more superior than anyone else on the field....at any position. Its a good thing that its a team sport and he has to rely on the other 10. Its a shame that he dislocated his knee cap trying to show off. That was a pretty good game until that happened. Agree or disagree....if he would have just made a simple tackle instead of trying to suplex the ball carrier on National TV and he probably wouldnt have had that injury.

stxtiger
11-09-2012, 02:27 PM
Well said and thanks for clearing that up. He is a Tiger, but you have to admit....I would rather him be on my team than the opposing team. Kids a nightmare to defend. I remember him lining up at QB, Saftey and DE last year. Its obvious that his ability is far more superior than anyone else on the field....at any position. Its a good thing that its a team sport and he has to rely on the other 10. Its a shame that he dislocated his knee cap trying to show off. That was a pretty good game until that happened. Agree or disagree....if he would have just made a simple tackle instead of trying to suplex the ball carrier on National TV and he probably wouldnt have had that injury.

There was no attempt to show off. He went to strip the ball and when he couldn't he tried to bring the runner down. It just happens that it came down wrong and looked worse then what he attempted. As far as where RS-J lives, it is a good 5 miles from coushatta towards Sealy which is clearly inside SISD limits. So ready for this game and the atmosphere. This is what makes Austin County and Texas as a whole special. That feeling of electricity in the air on a Friday night and especially one this big is addicting.

whitelightning5
11-09-2012, 02:48 PM
There was no attempt to show off. He went to strip the ball and when he couldn't he tried to bring the runner down. It just happens that it came down wrong and looked worse then what he attempted. As far as where RS-J lives, it is a good 5 miles from coushatta towards Sealy which is clearly inside SISD limits. So ready for this game and the atmosphere. This is what makes Austin County and Texas as a whole special. That feeling of electricity in the air on a Friday night and especially one this big is addicting.

We are going to have to agree to disagree. I agree with attempting to strip the ball, but what happened after the attempt is where we disagree. Picking the ball carrier up in an attempt to slam him down is not just "trying to bring the runner down." He had the option to bump him out of bounds, it was close enough to the sidelines. He had the option to grab him around the waist, legs, etc. and fall on top of him, which is what typically happens when you run someone down as you're both going in the same direction. He chose to pick him up and try to prove a point. How else do you explain the ball carrier landing on top of RSJ? You could definitely see the knee buckle as he was picking him up. Saw it at the game and watched it over and over again on DVR.

JUST A FAN
11-09-2012, 02:48 PM
Lunch at Othie’s, what a wonderfully, nostalgic establishment that is, I just loved all the sports memorabilia and the game room looks like the place to be on game days. The only thing I can say is I sure hope the football team is better than the cook at Othie’s, oh my Lord the grease was unbearable and the food not very tasty. I visited with several of the locals, most seemed to be a long Friday lunch and quit delightful with a character sprinkled in here and there. I wonder if any of the items displayed are for sale.
Now on to the downtown area to see some old town Texas scenery.

whitelightning5
11-09-2012, 03:05 PM
Lunch at Othie’s, what a wonderfully, nostalgic establishment that is, I just loved all the sports memorabilia and the game room looks like the place to be on game days. The only thing I can say is I sure hope the football team is better than the cook at Othie’s, oh my Lord the grease was unbearable and the food not very tasty. I visited with several of the locals, most seemed to be a long Friday lunch and quit delightful with a character sprinkled in here and there. I wonder if any of the items displayed are for sale.

I'm telling you. Go with Hinze's BBQ for dinner. Its not the Salt Lick, but better than anything else in Sealy.

OLE'BULL
11-09-2012, 03:29 PM
:stirpot:

You are crazy if you do not think Oathies is good. One of the best burgers around. Hopefully you were smart enough to figure out that they are known for their burgers by the countless options for a burger. You should head to downtown Bellville instead of Sealy. Much nicer place, much nicer people!!! :stirpot:

JUST A FAN
11-09-2012, 03:30 PM
Not much in downtown Sealy perhaps because of the horrible road construction and I thought Austin was bad! Most of the town’s people are very friendly however don’t seem very excited about the game tonight but I may be just seeing the wrong people and I thought I would see the business windows decorated with football cheer and more signs of the Friday night lights lore

I think I will venture off to Bellville since it isn’t very far, so I can see that town’s atmosphere. Any suggestions from the Bellville folks?

Manso/V8
11-09-2012, 03:46 PM
Not much in downtown Sealy perhaps because of the horrible road construction and I thought Austin was bad! Most of the town’s people are very friendly however don’t seem very excited about the game tonight but I may be just seeing the wrong people and I thought I would see the business windows decorated with football cheer and more signs of the Friday night lights lore

I think I will venture off to Bellville since it isn’t very far, so I can see that town’s atmosphere. Any suggestions from the Bellville folks?

The construction in Sealy kind of ruins the feel right now. The best part of Sealy are the truck stops, ever since the Pyka Rd house of ill repute closed down.

Definitely go to Bellville for a better experience.

Check out the Bellville Meat Market. Take a tour of the old jail and museum. It is just south of the town square. There are several quirky shops around the square to see, some people like The Man Cave. Just north of the square is a city park, and new bigger park can be found a mile north of the square on Holland Street. Some like to go for a cup of coffee at Newman's bakery. For a scenic ride in the country head out 159 West towards Nelsonville/Industry. Once you get past Industry, you can head toward Shelby and go Eckermann's meat market. Get some summer sausage and for sure some dried sausage.

JUST A FAN
11-09-2012, 04:15 PM
Oh my, a house of ill repute? surely you jest, there has to be a story here. I have made it to Bellville and stopped at the meat market. I wish my area had something like this; the closest we can get is Elgin. Heading North to town square.

whitelightning5
11-09-2012, 04:32 PM
Oh my, a house of ill repute? surely you jest, there has to be a story here. I have made it to Bellville and stopped at the meat market. I wish my area had something like this; the closest we can get is Elgin. Heading North to town square.

