PDA

View Full Version : You gotta give credit to Burnet...

SintonFan
11-28-2003, 09:18 PM
Those guys are tough.
They played great as all great teams do. Yes, there was some questionable calls but we still got beat by a GREAT team. I smell a budding rivalry... :D :D :D
What can I say????????????
Sinton Pirates, YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!
Here's my take on the game(this is purely the feel and flow of the game):
*Burnet came in and marched down the field RUNNING ALL THE WAY for a score... (nuf said, those boys are big, fast and are very business-like)-momentum Burnet
*Sinton answered right away with great blocking on the return... (these boys know how to change a game)-momentum Sinton
*Burnet came right back and scored again, this time off a wide open Shipley... (they're no. 1 because they are no. 1)-momentum Burnet
*Sinton asserted themselves with nice running RIGHT BACK AT BURNET down inside the five yard line of the Bulldogs, Sinton fumbled the ball just inside the goalline. Burnet recovered!... (The Pirates had Burnet on the ropes and gave the ball up!)-momentum Burnet up more
*Burnet went to the air more with success; btw that Levins is a great RB out of the backfield, and took it in to go up 21-7...(jeez my heart sunk at this point)-momentum a resounding Burnet
*Sinton Pirates got the ball back and didn't do much as the Burnet defense played like they were on fire, Sinton punted short and Burnet got good field position...(Sinton was still stunned by their fumble)-momentum a very confident Burnet
*Burnet marched down the field and again scored...(We were all down on the Sinton side, my guys were trying but they were trying to run up the slope while the opposition was going down the slope)- momentum Burnet even more
*Sinton was playing from behind and it showed. Burnet was playing lights out ball to stop the Sinton run and had them on the ropes. Sinton passes and throws an interception on a second down overthrow(thats OK young QB, you still Rock!)... (Burnet had great field position on a pick)- momentum, can you say B U R N E T?
*Burnet got another TD with not much time on the first-half clock to go to 35-7(good choice of pas and run)...(the Pirates could've tucked and run at this point, but...)-momentum a resounding Burnet Bulldog team
*Sinton gained some yards and went to the locker down by 28........
This was the 'flow and feel' of the first half...
The second half to come( a different game...) :D

<small>[ November 28, 2003, 08:20 PM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

tap_tx_sinton
11-28-2003, 09:25 PM
Yes you have to give it too them, they played a good game. Too big for Sinton too handle at this time. What about Shipley? Did he or did he not play the whole game? He was taking a toll. Great game, we held Burnet untill the fumble in the endzone.

SintonFan
11-28-2003, 09:39 PM
tap_tx_sinton:
Yes you have to give it too them, they played a good game. Too big for Sinton too handle at this time. What about Shipley? Did he or did he not play the whole game? He was taking a toll. Great game, we held Burnet untill the fumble in the endzone.What was important was after halftime... wink
I'm gettin to that. :cool:

Sintonz_Wrecken
11-28-2003, 09:44 PM
Sinon did win the 2nd half...cuz 2nd half is PIRATE half ...

SintonFan
11-28-2003, 11:16 PM
The second half!
What can I say???????????
It was a different game(the boys made some adjustments and delivered)...
*Sinton got the ball on the kickoff, they went three and out and tried to punt. They almost had the punt blocked but sidestepped the rusher and ran for about 20. Wow! There was some life in the crowd. Sinton marched down the field, RUNNING ALL THE WAY, to get 13 on the board...(bad snap led to the two point try)-momentum Sinton was alive and kicking
*Burnet got the ball and the Pirates had some life stopping Burnet for more than a few yards...(the crowd and the boys both had life)-momentum Pirates cuz they wouldn't give up
*Sinton got the ball back and did a little but not much, Burnet was again playing inspired defense, Sinton punt...(here's where it gets freaky, Shipley on the return fumbled the ball after getting wacked blindsided, Sinton pounced on it, and it was called Burnet ball eek! , still the official must of made the right call )-momentum Sinton bigtime cuz this crowd was P I "double S" E D, we were IRATE :&gt;( Sinton didn't sit down again until the middle of the fourth quarter!)
{Don't get dejected Burnet, it happened right in front of me}
*Burnet ball around midfield, they march downfield challenged all the way to about the 20. Sinton fans are really, really getting fired up! The Pirates stop them after the boys break through their line a couple of times and makes the QB throw out of bounds because of pursuit(Btw Sinton hounded him like this the rest of the way.)-momentum Sinton. The boys started playing to there potential. We are proud of you boys...
*Sinton(it gets sketchy from here :D ) made like a 40 yard run to the Burnet 30. The boys tried to take it farther but Burnet stiffened. Alas the ball went over on downs...(Burnet D is great inside the 20)-momentum Burnet barely cuz the boys and us kept it up...
*Burnet has more, much more success running than passing against that mighty Sinton defense, since their QB was harried all of the 2nd half and scored on a really nice trick play(well executed.)... (They went up 42-13 in the early 4th)-momentum Burnet
*Sinton runs down inside the Burnet 10 yard line to make it 42-21 with both teams 1st strings still playing...(Too late, but the Pirates ran nicely on that great Burnet run defense)-momentum doesn't matter only a few minutes on the clock even though I was hoping for a miracle. :D
*Burnet killed the clock for the win.
Burnet is deserving of their no. 1 ranking and it showed. Sinton did turn it around this year from a 1-4 start. Their 'D' is pretty good! They stepped up their run game since the season started nicely. I think the boys earned the respect of any of the Burnet fans in the stands, as well they should.
Burnet had a nice showing at Buc stadium! More than the 1600 sold at their school. They were very, very vocal as I've seen before. They were extemely loud the first half(I couldn't here them the second half).
The Sinton crowd was ravenous in the second half! I can only type(no voice left!!!) for communications! http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sprachlos/speechless-smiley-012.gif
I was glad to see 66, Old Green, 75 and Phil C...
I met bleedmaroon, zippy, lg(something or some other, sorry it was brief) and even Paintball http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sprachlos/speechless-smiley-040.gif.
Bleedmaroon looked like a prototypical Sinton fan, hehe(a cool, great fan). Sorry Paintball, I still disagree, what is said here is important(look for that on another thread.)
Zippy was cool, he was looking for us http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/spezial/Fool/yaya.gif, (to poop on...), no really, Zippy was great and we enjoyed talking to him.
Bottom line the Pirates lost to a GREAT team. They(Burnet) played as a team(as did Sinton) and earned this win.
Good luck Pirates in your future!
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/mittelgrosse/medium-smiley-091.gif
Because you've got at least one Sinton fan in your arsenal(LOL, you've got many!)!
You're future is bright indeed!!!
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sehrgrosse/large-smiley-042.gif