Head to the high school and go to the pep rally...that will get your blood flowing.

sTxforlife
11-09-2012, 04:35 PM
Just kidding, after all the comments about you berating Mitchell at the games, I get the impression you get pretty worked up about things.
I'm very opinionated when it comes to Mitchell, but of course everyone knows that haha

JUST A FAN
11-09-2012, 04:49 PM
Bellville town square is very charming a little old mixed with some new. So far the towns people seem a little to themselves and not very friendly, even in the shops which is very surprising. Bellville wins on looking like a Friday night football town and everywhere I go the game is being talked about, although one thing that disturbs me is that I have heard in more than one conversation is how if they can somehow hurt Jones and Davis and get them out of the game early it will be a sure Bellville win. Not very sportsman like and do they realize they are talking about children!

JUST A FAN
11-09-2012, 04:59 PM
:stirpot:

You are crazy if you do not think Oathies is good. One of the best burgers around. Hopefully you were smart enough to figure out that they are known for their burgers by the countless options for a burger. You should head to downtown Bellville instead of Sealy. Much nicer place, much nicer people!!! :stirpot:

I had the chicken fried steak and fries those are a Texas tradition, if you can’t do that find another line of work. The people in front of me and behind me told me to try the Chicken fried steak although the burgers did look good and sloppy but I was told they aren’t as good as they look.

whitelightning5
11-09-2012, 05:31 PM
Bellville town square is very charming a little old mixed with some new. So far the towns people seem a little to themselves and not very friendly, even in the shops which is very surprising. Bellville wins on looking like a Friday night football town and everywhere I go the game is being talked about, although one thing that disturbs me is that I have heard in more than one conversation is how if they can somehow hurt Jones and Davis and get them out of the game early it will be a sure Bellville win. Not very sportsman like and do they realize they are talking about children!

My Mom just called me and said that some creeper at her nail salon that was eaves dropping on her conversation....was that you? HAHAHA....just kidding. Are you playing reporter and asking everyone what they think about the game? Unless its the players or coaches, I wouldnt read too much into the injury talk. Its the fans being ignorant. Obviously, all fans should not be characterized as being that dumb. I'm sure the topic was more in line of "if both would go down that would make things easier" not along the lines of causing bodily harm to the players. You tell me what would provide more satisfaction, beating Sealy knowing that they werent full strength or beating Sealy knowing that they shut down the superstars. The objective, after all, is to beat Sealy, not injure Sealy.

Manso/V8
11-09-2012, 06:58 PM
You might have looked too much like a liberal Austinite and scared the good town folk in Bellville.

I can guarantee you none of the Bellville players would intentionally injure a Sealy player, and vice-versa.
They have played against each other since junior high, and with social media, facebook, twitter, instagram, etc, most of them are pretty friendly toward one another.
A lot of them hang and play basketball together during the spring and summer.
You should see a hard fought, clean game, with mutual respect shown after the contest.
Last year, after Sealy beat Bellville in a close one, the Sealy players held back their deserved celebration until they were a good distance away from the Brahmas.
I expect you will see the same thing tonight from Bellville after they beat the Tigers.

BrahmaMom
11-09-2012, 09:15 PM
Well, the Austin County rivalry brought me back to 3ADL for the first time in quite a while. Intense is an apt description, and competitive every down. I think Rowe will play his starters throughout, as someone stated it would be hard to do otherwise. The Tigers are gonna be out for a berth, the Bulls can't let up. I take the Brahmas by a TD. GO BULLS!

whitelightning5
11-09-2012, 10:01 PM
The officials arent even qualified to ref a Jr. High game. We have one on Bellville's sideline not even paying attention at the snap and trying to yell at the head ref....leading to several delays. That said.....they better start officiating before someone gets hurt. Several late hits out of bounds. One late hit on the opening drive that wasnt called and should have been a first down for Bellville inside the Sealy 10. Another late hit by RSJ and some dirty play on Bellville's sidelines led to the brawl. Stay classy RSJ....Stay Classy.

BrahmaMom
11-09-2012, 10:30 PM
27-10 Bellville according to my reporter. The officiating has been questionable over the years for this rivalry. Hope nobody gets hurt, nothing is worth that.

whitelightning5
11-09-2012, 10:44 PM
2 ejected for fighting....probably the best call I've seen all night. I think the officials are a little intimidated by the aura of RSJ. To allow him to continue to take cheap shots on these guys after the plays or allow him to level the TE when the ball is in the air with no flag (its called pass interference). His antics are getting old. But I guess he is a nice young man and from a nice family....so its all OK.... right?

whitelightning5
11-09-2012, 10:58 PM
HAHAHAHA.....Now you want to call a late hit.....COMICAL.

whitelightning5
11-09-2012, 10:59 PM
Perfect clock management.....Sealy running plays and the game clock doesnt move.

BrahmaMom
11-09-2012, 11:03 PM
Same old, same old. What's the score?

BrahmaMom
11-09-2012, 11:17 PM
Guess it's over or as good as. Way to play, Bulls! Keep it up through the play-offs. To Sealy, tough luck and a rough season. Best of luck re-grouping and keep your tradition alive.

whitelightning5
11-09-2012, 11:20 PM
HAHAHAHA....Fuchs is standing outside of the huddle calling timeout with 3 seconds on the play clock and the official waves it off and throws a flag for delay of game? No refs can be that bad....must be the paycheck.

whitelightning5
11-09-2012, 11:27 PM
Game over Bellville 27 - Sealy 17. Sealy loaded the box putting all 11 defenders within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage, daring Bellville to throw. That led to 4 TD passes and a victory. You're weclome WHARTON. Why did all the Sealy fans leave the game so early? For a town that is so proud, RSJ almost made the game close and you were high-tailing it out of there. And whoever it was saying that it made them SICK seeing Columbus fans cheering when RSJ got injured....what kind of excuse do you have for the Sealy fans that were cheering after all of Bellville's injuries?

OLE'BULL
11-10-2012, 12:13 AM
Unbelievable game! Mitchell should have played RSJ at QB the entire game. When he came in there just wasn't s enough time left. Proud of the Brahmas and the coaches. Great game, that's what makes this rivalry special. Sealy fan who said this game has lost it's spunk is an idiot!

YTBulldogs
11-10-2012, 12:14 AM
Congrats Bellville. Good luck in the playoffs.

Luv My Tigers
11-10-2012, 12:52 AM
Game over Bellville 27 - Sealy 17. Sealy loaded the box putting all 11 defenders within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage, daring Bellville to throw. That led to 4 TD passes and a victory. You're weclome WHARTON. Why did all the Sealy fans leave the game so early? For a town that is so proud, RSJ almost made the game close and you were high-tailing it out of there. And whoever it was saying that it made them SICK seeing Columbus fans cheering when RSJ got injured....what kind of excuse do you have for the Sealy fans that were cheering after all of Bellville's injuries?

No one cheered your injured player. At that time, Sealy was trying to make a comeback and some fans were running through the stands getting people to cheer. As word spread that there was an injured player on the field, people were quiet.

The Bull #40
11-10-2012, 08:59 PM
Thought this was a well-played game for the Brahmas, especially on offense. For all of the posters who think all we can do is run the ball, they can look up the box scores from this one. Our passing game has been progressing week to week and it showed last night. Congrats to the Bulls on the win, nothing makes the town more proud than keeping the kittens out of the playoffs! I'm looking forward to playing Cuero in Round Rock Friday night. On another note, I hope RSJ watched the A&M/Bama game today and saw where he should play next year.... Thanks and Gig Em!

whitelightning5
11-10-2012, 09:12 PM
No one cheered your injured player. At that time, Sealy was trying to make a comeback and some fans were running through the stands getting people to cheer. As word spread that there was an injured player on the field, people were quiet.

Players....more than one got hurt. There was either cheering or boos on some of the injuries. In fact, when Parker was battling cramps all I heard were groans and boos. I'm not upset. I just think its funny that one of your fans called out Columbus for being classless when "cheering" the RSJ ankle injury when some of your fans do the same thing. Pot meet Kettle.

whitelightning5
11-10-2012, 09:23 PM
Thought this was a well-played game for the Brahmas, especially on offense. For all of the posters who think all we can do is run the ball, they can look up the box scores from this one. Our passing game has been progressing week to week and it showed last night. Congrats to the Bulls on the win, nothing makes the town more proud than keeping the kittens out of the playoffs! I'm looking forward to playing Cuero in Round Rock Friday night. On another note, I hope RSJ watched the A&M/Bama game today and saw where he should play next year.... Thanks and Gig Em!

Good win for the Brahmas. Glad that we broke that trend of losses to Sealy. Bellville's passing game has improved, but don't start making it out to be a dominant force. The only reason it was successful is because the safeties played 5-7 yards off the line. Its a lot easier for the WRs to get behind that defense when they play at that depth. I heard grumblings that they may turn RSJ into a TE. The really athletic TEs (like Jimmy Graham) are starting to take hold at all levels. I dont see him being a WR in Sumlin's system. Smaller and quicker WRs are the best in that scheme.....see U of H WRs and Ryan Swope.

Bull's-eye
11-10-2012, 09:32 PM
Very proud of the Brahmas! Great call on the reverse TD pass, a sweet answer to the RSJ cheap shot. Game ended up much closer than it should of been. Leading 27-10 & deep in Tiger territory, don't know why Bellville was throwing the ball. A interception led to a Sealy TD & onside kick recovery. Luckily for Bellville, they come up with an INT to ice the game.

Best wishes to #36, appeared to have a knee injury.

Manso/V8
11-10-2012, 10:18 PM
It was quite evident that Bellville is simply a better team than Sealy this year.
Sealy's Jowan Davis is an impressive player, and the sophomore QB looks like he is going to be a good one in the coming years.

RSJ needs to take a rest. The jumpers knee problems last summer, the dislocated knee cap earlier this year, the ankle injury, and all the hype have reduced his effectiveness.
I wasn't impressed by some of his actions.

Bad refs and a homer in control of the clock as usual.
I feel sorry for the good kids that have to go to school there.

sTxforlife
11-10-2012, 10:39 PM
Bellville was simply a more disciplined and much more well coached team than Sealy was. Bellville played well enough to win and Sealy just made too many stupid mistakes.

Manso/V8
11-10-2012, 10:48 PM
Bellville was simply a more disciplined and much more well coached team than Sealy was. Bellville played well enough to win and Sealy just made too many stupid mistakes.

After last night, I get your point about the coaching.

sTxforlife
11-10-2012, 11:57 PM
Haha I'm glad someone one here finally does! People in the stands were going insane last night with some of the play calling, like the stupid throwback on the kickoff return, our complete refusable to try and establish a vertical passing game, I could go on and on. But, at the end of the day, Sealy did not play well enough to win and Bellville did and the final score is all anyone will remember in a couple of years unless you're one of the kids that played in the game.

sTxforlife
11-10-2012, 11:59 PM
Haha I'm glad someone one here finally does! People in the stands were going insane last night with some of the play calling, like the stupid throwback on the kickoff return, our complete refusable to try and establish a vertical passing game, I could go on and on. But, at the end of the day, Sealy did not play well enough to win and Bellville did and the final score is all anyone will remember in a couple of years unless you're one of the kids that played in the game.

I find it intresting SWOOPS AND RSJ teams have been sent home. Swoops team got a beat down all year. RSJ didnt make the playoffs.

OldBison75
11-11-2012, 09:22 AM
In response to the statement about RSJ not fitting the Sumlin system. Did you see Evans--he is bigger than RSJ and plays every down at WR for the Aggies!!! RSJ would fit that system and be a force.

sTxforlife
11-11-2012, 10:45 PM
In response to the statement about RSJ not fitting the Sumlin system. Did you see Evans--he is bigger than RSJ and plays every down at WR for the Aggies!!! RSJ would fit that system and be a force.
With RSJ next year, the aggies offense will be unstoppable!

Manso/V8
11-11-2012, 11:01 PM
With RSJ next year, the aggies offense will be unstoppable!

Only if he remembers how to play/try hard.

Red Bull
11-12-2012, 09:09 AM
Great win for Bellville! Great game plan by the coaches! Great comeback after being down 10-0 to start the game!