<small>[ November 29, 2003, 01:01 AM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

Dawgystyle
11-28-2003, 11:47 PM
SintonFan I think you got the recap right for the most part. There was good blocking on the Sinton Kickoff return for 6 but it all started because Burnet overpursued. Playing a 4-6 defense forced us to run on the first series which I felt Burnet prepared for well. I did notice that especially in the 3rd quarter the Dbacks for Sinton really had their guys covered as noted by the succesive throw-a-ways by McGee.
I don't necessarily agree that there was that many momentum shifts. After the fumble recovery in the endzone it was all Burnet. Sinton had a good series in the 3rd quarter but it took 8 minutes off the clock. Consuming that much time to score against an opponent that can score at a much quicker pace will help you lose every time.
Overall it was a good game by both teams. I felt Burnet had a whole lot more miscues that caused them trouble than Sinton ever really playing better. Anyway you look at it its been a good run. Good luck next year.

olddawggreen
11-28-2003, 11:48 PM
Great game Sinton! Your team played a tough game. I got back to Burnet a little after 10:00. Im sorry I didnt get to see any of you guys at half time, I went to the meeting place but no one was there, maybe I just missed you guys. Any congratulation on a great year. It was a great day for football!

<small>[ November 28, 2003, 10:49 PM: Message edited by: olddawggreen ]</small>

SintonFan
11-28-2003, 11:56 PM
Good to hear from you Dawgystyle.
This is called "feel and flow of the game" cuz that's the way it felt from my perspective. wink
It was a good game.
Good game Burnet, you guys earned that victory!!!
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/cool/cool-smiley-015.gif

Dawgystyle
11-29-2003, 12:02 AM
Fair enough Sinton Fan. I guess I have the advantage of seeing Burnet all year and knowing their momentum tendancies. You recapped a good game. I was there too. I don't disagree with you completely, just saw a few things differently. Good luck next season.

SintonFan
11-29-2003, 12:04 AM
olddawggreen:
Great game Sinton! Your team played a tough game. I got back to Burnet a little after 10:00. Im sorry I didnt get to see any of you guys at half time, I went to the meeting place but no one was there, maybe I just missed you guys. Any congratulation on a great year. It was a great day for football!olddawggreen, many of us went and met up at the road across from the gate. After that first half many of us smokers really needed a puff. I missed Chris and spaniard, too. It would have been great to have met you. :) :)
We barely got back in time for the kickoff...

SintonFan
11-29-2003, 12:17 AM
Dawgystyle:
Fair enough Sinton Fan. I guess I have the advantage of seeing Burnet all year and knowing their momentum tendancies. You recapped a good game. I was there too. I don't disagree with you completely, just saw a few things differently. Good luck next season..
Momentum is almost always subjective to most fans. I didn't try to make the game accurate play by play, cuz I can't. This post was after the game. I'm not a coach. Many Sinton fans will probably disagree with me as will yall. The game is over and both teams have a very bright future! http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/ruinkai/coolgleamA.gif

Chris Hart
11-29-2003, 12:47 AM
Ya'll are right it was a good game, but I have to make one correction SintonFan. Yall's last drive when we were up 42-13 was against our second string. The only starters that were in for the Burnet defense on that drive was the secondary(to keep from giving up a long TD pass). Sinton and Burnet will both have good teams next year as well, but we just may go to 4A next year. Good game by both teams! Did ya'll forget about the 80+ yd. TD kickoff return that was called back on us too? :p :)

I had the pleasure of meeting Phil C today, great to meet you Phil.How Bout them Spurs? He told me 66 and the gang were outside smoking, but I didn't see you guys out there anywhere. I had to go out at halftime to check on my ride, they were calling out license plate #'s of cars that were about to be towed in the 1st quarter, and wouldn't you know it, I was SOOOO WORRIED about mine that I waited til halftime to check on it. Luckily it wasn't mine :) , but sorry I missed the rest of you guys! Maybe next year. wink

<small>[ November 28, 2003, 11:50 PM: Message edited by: Chris Hart ]</small>

Old Dog
11-29-2003, 01:16 AM
Really sorry I missed the meeting too! Running too late. You Sinton posters have a lot to be proud of AND look forward to. Next year that team should really come into it's own. Kinda wonder if we'll meet here next year! I'd put money on Sinton being back. Take care guys and see you later on the board.