As for the game officials, how can this be the officiating crew for such a big rivalry game? They completely lost control there for a little while and what is it with all the delays / coferences with the coaches. I have officiated football games and the best officials are the ones that after the game you hardly even realize they were there. This crew stole the spotlight for much of the night. It should have been about the players, not the officials.

As for RSJ, I wish him well now that he as a lot of time to think of his college choice. I have enjoyed watching him for the last four years for he is truly a great talent.

Go Bellville and take care of business in round 1 with Cuero.

JUST A FAN
11-12-2012, 09:28 AM
I have had computer issues since Saturday morning so this is late but I feel it still needs to be told

Over all my experience with The Austin County football championship was very good; I see why it is talked about all year long. I will attempt to grade in my own humble opinion my thoughts of the day I had and the winners of each category they will be brief as I await the comments from the 2 towns. I do not mean for any of this to be negative and I hope I can make the game in Bellville next year.
Town appeal = Bellville
Townspeople = Sealy, much friendlier.
Spirit displayed = Bellville
Stadium = I give Sealy a B, it is a good 3A venue but ill equipped to handle a large crowd
Field = I give Sealy an A, best grass field I seen in awhile, the logo on the field = A++. That is awesome
Concession stand = F, but to be fair it isn’t set up for a large crowd
Concession food = A, very large selection and very tasty
Pre game music = B, very good sound but the song selection of tunes left a lot to be desired
Pregame festivities = C not a fan of the parents night at such a big game and certainly not all the organizations together, band and athletics should be separate if there is such a large number to be called. The announcer did good job getting names called out quickly perhaps too quickly as there was a large gap before the teams came on the field
Run through tunnels = Sealy, opening the tiger mouth as the team runs out is pretty cool, I am not a fan of the smoke used by Bellville and after talking to several Bellville fans it doesn’t appear the majority like it either, I was told that it has caused game delays in the past. A little smoke goes a long way.
Stadium sound = C, just 2 speakers off the scoreboard is ridiculous, or maybe my ears were still ringing from the pregame music
Pregame = A, The color guard was an awesome sight. Is that every game? A moment of silence gets a B from me I prefer a prayer by the students but I realize this great country caters to the vocal minority and it is not permitted by many schools because they don’t want to put up with the headaches. I was very pleased to hear the announcer say “GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS AND GOD BLESS OUR NATION” that with the color guard gave me a few goose bumps. I wonder if he did that on his own.
Uniforms = Sealy, it was difficult from my vantage point to clearly see the # on the Bellville jerseys and I believe the announcer even commented that he couldn’t see them clearly either (maybe he should get a spotter)
THE GAME
The better team = this is difficult to sum up in 1 line. It appears Bellville has a better all around team but Sealy has some premier players that are head and shoulders above the others on the field ( I wish I could have seen them with the ball more)
Offense = another toss up and hard to tell because was Bellville’s offense better than Sealy’s defense or was # 7 much better than the Sealy secondary and why wasn’t he accounted for (although one was on an illegal pick by the other receiver that the official missed (more on them later) but the Bellville fans I was with did not miss it and said they can’t believe that doesn’t get called back when they do it.
The Sealy offense was very quick but their speed wasn’t utilized by the play calling, I believe they ran the end around with the motion man 3 times and scored twice, how do you not run that several times a game to open the middle up for # 25 who is good for 4 to 5 yards every time he touches the ball
Defense = another hard one to call did Bellville stop the high powered Sealy offense or did the play calling not utilizing the teams strengths stop Sealy. With 1rst and goal I am OK with a pass to # 4 but with # 25 in the back field I would have given him the ball the next 3 plays, yes even on 4th as our coaches often tell our kids GO HARD OR GO HOME. That would have been 14-0 because everybody in the stadium knows # 25 would have and could have scored
Sealy defense is very quick and swarm to the ball, the secondary play is suspect but I see that they are very young. Many fans questioned why wasn't # 4 playing safety all night? Sealy stopped the Bellville ground attack and I was impressed with that or were the Bellville coaches just setting up those passes.
Coaches = Bellville, I have to go with Bellville on this for several reasons. 1. They mixed it up and had the Sealy defense confused all night, although it seems that the defensive coaches may be trying to be too complicated and the kids just couldn’t get in the proper places on time. 2. They had their team fired up all night 3. The head coach for Bellville played a mind game all night with the officials by arguing everything and taking the momentum away from the game essentially an uncalled time out for the other coaches to talk to the players away from the discussion, why the referee let him continue all night is a mystery to me, every official in any sport I know would have told him he had 7 seconds to make his case or he would need to call a time out. Not to mention being on the field the majority of the night. The UIL put in the new rule to keep the coaches out of the officials way for safety and my brother-in –law who is a TASO official told me this morning when I asked about this that after the 1rst side line warning he would have told the coach and his staff to stay off his field and in the white area unless he wants a time out or a penalty. I have to give it to the Bellville coach and according to the Bellville fans I was standing by he does this all the time, some of them like it, some feel embarrassed by his acting like a spoiled kid wanting to get his way and they believe as I do that it takes away from the game, this discussion almost had that small group of Bellville fans go to blows before they realized people were watching them. 3 Bellville executed their plays perfectly it is obvious the practice those every day in practice. 4. The Sealy coaches called a couple of trick plays that look like they had just drawn those up in the dirt and hoped the kids could execute, I wonder if the throw back on the kick off had been practiced and if so had the Sealy coaches told that poor kid if you have Bellville players all over you DON’T THROW IT BACK, but I doubt that play was ever practiced prior to that moment judging by the fact the kid to receive the throw back wasn’t even looking or did # 12 do this on his own (which I doubt) 4. I noticed that the Bellville coaches were talking to their kids more on the side lines coaching all night and the Sealy coaches only did a brief meeting with their squad right after they came off the field. I have more but will wait on the feedback this gets
The officials = D if not an F, the game was late getting kicked off and that is the referees responsibility. Did he go in each locker room and give the 5 minute warning? They lost control of this game early by not dealing with the BS that happens at every game every sport. I believe in letting the kids play and talking to them one on one after every play let them know what you will and won’t put up with before you have to throw the flag. It seemed as though the only referee that was calling penalties was the one on the Bellville side line (A + for the Bellville coaches, if the zebras will let you sway them then by all means work that angle) the constant delay in the action was frustrating to say the least. What was the problem does anybody know why the kept going from side line to side line? More later after this gets some feed back
The announcer= B, I like that fact that he doesn’t over announce and try to call the play by play style he gives ball carrier, tackler, yards gained and what yard line the ball is on, that makes it easy to stay connected while you aren’t watching the game and the folks outside the stadium must have loved that because there was no seeing through the mass of humanity 2 and 3 deep around the entire field. He was clear and annunciated well. I have been to some venues that the announcer was such a homer you couldn’t stand it. He gave each team the same attention. I really like the fact that he included the QB on the pass completion (I believe it was like pass complete to # from the arm of #) and that he acknowledged the deep snapper, holder and the kicker on extra points and field goals. Ok I will give him an A- but maybe a better speaker system would help
Half time = A the bands did a fine job and I really liked the 2 bands coming together pay tribute to our Veterans. The drill teams were fun to watch and the bands had good sound. The only thing I hate is, and it is even at 4A and 5A level is the band announcers where do schools find these folks, I know they aren’t professionals but please get a clue, don’t yell into the microphone and your material is often over the top, it is about the kids not you. The Bellville drill team lady seemed to have an attitude but the team did a wonderful job.

The half time adjustments
Sealy = F, did they even address the flaws in their game plans or were they too occupied with drawing up those ill advised trick plays.
Bellville = B, but they didn’t have to make too many to begin with. The only thing I would have done if I were a Bellville coach would be to make sure the Sealy staff had plenty more ammunition in which to shoot themselves in the foot.
The second half
I am not going to dwell on the players performances to badly but the Bellville team had a good game plan and were fired up from start to finish and the Sealy team seemed to be in a daze of course getting scored on quickly and the turning the ball over and getting scored on again by the same play has to be disheartening. Again no Sealy coaches with their arms around the players lifting them up and correcting the mistakes by coaching.
The big story in the game was and was asked after the game by both sides, was # 4 healthy and if he was why wasn’t he used more in the game. he wasn’t called on to carry his team until late in the game and it appeared to all watching that he was disappointed in the play calling however the Bellville fans were very glad because I heard more than 1 say when he started to drive the team from the QB position “here we go again” we can’t stop that kid. After the game as I was walking to my car and hoping I remembered where it was, when I overheard some Sealy fans arguing about the 4th quarter and why didn’t # 4 tuck the ball and run more, I heard one parent and his kid (who had played for Sealy) that if the coaches call a play and you don’t do exactly like they say you will be pulled out of the game, surely this isn’t true especially with talent like # 4. The kid said oh it’s true I was on the team when the QB was yelled at for making an adjustment and throwing a TD when the coaches wanted to run the ball. # 4, # 21 and # 25 could have dominated the game in our offense. I wonder how the Bellville coaches would have used those 3 really good players.
Post game = B, I am not a fan of people swarming the field after the game but when you don’t have any room outside the fence why not let the people wanting to talk to their kids go on the track so the other fans can get through the crowds, turning the lights out in half of the stadium is a good way to give warning that it is time to leave but a game like this and being the final game for many should have been allowed to continue a little further.
Again this is just an outsider’s observation of a rivalry game that has as much emotions as TEXAS and Texas A & M (which I am hoping will be this year’s Cotton bowl)
Well it is late and I need to get some rest, I thank the Austin County people and these 2 schols for a wonderful experience. Good Night and GOD BLESS

garciap77
11-12-2012, 10:45 AM
Tigers by 7!

Red Bull
11-12-2012, 01:30 PM
Wow Just a Fan! That was quite a read. I will give you a C for most of what you stated is the obvious. The other is just opinion and everyone has one of those.

957tiger
11-12-2012, 02:19 PM
Just A Fan hit it on the head in just about every area he touched on. It was obvious that Bellville won the up front size battle. That had been the case for Sealy all year. If you followed Sealy this year you saw a big size difference on the line and backfield. With that difference, you would have expected more losses but somehow the kids played through the whistle every series. RS-J is a game changer even at 80%. He suffered a bad ankle sprain against Columbus. Against El Campo the ankle was swollen to the point of deformity, yet he taped it up and tried his best. With rest it got better until he tweaked it again in practice. Most people would have been on crutches. The fact he played as hard as he did against Bellville was all heart. His interception would have been a pick six prior to his ankle injury. Was Sealy outcoached? Just look at the end results of the game. Play calling is important. If you've watch Sealy long enough that is an area that must improve in the off season. Also the delays if took to get the plays into the QB can't continue. I watched College and Pro games and they all had the same issues that Sealy has so the Tigers are not an exception it happens at all levels. The Bellville coached once again was successful at disrupting the tempo of the game. He acted the same way last year. Out beyond the numbers. Racing along the sidelines. . No need to discuss Coach Rowe anymore, any and all who were in the stadium saw him and his antics except perhaps the officials who once again were either obilvious or intimidated be his actions. TASO or the UIL need to revisit their stance on coaches like him.

Yes the PA announcer does a good job. He is fair and works hard to be fair to the players on both teams. We've all heard the guy who likes to do play by play from the pressbox. It just does not work. As far as the speakers on the scoreboard. Thanks for pointing out the fact that they are outdated and need to be replaced. The pregame sound system is brand new and does sound good. Still working out the accoustics. Sound checks with no one in the stands versus a full venue always changes the sound. There are talks of upgrading Tiger Field. However some folks fail to realize what a production football has become now days. One just has to look around the stadium to see how many people it takes to put together a high school football game. Even at the 3A level. More importantly is the amount of students involved at multiple levels. Some folks feel education outweighs athletics no matter what. I don't disagree about the importance of education,but the sheer number of student particpating on friday nights can't be ignorned. It is a big deal that involves more students than any other activity. Perhaps in the near future a new stadium or badly needed updates will make Tiger Field a showcase in Austin County. Just look at the athletic complex in Columbus. Top notch to say the least. It has been mentioned here by some that the time keeper was a "homer". Not sure how it is at other schools, but at Sealy it is a official who keeps the time, not anyone affiliated with the school. The reason that fans have been restricted from the track and field after the games was a recent incident where emotions got the best of some fans and the police became involved. Again this adds to my point how big these games have become, even at our level. Good observations by Just A Fan.

Red Bull
11-12-2012, 03:50 PM
I will tell you this about the Bellville coach and that is he fights for his kids. The kids respond to this as they did Friday. If film study shows the opponent holds or chop blocks, then YES he works the officials. That is what good coaches do - they protect their players. Sealy held and held just as they did last year. It wasn't called until Bellville D-line got some seperation and then it was obvious. Sealy could have been up much more than 10-0 had they just blocked normally (no holding) and ran #25 down Bellville's throat. Holding penalties and playing behind the chains changed that.

I will agree that Coach Rowe gets animated and it has been the most evident in the Sealy game both years. He is no where like this in other games so perhaps the poor officiating the last two years in Sealy has been the reason. Perhaps next year when we finally get to return to Bellville it will be different.

Well that is about all I have on this for this game is over and Bellville is preparing for Cuero. Sealy is getting ready to roll out the basketballs.

Manso/V8
11-13-2012, 01:21 AM
Just a Fan - I am glad you enjoyed the game. Actually the crowd seemed a little smaller than last year, a bit more room on the Visitors side, and we could see some empty spaces on the Home side. Maybe because last year was essentially for the District Championship. The Tiger field did look great, and I enjoyed the pregame stuff more than normal. I agree that the announcer did a great job.

As far as which team is/was better, I think it comes down to who was better that night, consistently. Sealy came out of the gates and it seemed like we couldn't stop them, then we missed a field goal, probably because the decision was made late and the attempt was rushed........last week that kid hit a 45 or 46 yarder. I think once the Bellville kids settled down the consistency and execution advantage took over. You said the Sealy offense seemed quicker, I disagree. All three of our RB's are as fast or faster than the Sealy RB's, but the Sealy RB's are more powerful, especially Davis. Kid is like a rock. RSJ is very elusive and strong. #7 is very fast, but the reason those passes were there was that Sealy was stacking players on our right side hoping to stop the strong side running game, the G, T, and TE go 270, 310, 240, and all can block well. Since Sealy had that side stacked, the left side passes were wide open, and we took advantage of it.

Sealy could have played it different and made a closer game of it, or even won, but it didn't happen this time around.

whitelightning5
11-13-2012, 02:04 PM

Mike Evans is about the same size 6'5' and 218. Not bigger. In fact they are the same height, but Evans weighs less. Aside from that, I am talking about the WRs that Sumlim's system is built around. His system is more of a get your athletes in space and let them work...run and shoot. That doesnt always work to the bigger WRs advantage. Evans has been a monster as a possession WR. In fact, most of his touches come on 3rd down receptions. Sumlin may be able to make it work. If so...more power to him. LSU has recently seemed to waste away WR talent because they dont have a QB to get them the ball. That said...I hope he becomes an Aggie.

zebrablue2
11-13-2012, 06:31 PM
Mike Evans is about the same size 6'5' and 218. Not bigger. In fact they are the same height, but Evans weighs less. Aside from that, I am talking about the WRs that Sumlim's system is built around. His system is more of a get your athletes in space and let them work...run and shoot. That doesnt always work to the bigger WRs advantage. Evans has been a monster as a possession WR. In fact, most of his touches come on 3rd down receptions. Sumlin may be able to make it work. If so...more power to him. LSU has recently seemed to waste away WR talent because they dont have a QB to get them the ball. That said...I hope he becomes an Aggie.

He and Johnny football would make a lot of noise:2thumbsup

gambler1606
11-13-2012, 06:48 PM
One thing I noticed on the sideline before the game was a camera in Ricky's face. Why would you allow this to go on? We are fighting for our playoff lives and it's one thing to have to win, but NEED to win by 9. C'mon man!!!!!!!! Get the damn reporter and camera man off the sidelines before the game. If he wants to talk to Ricky, after the game would be a good time. There is a "WHOLE BUNCH" we need to work on this off season. If it doesn't happen, I can see us battleing Brookshire for last place next year. I have never understood how you can get a "Delay of game penalty" running the spread. Thats a fast paced offense, and we run it like a turtle. I think Jowan barely had a 1000 yds this year. We need O-Line work real bad. The old saying,,, nobody touches our QB needs to be taught again. Our "D" was horrid this year. It's one thing to beat up on the Brookshires and Needvilles of the world, but if you want to play with the big boys, you got to bring your A-Game every single week. Maybe next year when there are no cameras and reporters around we can focus on getting the job done. If not, well it might be time to !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gambler1606
11-13-2012, 06:52 PM

I agree!!

sTxforlife
11-13-2012, 07:03 PM
One thing I noticed on the sideline before the game was a camera in Ricky's face. Why would you allow this to go on? We are fighting for our playoff lives and it's one thing to have to win, but NEED to win by 9. C'mon man!!!!!!!! Get the damn reporter and camera man off the sidelines before the game. If he wants to talk to Ricky, after the game would be a good time. There is a "WHOLE BUNCH" we need to work on this off season. If it doesn't happen, I can see us battleing Brookshire for last place next year. I have never understood how you can get a "Delay of game penalty" running the spread. Thats a fast paced offense, and we run it like a turtle. I think Jowan barely had a 1000 yds this year. We need O-Line work real bad. The old saying,,, nobody touches our QB needs to be taught again. Our "D" was horrid this year. It's one thing to beat up on the Brookshires and Needvilles of the world, but if you want to play with the big boys, you got to bring your A-Game every single week. Maybe next year when there are no cameras and reporters around we can focus on getting the job done. If not, well it might be time to !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I completely agree, there was not enough pride taken in keeping our qb clean. I remember in the 09-10 and 10-11 seasons, those offensive lines, if I remember correctly, only gave up 4 sacks in 23 games. Those offenses were much more efficient than the ones we've had the past 2 seasons. We've always had problems with tempo, but the sad thing is, when we go at a quick pace, nearly every drive ends in a TD but our coaches still refuse to do that the whole game. I believe the big problem with our defense is our defensive coordinators complete refusal to budge with his system. He tries to run TCU's defense without their athletes. Our secondary is also taught not to look back to the ball, if they do so in the game they get yelled at and taken out of the game. He also refuses to come after the qb to help these dbs out. Not a great recipe for defensive success if you ask me.

gambler1606
11-13-2012, 07:09 PM
I completely agree, there was not enough pride taken in keeping our qb clean. I remember in the 09-10 and 10-11 seasons, those offensive lines, if I remember correctly, only gave up 4 sacks in 23 games. Those offenses were much more efficient than the ones we've had the past 2 seasons. We've always had problems with tempo, but the sad thing is, when we go at a quick pace, nearly every drive ends in a TD but our coaches still refuse to do that the whole game. I believe the big problem with our defense is our defensive coordinators complete refusal to budge with his system. He tries to run TCU's defense without their athletes. Our secondary is also taught not to look back to the ball, if they do so in the game they get yelled at and taken out of the game. He also refuses to come after the qb to help these dbs out. Not a great recipe for defensive success if you ask me.

Yep!! And thats why Basketballs are bouncing in our gym right now!!!!!!!!

sTxforlife
11-13-2012, 07:11 PM
Yep!! And thats why Basketballs are bouncing in our gym right now!!!!!!!!
Yep, it's the sad truth. With as much potential as this team had, it was really sad to see it end the way it did.

JUST A FAN
11-14-2012, 08:57 AM
From everything I heard after the game and in town the next day was Mitchell needs to be gone! The woeful offensive production and O-line play are contributed to one man, Coach Howard? I am told he is one of Mitchell’s oldest friends and they would not listen to other coaches, on defense the blame was on the defensive coordinator Mitchell’s brother? That makes it very hard for a head coach to shake things up if needed when you have too close of a personal relationship with your assistants, as Vince Lombardi said “ a head coach doesn’t go around with a worried look on his face his assistant coaches go around with a worried look on their faces” . After listening to the broadcasts of the last couple of games the old coaches did everything they could do to keep from calling the current staff out, they often questioned play calling and defensive alignment. What has most folks upset is the obvious, if you have seconds left in a half and the other team needs to score, why would you not put the safeties at the goal line or 5 yard line at least. That happened in the St. Pius, Wharton, Columbus and Bellville games, who is the secondary coach? The broadcast team constantly said they safeties need to get back. Why can’t the current coaches see this if everybody else in the stadium knew what was going to happen via some type of a pass play?

The main comment being made still today by the people I met and have been talking to is the Sealy staff is unimaginative and very vanilla. What I don’t understand is why it took 3 years of Mills telling Mitchell over the air he needs to be able to run the QB sneak before the QB got under center, is this true? And if so was it because Mitchell wasn’t going to be told what to do, does he have the large of an ego?
There are so many more things that could be said about the Sealy season and I know there are those out there that want to start blasting. The only posters we are hearing from are the anti- Mitchell posters. I want to hear from those that played for him and often defend him, or are they just in shock and have come to the realization that their old coach doesn’t have a clue?
I wasn’t going to stir things up down there but some things need to be said one way or the other. Is Mitchell worth keeping, should he shake up the staff or is everything right in Tiger Town?

teetle
11-14-2012, 09:50 AM
Rowe need to bes in des coaching box wheres hes belongs. He runnings downs the sideline likes a fool. That classlesses. Congratulations on a good year. Bellville hases comes a longs way. Rowe needs to acts rights.:ack!::ack!::ack!:

sTxforlife
11-14-2012, 10:07 AM
From everything I heard after the game and in town the next day was Mitchell needs to be gone! The woeful offensive production and O-line play are contributed to one man, Coach Howard? I am told he is one of Mitchell’s oldest friends and they would not listen to other coaches, on defense the blame was on the defensive coordinator Mitchell’s brother? That makes it very hard for a head coach to shake things up if needed when you have too close of a personal relationship with your assistants, as Vince Lombardi said “ a head coach doesn’t go around with a worried look on his face his assistant coaches go around with a worried look on their faces” . After listening to the broadcasts of the last couple of games the old coaches did everything they could do to keep from calling the current staff out, they often questioned play calling and defensive alignment. What has most folks upset is the obvious, if you have seconds left in a half and the other team needs to score, why would you not put the safeties at the goal line or 5 yard line at least. That happened in the St. Pius, Wharton, Columbus and Bellville games, who is the secondary coach? The broadcast team constantly said they safeties need to get back. Why can’t the current coaches see this if everybody else in the stadium knew what was going to happen via some type of a pass play?

The main comment being made still today by the people I met and have been talking to is the Sealy staff is unimaginative and very vanilla. What I don’t understand is why it took 3 years of Mills telling Mitchell over the air he needs to be able to run the QB sneak before the QB got under center, is this true? And if so was it because Mitchell wasn’t going to be told what to do, does he have the large of an ego?
There are so many more things that could be said about the Sealy season and I know there are those out there that want to start blasting. The only posters we are hearing from are the anti- Mitchell posters. I want to hear from those that played for him and often defend him, or are they just in shock and have come to the realization that their old coach doesn’t have a clue?
I wasn’t going to stir things up down there but some things need to be said one way or the other. Is Mitchell worth keeping, should he shake up the staff or is everything right in Tiger Town?
I played for Mitchell for 5 years, and everything you have said is true. He does have that large of an ego that he will not listen to everyone. The secondary has been the downfall of the teams that mitchell has had in the past. The o line used to be the strongest point of our team a couple of years back. It just took people a little while to realize what everyone that's played for him had been saying.

OLE'BULL
11-14-2012, 10:16 AM
Rowe need to bes in des coaching box wheres hes belongs. He runnings downs the sideline likes a fool. That classlesses. Congratulations on a good year. Bellville hases comes a longs way. Rowe needs to acts rights.:ack!::ack!::ack!:

Rowes is an intense coach that fights for his team, and his job. He earns every penny and Jimmys probably ought to take a page out of Rowes book. The lack of enthusiasm on the Sealy sideline by the coaches and players was obvious. Coach Rowe is grateful to be the head coach of the Brahmas and isnt going to let poor calls influence his record. He knows that you can influence refs via arguing, and will use every bit of that to his advantage. Sometimes, yes, it probably works against him. He has a right to argue any call he wants. His players know not to argue with a ref, so he does it for them. I like it, and appreciate his passion for the Brahmas. Yes, he does go a bit overboard sometimes, but what coach that cares doesnt? I would go to war with Coach Rowe any day. I honestly cant say the same about Mitchell. Emotion is contagious and the staff, along with the Brahmas, were fired up all night. Again, cant say the same for the Kitties.

tigerball4life
11-14-2012, 10:36 AM
WOW!!!!! 1 bad season and you are on the chopping block, but then again the same thing happened to coach Faldyn.

Just afan: you sure seem to be very interested in Sealy football, why is that? I am in San Antonio and hear many of the same things you state maybe because they are that obvious. Do you have ties in the area? You need to look at the folks you listen to, even the great TJ had folks who couldn’t stand him, players included! I listen to coach Mills , coach Faldyn and my QB brad (for 1 season) all the time and although they are on target 90% of the time it doesn’t make them experts in Mitchell’s scheme so be careful of painting with such a broad brush.
Sealy Tiger fans be careful what you wish for, you may lose the Mitchell staff and get another staff you don’t like, it is very difficult to match what we did in the 90’s, many have tried, many have failed. We had the perfect storm, great coaches, really good players and lots of them, our depth was unbelievable.

tigerball4life
11-14-2012, 10:51 AM
Rowes is an intense coach that fights for his team, and his job. He earns every penny and Jimmys probably ought to take a page out of Rowes book. The lack of enthusiasm on the Sealy sideline by the coaches and players was obvious. Coach Rowe is grateful to be the head coach of the Brahmas and isnt going to let poor calls influence his record. He knows that you can influence refs via arguing, and will use every bit of that to his advantage. Sometimes, yes, it probably works against him. He has a right to argue any call he wants. His players know not to argue with a ref, so he does it for them. I like it, and appreciate his passion for the Brahmas. Yes, he does go a bit overboard sometimes, but what coach that cares doesnt? I would go to war with Coach Rowe any day. I honestly cant say the same about Mitchell. Emotion is contagious and the staff, along with the Brahmas, were fired up all night. Again, cant say the same for the Kitties.

you are right there. coach Mills would stay in the officials ear all night, but he never made a fool of himself he just quoted rule after rule until the poor referee figured out that TJ knew more than his crew! it looks like you are right on target about the Mitchell program, not being very emotional. I have never seen Sealy so unsprirted.

gambler1606
11-14-2012, 11:00 AM
WOW!!!!! 1 bad season and you are on the chopping block, but then again the same thing happened to coach Faldyn.

Just afan: you sure seem to be very interested in Sealy football, why is that? I am in San Antonio and hear many of the same things you state maybe because they are that obvious. Do you have ties in the area? You need to look at the folks you listen to, even the great TJ had folks who couldn’t stand him, players included! I listen to coach Mills , coach Faldyn and my QB brad (for 1 season) all the time and although they are on target 90% of the time it doesn’t make them experts in Mitchell’s scheme so be careful of painting with such a broad brush.
Sealy Tiger fans be careful what you wish for, you may lose the Mitchell staff and get another staff you don’t like, it is very difficult to match what we did in the 90’s, many have tried, many have failed. We had the perfect storm, great coaches, really good players and lots of them, our depth was unbelievable.

Let me correct you if you think I want Coach Mitchell to leave, no I don't. Some people do and some don't want him to leave. He has done great things for our program, brought it back to respectability. There are a lot of things we need to improve on! We don't have a lot of depth and that really hurts us. We make mistakes that good varsity teams shouldn't make. You have to improve the play calling on both sides of the ball. If your gonna run the spread, run it fast or get in the huddle. on "D" we need to go back to the basics and start tackling better. I don't care what kind of fancy Offense or Defense you run, if you can't block or tackle, your not gonna win a lot of football games. I know a lot of people have different opinions and we all have the right, but I wouldn't judge someone on a winning season and not making the playoffs.

I did hear on STSN that Coach Mills is not coming back next year and thats a shame, but I understand his reasoning behind it.

OLE'BULL
11-14-2012, 11:37 AM
Let me correct you if you think I want Coach Mitchell to leave, no I don't. Some people do and some don't want him to leave. He has done great things for our program, brought it back to respectability. There are a lot of things we need to improve on! We don't have a lot of depth and that really hurts us. We make mistakes that good varsity teams shouldn't make. You have to improve the play calling on both sides of the ball. If your gonna run the spread, run it fast or get in the huddle. on "D" we need to go back to the basics and start tackling better. I don't care what kind of fancy Offense or Defense you run, if you can't block or tackle, your not gonna win a lot of football games. I know a lot of people have different opinions and we all have the right, but I wouldn't judge someone on a winning season and not making the playoffs.

I did hear on STSN that Coach Mills is not coming back next year and thats a shame, but I understand his reasoning behind it.

What is his reasoning behind it?

tigerball4life
11-14-2012, 01:57 PM
prolly sick of the incompetence and lackluster approach to winning,

gambler1606
11-14-2012, 03:09 PM
What is his reasoning behind it?

He said he diidn't think it was fair for him to second guess the staff, so he was going to step down from the mic.

sTxforlife
11-14-2012, 04:00 PM
He said he diidn't think it was fair for him to second guess the staff, so he was going to step down from the mic.
Sad to hear for sure, I loved going back and listening to just his commentary. People may not have always agreed with what he said but the man was almost always right. Definitely will miss him on the show.

teetle
11-15-2012, 09:21 AM
Ya'lls donts knows Jimmie very wells. The Guys whos criticising him. What did theys dos after Sealy had thats incredible runs? Mills, He gots run off ats Odessa ands ats LaPorte. Faldyn, He bes the reasons thats Jimmie here anyways. He couldn'ts satisfies peoples. They always complaining abouts him. He steps down because he tireds of listening tos it. Jimmie doing good. He probably tireds of its too.:ack!::ack!::ack!: